Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 3

+33
mellama
Heyerchick
ChrisColferFan1
BlueJazz
Catt24
Ireth
CCfan93
Buenos
kac
red texta
sahhar
E-ko
arina
Jellyrolls
Porcelainbyfire
M&M
ColferGirl
Vir Cotto
paulopf
Divalicious
valkeakuulas
CloveGlee
brisallie
Glorfindel
tanita_mors
Ces
ColferInspired
Emile
Shinra17
Delight
fantastica
Dame Loli
dap1217
37 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 3

Post  Shinra17 4/15/2012, 3:42 pm

fantastica wrote: dryy

shinra is determined to make me feel inferior because I caught him w/ some important typo regarding praying mantis' anatomy and he's jealous of my superior knowledge of hte animal kingdom. vexe
Lol why do you write 3 km long sentence to explain something simple lol. Btw, I've just written sth to improve your superior knowledge of the animal kingdom in the community board Smile

paulopf wrote:Oh! Really? You corrected him on something related to praying mantis? Hahaha. I would have liked to see that. Wait a second! You're that good at catching typos and spelling mistakes? Now I'm nervous!
Don't worry, just look at the way she transforms all her "the" into "hte", you can recognize all her posts better than she does Smile

Just a little explaination about the threads, Paulo: this thread is used to "vent" yourself, like saying something that might be harsch for a fan of the opposite board, it can be something spoilerish at the same time, therefore the use of spoiler tags here. If you just wish to talk about a spoiler in a rather civil way, it's better to do it in the spoiler thread, the discussion is easier there without the tags Wink
(I'm not talking about what you're going to discuss, since I don't know what it is, well sort of Laughing )
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 3

Post  fantastica 4/15/2012, 4:27 pm

paulo, that spoiler is most likely false so I wouldn't invest that much brain juice into digesting it.

Shinra, my typo is legendary and I am proud to be different. vexe
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/15/2012, 4:40 pm

^You're a unicorn, Kim, and don't let Shinra convince you otherwise. fanny2
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/15/2012, 4:49 pm

thanks marie! bisou

so, me being unicorn means I am "horny"... wait, this sounds wrong... Razz
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 4/15/2012, 5:46 pm

Maybe it means you're uni-finger when you type? moque
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/15/2012, 5:58 pm

^ have you been hacking into my webcam streaming??? :angry:
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/15/2012, 6:07 pm

Shinra17 wrote:Maybe it means you're uni-finger when you type? moque

Hey Shinra! What's the problem with people who're uni-finger at typing? dryy

I have that characteristic blushh tonguue

brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/15/2012, 6:22 pm

people type w/ one finger aren't good typist.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/15/2012, 7:26 pm

fantastica wrote:people type w/ one finger aren't good typist.

Please Kim don't makes me feel worse than my mom makes me feel. She usually mocks me for this thing ¬¬ I'm working how to use all my fingers.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Vir Cotto 4/15/2012, 7:32 pm

Spoiler:

Last edited by Vir Cotto on 4/15/2012, 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Sorry!)
Vir Cotto
Vir Cotto
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/15/2012, 7:33 pm

no sweetie, it's not me who feel bad. it's shinra who tried to make me feel bad and it rubbed onto you instead. fanny2

actually shinra should know thta I type w/ all of my digits otherwise i woudn't be making mistakes like "hte" instead of "the".
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 4/15/2012, 7:52 pm

Vir Cotto wrote:
Spoiler:

I think this is at the heart of my anger, too.

Spoiler:

Edited for spoilers. Sorry. blushh I forget which thread I'm posting in sometimes.

Last edited by ColferGirl on 4/15/2012, 8:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/15/2012, 7:58 pm

^ ladies, I think you should put your discussions in spoiler tags. neutre
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  CloveGlee 4/15/2012, 8:54 pm

Conclusion: I don't think TPTB think Chris can sing anything other than broadway diva songs. Either that, or he does not sell enough downloads to please them.

They are not going to let him sing unless the narrative absolutely requires it, and there is simply nothing we can do. They know how we feel about this, and they just don't give a crap.

CloveGlee
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 4/15/2012, 9:13 pm

CloveGlee wrote:Conclusion: I don't think TPTB think Chris can sing anything other than broadway diva songs. Either that, or he does not sell enough downloads to please them.

They are not going to let him sing unless the narrative absolutely requires it, and there is simply nothing we can do. They know how we feel about this, and they just don't give a crap.

What bugs me is that even Darren this season only has mediocre sales, and the songs that sell are current hits.

Chris got to 7 on Perfect when he sung it and his Beatles songs did well (IWHYH, 4 for a few days and I know BB did well). He isn't on enough popular songs to see if he can compare. I think its alot of trying to appease who they think has the largest fan base, simply because Darren's stans all tweet more. That's my opinion at least.
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/15/2012, 9:14 pm

^ you may be right. I just watched the biol channel glee special and they talked about music sales, and it seems that its not just hte incidental result of the tv show, but is a branch of this franchise that ties into the show. therefore it makes perfect sense if it has quite some impact on who sings what.

they are not only giving certain cast members more songs, but these are hottest/top selling songs by its original artists. I speculate that they actually set some sort of quotas (as to how much to let certain people sing) to ensure certain business profit from the song sales.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  CloveGlee 4/15/2012, 9:17 pm

fantastica wrote:^ you may be right. I just watched the biol channel glee special and they talked about music sales, and it seems that its not just hte incidental result of the tv show, but is a branch of this franchise that ties into the show. therefore it makes perfect sense if it has quite some impact on who sings what.

they are not only giving certain cast members more songs, but these are hottest/top selling songs by its original artists. I speculate that they actually set some sort of quotas (as to how much to let certain people sing) to ensure certain business profit from the song sales.

I just tweeted Brad. My god, I've had it.

I've had it with Glee entirely.

CloveGlee
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/15/2012, 9:28 pm

Claire I somehow couldn't retweet yours so I tweeted a similar one.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 4/15/2012, 11:18 pm

I've read some comments about the "feminization" of Kurt to prove Blaine as more manly. I would agree that the show wants Blaine to exhibit enough traditionally "masculine" traits to keep his segment of fans interested, but I disagree about Kurt being "feminized" to accomplish that. Kurt has always been Kurt, with his penchant for liking to be considered an "honorary girl" included.

Spoiler:

Last edited by paulopf on 4/16/2012, 12:58 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : To quote the song so I could explain myself better. Edited a second time after realizing part of my comment contained spoilers and this is not the right thread for posting those with no cut. I'm sorry. The spoiler tool did not work properly.)
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/16/2012, 12:10 am

paulopf wrote:
CloveGlee wrote:
Shinra17 wrote:
CloveGlee wrote:
Shinra17 wrote:^ Welcome to the board Valkeakuulas! ^^

Personally, I also blame DC for being a weak and non-committed actor but I'm above all a colferite, so whatever happen in the fictional world of Glee, I prefer to laugh about it Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 3 - Page 3 650269930
I don't think he's any worse than most of them. It's just the overkill for insufficient reason that is the problem, and it's mostly a writing problem. Darren commits very much when singing, and he's very mainstream.
Not necessarily worse but to me, absolutely not committed to the gay nature of his character as soon as he's not in the front in a scene with Kurt. I have already expressed myself enough on this topic and given the details that base my POV, so I'll stop here. The perception of something like this is of course depending on each one's sensitivity, I'm gay, I know how a gay looks at a girl or sit next to her, even when they're close, it's nearly natural that you don't perceive these things the same way.

Absolutely true. I am straight. I would not be as aware - but all of us know that Blaine flirts too much with women to not be at least bisexual.

Hm. Flirting with women as a game is not strange behavior coming from some very gay, not bisexual at all guys. Sometimes said game is completely innocuous, when both gay guy and woman enjoy it playfully, knowing it'll have no consequences. Sometimes, though, it's right out malicious: some gay guys would flirt with women to keep their hopes up, even if the women in question know they're gay, cause they like the attention.

And we all know as I think is becoming canon, Blaine is an attention whore.

And was sorry to here what happened to you Cloveglee. That was dreadful. Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 3 - Page 3 4249845411

This is my first ever fandom, so I have never come across anything like that.

I can understand having had some reservations about posting. I live in another country so I would probably never experience that, but to know some crazy morons do something like that is insane.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Porcelainbyfire 4/16/2012, 1:02 am

I just wanted to say the reason I think Chris almost never sings is because he doesn't want a record deal. This season Naya got a huge boost in the amount of songs she sings and I've read that we should be hearing about an album from her this summer. Darren and Amber is also working on an album for summer. I think from a business point of view it makes sense in the long run because Glee is not only a tv show its connected to a record label that also needs to maximize its profits. For example if Chris were to sing Smooth Criminal and it did really well that would be the end of the road as far as profits go for the record label branch of Glee. But with Naya they get the money from the itunes sales and promote her as a future artist witch leads to potentially more money when she releases her album. So when she comes out with her album she already has a large audience that familiar/comfortable with her and its easier to get her single off the ground. I think the same principle goes for the other top singers. It still pisses me off though.

Porcelainbyfire
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 4/16/2012, 1:49 am

paulopf wrote:I've read some comments about the "feminization" of Kurt to prove Blaine as more manly. I would agree that the show wants Blaine to exhibit enough traditionally "masculine" traits to keep his segment of fans interested, but I disagree about Kurt being "feminized" to accomplish that. Kurt has always been Kurt, with his penchant for liking to be considered an "honorary girl" included.

Spoiler:

I agree with you Paulo....Kurt has always been feminine, all the way back in season 1, when Blaine wasn't a factor, to now. He's always been more feminine than masculine (IMO), and I don't think there's anything wrong with that....to be honest one of the things I love about Kurt's character is how he so flawlessly combines both feminine and masculine traits in himself. (Though, and I've mentioned it previously elsewhere, I wish society would stop labeling personality traits and interests - and more - in two rigid categories like this, in just "masculine" or "feminine", because it causes all sorts of problems and *all* people are equally capable of exhibiting any trait...but that's a rant for a much different place than here).

Anyway, my point is I'm sad when so many Kurtsies feel the need to rigidly defend Kurt's masculinity, to try and emphasize it and want it shown more at the expense of his femininity, and to downplay that femininity, as if there's something wrong with him being feminine. I've seen this happen all over the place, in various forums and in fanfics and the like. I've seen it in myself, I was one of the people initially concerned when Kurt was with the girls instead of the guys in Summer Nights. Since then I've tried my best to snuff out that kind of reaction in myself, especially after reading some very eye-opening discussions of it. Just because Kurt isn't shown hanging out with the guys very often, or being included in their "bro" moments, doesn't mean the show is trying to say Kurt is a girl....none of his feminine interests, mannerisms, or personality traits mean that either....it's just who he is, and who he prefers to hang out with, what he likes to do. And that doesn't threaten his more masculine traits, either, which he definitely has as well.

Like you summed up perfectly, Paulo, Kurt has always been Kurt. neutre No labels necessary.

This isn't directed at anyone, just felt like getting it off my chest. The Snark n' Bark thread is a great place to let out long-festering thoughts and frustrations. hapitgh

Spoiler:

Last edited by ColferGirl on 4/16/2012, 2:00 am; edited 1 time in total
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/16/2012, 1:57 am

Porcelainbyfire wrote:I just wanted to say the reason I think Chris almost never sings is because he doesn't want a record deal. This season Naya got a huge boost in the amount of songs she sings and I've read that we should be hearing about an album from her this summer. Darren and Amber is also working on an album for summer. I think from a business point of view it makes sense in the long run because Glee is not only a tv show its connected to a record label that also needs to maximize its profits. For example if Chris were to sing Smooth Criminal and it did really well that would be the end of the road as far as profits go for the record label branch of Glee. But with Naya they get the money from the itunes sales and promote her as a future artist witch leads to potentially more money when she releases her album. So when she comes out with her album she already has a large audience that familiar/comfortable with her and its easier to get her single off the ground. I think the same principle goes for the other top singers. It still pisses me off though.
interesting analysis. basically we can be pretty sure that the record label has a lot of saying in the song distribution side of things. they seem to decide on the songs first and then fill in the stories w/ these songs. no wonder songs often seem forced and random (well, most of blaine's songs are random)
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  CloveGlee 4/16/2012, 2:01 am

Porcelainbyfire wrote:I just wanted to say the reason I think Chris almost never sings is because he doesn't want a record deal. This season Naya got a huge boost in the amount of songs she sings and I've read that we should be hearing about an album from her this summer. Darren and Amber is also working on an album for summer. I think from a business point of view it makes sense in the long run because Glee is not only a tv show its connected to a record label that also needs to maximize its profits. For example if Chris were to sing Smooth Criminal and it did really well that would be the end of the road as far as profits go for the record label branch of Glee. But with Naya they get the money from the itunes sales and promote her as a future artist witch leads to potentially more money when she releases her album. So when she comes out with her album she already has a large audience that familiar/comfortable with her and its easier to get her single off the ground. I think the same principle goes for the other top singers. It still pisses me off though.

That might just explain everything - including why the show is circling the drain. They've gotten their priorities so screwed up, they can't tell a good story anymore.

CloveGlee
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/16/2012, 2:16 am

^ see how they set the priorities - initially this season they said they would do more broadway, almost no tribute, no guest star, focus on the seniors, return to S1 glee, etc.

yes they tried to but then what happened - itune sales down; ratings are flat. so they changed their gears because after all, glee is a business. now what we have - top 10 pop galore; guest celebrity in almost every episode; tributes one after another; suicides and accidents to boost ratings and ridiculous plots to sell songs and albums. when glee first started they had a script they put a lot of thoughts to; now they put a lot of thoughts into what's the next shark to jump.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next