Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 10

+31
BlueJazz
azure
sjonnepon
msjoanlucette
ecka
coxfire
Ireth
Adamina
opals
Piciollina
ladydianab
sahhar
MissSoniaPP
M&M
Divalicious
brisallie
tanita_mors
glimmerle
arina
Delight
Glorfindel
Ranwing
ColferInspired
Jellyrolls
MoviesAreLife
bayth
ChrisColferFan1
fantastica
ColferGirl
valkeakuulas
sheny
35 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 10 - Page 25 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 10

Post  fantastica 2/27/2013, 4:54 pm

i have no idea what song is that but i don't like any of Spice Girl's songs.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 10 - Page 25 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 10

Post  tanita_mors 2/27/2013, 4:58 pm

me neither. i was more of a backstreets boys kind a gal fanny2 (back when i was 12-13 yo), before metallica, linkin park and guano apes came into my life.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/27/2013, 5:25 pm

I never liked the Spice Girls songs either, but 'Wannabe' is about as bad as they come, and that is saying something.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/27/2013, 5:26 pm

Are they supposed to do a Backstreet Boys or N'Sync song soon?

Also, can't wait for the interview! The more Chris, the merrier!

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/27/2013, 5:43 pm

yes, will and finn are doing a mashup of byebyebye and some other song that i don't remember.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/27/2013, 5:47 pm

Well, that is a blast from the past.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sjonnepon 2/27/2013, 6:24 pm

fantastica wrote:yes, will and finn are doing a mashup of byebyebye and some other song that i don't remember.

i want it that way
sjonnepon
sjonnepon
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/27/2013, 6:41 pm

Oh, God. I remember all of these. N'Sync, Backstreet Boys, Britney Spears, Spice Girls, Hanson Brothers...yes, I grew up on crappy music! Wink

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 2/27/2013, 7:53 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
And of all the Spice Girls songs they pick 'Wannabe'. vomir

But the song is SUPPOSED to be bad. It's supposed to be a "guilty pleasure" song, something you know objectively is stupid or horrible but you happen to love it anyway. (Some could say Glee itself is a guilty pleasure phr34r )

Anyway, I'm just trying to say that I think the writers are making a point of choosing crappy songs in the Guilty Pleasures episode, which is why they purposefully chose Wannabe. Same for them (most likely) picking We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together from Taylor Swift's catalogue, when she has much much better songs they could have chosen. Of course, for those who think all the song choices this season are crappy, they don't have an excuse for the others.

I'm the exact demographic the Glee writers are targeting, so I know nearly all the songs this season. It may seem like there's a lot of new and Top 40 songs, but there's actually been quite a few from the 90s and classics and not-so-new (or obscure) songs as well, still some Broadway, there's a balance. At least in my eyes, so I like a lot of the songs this year. But I'm very easy to please musically - my only wish is more Kurt songs, of course. neutre
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/27/2013, 8:06 pm

ColferGirl wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
And of all the Spice Girls songs they pick 'Wannabe'. vomir

But the song is SUPPOSED to be bad. It's supposed to be a "guilty pleasure" song, something you know objectively is stupid or horrible but you happen to love it anyway. (Some could say Glee itself is a guilty pleasure phr34r )

Anyway, I'm just trying to say that I think the writers are making a point of choosing crappy songs in the Guilty Pleasures episode, which is why they purposefully chose Wannabe. Same for them (most likely) picking We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together from Taylor Swift's catalogue, when she has much much better songs they could have chosen. Of course, for those who think all the song choices this season are crappy, they don't have an excuse for the others.

I'm the exact demographic the Glee writers are targeting, so I know nearly all the songs this season. It may seem like there's a lot of new and Top 40 songs, but there's actually been quite a few from the 90s and classics and not-so-new (or obscure) songs as well, still some Broadway, there's a balance. At least in my eyes, so I like a lot of the songs this year. But I'm very easy to please musically - my only wish is more Kurt songs, of course. neutre

Ew. I HATE that song! It's so whiny, nasal, annoying and repeats itself too much!

Personally, I love the mix of Glee's songs. The Top 40, the classic film songs, the older songs from the 90's, the Broadway numbers...it's a wild, mixed bag of things that shouldn't work together. But I like it. It appeals to so many different demographics.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/27/2013, 9:34 pm

"Guilty Pleasures" Synopsis

AIR DATE: 21-Mar-2013 (T)

CONCEPT: It’s a week of confessions as the gleeks come clean about their deepest (if not darkest) guilty pleasures.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 2/27/2013, 10:50 pm

fantastica wrote:
"Guilty Pleasures" Synopsis

AIR DATE: 21-Mar-2013 (T)

CONCEPT: It’s a week of confessions as the gleeks come clean about their deepest (if not darkest) guilty pleasures.

Wow. I almost fell asleep reading that synopsis. Keep shooting for the stars Glee.

Also, I think the interview portion with Chris for channel 10 may be the stuff that was filmed near the beginning of the year in the apartment. If I can find a link to any section of the interviews, I will try to post.
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 2/28/2013, 12:23 am

ColferGirl wrote:GOBR just revealed that the ND girls - Tina, Marley, Kitty, Brittany, and Unique - are all going to sing "Wannabe" by the Spice Girls in 4x17. neutre

Um... I actually really liked 'Wannabe' when it first came out. It was one of the first music videos I've ever watched, and its catchy tune easily got stuck in my head.

Oh yes, my musical taste is questionable, no doubt about that. ooppss

ColferGirl wrote:Anyway, I'm just trying to say that I think the writers are making a point of choosing crappy songs in the Guilty Pleasures episode, which is why they purposefully chose Wannabe. Same for them (most likely) picking We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together from Taylor Swift's catalogue, when she has much much better songs they could have chosen. Of course, for those who think all the song choices this season are crappy, they don't have an excuse for the others.

A similar case is when they chose 'Let's Have a Kiki' out of the Scissor Sisters' catalogue. It ranks right up there with 'Gangnam Style' in terms of WTF song choices on Glee.

Speaking of 'We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together', I wonder who is singing that song to who? Ever since I heard this song on radio, I've daydreamed about Kurt singing it to his ex-bf, but have accepted that it wouldn't come to pass (alas).
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/28/2013, 12:30 am

Delight wrote:
A similar case is when they chose 'Let's Have a Kiki' out of the Scissor Sisters' catalogue.

And yet, in the context of the scene in "Thanksgiving", I thought "Let's have a Kiki" worked.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 2/28/2013, 4:13 am

^ I have to admit that I enjoyed watching the Let's Have a Kiki performance, because it's so wacky and Chris looks like he's having tremendous fun. And yes, I have no complaints about its context too.

I was just a bit disappointed when after hearing the initial spoilers that Chris gets to sing a Scissors Sisters song (and I'm prematurely imagining how he'll sound in something like 'Fire with Fire' etc), the song Glee chose ended up being one where there's not even much singing involved.

Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/28/2013, 4:44 am

Let's Have a Kiki was a fun number. They need more fun numbers.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 2/28/2013, 4:50 am

Delight wrote:^ I have to admit that I enjoyed watching the Let's Have a Kiki performance, because it's so wacky and Chris looks like he's having tremendous fun. And yes, I have no complaints about its context too.

I was just a bit disappointed when after hearing the initial spoilers that Chris gets to sing a Scissors Sisters song (and I'm prematurely imagining how he'll sound in something like 'Fire with Fire' etc), the song Glee chose ended up being one where there's not even much singing involved.
I am the same, I was disappointed too because I think Chris has a great voice for Scissor Sisters songs and I would love to hear something like Fire with Fire from him (I have been wanting it for a long time - maybe we should start campaign? fanny2 , if Klainers can get Come What May why cannot we get songs we would like to hear as well) but Kiki was fun number.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/28/2013, 6:13 am

I would kill to hear Chris sing some rock.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 2/28/2013, 7:05 am

MoviesAreLife wrote:I would kill to hear Chris sing some rock.

I would kill to hear Rock on Glee, period.
There were too few rock artists they covered: The Beatles, the Stones, Van Halen, Alice Cooper, No Doubt, Queen, REM and U2 come to my mind, but I would love to hear more British poprock from the 90's (Oasis, Blur, Radiohead, Pulp, PJ Harvey, Björk, Skunk Anansie, Garbage...) or later, like Muse (Chris on Muse would be great Feeling Good could be a good Glee song), Placebo, the Arctic Monkeys, etc. Maybe the singing doesn't require fantastic vocals, but songs like Gangnam Style or call me maybe don't either.
I have however given up on hearing any of my beloved rock artists on Glee. I feel like that these artists, as much as I love them, aren't prompt to sell their rights to Glee, and that they might be too obscure in the US to be interesting in terms of sellings.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/28/2013, 7:16 am

I like your choices. I personally have a thing for 80's rock...basically, everything in the musical "Rock of Ages". Wink I know they've done a tiny bit of rock on Glee, but I'd love to see more...I enjoy it. It takes a strong voice to pull rock off, I think. Out of the guys, I think Kevin would sound the best. Out of the girls, I think Naya would. And again, I'd love to see Chris put a little more edge and grit into his vocals like I know he can (Black or White, anyone?) Wink

A great song for Artie (Kevin) would be "The Best I Can" by Queensryche. A powerful and inspirational song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHlAh_Jhd6A

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 2/28/2013, 11:07 am

arina wrote:
I am the same, I was disappointed too because I think Chris has a great voice for Scissor Sisters songs and I would love to hear something like Fire with Fire from him (I have been wanting it for a long time - maybe we should start campaign? fanny2 , if Klainers can get Come What May why cannot we get songs we would like to hear as well) but Kiki was fun number.

banzai Yes, I think we should! I've been wanting him to sing some non-Broadway/ballad songs for some time ! #GleeShouldTrySomethingNew

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/28/2013, 11:16 am

If they make Kurt go back to Blaine, but keep Adam around, I'd love to have Adam sing "You Don't Know Me":

Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 2/28/2013, 11:50 am

Glee Spoilers: Old Rachel’s Return, Santana’s Quest for Stardom and Big Plans for Graduation

There’s no new episode of Glee airing Thursday night, but behind the scenes, Feb. 28 is a big day for the Fox musical comedy.

“I actually have a meeting tomorrow morning at 11 where I have to pitch out not only the end of this year but the next year,” co-creator and executive producer Ryan Murphy told TVGuide.com Wednesday at a Paley Center event honoring his work. “I think what I want to do — and I hope it is liked by the other people who control my paychecks — is… something that we’ve never done before. So, a different kind of storytelling — not what you would think.

“I didn’t want to do something that we’ve done every year,” Murphy continued. “I wanted to do something that was a little longer, sort of novelistic in the storytelling, [with] a couple good cliff-hangers.”

What exactly Murphy has planned for the end of the year, and specifically for this year’s graduating seniors, is anyone’s guess. “I don’t know if he will graduate,” Chord Overstreet said of Sam’s future following his less-than-stellar SAT scores. “That hasn’t come up once, so nobody really knows what the game plan is about all that.”

Jenna Ushkowitz sounded a little more confident about Tina’s future beyond the halls of McKinley High. “It’s a little scary because last year graduation for them meant goodbye, but I’m excited,” she said. “I think it will open new doors for Tina and I think that she’s had a really good senior year.”

But before the New Directions’ seniors turn their tassels and leave Lima for good, there’s plenty of drama and big musical numbers ahead. Murphy and the cast revealed what else is coming up this season:

Buh-bye Rachel 2.0? Murphy was tight-lipped about Rachel’s (Lea Michele) baby bombshell at the end of the last episode, but said the shocking news will serve as a wake-up call of sorts. “For me, I was really interested in that idea of the single girl in New York trying to figure it out and I wanted something that would jolt her, good or bad, back to her core,” Murphy said. “She and Santana have a really big story about that where Santana is like, ‘What the hell happened to you?’ which I think happens to a lot of people right out of high school. They waver from their dream a little bit and Santana’s job is to sort of get her back on the right track.”

No NYADA for Santana. Now that she’s officially in the Big Apple, what will be Santana’s (Naya Rivera) path to fame and fortune as a performer? One thing is for sure: She won’t be taking dance classes from Cassandra July (Kate Hudson) anytime soon. “I think she’s going to try to be a star in a different way. I don’t see her as a NYADA gal, but I do see her being a star,” Murphy said. “I think she’s much rougher and more facile than the others, but she will do very well there.”

A new love interest for Tina? After pining away for the very clearly gay Blaine (Darren Criss) in the last few episodes, Tina will finally loosen her grip on Kurt’s ex, at least a little. “He’s going to help her find a boyfriend,” Ushkowitz said. “We haven’t really gotten into that story line yet, but it’s sort of gone away from Tina literally straddling Blaine.”

More new glee club teachers! When Mr. Schue is unable to lead the New Directions — again — it won’t be Finn (Cory Monteith) filling his spot in the choir room. “[Sam and Blaine] take over the glee club and start teaching because Mr. Schue goes out with the flu. We kind of take a week to just have fun,” Overstreet said. Let’s just hope that Sam and Blaine aren’t also forced to wear those drab vests and button-up shirts.
dryy Ughh these two again Evil or Very Mad
New Directions will spice it up in a big way. As first revealed by Murphy via Twitter earlier this week, the show will be doing a Spice Girls number with specific members of the New Directions playing the different personalities. “[Tina’s] spice is not the one that you’d expect of her,” Ushkowitz teased.

Glee airs Thursdays at 9/8c on Fox. What do you want to see happen at graduation? Which seniors should head to New York?
TV Guide

Last edited by sheny on 2/28/2013, 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/28/2013, 12:00 pm

sheny wrote:
“More new glee club teachers! When Mr. Schue is unable to lead the New Directions — again — it won’t be Finn (Cory Monteith) filling his spot in the choir room. “[Sam and Blaine] take over the glee club and start teaching because Mr. Schue goes out with the flu. We kind of take a week to just have fun,” Overstreet said. Let’s just hope that Sam and Blaine aren’t also forced to wear those drab vests and button-up shirts.”
— TV Guide

dryy Ughh these two again Evil or Very Mad

Remember when Rachel tried to take over the Glee Club when Mr. Schue was sick in season 2? Appearantly the writers forgot. Seriously. Ugh.

And I hope Blaine does wear the vests and button up shirts. It would be an improvement over his current clothing.

What a worthless storyline.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 2/28/2013, 1:10 pm

And nothing for Kurt... why am I not surprised? beam
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next