Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4

+33
CloveGlee
ColferGirl
zuppid
Sani
indiaskye
sjonnepon
M&M
coxfire
Piciollina
Adamina
bayth
msjoanlucette
ChrisColferFan1
MissSoniaPP
tamara04
Ranwing
ladydianab
valkeakuulas
sheny
tanita_mors
BlueJazz
dap1217
sahhar
fantastica
Divalicious
Delight
Jellyrolls
arina
brisallie
Glorfindel
Ireth
Kurt Hummel
ColferInspired
37 posters

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 32 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4

Post  zuppid 1/13/2013, 5:49 am

TUMBLR is going nuts over "Disneyland Boy"
But they are not derespectful...just curious
zuppid
zuppid
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 32 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4

Post  sheny 1/13/2013, 6:14 am

zuppid wrote:TUMBLR is going nuts over "Disneyland Boy"

It really is crazy there Smile Some fans saw the boy at
SBL's LA Q&A
“It was so funny because disneyland guy totally smirked at us”
“the guy from disneyland was here and he followed chris out”
and there was a photo of him hugging Hannah at SBL's premiere.
I think Chris's fans are happy that maybe there is someone in his life who loves him, supports him and makes him happy. They are just curious to know who that person is.

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 32 Tumblr_mgk3fw81Nw1qfrd5do4_1280
Isn't he gorgeous? Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 32 Tumblr_mgk2fcOJPs1qh4ldbo1_1280 wub Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 32 Tumblr_mgk2fcOJPs1qh4ldbo2_1280Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 32 Tumblr_mgk3gr4PT11qh4ldbo2_1280Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 32 Tumblr_mgk3gr4PT11qh4ldbo1_r1_1280

Last edited by sheny on 1/14/2013, 4:59 am; edited 2 times in total

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 1/13/2013, 6:25 am

Well, he was there at the premiere, and fans are saying he was wearing a matching jacket or cardigan to what Chris was wearing on stage.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 1/13/2013, 6:31 am

ColferInspired wrote:

Well, he was there at the premiere, and fans are saying he was wearing a matching jacket or cardigan to what Chris was wearing on stage.
Awww, that's so cute.

A video from the Q&A but I couldn't find part 1.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 1/13/2013, 8:08 am

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 32 Tumblr_mgk857DBn41rk63wco1_r2_1280Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 32 Tumblr_mgk857DBn41rk63wco10_r2_1280

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  zuppid 1/13/2013, 8:18 am

he looks so tired
zuppid
zuppid
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 1/13/2013, 8:19 am

banzai Those pictures definite look like he just slept on an airplane. The poor kid must be exhausted from all the craziness this week. And I would assume he is flying back to NY today at some point for the Kelly and Michael show

I hope people were respectful to Disneyland boy last night. I hope no one approached him and crossed boundaries.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ladydianab 1/13/2013, 1:51 pm

I thought that he looked really tired as well. I think that this is the first time that I actually think I see the bags under his eyes in a picture.

Wonder if there are any more pics of the blonde guy (I hate the tag Disneyland boy) it may be my imagination but I think he was in the Halloween pics. I don't exactly remember.
ladydianab
ladydianab
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  zuppid 1/13/2013, 2:29 pm

ladydianab wrote:I thought that he looked really tired as well. I think that this is the first time that I actually think I see the bags under his eyes in a picture.

Wonder if there are any more pics of the blonde guy (I hate the tag Disneyland boy) it may be my imagination but I think he was in the Halloween pics. I don't exactly remember.
You remember well
zuppid
zuppid
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 1/13/2013, 2:44 pm

zuppid wrote:Chris Colfer leaves “Anderson Live” after making an appearance on the show.
Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 32 Tumblr_mgjh3pDcjL1qayexuo1_1280

He looks mighty fine as you have said, I like his clothing.

sheny wrote:
“(about his new upcoming move) I just wanted to know either the title, or your character name in it?”

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 32 Tumblr_mgjz114ihs1qfphyto1_250..

Is Carl Jung a well knonw psychiatrist, right?

And about Disneyland's boy, I've read that some crisscolfes have said he's his cousin. I'm not sure if that could be a possibility or they making excuses to not accept that he's possibly his bf.

And this boy needs to sleep in his bed!!! He looks so tired :(
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/13/2013, 7:18 pm

People should just respect privacy boundaries and stop being nosey about that blonde guy (I also dislike the "Disneylandboy" name). For all we know he could be Chris' cousin (he was seen with Chris' sister and mom), or maybe even one of his PR or managing team. Just think how embarrassing that might be if he or his family/co-workers (or Chris) reads all this stuff about him possibly dating Chris (let alone the posts where people are using sexual terms to describe their relationship).

I'm taking the rest of my post about this to the snark&bark thread.

sheny wrote:A video from the Q&A but I couldn't find part 1.
Here are all the parts:

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  zuppid 1/13/2013, 9:02 pm

I suggest to take it easy...It doesn't seem to me so out of the world being a bit curious...People who are fighting over tumblr are just kids.But there are plenty of Chris fans who are just innocently curious about the whole thing.
I'm for sure!
The day Chris will be spotted with someone and some gossip blog will post the fact I will check out the blog for sure
zuppid
zuppid
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/13/2013, 9:32 pm

^I'm responding to this in the snark & bark.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 1/14/2013, 7:38 am

Q&A with Chris Colfer about his new movie “Struck by Lightning”

Struck by Lightning,” a coming-of-age film written by Chris Colfer of “Glee,” portrays the life of 17-year-old Clover High School senior Carson Phillips (Colfer), who is desperate to get out of his small town where the people around him are close-minded and lack ambition. Carson is an aspiring journalist surrounded by stereotypical high school students—the jocks, the goths, the cheerleaders—a deadbeat, alcoholic mother, and a father who left him as a child and returns years later with a pregnant fiancé. The movie starts with Carson being killed by a bolt of lightning while the rest of the movie recounts his last few weeks alive through a flashback narrated by Carson. Through his failure to run the school paper, his scheme to blackmail popular students into writing for his literary magazine, and his blossoming relationship with his only friend at school, Melanie (Rebel Wilson), the sarcastic and unhappy Carson learns in his last days alive that sometimes getting too wrapped up in life can be dangerous. Colfer’s witty independent film shows that despite life’s unpredictability, dreams and aspirations are necessary aspects of life.

High Tide: How does it feel to see a book you wrote come to life?

Chris Colfer: Amazing. I think the best feeling I’ve ever had. It kind of like holding your child but less fluid.

HT: When you were writing your script did you always envision yourself to be the lead character?

CC: It was always me. I was always very vain when I wrote it. I definitely wrote it for myself and I quickly learned that if you want to do something you have to do it for yourself. I always had myself and Allison Janning in mind.

HT: Why did you write about moments that were so much happier instead of saving that for the end?

CC: With hard times and sadness comes knowledge and experience. you always learn from hardships. If you write a book about nothing but positivity then you probably wouldn’t have walked away with as much.

HT: In high school what was your “struck by lightning” moment?

CC: My “struck by lightning” moment in high school was around the same time that Carson was struck by lightning. [Carson and I] were both in a very defeated state of mind, we were both trying to run the writers’ club, we were both trying to accomplish what seemed like absolutely impossible and were completely underappreciated for it, and rather than dying I just thought, ‘Oh, this would make a great movie.’ I still remember the exact spot that I was when I had the idea. I was walking to my car just like Carson was when he got struck by lightning.

HT: What was your inspiration to make the film even though you knew in high school that Journalism is such a hard club or hobby that not many people pay attention to?

CC: I was tired of movies coming out that were geared towards our audience that I didn’t relate to. They were always about the same people—the jocks, and the cheerleaders, and the people that wanted to be them. I got really frustrated especially because they were all about sex and drugs and parties and I wasn’t participating in any of those things, and I really wanted to see a movie about kids like us that had dreams and goals and the crap they had to deal with just for having the audacity to have those dreams and goals. I thought a movie like that would be 10 times more beneficial.

HT: What do you think the biggest similarity and difference between you and Carson?

CC: The biggest similarity would be that we were both very ambitious kids and annoyed the hell out of everyone. The biggest difference is that I internalized everything and Carson spoke his mind

HT: Why wasn’t Carson’s death a huge surprise? Why did you make it so clear in the beginning that he was going to die?

CC: I wanted him to be dead so that he could have the sarcastic narration of his funeral and his death. I also wanted the movie to get to a point where the audience had the upper-hand over the characters, so the audience knew that it was going to happen, but the characters didn’t. I think that kind of makes it more tragic because I think as Carson goes about blackmailing his peers the audience kind of roots for him and the audience is saying ‘Yeah. Yeah, he’s going to do it’ but then they realize ‘No, he’s dead. Or is he? Is he going to die? Was that real? Did he survive it?’ So I just like playing with people’s emotions, basically.

HT: What is the significance behind the main character being killed by lightning?

CC: Originally the idea that came to me was what would happen if someone like Carson got killed or got struck by lightning in the student parking lot. That came to me first and I kind of made it symbolic in a way and made lightning kind of like what an idea is like, when a writer gets an idea or realizes something for the first time. It hits them and goes through their body and tries to escape and be expressed in any way possible, much like electricity. What he realizes is that he can be happy despite not achieving all that he wanted to. I thought that was the greatest idea or realization that he had in his young life and that was when he got struck by lightning. It started off as a funny way to kill off the character but it ended up having a bit of a deeper meaning.

HT: There are various scenes with Carson’s grandmother that are very sad. Does that stem from anything that went on in your life?

CC: No, I never knew anyone or had any family members that had Alzheimer’s, but I was very close to my grandmother and I wanted him to have a close relationship with his grandmother too. I wanted him to have a mentor and a champion that was kind of an outsider from his nuclear family. I thought would be interesting if she had Alzheimer’s and the greatest influence in his life didn’t know who he was.

HT: Who was the audience you were addressing and what do you think they can gain from this film?

CC: I think I was hoping it would be geared towards teenagers. I always hope that it will be an appreciative teenage audience and try to make it as real as possible. I was hoping that kids would appreciate that it was written by a young person, not a 40 year old trying to sound like a teenager. Hopefully, it’s a movie that inspires people to find their potential themselves and their goals. So whoever can take that message away, I hope they get it.

HT: What was your inspiration for the movie?

CC: The inspirations for the movie was just based off of my own daily frustrations of high school, the arguments I would get into with my teachers and my peers, and I thought it was so ridiculous, the things that I had to do to keep the writer’s club at my school alive and I thought it would be a hysterical movie about a kid who had to do the same.

HT: Did the cast portray characters as you imagined?

CC: Oh, even better, I’d say. We have such an amazing cast. I never thought we could get such a great group of people together to do this movie. It’s crazy because I’ve read the script a million times but I’d be on set and watch other people say it and other people enact it and I’d be in awe. Especially Alisson Janney and Polly [Bergen] and Dermot [Mulroney]. It was amazing what people brought to it. They really brought it to life.

HT: What advice do you have for kids who are pursuing their dreams?

CC: My best advice would be to not give up and not let the fact that there are other people at your school that are competitive like you discourage you. Overall, don’t let other people’s lack of imagination discourage yours. I was always intimidated by people in high school and I thought everyone was smarter than me and good-looking and smelled better and all that. And I was right, but you can’t let being intimidated take away your drive.

HT: The students at school have talent and dreams, but they don’t have th drive or the motivation to pursue them. And they end up not doing much with their lives. What would your advice be to get these people moving?

CC: I have known so many people like that and it’s amazing how many people have so much potential and they don’t see it for themselves. I think it depends on how badly you want it and how badly you want to get out there and do something is going to determine if you do or not. If someone can’t, unfortunately, see their potential, then they’ll never think outside the box. So, I think you have to understand and ask yourself how badly you want it first. You have to ask yourself what you want, period. And then ask yourself what you’re willing to do and where you should go to accomplish it. I think you just have to ask yourself a lot of important questions. Is this really something I want to do with my life? Am I going to be happy? It’s so frustrating to watch people that you know have potential to go on and do greater things but they just don’t see it for themselves. Unfortunately, you can only do so much.

HT: If you could choose one word to describe this movie, what would it be and why?

CC: Enlightening. Get it? Hopefully, when people watch it they’ll be enlightened. I hope it opens people’s eyes to themselves and their potential.

HT: How has the film, “Struck by Lightning,” differ from anything you’ve done before, such as Glee?

CC: Whenever I flub a line on Glee, the script supervisor comes up and says ‘Chris, you got the line wrong’ and then tells me what the right line is. Whenever I would flub a line on Struck by Lightning, the script supervisor would come up and say ‘Chris, you got the line wrong’ and I’d just say, ‘Nope, I rewrote it.’ That was the biggest difference. It’s really nice to kind of create a character and not ask anyone any questions about it. Carson was a figure of my own creation so I knew everything about him. I didn’t have to ask a writer anything about him. I knew all the answers. Whereas in Glee, I’d have to ask someone ‘Should I play the scene like this?’ or ‘Should I say this line like this? If I say this line happy will it affect a future episode or if I say it sad and not affect a future episode?’

HT: Did any of the bullying that Carson experienced have anything to do with your past?

CC: Yes, I’d say so. Except Carson never let himself be a victim and I think I always let myself be the victim and let people pick on me. I had some great one-liner comebacks but they were never quite as good as Carson’s.

HT: Is there anything you would change or that you regret doing in terms of acting or writing?

CC: Always. I don’t think there’s a single thing that I’ve done that I can’t watch now and say, ‘Oh, I should have done that differently’ or ‘Oh, I should have re-written that line’ or ‘Oh I wish I could go back and do that,’ but I think it’s kind of the nature of the biz. Nothing is ever going to be perfect especially when we do it. I’ve just got to get used to the fact that I’ll never be 100% satisfied, but that’s good. I think that just gives you a better perspective for the next project.

HT: Can you talk about your passion for writing and how that eventually led you to acting?

CC: For me, when I was a little kid I think I got bit by the acting bug and the writing bug at the same time because it’s all pretend for me and I love playing pretend. Even when I was little I was a bit of a writer because all my action figures had great story lines when I played with them. I think it’s all story-telling. As long as I’m telling a story in some format, whether I’m in front of the camera, behind the camera, beside the camera, writing for the camera, writing for a novel, as long as I’m telling someone a story, I think I’m happy

January 13, 2013, hightideonline.org

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 1/14/2013, 1:20 pm

from Anderson live
Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 32 Tumblr_inline_mgmhosoN8x1r1gcr0Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 32 Tumblr_mgmjllbbUg1rk63wco1_1280

"He has a massive fanbase, my cat."
— Chris Colfer at Anderson Live
Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 32 Tumblr_mgmhkvHA5P1qe476yo1_1280 Razz

from LIVE with Kelly and Michael
Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 32 Tumblr_mgme6gFkRF1r6msjwo1_1280

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 1/14/2013, 2:52 pm

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  zuppid 1/14/2013, 3:41 pm

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 32 Tumblr_mgmlv6KUHK1qfcdl6o1_250Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 32 Tumblr_mgmlv6KUHK1qfcdl6o2_250
Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 32 Tumblr_mgmlv6KUHK1qfcdl6o3_250Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 32 Tumblr_mgmlv6KUHK1qfcdl6o4_250

Why there are no pictures from Kelly and Michael? mince
zuppid
zuppid
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 1/14/2013, 5:29 pm

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  zuppid 1/14/2013, 5:42 pm

Firt,I LOVELOVELOVE this outfit

Second...I LIKE THE "SPOILERS" but better talk elesewhere Smile
zuppid
zuppid
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 1/14/2013, 6:23 pm

Thank you everyone for posting these lovely videos!!

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ladydianab 1/14/2013, 8:54 pm

Did anyone see the Anderson Live interview today? On the AL website someone posted in comments asking if Chris interview will be aired later due to Obama speech. I was at work and missed everything today!
ladydianab
ladydianab
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ladydianab 1/14/2013, 10:10 pm

I found the Anderson Live interview on You Tube. Did he really only speak for 5min? Or is there more I am missing?
ladydianab
ladydianab
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  zuppid 1/15/2013, 1:10 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0D9AhtFzUHM
It's complete.People who attended the taping said it was super short
zuppid
zuppid
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 1/15/2013, 1:23 am

zuppid wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0D9AhtFzUHM
It's complete.People who attended the taping said it was super short

Chris probably had other places where he had to be. Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 32 4247136565

Maybe next time the interview will be longer, if he ever comes back on the show someday.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 1/15/2013, 3:44 am

This is the whole video of Chris on Anderson.
Chris on Anderson Live

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next