Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

+28
sahhar
TimF
AnneNeville
colfhummel
rooszie
Delight
SippyCupofLuv
tanita_mors
Buenos
Ireth
coxfire
arina
ChrisColferFan1
Lottie2303
opals
Ranwing
Divalicious
glimmerle
Jellyrolls
valkeakuulas
brisallie
MoviesAreLife
Glorfindel
sheny
ColferGirl
ColferInspired
bayth
fantastica
32 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 8 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

Post  Lottie2303 3/25/2013, 12:15 pm

I considered it aggressive, because that discussion never should have happened in a serious manner at all. I sincerely do not care about your maturity level, but you do not change schools (specifically from an academic respected, harassment-free private school to an academic inferior, public school with a low harassment policy) for your boyfriend. It would have been a great way to introduce Blaines parents, because no interested parental unit would agree to such transfer. Also, during the first conversation Kurt was rather insistent and basically pushed Blaine to make a decision. The second scene was just a lazy attempt to cover up the entire fuckery of the situation and it did not change the fact that Kurt was still the one who initiated the entire idea. Alas, the entire transfer was handled so poorly. RIB just were not interested to give valid reasons why Blaine had to get to MK.

Big Kursie here, who will defend him to death, but that contrived storyline was most defiantly a low for the character and I get why other people dislike him in this particular situation. That hurts, especially because the Kurt we know and followed throughputs the years, would not condemn such behavior. Seriously, it would have been more in character for Kurt to force Blaine back to Dalton and insist that Blaine does not give up his entire academic career and circle of friends just to be with him in a homophobic environment.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 8 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

Post  Divalicious 3/25/2013, 12:16 pm

Kurt and Finn are my two favorite characters on this show because of reasons many of you have already listed. They are interesting, full of flaws human, and are portrayed by excellent actors. Funny when they say Finn overshadowed Rachel, when ANYONE in Rachel's story is usually there to service her story. She is the star, and so everyone is a prop to tell her story. Finn and Kurt included. I think Rachel overshadowed Finn, until they broke them up and gave him stories outside of her. Kurt is now in Finn's boat. He is there to provide color and a sounding board for Rachel. That is one reason I am glad Santana is in NY, so Kurt might actually get to do something outside of be there to say how beautiful and awesome Rachel is.

My brother and I had a conversation recently where we decided that Kurt's entire Vogue.com mini-storyline was basically to give Rachel a makeover. I think it also threw in an early victory for Kurt, for those of us very vocal in our displeasure about Kurt's storyline last year and it's amazingly awful ending. But where is it now? As soon as the makeover was done, it was used as a reason for Kurt to be busy, and Blaine to decide he can fly to NY to apologize, but not to have have sex, that, he would do with a stranger. Then, just gone.

The season is too near the end for them to probably do anything major with Kurt, other than perhaps a cliffhanger. It would be nice to think that next year they will re-energize Kurt's story so he interacts with more than just Rachel and Blaine, with the occasional scene with someone else. He brings so much to relationships, and is such a strong actor, they should spread him around. When I see Blaine and Sam getting to interact with each other and many others it is frustrating, because they can bring, gosh we're cute and young and like to have fun stories, but as adults, not seeing that much. They can bring the shallow, but not the deep, like Kurt and Finn. Even Rachel I see on more the shallow side, because they won't allow her to less than perfect and the bestest singer ever. I wish they would have her fail, just so we can see her strive to succeed, rather than know she will win no matter what, much like Blaine. Although Lea is a much better actor, IMO.

Kurt's kind of strength is more enduring when it comes to himself. I don't feel that Kurt really cares what some people say or think. After so much verbal, emotional and physical abuse, he just doesn't feel it like you or I would. We would be hurt to tears, Kurt just mentally shrugs and says I know who I am, and too bad you don't. Letting you hurt me gives you power over me, and I will give you nothing. Now, when it comes to those he cares about, I see him having a fierce strength. Like when Tina got pushed against the lockers in the Lady Gaga episode, himself, Kurt just takes, but Tina, he got protective. I wish we would get to see more of that side of him. Come to think about it, that is also shows how multi-dimensional Kurt is, he doesn't respond in just one way, with one emotional tone to a situation. He has layers.

We know when Blaine gets a song, there will be the same kind of pee-pee dancing and the same derpy faces. When Blaine is liking someone, the same puppy dog eyes and the same intensity. Like when he professes his love to Kurt, and his crush to Sam, they seem to have the same value in his behavior. Brittney, Sam, pretty much the same. They are cardboard, give them something emotional and they are like a box sitting out in the rain, falling apart and not very useful anymore. It angers me that they are given so much, just to give a reason for these people to sing and perform. Blaine has had a ton of exposure this year, and basically all I've learned with all of his scenes is 1) derpy faces are a must 2)it is okay to crush on him, or him to crush on you, because he is Blaine 3)he will cheat if he is afraid of losing you or being alone and 4) he gets to win where Kurt got to lose, because Kurt is there to show the pathos of the gay kids journey in high school and Blaine gets to show the opposite-happy endings.

I know there are rumors about the 5th season school year being a continuation of this one, and not showing any senior angst about college is one of the reasons I wonder if it is true. They could just do a throw away episode right at the end, and indicate where the seniors are going, but miss out on Blaine actually having a reason to sing, like a NYADA audition, I just don't see them doing. The longer they keep Blaine in Lima, the longer we can keep Klaine apart, I just cross my fingers that Kurt will actually be seen dating Adam a couple of times before his inevitable reunion with his perfect other half.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 3/25/2013, 1:00 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:I considered it aggressive, because that discussion never should have happened in a serious manner at all. I sincerely do not care about your maturity level, but you do not change schools (specifically from an academic respected, harassment-free private school to an academic inferior, public school with a low harassment policy) for your boyfriend. It would have been a great way to introduce Blaines parents, because no interested parental unit would agree to such transfer. Also, during the first conversation Kurt was rather insistent and basically pushed Blaine to make a decision. The second scene was just a lazy attempt to cover up the entire fuckery of the situation and it did not change the fact that Kurt was still the one who initiated the entire idea. Alas, the entire transfer was handled so poorly. RIB just were not interested to give valid reasons why Blaine had to get to MK.

Big Kursie here, who will defend him to death, but that contrived storyline was most defiantly a low for the character and I get why other people dislike him in this particular situation. That hurts, especially because the Kurt we know and followed throughputs the years, would not condemn such behavior. Seriously, it would have been more in character for Kurt to force Blaine back to Dalton and insist that Blaine does not give up his entire academic career and circle of friends just to be with him in a homophobic environment.

I agree that this storyline belongs to the biggest clusterfuck ever pulled by Glee, and not only because Kurt demanding it from Blaine was indeed a bad move, but also considering Blaine's age retcon that followed.

I agree that, even if Blaine had wanted to transfer schools, his parents probably would have been against it because it put him back in a hostile environnement where he had been harrassed and beat up and made no sense for him to go from a private school which provides you better education and chances when applying for colleges. Some use will use it as a way to prove Blaine's parents don't care for him (poor woobie Blainers), but to me it's just a huge overlook of all these details.

Now, I recognize Kurt was insistent, but as told earlier, he didn't put a gun on Blaine's head and told him to transfer, nor did he tell him he'll break up if Blaine stayed at Dalton. The only one who made the decision was Blaine. And I know some will say "he did it for Kurt", but he also did it for himself. Seeing how he reacted this year with Kurt in NY, it's not too far fetched to think he was already needy by the time and wanted to be with Kurt just as much as Kurt wanted to be with him. Besides, he knew he was one year younger and would stay behind after Kurt's graduation, but apparently didn't think it through before transferring. Thirdly, he indeed had the Premium position as Warbler in Dalton and all his friends there, why give up all that?

To me, this is once more an instance of Glee showing an "epic romantic gesture" without filling the gap in the holes. I didn't find Blaine's transfer romantic, but stupid and moronic, and I still liked Blaine back in the days!!

And, as you pointed out, Kurt's demand was pretty OOC: "Hey Blaine, why don't you come to my school? You know, the one where you are a nobody whereas you're a star in Dalton? The one where being in Glee Club sucks whereas being in the Warblers is the coolest stuff ever? The one where I was insulted/harrrassed/sexually assaulted/slushied/thrown into dumpsters/checked into lockers/elected friggin' Prom Queen? The one where we will never be allowed to show any PDA?". Yeah, very logical from Kurt.

In a way, I realize by typing that, however they had handled it, this transfer would still have made no sense, the whole premisses were dumb (the real point being: let's bring Blaine to McKinley, more Blee, more cash, yeah!!!). So they went the worst way, Gleefashion, and neither of the boys look good
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/25/2013, 2:21 pm

Here's what I think. Yes, Kurt has flaws. Yes, Kurt can be selfish (but you're not gonna live to see me a STAR!), bitchy (any season one moment), self absorbed, annoying, maniplulative, whiny...and asking his boyfriend to switch schools for him wasn't a good move. My personal least favorite moment from him was when he, of all people, dissed bisexual boys as just going through a "I want to be normal" phase. Then again, I think that he had something against Blaine being bisexual because it would be that much harder to become his boyfriend, not against bisexuals in general. But all of that being said, Kurt is one of the most kind, compassionate, mature, gentle, brave, forgiving, wise, inspirational characters on the show. He is a wonderful and lovely young man (er...character). He isn't perfect, but he is a good and decent human being (I mean, character! tonguue ) and he strives to be better than his less savory impulses. Kurt, as a character, represents what we as human beings should do: we cannot be perfect, but we should strive to be the best, most decent and caring people we can be without letting ourselves become doormats. This is exactly what Kurt is. Even at his worst moments, he has been nowhere near as hurtful as some of the others have been. He is as human as a fictional character can be, but he is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't with the haters in the fandom who, like a certain someone, will find any excuse to hate on him because it makes them feel better about their personal favorite characters (insecurity). I don't understand why Blaine is given the "he's just human" pass, whereas Kurt cannot win. When he screws up, he's self absorbed and selfish and a bitch. When he tries to be his best, he's St. Kurt. F#ck these Kurt haters, I say.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 3/25/2013, 10:17 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:Here's what I think. Yes, Kurt has flaws. Yes, Kurt can be selfish (but you're not gonna live to see me a STAR!), bitchy (any season one moment), self absorbed, annoying, maniplulative, whiny...and asking his boyfriend to switch schools for him wasn't a good move. My personal least favorite moment from him was when he, of all people, dissed bisexual boys as just going through a "I want to be normal" phase. Then again, I think that he had something against Blaine being bisexual because it would be that much harder to become his boyfriend, not against bisexuals in general. But all of that being said, Kurt is one of the most kind, compassionate, mature, gentle, brave, forgiving, wise, inspirational characters on the show. He is a wonderful and lovely young man (er...character). He isn't perfect, but he is a good and decent human being (I mean, character! tonguue ) and he strives to be better than his less savory impulses. Kurt, as a character, represents what we as human beings should do: we cannot be perfect, but we should strive to be the best, most decent and caring people we can be without letting ourselves become doormats. This is exactly what Kurt is. Even at his worst moments, he has been nowhere near as hurtful as some of the others have been. He is as human as a fictional character can be, but he is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't with the haters in the fandom who, like a certain someone, will find any excuse to hate on him because it makes them feel better about their personal favorite characters (insecurity). I don't understand why Blaine is given the "he's just human" pass, whereas Kurt cannot win. When he screws up, he's self absorbed and selfish and a bitch. When he tries to be his best, he's St. Kurt. F#ck these Kurt haters, I say.

Great post MoviesAreLife. I agree with everything you posted. I wonder if Blaine would still get "he just human" pass,if Chris Colfer was playing him and would Kurt still get hate for not been perfect,if Darren Criss was playing him?
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/25/2013, 10:43 pm

Just a few words about Finn: I actually like him, despite the fact that he can be an ass from time to time. I really think his heart is in the right place most of the time, but he is misguided. He means well, but he doesn't aways know how to achieve what he is trying to do. It's a great credit to Cory that he can portray Finn's insecurities and vulnerability so well.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 3/26/2013, 3:13 am

I think Finn acts a lot of times more realistic than we like to admit. People use words like 'retards', are unintentionally homophobic and also lost because they see no purpose in life after highschool. It was also an interesting idea that he felt inferior compared to Rachel, who had all that talent and drive and most importantly a clear plan. If it is clearly marked as character development, I love it when characters actually make mistakes and get out of it stronger and wiser.

What bothers me is that Finn (also Blaine) is supposed to be the 'hero' and then makes all the mistakes that are sometimes even considered 'okay'. I guess it would be better if they just let him be a normal, insecure, future searching teenager who still has a lot to learn. I also dislike that they had to literally destroy Rachels ambition and drive in order to make Finchel work and for Finn to be the stronger party in the relationship. I never liked Finchel, but Season 3 was truly the end of any sympathy I felt for them. That Rachel would give up NYADA for Finn (and Kurt) and he forced her to get on the train, was one of the biggest fuckery moments of Glee (which means a lot). That scene never should have happened and it would have been more satisfying for Rachel actually leave willingly and put her career and academic future first. Alas, that never happens in Glee verse.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 3/26/2013, 10:51 am

10 Weirdest Moments On Glee This Season
1. Finn kisses Emma Pillsbury. I understand how hot and sweet & grown Finn is, but on the show, he’s only 18-19. So imagine how incredibly awkward it is to see him kiss his old guidance counselor. Also, he suddenly just comes back and takes over The Glee Club. Can you just do that?

2. Rachel & Kurt’s NYC Loft: Is it me, or is anybody else wondering how they’re paying for that huge loft? This is 2013, and no matter where you live in NYC you’re going to pay an arm and a leg. But they seem to be oblivious and happy, full furnishing the place. Could their parents be taking care of everything? I doubt it. We know who Kurt’s dad is and he doesn’t exactly look rich to us.

3. Blaine & Sam & Tina? It was incredibly awkward to see Tina, a very confident girl in previous seasons suddenly become this lovelorn kid fawning over an obviously Gay Blaine. What’s even more awkward is Blaine and Sam’s developing feelings over the season. While we think its nice, it still doesn’t make sense since he was so into Britney weeks before.

4. The On & Off Showing Up Of Older Cast Members: While we definitely love Mercedes and the rest of the crew, it feels at times weird to see them just suddenly pop up like they have nothing better to do than to judge stuff and sing a few songs. There has to be another way to incorporate them in the show to make sense of their presence.

5. Kurt & His Internship At Vogue.com: We all know that Kurt’s passion is Broadway and being over the top, but its never been about fashion. So I find it odd that suddenly he gets an internship at Vogue.com for next to no reason. He has no experience and no interest in it. In fact, he eventually gets into NYADA which furthers my point that just because you’re Gay doesn’t mean music and fashion always go hand in hand.

6. Christian Kitty: Where the hell did this character come from, and while we all love a mean girl, this one really seems crass and annoying. One minute she’s faking the rapture and the next minute she’s Miss Play Nice. And for being a Christian, she manages to have sex with Puck. Weird.

7. Rachel’s Boyfriend Is A Male Escort: While that’s nothing new in New York, its kind of odd that Santana finds this out before Rachel. Also, what does this mean about Rachel’s health? Will they be addressing the fact that she may contract an STD?

8. Let’s Have a Kiki: While we certainly love Sarah Jessica Parker and anything she’s in, I found it quite odd she would even attend an intern’s Thanksgiving being a busy editor. On top of that, being friends with Drag Queens without a back story. I’ll admit, I’ll watch anything Shangela is in. Hallelloo!!!

9. Marley’s Poor Girl SubStory: While we can sympathize with Marley for being the poor girl in the group, I hardly believe that Lima is a rich town and Glee’s School is a rich one. While she is poor, it doesn’t seem like it should be a big deal. It’s not exactly Vanderbilt High and no one really cares. This seems to rip off of She’s All That and then to top it off pits her against two loves. While I love dramatics and romance, Glee’s backstories are so diverse with too much going on, that you barely have time to appreciate Marley and who ever she’s with’s romance.

10. Musical Selections: While Glee became known for their covers and mash-up of fun popular songs which managed to chart tons of times on the Billboard charts which is an impressive feat, it seems like they’ve missed the mark this season with only a few memorable performances worthy of downloading. They even managed to piss off Britney Spears for spoofing her trying downfall. While Glee is a great show with great singers, it seems to be failing in bringing the heat like it used to.

While these are 10 of the weirdest moments on Glee this season, I must say its characters are still enjoyable, the show is still breaking barriers and the covers are some times even better than the original like Neyo’s song. Glee has a strong formula and a strong creator, but perhaps because its sister show American Horror Story is so amazing and has caught quite the buzz, this may be stealing its thunder. But I highly doubt season 5 will be a dud. I think the producers will learn from this season and make an amazing Season 5 with all of us watching.

[x]
General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 8 Tumblr_inline_mk9b2jcV0v1qz4rgp

Last edited by sheny on 3/26/2013, 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/26/2013, 11:32 am

See I always read the Kurt bisexual vent different than most people. Kurt was being rude and dismissive but not for the reasons people thought.

First he knew Blaine well enough that the Rachel thing was a joke, part of thát was of course self interest, but the other part was that Blaine had revealed too much of himself that Kurt couldn't buy a sudden conversion. It was how Will and the other kids reacted to Kurts own " trying to act straight" Mellencamp moment. Kurt had already been there and was frustrated with reliving it again with Blaine.

Kurt was rude but in the context of his own limited experiences.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/26/2013, 11:44 am

Buenos wrote:Kurt was rude but in the context of his own limited experiences.
Exactly. I think sometimes viewers forget that in the canon of the show this is still the POV of a youngster, no matter how much RIB try to push their own agendas in the process.

Same goes for Kurt not knowing exactly what or who Wade/Unique was, how he/she identified (and tbh: the show still is not making that very clear). Kurt is not all-knowing about all LGBTQ issues, just because he's gay.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/26/2013, 2:22 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
Buenos wrote:Kurt was rude but in the context of his own limited experiences.
Exactly. I think sometimes viewers forget that in the canon of the show this is still the POV of a youngster, no matter how much RIB try to push their own agendas in the process.

Same goes for Kurt not knowing exactly what or who Wade/Unique was, how he/she identified (and tbh: the show still is not making that very clear). Kurt is not all-knowing about all LGBTQ issues, just because he's gay.

When was the Wade/Unique issue, I remember Kurt was treated as "ignorant" by some people in the fandom, and I thought it was so unfair. And whether he did or not some research when he was struggling with his sexuality, by one side he doesn't have to be informed of the whole LGBT community, at least he`s someone who likes to adquire lots of knowledge, but only on what it concerns him. And in addition, one thing is investigate/read about something, and other thing is deal with it in real life.

As for Blaine situation, it seems viewers forget they're talking about a teenager who at that age believe his opinion is the right one, and sometimes is hard to understand the position of someone else. Besides, Kurt had a crush on Blaine , therefore he had the illusion to had something with him, so if suddenly he confesses"I think I´m Bi", the possibilities of being with him decrease. Because he´s competing not only with boys, but with girls too.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/26/2013, 3:04 pm

I actually had more of a problem with Blaine telling Unique in "The new Rachel " to tone it down and save Unique for performances and be Wade the rest of the time. Once again an insecure teenager but at this it seemed more a suggestion for totally selfish reasons that negated all the struggles his boyfriend had been through in same school.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/26/2013, 3:06 pm

Buenos wrote:I actually had more of a problem with Blaine telling Unique in "The new Rachel " to tone it down and save Unique for performances and be Wade the rest of the time. Once again an insecure teenager but at this it seemed more a suggestion for totally selfish reasons that negated all the struggles his boyfriend had been through.

Hey, you just pointed out a continuity thing on Glee! Blaine likes to tell people to tone it down, and strip away thier individuality. Well done writers for keeping Blaine's undesirable traits consistent nearly two years later!
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/26/2013, 3:18 pm

Oliver fans must watch this:

http://vimeo.com/51208350

He is so handsome and charming.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 3/26/2013, 3:19 pm

Does Fox have a regular Spring Prensentation as well as the August/season start press junket? Didn't they have something in NY last year in April/early May, where Glee cast was present? Or was it just one-off?

I'm just keen on knowing how they have succeeded in the negotiations, the programming should be getting ready by now, right? They had their other shows already pushed out for the medias didn't they...just Glee obscured.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/26/2013, 6:57 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:I think Finn acts a lot of times more realistic than we like to admit. People use words like 'retards', are unintentionally homophobic and also lost because they see no purpose in life after highschool. It was also an interesting idea that he felt inferior compared to Rachel, who had all that talent and drive and most importantly a clear plan. If it is clearly marked as character development, I love it when characters actually make mistakes and get out of it stronger and wiser.

What bothers me is that Finn (also Blaine) is supposed to be the 'hero' and then makes all the mistakes that are sometimes even considered 'okay'. I guess it would be better if they just let him be a normal, insecure, future searching teenager who still has a lot to learn. I also dislike that they had to literally destroy Rachels ambition and drive in order to make Finchel work and for Finn to be the stronger party in the relationship. I never liked Finchel, but Season 3 was truly the end of any sympathy I felt for them. That Rachel would give up NYADA for Finn (and Kurt) and he forced her to get on the train, was one of the biggest fuckery moments of Glee (which means a lot). That scene never should have happened and it would have been more satisfying for Rachel actually leave willingly and put her career and academic future first. Alas, that never happens in Glee verse.

I tend to loathe Finn sometimes, but really only when he's around Rachel. I. Hate. Finchel!!!!! I hate Finchel. I hate Finchel. Did I mention that I hate Finchel? Anyway, Rachel is so bloody weak and spineless where he is concerned, and the relationship is just dysfunctional and unhealthy and TOXIC on both ends. It does awful things to both characters, it turns Rachel into a weak, puddle of Finn-worshipping goo and Finn into a jerk. I see Finn as an anchor who wants to drag Rachel down into the mud, and Rachel is soooo weak and helpless with him, that she'll gladly let him. I don't mind Finn when he's not actively dragging Rachel down, or when he's not moping over his "future wife". I really liked him when he was a Mr. Schue's replacement and I felt proud of him for doing something. I loved when he told Sue to "suck a hot one" and stuck up for his club. I like that Finn. (Cory, on the other hand, is just hysterical. Have you seen his "showface"?!)

I guess Finn does highlight our own inferior feelings within ourselves, which is why he gets on some people's nerves. We all wish we were extremely talented, intelligent, driven, meant for something great...but that is not always the case. Nobody likes to feel worthless.

As for Kurt, I felt he was being very judgemental. I remember his "butch" days, but I don't think this was the same thing with Blaine. Kurt never questioned his sexuality, he just wanted to bond with his father. Blaine, on the other hand, seriously thought he might've been bisexual for a moment and was looking for support from his new friend. Kurt didn't know exactly what Blaine was going through (actually questioning one's sexuality) because he'd always known who he was. I guess it was hard for him to grasp because he'd never been through it himself.

I don't agree with that article about fashion not being a passion of Kurt's. One can have more than one passion, and I think Kurt working in the fashion industry is a perfect fit, just as long as he doesn't give up on performing.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/26/2013, 8:18 pm

General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 8 BGUbuPmCQAAWX_R
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/26/2013, 9:49 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 8 BGUbuPmCQAAWX_R

This's so bittersweet good.

brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/26/2013, 10:37 pm

last scene or last seen? Smile both actually. :(
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/26/2013, 11:08 pm

General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 8 Tumblr_mkaop1alp71ragwwko1_500
General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 8 Tumblr_mkaop1alp71ragwwko2_250General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 8 Tumblr_mkaop1alp71ragwwko3_250General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 8 Tumblr_mkaop1alp71ragwwko4_250
New Stills of Lea Michele and Chris Colfer on set in New York filming & shooting episode 2x22 ‘New York’ of Glee!

#Lea Michele #Glee
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 3/27/2013, 8:31 am

Jellyrolls wrote:General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 8 BGUbuPmCQAAWX_R

baha, so sad but still true!
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/27/2013, 11:02 am

9 Ways “Glee” Got Good Again

Now nearing the end of its fourth season, Glee is actually a lot of fun. posted on March 25, 2013 at 7:18pm EDT
Louis Peitzman BuzzFeed Staff

1. It embraced the camp.
General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 8 Enhanced-buzz-23280-1364249624-4
It's not like Glee hasn't always been silly, but for a while it felt like the heavy issues were taking all of the attention away from the absurd. While Glee can certainly address heavier themes, it's important to remember that this show needs over-the-top ridiculousness too. And what better way to show that than with WHAM! and the Spice Girls.

2. It got a little more adult.
General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 8 Enhanced-buzz-32172-1364249859-13
Yeah, yeah, Rachel and Finn forever. But breaking those two up — along with the other McKinley couples — was a great way to delve into more mature relationships. You know, like when Rachel started dating a prostitute. Honestly, these are the kind of dark soapy plots we've come to expect from Ryan Murphy. Glee works best when it's balancing high school fluff with New York realness.

3. It took a stand.
General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 8 Enhanced-buzz-32159-1364250000-3
One of my problems with Glee being an issues show is the fact that it often refuses to pick a side. This is a show that brings up serious themes and then gets all wishy-washy. That's why I was particularly impressed by the way it handled the Chris Brown controversy, instead of just brushing it under the rug with a half-assed, "Let's focus on the music!" excuse.

4. It found new character pairings.
General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 8 Enhanced-buzz-529-1364250360-12
Kurt and Santana as roommates didn't really make any sense when it first happened — and it still doesn't, really. But it works, and maybe that's all that matters. Glee isn't great at continuity, which is often a mark against it. In this case, though, it allows for the chance to move characters around and see where they fit best, regardless of logic.

5. It got sexually adventurous.
General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 8 Enhanced-buzz-32276-1364250518-5
Speaking of unlikely pairings — Quinn and Santana? Look, Santana's a lesbian, Quinn is open-minded, and there was a lot of alcohol involved. These kids are young and they're free-thinking: Why not let them be a little fluid? It's a lot more interesting than having them paired off in very serious relationships that real teenagers would never be able to handle.

6. It didn't shy away from the uncomfortable.
General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 8 Enhanced-buzz-1954-1364251632-10
See also: Blaine and Sam, who, sadly, aren't having a drunken hookup anytime soon. What I dug about this plot is that it dealt with the very real situation of a young gay kid falling in love with his straight best friend. That's awkward, especially when we're trying to convince straight people that we don't look at them that way. But have you seen Sam's abs? Come on.

7. It made its leads likable again.
General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 8 Enhanced-buzz-547-1364250815-11
Rachel is never going to be an easy person, and that's fine. It's who she is. But at least she's sympathetic again — someone we root for, even when she annoys the hell out of us. For a while, Rachel, Kurt, and Finn felt like our heroes out of obligation. Now that they're really exposing their weaknesses and vulnerabilities, it's nice having them around.

8. It used the adults sparingly.
General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 8 Enhanced-buzz-1866-1364251155-7
Will and Emma shine when there's a lot less Will and Emma. His disappearing act was awkward at first but has helped the show in the long run. Characters like Sue Sylvester benefit from a slight hand, because as great as Jane Lynch is, past seasons have suffered from too much of a good thing. Besides, the McKinley graduates are adults, and that means we don't need as much from the real olds.

9. It gave us better music.

General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 8 Enhanced-buzz-22532-1364251013-19
In particular, more Broadway, which makes sense for characters who are at a theater school in New York. In general, though, the best of this season feels closest to the best of Season 1, and it's been a while since we hit those highs. Strong music choices help, especially when they seem genuine instead of just designed to sell singles. And there's either less Auto-Tune or I'm just getting used to it.

Your Reaction?
buzzfeed
How is it possible they got so many things wrong in only 1 article? ohmy Suspect

1) The camp group numbers are terrible.
2) I wouldn't call a character dating a prostitute a good way to praise the adult relationships on the show.
3) Except they didn't take a stand" they just spewed a lot of words about it, ignored artist they had covered in the past who did questionable things too, and then sang a song from a douchebag celebrity anyway, doing some slut-shaming and victim-blaming along the way.
4) So it doesn't make any sense Kurt and Santana became friends, but that doesn't matter because it works? How about showing that journey and giving them scenes to develop that friendship?
5) Wow, this is actually the only point I agree with. Except that they only did Quinntana for Sweeps and titilation.
6) How praiseworthy,.... if this hadn't happened before in season 1 and it was done in a much better and realistic way the first time around. But who remembers inspirational Kurt and Finn now?
7) I think I like Rachel less now than I did when she was at her most annoying in season 2. NYADA and Brochel really brought the worst out in her. And I say this from a place of caring for Rachel.
And let's not talk about how completely unlikeable Blaine, Sam and many other characters have become over the seasons.
8) Neglecting Will (and Emma, Sue and Beiste) was the worst thing Glee has done, as it took away the anchors of the high school format: students go, but teachers stay. I hated Will at times, but he could have been a good inspirational character if the writers hadn't screwed him over so many times and had paid a little more attention on how thye divided the (competition) songs.
9) Do I even have to comment on thinking they are giving us better music now?
The more Broadway songs statement is a big fat lie.

Oy, whoever wrote this article has sniffed too much glue. blinkk

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 3/27/2013, 11:27 am

Glorfindel wrote:

1) The camp group numbers are terrible.
I find them rather hit/miss most of the time. Some work incredebly well, others fall flat on their faces.
2) I wouldn't call a character dating a prostitute a good way to praise the adult relationships on the show.
3) Except they didn't take a stand" they just spewed a lot of words about it, ignored artist they had covered in the past who did questionable things too, and then sang a song from a douchebag celebrity anyway, doing some slut-shaming and victim-blaming along the way.
4) So it doesn't make any sense Kurt and Santana became friends, but that doesn't matter because it works? How about showing that journey and giving them scenes to develop that friendship?
What development. I still don't like Santana and while NAya and Chris work great together, that ani't gonna chage this late in the game.
5) Wow, this is actually the only point I agree with. Except that they only did Quinntana for Sweeps and titilation.
That was about ratings and nothing else. So i'm not gonna treat it like it was.
6) How praiseworthy,.... if this hadn't happened before in season 1 and it was done in a much better and realistic way the first time around. But who remembers inspirational Kurt and Finn now?
That was problematic. I think most of the audience viewed Kurt far more threateningly then Blaine in this situation, not to mention that Sam was so passe about the whole thing - which is kind of against the fact that he liked that Blaine was bro, not a guy who liked him. But whatever, because it's obvious they framed the whole thing to be cute and cuddly, and not actually dramatically relevant like before.
7) I think I like Rachel less now than I did when she was at her most annoying in season 2. NYADA and Brochel really brought the worst out in her. And I say this from a place of caring for Rachel.
And let's not talk about how completely unlikeable Blaine, Sam and many other characters have become over the seasons.
I agree. The entitlement that Rachel had (especially in the first episodes with Cassy) was insufferable. As for Blaine, he is still not a real character to me. Gary-Stu all the way.
8) Neglecting Will (and Emma, Sue and Beiste) was the worst thing Glee has done, as it took away the anchors of the high school format: students go, but teachers stay. I hated Will at times, but he could have been a good inspirational character if the writers hadn't screwed him over so many times and had paid a little more attention on how thye divided the (competition) songs.
Honestly, I doubt anyone (myself included) really cares about Sue, Will, Emma, Beiste anymore. That ship sailed back in season 2 and no matter the trying, it's over.
9) Do I even have to comment on thinking they are giving us better music now?
The more Broadway songs statement is a big fat lie.
This year had the biggest pile of shit as far as music in concerned.

Oy, whoever wrote this article has sniffed too much glue. blinkk

tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 3/27/2013, 11:49 am

Wow, some people got paid right? Better music? Since when? More Broadway? I must have gone deaf...

The group numbers are just sloppy now, the guys strut around doing whatever they want to and don't have to work on a choregraphy anymore.

More adult? Except when everything is told and not shown, and when Rachel swoons over Finn "defending her honor" (euuuurk)

Praiseworthy friendship? What a passing-at-straight-gay man is friends with a guy? How about thinking out of the box and have an effeminate character be friends with a stright guy? And the fact that it "dealt with the very real situation of a young gay kid falling in love with his straight best friend" had already been kinda done in S1. Unlike, this time, the guy in question wasn't called poison or insulted in his house.

Leads likeable again? Rachel's character deconstruction is horrendous. Plus, can you call her, Finn and Kurt leads anymore when they are granted 10 mere minutes per episode or down right not featured at all?

Used the adults sparingly => the adults were very present in S1 and that didn't prevent it from being far better than S4, on the contrary. Mr Schue wasn't a joke, Sue was still funny, Emma didn't make stupid decisions only for drama, and Figgins was always really fun. Plus they gave an "adult" tone to the show that was completely lost to the profit of tennage love triangles, a subject that has been rehashed so much that it is now completely boring.

Glee is merely entertaining now, and appreciable only if you casually watch. If you start looking at its sexism, inconsistencies and complete lack of character development, it is at best average, and sometime downright bad.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/27/2013, 12:30 pm

i don't even think glee is entertaining anymore. I have to obligatorily hate-watch parts of it because of one young man puts an invisible gun next to my head.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next