Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3x22 "Goodbye" Watch & Discussion thread

+28
Ireth
Emile
dap1217
tanita_mors
Heyerchick
valkeakuulas
Delight
Glorfindel
BlueJazz
arina
happydays
msjoanlucette
sheny
Vir Cotto
Buenos
ColferInspired
ChrisColferFan1
Catt24
sahhar
CloveGlee
M&M
fantastica
kac
Divalicious
Dame Loli
brisallie
Jellyrolls
paulopf
32 posters

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down

3x22 "Goodbye" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Empty Re: 3x22 "Goodbye" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Buenos 5/23/2012, 12:59 am

Kurt will be going to New York but it's going to be anticlimactic.

The thing is, now they can conveniently not let him sing in New York because he's not in a NYADA musical theatre program.

Fuck this show.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

3x22 "Goodbye" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Empty Re: 3x22 "Goodbye" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Buenos 5/23/2012, 1:00 am

There is actually a consistency in how they treat Kurt. They ruined the "courtship" with Blaine so at the end by the time they got together it didn't seem like a triumph for Kurt but rather that Blaine settled for him. The bullying arc resulted in Santana solving his problems, ditto his humiliation in the WSS auditions, the class president defeat, etc. They denied his having competition solos/leads by making the audience think that Kurt's NYADA audition/acceptance was his moment of triumph. They made him miserable for most of the season because of his chances to get into NYADA. So he triumphs in his audition, And even that was stolen from him.

Even if he does get to New York, and even if he does eventually get into NYADA, once again, they've fucked him over with so much angst that it leaves a bad taste regardless.

And this is what they want the Kurt fans to have as their summer hiatus "gift" by having him rejected for NYADA.

The don't seem to want to give Kurt an unqualified triumph in anything and at this point I think it's safe to say they are obsessed with having Kurt lose sadistically in everything.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/23/2012, 1:04 am

fantastica wrote:^ ok stephan king didn't really say that. check that link. it was a parody by the fans.

I know, I just liked it. 3x22 "Goodbye" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 4247136565
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Vir Cotto 5/23/2012, 1:05 am

Kurt will probably magically gain admittance to some fashion school in NY, or maybe get an internship, and that's where he'll meet SJP. This will satisfy all the people who don't want him to sing, while still keeping him on the show.

The haters win. Kurt has been silenced.
Vir Cotto
Vir Cotto
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 5/23/2012, 1:07 am

Vir Cotto wrote:Kurt will probably magically gain admittance to some fashion school in NY, or maybe get an internship, and that's where he'll meet SJP. This will satisfy all the people who don't want him to sing, while still keeping him on the show.

I think you could be right. And that makes me sad :(
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 5/23/2012, 1:09 am

M&M wrote:

I will say that looking at the Klaine tag, I am shocked by the number of Klainers who are pissed about Kurt not getting into NYADA. It surprised me.

Kudos to the sane klainers. I haven't dared venture through the klaine tag, but from rebloggings I already saw one applauding "RIB's master plan", cause Kurt not getting into NYADA will surely mean more klisses and Kurt/Blaine becoming the new Finchel. And another one pretending to be upset about Kurt/Blaine's lack of PDA, cause "gay males deserve equal opportunities". Of course, as if PDA would have proven that better than Kurt getting into the college after he killed his audition, over the straight girl who ruined hers. Rolling Eyes
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/23/2012, 1:09 am

I totally see it too.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  CloveGlee 5/23/2012, 1:27 am

Vir Cotto wrote:Kurt will probably magically gain admittance to some fashion school in NY, or maybe get an internship, and that's where he'll meet SJP. This will satisfy all the people who don't want him to sing, while still keeping him on the show.

Yep. And remember how we were all wondering how he could be refused any competition solos and yet get into NYADA? That's been answered forever. He's not good enough. It's not incompatible anymore. They have now made the whole thing consistent.

Kurt can't sing well enough to achieve anything with it. That's the direction they chose to go to reconcile the cognitive dissonance.

He will sing very little, I suspect, from now on.

CloveGlee
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  kac 5/23/2012, 1:30 am

CloveGlee wrote:

Yep. And remember how we were all wondering how he could be refused any competition solos and yet get into NYADA? That's been answered forever. He's not good enough. It's not incompatible anymore. They have now made the whole thing consistent.

Kurt can't sing well enough to achieve anything with it. That's the direction they chose to go to reconcile the cognitive dissonance.

He will sing very little, I suspect, from now on.

And this is why I won't be tuning in to season 4.
kac
kac
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 5/23/2012, 1:31 am

So the lesson we get from this episode is 'Fail your audition, stalk the dean and you will get in.' There is no way this could happen in real life. But maybe I should try this. I have exams coming in 2 weeks, so I won't study, I will fail, then I'm gonna stalk my professors, call them on the phone at least 14 times, send the muffin baskets, go and interrupt their classes and beg until they give me 'A' or 'A-'. I won't complain much.
I'm so tired of this show I can't even get angry anymore. I read the comments here before watching the show, so I'm happy I was prepared.
Am I a bad person because I'm happy Finn didn't get in too. I kind of like him, but I would be angry if he got in and Kurt was the only one who wasn't accepted.
The only ones who are happy in the Glee fandom right now are the Rachel Berry fans, except Finchel fans of course. Thanks to RIB everybody else looks mad and hates Rachel.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  msjoanlucette 5/23/2012, 2:00 am

I'm writing this without having read anyone else's yet. But I will soon.
the woes of living in california is that most of u.s. has already watched it. >.<
anyway, I was spoiled and found out early that Kurt wasn't getting in. Not going to lie, threw my sunglasses across the room in anger. and had to fix it. -.-

I found the beginning really sad. It almost made me cry. I loved the part with Kurt/Burt. It was really sweet. I have mixed feelings about how they kept doing flashbacks. But I think overall I liked that.
They seem to be typing up loose ends.
Kurt's song was amazing. Wasn't expecting Klaine to stay together.
was very glad I knew early though that he wouldn't get in or else I would've screamed at the tv. I'm so confused on why he didn't get in though. Nothing good ever happens to people I like. I hate my life. :/

freaking glee. stupid cliff hangers.
msjoanlucette
msjoanlucette
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  happydays 5/23/2012, 2:00 am

You know, when Finn and Kurt didn't get accepted, for a second I thought Rachel's not getting in too. I thought they might all do something entirely different and exciting in NY together. But what was I thinking? The girl who messed up her audition and stalked the dean got in, while Kurt, who nailed his (it's been acknowledged by EVERYONE) didn't. Through the last five minutes of the Rachel show I was still hoping to get some kind of explanation/wrap up for his story but no: Kurt is now 'without a future'.

I think next year he'll get into fashion but it's already ruined. This season's whole journey, his passion about becoming a performer. Great, glee is all about how dreams don't come true for people who deserve it.

This was the first episode I've cursed through so much. Fuck you Glee. I've lost all respect for you I had left. I'll still be watching for Chris but I hate this show.
happydays
happydays
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 5/23/2012, 2:08 am

happydays wrote:You know, when Finn and Kurt didn't get accepted, for a second I thought Rachel's not getting in too. I thought they might all do something entirely different and exciting in NY together. But what was I thinking? The girl who messed up her audition and stalked the dean got in, while Kurt, who nailed his (it's been acknowledged by EVERYONE) didn't. Through the last five minutes of the Rachel show I was still hoping to get some kind of explanation/wrap up for his story but no: Kurt is now 'without a future'.

I think next year he'll get into fashion but it's already ruined. This season's whole journey, his passion about becoming a performer. Great, glee is all about how dreams don't come true for people who deserve it.

This was the first episode I've cursed through so much. Fuck you Glee. I've lost all respect for you I had left. I'll still be watching for Chris but I hate this show.

That's what upset me so much. Yes he might do something else entirely and still go to New York, but now it feels like all these 3 years of us watching Kurt go through his journey, the struggles, the pain, the bullying, the heartbreak, everything was completely pointless. What a pathetic way to end his journey in Season 3.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  CloveGlee 5/23/2012, 2:10 am

This is bothering me, how much this hurts. It feels almost like they are deliberately punishing us for being his fans. This has actually tipped over the edge into the level of bizarre and worrisome. The last two years for Kurt Hummel have been a devastating nightmare.

- Shamed and abused for loving Finn; defined as "sexual harassment"
- Made the victim of real sexual harassment and death threats
- forced to change schools
- forced to give up a large section of his individuality to change schools
- forced to give up a number of opportunities everybody else got, including the Super Bowl episode and the car commercial, and he was written out of one episode entirely
- Elected Prom Queen
- Forced to allow his tormentor to follow him all over school once he returned
- Never allowed a single opportunity to shine in competition
- Failed his WSS Story Audition
- Failed to be Class President
- Failed to get into NYADA
- Failed to be allowed to create any future of any kind whatsoever for himself

This... Hell, this HURTS. This is NASTY.

In show about the triumph of the underdogs..
And yes, the storyline for Kurt Hummel, gay kid, ultimate underdog is... hey, buddy. Sucks to be you.

Last edited by CloveGlee on 5/23/2012, 2:13 am; edited 1 time in total

CloveGlee
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 5/23/2012, 2:12 am

CloveGlee wrote:This is bothering me, how much this hurts. It feels almost like they are deliberately punishing us for being his fans. This has actually tipped over the edge into the level of bizarre and worrisome. The last two years for Kurt Hummel have been a devastating nightmare.

- Shamed and abused for loving Finn; defined as "sexual harassment"
- Made the victim of real sexual harassment and death threats
- forced to change schools
- forced to give up a large section of his individuality to change schools
- forced to give up a number of opportunities everybody else got, including the Super Bowl episode and the car commercial, and he was written out of one episode entirely
- Elected Prom Queen
- Forced to allow his tormentor to follow him all over school once he returned
- Never allowed a single opportunity to shine in competition
- Failed his WSS Story Audition
- Failed to be Class President
- Failed to get into NYADA
- Failed to be allowed to create any future of any kind whatsoever for himself

This... Hell, this HURTS. This is NASTY.

THIS.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  msjoanlucette 5/23/2012, 2:13 am

I am so pissed off right now. Like, his audition was amazing.
Does this mean no spin-off? My thoughts are no. Why couldn't Kurt have gotten in? even if he goes into fashion or another school I'll always hate the fact he didn't get what he originally wanted.
Did they make him stay because of Klaine? because if they did . -.- Stupid glee. I really didn't want to watch next season. But now they're forcing Kurt to stay. What's the revolutionary idea?
That they would all stay behind to specifically follow certain characters? glee can't go on forever!
They didn't even show more of Kurt's emotion behind the fact he didn't get in.

msjoanlucette
msjoanlucette
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/23/2012, 2:16 am

Dare i say it, it';s almost like they have a sick creepy thing for punishing the openly gay kid. It's a self loathing hatred the writers have towards Kurt Hummell.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 5/23/2012, 2:18 am

Sometimes I wonder what goes on inside Ryan Murphy's sick head.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 5/23/2012, 2:34 am

Buenos wrote:Dare i say it, it';s almost like they have a sick creepy thing for punishing the openly gay kid. It's a self loathing hatred the writers have towards Kurt Hummell.

Yup. This is disheartening. Apparently, being a "sissy" is the ultimate sin, cause Blaine doesn't get it bad at all and Karofsky at least got everyone's compassion and Kurt's support.
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 5/23/2012, 2:43 am

Hours later and this still hurts.
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 5/23/2012, 2:44 am

M&M wrote:Hours later and this still hurts.

Same here. I need therapy I think.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/23/2012, 2:54 am

paulopf wrote:
Buenos wrote:Dare i say it, it';s almost like they have a sick creepy thing for punishing the openly gay kid. It's a self loathing hatred the writers have towards Kurt Hummell.

Yup. This is disheartening. Apparently, being a "sissy" is the ultimate sin, cause Blaine doesn't get it bad at all and Karofsky at least got everyone's compassion and Kurt's support.

I haven't even seen this episode and have been crying, knowing what Kurt has gone through. This is a fuck you to all the kids that have been bullied, that are like Kurt. And a fuck you to the Trevor Project.

Now poor Chris will have to defend these dickheads and face questions about Kurt. He has other things to do than fix their stupid messes. 3x22 "Goodbye" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 3181402168
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 5/23/2012, 3:03 am

Very satisfying storyline indeed

3x22 "Goodbye" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Tumblr_m4gncrZuhZ1qb8p29o1_250 3x22 "Goodbye" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Tumblr_m4gncrZuhZ1qb8p29o2_250
3x22 "Goodbye" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Tumblr_m4gncrZuhZ1qb8p29o3_2503x22 "Goodbye" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Tumblr_m4gncrZuhZ1qb8p29o4_250

Sourcehttp://blaineisapizza.tumblr.com/post/23595834198
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  CloveGlee 5/23/2012, 3:54 am

arina wrote:Very satisfying storyline indeed

3x22 "Goodbye" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Tumblr_m4gncrZuhZ1qb8p29o1_250 3x22 "Goodbye" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Tumblr_m4gncrZuhZ1qb8p29o2_250
3x22 "Goodbye" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Tumblr_m4gncrZuhZ1qb8p29o3_2503x22 "Goodbye" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Tumblr_m4gncrZuhZ1qb8p29o4_250

Sourcehttp://blaineisapizza.tumblr.com/post/23595834198

I really enjoyed how funny and uplifting it was. So inspirational. Maybe he should go get struck by lightning.

CloveGlee
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 5/23/2012, 4:16 am

Wow, I come here late because I overslept (the time difference really killing me...) and I can't believe we got 2 fingers in this finale. Kurt doesn't get in and Klaine stay together ! :angry: :angry: :angry: I think I may need to throw something. Rachel's fans must be celebrating with joy right now and so happy that only their perfect girl get into NYADA Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

I'm definitely not watching S4 until there's a Kurt's triumph moment. :angry:

I feel like we've been to polite to RIB all this time. I don't have energy to send any hate tweets to them now but i can't promise I won't do it later :angry: :angry: :angry:

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next