Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3x17 "Dance with Somebody" Watch & Discussion thread

+31
CloveGlee
M&M
Shinra17
BlueJazz
red texta
Jake667
Ireth
Kurt Hummel
happydays
sjonnepon
dap1217
Glorfindel
Emile
tanita_mors
valkeakuulas
Delight
ColferInspired
emilynna
arina
mellama
ColferGirl
angelnessa
brisallie
sahhar
kac
Buenos
Divalicious
fantastica
paulopf
Dame Loli
Jellyrolls
35 posters

Page 6 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

3x17 "Dance with Somebody" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 Empty Re: 3x17 "Dance with Somebody" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Ireth 4/25/2012, 7:38 pm

I actually liked this episode because of all the Kurt. And the Kurt-Burt scene was perfect, it made me cry. (Imagine little Kurt trying to make Paella and waking up his dad because of nightmares wub)

And I also found Will walking in on the last song really emotional-it reminded me of DSB in the pilot.

As for Klaine conflict, I was surprised to find I was feeling really bad for Blaine, until he tried to say him texting Sebastian was OK, but Kurt did something really unforgivable, then showed his anger at Kurt in front of everyone. That really pissed me off. Other than that their fight was believable and I sympathized with both of them. I do wish Kurt had been allowed to complain about some of his pet peeves about Blaine.

I think it's really unfair that Kurt had to stop all contact with Chandler (who wasn't even making concrete plans to date Kurt or anything, just sending him pickup lines) while Blaine was allowed to have contact with Sebastian for many episodes after Kurt had said he didn't like Sebastian's behaviour (and Sebastian was actively trying to get into Blaine's pants). Kurt and Blaine just talked about texts being innocent, nothing happening, not liking the guy etc. but Glee failed to highlight the main point IMO, which was the fact that the texting was done behind the boyfriend's back. I find it weird that neither Kurt nor Blaine brought up this point, as it was the worst part IMO. And how come Blaine threw a tantrum at Kurt's behaviour but Kurt didn't call Blaine out on his behaviour after the Lima Bean scene in Michael? Communicating with someone who's interested in you without your boyfriend's knowledge isn't good, and Blaine behaved worse because Sebastian was actively trying to break him and his boyfriend up. Unless they're trying to say that all the texting and Blaine calling Sebastian happened between Uptown Girl and the first Lima Bean scene with Sebastian and so the texts were still family friendly? dryy

Last edited by Ireth on 4/25/2012, 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Changing "worst" to "worse" for grammar)
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

3x17 "Dance with Somebody" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 Empty Re: 3x17 "Dance with Somebody" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  brisallie 4/25/2012, 8:49 pm

Finally I watched with subs so here are my feelings:

I need to start with Klaine first because was the storyline I put more attention. I think both have should discusses their problems before and not suddenly because Kurt started to texting with a guy, but then I remember we haven't seen any real interaction between them since EP5, so now we realize this apparently "perfect" relationship has some troubles. I understand Kurt when he expressed he wanted to feel flattering, loved again how probably he felt at the beginning of the relationship and this boy Chandler was giving him that compliments but I still think he wasn't cheating because they only were doing texting despite some comment not so innocent from Chandler like the "asp" but what I meant is they didn't go further like seen again to each other or making out, that would have been a whole new level; however what Rachel told to Kurt makes think that maybe this wasn't actually an innocent texting so Why Kurt doesn't tell Blaine? Or maybe he knew he was gonna overreacting, what makes me move to the next point: Blaine.
Blaine can't say to Kurt that what happened with Sebastian is not the same because he didn't like him so that enough to keep in touch with the boy that was nasty toward Kurt and quoting Kurt "The guy that almost blinded him" and since the beginning was clear about his intentions to get into Blaine's pants? besides personally I don't think so Kurt likes romantically Chandler, I think both of them get along well but for Kurt is someone who's making feel good but is he really expecting to have a romance with him? At the end it seemed it was because he told Chandler to stop sending him messages or a way to be in peace with Blaine.

Lets talk about the other couples, Joe/Quinn, Still don't get what are they doing with Quinn humhum Where's the girl that said whe want to be an independent woman and only worried about her future? I think they're throwing away all that speech making feel insecure about if she's enough attractive to Joe or not because of her new condition. I'd rather them as friends that something else because the graduation is coming and start a new relationship at this moment I'm not sure if it will be good for her despite Joe is nice to her and has inner issues about God or Quinn but I insist she has to focus in HER now. What about Wemma? I still believe Will need adult friends lol but also I understand his connection with ND kids and how much he's gonna miss him and how is he afraid that they won't able to come to their wedding in November, but as Emma said the connection and love is there and not mattering what they're gonna be in Wemma's wedding, I'm sure about it.

Finally, Burt/ Kurt scene was wonderful and well acting and emotional as their scenes as always are wub wub wub

About the performances, Did I have to say which was my fav one? It's Not Right But It's Okay ... tonguue Not is I HAVE NOTHING of course wub I just... he was amazing, he mades me shiver by the emotion he expressed through that song. Next to IHN I like How Will I Know with those fantastic acapella voices and My Love is your Love because it makes me realize than next move this season is ending and we don't see THIS group together anymore and it couldn't be this the last season of glee?.

On a side note:
-I like the interaction between Sam and Kurt in the choir room, first Kurt pushed Sam to dance during Brittany's performance- which I like because of the dancing only- and then both were sharing the text messages or as someone said youtube videos neutre
-As always Kurt's part was cut off in a group performance dryy Damn!
-Glee is a double standard TV show because we have a Wemma kiss and not Brittana or Klaine huh
-Glee club back up Blaine during It's Not Right But It's Okay ? Please almost all of them have cheating their bf and gf!
Didn't he look stunning in the whole scene with Rachel?
3x17 "Dance with Somebody" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 Tumblr_m31m4reWx11r84z8eo3_250
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 4/25/2012, 9:55 pm

I did like that Kurt's "flaws" shined through in a realistic manner, he was stubborn and obstinate that the "texting" was OK even while his Blaine was practically sobbing in front of him.

Blaine did have a point, when someone tells you to have your singing voice as their ringtone..we are going beyond appropriate conversation and it took Blaine's breakdown in front of the Club for Kurt to *get* how devastated and betrayed Blaine felt. (Let's skip the double standard for a moment of Blaine's earlier behavior with Sebastian for now..)

However, Kurt as usual took the lead and the proactive road, he tried to reassure Blaine with "I have nothing" (which was also fairly defiant nice to see ) and he initiated the counseling with Emma. It was obvious he had planned ahead to "listen" and let Blaine vent so it seemed that Kurt was humoring Blaine and trying to calm him down.

So while the exchange wasn't *balanced*, Kurt's maturity was apparent once again. Sometimes I just wished they wouldn't portray Blaine as so needy and insecure, he gets the leads/solos/fangirling and yet Kurt has to swallow and *appease* him so the Warbler doesn't fall apart.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 4/26/2012, 1:49 am

This whole "alpha gay" thing has started to rub me the wrong way. Perhaps cause where I come from, colloquially, "alpha gay" guys would be, in short, guys who "just happen to be gay" but who could mingle with little problem among straight dudes, and who would be coveted by women. If that's the case, that's what being an "alpha" gay is, fine. But I don't think beta, delta, epsilon or omega gays are second-class gays. If people need nomenclatures to classify gays and, I don't know, better understand them, so be it, but I don't like the feeling I'm getting from fandom that being an "alpha" gay /is/ for real, being a better species of gay, and not just another form of discrimination and prejudice in disguise.

Last edited by paulopf on 4/26/2012, 1:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added "and prejudice")
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/26/2012, 1:56 am

I don't know if alpha gay is a specific term, but in wolves, alpha male and female are the leaders of the wolf pack, as wolves and dogs have a specific hiarchy w/ the alphas at the very top, who gets the best meat/eats first, runs in the front, and demands submission from everyone else. usually when talking about the "alpha" person in human groups (not specific to gays but in general), usually it means someone who is a leader of the rank/class/hiarchy. that's all I know.

I try not to think that the show is deliberately making blaine the "better" one of the couple, because I am way too tired to fight this monster "glee" all in my head. I figure life is short and this is just a show. if I can ignore all the offensiveness at least I can still enjoy it a bit, because I can't leave my CC. Being offended week in and week out is very hard on my emotional health.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 4/26/2012, 2:15 am

paulopf wrote:This whole "alpha gay" thing has started to rub me the wrong way. Perhaps cause where I come from, colloquially, "alpha gay" guys would be, in short, guys who "just happen to be gay" but who could mingle with little problem among straight dudes, and who would be coveted by women. If that's the case, that's what being an "alpha" gay is, fine. But I don't think beta, delta, epsilon or omega gays are second-class gays. If people need nomenclatures to classify gays and, I don't know, better understand them, so be it, but I don't like the feeling I'm getting from fandom that being an "alpha" gay /is/ for real, being a better species of gay, and not just another form of discrimination and prejudice in disguise.

The sad thing is it's not in disguise at all - this idea is blatant discrimination and prejudice. At least I think so. And I really dislike it too. :(

It's like turning it around and saying only extremely feminine women are the "right" type of women, the "better" women, and that's crap. Just as saying the most masculine men - gay or otherwise - are the "right" and "best" kind of men. I hate all of that kind of thinking. Hate it. And, like you said, I can see the term being used as a classification for straight-passing gays...but even so, the word alpha in general implies they're inherently best, the dominants.

I don't lurk much around fandom except for here and other Kurt-focused places (like porcelain_fans) and none of them seem to believe this, but I hope fandom is just using the term to address one of the show's consistent imbalances between Kurt and Blaine (which we all know very well), and not as a label for something they actually believe to be true...
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  dap1217 4/26/2012, 2:34 am

3x17 "Dance with Somebody" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 X39110
So this is the guy played Chandler.His name is Justin Castor who happens to look like Justin Beiber
3x17 "Dance with Somebody" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 Justin10

PS:I have no idea why glee dressed him up like that,but it works on me cause all the Chandler thing seems more innocent.
dap1217
dap1217
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/26/2012, 2:39 am

^ are these 2 teh same person??? blinkk
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  dap1217 4/26/2012, 2:54 am

fantastica wrote:^ are these 2 teh same person??? blinkk

I know,right?
dap1217
dap1217
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/26/2012, 5:18 am

What I find interesting about this alpha guy thing is that for everyone else Blaine is the alpha gay, but in their own relationship I feel like it's Kurt. Maybe before they got together (when Blaine was older and wiser and less camp) Kurt was the passive one, but since then Kurt is the dominant partner. He has a tendency to get his way, to make his point valid. when he doesn't like the topic discussed he deflects, when he feels threatened or under attack he attacks more wishusly. He is more emotionally detached and closed off. Not that he doesn't love Blaine with the same intensity, but has been guarded far to long for him to changed his ways.So, it's only logical that someone who is the alpha male in mentality has a major problem with being in the shadow of his boyfriend, who seams to be universally excepted and worshiped even while Kurt had to fight for his place. I'm surprised we have waited so long for it to be mentioned, especially after Blaine and the Pips in OS.

Just look at the way the Glee club rallies behind Blaine both figuratively and physically in INTBIO, while Kurt stands alone during his song. It's clear right there who the show seas as it's leader and who should just shut up and sit in the background. Real smooth.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 4/26/2012, 5:33 am

I loved this, Emma is great! Smile

3x17 "Dance with Somebody" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 Tumblr_m32j0iCf5Z1qfcdl6o1_500

3x17 "Dance with Somebody" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 Tumblr_m32j0iCf5Z1qfcdl6o2_500

3x17 "Dance with Somebody" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 Tumblr_m30qswXfYF1qlqifro1_250

3x17 "Dance with Somebody" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 Tumblr_m30qswXfYF1qlqifro2_250
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 4/26/2012, 6:04 am

dap1217 wrote:3x17 "Dance with Somebody" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 X39110
So this is the guy played Chandler.His name is Justin Castor who happens to look like Justin Beiber

Maybe we can now placate ourselves that Kurt's admirer is a decent-looking hunk underneath all those layers of camp and geek.

Yeah... grasping at straws, I know.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 4/26/2012, 6:39 am

At first I seriously thought Chandler was interpreted by that super Darren fanboy, Tyler something. Shocked The one that when Darren's shirtless photos were published couldn't breathe.
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 4/26/2012, 6:41 am

Emile wrote:At first I seriously thought Chandler was interpreted by that super Darren fanboy, Tyler something. Shocked The one that when Darren's shirtless photos were published couldn't breathe.
This one? Razz

arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 4/26/2012, 6:47 am

^YES! That one! Razz
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/26/2012, 7:54 am

fantastica wrote:remember marie you said you didn't like Max's voice in the hospital scene because it feels "unatural"? when i watched hte scene in Emma's office, DC did hte same thing - he had this half-crying-like voice in order to show he's sad and vunerable, but it feels unnatural, like "acting".
Yes, this was similar. And more people noticed it in the fandom.

Question (to all of you): would you look at your boyfriend's phone messages if it was buzzing and he was not in the room?

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/26/2012, 8:07 am

Glorfindel wrote:
Question (to all of you): would you look at your boyfriend's phone messages if it was buzzing and he was not in the room?

I have to say that Blaine looking at Kurt's phone didn't bother me as much as a lot of people here. It wasn't like he snuck into the room and looked at it. Kurt left it in the room with him. I don't have an iPhone, but on my cell phone, the messages and and sender's name pop up on the preview screen when I get a text. Blaine wasn't necessarily snooping for it. The more likely scenerio was probably that he saw the phone lying on the bed, noticed Kurt got a text, and the phone lit up and he saw the name. I don't think he was snooping around looking for something to "bust" Kurt on or that he was suspicous that Kurt had something going on on the side or something. It would have bothered me if Blaine had been shown digging in Kurt's bag for it or something. It seemed like Blaine was just left in the room with the phone in view, and couldn't help but notice that Kurt was getting a lot of texts because of the buzzing, and then noticed it was from a guy named Chandler.

There I go, defending Blaine again. This board is making me soft Wink
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/26/2012, 8:20 am

I think there were a lot of gray area in that whole storyline. I didn't really have a problem with the phone thing, especially if Chandler had sent 2-3 messages in a span of few minutes. It got Blaine curious and naturally he looked - as far as he is concerned they have no secrets. So when he saw the unfamiliar name and the flirty text, he needed to know more. I would have probably done the same.

That wasn't the issue. It was the insistence that Kurt cheated, that him doing the same thing with Sebastian was not and then to publicly call out Kurt for cheating in front of all their friends. For me, Blaine caused this problem because he distanced himself. He has no one but himself to blame that Kurt looked for attention elsewhere. Not that Kurt is innocent in all this, given that he used Chandler in a way - he had no intention of going out with him he just wanted to be complemented and appreciated, something which neither Blaine or ND haven't been giving him since alpha gay arrived. We even saw it in Saturday Night Glee-ver, how Kurt was eating up compliments from Wade. He has been starved for them ever since Blaine came, because unless Blaine is giving them, nobody else will.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/26/2012, 8:31 am

tanita_mors wrote:I think there were a lot of gray area in that whole storyline. I didn't really have a problem with the phone thing, especially if Chandler had sent 2-3 messages in a span of few minutes. It got Blaine curious and naturally he looked - as far as he is concerned they have no secrets. So when he saw the unfamiliar name and the flirty text, he needed to know more. I would have probably done the same.

That wasn't the issue. It was the insistence that Kurt cheated, that him doing the same thing with Sebastian was not and then to publicly call out Kurt for cheating in front of all their friends. For me, Blaine caused this problem because he distanced himself. He has no one but himself to blame that Kurt looked for attention elsewhere. Not that Kurt is innocent in all this, given that he used Chandler in a way - he had no intention of going out with him he just wanted to be complemented and appreciated, something which neither Blaine or ND haven't been giving him since alpha gay arrived. We even saw it in Saturday Night Glee-ver, how Kurt was eating up compliments from Wade. He has been starved for them ever since Blaine came, because unless Blaine is giving them, nobody else will.

I loved this episode.

Chris was brilliant as always. Darren's acting, it just makes me cringe.

Any love for Blaine that thought I might have again, this episode ended it. I hate him, he is selfish and a hypocrite. He is an attention whore and wanted to try shaming Kurt in front of his friends. 3x17 "Dance with Somebody" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 3181402168

The Kurt and Burt scene almost reduced me to tears. It was so well done.

The rest was okay.

Chandler I thought was cute.

I don't feel that Kurt really loves Blaine anymore, he just wants him to think he does. Kurt is too good for Blaine. I still feel Kurt will dump him, and then I will celebrate. 3x17 "Dance with Somebody" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 3933776953
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/26/2012, 8:39 am

They put 'I Have Nothing' up on GleeOnFox ! neutre

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/26/2012, 8:44 am

Glorfindel wrote:They put 'I Have Nothing' up on GleeOnFox ! 3x17 "Dance with Somebody" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 4247136565

Yes, yes and yes. 3x17 "Dance with Somebody" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 3933776953

Mmm, maybe this has to do with all the press he is getting for SBL.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/26/2012, 9:29 am

Glorfindel wrote:They put 'I Have Nothing' up on GleeOnFox ! neutre

I left a very nice comment (pending approval). I hope everyone will leave very nice comments on youtube when they watch it.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 4/26/2012, 9:45 am

Smile Smile Smile YAY! This just brightened my morning. I'm so happy they uploaded his solo! All the love and appreciation for Kurt/Chris. wub
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 4/26/2012, 10:05 am

I feel like this is a cause for celebration, but I'm not sure why... tonguue

I don't know much about this practice of putting a song performance up on GleeOnFox. What is the significance of this? Do they only select one song to be put on the website for each episode?
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  dap1217 4/26/2012, 10:12 am

That reminds me that billboard or rollingstone I don't remember put Chris' I wanna hold your hand as 2011 glee live 3D highlight.Good choice,tho.
dap1217
dap1217
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next