Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TV Series you want to discuss, it's here

+27
ColferInspired
coxfire
Georgette888
Buenos
Ireth
glimmerle
Lottie2303
ColdFlame96
arina
Glorfindel
bayth
MoviesAreLife
valkeakuulas
Sani
zuppid
ChrisColferFan1
emilynna
ColferGirl
BlueJazz
Emile
Kurt Hummel
Delight
paulopf
tanita_mors
brisallie
fantastica
Shinra17
31 posters

Page 23 of 27 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Go down

TV Series you want to discuss, it's here - Page 23 Empty Re: TV Series you want to discuss, it's here

Post  Ireth 7/11/2014, 6:01 am

I've stopped thinking highly of the Emmys...It's great if you win/get nominated but it is not the gauge of how talented an actor you are.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

TV Series you want to discuss, it's here - Page 23 Empty Re: TV Series you want to discuss, it's here

Post  ColferInspired 7/11/2014, 10:45 am

I can not understand how Orphan back, especially Tatiana got know nominations.  Shocked 

Though I love love they ones that Orange Is The Black are up for.

Especially Laverne Cox.  wub 

I hope she wins as she will be the very first transgender woman to win and Emmy and this will be big for the trangender black woman community and transgender women and teens everywhere and even transgender men as well.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/11/2014, 12:44 pm

emmy has always been a popularity contest. less popular shows will never get picked.

OB doesn't have enough buzz or its producers didn't create enough buzz.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/6/2014, 4:43 pm

Do anybody here watch Game of Thrones? If recall this series was previously commented on this thread, but my memory is kinda blurry so please excuse me if I don't remember details.

Is been a month since I started watched it and I'm addictive!, and quoting Chris, yes is a violent series, quite dramatic as well. But aside of that, I find so interesting the story and personally I'm someone who's into medieval times ,as I always have found that period mysterious, with a questionable moral, and as long as you were powerful everything was allowed. In addition, I love that characters have layers,is more realistic, with the exception of Joffrey who's pure evilness.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/7/2014, 6:04 pm

^ gee how can i missed your post?! i love GOT! i can't wait for the author to finish the damn book series. they just ended the best book and i am not sure how it will play out next year. let's see.

i am following Outlanders now. also from a well known book series. anybody watching?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 9/8/2014, 9:59 am

i'm downloading it, but still haven't seen it. i've heard good things about it, that it's a good adaptation so far. and people keep saying it's one of the best romance/time travel series they have ever red so i'm intrigued. (already acquired all the books). i'll be definitely watching it and reading.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/8/2014, 12:45 pm

i watched the pilot on youtube:

the whole series is in a slow pace. no it doesn't have a pacing issue. it's just a slow developing story. after i watched the pilot i wasn't sure i wanted to continue, but my mom did, so we continued. now 5 episodes are shown and i am really into it. it's like a slow brewing pot of stew - it definitely gets richer and better as time goes on. Razz

won't spoil any for you guys, for now.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 9/13/2014, 8:24 am

So, I really am looking forward to The Flash. Which is so very ironic, because I did not even manage 5 minutes of Arrow and I doubt I ever will return watching that show. But I am sold on so many levels and so happy for Grant. Obviously now I want Chris to guest-star and create some shipping Kurtbastian goodness tonguue
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 9/13/2014, 12:49 pm

i love arrow. it's the best superhero show i've seen. the only thing that is missing, that smallville did better, was the overarching villain (lex lutor was the brilliance of that show). arrow hasn't found that, but given that we will be introduced to Ra's al Ghul this season, it may get that as well. the acting is relatively good (the lead has improved over time). the lead female has been a disappointment but given the fact that she is slowly being pushed aside for the what used to be the secundary love interest, who is a fan favorite aka. felicity, i don't really care. as long as laurel doesn't become black canary, arrow is a perfect show.

i also saw the flash pilot and loved it as well.
Spoiler:
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 9/13/2014, 7:02 pm

There are two aspects that really make Arrow unattractive:
- I have zero interest in rich jocks
- I have a zero tolerance policy when I so heavily dislike characters, that it clouds my overall enjoyment. I read enough about Laurel to stay very far away from her.

I tried watching. I literally switched off after 5 minutes. Sometimes you just know a show isn't yours. Smile

Spoiler:

Grant did an excellent job. At the end, I am not a comic fan. I am bored with most Marvel movies. So, I am actually very shocked how much I liked the episode, because I wasn't fond of the promo at all.

On that very ironic note, Gotham looks pretty cool too!
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/14/2014, 3:52 pm

just watched the flash. not bad. great role for Grant. looking forward to the next episode. the question is when. Smile
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 9/14/2014, 5:38 pm

well, this was a preair. so the premier should be end of september/ start of october (arrow is on october 8th if i'm not mistaken) so it's around that time.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/14/2014, 6:51 pm

how did flash find arrow near the end? did i miss something? did they know each other before? i've never watched arrow so please fill me in on the inside scoops.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 9/14/2014, 7:47 pm

fantastica wrote:how did flash find arrow near the end? did i miss something? did they know each other before? i've never watched arrow so please fill me in on the inside scoops.

The Arrow episodes that introduced Barry Allen:

The Arrow season 2 episode 8:

The Arrow season 2 episode 9:
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/14/2014, 8:49 pm

^ thank you my dear!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 9/15/2014, 4:57 pm

fantastica wrote:^ gee how can i missed your post?! i love GOT! i can't wait for the author to finish the damn book series. they just ended the best book and i am not sure how it will play out next year. let's see.

i am following Outlanders now. also from a well known book series. anybody watching?

Its fine. I'm glad to see there's another fan Razz I so love GOT, I can't wait for next season. As for the books, I haven't read them, but I've read some details and differences on internet.

What?! The Flash was already premiered? Didn't know about it :(
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/15/2014, 5:44 pm

Flash as a stand alone SERIES doesn't premiere until Oct.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/15/2014, 5:45 pm

flash hasn't premiered. we've watched a jsklajds;adf copy from the internet. bad quality on a large screen but better than nothing.

i suggest you do not read the GOT books. it really takes the enjoyment out of watching. seriously. besides, the book series hasn't finished yet, and i am not sure when the author will ever be able to finish it. :-(
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/18/2014, 1:41 pm

i have been watching that "under the dome" show since last year. i have a love and hate feeling for it. the show is so idiotic but also kinda intriguing. i am still watching. i honestly don't like any single character on that show, and i find the acting/directing mostly low-budgety.

btw, i just realized that Max Ehrich (not sure about the spelling) is in the second season. i am kind of surprised that he's not a kid anymore. maybe he was never a kid?

i hope this series won't go past season 2. it's getting unbearable.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 9/28/2014, 12:56 pm

TV Series you want to discuss, it's here - Page 23 719939

Just marathon-ed the first season of ‘Please Like Me’, and I quite like it.

This show is a comedy-drama about a sweet, awkward and somewhat jaded 20 year old young man suddenly thrust into the role of carer for his depressed mother. There’s also a story in there about that same young man discovering that he has been living in the closet and how he’s thrust out of it, and the nonchalant way that the his friends and family took the news made for some amusing and funny moments on the show. The acting by the cast is superb, especially the mother; and the dialogue feels painfully honest and real at times. It’s really refreshing to watch.

The actor for the main character of the show also wrote the show (Josh Thomas); and the show, in certain aspects, is semi-autobiographical.

I won’t deny it— I have a soft spot for gay young men who are talented artistes, who can act and write well, and are funny and self-deprecating.   tonguue

So, because the show is getting appallingly low viewership in its home country despite its quality (and thank goodness a US TV network picked it up, otherwise it would've ended with the first season), I would encourage that anyone who's interested to watch it on ABC iview (for free).
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 9/28/2014, 10:39 pm

Delight wrote:TV Series you want to discuss, it's here - Page 23 719939

Just marathon-ed the first season of ‘Please Like Me’, and I quite like it.

This show is a comedy-drama about a sweet, awkward and somewhat jaded 20 year old young man suddenly thrust into the role of carer for his depressed mother. There’s also a story in there about that same young man discovering that he has been living in the closet and how he’s thrust out of it, and the nonchalant way that the his friends and family took the news made for some amusing and funny moments on the show. The acting by the cast is superb, especially the mother; and the dialogue feels painfully honest and real at times. It’s really refreshing to watch.

The actor for the main character of the show also wrote the show (Josh Thomas); and the show, in certain aspects, is semi-autobiographical.

I won’t deny it— I have a soft spot for gay young men who are talented artistes, who can act and write well, and are funny and self-deprecating.   tonguue

So, because the show is getting appallingly low viewership in its home country despite its quality (and thank goodness a US TV network picked it up, otherwise it would've ended with the first season), I would encourage that anyone who's interested to watch it on ABC iview (for free).

I watched this on the ABC.

Josh Thomas is one of my favourite comedians.

He wrote this and he shows he has real talent.

I was unable to watch the second season that is airing, but I really want to watch it.

And what is this about the pilot of Flash?

I did not know about this as I wanted to watch it. :(

Is there anyway of watching it in on-line?

Or a download or something?
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 9/28/2014, 11:09 pm

ColferInspired wrote:

Here ya go - The Flash Pilot:

The Flash is set to air October 7 on Tuesdays at 8 (sound like a familiar time? - I love that it's being scheduled against Blee.)
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 9/28/2014, 11:21 pm

bayth wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:

Here ya go - The Flash Pilot:

The Flash is set to air October 7 on Tuesdays at 8 (sound like a familiar time? - I love that it's being scheduled against Blee.)

Thanks, I'll watch this when I get home. neutre

I am at work, though there are no customers at the moment.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 9/29/2014, 1:33 am

"How To Get Away With Murder".

I have not watched it yet, but I hear it is really good. neutre 

14 thousand viewers for the pilot.

A black female lead.

Gay characters. Conner who is gay.

Wes is black and could be gay, bi or pan. Will wait until the series continues if it is shown.

And gay sex scenes.

By the looks of it one token white straight guy.

I am waiting to download it but have been too busy or too tired, as when I get home all I want to do is go to bed.

Last edited by ColferInspired on 9/29/2014, 5:23 am; edited 1 time in total
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/29/2014, 2:16 am

"How to get a away with Murder" the premiere was highly entertaining and Viola Davis is amazing...
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 27 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next