Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

+28
sahhar
TimF
AnneNeville
colfhummel
rooszie
Delight
SippyCupofLuv
tanita_mors
Buenos
Ireth
coxfire
arina
ChrisColferFan1
Lottie2303
opals
Ranwing
Divalicious
glimmerle
Jellyrolls
valkeakuulas
brisallie
MoviesAreLife
Glorfindel
sheny
ColferGirl
ColferInspired
bayth
fantastica
32 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 11 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

Post  fantastica 3/31/2013, 4:00 pm

we know the original 5 or 6 or something were definitely misfits. but then they added all the popular kids from cheerios and football teams. ok they still had colorful personalities but now, what do we have? gorgious attractive performers. ok so Unique is kind of "unique" simply because he's transgender. if you take his female persona he's more or less a copy of Mercedes. what about Marley - this girl is beautiful, slim (normal slim, not concentration-camp skinny mind you) and sings nice. She also has a outward pleasant and friendly personality. why is she an outcast? is Lima a town for millionaires? otherwise why is it such a big deal for something whose family is poor? being poor alone maybe a disadvantage socially if all the kids in school are from snobby rich families, but this is usually the case in private schools (like Dalton), not public schools. And in hte US, public school attendance is based on your home location. If MKH is located in a very rich district Marley's mom will never be able to afford living there, and her daughter won't be able to attend this school. Now those new boys - good looking is an under statement. How many high school boys have such well developed bodies? Anyone w/ such good looks are outcasts? I mean it's not like they all have horrible personalities - none of them get into fights w people routinely. None of them have apparent psychological or mental issues. they all seem like cheerful people who work well in a teams. I say they are not only not "misfits" but "cream of hte crops" in a real high school. that's the why the current crop of kids don't give us the impression of being losers, and are in fact real life versions of Ken and Barbie and their attractive friends. They are great for little girls to do their fantasy play with, but bad for many of us adults to enjoy as an artistic body of work.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 11 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

Post  SippyCupofLuv 3/31/2013, 4:14 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:I consider Kurt one of the leads, and I still consider him an outcast, at least in season three. His storyline was brutal in S3 because of it, with him constantly getting pissed on by the writers. I'd say that Rachel started off season four as an outcast as well.

I think we have a bit of miscommunication going on neutre . Most Season 1 character were and remain outcasts throughout the seasons. They were also unique by representing kids you normally do not see in HW (kid in wheelchair, Asian goth girl etc.).

But I am talking about the new characters from S2 to S4. None of those characters really fit the bill of misfits. Even if presented as such, Sam is still an incredible good looking, funny guy. Blaine is the cool bro who is 'allowed' to be gay without any social suicide. They don't have the same struggles as the S1 characters. Season 4 is even more obvious as MK seems to love Glee club now and none of the members are treated differently.

Ironically, the only actual misfit they've added in S4 is ADAM. Except he's for the NY part of the show (which further proves your point.) He's very much in the same tone as S1.

Which I think is a lot of why he seems to connect so perfectly and effortlessly with Kurt (both character-dynamically with Kurt himself and thematically), and is connecting so well with so many fans, even Klainers.

SippyCupofLuv
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 3/31/2013, 4:15 pm

fantastica wrote:we know the original 5 or 6 or something were definitely misfits. but then they added all the popular kids from cheerios and football teams. ok they still had colorful personalities but now, what do we have? gorgious attractive performers. ok so Unique is kind of "unique" simply because he's transgender. if you take his female persona he's more or less a copy of Mercedes. what about Marley - this girl is beautiful, slim (normal slim, not concentration-camp skinny mind you) and sings nice. She also has a outward pleasant and friendly personality. why is she an outcast? is Lima a town for millionaires? otherwise why is it such a big deal for something whose family is poor? being poor alone maybe a disadvantage socially if all the kids in school are from snobby rich families, but this is usually the case in private schools (like Dalton), not public schools. And in hte US, public school attendance is based on your home location. If MKH is located in a very rich district Marley's mom will never be able to afford living there, and her daughter won't be able to attend this school. Now those new boys - good looking is an under statement. How many high school boys have such well developed bodies? Anyone w/ such good looks are outcasts? I mean it's not like they all have horrible personalities - none of them get into fights w people routinely. None of them have apparent psychological or mental issues. they all seem like cheerful people who work well in a teams. I say they are not only not "misfits" but "cream of hte crops" in a real high school. that's the why the current crop of kids don't give us the impression of being losers, and are in fact real life versions of Ken and Barbie and their attractive friends. They are great for little girls to do their fantasy play with, but bad for many of us adults to enjoy as an artistic body of work.

Exactly! Yet another reason for the decreasing ratings. The problems of Glee are not that hard to figure out. I wonder why RIB seem so oblivious and non-relenting to fix those problems.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/31/2013, 4:40 pm

What about Kitty? Yes, I know she's popular and a cheerleader, but she's very polarizing. Brittany even said that no one actually likes her because of her awful personality. Fear her? Yes. But she's trying to change, suggesting that she's not happy with being so loathed and such an awful human being. What if the Glee writers dove into her psyche and explained why she was the way she was? That could be interesting. I know that Becca is a strong comedy actress, and I'd love to see some drama from her. It's lonely at the top, but if her safety net of being a Cheerio were ever to go away for some reason, or if she ever were to topple from the top of the metaphoric pyramid like what happened to Quinn because of her pregnancy or what was supposed to happen with Santana over her sexuality (RIB really chickened out there), I can see things just being brutal for her. What goes around comes around.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/31/2013, 5:04 pm

kitty gets no development. the show has 44 minutes each week which devotes half the stories to blaine's "plots" and his 2-3 songs per week mandate plus brittany and sam and jake and marley/ryder triangle and some NY stuff and Jane the Emmy winner needs something here and there and Matt and Jayma... so nobody gets any real development. what about Kitty? i don't know her and i don't care. it's not like she grows fur or something.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/31/2013, 5:50 pm

I don't like her either, but it's nice to see some development. I like to see characters like her humanized a little bit. I don't really like Quinn and Santana either, but I do appreciate the fact that they are not one demensional bitches anymore.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/31/2013, 11:02 pm

If anyone is interested, there is a campaign to try to get Kadam Matters trending at 8:00 p.m est on Thursday, April 4th. You can read about it here:

http://onthaedge.tumblr.com/post/46805676808/attention-kadamers-we-will-be-trending-kadam
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/31/2013, 11:47 pm

I hope this happens!

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 4/1/2013, 3:29 am

arina wrote:I remember during season 1 there were a lot of comparing with High School Musical, the Glee people were kinda laughing about it because except being it about high school students and singing, it was totally different. Glee was rather a satira, didn't take itself too seriously, the characters were quirky, edgy and original and not your typical barbie and ken kind of characters... (I remember even Chris compared it years ago claiming that Glee was also much relastic illustration of highschool)... even though it was situated in highshool, it was mature and clever and it for people of varied ages unlike HSM who was mostly for teenagers. So it's interesting with time Glee has kinda turned out in the the HSM - the movie they refused (and hated) to be compare with in the beginning. But really, I don't see that much difference nowadays...

Cory once described Glee this way: 'This is like High School Musical, if it's been punched in the stomach and had its lunch money stolen.'

Feeling nostalgic for old Glee. Hence, I'm posting this old tribute video.

crycry
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/1/2013, 10:19 am

Sad news about Cory. He's checked himself into rehab for his ongoing substance abuse issues. I knew that he had some pretty severe issues when he was younger, so it's not a huge surprise for them to become a problem again. What is good is that he checked himself into rehab, which means that he's recognized his problem and this is something that he's trying to get a handle on himself before he gets too out of hand and ends up in the hospital an/or prison. Recognizing that you have an addiction issue is so important for making progress.

Wishing him a fast and lasting recovery.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/1/2013, 4:04 pm

#KadamMatters sounds like a great idea, but I won't get up in the middle of the night to participate. But I really hope it will trend!
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/2/2013, 2:22 pm

Look! I'm the co-head of the Adam Crawford Appreciation Society!

Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 4/2/2013, 4:29 pm

You have been an excellent cheerleader for both Kurt and Adam. And not an exploding ovary to be seen.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/2/2013, 5:46 pm

Wow, that's great Karen!
If I were you I would somehow integrate that title in your avatar or signature. fanny2
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/2/2013, 7:02 pm

Divalicious wrote:You have been an excellent cheerleader for both Kurt and Adam. And not an exploding ovary to be seen.

I'm too old to have exploding ovaries for either Chris or Ollie. LOL.

Glorfindel wrote:Wow, that's great Karen!
If I were you I would somehow integrate that title in your avatar or signature. fanny2

I put in there just for you, Marie Wink
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/2/2013, 7:34 pm

^Good girl. suure

And we're never too old to have exploding ovaries for Chris or Oliver. ooppss

OMG: what did I just say? ohmy That must be painful, lol.
(I actually hate that expression, and certainly the gifs that usually come with it.)
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/3/2013, 1:34 am

Jellyrolls wrote:Look! I'm the co-head of the Adam Crawford Appreciation Society!

Congrats! Smile

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 4/3/2013, 5:57 am

Cory Monteith's Rehab Stint: How Glee Will Handle Finn's Storyline

Cory Monteith announced that he was checking into rehab for substance abuse earlier this week, which means taking a step towards recovery, and away from Glee, the show that made him famous.

Glee sources tell us that Finn (Monteith’s character) would have been in the final two episodes of the season had he not checked into rehab, which means storylines now have to be changed. We hear the writers are finding an organic way to handle his absence, as when his character joined the army at the beginning of season four.
Spoiler:

“Most of the cast didn’t know there was any problem and many of them are surprised,” a show source says. “Everyone seems to support his decision to get help and to not delay it.”

As for his relationship with costar Lea Michele, they are “as strong as ever,” according to another source close to production. “There haven’t been any hints of trouble.”

Monteith has been has struggled with drugs in the past. In an interview with Parade, the Glee star admitted that he had a “serious problem” as a teen, and that when he quit at age 16 he was “lucky to be alive.”

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/3/2013, 8:48 am

Jellyrolls wrote:Look! I'm the co-head of the Adam Crawford Appreciation Society!

Congrats neutre you must feel honored.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/3/2013, 9:37 am

brisallie wrote:

Congrats neutre you must feel honored.

I actually think it's pretty hysterical.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/3/2013, 9:46 am

sheny wrote:

Cory Monteith's Rehab Stint: How Glee Will Handle Finn's Storyline

Cory Monteith announced that he was checking into rehab for substance abuse earlier this week, which means taking a step towards recovery, and away from Glee, the show that made him famous.

Glee sources tell us that Finn (Monteith’s character) would have been in the final two episodes of the season had he not checked into rehab, which means storylines now have to be changed. We hear the writers are finding an organic way to handle his absence, as when his character joined the army at the beginning of season four.
Spoiler:

“Most of the cast didn’t know there was any problem and many of them are surprised,” a show source says. “Everyone seems to support his decision to get help and to not delay it.”

As for his relationship with costar Lea Michele, they are “as strong as ever,” according to another source close to production. “There haven’t been any hints of trouble.”

Monteith has been has struggled with drugs in the past. In an interview with Parade, the Glee star admitted that he had a “serious problem” as a teen, and that when he quit at age 16 he was “lucky to be alive.”

I really have to respect Cory for taking this step. I hope that he wasn't at rock bottom this time, and just saw himself slipping, and needed a tune-up (for the lack of a better way of describing it). The fact that most of the cast didn't know there was a problem, and were surprised by it makes me think that he wasn't completely out of control.

I really hope and pray that he gets the help he needs, and has the strength within himself, guided by the support of Lea and his family and friends, to beat this addiction again. I'm praying for him to recover. I've always really liked Cory--he seems like such a sweetheart in his interviews--and I hope that he can get healthy and enjoy his life and career.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/4/2013, 7:07 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:If anyone is interested, there is a campaign to try to get Kadam Matters trending at 8:00 p.m est on Thursday, April 4th. You can read about it here:

http://onthaedge.tumblr.com/post/46805676808/attention-kadamers-we-will-be-trending-kadam

Reminder: If anyone is interested, we are going to be tweeting Kadam Mattes in about two hours.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/4/2013, 8:21 pm

Good luck!

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/4/2013, 10:32 pm

We didn't trend Kadam Matters but Ryan tweeted a spoiler picture while we were tweeting. Hopefully he was looking at his @ replies and saw our tweets.

Also, Oliver acknowledged it:

Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/4/2013, 10:39 pm

That's sweet. Oliver knows Kadam fans have his back against the hate he gets.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next