Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4

+33
CloveGlee
ColferGirl
zuppid
Sani
indiaskye
sjonnepon
M&M
coxfire
Piciollina
Adamina
bayth
msjoanlucette
ChrisColferFan1
MissSoniaPP
tamara04
Ranwing
ladydianab
valkeakuulas
sheny
tanita_mors
BlueJazz
dap1217
sahhar
fantastica
Divalicious
Delight
Jellyrolls
arina
brisallie
Glorfindel
Ireth
Kurt Hummel
ColferInspired
37 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 25 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4

Post  Glorfindel 1/1/2013, 12:19 am

Divalicious wrote:Well, he gave the East Coast their Happy New Year, I wonder if he'll tweet again for the West.
Actually, he tweeted his New Year's tweet at about 9PM European time, so well in advance of the European and the American New Year!
I guess he wanted to get his chores done before the champagne would pop. moque

There are more tweets from Chris. They are mostly responses from Chris. I don't know how to embed them properly, but I'll paste and copy them here:

PJchip ‏@PJchip
It's almost 2013 .... I have champagne and not diet coke.. Don't judge me! Happy 2013!!!!
‏@chriscolfer
@PJchip You're welcome!!!

a. plotkin ‏@aplotkin716
@chriscolfer @Ashley_Fink @PJchip Hope you guys are having the best time ever, can't wait to hear the stories! Happy New Year!!! xx
‏@chriscolfer
@aplotkin716 Lots of stories for you to cover up, per usual Wink...Happy New Year Honey Badger!!!

tal ‏@KrystalAull
listen @chriscolfer I'm 25 and I have no NYE plans outside of watching Girls….LETS BE FRIENDS
@chriscolfer
@KrystalAull We could easily hang out in that case...

elin lyngĂ„ ‏@elinlynga
@chriscolfer Make my 2013 and notice me? :'3 I love you, and Happy New Year! <3
@chriscolfer
@elinlynga Noticed! Smile

StruckByChrisColfer ‏@xEllenVictoriax
@chriscolfer I'm feeling sad! Cheer me up! How's your New Year's Eve with Ashley?
@chriscolfer
@xEllenVictoriax Great! No bail posted yet, but it's early!

I like the snippets of Chris' accomplishments this year. A book, a movie, a play with A list actors, and a couple of unforgettable characters that he played. Waiting to see if he can top that in 2013.
Yes, compiling his achievements and the pics for that collage made me marvel about that too again. Thinking he did all that in 1 year..... I hope that 2013 will be just as productive and succesful for him as 2012. hapitgh
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 25 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4

Post  brisallie 1/1/2013, 4:16 am

Hello everyone! I hope all of you are having a good time celebrating the new year.

So I wanna play the game too, and for me the solo that it makes me feel more emotional is I Want to Hold your Hand. Is simply beautiful and is a song that I like either in his tv and concert version.

Also I'd say that I like Rose's Turn, because just as Kurt showed sadness in IWHYH, here is noticeable his anger, and I don't know who said this song is perfect to express that emotion.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 1/1/2013, 4:58 am

Favorite solo: I Wanna Hold Your Hand

Honorable mentions: Rose's turn, House is not a home, Being Alive, As if we never said goodbye and Not the Boy Next Door :-)

arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 1/1/2013, 5:19 am

Happy New Year Smile

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/1/2013, 3:05 pm

Hope that everyone had a great new years! I ate and drank way too much and think I got to sleep at around 3am. And then woke up at 6:30am which means I'm going to e pretty damn useless today.

Well, back to the Kurt/Chris month challenge...

Day 2) Favorite Kurt quote(s)

There are just so many. Kurt has unquestionably been blessed with some of the best dialogue of the show. Even in eps when he only got one or two lines, they were the ones that stood out and are so critical in cementing Kurt's core personality.

"One day you will all work for me." - I think this was the moment that I feel in love with Kurt as a character. There he was surrounded by bullies and about to be tossed into a dumpster, a humiliating experience by any standard, and he refused to let them touch his dignity. And that pride carried him through so many difficult times.

"Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when the hunters shot your mommy!" - It took me twenty minutes to stop giggling. Chris's talent for comedy really shone here.

"I love you more than I love being a star." - This was the moment where the differences between Kurt and Rachel, the two most ambitious members of ND, started to really become apparent. Rachel we knew would stop at nothing to reach her goals, no matter who she might have to leave behind in the process. Kurt showed that he would never sacrifice those that he loved, his father especially, on the alter of his ambition. And it was another great moment to show just why the Burt/Kurt relationship is the best parent/child relationship on television today.

"You smell homeless, Brett. Homeless." - Just the perfect level of distain and snark.

"Eat your heart out Kate Middleton." - That moment of total humiliation and Kurt wrested his dignity back in front of the entire school and won against every idiot that tried to keep him down. He showed just how much courage and strength he has, that nothing can keep him on his heels for long.

"You smell like Craig's List." - Once again, Kurt's discerning sense of smell serves him well and we get again the perfect level of snark. No one needs to ask what Craig's list smells like after this.

And now my absolute favorite..

"If I may?" - He used this multiple times and with multiple people, and you knew that as soon as those words passed his lips, the bitch fork was coming out.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 1/1/2013, 4:23 pm

I do agree with all of the above songs for Kurt have been great, but I somehow love Le Jazz Hot, a little under appriciated jem. I know it's technically a "duet" in the shows canon, but it's all Kurt. I love Victor, Victoria and Chris' rendition of the song is just as impressive as Julie Andrews'. And even more difficult, since IMO it's easier for a woman to portrait male qualities then vice versa.

Hands down my honorary mention goes to Rose's Turn.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 1/1/2013, 4:25 pm

^ Another great underappreciated Kurt song is "I'll Remember". That's my mother's favorite solo from him, actually, she listens to it in the car all the time. hapitgh

Day 2 - Favorite Kurt Quote

"I swear to you I will never change. I'm proud to be different, it's the best thing about me." (Theatricality)

I love this quote because not only is it inspiring, but I think it really exemplifies who Kurt is at the heart of him. No matter what challenges or adversity he faces, he'll never compromise himself. He's happy and proud to be who is. He'd never want to change, despite how the rest of the world keeps (often violently) telling him he should. I really admire his resiliency and his unashamed pride in his own uniqueness.

"I love you more than I love being a star." (Wheels)

This quote makes me tear up every time. crycry I love Kurt and Burt's relationship, and this scene to me was the first of what would become many that showed what a sweet, compassionate, loving person Kurt is beneath his cold, reserved outer shell. (A shell of which has warmed more and more with each season). Unlike Rachel, who I feel is more ambitiously cutthroat than Kurt and always has been, Kurt will sacrifice himself and his dreams if it means making the people he loves happy. For him, those he loves comes first, especially his father. I love how this quote, that whole episode really, cemented that truth about Kurt's character and this trait has only grown and developed and strengthened since. wub

If I listed every funny quote I like from Kurt I'd be here all morning, but honorable mentions are the famous Bambi quote, auditioning for the role of kicker, and no she's dead this is her son..... Razz
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 1/1/2013, 5:03 pm

My favorire Kurt's Kurt is "I swear to you Ill never change. I'm proud to be different, it's the best thing about me. For the same reasons as Cofergirl. She is better in putting it in words than I am.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/1/2013, 5:25 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:I do agree with all of the above songs for Kurt have been great, but I somehow love Le Jazz Hot, a little under appriciated jem. I know it's technically a "duet" in the shows canon, but it's all Kurt. I love Victor, Victoria and Chris' rendition of the song is just as impressive as Julie Andrews'. And even more difficult, since IMO it's easier for a woman to portrait male qualities then vice versa.

Hands down my honorary mention goes to Rose's Turn.
Yup, I feel the same for both songs. Oh, it is way too hard to pick a favorite song. blinkk

ColferGirl wrote:Day 2 - Favorite Kurt Quote

"I swear to you I will never change. I'm proud to be different, it's the best thing about me." (Theatricality)

I love this quote because not only is it inspiring, but I think it really exemplifies who Kurt is at the heart of him. No matter what challenges or adversity he faces, he'll never compromise himself. He's happy and proud to be who is. He'd never want to change, despite how the rest of the world keeps (often violently) telling him he should. I really admire his resiliency and his unashamed pride in his own uniqueness.
Yes, I love that quote too. But I chose a somewhat similar quote he said earlier:

"Being different made me stronger. At the end of the day, it's what's going to get me out of this cow town." (Wheels)

Both quotes fit Kurt so well, but Chris also. And Carson too, actually. wub
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 1/1/2013, 10:10 pm

This boy has so many quotes that is hard to pick only one! And I like some of the ones you have said guys:

"If I May?" I remember that during first and second season it was like his trademark to talk to Mr. Schue.

"I love you more than I love being a star." That was so beautiful and as you have pointed, is makes the difference between Rachel and him.

"I don't believe in God, dad. But I believe in us." this's from Grilles Cheesus and also I find it a emotional quote and how much father-son love to each other.

"You can't punch the gay out of me any more than I can punch the ignoramus out of you." Actually it was because of this scene that I started to watch Glee.

"Fashion has no genders" his free spirit to wear whatever he wants.

brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 1/2/2013, 3:15 am

my fav kurt song is "being alive". my fav kurt quote is "oh bambi..."
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 1/2/2013, 3:18 am

This is video of the real "Malerie" (Melissa) promoting SBL.

My favorite quote: I love you more than I love being a star.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 1/2/2013, 3:46 am

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 25 A_lQcfRCQAAt5qh

Last edited by sheny on 1/2/2013, 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/2/2013, 8:00 am

^Is it now confirmed that this is the real twitter of Chris' mom?
I would really dislike it if an impostor gets attention he/she doesn't deserve, but clearly craves.

This is a picture with them having short sleeves (in winter?), and I think Chris is still in Europe? Just saying.
But I don't know. saispa

I must say I'm uncomfortable with close relatives and friends of Chris talking to fans about him (if this is indeed his mom's twitter account). Pictures are fine when used for the usual family stuff people twitter to their followers (but even then I personally would not follow a mom of a celebrity), but answering questions of fans is not okay, imo. Chris' friend Melissa already took it too far by answering questions about if he has a bf or not.

As I said: I don't know, it makes me feel uncomfortable, like crossing a privacy line, or at least snooping a bit too fanatical.
But I'm not trying to censure or reprimand anyone here. Maybe it's just me. unsure
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 1/2/2013, 8:33 am

Glorfindel wrote:^Is it now confirmed that this is the real twitter of Chris' mom?
I would really dislike it if an impostor gets attention he/she doesn't deserve, but clearly craves.

This is a picture with them having short sleeves (in winter?), and I think Chris is still in Europe? Just saying.
But I don't know. saispa

I must say I'm uncomfortable with close relatives and friends of Chris talking to fans about him (if this is indeed his mom's twitter account). Pictures are fine when used for the usual family stuff people twitter to their followers (but even then I personally would not follow a mom of a celebrity), but answering questions of fans is not okay, imo. Chris' friend Melissa already took it too far by answering questions about if he has a bf or not.

As I said: I don't know, it makes me feel uncomfortable, like crossing a privacy line, or at least snooping a bit too fanatical.
But I'm not trying to censure or reprimand anyone here. Maybe it's just me. unsure

This photo is from Tumblr I have never seen her Twitter account and I don't know if it is really her. I agree with everything you wrote. I follow just Chris and that's enough for me.

Also I think he left Europe before December 31th but I'm not sure.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/2/2013, 8:54 am

^I read somewhere (on tumblr I think?) that Chris and Ashley bought tickets for the train to Paris before they left London. But I don't know.
I just hope he's away from his fans for a while and enjoying himself, getting some time to relax. The next few weeks will be busy for him, with the SBL promoting! Smile
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 1/2/2013, 9:55 am

That twitter account is probably really Chris' mother because some girl who made interview with Karyn months ago wrote on tumblr she tweeted with her about stuff regarding the interview and she wouldn't know it if it wasn't really her. So it's probably real. I read there once just few tweets but it really was weird and uncomfortable reading for me.

I was enjoying Melisa answering SBL stuff, how much is Malerie based on her and how she felt when she got the offer etc but I was also surprised how much questions about Chris she has been answering. I would personaly feel really uncomfortable if my friends do it but Chris knows about it and according to her he thinks it's awesome... So at least it's not happening behind his back.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/2/2013, 11:38 am

Glorfindel wrote:I must say I'm uncomfortable with close relatives and friends of Chris talking to fans about him (if this is indeed his mom's twitter account). Pictures are fine when used for the usual family stuff people twitter to their followers (but even then I personally would not follow a mom of a celebrity), but answering questions of fans is not okay, imo. Chris' friend Melissa already took it too far by answering questions about if he has a bf or not.

It's not just you. I totally agree with this. I'm on twitter and follow a few performers that I adore and some of them do tweet a lot of personal stuff. If it's the person themselves releasing pictures or updates, that's fine. But I don't believe in following their family members, or having their family members releasing stuff that might not be with the performer's knowledge or permission. It's one thing if Jared Padalecki releases pictures of his baby, but if his cousin did, I'd find that a breach of privacy. If this is Chris's mom, she certainly can tweet about how much she loves her kids, but why would that be of any of my business?

It's a real fine line but in the end, the only person that I'd want to see personal things released by is Chris himself.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/2/2013, 11:57 am

Ranwing wrote:It's a real fine line but in the end, the only person that I'd want to see personal things released by is Chris himself.
This. That is where I draw the line too.
Exceptions are pics or announcements made by his management team (which therefore are released with his permission), although they usually don't deal with his personal life (an example would be a pic of his cat Brian by Alla Plotkin), and/or pics of his cast members and such (if they are not too private).
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  zuppid 1/2/2013, 12:32 pm

arina wrote:That twitter account is probably really Chris' mother because some girl who made interview with Karyn months ago wrote on tumblr she tweeted with her about stuff regarding the interview and she wouldn't know it if it wasn't really her. So it's probably real. I read there once just few tweets but it really was weird and uncomfortable reading for me.

I was enjoying Melisa answering SBL stuff, how much is Malerie based on her and how she felt when she got the offer etc but I was also surprised how much questions about Chris she has been answering. I would personaly feel really uncomfortable if my friends do it but Chris knows about it and according to her he thinks it's awesome... So at least it's not happening behind his back.
banzai

Melissa is taking it too far...It's embrassing Mad
zuppid
zuppid
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/2/2013, 1:07 pm

zuppid wrote:
arina wrote:That twitter account is probably really Chris' mother because some girl who made interview with Karyn months ago wrote on tumblr she tweeted with her about stuff regarding the interview and she wouldn't know it if it wasn't really her. So it's probably real. I read there once just few tweets but it really was weird and uncomfortable reading for me.

banzai

Melissa is taking it too far...It's embrassing Mad

This is one time when I'd like to see Chris's people take control and manage things a bit more closely. Melissa should be able to talk about how it was to work with Chris, what he was like on the project, etc... but things about their personal relationship of his experiences in school should be strictly off limits. It's unfortunately that Melissa isn't a professional so that she would understand what she is free to discuss and what she shouldn't.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 1/2/2013, 2:35 pm

Day 3 Favorite Kurt Friendship

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 25 Tumblr_lyvvhdi6hz1qgz4dfo1_250

Kurt/Rachel, definitely. They're my two favorite characters and my personal highlight of season 4 so far, seeing them taking on New York and living together. I've loved watching their friendship grow and develop over the seasons. They used to really grate on each other's nerves (like in Hairography) and they've said hurtful things to each other, but slowly, ever since Duets, to me they've become the strongest friendship on the show. Especially in S4 and the second half of S3, they've been incredibly sweet and caring and supportive of each other. They have a lot of similarities, but plenty of differences too, and I think they complement each other well. I love what few warm comedic moments they've been given, and especially their lovely hugging scenes. Their duets are some of my favorites too, because their voices are beautiful together. Out of every "ship" of Glee, Hummelberry is the only one I'm absolutely sure will make it - Rachel and Kurt will still be friends even when they're old and gray, telling their grandkids stories of how they snuck into the Gershwin theater to perform on the Wicked stage. The true soulmates of Glee. wub Love my Hummelberry.

Now for a Hummelberry pic spam!! Because they love each other and I love them so.

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 25 Tumblr_lppv8abElv1qikxoqo1_500

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 25 Tumblr_m3b2roVqjT1qk71sao5_250

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 25 Tumblr_m16u76Q0rn1qee7fro2_250

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 25 Tumblr_meacotxThs1qiou8so2_250

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 25 Tumblr_mabu34PV3q1qcbgf2o3_250

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 25 Tumblr_meacotxThs1qiou8so6_r1_250

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 25 Tumblr_m8u9rqEU6g1r1v397o8_250

Honorable Mention: Furt and Kurcedes and Kurt/Tina
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 1/2/2013, 2:53 pm

Not at a computer yesterday so
Favorite Quote-"One day you will all work for me" It showed that while the character was being ganged up on, he realized he was better than a bunch of bullies and wasn't going to let them hinder him. Just waiting for the day for it to happen. Later finding out Chris ad-libbed that also is a reason it is my favorite.

Favorite Friendship: While Hummelberry is awesome most of the time, I loved the Muppet Babies. A moment in time on Glee where the jocks/cheerleaders were basically having love gymnastics, we had a few sweet kids who thought the most notorious thing they could do is sing "Can't Touch This" in the library. The writers really missed out on not examining this more. It would have helped Brittnay become more than one dimensional-something they are trying to overcome even now. Artie and Tina would have gotten to interact with more characters. Mercedes could have been the straight person in this group of naive singers, could have gotten some fun lines. Plus Kurt would have gotten more of his comedy. Plus it showed how brave he was, facing up to Sue, showing how scared he was, but determined to gain their little group the notoriety it wanted. They really felt like young students rather than world weary adults in school pretending to be teenagers.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/2/2013, 3:12 pm

Day 3) Favorite Kurt friendship

Furt.
Kurt and Finn's relationship took them really far through the seasons, as they are now step-brothers. But I'd like to think that even if their parents hadn't married they'd be friends now. The fact that they have become brothers by marriage kind of conceals that this friendship truly has grown from a jock being slightly homophobic and a fashionable diva causing awkward situations by crushing on him, to a careful truce, and then a solid friendship between a straight and a gay guy. They are so not alike, but still they managed to look beyond that and find a common ground, and appreciate each other for who they are.
It is ironic that the term 'bro' gets (mis-)used a lot on Glee, when it was never used for the one and only real 'bro' relationship on the show. Kurt and Finn may not have the same interests or likes, and maybe they don't always 'get' each other (like Sam said about Kurt) but they confide in one another and have each other's back. I call that true friendship. wub

I love Hummelbery too, but this friendship sometimes gets ruined by RIB when they can't resist wanting to compare the 2 or let them have similar storylines. That is however a writers' issue, not a Kurt and Rachel one.

Of all the 'kids' cast members I think Chris has the most acting chemistry with Lea and Cory. hapitgh
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/2/2013, 4:11 pm

Day Three: Favorite Kurt friendship

My feelings about Kurt's various relationships tend to ebb and flow depending on what's happening in the show. As much as I like Hummelberry at times, it too often gets derailed by their competative natures (and the fact that the writers seem to have a major fetish about using others - Kurt in particular - as butt monkeys to shore up Rachel's specialness). I had really loved Kurt and Mercedes during season one and most of season two, but I never quite got over how badly she overstepped boundries during Grilled Cheezus in regards to Kurt's wishes while his father was ill. Artie lost me when he decided that Kurt was too fem for a signifigant part in WSS (and then laughed at him - something I found unforgivable coming from someone who always had to fight the impression of what others thought he was capable of).

In the end, the one that I've grown most fond of, and that I think will stand the test of time is Kurt/Finn. This was not an easy realtionship as it started off with Finn as a vicious bully who tormented Kurt and humilitated him for so long. It then got complicated with Kurt's crush and Finn's inability to express that Kurt's romantic feelings made him uncomfortable (until the big blow up in Kurt's bedroom). It took another hit in season 2 when Finn took a back set and let the other ND guys step up to protect Kurt from Karofsky. But since Furt? It has grown and deepened and they have become true brothers. And that's how they refer to one another, not as stepbrothers, but as if they shared that blood relation. Finn isn't the brightest bulb on the tree, but Kurt doesn't talk down to him. Neither does he try to blow sunshine up Finn's backside and give him unreasonable expectations. They are honest now with one another, and protective. Kurt respects Finn enough not to get involved with the Finchel drama, and Finn's first words to Blaine after their return from New York was to ask why he would hurt Kurt (and then had the adult sense to stay out of their drama). There is a respect between them that we don't see with with very many pairings.

It's a shame that the writers stuck Finn in Lima because it deprives us of seeing this relationship continue to evolve. I would much rather have seen Finn stay in New York and find his own dream (exclusive of Rachel) with Kurt's help and see these two brothers continue to grow close. It's one of the few relationships on the show that was really allowed to grow and change organically and I very much miss seeing it.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next