Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 1

+24
M&M
Emile
Divalicious
red texta
Struck by Lightning
Coolbeans3131
CloveGlee
sjonnepon
ry_kurtsie
Ireth
arina
Vir Cotto
Delight
sahhar
ColferGirl
dap1217
mellama
brisallie
ColferInspired
Shinra17
tanita_mors
Glorfindel
fantastica
Jellyrolls
28 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 1 - Page 39 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 1

Post  arina 4/6/2012, 7:23 am

Glorfindel wrote:
Shinra17 wrote:
Emile wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 1 - Page 39 Tumblr_m214wyfEk31qc6xxfo1_500
I love the prospect of a new Hummelberry song, but I would have loved it more if it was an exclusive Hummelberry song, without Blaine.
We've been deprived of a Hummelberry song for so long. :(

But a song is a song nonetheless, so there is something to look forward to, at least Kurt is singing..... again!. neutre
^^^^^^

Let's hope Kurt is not singing the 20% of the song, of which the 15% will be cut off from the performance.
Let's hope he sings, because it can also be "great song" with DC and "great scene" with Chris... Laughing
At this moment I'd settle for "great song" with Chris and "meh scene" with Darren. dryy
I really want another Hummelberry duet. Let's hope that the NYADA auditions will give us one (hanging on to straws).
I hope for solo for NYADA actually, although if we get solo + duet I would not mind it :-)
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 1 - Page 39 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 1

Post  Glorfindel 4/6/2012, 7:43 am

arina wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:At this moment I'd settle for "great song" with Chris and "meh scene" with Darren. dryy
I really want another Hummelberry duet. Let's hope that the NYADA auditions will give us one (hanging on to straws).
I hope for solo for NYADA actually, although if we get solo + duet I would not mind it :-)
Oh, I hope for solos at NYADA too. That is the least they should give us. But a duet for NYADA as well would be perfect. neutre
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 4/6/2012, 9:01 am

Oh joy! arghh

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 1 - Page 39 Tumblr_m223co0MGd1rq78jwo1_500
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 4/6/2012, 9:15 am

Glorfindel wrote:
Shinra17 wrote:Let's hope he sings, because it can also be "great song" with DC and "great scene" with Chris... Laughing
At this moment I'd settle for "great song" with Chris and "meh scene" with Darren. dryy
Shinra17 wrote:Oh joy! arghh

Seems like you have predited it. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 1 - Page 39 Nu
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 4/6/2012, 9:36 am

Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! crycry

I can't take another Blainchel. Come on! Overkill much? Mad

*deep breath*

Okay, let's try to be a tad more optimistic. Another Blainchel doesn't mean that we won't get any Hummelberry in the future. The two are not mutually exclusive after all.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 4/6/2012, 9:53 am

I think they maybe were just having fun betweet scenes.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 4/6/2012, 12:16 pm

Some of the songs are out:
---------------
Fighter

Hungry Like Wolf/Rio

Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/6/2012, 12:28 pm

Fighter - the song is a mess. Darren's vocals aren't bad, but lack power and real emotion, not to mention the badass attitude that this song needs to have. Also, the music overwhelms the vocals to much at times. Darren is drowned out completely.

Duran Duran mash up - I can hardly recognize their voices. Not a great mash up at all. Sound sort of plastic and sugary pop.

STIYTK - the best vocals out all 3. Still like the verses better then the chorus, good harmonies. Kind of boring now that I hear the whole thing. Best out of the 3.

tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  CCfan93 4/6/2012, 12:30 pm

eh....I still havent decided on how I feel about these yet....
CCfan93
CCfan93
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 4/6/2012, 12:53 pm

I had to stop playing Fighter halfway through the song. @tanita_mors You're absolutely right. Darren lacks the intensity and emotion that the song requires. Instead of sounding fierce, Darren sounds .. I don't know, almost like he's not feeling anything when he's singing the song. After hearing Christina Aguilera's version, the Glee version is absolutely underwhelming dryy

One thing that 'Michael' had shown us clearly is that Kurt can bring the bad attitude when he sings. Since Glee has a tendency of letting characters hijack each other's story lines and sing songs that rightfully belonged to other characters (they do that a lot to Kurt after all), why won't they let Kurt sing this one? Then we'll be treated to a Kurt shower scene instead, which would be much more interesting to watch (for us and every other Kurtsie out there).

I'm interested in hearing what Glorfindel has to say about these songs. I'm predicting a similar 'meh' response.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 4/6/2012, 1:08 pm

Honestly, I'd like to hear the other two.
...Hoping they let us listen to them! Shocked This 'Quinn might be dead' thing is annoying.
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  CCfan93 4/6/2012, 1:10 pm

speaking of the other two where the hell are those songs?! I cant find them anywhere arent they suppose to be out by now?
CCfan93
CCfan93
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/6/2012, 1:14 pm

Delight wrote:I'm interested in hearing what Glorfindel has to say about these songs. I'm predicting a similar 'meh' response.
I agree with you and Ivana:

'Fighter' is a mess. The key is too low, Darren is pooping instead of singing, and all I can hear is blangst, but not in a good way. The music is too loud, in the hope of perhaps 'empowering' Darren's voice, but it only drowns him out.

The Duran Duran mash-up is horrible. I can't even tell who is singing what. What a waste of Matt Bomer's talent.

SIUTK is good, I like it, a lot. A bit boring perhaps, but next to the other 2 songs this is a gem.

But ugh, 3 Blaine songs in 1 episode, and only 2 other songs. Evil or Very Mad

I'm impatiently waiting for the other 2 songs.
I'm going to prepare and eat dinner now. Hopefully the songs will be up after that. I'm very curious about 'I'm Still Standing'.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/6/2012, 1:15 pm

CCfan93 wrote:speaking of the other two where the hell are those songs?! I cant find them anywhere arent they suppose to be out by now?
official Glee site

-EDIT_
Oh, sorry, I thought you meant the Duran Duran mash-up and Fighter.
The other 2 are not up yet.

Last edited by Glorfindel on 4/6/2012, 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 4/6/2012, 1:16 pm

CCfan93 wrote:speaking of the other two where the hell are those songs?! I cant find them anywhere arent they suppose to be out by now?
Quinn is supposed to be dead, so... arghh
Unf, I hope they realease the songs anyway.
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/6/2012, 1:42 pm

OK, I agree about Fighter. It's not "in your face" enough. It should have power and angst and agression, and it lacks all of that.

Do not like the Duran Duran mix. It felt too slow to me (like Love Shack felt too slow to me). I wound up turning it off midway through.

SIUTK is definitely the best of the three, and at least there is some emotion in that one. But I don't love it.

I do have to say that I find Darren's voice a lot easier to listen to when I'm not watching him on screen.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 4/6/2012, 1:51 pm

I think Fighter is good, not great but I like it, but the music is TOO LOUD.

The Duran Duran mash-up is bad, I cannot recognize them either.

SIUTK sounds good, but I find it kind of boring.

I am not very impressed by any of this song. I think they could use Matt a lot of better.

I am curious about the Quinn songs, the "internet" people who watch the spoilers already know she is alive and other people won't listen to new songs, so I don't know where is the problem.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/6/2012, 1:56 pm

Absolutely.

I'm not even ashamed to admit that I love most of Darren's vocals. He has a very warm voice and a great sound for pop and alternative. I'm still listening to Cough Syrup and I Wanna Be Starting Something (for some reason I really dig him on that one). But the visual and especially his overacting ruins most songs for me in the show. The only one it really worked on was When I Get You Alone (probably my favorite of his). Not to mention, he sings far to effing much.

Out of the three, STIUTK is vocally and emotionally the best, but a bit too boring to me and Matt sound really good on it. The mash up is hideous. They don't even sound like themselves to me. Fighter, DC has the RNB sound down, but lack power and proper emotion and edge to really carry this song. And the music is overpowering him constantly.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 4/6/2012, 2:15 pm

I'm not even going to bother listening to the songs. I think just knowing that they're 3 Blarren songs on one episode is too much for me already. I'm not the least bit interested in listening to Blarren's songs.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 4/6/2012, 2:26 pm

Really disappointed with First Listen Friday so far. :(

Like Ivana, I don't hate Darren's voice. I really love several of his songs - like Somewhere Only We Know, or Teenage Dream, or even Cough Syrup. But his overexposure is making me hateful, and Fighter was just......no. He didn't sound awful or anything, but I listened to it right after listening to Christina's version, and like everyone else has said, he just doesn't have the edge or emotion or power in his voice to carry that song. When Christina sings it, I can hear her "spirit", she sounds like a fighter, gritty and strong and determined. I don't hear that with Darren. And if Blaine's only issue with his brother is typical sibling rivalry and fighting, then his brother problems don't deserve a song as emotionally strong as this, either. (Perhaps there's more to his issues with Cooper than just brother rivalry, I guess we'll find out on Tuesday, but right now I just don't see it).

I can't even tell who is singing when on the Duran Duran mashup, it's so autotuned....

And his vocals are fine on Somebody That I Used To Know. I actually like their version, it's good, they both sound good. But I adore that song, absolutely love it, and after this BRILLIANT 5-person acappella version from Pentatonix, I can't listen to any other version (well, except the original)

Seriously, listen to this, this is amazing. And only 5 people doing *all* vocals and sounds. Yup. wub

I'd especially love to hear what you think of this group, Marie. Smile
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/6/2012, 3:14 pm

I also don't hate Darren's voice on his better songs. And most of the times, even when a song is not suitable for him, I can appreciate his effort (like in 'Something's Coming').
But 'Fighter' really doesn't sound good to me. It's not only the lack of emotion and grit, but him trying to 'emote' gets in the way of his singing, like he's 'squinting' his voice to push the emotions out. Vocal technically it sends me up the wall, it just doesn't sound natural to me.
But maybe that's my more sensitive vocal coach ears. It's like nails on a chalkboard to me, just like Karofsky's voice was in the hospital scene (the 'cry' in his voice). When a voice isn't natural sounding, I get really uneasy.
BTW: twisting a voice in an accent or other key is not the same, like Chris did when he imitated Oprah Winfrey: that is still a natural sounding voice.

ColferGirl wrote:
Seriously, listen to this, this is amazing. And only 5 people doing *all* vocals and sounds. Yup. wub

I'd especially love to hear what you think of this group, Marie. Smile
Nice, very well done, but I prefer this cover:

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 4/6/2012, 3:26 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
Nice, very well done, but I prefer this cover:

Woah! ohmy That's awesome!!! I love how they're all playing the same guitar together!

Thanks for sharing that - now I have 3 versions to listen to. hapitgh

As for First Listen Friday....I hope they upload the other two songs, but I have a bad feeling they won't....don't the song covers come out on Amazon on Saturdays, usually? They did last Saturday. I really want to know if Staying Alive is in the Bee Gees episode at all, and if it is, I'll hold out for some hope that Kurt will be on it. I'd love that so much. I'll be so sad if he ends up not singing it, or even once in the episode.
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/6/2012, 5:09 pm

Emile wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
Shinra17 wrote:Let's hope he sings, because it can also be "great song" with DC and "great scene" with Chris... Laughing

Seems like you have predited it. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 1 - Page 39 Nu
i think it's blainchell singing and kurt is watching. he's always watching. they should just turn him into a "music director" or something. let me watch everything.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/6/2012, 5:33 pm

fantastica wrote:
i think it's blainchell singing and kurt is watching. he's always watching. they should just turn him into a "music director" or something. let me watch everything.

Yeah, that could be his new aim and he's not allowed to sing!!! ¬¬

@Marie, I haven't listened any song from next episode but honestly what I'm most afraid of is for FIGHTER, because is one of my fav songs , however your review makes me feel worse.

PS: I dared to listen FIGHTER a second ago and I think his voice sounds properly BUT I'm missing the power ,passion and fierce this song has, all of those emotions that Christina transmits. Here is nothing.

Maybe I am a bad fan, but I think Rachel should be in the middle. She is the leading character from the begining

You're not. Because It was my second thought (or third) "Why Rachel or Finn are not in the middle?" I understand Finn has lost his place but What about Rachel?

Last edited by brisallie on 4/6/2012, 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/6/2012, 5:42 pm

^ who needs power when you just want to get your toys back. I mean, no need to take out the machine gun when you just want to kill a few ants, right? dryy
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next