Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 2

+30
superciliousness
happydays
kac
E-ko
apositivefly
Dame Loli
Vir Cotto
valkeakuulas
red texta
emilynna
paulopf
CloveGlee
Sani
CCfan93
dap1217
Divalicious
sjonnepon
ColferGirl
Shinra17
M&M
ColferInspired
brisallie
Jellyrolls
tanita_mors
Emile
sahhar
Glorfindel
arina
fantastica
Delight
34 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 2 - Page 30 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 2

Post  ColferInspired 4/20/2012, 10:00 pm

GA again....Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 2 - Page 30 357632081

This girl definitely needs help.

I am still listening to IHN, and I am not worried about the high parts that he struggles on, I am a Whitney fan, and this is my favourite version. This song has never made me cry before, not Whitney's and no-one elses, but this one did, so I think he had the emotion in the song perfect.

This is one of my favourite songs, and definitely did it justice. I listened to the group one with Kurt, and loved it. I won't listen to the others, I am don't want to listen to another Blarren solo.

Whitney is R N' B, not techno. I'll listen to these on the show. The same with the others.

Thanks Shinra for the downloads of IHN and HWIK, I will buy them sometime next week, but I have them to listen to today and that is what I needed. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 2 - Page 30 4247136565
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 2 - Page 30 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 2

Post  Delight 4/20/2012, 10:03 pm

paulopf wrote:
I apologize, but I did need to gather all these quotes, so the following statement doesn't look insane: I'm really thankful and happy that I was guided to this forum! Macarons and bisous for you all!

Bisous to you too! I'm happy that you've decided to join us here in this forum neutre

I actually wanted to ask you if bisous is another dessert, but decided not to be lazy and googled the word instead tonguue
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 4/20/2012, 10:13 pm

I don't spoil myself to the songs, just storylines, I try to go into episodes only partially spoiled. I know a lot of people here aren't Klainers even remotely, but I think the "haziness" people hear at part of the song may be Kurt's voice breaking as he sings to Blaine.

Of course, I haven't heard the song, or have the entire context to the scene. But I can see Chris as Kurt laying it all out there to his boyfriend, as he is supposed to be singing the song to Blaine. Tina isn't the only one who cries when she sings to her love.

I am so excited to hear that Kurt actually gets to sing a lot in the upcoming episode.

Part of me wonders if the real reason Kurt hasn't got to sing much, isn't because of any falling out with the writers, but that they want to coincide his movie debut with increased air time on the show. People who may have never watched an episode of Glee might see SBL and decide to check things out.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 4/20/2012, 10:14 pm

Delight wrote: Bisous to you too! I'm happy that you've decided to join us here in this forum neutre

I actually wanted to ask you if bisous is another dessert, but decided not to be lazy and googled the word instead tonguue

Oh, but they are a dessert. Only not of the fattening kind. bisou
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 4/20/2012, 10:17 pm

Divalicious wrote:

Part of me wonders if the real reason Kurt hasn't got to sing much, isn't because of any falling out with the writers, but that they want to coincide his movie debut with increased air time on the show. People who may have never watched an episode of Glee might see SBL and decide to check things out.

If SBL does well, Fox would be very smart to start showcasing Chris again.
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/20/2012, 10:18 pm

Divalicious wrote:I don't spoil myself to the songs, just storylines, I try to go into episodes only partially spoiled. I know a lot of people here aren't Klainers even remotely, but I think the "haziness" people hear at part of the song may be Kurt's voice breaking as he sings to Blaine.

Of course, I haven't heard the song, or have the entire context to the scene. But I can see Chris as Kurt laying it all out there to his boyfriend, as he is supposed to be singing the song to Blaine. Tina isn't the only one who cries when she sings to her love.

I am so excited to hear that Kurt actually gets to sing a lot in the upcoming episode.

I hadn't thought about that. I think you could be right. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 2 - Page 30 650269930

Yah, new fans if that is the case. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 2 - Page 30 621014945

Fox would love that if that happens and more tune in. Because this episode seems to have a lot Kurt in it. And you could be right about the scene as well.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/20/2012, 10:21 pm

M&M wrote:
Divalicious wrote:

If SBL does well, Fox would be very smart to start showcasing Chris again.

This movie is getting so much buzz, I am nervous and excited at the same time. I wish I could see it. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 2 - Page 30 1371890812
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  E-ko 4/20/2012, 10:28 pm

Delight wrote:
Is it confirmed that Kurt sings the song to Blaine? Or do we have to wait for the episode for confirmation?
I think it's only been confirmed through Lea's tweet about Kurt singing a love-song to Blaine on their anniversary, March 15th-- which I do assume to be this particular performance, but I would love it if she was either trolling or speaking of another one... seems unlikely, tho, considering the plot being "Kurt's questionable behavior threatening Klaine". Sigh.

E-ko
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 4/20/2012, 10:35 pm

So who else hasn't been able to stop listening to I Have Nothing since it came out? neutre

I have it on repeat. I love it so much. wub I think I love it more and more each time I listen to it, just like Marie.

And just think you guys - we're guaranteed another Chris solo next week too!!!! It's a wonderful time to be Kurtsie. Smile Smile

Glorfindel wrote:
BTW: the more I listen to 'I Have Nothing', the more I love it. wub
He really, really went for it. And besides some light haziness in the highest notes (caused by fatigue on his voice) he sounds perfect. And his runs are beautiful. Chris is doing runs!!!

And I'm so happy that at least on GF people are appreciating it. Times are a'changing: I think there is more understanding and appreciation for Kurt's voice now in the fandom. In that aspect the Kurt song drought and Blaine monsoon worked in his favor.

I think you deserve some credit for this shift in attitude, Marie, especially at Glee Forum. neutre You work so hard on the song reviews, and you tirelessly talk with other Glee fans to defend Chris and Chris's voice, spreading your knowledge and valuable insight about music to all of us, giving us your experienced opinion and helping us understand and appreciate and love Chris's songs even more than we could if you weren't here. I certainly know that I, at least, keep falling in love even harder with Chris's voice every time you explain just how amazing it truly is and why.

So, I guess what I'm trying to say is -thank you so, so much Marie, for teaching me about music and Chris's voice and doing your best every day to spread understanding and appreciation for him. You're amazing. wub

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 2 - Page 30 Tumblr_m0z8p9unbL1qee7fro10_r1_250
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 4/20/2012, 10:42 pm

ColferGirl wrote:So who else hasn't been able to stop listening to I Have Nothing since it came out? neutre

I have it on repeat. I love it so much. wub I think I love it more and more each time I listen to it, just like Marie.

I literally cannot get enough of this song. I love it more everytime. I'm going to buy it, but I need to download this so I can have it before it comes out on MOnday. Then I can switch it with the bouht version.

It also must be noted that the hq version is usually better than the FLF versions.
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/20/2012, 11:04 pm

Fans and stans are trying to get trending #wearenothingwithoutChrisColfer. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 2 - Page 30 413578547
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  red texta 4/20/2012, 11:10 pm

ColferGirl wrote:I think you deserve some credit for this shift in attitude, Marie, especially at Glee Forum. neutre You work so hard on the song reviews, and you tirelessly talk with other Glee fans to defend Chris and Chris's voice, spreading your knowledge and valuable insight about music to all of us, giving us your experienced opinion and helping us understand and appreciate and love Chris's songs even more than we could if you weren't here. I certainly know that I, at least, keep falling in love even harder with Chris's voice every time you explain just how amazing it truly is and why.

So, I guess what I'm trying to say is -thank you so, so much Marie, for teaching me about music and Chris's voice and doing your best every day to spread understanding and appreciation for him. You're amazing. wub

rooots hola rooots hola rooots

I have to agree with this. You've been amazing Marie and a real counter to the ignorant haters out there.
red texta
red texta
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/20/2012, 11:15 pm

Marie you have made me love Chris's voice even more than I already do. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 2 - Page 30 413578547

Given my timeline, this is was or is trending:

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 2 - Page 30 Tumblr_m2sr2hSLZi1qbqtkso1_400
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/21/2012, 12:23 am

ColferGirl wrote:So, I guess what I'm trying to say is -thank you so, so much Marie, for teaching me about music and Chris's voice and doing your best every day to spread understanding and appreciation for him. You're amazing. wub

red texta wrote:I have to agree with this. You've been amazing Marie and a real counter to the ignorant haters out there.
Thank you, really thank you. wub
I love Chris' voice just as much as you all, and I don't want Chris to feel bad about any comments he gets. I love him too much.

I just found GA is using one of my posts here to bash Chris and IHN on IMDB, plus the b*tch PM'd me, and I can't even freak about it here because I know she will read it. I'm taking this to the snark & bark thread, not to taint this thread.
-EDIT- I've decided against the snark & bark. GA isn't worth it. She's just pathetic.

Let's just say that your posts mean a lot to me right now. bisou

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 2 - Page 30 Smile-Kurt

And I'm loving IHN more and more every time I listen to it. wub
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/21/2012, 12:59 am

I can't stop listening to it. I am addicted. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 2 - Page 30 413578547
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 4/21/2012, 2:07 am

I think I have nothing sounds good, but it's my fault that I had my expectations too high... after all that waiting and tweet from the producer that Chris is excited to record that song and then Kevin and Harry's tweets I was expecting something excelent, so I mus admit I am little disappointed.

I think they should lower the key a little bit...

My favorite songs for this episode are probably How will I know, My love is your love and So emotional

Edit: The more I am listening to I Have Nothing, the more I like it. :-) Still think it would be better if they lowered the key but Chris did everything he could with it and I think he did justice that song.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/21/2012, 3:57 am

I'm not all that disappointed about IHN, because quite frankly, I knew that if they leave the song in it's original key he was going to struggle and and sound exactly like he did on it. But it's a solid straight cover. Sadly it's not my favorite from the episode - How Will I know and My Love Is You Love are - Chris sounds phenomenal on bot of them.

If I had to rack the songs :

How Will I Know
My Love IS Your Love
I Have Nothing and So Emotional - it's a tie for different reasons
I Wanna Dance With Somebody
It's Not Right
Saving All My Love For You

tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 4/21/2012, 4:03 am

tanita_mors wrote:I'm not all that disappointed about IHN, because quite frankly, I knew that if they leave the song in it's original key he was going to struggle and and sound exactly like he did on it. But it's a solid straight cover. Sadly it's not my favorite from the episode - How Will I know and My Love Is You Love are - Chris sounds phenomenal on bot of them.

I was kind of sure they will lower the key :-)

And I have the songs in the similar order.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  happydays 4/21/2012, 5:33 am

ColferGirl wrote:

Glorfindel wrote:
BTW: the more I listen to 'I Have Nothing', the more I love it. wub
He really, really went for it. And besides some light haziness in the highest notes (caused by fatigue on his voice) he sounds perfect. And his runs are beautiful. Chris is doing runs!!!

And I'm so happy that at least on GF people are appreciating it. Times are a'changing: I think there is more understanding and appreciation for Kurt's voice now in the fandom. In that aspect the Kurt song drought and Blaine monsoon worked in his favor.

I think you deserve some credit for this shift in attitude, Marie, especially at Glee Forum. neutre You work so hard on the song reviews, and you tirelessly talk with other Glee fans to defend Chris and Chris's voice, spreading your knowledge and valuable insight about music to all of us, giving us your experienced opinion and helping us understand and appreciate and love Chris's songs even more than we could if you weren't here. I certainly know that I, at least, keep falling in love even harder with Chris's voice every time you explain just how amazing it truly is and why.

I want to join in on the thank you's to Glorfindel! I love your reviews and everything you've been doing on GF. Hugs to you and your musical knowledge! :D
And please tell me if I'm overstepping but I've always been curious. Where do you teach music? Is it an academy of music where you're preparing professionals or do you work with younger kids? Smile
happydays
happydays
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 4/21/2012, 5:42 am

I've just listened to all the songs (OMG, when they started releasing them here was already a laaaaaate friday), and I don't like most of them.

For "I Have nothing", I honestly have to say that Chris's sounded really good, and I'm not biased when I say that I love his high register, but I expected something else. I like it, but it's not one of his best song.
I don't understande why they (RIB+!) decided to make him singing the song in the original key, when he would have do a wonderful job making it more powerful if it was a little bit lower. Come on, they changed every song, and there is nothing wrong with it since probably only Amber could do a straight cover of a WH song, they turned "It's not right (but it's okay)" into friggin disco, so why don't change the key of his song?
Anyway, Chris have done a fantastic job with what he has been given! Like always! And I'm happy to hear his beautiful voice again.

And I really, really liked "My love i your love".

Last edited by Emile on 4/21/2012, 5:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 4/21/2012, 5:42 am

Not that I don't want for Chris to have a solo but I think if they wanted to have this song in original key, maybe it would be better if the song sung someone else with him. He sounds FANTASTIC on the the verse but I think the chorus needs more powerful voice. While I love Chris's high register most of the time, there are parts where I would prefer to hear more powerful voice and that's the case with the chorus here.

And then I would give him different solo as well of course.

Now I still waiting for something SO exciting like Rose's turn, As if we never said goodbye, I wanna hold your hand or House is not a home...

Emile wrote:I've just listened to all the songs (OMG, when they started releasing them here was already a laaaaaate friday), and I don't like most of them.

For "I Have nothing", I honestly have to say that Chris's sounded really good, and I'm not biased when I say that I love his high register, but I expected something else. I like it, but it's not one of his best song.
I don't understande why they (RIB+!) decided to make him singing the song in the original key, when he would have do a wonderful job making it more powerful if it was a little bit lower. Come on, they changed every song, and there is nothing wrong with it since probably only Amber could do a straight cover of a WH song, they turned "It's not right (but it's okay)" into friggin disco, so why don't change the key of his song?
Anyway, Chris have done a fantastic job with what he has been given! Like always! And I'm happy to hear his beautiful voice again.

And I really, really liked "My love i your love".
Who know, maybe Chris was the one who wanted to sing it in original key. We all know that he loves to sing really high...

Last edited by arina on 4/21/2012, 5:45 am; edited 1 time in total
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 4/21/2012, 5:54 am

^Well, sure I wasn't in the studio with them, so I don't know. lol.
I've always thought RIB/music producer are those who approve the arrangements and make the decisions on how to change or how to not change the song to fit a certain situation or to fit the singer' voice better.
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 4/21/2012, 5:57 am

Emile wrote:^Well, sure I wasn't in the studio with them, so I don't know. lol.
I've always thought it's RIB/music producer who approve the arrangements and make the decisions on how to change or how to not change the song to fit a certain situation or to fit the singer' voice better.
Well I don't know that either, this was just thought....but even if the singers suggested something, it is always the producers / RIB who has the final decision anyway.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 4/21/2012, 6:20 am

^^Yes yes, mine too was just a tought. We'll probably never know.

I was just reading the previous pages, and I saw that Chris's famous hater came here. Shocked
That gurl is annoying, on her IMDb account she's even bitching on Marie's little review about the song, reading her words like she hated the song too. Oy Oy, she need to stop, it's not healthy all this hate. :|
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 4/21/2012, 7:57 am

My Internet connection's been weird for a few days, so these songs were a nice thing to come back to Smile

I loved all the songs with Chris, and being musically ignorant, I found nothing wrong with IHN, though I can see what you mean about it being a bit much for him after comparing it to Whitney's. Still, Chris made the song his own and it's very nice to listen to. He sounds angelic wub
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next