Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 3

+33
paulopf
Shinra17
Vir Cotto
Sminky
CCfan93
M&M
Heyerchick
Ireth
BlueJazz
ColferInspired
E-ko
Esme
happydays
HollyMc.
red texta
Dame Loli
sjonnepon
CloveGlee
arina
brisallie
Divalicious
ColferGirl
dap1217
Glorfindel
Emile
Jellyrolls
Delight
valkeakuulas
tanita_mors
Buenos
sahhar
fantastica
kac
37 posters

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 3 - Page 10 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 3

Post  Delight 4/29/2012, 8:19 am

Jellyrolls wrote:
Another Brittany solo? Seriously?

I think this had been spoiled some time ago, that Brittany would sing this Kei$ha song in the Prom episode.

We've had quite some time to get used to the idea so that it isn't so rage-inducing now.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 3 - Page 10 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 3

Post  tanita_mors 4/29/2012, 8:30 am

Big Girls Don't Cry could be Kurt/Blaine/Rachel or just Blaine/Rachel with Kurt there. It was rather unclear who was singing in that Klainechel scene or if it was for 3x19 or 3x20.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 4/29/2012, 9:03 am

Jellyrolls wrote:
tanita_mors wrote:3x19 Song Covers:
Love You Like a Love Song: Santana (although Kristin tried to say it was Rachel - we have reports that it was Santana from extras at prom, but Rachel could be involved somehow, who knows).
Dinosaur: Brittany
What Makes You Beautiful: Mike, Sam, Rory, Joe (for sure, I don't know about Finn) - Kurt/Blaine for sure aren't involve and I'd assume Puck isn't either
Take My Breath Away: Quinn, Santana.
Big Girls Don't Cry - unknown singer (I think we don't even know if it's Fergie or The Four Seasons?)

Another Brittany solo? Seriously?

Her voice is... not good. She always has to be so autotuned and it still sounds so bad.
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/29/2012, 9:16 am

That is way she is singing Ke$ha - the uncrowned queen of auto-tune. And it is Brittany's idea to have a Dinosaur prom, so it's only fitting.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 4/29/2012, 9:24 am

tanita_mors wrote:That is way she is singing Ke$ha - the uncrowned queen of auto-tune. And it is Brittany's idea to have a Dinosaur prom, so it's only fitting.

Too true. I actually have no problem with her singing here because it makes sense. I will say I didn't even have a problem with her singing in the last ep, but it was so bad. Brittany has actually not had a ton to do this season either, so they clearly decided that Brittany fits into the girlfriend mode and Santana the boyfriend mode, unless Santana is around the boys, and then she becomes a silly girl again. Rolling Eyes
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/29/2012, 9:45 am

I have no problem with Brittany singing every now and then. And Ke$ha fits her voice.

But I do protest to her getting solo parts at competitions, and that has happened 3 times now. Evil or Very Mad
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 4/29/2012, 9:53 am

Glorfindel wrote:I have no problem with Brittany singing every now and then. And Ke$ha fits her voice.

But I do protest to her getting solo parts at competitions, and that has happened 3 times now. Evil or Very Mad

I will always have a problem with that. I also had a problem with Mike getting so much considering he is the can't sing guy. This show :angry:
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/29/2012, 10:03 am

Speculated list of songs for the end of the season (maybe a few more are missing, particularly for 3x20, and maybe some of the authors are wrong/songs from different singer with the same name)

20/21:
I Won't Give Up
What a Feeling
Edge of Glory
It's All Coming Back to Me
Paradise by the Dashboard Light
Pinball Wizard
Starships
Starlight Express
Tongue Tied
We Are the Champions

3x22:
I Was Here -- Beyoncé
I'll Remember -- Madonna
You Get What You Give -- New Radicals
Not the End -- The Bravery
Roots Before Branches -- Room for Two
Glory Days -- Bruce Springsteen
Forever Young -- Bob Dylan
Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) -- Green Day

Big Girls Don't Cry has to be the Fergie song because of the length.

tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/29/2012, 10:21 am

M&M wrote:
tanita_mors wrote:That is way she is singing Ke$ha - the uncrowned queen of auto-tune. And it is Brittany's idea to have a Dinosaur prom, so it's only fitting.

Too true. I actually have no problem with her singing here because it makes sense. I will say I didn't even have a problem with her singing in the last ep, but it was so bad. Brittany has actually not had a ton to do this season either, so they clearly decided that Brittany fits into the girlfriend mode and Santana the boyfriend mode, unless Santana is around the boys, and then she becomes a silly girl again. Rolling Eyes

Glorfindel wrote:I have no problem with Brittany singing every now and then. And Ke$ha fits her voice.

M&M wrote:

I will always have a problem with that. I also had a problem with Mike getting so much considering he is the can't sing guy. This show :angry:

Well, at least the song fits the storyline.

It just seems like Brittany is singing whole heck of a lot, a few solos, a few duets with Santana, a bunch of songs with the troubletones. Just looking at Marie's calculations, Brittany has a higher total than Tina and Mr. Schue? And she's only one point behind Quinn and Puck? I just can't understand why they have chosen to make Brittany so vocally relevant on the show.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/29/2012, 10:30 am

Jellyrolls wrote:It just seems like Brittany is singing whole heck of a lot, a few solos, a few duets with Santana, a bunch of songs with the troubletones. Just looking at Marie's calculations, Brittany has a higher total than Tina and Mr. Schue? And she's only one point behind Quinn and Puck? I just can't understand why they have chosen to make Brittany so vocally relevant on the show.
Because Brittany is popular as part of Brittana, and because Heather has a poppy voice and is hot as hell (to some)?

aka: she sells.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  CCfan93 4/29/2012, 12:04 pm

In regards to the supposed song list for the last episode I'm still sad they didn't decide to do seasons of love from rent. That could have been a really good and emotional number for the seniors. question does anyone else have the feeling that Mr.Schue will sing the time of your life by green day? It has that ending song parallel to over the rainbow from season one feeling.
CCfan93
CCfan93
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 4/29/2012, 12:27 pm

They let Brittnay sing more so she can be front and center and dancing. It is kind of hard to feature her charged and sexual dancing if she isn't singing. Has she ever had a solo where she is standing still? Even her duets are usually moving around.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  kac 4/29/2012, 12:47 pm

I am beyond tired of listening to Santana sing, I never cared for her character. Britanny is the same, I don't care about her. Both of them were fine in small doses. I just don't get the Naya is such a great actress gushing either. She is a good singer, but like I said, I am tired of her. Don't even get me started on Heather. Scenes with them together are almost unbearable for me. I'd almost rather watch another gratuitous Blaine solo.

So many things not to look forward to in the episodes coming up. But then, there are some lights at the end of some tunnels. This show.
kac
kac
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 4/29/2012, 1:22 pm

kac wrote:I am beyond tired of listening to Santana sing,

I love Naya Rivera and I like her singing as Santana, but the overkill this season is excessive. Her voice doesn't suit some of the songs they give her ("If I can't have you" being a prime example) and they pigeonhole her in way too many plots and storylines. How Warbler/Sebastian became all about Santana versus them is something I'm still scratching my head about. Having said that, she's probably been in more best stelling ITUNE songs this year than anyone,though that has to qualified with the fact that along with Lea and Amber she's been in featured in more songs than anyone. In Prom per the spoilers she has at least two numbers again.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/29/2012, 4:38 pm

there's a new Matt Morrison interview on Washington Post from last night's white house correspondance dinner. the following quotes are excerpts that maybe of interest to us:
Regarding the work, Morrison said production on “Glee’s” third season will wrap on May 11 and that there will definitely not be a Will/Emma wedding before season’s end. He wasn’t even sure yet whether the nuptials will occur next season.

“I have no idea. We don’t even know — I mean, the show’s back next season but we don’t even know which cast members will actually be back,” he said. “I think I’ll be back but some of the kids — we’re trying to figure out what we’re going to do with that.”

While the show’s producers have previously said that seniors like Rachel (Lea Michele), Finn (Cory Monteith) and Kurt (Chris Colfer) will likely stay on for season four even though they are graduating from McKinley, rumors have circulated about other cast members — possibly Dianna Agron, for one — departing after this season.

Morrison didn’t say anything about who was going vs. staying, but his comments made it clear that for some cast members, May 11th will mean goodbye to “Glee.”

“They’re treating it very sensitively because for a lot of these kids it will be their last show,” he said. “I’m really happy that they’re treating it with such sensitivity and making the stories so great to end the show for some of these people.”

if looks like they are preparing the fandom for some very sad results next season. also to drum up interests in watching the finale, by telling people "this is the last time your fav will be on glee". they are trying some psychological warfare now to get the people to watch. Then I imagine they will use the summer to prop up some new people, trying to get people to be curious about them and thus to watch the newbie show.

2 more weeks of shooting left! I am sure the kids who are leaving will be told by then. and those who will stay - we will probably have to wait til next fall to really be sure in what capacity they will return. well, at least we will know if rachel will make it to NYADA. if she does, her fate will be tied w/ Kurt's - there better be a NY narative in one form or another or else Finchel will both be irrelevant - unlike klaine they don't have any "hook" at old glee club!

so we will see. hope there will be more definitive spoilers coming w/in the last week of shooting or so.

Last edited by fantastica on 4/29/2012, 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 4/29/2012, 4:50 pm

tanita_mors wrote:Speculated list of songs for the end of the season (maybe a few more are missing, particularly for 3x20, and maybe some of the authors are wrong/songs from different singer with the same name)

20/21:
I Won't Give Up
What a Feeling
Edge of Glory
It's All Coming Back to Me
Paradise by the Dashboard Light
Pinball Wizard
Starships
Starlight Express
Tongue Tied
We Are the Champions

3x22:
I Was Here -- Beyoncé
I'll Remember -- Madonna
You Get What You Give -- New Radicals
Not the End -- The Bravery
Roots Before Branches -- Room for Two
Glory Days -- Bruce Springsteen
Forever Young -- Bob Dylan
Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) -- Green Day

Anyone who knows songs better than I do, can any of these be a Hummelberry duet? We have to have a Hummelberry duet. [crosses arms and starts to sulk ] Spent too much time today with a five year old.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Heyerchick 4/29/2012, 5:23 pm

HummelBerry duets were superceded by Blainechel duets. That, I'm bitter about. I actually like everyone's singing voice on Glee. [I don't really count HeMo as a singer, any more than I count her as an actor] But I've been frustrated this season by the way the Favoured Four of Rachel, Santana, Mercedes and Blaine have had the lion's share of all the songs. Not just singing once an episode, but 2, 3 or even 4 times an episode. There are still some individual tracks that I love and buy, but I'm sick to death of their voices. I like it best when Glee mixes things up and we get fresh and unexpected pairings and groupings, but there's been precious little of that.

Meanwhile, I feel starved of my favourite voice: Chris.

LM is Glee's leading lady and has always had the most songs but NR's gradual build-up in the latter half of S2 has become saturation in S3. DC has always sung a lot, and has retained his prominence as Glee's male lead singer [not actor or character]. AR has had her song count punched up from S2. I maintain that the fact NR, DC and AR all have deals with Columbia Records, and that the albums from NR and AR are imminent, has much to do with their singing promotion this season.

There's a finite number of songs Glee can cover: the costs, the technicalities, the filming logistics. One voice in particular has been promoted: Naya. One voice in particular has been demoted: Chris. I really don't understand why.
Heyerchick
Heyerchick
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/29/2012, 5:36 pm

^ there are a lot of people who are very vocal who dislike chris voice particularly when he sings in his high register. (yes I am talking about GleeAddict in parcticular but she's not the only one). Chris has a very unusal voice but that's precisely what I love about it - you can't hear it anywhere else! I can count many people on tv and airwave who sounds like any other singer on the show (except maybe lea because of her signature "flip" in her voice). now for the general public, familiarity w/ the voice means easy acceptance. It's something they are used to. as long as the music has a good beat and it makes them want to jump up and dance, or from the most recent hits list, they will like it.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/29/2012, 5:40 pm

Heyerchick wrote:HummelBerry duets were superceded by Blainechel duets. That, I'm bitter about. I actually like everyone's singing voice on Glee. [I don't really count HeMo as a singer, any more than I count her as an actor] But I've been frustrated this season by the way the Favoured Four of Rachel, Santana, Mercedes and Blaine have had the lion's share of all the songs. Not just singing once an episode, but 2, 3 or even 4 times an episode. There are still some individual tracks that I love and buy, but I'm sick to death of their voices. I like it best when Glee mixes things up and we get fresh and unexpected pairings and groupings, but there's been precious little of that.

LM is Glee's leading lady and has always had the most songs but NR's gradual build-up in the latter half of S2 has become saturation in S3. DC has always sung a lot, and has retained his prominence as Glee's male lead singer [not actor or character]. AR has had her song count punched up from S2. I maintain that the fact NR, DC and AR all have deals with Columbia Records, and that the albums from NR and AR are imminent, has much to do with their singing promotion this season.

There's a finite number of songs Glee can cover: the costs, the technicalities, the filming logistics. One voice in particular has been promoted: Naya. One voice in particular has been demoted: Chris. I really don't understand why.
^Money.

And Naya sleeping with one of the writers.

That's really all I can think of. Santana is not that popular amongst the fandom, except for some very vocal groups.
RIB have been pushing Naya to the front, because Naya knows how to get things done in the field and kept promoting Brittana, knowing that a gay storyline (like Klaine) would get her out of the background. Maybe they were hoping to get a 2nd Kurt/Chris success, but Naya doesn't have the talent Chris has.

Too much is too much. You think they would have learned from last season (the Kurt Hummel show), when people got sick of Kurt, even though he hadn't even half of the exposure/screentime Santana now gets, and certainly not that amount of songs.
Now the fans and media get sick of Santana and Blaine (not so much of Mercedes, because Amber can actually sing, although she's not a great actress, but then she doesn't get so much focus that the lack of acting is irritating).

Chris got the short end of the stick singing wise because his songs tend to be not popular, although usually very much loved and praised, and because there is now gay boy #2 who can take over the singing, but not the acting.

Ultimately: money (and probably lust) ruined season 3 of Glee. dryy

And I miss Hummelberry songs so much too.
I miss mixing the vocals up, and hearing all of the kids sing, like in 'To Sir, With Love'. :(
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/29/2012, 5:42 pm

Heyerchick wrote:HummelBerry duets were superceded by Blainechel duets. That, I'm bitter about. I actually like everyone's singing voice on Glee. [I don't really count HeMo as a singer, any more than I count her as an actor] But I've been frustrated this season by the way the Favoured Four of Rachel, Santana, Mercedes and Blaine have had the lion's share of all the songs. Not just singing once an episode, but 2, 3 or even 4 times an episode. There are still some individual tracks that I love and buy, but I'm sick to death of their voices. I like it best when Glee mixes things up and we get fresh and unexpected pairings and groupings, but there's been precious little of that.

I think we all know why, but it would be kind of rude for as to mention it.
Spoiler:

I agree that the biggest problem isn't even that those 4 sing in every episode (which is a lot as well), but that they sing multiple times in every episode. I can't remember an episode where non of them sung.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/29/2012, 5:54 pm

Hummelberry having only one duet this season, despite their increased storylines and scenes!!!

we were so naiive to think that now hummelberries have all these storylines together they will sing a lot. we naiively think that if kurt has a storyline he will get to sing. total bull! other people sings solo after solo (or duets) w/o any relevance to the narative. that just show much influence the music side of hte business has on the show! If glee is purely a musical, w/ musics added to enhence the naratives, then it should never take into account how well the songs are charting. But if you look at their marketing, especially to "family friendly" or little kids - they are selling kareoke disks stripped of any storylines and just hte singing and dancing part - which means they intentionally target younger portion of their audience who cares about neither the storylines nor the acting. They only want fun catchy tunes and cute actors.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/29/2012, 6:05 pm

Remember the wonderful 'The Purple Piano Project' episode?

- a Hummelberry storyline.
- a Hummelberry duet.
- comedy (Fooooood Fiiiiight !!!).
- the introduction of Sugar.
- Kurt being so happy and coy about Blaine's transfer.
- Hummelberry pitty party and doing the gay high five.
- a wonderful group number at the end that featured the original 6 (even though they cut the Kartie verse).
Remember that?

Yeah, me too. crycry
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 4/29/2012, 6:11 pm

Since few weeks ago I was actually thinking that the reason we have not had any Hummelberry duets was because last episodes would be dedicated to the seniors but it looks like I was wrong. What makes me think of Foxes general business attitude: as a foreign Glee fan the music sales in Europe as far as Glee is considered aren't that high anyway, and will never be no matter how populary catered stuff they'll produce, I'm lucky just to find them in iTunes Finland.

Sooo, bad show-->lower ratings-->less foreign sales? But recently Fox has had lot of bad shit produced anyways, so I'm guessing they've been selling bulk, not quality. But I agree to you that those songs released in Europe as in US, Kurt and Hummelberry songs sell only to a small niche that likes the storylines and the characters anyway.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Heyerchick 4/29/2012, 6:12 pm

I think if Chris truly wanted to sing more, he would fight his corner. And, being Chris, he wouldn't have to fight very hard. Ryan indulges Chris; it seems the entire production does. He wants NeNe Leakes as Coach Roz, he gets her. He wants a number on a rollercoaster, Ryan makes it happen. He wants to sing IHN in the original key, the Anders go along with it. But he has tremendous love and respect for his castmates; I personally can't see him arguing to sing more if that meant someone else sang less. Music isn't in his career plan, whereas it is in the career plan of Amber, Naya and Darren: I can see him supporting their efforts, including in-character in Glee. Singing for Chris is an actor tool and his numbers have always had story relevance for Kurt.
Heyerchick
Heyerchick
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sminky 4/29/2012, 6:24 pm

I agree Heyerchick. I've never got the impression that singing for singing's sake really means much to Chris. If he fought for more songs, I think he'd probably get them. It is really frustrating, but when it comes right down to it and I have to choose (which is what it seems to be coming down to, unfortunately) I would rather Kurt got focus and storylines than songs.

However, I think Chris will kill Not The Boy Next Door this week and really make people sit up and take notice Smile
Sminky
Sminky
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next