Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TV Series you want to discuss, it's here

+27
ColferInspired
coxfire
Georgette888
Buenos
Ireth
glimmerle
Lottie2303
ColdFlame96
arina
Glorfindel
bayth
MoviesAreLife
valkeakuulas
Sani
zuppid
ChrisColferFan1
emilynna
ColferGirl
BlueJazz
Emile
Kurt Hummel
Delight
paulopf
tanita_mors
brisallie
fantastica
Shinra17
31 posters

Page 22 of 27 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 27  Next

Go down

TV Series you want to discuss, it's here - Page 22 Empty Re: TV Series you want to discuss, it's here

Post  Lottie2303 7/3/2014, 12:23 pm

For whatever strange reason, I am not bummed about Sherlock. I knew there is going to be an hiatus, and the last cliffhanger was pretty much a lackluster compared to S2.

So, I am just very happy the show returns and we actually have a set date. With such in-demand actors, it is a miracle the show even managed to get a forth season.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

TV Series you want to discuss, it's here - Page 22 Empty Re: TV Series you want to discuss, it's here

Post  fantastica 7/3/2014, 6:08 pm

i am not cray about sherlock. everybody talks super fast i don't even have time to read the subtitles fast enough, and the camera work is super fast and all the words popping around - nice effects but i just can't keep up. the result is i don't understand who is who and what's going on half the time. it gets really tedious. 

ok i don't blame the show, but my brain can't keep up w/ it. it's not made for me. it's made for today's multitask-w/-10-devices-simultaneously generation.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 7/8/2014, 5:11 am

Am I the only one who is freaking bored with the new Teen Wolf season?! Like, I don't even hate the show, I am just very preoccupied while watching new episodes, I don't care for all the new characters and suddenly I am suppose to love all those new people despite not giving me any reasons for it.

On top with all the fandom wank (Crystal calling out the TW set as sexist, the treatment of Sterek shipper despite MTV loving them when it comes to voting/winning polls...), I really am not sure I will stick around much longer.

Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 7/8/2014, 7:08 am

something is missing, but it's not all bad. i know it's a rear opinion in the TW fandom, but i rather like malia and stiles and malia. i feel like lydia should have a bit more to do as well as my personal fave, peter. scott has always been the weak link in the show and now without alison to pull him i feel like that is even more evident. him and the fox girl have zero chemistry and she is super bland to me. but unlike the last few seasons i feel like derek finally has a storyline. as for sterek, i have never cared to it. they play well of each other, but that is about it as far as i'm concerned. i've said it before, shippers moan far to much for my linking, not only in teen wolf but in other fandoms as well. and as someone wrote on another forum, i feel this season is sort of a new world building. they lost some big cast members and adjusting is nececery. i still fell that the shows BIGGEST problem is an incredibly weak lead actor and weak lead character (scott has to be the WORST alfa in history. can't wait for my peter to take control again.).
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 7/8/2014, 7:49 am

banzai MTE.

Scott has always been the weakest link and character imo too. Stiles and Derek (but not Sterek) are my favorites and their actors bring the quality to the show. I like Peter a lot too (although he sometimes creeps me out, especially round the time when he resurrected from being dead).
The new girls are okay to me, they are imo as equally interesting as Alison (who I never really liked tbh).

But I like the older characters a lot as well: the parents (Stiles' dad, Alison's dad, Scott's mom), the Lacrosse coach and Dr. Deaton. They are maybe even more interesting to me than the kids.

And yes, Derek finally gets his own storyline instead of always running around to help Scott and/or being in one way or another tortured.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 7/8/2014, 9:01 am

I never watch a show for a ship. When the storyline is great, I can happily ship in fanon and enjoy the show. So Sterek not ever becoming canon? I could deal with it, if I would watch an amazing S4. The reason I mentioned Sterek is, that for once I believe this fandom really gets judged harshly. There is no day I don't see posts about Sterek fans being called delusional, crazy, selfish and much worse. Death threats and motivations to commit suicide are also regularly send to Sterek shippers. Of course there are also nutjobs in the Sterek fandom. But when the lead actor calls out Sterek fans as "delusional, twisted and wrong" and us Sterek fans are not even allowed to be sad about this statement, then something is very wrong. Especially because TW developed and received so much great word-of-mouth marketing because the initial Sterek fans really promoted the show.

Anyhow, Stiles, Derek and Lydia are my favs. I am happy they have SL's and enjoy their arcs. I like Malia as a character but the Stalia relationship is really not doing her any good. I would prefer to watch a feral girl adjusting to normal life instead of seeing yet again another cheesy romance. Furthermore, I want Stiles to be bisexual and I don't care with whom he hooks up. I just want it confirmed and I don't want hims stuck to a pointless SL.

Scott is really the weakest link. Allison was never my favorite, but Crystal could act. And her presence is solely missing.

In general, the acting really is divided right now. You have Stiles, Derek and Lydia plus all the adults (incl. Peter) who really slay their scenes. And then you have Scott, Kira and also Malia (especially when she is paired with Scott like last episode) and the acting sometimes is atrocious.

Gah, I just am not happy right now with the new season. It all feels like shiny new toys. Teen Wolf is so strong because of the core cast (sans Scott) and personally I find they are wasting it by introducing endless new characters and stories, while they should focus on the main leads.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 7/8/2014, 9:17 am

I know very little about the Teen Wolf fandom, so I can't comment on how Sterek shippers are treated, but purely imo I think that as Sterek is nothing but a fun fanon ship with 2 characters who's sexualities have not been confirmed as compatible in the show (although I agree that Stiles is at least very bi-curious) I can't really see how fans can 'demand' from the writers to invest more into their relationship, or feel neglected or even "robbed" by them.  saispa 

And also imho: strictly from what I see on my dash it seems that the fanon(!) Sterek ship is taking up a lot of the overall fandom experience of Teen Wolf. Personally I too want to enjoy all I can get from Sterek's dynamics because I like both characters and both actors, but Sterek =/= Teen Wolf.
It's unfortunate that the lead actor/character alpha wolf Scott is such a wet blanket, but the show is about the entire pack (werewolves and non-werewolves) and its dynamics, and with the horrible Glee (fandom) experiences in the back of my mind I hate for any show/fandom to be so dominated by one single ship, in Teen Wolf's case a ship that's not even canon. 

Again: my opinion is purely based on what I see on my dash. I have firmly decided not to go into the Teen Wolf fandom for real: I just enjoy the show and the occasional gifs that show up on my dash.

I think Lydia is the most interesting female character, and her actress is very good.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 7/8/2014, 9:34 am

Don't worry. I get your point. As you said, as long as I like and enjoy the storyline, I don't need Sterek to happen. Also in case if ever happens, I don't want Sterek to dominate the storyline. I want all the stories from the different characters and their adventures. In general, I wish TW would bypass ALL romance and only show on the sidelines, as I actually watch the show for the mystery and thriller and also sometimes horror.

Fans can never demand a certain SL should happen. However with Sterek and how MTV treats the ship and how the main actor outright calls a certain part of the fans "wrong, twisted and delusional". Of course there is some distraught. In general, I am just annoyed that the Sterek fandom has a very negative image even outside of the TW fandom and I think it is a bit unfair and sometimes not based on facts. Especially a lot happened between Sterek fans and MTV (I am too lazy to type them out). Not all annoyance is without reason. That is all I wanted to clarify. More importantly, Sterek fans are in for Stiles AND Derek. It is not like Klaine, where fans only care for one party.

Furthermore, I don't don't enjoy TW anymore because of the lack of Sterek. The fandom wank in the last week was just also very extreme and obviously influences your overall opinion. But I have many problems with S4. Sterek is actually not one of them, as I loved the Stiles /baby Derek scenes last episode. The two cracked me up.

Nonetheless, I really want Stiles to be bisexual. That is and will remain my main concern. Plus Derek and happiness. And Lydia and finally having a SL unrelated to boys. I cannot believe how little we got of Lydia's banshee power so far, even though we know about it for more then one season. And many Stilinksi-family feels.

My main complaint, aside from all shipping and preferences: the main SL really bores me. I don't care about Lacrosse and Scott fearing for his captain status. I don't care for some new kid who is athletic and obviously a Jackson replica. I want female characters who are not all linked to the male characters (that scene in Ep1 with Kira, Malia, Braeden and Lydia really stood out. Such a powerful group of ladies. And every single one of them is or will be paired up with a guy. While Liam most likely will have an entire arc totally unrelated to much girldrama). Also it really gives the show no favor that Scott is such a boring character and Tyler Posey really limited as actor.

It just... agh, obviously I type about a lot today, so I am still passionate. But TW reaches Glee levels when it comes to enjoying the show. Not as bad as Glee, but still I am just not excited anymore and I feel like the show is making many wrong calls and focuses on wrong plot lines. I just... I give it S4 before I give up.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 7/8/2014, 9:37 am

i feel the same way about once upon a time and swan queen. sure, i see it and i would even say that i'm a swan queen shipper and i'm not a huge fan of hook or hook/emma , but i sure as hell am not gonna boycott the show or call the writers homophobes because it ain't canon. i mean really. that is why i always say that shipping (het/slash) has destroyed modern tv experience. another thing that seams to be done less and less as of late is chemistry tests for actors who will play love interests or couples. imo, that is a big mistake. god know i can mention quite the list of alpha couples in shows that have less chemistry then beta ones or those actors with other actors on the same show. chem tests need to be effing mandatory.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 7/8/2014, 9:52 am

My main complaint, aside from all shipping and preferences: the main SL really bores me. I don't care about Lacrosse and Scott fearing for his captain status. I don't care for some new kid who is athletic and obviously a Jackson replica. I want female characters who are not all linked to the male characters (that scene in Ep1 with Kira, Malia, Braeden and Lydia really stood out. Such a powerful group of ladies. And every single one of them is or will be paired up with a guy. While Liam most likely will have an entire arc totally unrelated to much girldrama). Also it really gives the show no favor that Scott is such a boring character and Tyler Posey really limited as actor.

in general i agree. still think that scott is THE PROBLEM. most storylines stem from him as a character and they don't ring true because he is so weak. i mean, the fact that he made his first beta should be fascinating, but i i see is that this guy is not ready to be anyone mentor. and the sad thing is that the biggest psychopath in the group (peter) was bu far the most competent alpha, and that includes derek. also, scott is dumb and doesn't think things throw. when you have a guy who is an idiot with such impulssivity, it's a bad combo.

i agree about lydia. she is an incredibly intelligent and capable girl, yet the only way she feels validated if she has a guy drooling for her. and even as they said this is her season, i have yet to see anything to relation of her. i've seen more malia then lydia development. honestly, lydia's best season was when she was being driven crazy by the peter ghost. and they really had a strange but fascinating dynamic as he is basically her banshee maker, just like he was scotts. why isn't that explored more.

the new lacross guy is as antipathetic to me as his predecessor, jackson. i don't how people in the fandom felt about jackson, but i couldn't stand colton haynes (and feel the same way about him on arrow as well, maybe it's his duchebag face). but looking at season 3 and 4 it's evident to me that he was supost to be peter's son and that would have worked.

as for style's bisexuality, i don't have an opinion on that. it works for me either way.

they defiantly have a strength in the older cast (the sheriff, scott's mom, alison's dad,...)
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 7/8/2014, 9:55 am

^ It is no coincidence that most popular couples on television nowadays are either:

- fanon couples (het as well as slash)
- supporting characters as couple with no main focus

Even more, many times couples are set up by the producers but they don't work in the show. I don't watch Arrow, but they have the same problem to convince people of Arrow dude and Laurel (?). People however LOVE and SHIP Felicity and Arrow.

It is many times just lazy writing but people just assume: female and male + pretty = instant chemistry with no proper story needed.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 7/8/2014, 10:58 am

I agree about (boring) romances taking up too much time in Teen Wolf, and many other shows (looking at you, Glee).

I also never liked Jackson, and his actor just doesn't look sympathetic to me, sorry.

And Lydia should have had much more development. She seems so interesting, but I still don't really know what a banshee can do except screaming and finding dead people.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 7/8/2014, 11:24 am

The new Teen Wolf season has been underwhelming, but I have to say the past few episodes were better than the series premiere which was just bad.

I'm upset that the girls don't get much development unless it's of the love interest variety, when they all are or have the potential to be interesting characters. But the new guy is probably going to get a big storyline about becoming a werewolf and being Scott's first convert.  dryy 

I do love the adults like Melissa, Chris and the Sheriff. And Derek has become more interesting to me.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 7/8/2014, 7:00 pm

Ireth wrote:The new Teen Wolf season has been underwhelming, but I have to say the past few episodes were better than the series premiere which was just bad.

Ha, I thought I was alone with the season premiere. It was so boring and the acting as atrocious. Really, I am not kidding when I say I almost fell asleep.  tonguue 

I'm upset that the girls don't get much development unless it's of the love interest variety, when they all are or have the potential to be interesting characters. But the new guy is probably going to get a big storyline about becoming a werewolf and being Scott's first convert.  dryy 

This, this and this.

I do love the adults like Melissa, Chris and the Sheriff.

Not so fond of Chris actually, as I perceive him as a major hypocrite. But I love the Sheriff, Melissa, even Peter because he is so deliciously evil. In general, I have to agree the adults and family stories are the more intriguing then all the stupid romance.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 7/8/2014, 7:54 pm

^Chris is actually my most favorite adult. He was not too rigid in his (very firm) believes to change his loyalty when certain rules of conduct and fairness were broken and the other side, the enemy, were done injustice to by his own family.

He lost his sister, his wife, his daughter, and in a way his father, and yet he still tries to do the right thing, sometimes against his former upbringing and instincts.
His motivation to do things (or not) is quite fascinating imo.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 7/9/2014, 7:14 am

Lottie2303 wrote:
Ireth wrote:The new Teen Wolf season has been underwhelming, but I have to say the past few episodes were better than the series premiere which was just bad.

Ha, I thought I was alone with the season premiere. It was so boring and the acting as atrocious. Really, I am not kidding when I say I almost fell asleep.  tonguue 

I almost didn't watch episode 2 because I was so disappointed in the premiere, but since I'm used to watching shows that keep disappointing me (*cough*Glee*cough*) I decided to stick with it.  neutre 

Glorfindel wrote:^Chris is actually my most favorite adult. He was not too rigid in his (very firm) believes to change his loyalty when certain rules of conduct and fairness were broken and the other side, the enemy, were done injustice to by his own family.

He lost his sister, his wife, his daughter, and in a way his father, and yet he still tries to do the right thing, sometimes against his former upbringing and instincts.
His motivation to do things (or not) is quite fascinating imo.

Chris may not be my favorite adult, but I find him and his motivations very fascinating. Good acting + interesting character = win.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 7/9/2014, 1:04 pm

Well, the ratings are dropping quite dramatically. So I guess we are not alone with our assumption.

I find Chris very fascinating. He is not my favorite character, because I find him hypocritical, but he is still interesting. However, I must say I would have preferred Victoria to stick around. Though I must say her death was really dramatic and well done.

Nonetheless with Chris and the hunters, I feel like TW never really established a good balance. Especially in S1 I saw no reason whatsoever why the hunters should act so violently. The show wanted us to be torn between the two parties, but I never saw any of the main cast werewolves acting out of line that they deserved such a harsh and violent treatment. I mean, Chris is the one who smashes windows, but then demands Derek and Co are all little puppies in return as he otherwise will kill them.

I get *why* Jeff writes the hunters as he writes them. And obviously a lot of development happened and Chris is very much supporting werewolves now. I also get it is a very good development and story progression. My problem, I never had a problem to chose a side and I don't believe that was intentional. We were supposed to have an internal conflict.

Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 7/10/2014, 8:43 am

Lottie2303 wrote: We were supposed to have an internal conflict.

We were? I thought it was supposed to be obvious that we're supposed to be on the werewolves' side and not the hunters'.  blushh
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 7/10/2014, 10:04 am

Fucking Emmys are a joke. No Tatiana.  No 
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 7/10/2014, 10:25 am

^And no Glee either.  uhuhu 

Ireth wrote:We were? I thought it was supposed to be obvious that we're supposed to be on the werewolves' side and not the hunters'.  blushh
That was my impression from the start on too. I think we were supposed to only gradually gain some sympathy for the Argent side of things.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 7/10/2014, 12:52 pm

^ It is the impression I got. Nevermind, we can all agree to disagree Smile

The Emmy's are a joke. It shows the voting committee actually doesn't really watch television and appreacites real, outstanding talent. It is all about money and connections. Because OB is a sci-fi show on BBC America, they never stood a chance. However in the process the Emmy's are losing quite a bit of recognition because Tatiana Maslany was trending on Twitter and the general reaction was outrage.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 7/10/2014, 1:54 pm

frankly i don't care how fringe or genre a show is, with the amount of buzz about the actress and the work she is doing that is being praised by EVERYONE, how is it posible that they didn't even consider it. it is a total joke. and not the only one.

for example, while i'm happy benedict cumberbatch got nominated, i fail to see the point of doing it for "his last vow", while the second episode "The Sign of Three" was his acting at it's best.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 7/10/2014, 4:58 pm

^ I just finished watching "The Sign of Three" again and have to agree. It is actually my favorite episode of S3, because it is so different, focused on the relationships and still has so many tiny stories that are connected in the end. I also want more Sherlock-Archie stories to follow. The acting is superb.

The Emmys are already losing credibility and everyone agrees Tatiana Maslany is currently the best actress working as actress currently. Or lets rephrase that, as there are many amazing actresses, but no one has such an demanding job and convinces the audience so seamlessly of many various characters so amazingly as T.M. Not even getting a nomination is a joke, as the Emmy should have been already hers a year ago.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 7/10/2014, 5:09 pm

It looks like only the shows that get hugely promoted for the members get a nomination.  saispa 

Of course every fan, whose show wasn't nominated can say that, but I do have to agree that as far as acting is concerned Maslany does a extremely good job. Another snub is definately not giving Andrew Haigh nothing for Looking.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 7/10/2014, 7:14 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:^ I just finished watching "The Sign of Three" again and have to agree. It is actually my favorite episode of S3, because it is so different, focused on the relationships and still has so many tiny stories that are connected in the end. I also want more Sherlock-Archie stories to follow. The acting is superb.
I agree as well.
Well, at least he got nominated.  saispa 

The Emmys are already losing credibility and everyone agrees Tatiana Maslany is currently the best actress working as actress currently. Or lets rephrase that, as there are many amazing actresses, but no one has such an demanding job and convinces the audience so seamlessly of many various characters so amazingly as T.M.  Not even getting a nomination is a joke, as the Emmy should have been already hers a year ago.
Basically this.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 27 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 27  Next