Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3x17 "Dance with Somebody" Watch & Discussion thread

+31
CloveGlee
M&M
Shinra17
BlueJazz
red texta
Jake667
Ireth
Kurt Hummel
happydays
sjonnepon
dap1217
Glorfindel
Emile
tanita_mors
valkeakuulas
Delight
ColferInspired
emilynna
arina
mellama
ColferGirl
angelnessa
brisallie
sahhar
kac
Buenos
Divalicious
fantastica
paulopf
Dame Loli
Jellyrolls
35 posters

Page 10 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

3x17 "Dance with Somebody" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 10 Empty Re: 3x17 "Dance with Somebody" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  sahhar 4/27/2012, 2:24 pm

Divalicious wrote:The scripts Glee generally write are not really in depth, they have too many characters to service, and need to fit songs in as well. That is why Chris is such a god-send, he embodies Kurt and gives him substance, even without lines. In a few seconds, looking at his face you have a whole, creative "script", so the audience perceives more being given to them storywise. I also think Lea and Cory have this ability, but because of the inherent natures of their characters, Rachel larger-than-life, and Finn, not the smartest tool in the shed, they don't get to do the more subtle things Chris gets to do, as the cool Kurt.

Kurt is a teenager, who looks at things from his own point of view, he hasn't the adult ability to walk in another shoes, although he is more adult than any of the other kids. When he is hurt, and feeling ignored, and undesired, and finds someone who makes him feel sexy via text messages, I can see him convincing himself this isn't bad, because there is no "hands on" business going on. I also think he does harbor some residual emotions about Blaine continuing to speak with Sebastian even when he expresses he doesn't like him.

I also think that Kurt's fan base is more adult, and aware that people make mistakes. Blaine's fans are more teenybopperish, and have a more black/white view of the world, and cannot accept less than perfection. Perhaps the coloring over isn't to make Kurt look bad, but to not upset the youthful Blaine fans. The writers do have to keep the majority of people happy, even if you can't please everyone. Kurt/Chris fans aren't going anywhere, I think the Blaine fans are less loyal, and more prone to find the newest shiny set of abs. JMHO.

Edit: woohoo!! I'm a llama now!! bounce

Great post. rooots .

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

3x17 "Dance with Somebody" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 10 Empty Re: 3x17 "Dance with Somebody" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Buenos 4/27/2012, 2:31 pm

Kurt is a teenager, who looks at things from his own point of view, he hasn't the adult ability to walk in another shoes, although he is more adult than any of the other kids. When he is hurt, and feeling ignored, and undesired, and finds someone who makes him feel sexy via text messages, I can see him convincing himself this isn't bad, because there is no "hands on" business going on. I also think he does harbor some residual emotions about Blaine continuing to speak with Sebastian even when he expresses he doesn't like him.

What pisses me off is that the writers know what they are doing...the meta call where Kurt has to call Blaine the "alpha gay" WTF?? The writers are acknowledging how they compare Kurt to Blaine and how Kurt always comes off as less desirable, in his boyfriend's shadow and of course they don't address that for most of the season but do a "wink wink" reference for this contrived cheating/texting plot.

To continue to make Kurt feel inadequate in even his relationship reveals an almost masochistic view of Kurt that RIB has and that I personally find a bit creepy.

End of vent.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/27/2012, 2:41 pm

Divalicious wrote:The scripts Glee generally write are not really in depth, they have too many characters to service, and need to fit songs in as well. That is why Chris is such a god-send, he embodies Kurt and gives him substance, even without lines. In a few seconds, looking at his face you have a whole, creative "script", so the audience perceives more being given to them storywise. I also think Lea and Cory have this ability, but because of the inherent natures of their characters, Rachel larger-than-life, and Finn, not the smartest tool in the shed, they don't get to do the more subtle things Chris gets to do, as the cool Kurt.

I also think that Kurt's fan base is more adult, and aware that people make mistakes. Blaine's fans are more teenybopperish, and have a more black/white view of the world, and cannot accept less than perfection. Perhaps the coloring over isn't to make Kurt look bad, but to not upset the youthful Blaine fans. The writers do have to keep the majority of people happy, even if you can't please everyone. Kurt/Chris fans aren't going anywhere, I think the Blaine fans are less loyal, and more prone to find the newest shiny set of abs. JMHO.

Edit: woohoo!! I'm a llama now!! bounce

That's because we live in a world where teens, tweens (and even some adults) think that Edward Cullen from twilight is a perfect man and a real possibility.

I've told some people my thougts of how Darren's career will go after Glee, but that's not for this thread. I'll have to post it on snark and bark at some point.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/27/2012, 2:43 pm

Buenos wrote:

What pisses me off is that the writers know what they are doing...the meta call where Kurt has to call Blaine the "alpha gay" WTF?? The writers are acknowledging how they compare Kurt to Blaine and how Kurt always comes off as less desirable, in his boyfriend's shadow and of course they don't address that for most of the season but do a "wink wink" reference for this contrived cheating/texting plot.

To continue to make Kurt feel inadequate in even his relationship reveals an almost masochistic view of Kurt that RIB has and that I personally find a bit creepy.

End of vent.

The real shame in all this is that RIB allowed this to happen to their groundbreaking and critically acclaimed character.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/27/2012, 3:19 pm

RIB envisioned htis show to be basically American Idol w/ a storyline, w/ the adults anchoring the show. too bad nobody is watching the show for the adults anymore and those who fell in love /w the show did so because they fell in love /w the original cast - it's the cast and their characters that made the show relatable. none of the newbies have that effect - they can attract some eyeballs and sell some itunes but there's just no soul in their presence.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 4/27/2012, 3:25 pm

fantastica wrote:RIB envisioned htis show to be basically American Idol w/ a storyline, w/ the adults anchoring the show. too bad nobody is watching the show for the adults anymore and those who fell in love /w the show did so because they fell in love /w the original cast - it's the cast and their characters that made the show relatable. none of the newbies have that effect - they can attract some eyeballs and sell some itunes but there's just no soul in their presence.

Makes me even more scared for Season 4.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/27/2012, 3:41 pm

I am not afraid of hte season 4. it is what it is. no matter how revolutionary their approach is, it can't be perfect. they shot themslves in the foot and there's just no perfect fix. it will never past s5, if there's an S5 at all.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 4/27/2012, 3:46 pm

fantastica wrote:I am not afraid of hte season 4. it is what it is. no matter how revolutionary their approach is, it can't be perfect. they shot themslves in the foot and there's just no perfect fix. it will never past s5, if there's an S5 at all.

That's what I think too. Chris/Kurt is probably going to be the savior of Season 4 (if they keep him relevant at all dryy ).

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/27/2012, 3:50 pm

Ryan is probably so arrogant that he probably thought from the start that he could easily replace the cast whenever he needed. He was very lucky that he got Lea and that they discovered Chris. Talent like Lea and Chris does not come around very often. Darrens and Ambers are easy to fine. Corys and Nayas are pretty common. But talent like Lea and Chris is more difficult to find, and it would be hard to replace them without feeling the hole left by them.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 4/27/2012, 3:52 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Ryan is probably so arrogant that he probably thought from the start that he could easily replace the cast whenever he needed. He was very lucky that he got Lea and that they discovered Chris. Talent like Lea and Chris does not come around very often. Darrens and Ambers are easy to fine. Corys and Nayas are pretty common. But talent like Lea and Chris is more difficult to find, and it would be hard to replace them without feeling the hole left by them.

Well, mileage obviously varies...I think most of the Glee actors are very talented. I think Cory is a very good actor and Darren and Amber are charismatic singers. I realize we don't all have to agree.

I do think that Lea and Chris are exceptional, though. Smile
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/27/2012, 4:31 pm

No, I agree, the entire cast is talented. They may not all be triple treats. Some are great actors, some singers, some dancers, some two or all three. But they are all talented and hardworking. It's a shame that the decline in quality has affected the way people view them. If there is any cast in showbizz that deserves all the ensemble awards, it's Glee.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/27/2012, 4:38 pm

tanita_mors wrote:No, I agree, the entire cast is talented. They may not all be triple treats. Some are great actors, some singers, some dancers, some two or all three. But they are all talented and hardworking. It's a shame that the decline in quality has affected the way people view them. If there is any cast in showbizz that deserves all the ensemble awards, it's Glee.
3x17 "Dance with Somebody" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 10 This-Kurt

This cast has made Glee what it is, and they work damn hard.
Although I must say my heart goes mostly to the original cast, including the adults, and Chord.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/27/2012, 4:55 pm

Buenos wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:Ryan is probably so arrogant that he probably thought from the start that he could easily replace the cast whenever he needed. He was very lucky that he got Lea and that they discovered Chris. Talent like Lea and Chris does not come around very often. Darrens and Ambers are easy to fine. Corys and Nayas are pretty common. But talent like Lea and Chris is more difficult to find, and it would be hard to replace them without feeling the hole left by them.

Well, mileage obviously varies...I think most of the Glee actors are very talented. I think Cory is a very good actor and Darren and Amber are charismatic singers. I realize we don't all have to agree.

I do think that Lea and Chris are exceptional, though. Smile

Oh, I wasn't clear. All of them (even Darren) have some talent. My point was that they can easily replace the Darrens and the Ambers and the Diannas on the show with other actors that would be just as enjoyable and likeable as Darren, Amber or Dianna.

But they would be hard pressed to replace someone like Chris or Lea because there aren't as many performers out there that are as naturally gifted as Chris or Lea. Quite honestly, I think they were very lucky to have wound up with two exceptional one of a kind talents like Chris and Lea in the cast.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/27/2012, 5:16 pm

Good actors are a biggest challenge. Good singers and dancers are dime a dozen really, but 20-something GOOD actors aren't. I think they discovered that this year with Glee project. But most of all, good actors who have charisma and presence to actually lead a show.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

3x17 "Dance with Somebody" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 10 Empty music recap for 3.17

Post  fantastica 4/27/2012, 9:06 pm

i like this a lot!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 4/27/2012, 9:39 pm

Buenos wrote:
Chris is not evil. He just doesn't meekly allow the characterization of Kurt Hummel to roll over and die a noble death just to elevate another character on the show. He cares too much about Kurt to let that happen, and I admire him all the more for it
I believe a lot of Kurt's defiance in the latest episode was unscripted. It's amazing how, even without lines, we the audience can easily tell what Kurt was thinking and feeling at a given moment (I've watched INRBIO several times, mainly for Kurt's epic WTF expressions Razz ).

Yes, sorry I wasn't clear. That bolded statement is what I meant about Chris Colfer being an "evil genius." It was meant as a compliment. Like all good actors, he conveys things with a look or body language without needing pages of script. I would say he's a subversively evil genius, because I do believe he somewhat undermined the written script. It's not always possible but this time IMO he saw the opening and he took it.

Wasn't sure what emoticon I needed to use for evil...maybe this one?... moque

Haha... No, you were very clear. I have interpreted your 'Chris Colfer being an evil genius' remark as nothing but praise for him Smile . Chris can probably become genuinely evil and my hopeless stan state would still make me love him.

Oh, and I think a more suitable evil emoticon should be: Twisted Evil
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/27/2012, 10:48 pm

fantastica wrote:

i like this a lot!

He has really changed his attitude about Darren.

And I love that even he thinks Chris should have sung in that episode.

And he was even on Gotye's side.

This was one of his best. I used to look at them but when he went on about Klaine all the time, I stopped looking at them.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/27/2012, 10:53 pm

^ he's not hte only klainer who changed his tune.

actually he called blaine an "attention whore" back in S2. and made fun of DC's jaw when he sang, so I gather he's not a huge blaine/DC fan even then. He just love the fact that kurt finally got a love interest and the 2 boys were very cute together.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/27/2012, 11:13 pm

fantastica wrote:

i like this a lot!

Razz I like it because even he who's one of the bigger Klainers think Glee is focusing so much in Darren and Chris should had sing in the Saturday Night... episode! So one thingk is being a fan and other is realize they're ruining everything.

However his inner klainer must be comeback for the recap of last ep.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  red texta 4/27/2012, 11:15 pm

Wow, Jim Cantiello? He's not doing his recaps for MTV anymore, it's for his own audience so I think he just doesn't have to watch what he says and be polite. He never used to swear so much, and I notice he no longer seems to count hmself as one of the 'Klainers'. I hope Glee are paying attention to the Darren Criss backlash, not simply because I'd like to see a fairer distribution of songs and less gratuitous boxing scenes, but for Darren's sake as well. He could well end up being the guy whose career was made by Glee and then consequently ruined by Glee when everyone gets sick of him through overexposure.
red texta
red texta
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/27/2012, 11:17 pm

red texta wrote:Wow, Jim Cantiello? He's not doing his recaps for MTV anymore, it's for his own audience so I think he just doesn't have to watch what he says and be polite. He never used to swear so much, and I notice he no longer seems to count hmself as one of the 'Klainers'. I hope Glee are paying attention to the Darren Criss backlash, not simply because I'd like to see a fairer distribution of songs and less gratuitous boxing scenes, but for Darren's sake as well. He could well end up being the guy whose career was made by Glee and then consequently ruined by Glee when everyone gets sick of him through overexposure.

That is exactly what's happen.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 4/27/2012, 11:24 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
red texta wrote:Wow, Jim Cantiello? He's not doing his recaps for MTV anymore, it's for his own audience so I think he just doesn't have to watch what he says and be polite. He never used to swear so much, and I notice he no longer seems to count hmself as one of the 'Klainers'. I hope Glee are paying attention to the Darren Criss backlash, not simply because I'd like to see a fairer distribution of songs and less gratuitous boxing scenes, but for Darren's sake as well. He could well end up being the guy whose career was made by Glee and then consequently ruined by Glee when everyone gets sick of him through overexposure.

That is exactly what's happen.

Yes! We're really starting to see backlash now. I think even Ausiello has had a couple complaints after the BB ep, and many reviewers noted the overuse of Blarren.

Darren would be best to slow down on the publicity and talk to Glee into backing off a little.
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/27/2012, 11:29 pm

granted Ausello is a karofsky fan. he's never into klaine.

does anyone has a link to Jim's WH episode gleecap? it's not on youtube yet.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  kac 4/27/2012, 11:34 pm

We Canadians cannot watch those recaps, grumble, until someone puts them up on YouTube.

Last edited by kac on 4/27/2012, 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I cannot type)
kac
kac
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 4/28/2012, 3:21 am

The YouTube link is on the previous page.

I didn't really perceive him dissing Darren, but pointing out the strangeness of not having Chris sing. The angel on my shoulder says that was all an experiment to find out if the audience doesn't like Chris' voice, or just falsetto in general. I think they know it is the falsetto they aren't appreciating, and not Chris' voice, because the songs didn't do great.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next