Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6

+32
ladydianab
BlueJazz
bayth
sjonnepon
Dame Loli
emilynna
MissSoniaPP
brisallie
sheny
coxfire
opals
glimmerle
arina
valkeakuulas
CloveGlee
Ireth
Delight
tanita_mors
Glorfindel
Catt24
Divalicious
ColferGirl
sahhar
M&M
Ranwing
zuppid
fantastica
Buenos
ChrisColferFan1
ColferInspired
MoviesAreLife
Jellyrolls
36 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 2 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6

Post  Jellyrolls 1/26/2013, 12:59 pm

I'm glad that Ryan chose to respond to my tweet out of all of the tweets about Adam. It's been interesting seeing all of the tweets from the people responding. There is lot of Adam support out there, and the reasoning behind the Adam dislike, as we all knew, is that he is Blaine's competition. Some of them have been tweeting me that Joey and Tessa are the only good part of the apples. So yeah, we know where some people's loyalties lie.

I will have to say is that one thing that has been refreshing is to see some people who have said that they were expecting to hate Adam and they were for Klaine all the way. But when they saw Adam they liked him, and they want to see what happens between them.

I really hope that Ryan and the writers keep Adam around for a while. I think he's a good thing for the show. It can't be interesting for the writers or the actors to give into the Blainers and Klainers who favor Blaine all the time.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 2 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6

Post  M&M 1/26/2013, 1:51 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:I'm glad that Ryan chose to respond to my tweet out of all of the tweets about Adam. It's been interesting seeing all of the tweets from the people responding. There is lot of Adam support out there, and the reasoning behind the Adam dislike, as we all knew, is that he is Blaine's competition. Some of them have been tweeting me that Joey and Tessa are the only good part of the apples. So yeah, we know where some people's loyalties lie.

I will have to say is that one thing that has been refreshing is to see some people who have said that they were expecting to hate Adam and they were for Klaine all the way. But when they saw Adam they liked him, and they want to see what happens between them.

I really hope that Ryan and the writers keep Adam around for a while. I think he's a good thing for the show. It can't be interesting for the writers or the actors to give into the Blainers and Klainers who favor Blaine all the time.

I was so excited when I saw your tweet yesterday Smile Ditto on all of this, but I have a hard time trusting RM anymore. I keep thinking he is messing with the Klainers and is sick of them, but then I realize its Glee and I should always expect the worst.

Fact is, Chris and Oliver had great chemistry on screen. Adam has generated some buzz, and there has been a ton of tweets, good and bad, about him. Klainers are watching and will remain watching even if it is to send hate about Adam. RM knows he has them.
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 1/26/2013, 3:39 pm

M&M wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:I'm glad that Ryan chose to respond to my tweet out of all of the tweets about Adam. It's been interesting seeing all of the tweets from the people responding. There is lot of Adam support out there, and the reasoning behind the Adam dislike, as we all knew, is that he is Blaine's competition. Some of them have been tweeting me that Joey and Tessa are the only good part of the apples. So yeah, we know where some people's loyalties lie.

I was so excited when I saw your tweet yesterday Smile Ditto on all of this, but I have a hard time trusting RM anymore. I keep thinking he is messing with the Klainers and is sick of them, but then I realize its Glee and I should always expect the worst.

Fact is, Chris and Oliver had great chemistry on screen. Adam has generated some buzz, and there has been a ton of tweets, good and bad, about him. Klainers are watching and will remain watching even if it is to send hate about Adam. RM knows he has them.

Preach. I was so happy to see Ryan reply to Karen's tweet!. I also tweeted him yesterday letting him know I liked Adam and Kurt's chemistry, so glad to see there are people who liked Adam, and I also noticed just like you that a lot of Klainers (to my absolute surprise) were conflicted because they ship Klaine but also really like Adam and Kadam Smile . I really hope Ryan and Co pursue this storyline.

On the topic of Klainers, I wholeheartedly agree. A lot of them (maybe not all) are Darren fans, and as long as Darren (and Chris, for fans of both) are both on the show, Klainers will NEVER stop watching the show. Never, because they'll always want to see what happens next Smile . So Ryan really shouldn't worry about Klainers tuning off Glee, as long as their favorite actors/characters are on Glee, ex-boyfriends Klaine or not, they will continue watching.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 1/26/2013, 4:12 pm

Just so everyone knows, thanks to Karen getting Ryan's attention, we're (our forum) is getting some negative comments on tumblr. *shrugs* Most of it is just some Klaine fans saying that the posters here are going to keep tweeting to Ryan about wanting Kadam "even though we decided this before he ever appeared on the show" and encouraging other Klainers to tweet as much as possible about wanting Adam to be a friend, not a boyfriend.

We'll never ever beat the Klainers in a tweeting war because there's so many of them and a lot of them are young with tons of time on their hands. But I don't think we have to tweet more than them, just as long as we steadily do keep tweeting our own positive opinions about Adam and wanting him and Kurt to have a romantic relationship (and whatever else we want for Kurt, solos etc). We just have to have our voices heard, they don't have to be loudest or most often. And Ryan is definitely hearing us. So just keep it up, slowly and steadily, I think. hapitgh For example, there's thousands more Finchel fans than Brochel fans and they trend topics all the time, but Brochel is still going strong and lasting all season so far. Ryan doesn't always let the intense shippers get their way, at least not immediately.

As for us deciding to like Kadam before this week's episode even aired....the hypocrisy just makes me laugh. Because I know there were fan forums and fanfic and the like about Kurt and Blaine before Never Been Kissed ever aired. Same with TONS of fic and fanart about Blaine and Cooper before he ever even appeared, and Rachel and Brody, and Kurt and Sam, etc. etc. So that criticism is ridiculous and hypocritical. Especially now that a lot of us really do genuinely love Adam, after we've seen him, so things have changed now - we like him not just for the possibility anymore but because we truly love him and Kurt together.

Kinda off topic but - does it strike anyone else as a little odd that we have like, 150 registered posters here but only about 20 of us post regularly? Who are the rest of these people? Lurkers that are too shy (or don't have enough time) to post, so they just read? Or are some of them spies? blinkk And yes Glee fandom is absolutely immature enough to have spies.
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 1/26/2013, 5:19 pm

What can I say? These little kids need to grow up and realize that "first loves" and high school romances never last anymore...that they are not meant to last forever in today's more realistic society. I don't care that Blaine is their perfect gay Ken...the fact is is that, not only has he hurt Kurt, but Kurt has outgrown him (literally moque ) emotionally and maturity wise. It's time for Kurt to move on from this boyish romance into something more adult and with more substance. They need to get over themselves and their Blaine worship. Kurt's life does not need to revolve around Blaine. Adam is SO much better for him in all ways and if they don't like that fact, well, tough shit. It is what it is. If they truly cared about Kurt, they'd want what's best for him...all of this selfish,immature whining makes it clear who they are really a fan of. Fine. Let them be Blaine fans...but leave Kurt alone. They need to understand that there is no such thing as an "endgame" in real life...if the show wants to go for a shred of reality, it would reflect this fact. This endgame that they keep pushing is only going to damage Kurt in the end.

As for all of the inactive members, I was a lurker for nine months before I worked up the courage to join and post. The fact is is that you don't have to be a member in order to "spy", seeing as I was enjoying this site daily without any of you ever knowing I was there. Luckily, I'm not a spy, just a Chris fan. Smile But I have no doubt that there are indeed spies with less than good intentions: Klaine shippers, Blainers, maybe even Chris haters. The majority of the "guests" are probably just like me: Chris fans who are maybe too shy to join? But there are less honorable lurkers out there, I'm sure. In order to shut them out, the board can be made private to where only logged in members can see what goes on. I'm aware that some other boards have already done this in order to keep out a creepy stalker (you all know who I'm talking about). And hey, if I can join after nine months, then I'm sure all of the legit Chris fans can as well.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 1/26/2013, 6:07 pm

Regarding spies and agendas, this fandom from the get go has blinders on. If it is regarding someone you like, they are perfect, should have even more songs and should be desired by the other characters as much as the fan desires the character. If it is someone you don't like, or don't approve of what they represent, it is more why the hell give them anything at all.

Glee, to me, was supposed to be about all the underdogs and losers in the world of teendom. Who discover, once they enter the adult world, there are places for each and everyone of them, you just have to find them. Places where even as a "loser" you can excel. Look at the geek assumption, pocket protectors and glasses in high school, making 6 figures in the adult world, where a jock may be working at a menial job forever, lamenting his or her high school popularity. It was about these losers excelling in what they do, gaining confidence and finding their way in the world.

Glee kind of lost that in seasons 2 and 3, working on the ships, insulating characters (partially because they have so many) in pairings so they stagnated. They also began to focus on the "beautiful and perfect" rather than the underdogs.

I do think Glee is trying to work their way out of that, with various amounts of success. They bit the bullet and broke people up, so we can see them interact with more than just their LI. They are creating less perfect creatures, even if they don't seem to make up their mind on Blaine. They give him flaws, but then mitigate by having him have a broship, and a girl seeking the stars in his eyes. Rachel they are being a lot more daring with, but I think this is to make Brody more sympathetic, because people just aren't latching onto him.

As for people blaming us for trying to push Adam, why not? I am all for Kurt getting to interact with anyone, because everyone sees a person differently, and brings out different aspects of a person. It also is true that while Blaine adored Kurt, he also was insecure, immature, and unaware that he kind of hogs the spotlight his boyfriend would like to share from time to time. Kurt isn't perfect either, and I would never want him to be. I love his snark, and his sweet insecurities. When he has a victory I get to celebrate myself because they aren't constant. When he gets a compliment, you realize how little positive and specific reinforcement he's had in his life. Blaine may love him, but the writers rarely went into any details, other than you are adorable, or the most interesting kid in Lima. That doesn't say things about how attractive you find the other. Kurt has said several times how handsome Blaine is, but I don't recall Blaine ever returning the favor. That doesn't mean that he wouldn't, just that for whatever reason, the writers just don't go there. That just isn't how they write Blaine. But Adam, they do go there, he compliments Kurt, and makes sure that Kurt accepts it.

I am a Klainer only to the aspect that I do believe it is endgame for the writers, and so to make sure I can enjoy my Kurt as much as possible I accept the Blaine aspect. I don't dislike Blaine, but I also don't adulate him either, he's just kind of there for me. I can enjoy Kadam, because I am invested in the Kurt aspect of it, and Adam seems quite agreeable. Oliver seems personable and talented. So why not? Again, the people saying we are pushing for this are likely the same who pushed for Blaine and Sebastian, and Blaine and anyone else. Just your point of view, which young kids seem to assume is the only correct point of view. Any deviation from what they perceive is heinous and wrong, and what could you be thinking. They just don't have the maturity to realize that each person like what they like. I didn't watch Glee and decide, yep, that is the person I am going to like, it just happened. I loved Kurt from the get go, and it has evolved as he has, mainly because I also have developed an adoration of all that is Chris Colfer. Others may not like them, I don't agree with them, but I also won't argue with them, because you can't change what people feel. I do feel they are missing out, and I am sure they feel the same way about some of my own views.

That is also why I don't care what people might say about this forum, or the things we post. We have a right to feel what we do, and so do they. I don't go posting hate on anyone on their fan sites, just like I wouldn't accept anyone posting hate about Chris/Kurt here. I may grouse about certain characters, their over exposure IMO, but I don't go posting that in places with multi fandom. There is far too much bullying in internet fandoms, it seems, and we have to take the good with the bad. We have this lovely forum, which I have posted on far more since it's conception, than the entire time I dwelt on another fan forum. We have a community, small as it may be, that discuss a lovely character and talented actor. I am quite content to occasionally lurk elsewhere, but will leave them to their devices, and happily post here.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Catt24 1/26/2013, 6:33 pm

ColferGirl wrote:Just so everyone knows, thanks to Karen getting Ryan's attention, we're (our forum) is getting some negative comments on tumblr. *shrugs* Most of it is just some Klaine fans saying that the posters here are going to keep tweeting to Ryan about wanting Kadam "even though we decided this before he ever appeared on the show" and encouraging other Klainers to tweet as much as possible about wanting Adam to be a friend, not a boyfriend.

We'll never ever beat the Klainers in a tweeting war because there's so many of them and a lot of them are young with tons of time on their hands. But I don't think we have to tweet more than them, just as long as we steadily do keep tweeting our own positive opinions about Adam and wanting him and Kurt to have a romantic relationship (and whatever else we want for Kurt, solos etc). We just have to have our voices heard, they don't have to be loudest or most often. And Ryan is definitely hearing us. So just keep it up, slowly and steadily, I think. hapitgh For example, there's thousands more Finchel fans than Brochel fans and they trend topics all the time, but Brochel is still going strong and lasting all season so far. Ryan doesn't always let the intense shippers get their way, at least not immediately.

As for us deciding to like Kadam before this week's episode even aired....the hypocrisy just makes me laugh. Because I know there were fan forums and fanfic and the like about Kurt and Blaine before Never Been Kissed ever aired. Same with TONS of fic and fanart about Blaine and Cooper before he ever even appeared, and Rachel and Brody, and Kurt and Sam, etc. etc. So that criticism is ridiculous and hypocritical. Especially now that a lot of us really do genuinely love Adam, after we've seen him, so things have changed now - we like him not just for the possibility anymore but because we truly love him and Kurt together.

Kinda off topic but - does it strike anyone else as a little odd that we have like, 150 registered posters here but only about 20 of us post regularly? Who are the rest of these people? Lurkers that are too shy (or don't have enough time) to post, so they just read? Or are some of them spies? blinkk And yes Glee fandom is absolutely immature enough to have spies.

I'm here, but I've been way too busy and fed up with certain parts of the Klaine fandom to really gripe about their immature tirades. Please note that I do not think all fans of Klaine are immature. I have seen some Klainers who are really thoughtful to BOTH Kurt & Blaine, and to be critical of the writing of that dynamic. However, that seems to be muted when some of the more louder sect of that fandom seems to make their opinions heard in a manner that is often un-becoming and rude, especially towards Chris himself (as evidence by the latest tweets of his so-called "fans" last night). It's funny that Chris made that comment about Kurt & Klaine and compared it to the Twilight fandom because he's right on the money. It's like they expect Chris (and esp. Kurt) to be some sort of male Kristen Stewart version or some love struck co-star who is a complete sycophant working with Darren, as oppose to acting like a professional, and being pragmatic about the writing and characters. Besides, RM and some fans have already occupied the sycophant role even if Chris wanted to at this point in time. I truly blame RM for his lack of objectivity when it comes Blaine/Darren in fueling this "Blaine can do wrong, but it's all good because he's such a teenage dream that anyone would be so lucky to have him, let's have him sing and be shirtless" trope that he's feeding onto the show and the fans. Which is in similar respects, to how he writes for Kurt who has become a pacifist, with no fire or spunk because RM wants a moral PSA avatar, who has lost his own agency for the last 2 seasons. :( Mad

As far as Adam goes, I like Oliver/Adam, but I wished, instead of bringing him in on as student, that they would've brought him on as a young TA just because he comes off more as TA than a fellow student, and that would've been a more interesting & believable dynamic. I gotta confess, I did not care for Baby Got Back or the performance. I just hate the song and while I understand the controversy surrounding it, let's be real, this song is idiotic and isn't worth loosing a sleep for.. Anyways, I don't get the constant gripe about his age considering that I grew up watching 90210, soaps that often cast male 20 somethings to act opposite real-life 15-16 year old female actresses (that was so skeevy). So Oliver being in his late twenties (early thirties) and working alongside Chris, who is in his early twenties is not a big deal to me.. It's called suspension of disbelief, and I'm willing to go for the ride. However, I don't think Adam or Kadam will overtake the Klaine ship even if would make the best sense of direction for BOTH Kurt & Blaine to part in this point in time because Ryan has a personal stake with Klaine (citing that it mirrors his own personal relationship). Although, I do think showing support towards an alternative to Klaine/Blaine could at least slow down the Klaine endgame engine, and remind RIB that fans care for Kurt outside of Klaine/Blaine relationship.

Overall, I'm just watching Kurt's storyline with a detached prism because I don't have any confidence that it would lead to a satisfying conclusion at this rate, especially with the spoilers as of late.

Last edited by Catt24 on 1/26/2013, 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : More thoughts to add)

Catt24
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 1/26/2013, 6:52 pm

Divalicious wrote: That is also why I don't care what people might say about this forum, or the things we post. We have a right to feel what we do, and so do they. I don't go posting hate on anyone on their fan sites, just like I wouldn't accept anyone posting hate about Chris/Kurt here. I may grouse about certain characters, their over exposure IMO, but I don't go posting that in places with multi fandom. There is far too much bullying in internet fandoms, it seems, and we have to take the good with the bad. We have this lovely forum, which I have posted on far more since it's conception, than the entire time I dwelt on another fan forum. We have a community, small as it may be, that discuss a lovely character and talented actor. I am quite content to occasionally lurk elsewhere, but will leave them to their devices, and happily post here.

You're right. I'll try not to let comments about our forum bother me. I love it here and everyone who posts here, so who cares what they think. hapitgh

Catt24 wrote: I'm here, but I've been way too busy and fed up with certain parts of the Klaine fandom to really gripe about their immature tirades. Please note that I do not think all fans of Klaine are immature. I have seen some Klainers who are really thoughtful to BOTH Kurt & Blaine, and to be critical of the writing of that dynamic. However, that seems to be muted when some of the more louder sect of that fandom seems to make their opinions heard in a manner that is often un-becoming and rude, especially towards Chris himself (as evidence by the latest tweets of his so-called "fans" last night).

At the bolded, I agree. There's at least fifteen wonderful Klainers that I follow on tumblr that are very thoughtful and sweet, and as you said, are critical of Kurt and Blaine's storyline. Not in a hateful way, but they don't glorify it or ignore its flaws, even though they love it still. A lot of them are multishippers, and are really excited and enthusiastic about Kadam too. There really are nice, mature Klainers - and they're in their 20s or above, not just teens (though I've met an awesome, well-spoken teen fan as well!). I try to follow Klainers that are clear Kurtsies as well, and put Kurt first. They do exist. They're fun and awesome to listen to and make great meta posts and so on. Smile but I'm really shy on tumblr so I mainly lurk on their blogs like a creeper but I do enjoy them

That's why it's really frustrating that everyone is at each other's throat all the time over just fictional couples. :( I've seen those same multi-shipping Klaine fans I spoke of, who never say anything mean and who tag all their posts correctly, get so much anonymous hate for stating their well thought-out opinions or daring to like Kurbastian/Hevans/what have you but especially Kadam. Klaine fans are being bullied by Klaine fans, it's sad. :( (and I know it's some Klaine fans posting the hate by what they say) I know I've said my fair share of negative comments about Blaine/Klaine and had rage moments, but I've never went after someone personally like that, they can ship Klaine and I can ship Kadam and it's all good. For a show about tolerance and love, I wish Glee fandom was less hateful, on all sides of the spectrum. But it's really hard. It's hard not to feel angry and hateful back, after seeing such nasty awful things some Klainers tweet Chris and other shippers or some of their horrible, obliviously hurtful posts and anonymous bullying like that.

However, I do not think Adam or Kadam will overtake the Klaine ship even if would make the best sense of direction for BOTH Kurt & Blaine because Ryan has a personal stake with Klaine (citing that it mirrors his own personal relationship). Although, I do think showing support towards an alternative to Klaine/Blaine could at least slow down the Klaine endgame engine. Overall, I'm just watching Kurt's storyline with a detached prism because I don't have any confidence that it would lead to a satisfying conclusion at this rate.

Also agreed. I don't think anyone here, or anyone I've seen who likes Kadam, genuinely believes Kadam will overtake Klaine and become the new "endgame". I think mostly people are just hoping that the inevitable Klaine reunion can be pushed back, and delayed farther, so that Kadam can last longer before it ends. I just want to enjoy Kurt and Adam together as long as I can, as much as I can. That's what I'm hoping tweeting to Ryan does for us - makes him see how much some people love Kadam, so he'll let them have more episodes together before Klaine get back together. Not ditch Klaine altogether, which I'm sure will never happen. But if I can have Kadam for the rest of this season, and maybe an epic Adam/Kurt/Blaine triangle next season for a few episodes before Kurt returns to Blaine? That would be awesome. That would make me happy. That's the best I'm wishing for. And then in my personal headcanon/fanon, I can have Kurt still be with Adam. Just look at all the Kurbastian fics and videos and fanart that exist - Kadam will live on in the fandom, and get just as much if not more fics/art/videos than them because it was actually temporarily canon. There's still good things to look forward to. And often, fanfics are written better than canon anyhow. Smile

Last edited by ColferGirl on 1/26/2013, 7:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/26/2013, 6:59 pm

The new ship war is spreading and it's getting really ridiculous.

But besides the Klaine<>Kadam ship war, I think there is more going on. There is definitely also a Lima<>New York 'war' going on, and connected to that a Blaine<>Adam war that goes beyond the best bf competition for Kurt.

If New York gets (even) more popular because of Adam and his Apples, the Gleeks who prefer Lima will see their branch of Glee lose screentime. We all know that Glee is bleeding viewers and that a lot of people in the fandom and the business think that the noobs and the Lima part is causing this hemorrhage. The Lima fans fear that next year Fox will drop the Lima part, and so of course they are against any new positive buzz of the New York part.
The Blaine loving Klainers have even more of a stake in this, as Adam does not only threatens their Klaine, but also Lima where their Blaine is supposed to be the leading man to anchor that part. And there are a lot of people also agreeing that Darren is not up to that task. If Lima does get dropped next year in favor of New York it can be seen as a confirmation that Blaine indeed fell short (hehe) this season. (But of course his fans will spin it that when Blaine has graduated and gone to New York Lima loses its star quality). Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Glorfindel on 1/26/2013, 7:56 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : grammar)
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 1/26/2013, 7:45 pm

if the glee creators are smart at all, if glee goes into season 5 and new york becomes prominent and if blaine get into nyada (which we all know is imminent) and if adam continues to garner ok reviews from general audience and fandom, they have their gay love triangle for next year. adam can be a young teaching assistant after graduating (he is a senior right), and he will be there to tempt kurt. not into cheating mind you, but to be there and create some natural friction. god knows klaine is one of the dullest onscreen couples i have ever seen, and a love triangle is the only way they are willing to create tension. frankly, i would love if once and for all we came back to that huge missed opportunity from i am unicorn - the unusual situation of a 2 people in a relationship going for the same parts and goals. 2 stars dating and the sure tension that comes from that. it's a very specific situation for klaine given that they are the only same sex couple with the same goal. it's unfortunate that the creators chickened out and just declared blaine the perfection for everything because that has no baring in reality. i want kurt's need to succeed and knowledge that he is good and deserves the spotlight for it to clash with blaine's constant need for attention and entitlement at the spotlight.(in this instance bliane is the male version of rachel) i want them pitted against each other and for all the flows of their characters to come right out in the open.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 1/26/2013, 8:36 pm

perhaps we should avoid reading stuff that we know we won't like??? that's why I am not going to other places, even GF, and avoid tumblr as well.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 1/26/2013, 9:30 pm

Some Klainers are reaching an all-new low, and posting such nasty hateful things on Oliver's facebook. :( Thankfully a lot of people are trying to drown them out with positive comments (and, to mock them, Oliver's page is steadily getting more and more and more likes so his amount of fans are increasing). I don't understand why people send hate directly to actors like this, from him to Grant to Chris to whomever, it's not like he's actually Adam, he's just doing his job. *sigh*
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 1/26/2013, 9:49 pm

it's sad that this fandom is so toxic, even though the whole show is about tolerance and anti-bullying and everybody getting along.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 1/26/2013, 10:09 pm

Are they really doing that? Wow. The Klainers are really making themselves look so bad right now...like a bunch of spoiled brats. Do they really think that this type of behavior is going to force RM to listen to them? NO! I think the showrunners are getting sick of this mob. It's a shame that the immature ones are drowning out the more mature, level headed ones. They are giving themselves such a bad rep...

I say, let them implode and destroy themselves from the inside out. And to think I used to be a Klainer...

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 1/26/2013, 10:21 pm

I'm not surprised to hear that some tumblr folks are being negative about this forum after my tweet. We all know that there is a group of very vocal Klainers who are very protective of their ship. We also know that there are many Klainers who favor Blaine (I'm talkng about the ones who seem to think that Kurt and Blaine are equally at fault for Blaine's cheating ways). This group of Klaine/Blaine stans are used to getting their way from RIB and the writers, so of course it is going to piss them off that Ryan would acknowledge that people actually like Adam. And these Klaine/Blaine stans are used to getting their way with shutting down people who speak against their ship and Blaine. So, the fact that this forum allows critical discussion on Klaine/Darren is another reason why they would speak negatively about this forum.

And you know what? That's fine with me. They don't have to like this forum. Quite frankly, this forum isn't for everyone.

As for their comments about us deciding to like Kadam before Adam was even on the show, I would think there are probably more of them than us who made the decision to hate Kadam before he even appeared. So, that's kind of the pot calling the kettle black. I know I posted more than once that if people like Adam, they should tweet Ryan after the episode to let Ryan know. In my case, it wasn't until after I heard Chris and Oliver talking positively about Adam, and hearing "Baby Got Back" that I really knew that I would like Adam. My opinion of Adam may change as we get to know him more on the show, but right now, he makes Kurt smile more than Kurt smiled in a long time, so I'm going to love him for that, and want him to be around Kurt. But Kurt is and always will be my priority (just like Blaine is the priority for some of those fans).

Also, our community is small, and to my knowledge, there aren't all that many of us who tweet from here, so along, we don't make that big of an impact on our own because our numbers here aren't big. But based on the 15 new followers that I've picked up since Ryan responded to my tweet, and the number of people I see tweeting about Kadam, there are a lot of people who don't post on this forum who are in favor of Kadam.

Erin (ColferGirl), regarding the 150 members, but only a small percentage posting, it's really a combination of things. Some people sign up to see if their are hidden areas in addition to the public ones. Others sign up, and when they realize that we aren't as Blarren friendly as some of the other communities, they decide it's not for them. Some posters who were active in the beginning have just moved on from Glee. Some just lose interest. Some people are just shy and don't really feel comfortable posting when others seem to have a repoire (though I'm sure people like one of our newest active posters Heather (MoviesAreLife) would agree that we are very welcoming to new folks and love to engage in conversation with them). I've moderated a few boards, and I've participated on many others, and this happens on every message board. You have your core posters--and you have some that come and go. Message boards evolve and change over time.

Heather (MoviesAreLife), we have had discussions on here once or twice about making the board private, or at least parts of it (particularly this thread). I have been hesitant to do that because I believe that people should be able to see what they are getting into before they decide to join a community.

I've said from the very beginning that because this is the Chris Colfer Fan Forum, that I would welcome any Chris fans into this community, even Klainers (and they would have to understand that they would have to respect that fact that we aren't as Blarren friendly as some other boards). As long as people love Chris and more importantly respect their fellow posters, anyone is welcome here. We don't have to all agree all the time, we just have to respect each others opinions when we don't agree.

Anyways, my best suggestion to everyone is to just ignore the naysayers. Life's too short to waste time worrying about what people who don't like you say about you. I am much more concerned about the people who do like and care about me have to say. I am very grateful that I have this forum where we have a small core of very nice people from all all over the world to talk about Chris and Kurt with. I enjoy interacting with everyone who comes to post here, and I'm grateful to have made some wonderful friends on this forum.

As long as we are having fun, enjoying each other's company, and loving Chris, what the naysayers say just doesn't matter.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 1/26/2013, 10:37 pm

ColferGirl wrote:Some Klainers are reaching an all-new low, and posting such nasty hateful things on Oliver's facebook. :( Thankfully a lot of people are trying to drown them out with positive comments (and, to mock them, Oliver's page is steadily getting more and more and more likes so his amount of fans are increasing). I don't understand why people send hate directly to actors like this, from him to Grant to Chris to whomever, it's not like he's actually Adam, he's just doing his job. *sigh*

MoviesAreLife wrote:Are they really doing that? Wow. The Klainers are really making themselves look so bad right now...like a bunch of spoiled brats. Do they really think that this type of behavior is going to force RM to listen to them? NO! I think the showrunners are getting sick of this mob. It's a shame that the immature ones are drowning out the more mature, level headed ones. They are giving themselves such a bad rep...

I say, let them implode and destroy themselves from the inside out. And to think I used to be a Klainer...

It is unfortunate that there are people who are posting negative and hateful things on Oliver's facebook page. I don't care if people don't like Oliver and/or Adam, but there really is no need for them to bring it to Oliver like this.

I think everyone here knows that I'm not a Darren/Blaine fan (though I once was), but I know there are people out there who love Darren as much as I love Chris. While I'll be critical of Darren's performance and Blaine's character here, and I'll even tweet my disappointment with Blaine to RIB. But I would never tweet Darren to tell him I don't like him or Blaine, and I wouldn't go on Darren's facebook or website or whatever to be negative about him.

Bottom line is, stuff like facebook and twitter and websites are places for celebrities to interact with their fans. If you don't like them, stay away from their pages and let the celebrity and the fans enjoy that interaction.

I hope that Oliver has a thick skin and can ignore the haters. He has been very generous with his posting direct replies to fans (he's responded to me several times), and he seems like a decent guy.

If you have facebook, and you enjoy Oliver, please consider liking Oliver's Official Facebook page. And please consider posting a positive message to Oliver if you like him. It would be nice to fill his page with so much love that he doesn't even notice the haters.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/26/2013, 10:41 pm

As far as my feelings about Kadam as a pairing go, even if Kurt and Adam never become romantically involved on the show, I will always feel enormous fondness for Adam for this and this alone.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 2 Tumblr_mh7n833hl31qfgg1ao4_250Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 2 Tumblr_mh7n833hl31qfgg1ao2_250Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 2 Tumblr_mh7n833hl31qfgg1ao5_250Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 2 Tumblr_mh7n833hl31qfgg1ao3_250Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 2 Tumblr_mh7n833hl31qfgg1ao11_r1_250Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 2 Tumblr_mh7n833hl31qfgg1ao6_250Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 2 Tumblr_mh7n833hl31qfgg1ao7_250Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 6 - Page 2 Tumblr_mh7n833hl31qfgg1ao8_250

For so long, even those who were Kurt's friends and cared about Kurt mocked his masculinity, discounted his abilities as an actor and basically wrote him off. Adam is the first to come along to immediately decide that Kurt was more than able to play an iconic male role and compared him to a beloved iconic actor who never had any questions about his masculinity despite the fact that he had been a very pretty young man when his started in Hollywood. With Adam there was no "you're talented, but..." that Kurt has gotten for so long. So whatever the Kadam relationship turns out to be - mentor/mentee, freindship of romantic - I'll be happy with it because finally someone is telling Kurt that his dreams aren't futile.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 1/26/2013, 10:54 pm

Spot on, Ranwing. Even those who like/love Kurt have a tendency to perceive him in this little box. Even his father, who comes from a protective stance, feels that Kurt has some limitations that he needs to work around, like writing his own plays etc. Adam is the absolute first to my mind to fully support Kurt in all he can do. That is why I want Adam to stay, not to put Blainers down, not to put Klainers down, but simply to have someone in Kurt's corner who seems to believe Kurt can do whatever he wants, and finds him attractive doing it.

Ever since Kurt started dating Blaine we've gotten some cute moments, some attraction, an excellent first kiss, at least initially, but for the most part you come away from their scenes with the feeling that Kurt is lucky to get Blaine, and should be happy with just that. No matter what else he lost out on, he had a hot boyfriend. That attitude soured me towards the relationship more than anything else. Romantic relationships are great, but personal fulfillment is a huge thing, because that belongs to Kurt only, and he wasn't getting that. Why does Blaine get a gorgeous, intelligent, talented boyfriend, and still have the expectation to get everything else as well? Just unequal.

It will be interesting to see how Rachel behaves when she discovers that the guy Kurt likes leads the bottom of the social heap. I think initially, with her new found desire for all things popular, she will protest, despite the fact that Adam treats Kurt extremely well. Perhaps when her eyes open, she will realize that she's given up some of her own spark to maintain her current level in NYADA society. While Kurt is having a blast with the Apples. Does being popular really bring her that much happiness? That should be her main lesson, and hopefully the writers actually let her remember one of her lessons.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 1/26/2013, 11:05 pm

i couldn't care less what other people say about us, or me, or our board. I am here because I feel at home, and I can say whatever I want to. I am not here to please anyone but myself. I don't care if everybody else here disagree w/ me. as long as the mods aren't erasing everything I write I will keep on posting. to hell w/ the naysayers - i don't even know them.

Razz
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 1/26/2013, 11:21 pm

fantastica wrote:i couldn't care less what other people say about us, or me, or our board. I am here because I feel at home, and I can say whatever I want to. I am not here to please anyone but myself. I don't care if everybody else here disagree w/ me. as long as the mods aren't erasing everything I write I will keep on posting. to hell w/ the naysayers - i don't even know them.

Razz

You should be caring about pleasing me. Wink

Where is that delete button?

Power is a wonderful thing to abuse. I kid, I kid (or do I).
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/26/2013, 11:43 pm

Just FYI: I just got a very nasty death threat because of some of my posts here and on Glee Forum after 4x11. :(

And yes, that definitely was a Blarrenstan. :angry:

I know there are some very sane and friendly Klainers, and I understand they don't like all the negativity others are telling about their fandom, but boy..... maybe they should find themselves another name to seperate them from the Klainers (or should I say Blainers?) that spoil it for everyone, for us and for those nice Klainers.

Jeez, this is just a tv show. No

- Don't send hate to actors for something they cannot control.
- Don't send hate on tumblr and tag it with the tags of other ships, characters or actors.
- Don't send hate and death threats to people who don't like what you like.
- Don't send hate, period.

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/26/2013, 11:54 pm

Divalicious wrote:It will be interesting to see how Rachel behaves when she discovers that the guy Kurt likes leads the bottom of the social heap. I think initially, with her new found desire for all things popular, she will protest, despite the fact that Adam treats Kurt extremely well. Perhaps when her eyes open, she will realize that she's given up some of her own spark to maintain her current level in NYADA society. While Kurt is having a blast with the Apples. Does being popular really bring her that much happiness? That should be her main lesson, and hopefully the writers actually let her remember one of her lessons.

Looking back at Rachels history, it's pretty clear that she very much wanted to be the most popular girl in school (and being a star all ties into that basic desire to be highly regarded and adored). I always had the feeling that a good part of her resentment towards Quinn was because she wanted to be Quinn and have all the trappings of popularity that went along with her position at school (and that included Finn). I have to imagine that her senior year of high school had to be a pretty heady experience for Rachel because she did obtain everything that Quinn had had. She had the handsome, popular jock (who was now her fiance). She had been the lead in the school musical and in their winning National performance. She was named Prom Queen (and had no idea that it was a pity gift from Quinn and Santana and not because she was actually well thought of by the other students). And she got into NYADA.

Now she's got her NYADA experiences piled on top of all that - no consequences from being a complete pill in her dance class all semester, getting the handsome, popular upper classman boyfriend, and winning the Winter Showcase. She's got to feel like the hottest thing ever, and it's no surprise that 1) she's getting a seriously swelled head and 2) is looking down on a group that doesn't meet her lofty standards. There was a reviewer who said it best - Rachel was always a smug little bitch but now she feels ample justification being a smug little bitch. Rachel always said nasty things and looked down on others as much as Quinn did but she was ignored because she didn't have the social position at McKinley to make her comments count. But at NYADA where she's now moved into the upper echelons? Now her opinions matter and she knows now that she'll be listened to.

Obviously networking a college helps one in their career after college, but I think it's a huge mistake for Rachel to discount the members of the Apples simply because the club isn't highly regarded. You never can tell who can help your career later one. You don't have to be best friends with everyone, but not going out of your way to be a total asshole isn't necessarily a bad idea.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/27/2013, 12:05 am

Glorfindel wrote:Just FYI: I just got a very nasty death threat because of some of my posts here and on Glee Forum after 4x11. :(

And yes, that definitely was a Blarrenstan. :angry:

This shit is getting out of hand.

What forum/venue did it happen on? I'm hoping that person got reported (or at least slammed by other posters. But jez... these Blaine/Darren stans are a bunch of spoiled children and are completely out of control. Some of them have been posting positively ugly stuff on Oliver's Facebook page and we know they've been a huge pain to Chris. And Darren has not helped matters by catering to their delusions the way he does.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 1/27/2013, 12:08 am

I would like to see Rachel get knocked down a peg or two. She's a sweet girl overall, and she's my second favorite character. She does let things go to her head too easily, and this snobby, hypocritical attitude of hers against the college showchoir is pissing me off a little bit. I really don't like it at all.

And a death threat?! What is wrong with people?? Just because someone doesn't like what you like is no reason to threaten them! That really shows what kind of people they are: immature as hell and threatened by another point of view. You'd think they'd want to have Klaine broken up for good, seeing as they think Kurt is so inferior to their perfect Blaine...

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 1/27/2013, 12:10 am

i am so sorry to hear that Marie. Even though you don't really have to worry about your personal safety (these people don't know you and can't reach you in person) I know it's very upsetting. But please do not stop or you will be sending them the wrong massage, that violent threats can lead to desirable results for them. These people are the worst bullies - in real life and online. they remind me of totalitarian governments (and religious institutions) all over the world who would intimidate and punish anybody who dare to disagree w/ their official decree. This is such an ugly part of humanity. Unfortunately it's probably deep within our genes (Chimps do that to each other too). So all we can do is stand our ground. We will not be shut up, or shut down.

I kind of protect myself by avoiding hostile places and I rarely go to twitters. I basically use twitter to do some important business like tweeting about chris/kurt/adam etc. and then I don't go there for months. I am not even familiar w/ twitter so I have no idea if anybody EVER tweeted to me. If someone is sending me death threats I won't see, so it will never bother me. Oh, and my twitter account is associated w/ a junk mail email account that I never check. tonguue In other words, I am untouchable, and invinsible! Smile those bastards would have to come this board to harrass me, and i will make sure they get deleted before I see it. Razz

Last edited by fantastica on 1/27/2013, 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next