Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bistro on the corner

+19
Ireth
ColferInspired
sahhar
paulopf
arina
kac
Coolbeans3131
Emile
tanita_mors
Kurt Hummel
Delight
CloveGlee
ColferGirl
brisallie
Shinra17
Jellyrolls
Struck by Lightning
Glorfindel
fantastica
23 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Bistro on the corner - Page 31 Empty Re: Bistro on the corner

Post  paulopf 6/5/2012, 2:27 pm

Emile wrote:
Uff, I still can't believe is already June. I have a boringboringboring exam in a less than a month but I don't feel like studying these days! Sucks.[/font]

Then don't study. Instead, let's do a re-watch in the forum or something other Chris related.
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 6/5/2012, 2:59 pm

^Worst advice ever, haha. I have to study, otherwise with my laziness I'll finish university at the age of ninety.
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 6/5/2012, 5:40 pm

emile wrote:
brisallie wrote:Did Lassie leave home? Sorry I forgot the plot lol
AH! I should pretend to not have read this comment! Of course she has leave home, otherwise the movie wasn't called "Lassie come home". LOL.
Razz

@Brisallie: Actually lassie was playing a hide-and-seek game in the house and people thought she left home, hence the movie title Laughing
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 6/5/2012, 6:19 pm

paulopf wrote:

Hahaha. Well, it's the same Amaretto you drink the one that is used on this cake.

Yup. Same thing. They call them "faldiquera", but I guess "faltriquera" is the right word. No idea why they're called that, though.

I'm sorry to inform you that you will ineluctably grow old and that you will never be able to revert back to my tender age. Twisted Evil

As you have told me, there's no way to be eternally young, unless I find the fountain of youth ; it wouldn't be bad to have a cake made of amaretto. On a side note, I have no idea who/what your source of evilness, who's your teacher? Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Going back to "faltriquera" and "faldiquera",according to internet, both words are related to bags worn by women some centuries ago to store their coins,around the neck, wrist or under clothing.

Shinra17 wrote:
emile wrote:
brisallie wrote:Did Lassie leave home? Sorry I forgot the plot lol
AH! I should pretend to not have read this comment! Of course she has leave home, otherwise the movie wasn't called "Lassie come home". LOL.
Razz

@Brisallie: Actually lassie was playing a hide-and-seek game in the house and people thought she left home, hence the movie title Laughing

dryy I went to wiki to find out about the plot. So this why I make you laugh? Because of these kind of comments? Oh my it seems is a characteristic of me.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 6/5/2012, 6:32 pm

^ I like this kind of comments you makes but about the Japanese thing, it's for another reason, you could have started to learn the hiragana and the katakana alphabet by yourself with the online ressources and invest money in the learning afterward if you're still motivated.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 6/5/2012, 6:40 pm

Shinra17 wrote:^ I like this kind of comments you makes but about the Japanese thing, it's for another reason, you could have started to learn the hiragana and the katakana alphabet by yourself with the online ressources and invest money in the learning afterward if you're still motivated.

I got it. My friends say that I always ask the "obvious" so that's weird for them.

About japanese, I've already downloaded a book called "Basic Kanji" so I have read it and currently my mind can recognize the basic ones like "mountain" or "woman"; besides I've printed both hiragana and katakana alphabets. Anyway thanks for your advice Smile
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/5/2012, 6:42 pm

haha, is it true that japanese for "mother" is "haha"?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 6/5/2012, 6:58 pm

^
True.

But here's a larger explanation haha.

The Japanese take interpersonal relation very seriously. They divide the world into two parts, namely, within my cirle and outside my circle. Usually, they change their wordings according to the position of the things they refer to.

That's why a simple English word like "mother" can be translated into at least two Japanese words, namely, はは (haha) and お母さん (okaasan).

When a Japanese is in his home, talking to his family, he is the only one within his circle and all other family members are outside his circle. So he calls his mother "okaasan" to show respect.

But when he talks to his friends or colleagues, he and his family will be within his circle, and the friends and colleagues are outsiders. So he uses "haha" to refer to his own mother and "okaasan" to refer to other people's mother. When a Japanese is talking to you and he says "okaasan" without saying "my" or "your", you know he is referring to your mother.

Furthermore, when he talks to people from other companies or simply a stranger, such friends and colleagues will automatically be within his circle. And wordings will be changed accordingly

source
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 6/11/2012, 4:35 am

Hi all,

Just want to drop a quick note here explaining why I'll likely be quiet in this forum over the next couple of weeks. My holiday break had started and I'm no longer at home with my reliable internet service. Got a tour in China booked in a few days' time. Will post some pretty pictures of scenery and other stuff when I get back neutre

Cheers!
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 6/11/2012, 4:45 am

^^^ have fun !!!!!

i have been otherwise occupied myself lately. i'm studying, driving my bike when it's not too hot, taking walks with friends and watching roland garos and now european football championship. and downloading some tv shows and old movies. i'm still reading the forums every day, it's just there isn't much to talk about so i'm resting a bit from glee to be honest.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 6/11/2012, 3:34 pm

I think both Delight and Ivana may have just reminded me that I don't have a life crycry

Bistro on the corner - Page 31 Sad-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-661_Bistro on the corner - Page 31 Sad

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 6/11/2012, 6:11 pm

^ It's ok BlueJazz, neither do I. *hugs you tight*

Delight wrote:Hi all,

Just want to drop a quick note here explaining why I'll likely be quiet in this forum over the next couple of weeks. My holiday break had started and I'm no longer at home with my reliable internet service. Got a tour in China booked in a few days' time. Will post some pretty pictures of scenery and other stuff when I get back neutre

Cheers!

That sounds amazing! Have lots and lots of fun Delight! I can't wait to see the beautiful pictures you take on your trip. neutre
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/11/2012, 7:08 pm

have a delightful trip Delight!!! you will have a lot of fun there. neutre
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/11/2012, 7:15 pm

BlueJazz wrote:I think both Delight and Ivana may have just reminded me that I don't have a life crycry
don't feel bad. it's easy to have a life. set up a goal, starting from the easiest first. for example, learn to cook a special dish (or a simple one - whatever that trigger your fancy); clean up your room and organize everything - throw out everything you don't need/want and make your room pretty and neat; offer to volunteer in some organization to help someone, even just for a few hours a week; learn to play an instrument, if you have one; learn to do a cool dance move by immitating instructions on YouTube... or if you like to write (don't worry if you don't think you can write well, because practice makes perfect), write your own kurt fan fiction. write it here if you want to, or on your own computer space. summer is going to be slow here and on every other glee related forums. the best weay to deal w/ it is to occupy yourself w/ something constructive. think about what chris will do - he doesn't like to be idle and will always do something. so be a good fan and be just like him - keep youself busy learning something new, or doing something you've never done before. life is short. experiement!!

xoxo!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 6/11/2012, 10:50 pm

Hey Bluejazz, listen to Mama Kim Smile Never is late to learn something new or lets your imagination fly, Summer is the perfect time to do both things. Personally I'm Winter, so I'm kinda busy. Gambare lol
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 6/12/2012, 12:42 am

I don't really have a life either. I'm pretty bored all day. At least I won't be at the end of the month. I'm doing a summer studio at this local college.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 6/12/2012, 9:26 am

^Like a study holiday?

Delight wrote:Hi all,

Cheers!
Woohoo! Have fun!!! Hope you post a lot of photos!!

About the summer boredom, I'm in the same situation. ): I'm still studying, I'm going out the bare minimum for not go crazy, and probably one of the strongest experiences from these days is that I finished my favourite fruit juice.

brisallie wrote:Personally I'm Winter, so I'm kinda busy
? Shocked ?
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/12/2012, 9:33 am

Romina is in southern hemisphere, so it's winter right now. so are all our Aussie friends. neutre
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 6/12/2012, 9:55 am

^Ohh, right! I thought she was referring to some kind of her condition that was keeping her busy.
...Yeah, in my mind all of this had more sense. arghh

--------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, this is the bistro on the corner thread but, since we are on a Chris's forum (duh), I'll to post this: yesterday I bought a new book and, when I was starting to read it, I saw a completely black llama figure on the first page, for then find out that the publishing house is called "The Llama editor". Rolling Eyes
Here is a pic of the llama on the spine:

Spoiler:
LOL.
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/12/2012, 10:18 am

It maybe a self-published book. I couldn't find anything related to that publisher via google. but: Llama is also a surname.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 6/12/2012, 10:39 am

^No well, I translated the name (is italian, and is "Il Lama editore"). Anyway, now I was looking on internet, and I found out that this "The Llama editor" is the identification of an apparently renewed publishing house, based on an already and still existing one (like a branch), that is currently publishing a new series of books under this name.

Indeed, the book was printed this year. ...and the publishing house's site says that is under construction, haha. arghh
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 6/12/2012, 12:39 pm

Thanks for the advise, Kim wub And thank you for encouraging me, Romina wub I'll try my best my live my life to the fullest neutre

Here's a hug for both of you:

Bistro on the corner - Page 31 Brittana-hug

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 6/12/2012, 1:41 pm

Emile wrote:^Ohh, right! I thought she was referring to some kind of her condition that was keeping her busy.
lol me too. In my world, there are summer persons, winter persons, spring persons, etc... Smile

And again, have a nice time and make good memories, Delight ^^.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 6/12/2012, 2:32 pm

Shinra17 wrote:
Emile wrote:^Ohh, right! I thought she was referring to some kind of her condition that was keeping her busy.
lol me too. In my world, there are summer persons, winter persons, spring persons, etc... Smile
Bistro on the corner - Page 31 2urp3kx Haha, I'm glad I'm not alone!
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 6/13/2012, 9:09 am

Kim had already told you that where I'm from is Winter so I don't need to explain you anything. However it was funny you thought I had sort of "special" condition hahahah What I wanted to say is I'm busy because I'm not in holidays so I'm still working and studying.
BlueJazz wrote:Thanks for the advise, Kim wub And thank you for encouraging me, Romina wub I'll try my best my live my life to the fullest neutre

Here's a hug for both of you:

You're welcome Razz

PS:Ok guys, I'm not a doctor but probably my throat is swollen, because I feel like someone has hit me and is irritating, especially when I eat or drink.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next