Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 2

+28
Sani
sjonnepon
ColferGirl
fireangel
Ireth
Vir Cotto
CCfan93
emilynna
kac
Kurt Hummel
Divalicious
Coolbeans3131
M&M
Glorfindel
gleekout93
Delight
dap1217
sahhar
fantastica
CloveGlee
brisallie
Emile
Shinra17
tanita_mors
arina
Struck by Lightning
ColferInspired
Jellyrolls
32 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 2

Post  Jellyrolls 3/23/2012, 2:37 pm

sahhar wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:OK, seeing some of the pics of Chris as Carson in the SBL thread reminded me of one of my pet peeves I have about Ryan's golden boy (aka Darren).

Early on when Glee first started, does everyone remember how Chris made all kinds of comments about how he decided that he would cross his legs when sitting as Kurt? Well, have you noticed that Darren does that a lot when he's on screen too? Most guys I know (even the gay ones) don't sit leg's crossed at the upper leg like Kurt does. They might put their lower leg on top of the upper leg on occassion, but very few guys I know ever sit with the leg crossed like Kurt. I guess it just bugs me that Darren picked up on a character mannerism that Chris conciously picked for Kurt.

I know it's kind of a silly nitpicky thing to pick up on, but every time I see Darren with his legs crossed on screen, I think to self, "Knock it off. That's Kurt's thing."

OMG, I've noticed that too!. I thought it was just me but apparently not. In the beginning Blaine's mannerisms were different but later on they became more and more like Kurt's. I'd really like to see Darren be able to actually create a character with his own individual mannerisms and body language to be convinced of him as an actor, because I deifinitely agree with you on him picking up character mannerisms from Chris dryy .

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. It's been bugging me since the beginning of the season, since the first day he sat down in the choir room. It's like they have to show the gay boys from the straight boys from the way they cross their legs.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 2

Post  arina 3/23/2012, 2:43 pm

I think I saw Darren sitting like this (or similarly) off camera several times, so I think that's maybe the way he normaly sits.

I know guys who sits like this, my father and uncle for example :-D
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/23/2012, 6:21 pm

didn't Chris sometimes sit w/ a leg cross the other a lot? except as himself he likes to grab his thigh, but as Kurt he usually kept his back straight and crosses his fingers over his knee, so sitting more "like a girl".
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 3/23/2012, 7:46 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
sahhar wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:OK, seeing some of the pics of Chris as Carson in the SBL thread reminded me of one of my pet peeves I have about Ryan's golden boy (aka Darren).

Early on when Glee first started, does everyone remember how Chris made all kinds of comments about how he decided that he would cross his legs when sitting as Kurt? Well, have you noticed that Darren does that a lot when he's on screen too? Most guys I know (even the gay ones) don't sit leg's crossed at the upper leg like Kurt does. They might put their lower leg on top of the upper leg on occassion, but very few guys I know ever sit with the leg crossed like Kurt. I guess it just bugs me that Darren picked up on a character mannerism that Chris conciously picked for Kurt.

I know it's kind of a silly nitpicky thing to pick up on, but every time I see Darren with his legs crossed on screen, I think to self, "Knock it off. That's Kurt's thing."

OMG, I've noticed that too!. I thought it was just me but apparently not. In the beginning Blaine's mannerisms were different but later on they became more and more like Kurt's. I'd really like to see Darren be able to actually create a character with his own individual mannerisms and body language to be convinced of him as an actor, because I deifinitely agree with you on him picking up character mannerisms from Chris dryy .

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. It's been bugging me since the beginning of the season, since the first day he sat down in the choir room. It's like they have to show the gay boys from the straight boys from the way they cross their legs.

True. Also, I still see a lot of character bleed from Darren. Sometimes I see Blaine and sometimes I see Darren. Maybe it's the confusing characterization by the writers unsure , but anyways, that's just my observation

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 3/24/2012, 6:09 am

I always thought it was just Darren and the way he usually sits, even off camera.
But since you all noticed a change during the episodes, maybe you're right. Actually, seems quite possible.

I'd really like to see Darren be able to actually create a character with his own individual mannerisms and body language to be convinced of him as an actor, because I deifinitely agree with you on him picking up character mannerisms from Chris
^Well, even if I don't really like the idea of him copies the mannerisms of a character that is not his (and that he could create by himself), at least it's a beginning! Rolling Eyes
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/24/2012, 6:11 am

I don't pay enough attention to DC before and now I hate to look at him so I will never find out if this posture thing is true or not. I don't care. the sooner he can disappear from my screen the happier my life will be.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 3/24/2012, 6:24 am

fantastica wrote:didn't Chris sometimes sit w/ a leg cross the other a lot? except as himself he likes to grab his thigh, but as Kurt he usually kept his back straight and crosses his fingers over his knee, so sitting more "like a girl".
I think he said once that it was something he gets from all the time he spends being Kurt.

Like Fantastica, I don't pay attention to the mannerism of blarren, I mainly see him when he's close to Chris in a scene and the only thing I notice is that he's always sat very straight when next to Kurt and once there was Rachel between them, he was completely slumped on her dryy
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/24/2012, 6:26 am

^ now that's wrong acting!

W/ his onscreen bf he's a stick of wood; w/ his onscreem female classmate he's a womenizer. Oh Blaine, You drive (kurt) insane!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/24/2012, 9:25 am

I avoid watching Darren outside of Glee as much as I can because I'm just not interested in him, so I don't know if that's his normal posture. He doesn't sit like that all the time (like Chris does), but enough to bug me.

@Shinra, Chris did mention in an interview about how he started sitting with his legs crossed all the time because of Kurt (though he made it his own, as Kurt doesn't tuck his hand in between his legs like Chris does, hehe).
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  dap1217 3/24/2012, 12:00 pm

The only one interview I remember DC did sit like that,cause I found his posture funny that time.
dap1217
dap1217
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/24/2012, 1:51 pm

arina wrote:I think I saw Darren sitting like this (or similarly) off camera several times, so I think that's maybe the way he normaly sits.

I know guys who sits like this, my father and uncle for example :-D

Nowadays is less strange to see guys sitting like that, because it doesn't means anything, actually it depends more on the position of your hands;as Fantastica said , Chris usually grab his thigh and I see that men usually do that instead of crossing their fingers over their knee like most of girls - I do that gesture at least What about you girls?-

brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 3/24/2012, 2:19 pm

Shinra17 wrote:
fantastica wrote:didn't Chris sometimes sit w/ a leg cross the other a lot? except as himself he likes to grab his thigh, but as Kurt he usually kept his back straight and crosses his fingers over his knee, so sitting more "like a girl".
I think he said once that it was something he gets from all the time he spends being Kurt.

Like Fantastica, I don't pay attention to the mannerism of blarren, I mainly see him when he's close to Chris in a scene and the only thing I notice is that he's always sat very straight when next to Kurt and once there was Rachel between them, he was completely slumped on her dryy

His demeneour always changes when he's interacting with the girls. It's actually very obvious I wonder how the general audience reacts to it. We already know he's very flirty in real life and he can't help it, but couldn't atleast make an effort to control that on the show? Rolling Eyes .

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/24/2012, 6:29 pm

I think some of blaine's fans actually love the "straight blaine" most because it helps them fantasize their love affair w/ DC.

I just finished Downton Abbey last night by not sleeping. Now that's a well-written, well enacted tv show! Every character - good or bad or somewhat in between, have distinctive personalities. Every actor fully embodies his/her character and there's never a WTF moment.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 3/24/2012, 7:13 pm

sahhar wrote:
Shinra17 wrote:

His demeneour always changes when he's interacting with the girls. It's actually very obvious I wonder how the general audience reacts to it. We already know he's very flirty in real life and he can't help it, but couldn't atleast make an effort to control that on the show? Rolling Eyes .
That's why I resent him so much. What's the point to call himself an actor if he can't do something as simple as that. Any extra on the show is more professional, although they play an anonymous character in the background.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 3/24/2012, 8:28 pm

Totally. I find Grant way more believable in his portrayal as a gay man than Darren. His demeneour never changes whenever we've seen him interact with the girls.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/24/2012, 9:07 pm

I think I could portray a gay male more believably than Darren, and I am a straight woman Wink

I would love to know how much he is making per episode of Glee. Chris and Lea made $45,000 per episode in season 2. Darren better not make as much as them.

I was googling to see if I could find out how much he made, and saw some comments about his appearance on Regis & Kelly last year, so I watched the you tube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aL3zWvpJgQ

I laughed at the video several times. Particularly at aboue the 3 minute mark when he responded to Kelly's question asking if Glee looks for actors who can sing or singers who can act. Darren said they look for actors who can sing, and he approaches it from an acting point of view. He puts so little effort into the acting it's scary that he thinks he approaches the acting first.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/24/2012, 9:17 pm

DC's "gayness" comes from himself - didn't the casting director call him the "gayness straight man" he's known? He picked up a lot of gay manerisms from hanging out w/ gay theater actors as a kid. So he basically didn't have to "act" at all. He can be totally himself and looks gay enough, until he interacts w/ women and then his flirtiness shows through, also a characteristic of himself.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 3/24/2012, 9:41 pm

fantastica wrote:DC's "gayness" comes from himself - didn't the casting director call him the "gayness straight man" he's known? He picked up a lot of gay manerisms from hanging out w/ gay theater actors as a kid. So he basically didn't have to "act" at all. He can be totally himself and looks gay enough, until he interacts w/ women and then his flirtiness shows through, also a characteristic of himself.

That makes so much sense. I was trying to put it in words but couldn't quite do it, haha. SO basically he plays himself, that's talent right there Laughing

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 3/24/2012, 9:42 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:I think I could portray a gay male more believably than Darren, and I am a straight woman Wink
Razz Razz Razz
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/24/2012, 9:49 pm

fantastica wrote:DC's "gayness" comes from himself - didn't the casting director call him the "gayness straight man" he's known? He picked up a lot of gay manerisms from hanging out w/ gay theater actors as a kid. So he basically didn't have to "act" at all. He can be totally himself and looks gay enough, until he interacts w/ women and then his flirtiness shows through, also a characteristic of himself.

ptdr Seriously, did they say that??? (Do you have the source? ) This remind me a picture of him and Chris that I saw once and someone wrote over their heads "Gay" and "Straight" respectively ; personally there was a time I thought he was bi or he wanted to make people think he was for getting more attention- which it won't a surprise for me now.

I found the source when Chris says he has taken some Kurt's traits:
Chris's interview 2009

Q: “Hi Chris! I’m a hard-core Gleek and Kurt is one of my favorite characters. I saw you on Bonnie Hunt and found it so interesting how different you are from your character. Are there any similarities between you and your character?
What is the biggest misconception that people have about you, now that you’re in the public eye?”
– Darshana
A: Thanks! I love Bonnie! One of the biggest misconceptions is that I am Kurt. It’s hard convincing people I’m not when the role was written for me and the media begins to focus so much on our similarities. But I don’t mind it. I wish I was more like him. I’m more of a mix between Rachel and Sue (determined, nerdy, perfectionist, with lots of inappropriate witty remarks that make Amber punch me in the shoulder.) I’ve noticed I’ve started picking up some of Kurt’s traits (crossing the legs when I sit, standing with one hip out). That’s what you get when you pretend to be someone else all day!

@Jelly : Haven't you thinking to audition as Kurt's new bf??? Razz
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/24/2012, 11:19 pm

Karen can pass as a gay man as long as she shaves her head. I am sure that the way she looks at men is the same way a gay men looks at men, and the way she is around female is the same way a real gay men are around females - like buddy buddy. that's why Karen, as herself (w/ a shaved head), can pass as a gay men more convincingly as DC, even if she is not acting.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/24/2012, 11:31 pm

brisallie wrote:

ptdr Seriously, did they say that??? (Do you have the source? ) This remind me a picture of him and Chris that I saw once and someone wrote over their heads "Gay" and "Straight" respectively ; personally there was a time I thought he was bi or he wanted to make people think he was for getting more attention- which it won't a surprise for me now.

I found the source when Chris says he has taken some Kurt's traits:
Chris's interview 2009

Q: “Hi Chris! I’m a hard-core Gleek and Kurt is one of my favorite characters. I saw you on Bonnie Hunt and found it so interesting how different you are from your character. Are there any similarities between you and your character?
What is the biggest misconception that people have about you, now that you’re in the public eye?”
– Darshana
A: Thanks! I love Bonnie! One of the biggest misconceptions is that I am Kurt. It’s hard convincing people I’m not when the role was written for me and the media begins to focus so much on our similarities. But I don’t mind it. I wish I was more like him. I’m more of a mix between Rachel and Sue (determined, nerdy, perfectionist, with lots of inappropriate witty remarks that make Amber punch me in the shoulder.) I’ve noticed I’ve started picking up some of Kurt’s traits (crossing the legs when I sit, standing with one hip out). That’s what you get when you pretend to be someone else all day!

@Jelly : Haven't you thinking to audition as Kurt's new bf??? Razz

Romina, I think he said it in a couple of TV interviews as well.

And I would have a chance to be Kurt's new bf if Shinra was there.

fantastica wrote:Karen can pass as a gay man as long as she shaves her head. I am sure that the way she looks at men is the same way a gay men looks at men, and the way she is around female is the same way a real gay men are around females - like buddy buddy. that's why Karen, as herself (w/ a shaved head), can pass as a gay men more convincingly as DC, even if she is not acting.

I am not shaving my head, Kim. No way. And unlike DC, I can actually act convincingly.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/24/2012, 11:36 pm

OK, I'm reposting this picture that Kim posted on the community board so I can snark.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 2 - Page 2 Stamos-hugs-cory-glee

Is it just me, or does it look like Cory is taking fashion advice from Blaine? Grandpa sweater and pants? The only thing missing is a bow tie.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/24/2012, 11:46 pm

sahhar wrote:Totally. I find Grant way more believable in his portrayal as a gay man than Darren. His demeneour never changes whenever we've seen him interact with the girls.

Because he's staying in character, he like Chris takes it seriously. I say that because I don't see any bleed from actor to character. Grant is Sebastian, not Grant in those scenes.

I'm tired of Blarren. I wish Grant would become a regular.

The Kurt and Sebastian scenes are so much fun, and you see the real Kurt emerge. Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 2 - Page 2 4247136565
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/25/2012, 12:22 am

I wouldn't care if Blarren stayed on the show if he was put in the middle to low end of the pack where he belongs and not in the top group. I wish that RIB would realize how many viewers find him to be way overexposed on the show. Part of me is looking forward to seeing Big Brother because it's going to be a real test for Darren (which I'm expecting him to fail).

Hey all of you gif experts. Is there a gif of Kurt mouthing "What's wrong with you?" at Blaine during "Red Solo Cup." I love that part Smile
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next