Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6x04 "The Hurt Locker, Part One" Watch & Discussion thread

+7
dimpledchris
ColferInspired
fantastica
Divalicious
Ranwing
Jellyrolls
tanita_mors
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What did you think of the episodes ?

6x04 "The Hurt Locker, Part One" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%6x04 "The Hurt Locker, Part One" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
6x04 "The Hurt Locker, Part One" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%6x04 "The Hurt Locker, Part One" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
6x04 "The Hurt Locker, Part One" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap33%6x04 "The Hurt Locker, Part One" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 2 ]
6x04 "The Hurt Locker, Part One" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap50%6x04 "The Hurt Locker, Part One" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 3 ]
6x04 "The Hurt Locker, Part One" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap17%6x04 "The Hurt Locker, Part One" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 6

6x04 "The Hurt Locker, Part One" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 6x04 "The Hurt Locker, Part One" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  fantastica 1/23/2015, 11:55 pm

again i forgot tonight. i also forgot Grimm, but i can catch up w/ Grimm tomorrow on the website, ads free.

so, did kurt sing today at all?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

6x04 "The Hurt Locker, Part One" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 6x04 "The Hurt Locker, Part One" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Jellyrolls 1/23/2015, 11:57 pm

fantastica wrote:again i forgot tonight. i also forgot Grimm, but i can catch up w/ Grimm tomorrow on the website, ads free.

so, did kurt sing today at all?

No Kurt songs. Sue solo, and a Samchel duet. Now, a VA song.

Very slow music week. Made for a very dull episode.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/23/2015, 11:58 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
Ranwing wrote:Am totally shipping Kurt and Walter...

Off topic, but did you see all of the LeKurt posts on tumblr today?

Of course I did.

Let's be honest... I'm at the point where I'll ship Kurt with that bear cub if it means getting him away from Blaine.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 1/23/2015, 11:59 pm

Little throwback to season one with the shocked faces on the ND faces.

VA performance is OK visually, but vocally it is very boring. Glee just doesn't do 80's music well. They slow it down and strip the energy out of the songs.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 1/23/2015, 11:59 pm

Ranwing wrote:Karen, I get the feeling that you and I are the only ones watching this. coool

I am just reading the reactions on tumblr and waiting for Kurt gifs.  neutre
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/24/2015, 12:02 am

As I said, Sue's rendition of Bitch was the musical highlight. And that's a really, really low bar.

I'll admit it... most of the episode was a bore. Every Samchel scene caused the episode to grind to a crawl. But I loved Sue's interactions with Kurt. And the warped way the show was mocking the Klaine fandom via Sue (and twisting is so that Kurt was the amazing that Blaine should be lucky to have).

But it really felt like a lot of wasted time. And with only 13 episodes, we're a third of the way through the season and there's been no movement on anything.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  dimpledchris 1/24/2015, 12:03 am

Jellyrolls wrote:
Ranwing wrote:Am totally shipping Kurt and Walter...

Off topic, but did you see all of the LeKurt posts on tumblr today?

The LeKurt posts are hilarious. I thought I missed a major spoiler about Leroy Berry and Kurt interacting, but it's just the Kurtsies being very creative with their shipping.

Sorry I wasn't liveblogging with you guys, my usual livestream would not work and I wasn't excited enough to look for another one. Will wait for the Kurt edits, tumblr tells me there's bound to be tons of Kurt reaction gifs to look forward to.
dimpledchris
dimpledchris
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://dimpledchris.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 1/24/2015, 12:09 am

any gifs of kurt and the cutie bear? i mean the furry one. did they cuddle?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/24/2015, 12:53 am

There were some good, genuinely funny moments. The problem is that we had to wade through a lot of crap to reach them.

The Good Stuff

Kurt - He continues to be the sane man in the asylum and is just trying to get on with his life. He's dealing with Blaine maturely (given that Blaine is still acting like a dick), he's handling Sue's daily boiling bucket of crazy and is trying to do right by the kids that they are guiding. I liked his little scene with his date - his shock at seeing just how hold Walter was is totally understandable (and I've been there so I know exactly what he was feeling), but he handled it really well. Sensitive to Walter's feelings (and Walter knew that he had mislead Kurt and was willing to bow out) and maybe gained a friend out of it.

Sue - She always worked best as a cartoon character. Someone on Tumblr calls her a trickster in a track suit and that was on full display here. Sue exists to create havoc around her and that was on full force tonight. No one was immune (although she genuinely seemed to think that getting Blaine back for Kurt was for his benefit - everyone else was on the receiving end of her maliciousness). For the most part I found her entertaining because she knows exactly what buttons to press to make the puppets dance. And she serves a purpose by making unsympathetic characters (or at least characters that act in an unsympathetic manner) more tolerable to the audience.

The Meh

Will - I can understand Will's attachment to New Directons, but being willing to have his current students (who are a cold, unsympathetic lot) really set me off. It's was such a failure of his responsibility as a teacher. Even if he doesn't like his students, he still has an obligation to them and asking them to perform less than their best is a dereliction of his duties. Rachel was wrong to ask, but Will was wrong to agree to her request. And for him to change his mind out of maliciousness because he thought that Rachel screwed him over just shows him to be petty and weak.

Rachel - I totally get that Rachel is gun shy and her competitive spirit has taken a pounding with her career failures, but as a coach she is failing her students very badly. There is no question that they are way behind in preparation compared to the other choirs that they will be facing, but trying to shield her team from failure is no way to motivate them. She's never taken losing well and cut corners where she could (if it served her advantage) so asking their competition to go easy on her team is no surprise. Especially now that she has returned to Lima as a failure. Sometimes you need to lose and see how hard things might be to really motivate you to try harder. Rachel just gives up now.

The Awful

Samchel - I just can't. Can I understand that there might be some physical attraction? Sure. But with Sam saying clearly that he sill loves Mercedes and Sue's manipulation of the situation makes it impossible for me to see any genuine feelings on either side. There's no chemistry between them and the whole thing is totally contrived.

Blaine - Darren's acting is so wooden that he just drained the energy out of every scene he was in. He was completely lifeless here, not smug enough to actually come across like an asshole to Rachel's request to go easy on ND and when Dave called about the intruder in their apartment? I react more strongly when someone take my apple out of the office fridge. And of course, he only starts showing any interest in Kurt once Kurt decides to start dating someone else (while he can live with and fuck someone else).

The Music - A weak week by any standard. When Sue gets the most engaging musical performance, you know that the show failed to meet even it's usual low standards. The Samchel duet was a bore, even with the overdone visuals and VA's performances were utterly forgettable.

The New Noobs - There's wasn't enough of them. Never thought I would say it.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 1/24/2015, 1:49 am

Hello everybody. So how bearable was this episode? Have read some comments and apparently Sue was insane,but still said funny stuff. 

P.S I'm off my city,so I've no idea when I'll watch the episode
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 1/24/2015, 2:16 am

Ian wrote this episode, which explains a lot.

But where Brad must hate Kurt/Chris, Ian must not.

Though creepy, I loved the gifs where Sue is describing Kurt as a corn-fed rump roast. Razz

6x04 "The Hurt Locker, Part One" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_ninz5jF1xV1qaxxelo1_250  6x04 "The Hurt Locker, Part One" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_ninz5jF1xV1qaxxelo2_250

6x04 "The Hurt Locker, Part One" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_ninz5jF1xV1qaxxelo3_r1_250  6x04 "The Hurt Locker, Part One" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_ninz5jF1xV1qaxxelo4_r1_250

6x04 "The Hurt Locker, Part One" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_ninz5jF1xV1qaxxelo5_r1_250                        6x04 "The Hurt Locker, Part One" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_ninz5jF1xV1qaxxelo6_r1_250

I don't blame Kurt for leaving.

I wonder how many times they had to shoot that scene without laughing?

Someone is talking about an extended rimming joke about Kurt's ass that was said. blinkk
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 1/24/2015, 2:42 am

And did Blaine actually pay Kurt a compliment, calling him America's most eligible bachelor?

This episode might have not been very good, but at least it wasn't like last weeks with Santana.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 1/24/2015, 8:03 am

brisallie wrote:Hello everybody. So how bearable was this episode? Have read some comments and apparently Sue was insane,but still said funny stuff. 

It was watchable, but extremely boring.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  dimpledchris 1/24/2015, 8:44 am

Jellyrolls wrote:
brisallie wrote:Hello everybody. So how bearable was this episode? Have read some comments and apparently Sue was insane,but still said funny stuff. 

It was watchable, but extremely boring.

Agreed. It was supremely boring. I did kind of enjoy the Kurt/Sue scenes; it was a novelty to hear someone actually compliment Kurt again, even if Sue's lines were insane fangirling. That "America's most eligible bachelor" line from Blaine was also cute. For a moment before he continued his line though, I thought he was going to say "America's Next Top Model". Wishful thinking on my part, lol.
dimpledchris
dimpledchris
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://dimpledchris.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 1/24/2015, 10:55 am

ColferInspired wrote:Ian wrote this episode, which explains a lot.

But where Brad must hate Kurt/Chris, Ian must not.

Though creepy, I loved the gifs where Sue is describing Kurt as a corn-fed rump roast. Razz

6x04 "The Hurt Locker, Part One" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_ninz5jF1xV1qaxxelo6_r1_250

Thanks for posting the gifs of this scene. Kurt's WTF expressions are priceless, especially in the last gif  Razz

I'm actually tempted to watch the Kurt edits of this episode, just for the insane-sounding Kurt/Sue scenes alone.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 1/24/2015, 11:13 am

So here is the picture of the Klaine as bridge and groom from Sue's klaine shine:

6x04 "The Hurt Locker, Part One" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_nioq3fRKIY1qmzim4o1_540

Interesting that they used a picture of Blaine looking creepy and Kurt looking uninterested--liked he'd rather be anywhere but next to Blaine.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/24/2015, 11:40 am

Jellyrolls wrote:So here is the picture of the Klaine as bridge and groom from Sue's klaine shine:

6x04 "The Hurt Locker, Part One" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_nioq3fRKIY1qmzim4o1_540

Interesting that they used a picture of Blaine looking creepy and Kurt looking uninterested--liked he'd rather be anywhere but next to Blaine.

This is exactly why I found the mocking of the Klaine fandom so enjoyable. Not only was Sue displaying all the worst tendencies of that group of fans (their irrational demands and bullying to make the pair connect no matter how poorly suited they are), but she also turned it on it's head. Now it was Kurt who was the center, the perfect one who's reluctant partner must be forced to his side regardless of how stupid an idea it as. Blaine was the one portrayed in the dress, while Sue waxed poetic about how appealing Kurt was.

Normally I don't like this kind of mocking of the fans, but after having to deal with the obnoxious Klaine/Blaine stans for so long, I can't help from feeling a bit of malicious enjoyment at their expense.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/24/2015, 1:21 pm

Ha! Ratings took another tumble this week. THL1 is no the lowest rated episode ever.

http://headlineplanet.com/home/2015/01/24/ratings-glee-viewership-slips-series-low/
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 1/24/2015, 1:56 pm

Well, this was a boring and too-ridiculous-to-be-funny episode...glad to see a hot Kurt and a cute bear cub though.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 1/24/2015, 2:39 pm

did they show double episodes last night?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 1/24/2015, 3:19 pm

Just one.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/24/2015, 4:01 pm

Bah, this episode wasn't worth the paper the script was written on: it would have had a better use as toiletpaper.
smajli 

It wasn't funny, it had too much meta, it made a horrible Sandusky (child molester) reference, had stupid Sue storylines, another useless rant, and sleep inducing Samchel. Sleep
It was boring and stupid.

I couldn't even laugh at all the meta Klainer jibes, because even when RIB now show they know how batshit crazy and entitled the Klaine shippers are they're still going to pander to those fans anyway in the next episodes. dryy
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/24/2015, 4:55 pm

The Kurt edit: linkfanny2
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 1/24/2015, 8:44 pm

^ thank you. that's all i will watch.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 1/27/2015, 2:10 am

Have seen the episode and...what the hell was that? Seriously, was so over the top, years ago I would have found it funny as it was something that Glee usually do, but now, all the time I was saying "what the hell is going on?". I think what saved the situations for me was that Jane, Chris, Lea and Matt are good actors. But I insist the whole plot of Sue trying to sabotage Glee Club is getting old, and besides of that, is she a klainer now? WHAT? She even had an altar, don't know if they're making fun of real klainers or believe this crap.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next