Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12

+33
Piciollina
fantastica
Delight
TimF
CloveGlee
ariel189
sahhar
AnneNeville
ladydianab
ColferGirl
coxfire
sjonnepon
SippyCupofLuv
Ireth
M&M
crazypumpkin
glimmerle
tanita_mors
Ranwing
Jellyrolls
ColferInspired
rooszie
Divalicious
brisallie
Glorfindel
MoviesAreLife
valkeakuulas
Lottie2303
ChrisColferFan1
arina
colfhummel
sheny
BigDestiny
37 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12

Post  Ranwing 4/9/2013, 12:02 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:But what is the missing factor in this episode that we have in all of the other serious episodes you mentioned? Their best emotional actor is not appearing in the episode, never mind carrying the emotional core of the story.

The lack of Chris doing the heavy emotional lifting is going to be very hard to make up for, given that there is not a single actor at the McKinley location that is going to be able to communicate the kind of gavitas that this kind of storyline requires without turning it into trite melodrama. Darren's efforts at drama are... to put it charitabily... uneven. They gave Melissa a fairly serious storyline with her character's bulemia and it was done so poorly that the show pulled the cord on it pretty quickly. I haven't seen anything out of Jacob or Blake that would hint that they can carry a heavy storyline with nuance. It's going to be a heavy handed mess.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12

Post  Glorfindel 4/9/2013, 12:10 pm

^Exactly.

sheny wrote:Glee characters usually forget the people they love when there is life threatening situation. Brittany totally forgot Santana's existence when she thought the world was ending and married Sam. So I'm not surprised Blaine forgets "the person he loves the most in the world" when he thinks he is going to die.
I can totally understand sending a message to his parents. That's what most teenagers will do in his place, but not even mentioning Kurt makes me a little angry. I don't even blame him. the writers just forget Kurt and the other NY characters when they don't need them around.
That's because they know darn well that NY will be missed, so the less attention on that the better. Plus of course that these writers always seem to forget the connections these characters have with other characters when they write a storyline for one of them. Relationships, family and friends are non-excistent. Like no Furt for a season, no Blaine when Kurt was going through so much in season 3, no parents when their really should have been parents, no Brittany for Santana when she was outed, none of the old friendships of season 1 when Quinn had a baby.

Jellyrolls wrote:
i heard the ep is 96% about the newbies..is that accurate?
Actually, it's 98% newbies, 1% Sue and 1% Bieste #Glee #ShootingStar

So where does Brittany fit in this... she isn't a newbie?
Well, you're right. It's 97% newbies, 1% #Bram, 1% Sue, 1% Bieste then. #Glee #ShootingStar

Brittany,Artie, Tina,Sam And Blaine are not newbies - aren't they featured too?
Yes, but I counted them in the Sue portion

So, it's 97% newbies--meaning Jake, Marley, Ryder, and Unique?
And Kitty.

Not for anything, but it is kind of surprising that for all the "emmy" talk, Ryan's favorite Darren isn't heavily featured. It's interesting that they have excluded him from heavy, Emmy worthy material, isn't it?
Ryan is simply giving the others a chance to shine without their star and leader. suure moque

Anything on Blaine in the episode? Thanks.
Blaine records a lil message for his parents during the shooting #Glee #ShootingStar

Queue over-emotional fake teary-eyed one sided phone call.
Derp faces galore, yippie!
Blaine thinking of his parents has the good side-effect that finally we can put the headcanons of a neglected by his parents Blainey to rest. (Although the Blarren stans will probably twist whatever he says into 'proof' that Blaine is an abused child or something anyway.)

How would you classify it?
Probably a B+, but it's really hard to grade because it's SO different. And that's a good and bad thing for #Glee
Good in that they took core storyline 100% seriously. Didn't turn it into a joke. Nothing tasteless like #PumpedUpKicks
Bad in that it's a totally different tone for #Glee, and it requires viewers to suspend their usual conception of the show

Regarding the underlined, this really seems like a bad idea to come back from hiatis with this episode. It could lose a lot of viewers.
I really hope this episode tanks in the ratings. Preferably a reasonably number of people will be tuning in and then tuning out again during the episode.

Jellyrolls wrote:RIB must be promising these reviewers exclusive interviews or something to get them to try to create positive buzz for this episode.
They are definitely in RIB's pocket, but still..... if you read between the lines even they could not hold back some criticism. unsure
It will be interesting to see how the independent reviewers will rate this episode.

Jellyrolls wrote:But what is the missing factor in this episode that we have in all of the other serious episodes you mentioned? Their best emotional actor is not appearing in the episode, never mind carrying the emotional core of the story.
Exactly. hapitgh

I wonder how the noobs will do now that they are on their own. But if 17 episodes of heavily propping and favoring didn't make them 'pop' I doubt that this hand tailored episode will do the trick. Evil or Very Mad
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/9/2013, 12:18 pm

Brian Cantor ‏@cantorpedia
Like I said upfront, I fully expect a LOT of people to hate the #ShootingStar episode of #Glee. But I do disagree with one assessment:

This episode does NOT ignore character by any means. There are multiple pay-offs to characterizations & various relationships. #Glee

And the episode also focuses on notably developing several characters. You can call the ep a cheap stunt, but #Glee doesn't waste the opp

@BringKlaineBack Obviously yes, but they had very clear, McKinley-centric objectives for this episode, and it achieves them well. #Glee
It's too little, too late, guys. Why would we get excited and grateful for character development of characters we don't give a shit about after 17 episodes of profuse exposure?
And why does it take a grim subject like a school shooting to finally do some development at all?
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/9/2013, 12:23 pm

honestly, if an episode is going to be hated by many and be rather polarizing, it cant really be that good. the best and greatest episodes of any tv show, are the ones that were loved by many if not all fans. that is what makes them the best.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 4/9/2013, 12:27 pm

I wonder if it is Darren's scene that "surprised them" regarding not being well done. I think they realize they've given Blarren more than enough scenes to prove his acting ability, and while he is popular, he just isn't Emmy worthy.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/9/2013, 1:55 pm

tanita_mors wrote:honestly, if an episode is going to be hated by many and be rather polarizing, it cant really be that good. the best and greatest episodes of any tv show, are the ones that were loved by many if not all fans. that is what makes them the best.

An episode can be polorizing and still be worthy. Critics were very divided over NBK and it remains an important episode in the Glee mythos. Same with Grilled Cheezus. Episodes that bring out strong emotions (both positive and negative) can be important because they are challenging the viewer.

But there is a difference between not liking an episode because you disagreed with the message and because it's just not very well done. Leaving out your strongest actors is a monumental error on RM's part (and that also includes Matt as one of the best of the "adult" characters), but putting the focus almost exclusively on the new characters that have yet (after 17 episodes) to really catch on with the audience comes across as manipulative. It's as if Murphy is grabbing you by the shoulders and shaking you violently, yelling "YOU WILL CARE ABOUT THEM!"

Ummmm.... no. I grew to care about Kurt because after five episodes I was presented with an intriguing character that quickly proved to be more more than just a stock archtype played by an exceptionally capable actor. I didn't have to be goaded or coaxed into liking him. They didn't have to devote special episodes to make him interesting.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 4/9/2013, 2:14 pm

I don't understand something. What category will Glee compete if this episode was really Emmy worthy which it is not I'm 110% sure. Can they just put them in the drama category because of this one episode, because they certainly have no place in comedy with a school shooting episode?

Last edited by sheny on 4/9/2013, 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 4/9/2013, 2:14 pm

This whole thing about giving the noobs a chance does kind of annoy, doesn't it. Haven't we given them a chance? Haven't the writers given them tons of screen time and songs to give them a chance? The problem is they spent so much time giving them chances they didn't give them personalities. And while they might be decent actors, they don't have the chops to give a few lines, or simply being in the background, and make that into a whole character that people are intrigued to know.

I don't hate them, I never hated them, I never even really resented all the time they got, that was pretty much all on the scads of time they gave Blam. There just was nothing in them to make me care, or empathize with for me. If this were a show based on cute kids with talent, and just that, I wouldn't be watching it. I watched Glee because I enjoyed the characters, the quirkiness, and because I loved Kurt Hummel. I rooted for him to win, because so much in life was against him. So the few times he did win, it was a real victory. These kids, and Rachel and Blaine, get handed so much, I never really feel they work hard. I see Rachel's drive, Lea shows that very well, but in the end we know that Rachel is going to get accolades and honors, so it means little to me. The kids remaining are cute kids, with a few problems they trot out when trying to make them multi-dimensional, but they don't have the drive and the desire that I felt with the first group. There is no struggle. Even Marley, who has an important storyline, it feels more like her bulemia is more not to be like Mom, than an emotional issue that touches the real kids out there. I don't hate them, I just don't buy them. And I shouldn't be told over and over again to give them a chance, if they were intriguing we would be pulled into our story whether we wanted to be there or not. They just don't deliver. Like any story that doesn't work out, if it isn't working, you need to change it, instead of investing time and an entire season on it. Bring us the unwanted and outcast, and make us feel for them, Glee. Quit trying to tell me that these perfect specimens have pathos and angst in their life and that I should care. And if you have an important story, like transgender, give it to an actor who can bring all the dimensions to it, not just a sassy black woman persona. It takes all the power out of the story.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/9/2013, 2:17 pm

Um, they've got me hooked. At least I will have a look a the episode and see what I think of it. Still cautious, but I am always happy to see good acting.

Nonetheless, I gave the Newbies time (18 episodes!!!) to grow and me to like them. Glee would be so much easier actually if I'd love the characters. I don't. I usually give a TV show 45 minutes (sometimes even less). So why am I expected to be so lenient and forgiving for Glee? I already have favorite characters, thank you very much! RIB failed. No matter how much they detest it, they failed. It is also too late.

Still don't believe it will win any Emmy's. For whom? Especially when some will stand out for being incredible terrible. I also have a suspicion it might be Darren they are talking about. That person seemed surprised and their seems to be common acceptance that Darren is a good actor. I am very, very hesitant and just look forward to the week after to finally meet Kurt again wub .
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/9/2013, 2:29 pm

sheny wrote:I don't understand something. What category will Glee compete if this episode was really Emmy worthy which it is not I'm 110% sure. Can they just put them in the drama category because of this one episode, because they certainly have no place in comedy with a school shooting episode?
I think Glee is stuck in the comedy category, so using this episode for an Emmy admission would not make any sense, imo.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  glimmerle 4/9/2013, 3:06 pm

It wouldn't make much sense to hand it in to garner a writing for a comedy series or a best comedy series nomination, but a nominated director or actor/actress could still use it as their episode to be judged on (like Dot handing in her domestic violence episode). Michael Hitchcock's Emmy-tweet last week referred to those two categories only. That said, RIB+ must be delusional to think anyone amongst the actors carrying 98% of this episode would have even the slightest chance at an Emmy nom.
glimmerle
glimmerle
Llama
Llama

http://glimmerle.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/9/2013, 3:14 pm

They can put this episode up for whatever award they want, but it's going to have a snowflake's chance in the 9th circle of hell if they actually get a nomination (especially considering that far better eps didn't). Just saying something is award-worthy doesn't mean that it will actually get put up for anything, especially if the critics who aren't on RM's payroll respond the way I expect them to.

The sad thing is that it possibly could have been a great episode with a better cast. If they'd done something like this with the original group, who are capable of giving the kind of nuanced performances that can grip the audience, it probably really would be an Emmy-worthy ep. One of my favorite comedies - M*A*S*H often did extremely serious episodes with no laugh track that they were amazing. The idea for SS might be good, but with this cast, it's got no real chance of being successful.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  crazypumpkin 4/9/2013, 3:38 pm

I think that this is going to be Janes Emmy episode, because she is only one who has a chance to get one this year, as 3 nominees from supporting actress category from last year are out and there isn´t really any new comedy with enough buzz to get some Emmy nom and it means, that they will go for actress from some older comedy series.

crazypumpkin
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/9/2013, 3:49 pm

There was a stabbing at a Houston college today. At least 14 people have been injured. So though it wasn't a shooting this time, this episode will ear two days after a major violent incident at a school.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/9/2013, 4:04 pm

Lovely. Whoever thought that this ep was a good idea really needs his head examined.

Looking at you, Ryan Murphy... beam
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 4/9/2013, 4:09 pm

Mercedes has a solo in ep. 21
Higher Ground - Mercedes Jones
Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12 - Page 3 Tumblr_ml04ppFUr41r4ezfzo2_1280

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/9/2013, 4:12 pm

sheny wrote:Mercedes has a solo in ep. 21
Higher Ground - Mercedes Jones
Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12 - Page 3 Tumblr_ml04ppFUr41r4ezfzo2_1280

Is that a new picture? Funnily enough, it reinforces my idea that Klaine will end up as friends. Don't ask me why, but I don't necessarily get a romantic vice.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  glimmerle 4/9/2013, 4:20 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:Is that a new picture? Funnily enough, it reinforces my idea that Klaine will end up as friends. Don't ask me why, but I don't necessarily get a romantic vibe.
Me neither. Mercedes and Mike look more like a romantic couple than Klaine.
And Blaine looks like 35+ in that pic.
glimmerle
glimmerle
Llama
Llama

http://glimmerle.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/9/2013, 4:22 pm

You'd think that after working there (and seeing a mouse) that the Lima Bean would be the absolute last place Kurt would want to hang out at.

Really not getting romantic vibes from Kurt. Not with the lack of eye contact with Blaine and the way he's stacking packets of sugar. I'm getting more romantic vibes from Mercedes and Mike.

Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 4/9/2013, 4:29 pm

Mercedes and Mike would make a very cute couple. I don't know what to think about Kurt in the picture. Some people on Tumblr say he is blushing. Ryan's spoilers are always misleading so everything is possible.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/9/2013, 4:31 pm

Also, Ryan would never spoil them getting back together. At least not through pictures and tweets. Just remember CWM and how that turned out. I am getting cautiously optimistic that Klaine might be over for good. At least for now.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/9/2013, 4:41 pm

Kurt and Blaine look about as affectionate as this famous movie hug.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12 - Page 3 Tumblr_loxapoPmGQ1ql01d2o1_500

Guess which one is Voldermort? lol!
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 4/9/2013, 5:09 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:Also, Ryan would never spoil them getting back together. At least not through pictures and tweets. Just remember CWM and how that turned out. I am getting cautiously optimistic that Klaine might be over for good. At least for now.

I hope Klaine is over for good. If RIB wants me be not only to accept Klaine getting back together but to ship them as well,they need to make Blaine apologize to Kurt for both cheating and blaming of Kurt. They also need to show Blaine working on earning Kurt's trust back.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  colfhummel 4/9/2013, 5:23 pm

I don't know what to think of Kurt and Blaine in that picture yet, like if they talk about their relationship and all the stuff that has happened in the past months, then hey cool. (Still don't want them to get back together this season...)
But what I'm really happy about is the fact that Kurt and Mercedes seem to have at least one scene together, I missed my Kurtcedes. Smile
colfhummel
colfhummel
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

http://colfhummel.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 4/9/2013, 5:26 pm

colfhummel wrote:I don't know what to think of Kurt and Blaine in that picture yet, like if they talk about their relationship and all the stuff that has happened in the past months, then hey cool. (Still don't want them to get back together this season...)
But what I'm really happy about is the fact that Kurt and Mercedes seem to have at least one scene together, I missed my Kurtcedes. Smile
Welcome in the club, I really missed them too!:-)
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next