Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4

+33
CloveGlee
ColferGirl
zuppid
Sani
indiaskye
sjonnepon
M&M
coxfire
Piciollina
Adamina
bayth
msjoanlucette
ChrisColferFan1
MissSoniaPP
tamara04
Ranwing
ladydianab
valkeakuulas
sheny
tanita_mors
BlueJazz
dap1217
sahhar
fantastica
Divalicious
Delight
Jellyrolls
arina
brisallie
Glorfindel
Ireth
Kurt Hummel
ColferInspired
37 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 24 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4

Post  sheny 12/27/2012, 11:44 am

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 24 Tumblr_mfp109kxp71qc3z7lo1_1280

TVLine's 2012 in Review

I hope this will make all those people who complain that the high school part is better and they should quit with the NY storyline shut up. But I probably want too much.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 24 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4

Post  fantastica 12/27/2012, 6:55 pm

yes we all want too much. most of us in this forum wish we are watching a different show. Razz

although this and the above post should probably go into the general glee thread (yes I am anal tonguue )
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 12/28/2012, 6:16 am

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 24 Tumblr_mfq6u4pTRy1qe476yo1_500
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 12/28/2012, 6:04 pm

Celebs best moment of 2012: People.com.

Youtube video of Chris' part:
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 12/29/2012, 9:18 am

One of the interviews Chris did for SBL surfaced:

Good interview: love it. neutre
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 12/29/2012, 5:41 pm

He just is a lovely young man who loves his craft. You can tell he has just blossomed over the years and has a lot of confidence. He still can be self deprecating, but not anywhere near as much as when he started the show. Perhaps he has finally realized he is hot. He already knew he as driven and smart. Plus the pressure of seeing how his movie would do is over, it is out in the world, and doing well. That has got to be a weight off. Now to finish book 2!

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 12/30/2012, 12:09 am

Divalicious wrote:He just is a lovely young man who loves his craft. You can tell he has just blossomed over the years and has a lot of confidence. He still can be self deprecating, but not anywhere near as much as when he started the show. Perhaps he has finally realized he is hot. He already knew he as driven and smart. Plus the pressure of seeing how his movie would do is over, it is out in the world, and doing well. That has got to be a weight off. Now to finish book 2!

I hope we start hearing about the asylum movie sometime next year. But I am excited about TLOS 2. Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 24 4247136565

I love his confidence. And do think he does know he is attractive, he just isn't into flaunting it like others do.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 12/30/2012, 1:04 am

Chris, Ashley and Dianna are in London on holidays. I don't know if Dianna is with them or there on her own. Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 24 4247136565

Thing is fans have already found Chris and Ashley and the hotel where they are staying. Though they haven't put up what hotel, which is good. Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 24 4247136565

I know a lot of fans in England would love to meet him that haven't, and this is an opportunity for them but it is good they are realising this is Chris's time for himself and aren't thinking of trying to find him.

I am just happy that he is finally having a proper vacation. Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 24 650269930
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 12/30/2012, 7:10 am

^I can imagine it must be thrilling to know that your favorite actor is in the town you live in, but I do hope they will leave him alone. Not only not talk to him, but also not waiting outside his hotel for a quick look or a snapshot.
Chris is off the clock this week. This is his holiday and we all know he doesn't get much free time. He doesn't have to be available to his fans 24/7.

Just. Leave. him. Alone.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MissSoniaPP 12/30/2012, 11:30 am

The guy who knows the hotel where Chris is, knows because he staying there.
He does not walk pursuing Chris.
He only stayed in the same hotel that Chriis
He was lucky
He does not say the name of the hotel.
MissSoniaPP
MissSoniaPP
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 12/30/2012, 3:54 pm

^Yeah, I saw his tumblr. He's quite respectful of Chris' privacy, which is nice.

I wasn't particularly pointing to him, although unfortunately him posting that picture and telling that Chris stays in the same hotel in London gave the news to the rest of the fans, and now there are some of them watching the entrances of his hotel. :(
So the cat is out of the bag.
But I think this boy didn't realize it at first, and I'm glad he didn't mention the addres, so it would be harder for fans to find the hotel.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 12/30/2012, 8:45 pm

i just hope chris uses an alias for hotels, because all it takes is one careless guest or worker to blow the whistle on his whereabouts. i just hope that the guests will respect his privacy and that the staff will be professional.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 12/30/2012, 10:43 pm

It would be hard for Chris to stalk the royals with a bunch of stalkers following him Wink

Hopefully there aren't too many people sitting outside the hotel, and if they are, they will be respectful of Chris rare time off.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 12/31/2012, 12:11 am

^The guy who stays at his hotel said at least 14 fans are waiting outside. But it appears that Chris and Ashley already left London.

(And what does this make me: looking at this guy's tumblr to check if Chris is not too bothered by his fans? Does the goal justify the means? Or am I a stalker too?) Shocked
moque
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 12/31/2012, 4:30 am

chris in People's magazine:

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 24 Tumblr_mftf07Qxuc1r18o6to1_500

Downton Abbey is also my fav. Highly recommend.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 12/31/2012, 10:25 am

On the GF, someone posted a great idea to get us through this rediculously long hiatus. Really cannot believe that we've got nearly a month's wait until the next ep, but this might whet our appities for the upcoming eps (that hopefully will be full of Kurt/Chris goodness). So here's the challenge - each day answer the question and maybe even post some lovely pics so we've got some pretty to look at while we're waiting for the next ep.

Day 1) Favorite Kurt solo
Day 2) Favorite Kurt quote(s)
Day 3) Favorite Kurt friendship
Day 4) Favorite Kurt outfit(s)
Day 5) Favorite Kurt storyline overall in all seasons
Day 6) Favorite Kurt/Burt moment
Day 7) Your favorite Chris outfit
Day 8) Favorite Chris Friendship
Day 9) Favorite season for Kurt
Day 10) The thing you love most about Kurt
Day 11) A song you want Chris/Kurt to sing
Day 12) A role or Character you would love Chris to play one day
Day 13) An actor you would like Chris to work with or a person in general
Day 14) Favorite Kurt Ship (doesn't have to be romantic)
Day 15) A storyline you wish went to Kurt or a Storyline you want him to have in general
Day 16) The thing you love most about Chris
Day 17) Favorite Chris quote
Day 18) Favorite Kurt duet
Day 19) A character you would like Kurt to duet with
Day 20) Best acting Chris has done on the show
Day 21) Favorite Kurt moment
Day 22) Favorite Kurt/Blaine moment (even if you dont ship it Blaine plays a huge part in kurt's sl)
Day 23) Favorite Chris Picture

It's sometimes important for us to look back and remember just what it is about this young actor and the character he plays that keeps us so deeply invested in a show that's lost the right to expect that emotional investment from us a long time ago. And since January is Kurt Hummel Appreciation Month on tumblr, we will have plenty of company.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 12/31/2012, 10:46 am

Since I'm the one who posted the challenge, it's only right that I post the first answer.

Day 1) Favorite Kurt solo - This is a really tough one for me, because so many of Kurt's solos were more than just displays of his amazing voice, but touched me deeply emotionally. So many of Glee's most powerful emotional moments were expressed during Kurt's (all too rare) solos. This may be a cop out, but I can't pick just one.

The first is I Want To Hold Your Hand. This is the performance that set Kurt apart from just being a singer, but to be a true artist. This is a distinction that he holds above all the other members of the group, who tend to select songs that match their emotions. Kurt being able to take a song about young joyous love and turn into into a cry of longing for his ailing father was one of those moments where Glee managed to transend into one of those really great television moments that linger in your mind for many weeks later.

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 24 Tumblr_lv768a53aD1qa0b3lo1_250Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 24 Tumblr_lv768a53aD1qa0b3lo2_250Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 24 Tumblr_lv768a53aD1qa0b3lo5_250Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 24 Tumblr_lv768a53aD1qa0b3lo6_250

The second is As If We Never Said Goodbye. Again, this was a display of Kurt as an artisitic singer, lending enormous emotion that kept me rivited through the whole performance. There was an emotional vulnerability to the performance. Now this is nothing new for Kurt. We've seen him sing before when angry or anguished or in longing for something. But this was a song of pure, quiet joy. The homecoming of a lost soul that decided that the harder path is the one worth walking. And it still stands as the only song performed in its entirety with no edits because it would have been sacrilege to remove even a second of it. It still stands for me as a singular moment of Glee's history as DROMP was for Rachel. It was an utterly masterful performance, visually, vocally and emotionally and I've yet to hear anything since top it.

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 24 Tumblr_mef4r7IPtY1qmczy9o1_r1_250Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 24 Tumblr_mef4r7IPtY1qmczy9o8_r1_250Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 24 Tumblr_mef4r7IPtY1qmczy9o2_r1_250Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 24 Tumblr_mef4r7IPtY1qmczy9o3_r1_250Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 24 Tumblr_mef4r7IPtY1qmczy9o5_r1_250Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 24 Tumblr_mef4r7IPtY1qmczy9o6_r1_250Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 24 Tumblr_mef4r7IPtY1qmczy9o7_r1_250Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 24 Tumblr_mef4r7IPtY1qmczy9o4_r1_250

Honorable mentions (and this is not because I felt they were in any way lesser than the two I picked): Being Alive and Rosie's Turn.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 12/31/2012, 6:48 pm

Day 1) Favorite Kurt solo

I truly love all of them, but my all-time favorite is probably I Want To Hold Your Hand. If only because of how raw and heartbreakingly emotional it was. And how well it fit Kurt's storyline with his father in a coma and the flashbacks of his childhood with him, and how it revealed certain depths about Kurt's character - such as how dearly important touch is to him. I'd mention how gorgeous he sounds, but, I think he sounds gorgeous on every song so. wub

Honorable Mentions: Being Alive, As If We Never Said Goodbye, Blackbird, and Not the Boy Next Door

Yes, I'm lazy and copy and pasted from my post on Glee Forum I'm sorry. ooppss

Can I make a suggestion about Day 22 though? It's no secret the majority of posters in this forum aren't fond of Blaine. I used to be a huge Klainer, so it's no trouble for me to think of a favorite Klaine moment, but for the people who have always disliked him - or who dislike him so much now that all previous fond memories they had for Klaine have been soured - maybe that day should be your favorite Kurt/Person Of Your Choice moment instead? For example, your favorite Kurt/Finn moment, or Kurt/Rachel, or Kurt/Mercedes, etc. That way nobody feels alienated - and if someone would still like to choose a Kurt/Blaine moment, then of course that's fine too. hapitgh

Last edited by ColferGirl on 12/31/2012, 8:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 12/31/2012, 7:29 pm

Kurtsies do think alike, because, bar none, I want to hold your hand is my favorite solo. Not only because of the way Chris interpreted the song to show his sadness, but the scene itself was beautiful. Showing little Kurt and loving Burt accentuates this in a way no other solo on this show has done, and not just Kurt solos. No one's solo has ever shown this much of the persons heart and their pain. It was sang and shot perfectly, even the arrangement touched me.

I also agree with Ranwing, about As If We Never Said Goodbye. While it was long, for a Glee song, and that surprised me, Kurt never bored you. It was a wonderful performance. Kurt was back in his element, and it showed. He was truly happy.

Roses Turn has it's own honorable mention, because it was the first time (to my recollection) that we really saw Kurt's anger and frustration. He has been resigned, and put upon, but attacking his relationship with his father made him pissed. After seeing him try to hard to be the son he believed his father wanted, and then his father going to hang with Finn, it was also perfectly done. Kurt's biggest emotional moment so far in the show. Kurt wants to be the son he believes his father wants, but that fights with his need to express who he is, and Kurt has a strong sense of self, so you really felt his turmoil. Kurt knows that the "real" Kurt isn't well accepted in Lima, but that doesn't stop him. Unlike everyone else in teendom, he doesn't try to fit in, or compromise himself to be popular. Something you saw Finn and Quinn anguishing over, even Santana was afraid of what people would think if they found out she was a lesbian. Kurt wanted to be Kurt, and found that the one person who truly mattered loved that Kurt, his father. So everyone else could just go screw themselves, because, dammit, Kurt Hummel is great as he is. An aside, it annoyed me that Mr Schue took Kurt aside when he sang Pink Houses for "not being himself", but never utilized Kurt Hummel to a fraction that he could have. Yes, it was the writing, but it still grates on my nerves.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 12/31/2012, 8:21 pm

As you can tell by my signature and avatar, "As If We Never Said Goodbye" is hands down my favorite Chris/Kurt performance. I'll take it a step further and say that it is hands down the best individual performance on Glee. And I'll take it another step further and say that it is one of my all time favorite TV moments ever. The song was beautifully performed, and the scene was beautifully shot. The song and the performance really perfectly captured the triumph of Kurt's return to McKinley.

Most of you probably already know this, but some of you may not. I went to see Chris at the New Yorker Festival, and got the chance to ask him a question about it (and tell him that it was one of the greatest TV moments ever). You can find the audio of my question here:

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com/post/11080080224/here-is-the-question-that-i-asked-chris-colfer-at
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 12/31/2012, 8:31 pm

My favorite Kurt solo is I want to holld your Hand.There are many reasons why, but the main reasons have already been posted by other posters who are better at posting reviews than I am. I must say the performance was very very heartfelt.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Adamina 12/31/2012, 8:32 pm

My absolute favorite is AIWNSG with I Wanna Hold Your Hand coming second. AIWNSG is just the ultimate performance on Glee in my view, and Kurt's voice is so amazingly breathtakingly beautiful in it.

Rose's Turn gets an honorable mention because that's really the only angry song I can think of that he's ever gotten and he did it so well wub And of course there have been so many moments on the show where I reallyreallyreally wanted him to sing an angry song (post- The Break-Up comes to mind) and Rose's Turn is the only time it actually happened Rolling Eyes

Being Alive is not one of my favorite Kurt solos on the show. The full, uncut version that you can buy on iTunes is great and definitely one of my favorites, but I didn't like how they cut it in the episode. Also, the moment in the show was just sort of a letdown for me, though I can't really articulate why... I think I would have preferred that Carmen cite his thin application as the reason he wasn't accepted rather than him not being vulnerable/emotional enough in his performance- because maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think Rachel was very vulnerable in her performance either!
Adamina
Adamina
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 12/31/2012, 11:28 pm

I'm already playing this game on GF, so I'll just copy and paste:

Favorite solo: I Have Nothing.

I know it wasn't perfect technically and he overstepped just a little bit, but it was so, so hauntingly beautiful. It was a wonderful, honest tribute to WH, and the emotions in it never fail to tear me up whenever I hear that song. wub

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 24 Tumblr_m8nz53L9uh1qm3vvso2_500

However:
The song that will always be the Kurt song for me is 'A House Is Not a Home'. As I skipped a few episodes of season 1, I missed Kurt's first solo 'Defying Gravity' and the Madonna episode. AHINAH was therefore the first Kurt song I saw, and it made me fall in love with Kurt and his voice, and Chris' acting. wub

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 24 Tumblr_ma3i75HksR1qbnvfdo2_250 Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 24 Tumblr_ma3i75HksR1qbnvfdo3_250
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 12/31/2012, 11:28 pm

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 24 Tumblr_mfwwu3cUB91qe476yo1_500

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 24 CollageHappyNewYear-1_zps49e60b8b
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 12/31/2012, 11:34 pm

Well, he gave the East Coast their Happy New Year, I wonder if he'll tweet again for the West. I like the snippets of Chris' accomplishments this year. A book, a movie, a play with A list actors, and a couple of unforgettable characters that he played. Waiting to see if he can top that in 2013.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next