Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 2

+28
Sani
sjonnepon
ColferGirl
fireangel
Ireth
Vir Cotto
CCfan93
emilynna
kac
Kurt Hummel
Divalicious
Coolbeans3131
M&M
Glorfindel
gleekout93
Delight
dap1217
sahhar
fantastica
CloveGlee
brisallie
Emile
Shinra17
tanita_mors
arina
Struck by Lightning
ColferInspired
Jellyrolls
32 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 2 - Page 23 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 2

Post  CCfan93 4/4/2012, 8:16 pm

Uh become friends with the kurtsies on tumblr or convert the klainers?? If only..

Last edited by CCfan93 on 4/4/2012, 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
CCfan93
CCfan93
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 2 - Page 23 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 2

Post  sahhar 4/4/2012, 8:16 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:What would we have to do to get "breakup Klaine" trending?

Dunno, somehow get a hold of those Kurtsies who always trend stuff about him, whoever they are.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/4/2012, 8:24 pm

I think people try to act far to sensitive online. I wouldn't call myself insensitive, especially about racial or nationalistic views in mixed company, but come on, we all say things that
aren't PC all the time. I know I do. Why should any celebrity be different and I hate the double standard people have. As long if it's not down right insulting with that exact intent, or really tasteless jokes, a slip now and then is nothing.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 4/4/2012, 8:27 pm

tanita_mors wrote:I think people try to act far to sensitive online. I wouldn't call myself insensitive, especially about racial or nationalistic views in mixed company, but come on, we all say things that
aren't PC all the time. I know I do. Why should any celebrity be different and I hate the double standard people have. As long if it's not down right insulting with that exact intent, or really tasteless jokes, a slip now and then is nothing.

Exactly. People online just can't take a joke or sarcasm. I'm all for not liking an insensitive remark from a celebrity or something done in bad taste, and believe me, Chris is not that kind of person. I've read terrible remarks from many celebs and especially journalists about disorders and what not, Chris is not being insensitive at all.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 4/4/2012, 9:07 pm

I was bored for 5 minutes... Smile

Spoiler:
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/4/2012, 9:19 pm

Good one, Shinra!

Spoiler:
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 4/4/2012, 9:56 pm

Shinra17 wrote:I was bored for 5 minutes... Smile

Spoiler:

Laughing

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/4/2012, 11:44 pm

emilynna wrote: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 2 - Page 23 1371890812
Just come back from reading comment on glee related website...
One of the comment say that he/she hope that after chris done his research on new movie, he stop saying awkward thing about mentel illness (like the tourret thing, twitt about voice in his head), and a lot of people agree.. Some say that they hope his pr team involve like stop him...
What so offensive about what he say? I dont like that people judge him so much... Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 2 - Page 23 1371890812

I suffer from a mental illness, and none of what he said offended me. Though I only suffer from depression, so maybe that doesn't count.

These people are haters, and will attack Chris about anything. The media didn't kick up a fuss about it. I didn't hear any complaints from sufferers or families of sufferers.

Can you please link me to this site, so I can have look please?
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 4/5/2012, 12:17 am

emilynna wrote: :(
One of the comment say that he/she hope that after chris done his research on new movie, he stop saying awkward thing about mentel illness (like the tourret thing, twitt about voice in his head), and a lot of people agree.. Some say that they hope his pr team involve like stop him...
What so offensive about what he say? I dont like that people judge him so much... :(

After seeing all the backlash from Chris's old tweet about voices in his head and 'Schizophrenic perks' with regards to his TLOS audiobook, I've already made a lengthy rant in the other thread about how ridiculous that some people would consider Chris self-identifying as a schizophrenic as offensive. It's all about the intent behind these remarks. I bet that the people who are 'offended' by Chris don't really know Chris at all. They probably consider him as part of a minority group that they're dead-set on hating anyway, and I wouldn't be surprised that they're actually ecstatic that these occasionally politically incorrect remarks of his can be used as grounds to tear him down and smear his character. Anything to justify their hate. It most likely had nothing to do with any true sense of outrage at the actual remark that was made about the mental disorder. Chris is a celebrity with one of the most squeaky clean reputations in the entertainment industry, so these haters have to try really hard to find reasons to hate him.

I've also commented that Chris at least got the facts about mental disorders correct (the same which can't be said about some other public figures making belittling or offensive comments about minorities without actually knowing what they're talking about). It now looks like that Chris being so well-informed was no accident. He knows his facts because he's done heaps of research on the topic of mental disorders. I have a feeling he probably knows more about the topic than most doctors do now (not counting psychiatrists, of course).

I basically take issue with anyone who thinks that Chris is not allowed to speak his mind and tries to censure him. If I have any thought of wanting Chris to be more careful about his comments about mental disorders, it's only because so that he won't have to cop so much flak from his haters or excessively sensitive or self-righteous people. Personally, I didn't think any of his remarks about Schizophrenia or Tourette's the least bit offensive. Considering how much offensive stuff Chris had to put up with since he came under the spotlight... I really don't care how 'offended' these people think they are. They don't know what something truly offensive looks or sounds like, if they're getting riled up and nit-picking on these harmless little remarks by Chris.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 4/5/2012, 12:21 am

Delight wrote:
emilynna wrote: :(
What so offensive about what he say? I dont like that people judge him so much... :(

After seeing all the backlash from Chris's old tweet about voices in his head and 'Schizophrenic perks' with regards to his TLOS audiobook, I've already made a lengthy rant in the other thread about how ridiculous that some people would consider Chris self-identifying as a schizophrenic as offensive. It's all about the intent behind these remarks. I bet that the people who are 'offended' by Chris don't really know Chris at all. They probably consider him as part of a minority group that they're dead-set on hating anyway, and I wouldn't be surprised that they're actually ecstatic that these occasionally politically incorrect remarks of his can be used as grounds to tear him down and smear his character. Anything to justify their hate. It most likely had nothing to do with any true sense of outrage at the actual remark that was made about the mental disorder. Chris is a celebrity with one of the most squeaky clean reputations in the entertainment industry, so these haters have to try really hard to find reasons to hate him.

I've also commented that Chris at least got the facts about mental disorders correct (the same which can't be said about some other public figures making belittling or offensive comments about minorities without actually knowing what they're talking about). It now looks like that Chris being so well-informed was no accident. He knows his facts because he's done heaps of research on the topic of mental disorders. I have a feeling he probably knows more about the topic than most doctors do now (not counting psychiatrists, of course).

I basically take issue with anyone who thinks that Chris is not allowed to speak his mind and tries to censure him. If I have any thought of wanting Chris to be more careful about his comments about mental disorders, it's only because so that he won't have to cop so much flak from his haters or excessively sensitive or self-righteous people. Personally, I didn't think any of his remarks about Schizophrenia or Tourette's the least bit offensive. Considering how much offensive stuff Chris had to put up with since he came under the spotlight... I really don't care how 'offended' these people think they are. They don't know what something truly offensive looks or sounds like, if they're getting riled up and nit-picking on these harmless little remarks by Chris.

THIS. Exactly. I mentioned something similar in a previous post, but pretty much everything you said.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 4/5/2012, 2:43 am

Delight wrote:

This is one of those times where the new features on the Glee Forum come in handy (the new "like" buttons). 100% agree with absolutely everything you said, Delight. Perfectly put. hapitgh

The way I think about it is - a lot of what celebrities say is put on public display for everyone to rip into (or love) as they like. If a lot of what I said was available in writing or video for public consumption, and people could scrutinize every little thing that came out of my mouth, then I - and every other person - would no doubt say "offensive" things sometimes, with or without ill intent. So I don't know why people online get so up in arms about it, especially when the remark was clearly said without malevolence. Chris especially has it hard because unlike others in the Glee cast, he's more often asked about controversial or sensitive issues, so it's easier for him to make a "mistake" in these people's eyes and say something "bad".

But whatever to his haters. Chris and every other celebrity is allowed to slip up and not be demonized for it, they're human too, I wish they'd remember that. I'll just sit here and keep enjoying his amazing career and what a wonderful person he seems to be.
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/5/2012, 7:03 am

Shinra17 wrote:I was bored for 5 minutes... Smile

Spoiler:

you did it??? LOVE IT wub Well done Shinra Razz

Spoiler:
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/5/2012, 9:39 pm

Can I just say that I don't think I've ever disliked a character or actor as much as I dislike Blarren? I don't think that I've ever been so frustrated and angered by a character on TV (the closest was when Bristol Pailin was on dancing with the stars--I would yell at my TV every week when she was on that show).

I need Klaine to break up. Ugh.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 4/5/2012, 10:17 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Can I just say that I don't think I've ever disliked a character or actor as much as I dislike Blarren? I don't think that I've ever been so frustrated and angered by a character on TV (the closest was when Bristol Pailin was on dancing with the stars--I would yell at my TV every week when she was on that show).

Uh oh... what had Blarren done again? (I've been avoiding the spoiler thread nowadays because there's too much leaked details about Prom, so I may have been out of touch a bit)
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 4/5/2012, 10:51 pm

ColferGirl wrote:This is one of those times where the new features on the Glee Forum come in handy (the new "like" buttons). 100% agree with absolutely everything you said, Delight. Perfectly put.

The way I think about it is - a lot of what celebrities say is put on public display for everyone to rip into (or love) as they like. If a lot of what I said was available in writing or video for public consumption, and people could scrutinize every little thing that came out of my mouth, then I - and every other person - would no doubt say "offensive" things sometimes, with or without ill intent. So I don't know why people online get so up in arms about it, especially when the remark was clearly said without malevolence. Chris especially has it hard because unlike others in the Glee cast, he's more often asked about controversial or sensitive issues, so it's easier for him to make a "mistake" in these people's eyes and say something "bad".

But whatever to his haters. Chris and every other celebrity is allowed to slip up and not be demonized for it, they're human too, I wish they'd remember that. I'll just sit here and keep enjoying his amazing career and what a wonderful person he seems to be.

Thanks, ColferGirl, for trying to 'like' my post even when there's no 'like' button to be had Smile

I tend to go into lengthy rants when Chris comes under attack for whatever reason-- and most of them are really silly reasons. Hence, the lengthy rants ooppss Truth be told, I've never been emotionally invested in any celebrity before Chris. That's why I think Chris is magical, seeing that he's capable of completely charming someone who basically only got to know him through tumblr and youtube. Those who get to see him and work with him in real life wouldn't stand a chance neutre (and it's always heart-warming to read the nice comments about Chris by these people)

Chris had described his experiences of dealing with the problems that come with fame. Loss of privacy. Being quoted out of context and being harshly criticized for it (The 'calm down, perverts' phrase comes to mind). He also described it as standing on a stool (or something) and giving the whole world permission to point out your flaws.

Yes, Chris is not perfect and he doesn't pretend that he is. His honesty is what makes him special and so different from all the other celebrities I have known. His 'never forgive and never forget' stance with bullies in one of his earlier interviews was actually what drew my attention to him in the first place. It's very refreshing to see a celebrity who's not afraid to say what is really on their minds.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 4/5/2012, 11:14 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Can I just say that I don't think I've ever disliked a character or actor as much as I dislike Blarren? I don't think that I've ever been so frustrated and angered by a character on TV (the closest was when Bristol Pailin was on dancing with the stars--I would yell at my TV every week when she was on that show).

THIS. I'm just so sick of him and Klaine. I need these two things to end. Pronto. dryy

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 4/6/2012, 12:18 am

sahhar wrote:

THIS. I'm just so sick of him and Klaine. I need these two things to end. Pronto. dryy

I am on board with all of this.
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 4/6/2012, 1:59 am

Razz I didn't imagine you yelling at your tv

---------------------------------------
As usual ontd_glee is never late to fix certain things... Laughing
Spoiler:
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/6/2012, 5:12 am

Delight wrote:I tend to go into lengthy rants when Chris comes under attack for whatever reason-- and most of them are really silly reasons. Hence, the lengthy rants ooppss Truth be told, I've never been emotionally invested in any celebrity before Chris. That's why I think Chris is magical, seeing that he's capable of completely charming someone who basically only got to know him through tumblr and youtube. Those who get to see him and work with him in real life wouldn't stand a chance neutre (and it's always heart-warming to read the nice comments about Chris by these people)

Chris had described his experiences of dealing with the problems that come with fame. Loss of privacy. Being quoted out of context and being harshly criticized for it (The 'calm down, perverts' phrase comes to mind). He also described it as standing on a stool (or something) and giving the whole world permission to point out your flaws.

Yes, Chris is not perfect and he doesn't pretend that he is. His honesty is what makes him special and so different from all the other celebrities I have known. His 'never forgive and never forget' stance with bullies in one of his earlier interviews was actually what drew my attention to him in the first place. It's very refreshing to see a celebrity who's not afraid to say what is really on their minds.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 2 - Page 23 Lovefingers-Kurt

I think you just described exactly how I feel about Chris and why he is the only celebrity I've ever followed so closely or write about.
I love Glee (what it can be, not what it is right now), and I love the cast members and the songs, and therefore I love the Glee fandom, but Chris is the only one I'm invested in outside of the job.

As for those few tweets about mental illnesses: as if everyone is PC all the time. I'm twice Chris's age and I say things like that too sometimes. We're all human, after all, and we all had our share of bad jokes (that still get plenty of laughs nonetheless).
Noone should attack a young man like Chris for only being perfect 99% of the time. And especially not people who post aweful stuff 'for fun' when they comment on things they dislike (like Darrenn on ONTD_Glee) themselves.
Besides: Chris as no other knows what being called hurtful names feels like. He himself experienced it (fag, homo, etc.), and I'm sure having a sister with a handicap had him face a lot of slur names for her too.
This really makes me angry. :angry:
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/6/2012, 6:31 am

Delight wrote:

Uh oh... what had Blarren done again? (I've been avoiding the spoiler thread nowadays because there's too much leaked details about Prom, so I may have been out of touch a bit)

Nothing really. Just something I came to realize yesterday and needed to get it out.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 4/6/2012, 6:43 am

Jellyrolls wrote:
Delight wrote:

Nothing really. Just something I came to realize yesterday and needed to get it out.
Saw this post from tumblr, is for you:

Unhealthy anti-stanning
I have never disliked someone to the extent that I dislike Darren Criss, not even someone I’ve personally met. And I don’t even know the guy. His presence in any thing really pisses me off. If I could get surgery on my eyeballs that would allow me to selectively delete certain things from my field of vision, he would be on top of my list of things to have removed. Like a cancer. He is like a cancer on my eyeballs.

Razz
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/6/2012, 8:02 am

Emile wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:
Delight wrote:

Saw this post from tumblr, is for you:

Unhealthy anti-stanning

I have never disliked someone to the extent that I dislike Darren Criss, not even someone I’ve personally met. And I don’t even know the guy. His presence in any thing really pisses me off. If I could get surgery on my eyeballs that would allow me to selectively delete certain things from my field of vision, he would be on top of my list of things to have removed. Like a cancer. He is like a cancer on my eyeballs.

Razz

That's pretty funny.

Seriously though, I do realize that my dislike of Darren is not necessarily fair to Darren, and not all his fault. There are three main reasons why I dislike him:

1. He is throw in our face constantly
2. I honestly feel that he holds Chris back on the show because Chris is stuck with him
3. His stans love for him drives me crazy

That is the difference between me not caring for him as an actor, and me disliking him to the point where I don't think I can stomach seeing him in anything outside of Glee.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/6/2012, 8:22 am

Spoiler:

Last edited by Jellyrolls on 4/6/2012, 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Putting this in spoiler tags just in case it's too spoilerish for some who read here)
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 4/6/2012, 8:35 am

Spoiler:

Last edited by Jellyrolls on 4/6/2012, 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Just adding spoiler tags)
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 4/6/2012, 9:27 am

Jellyrolls wrote:
Seriously though, I do realize that my dislike of Darren is not necessarily fair to Darren, and not all his fault. There are three main reasons why I dislike him:

1. He is throw in our face constantly
2. I honestly feel that he holds Chris back on the show because Chris is stuck with him
3. His stans love for him drives me crazy

That is the difference between me not caring for him as an actor, and me disliking him to the point where I don't think I can stomach seeing him in anything outside of Glee.

I feel your pain.

To me, the reasons why it's difficult to tolerate Blaine on Glee are:

(1) The actor isn't good enough to match Chris in the acting (and singing) department
(2) The character is over-exposed and over-rated (by the show and the media)
(3) The actor had made a mess of the character (e.g. by failing to stay in-character sometimes with his girl-flirting behaviour, by being ham-fisted when it comes to emoting while singing etc); though the poor writing didn't do him any favours in that aspect as well

Also, my annoyance at some Klainers / CrissColferites who attempt to associate Darren with Chris all the time, even at events that had nothing to do with Darren, is often projected onto Darren himself. As most of us here can relate, I can be a bit overprotective of Chris. So, when I see him being diminished into one half of a pairing (and often, in the eyes of Darren/Blaine fans, the weaker half), it upsets me a lot and makes me wish that the show would just separate the two already and let each character/actor stand on his own merits. Blaine had won easy popularity by riding on Kurt's popularity. It's high time for the audience to see Blaine earn that popularity on his own.

I know you're aching for a Klaine break up so that Chris can be freed to pair up with a better actor, and Kurt can be allowed to get some of his old personality and fighting spirit back. But consider the worst case scenario-- even if Klaine doesn't break up, it's unlikely that we'll see Kurt and Blaine in close proximity all the time during Season 4 (Blaine will be stuck in McKinley and Kurt will be... elsewhere). For once, you can consider the fact that they've made Blaine a junior a blessing in disguise. As Glorfindel had mentioned, Fox seems reluctant to let the gay couples show much PDA (or, you know, even have any conversations that tell the audience that they're a couple) on the show. So unless that changes, no matter whom Kurt gets paired up with in the future, Kurt's romantic relationship still wouldn't get portrayed satisfactorily. If Klaine stays together, we'll get to see the ongoing journey of Kurt Hummel in college, in a long distance relationship with his boyfriend. Kurt's stories won't focus on his romantic relationship anymore, but that may not be such a bad thing, considering that RIB+ sucks big time at writing romance anyway. What we should be getting in S4 would be more Furt and Hummelberry (I doubt they'd split the big 3 up in the split narrative), and that alone should be something worth looking forward to. Whether Kurt stays together with Blaine or not after graduation is a moot point.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Jellyrolls on 4/6/2012, 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Just adding spoiler tags)
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next