Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Singing!

+2
fantastica
ColferInspired
6 posters

Go down

Chris Singing! Empty Chris Singing!

Post  ChrisColfersLightning 2/24/2015, 7:06 pm

So I think I can say that Chris still do want to sing after Glee is over, I know he do not want to do the whole album thing, but he can still like sing for fun and like I want to know if it is possible for him to even do a cover song and post it on youtube or his instagram for his fans if we ask him? Like if a lot of us ask him to sing a song for us would Chris maybe do it? Like I really would be so happy if he did a song or two for us like a lot of the Glee cast have sung  for their fans, maybe Chris will too if enough of us ask him, tweet him, ect? blushh
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColfersLightning
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Chris Singing! Empty Re: Chris Singing!

Post  ColferInspired 2/24/2015, 8:28 pm

This could be done after Glee is no longer on the air and maybe a couple of months time.

Chris I think is avoiding social media because of the tinhatters and obnoxious Klainers.

Things will eventually die down, and we should see Chris become more active on social media.

Though next month we should see the cover of TLOS4, and then he might do another  Q&A if he is not too busy. neutre
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/24/2015, 11:22 pm

Chris loves singing. He used to sing in his shower all the time.  I assume he takes extremely long showers. People who takes 2 minute showers don't have time to sing. Just because he had no aspiration to becoming a recording artist doesn't mean he doesn't like to sing. The "he doesn't want to sing " is an excuse made up by fans because he didn't sing on various occasions but he wasn't in charge of these events and we don't know the politics involved in deciding who performs and who doesn't.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 2/25/2015, 6:26 am

He'll be singing in Noel, and he said he wants to do Broadway in the future. Smile

And he hasn't completely ruled out an album like he did in the past.

Here's hoping we'll get to hear a lot more of his lovely singing.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/25/2015, 8:40 am

ChrisColfersLightning wrote:So I think I can say that Chris still do want to sing after Glee is over, I know he do not want to do the whole album thing, but he can still like sing for fun and like I want to know if it is possible for him to even do a cover song and post it on youtube or his instagram for his fans if we ask him? Like if a lot of us ask him to sing a song for us would Chris maybe do it? Like I really would be so happy if he did a song or two for us like a lot of the Glee cast have sung  for their fans, maybe Chris will too if enough of us ask him, tweet him, ect? blushh
Although it's a lovely idea (I hereby claim that nobody wants Chris to sing more in the future than me vexe ) I don't think a lot of us tweeting him to ask for a youtube video is a good idea.

Chris doesn't listen to fandom pressure and doesn't like it, that much was clearly confirmed in the recent Klaine BTS videos we got. If anything being pushed like that will most likely make him resent the idea.

Not that the Chris fans who would ask for a song on youtube would be as rude as how the Klainers and tinhatters have been behaving towards him on twitter and instagram, of course.

And another thing: even if Chris wants to sing in public more (and I think he does) there's a difference between singing a song in character (like in a musical or for a movie like 'Noel') and singing as yourself (like at an award or charity show) and that includes a youtube video.
Chris has said before that he's more comfortable singing when he's in character, so he can hide a bit behind it (that's why it was so brave of him to interact with the audience during his IWTHYH solo on the live tour). He sees himself more like an actor who can sing, than a singer who can act (like e.g. Amber Riley does).

Not that I want to project my feelings regarding this on Chris, as I don't know him (none of us do), but I'm a very confident professional singer and would never post a youtube video of myself singing, unless it would be work related (to promote my job) and I'm 'in character' (i.e. singing at a reception or wedding is also me in a sort of character).
Posting a youtube video of yourself singing is scary as hell, especially when you're an introvert (and you'd be surprised how many performers are introverts), and I can imagine it's even a lot worse for someone as famous as Chris who's singing and voice have been criticized and scrutinized a lot over the years on Glee.

Now maybe he'll change his mind later (and I'll be cheering him on the loudest of all), and of course there's nothing wrong with every now and then nicely asking him if he still wants to sing publicly for his fans in the future, but give him some breathing space and let him get there on his own if he wants to, without any feeling of partly being pressured into it.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColfersLightning 2/25/2015, 4:36 pm

Yeah, you guys are right. I just wanted Chris to know that we love his voice, I keep forgetting that he is shy when it comes to himself singing. I just love and miss his voice so much that I wasn't thinking clearly. I know he will sing in Noel, I just am selfish and want to hear Chris himself sing.
I am so excited for him to start on Noel and other projects we dont even know about yet, I am just getting the ending Glee jitters and want to hear him sing like every song since we got so little Kurt and no Kurt solos :( Ugh I hate that I am selfish unsure
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColfersLightning
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/25/2015, 5:45 pm

^If that's being selfish then I'm sure we all are selfish as we all want Chris to sing as much as possible. neutre 

And there's nothing wrong with sometimes tweeting Chris he's got a great voice and we love to hear him sing.  fanny2
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/25/2015, 9:14 pm

My best hope is that Chris will book a BW or even West End musical somewhere down the line. He has been quoted as saying he doesn't mind singing as a character because he considers that as an extension of his acting.

Matt Morrison said that in anticipation of his "Neverland " BW role he's been working with a vocal coach the last year, and for selfish reasons I would love for Chris to work with a coach for a singing role for an extended period.

Glee seemed so rushed in preps for singing and despite that, to my untrained ears Chris improved and his voice was even more bell like in its purity ( always thought it was nice to begin with) and richer now.

So another singing role would be wonderful. wub

Realistically, (hoping and praying I'm wrong), but I don't anticipate Chris singing anytime soon in public, as Chris Colfer. :(

However never say never!
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down