Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 2

+25
bayth
Georgette888
M&M
quietbelle
Ranwing
Buenos
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColferFan1
rainespeaks
mindschemez
Ireth
Delight
coxfire
sheny
tanita_mors
Divalicious
Lottie2303
angelnessa
Kurt addict
fantastica
Glorfindel
Jellyrolls
valkeakuulas
brisallie
ColferInspired
29 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 2 - Page 31 Empty Re: Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 2

Post  Buenos 12/31/2014, 3:32 pm

It's weird, Glee will soon be over, so I can't even get a full set of steam about what they're doing anymore, if that makes any sense.

It's like they're playing a crappy last song for a party but it is the last song of the party... Shocked

So I want to enjoy what little Kurt I get.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 2 - Page 31 Empty Re: Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 2

Post  Ranwing 12/31/2014, 4:03 pm

In agreement with everyone that it was... underwhelming is the most generous description I can offer. The singing was sub-par and the song wasn't revamped or updated in any manner. The fact that they didn't let the two singers who could have pulled this off (Kevin and Chris) do any real singing (or get any real focus in the performance because they had to focus on Samchel's budding romance) is beyond irksome. It was all flash and absolutely no heart.

This really doesn't bode well for salvaging the remainder of the season. I'm going to enjoy the golden nuggets of acting we're going to get out of Chris, but the rest is just so trite and derivative. It's heartbreaking to see these kids unable to escape McKinley - it's like this awful black hole that there is just way to break free from.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  angelnessa 12/31/2014, 7:09 pm

Brian Cantor (cantorpedia) is screening the first two episodes and posting his impressions on Twitter right now, if anyone is interested. Of course, it's mainly the Klainers all over him with questions. He's never been much of a Blaine/Darren fan, and it doesn't sound like these episodes are going to change that. Most of the Klainers, of course, sound like they want Kurt to come off as the big old meanie and Blaine as the innocent woobie, and Brian isn't indulging them much ptdr .
angelnessa
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 12/31/2014, 7:55 pm

Glorfindel wrote:This though......

Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 2 - Page 31 Tumblr_nhge2hF89p1qiqb4io1_400  Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 2 - Page 31 Tumblr_nhge2hF89p1qiqb4io2_400
x

The return of 'Single Ladies' and Kurt excoting dancing on a table.  aa54

I was about to watch this sneek peak,but thanks for the spoilers and gifs. I prefer to appreciate this than seeing the whole performance. He knows how to move
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 12/31/2014, 11:12 pm

Here are some of his tweets and replies from Brian Cantor (cantorpedia). Not all of them, mostly the Kurt related ones:
6x01, Loser Like Me:

- Rough first six minutes for Rachel. #Uninvited 

- Not much in the way of humor though. Sue stuff is been there, done that. #ThatsSoRachel is very phoned in.

@meleafanisn't So Rachel suppose to be bad though?
 Brian Cantor@cantorpedia
What I mean is - you're supposed to laugh at how bad it is, and that doesn't really happen. It's just blah.

- It's after six months because they flash back to the planned meet-up outside the loft.

@captaindizzy it's a six month time jump or more than six months?
 Brian Cantor@cantorpedia
More than that - what happens on the day of that meet-up is referenced. Time is always weird on #Glee, but that's a ref pt

- You see the breakup in a flashback.

- Kurt & Blaine each get a chance for sympathy, but the narrative + Colfer's better performance = more will side with Kurt.

@weddingklaine  Blaine's fault? Okay, big surprise there glee. When is it ever NOT Blaine's fault.
 Brian Cantor@cantorpedia
The break-up itself isn't really Blaine's fault. But from there, the show recalibrates to get you behind Kurt.

@klainefan71 what did you mean about Chris' acting? Was that to say the other actor wasn't good (I forget who it is at the moment)?  [lololol, a Klaine fan pretending not to remember Darren's name]
Brian Cantor@cantorpedia
He plays a more convincing victim.

@Julie1277  Thanks! Does the breakup scene reference preceding issues, or a sudden fight--or does Kurt have expository dialogue, or...?
Brian Cantor@cantorpedia
Yes - but save for one example issue (involving toothpaste), the argument is more about generalities & cliches.

@chickgrimes  so theres not even a good reason for the break up other than a plot device midgame? that sounds completely awful.
Brian Cantor@cantorpedia
They address issues - all I'm saying is that it's nothing they couldn't have told you in exposition.
-> The scene really exists for emotional manipulation. It plays sympathetically to Blaine, but the perspective shifts..
-> from that point forward. Becomes about getting you on board with Kurt.

@cheeriobIaine FYI - it does you & your publication very little professional service to blatantly favor one character and actor over the other
Brian Cantor  @cantorpedia
I very much realize that I am saying Chris Colfer is a better actor than Darren Criss. ptdr
-> I also very much realize that I said the show, after pinning the break-up Kurt, quickly shifts gears to get you behind him.

@Julie1277 Do you mean to identify with Kurt's pain, or are there later reveals about the relationship leading to/justifying the breakup?
 Brian Cantor@cantorpedia
The specific details of the breakup don't change over the episode. The re-calibration is purely emotional.

- Max Adler's excellent line readings really help hammer on the Kurt pain.

@tralala_449  why does what karofsky says cause kurt so much pain? is he purposely trying to hurt him?
Brian Cantor@cantorpedia
More about the delivery - that's why I credited Adler.

- Klaine is the only coupling that gets focus in both episodes.

@invisiblegrl_ Is there more about Blaine downward spiral in Homecoming? I remember reading something about seeing his curly hair again.
 Brian Cantor@cantorpedia
It's played for laughs.

@tralala_449 What about Kurt's speed dating stuff?
Brian Cantor@cantorpedia
It's a device to reveal where Kurt's heart truly lies.

6x02, Homecoming:

- I really liked #Homecoming. Enjoyable almost all the way through.

- People WILL complain about how it primarily focuses on new characters & really only uses the originals as props. 

- Don't love how they took a promising storyline involving Blaine & another character & quickly killed it to make things more convenient 

- #Homecoming is more about getting to see the old characters return in Lima than about developing them and/or their relationships.

@carrotsnpeaz Do we hear Chris' voice specifically in any song of these episodes?
Brian Cantor@cantorpedia
Yes

So the narrative and Chris' acting will make more people side with Kurt. Well, Chris' acting making people sympathize with him was a given (duh), but I'm glad the narrative also doesn't make a real villain out of Kurt in the Klaine break-up.
That's something at least.
And lol, the K(B)lainers will be so pissed. bananaz
Also about this:
@cantorpedia Is there more about Blaine downward spiral in Homecoming? I remember reading something about seeing his curly hair again.
 Brian Cantor@cantorpedia @invisiblegrl_ It's played for laughs.  
 moque
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/1/2015, 12:21 am

6x03 - "Jagged Little Tapestry" (16-Jan-2015)

Kurt and Rachel continue to struggle as co-coaches of New Directions. While he thinks their goal should be to educate the new Glee-Clubbers and introduce them to the classics, she remains convinced they will be better off trying to get the kids fired up about the upcoming competition by assigning something more contemporary and relatable. They reach an accord – albeit a tenuous one – when they decide to make their first weekly assignment a mash-up of the two genres using the music of Carole King and Alanis Morissette. And as Kurt struggles with the thought that he might have lost Blaine for good, his growing feelings of hopelessness begin to exacerbate the tensions between him and Rachel even further.

Meanwhile, when Becky Jackson needs help to cover up a lie told to her new boyfriend, some of the Glee Club alumni pitch in to help… in more ways than one; Brittany and Santana take their relationship to the next level; and when one of the football players conspires against Coach Beiste, it leads to her making a shocking confession – and to a welcome opportunity for Sam.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 1/1/2015, 12:49 am

Yippee, nice to know Glee thinks having a person with Down's biggest accomplishment is her ability to be a bitch, and we get to see more of that in this dead end season.

Not that it is a surprise that Chris' acting and Max's for that matter elevate poor writing. I liked how he pointed out it was Max's delivery that sells the line, not that the line itself was good.

They've made Rachel such a caricature that even when they try to make something funny it isn't, because it is as superficial as Rachel has been made to be.

Oh well, at least we get to see Chris emoting, and his expressive and beautiful face will be welcome, even if he brings a lot of baggage with him.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/1/2015, 3:55 pm

Not really shocking that Chris is acing it acting wise in the first two episodes.

The breakup with Blaine, from reading all the comments from those who saw the episodes already, appears to again stem from issues of compatibility.  It seems they just are not getting along ( toothpaste?  ....OK) and Kurt breaks it off.

I guess the epiphany is that Kurt realizes he still loves Blaine, nevertheless it's not as if Kurt is the culprit of some huge transgression and sympathy is squarely on Kurt's side.

Just a guess but again (surprise) the writers miscalculated, they probably thought having Blainofsky was riveting and shocking " drama" but instead it probably comes across as campy and makes the audience feel for Kurt even more.  The shallowness of the Blaine character is too late to address I suppose, and an essential neediness seems displayed by this storyline.

It's unfortunate because we know the Kurt  and Blaine will be eventually reunited. I just don't understand why the writers insist on writing Blaine so weak, for lack of a better word.  It's odd, because I do think RiB like the character but every SL Kurt is much more the stronger character, every single time.

Unlike others here I don't hate the character of Blaine with the hot intensity of a blazing sun, but just wish he was written better since he ends up with Kurt anyways.

I'm happy that Kurt  seems to emerge yet again as a compelling and complicated character, he's the one to break them up, to decide he wants to reunite with Blaine, to face the heartbreak that Blaine is already with someone else ( his ex bully to pour salt in the wound) and at one point trying to move on.  ( aka the online dating of Episode 4)

So looking forward to Chris acting.

It soon  will be over and no more Kurt ever again on my screen.   :(
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/1/2015, 4:23 pm

I published my thoughts on Tumblr about Brian's commends (as well as the mini-shitstorm that he unleased from the Klaine contingent).

So.... thoughts on the screening commentary for "Loser Like Me"...

First of all, many thanks to Brian Cantor for his honest appraisal of the final Glee season premiere. With expectations (good and bad) running high, it’s nice to get an opinion from someone who is a professional and doesn’t have a personal investment in the show or the fandom. And his comments do make me feel a little better about the upcoming episode. Sure, I’m still expecting the season to be a total shitfest in general (and for Kurt in particular), but I’m no longer quite so pessimistic.

First of all, the “Rachel element”, as he put it. I’ve been saying that she’s been cruising for a massive fall for a long time now and it appears that the show is finally going to give it to her and will be pulling no punches. She’s going to be knocked to the ground and kicked while she’s there. It’s been a long time coming and after seeing her treating everyone around her like crap because she felt it was her right as a star, and showing absolutely no appreciation for her professional accomplishments because they came so easily to her. To see her humbled (and so well deservedly so) will go a long way to making the audience care about her story. In season five, they gave her so much so quickly that there was nowhere to go but down. Now that they’ve knocked her down as low as she can go, there is no where she can go but up. Hopefully they’ll be able to moderate her accomplishments to a more believable level and actually let Rachel learn something from her experiences instead of her going back to her old self-entitled ways.

Then we have what obviously has the Klainers in a total tizzy… the big break up between Kurt and Blaine. Again, the breakup has been telegraphed all though season five that these two just weren’t ready to try living together and each time they tried, they failed. That they would implode again is no surprise. Nor that Kurt would be the one to call it quits in the end. We spent all of last season watching his frustration with Blaine’s presence taking over every corner of Kurt’s life, and Blaine being oblivious to when Kurt wasn’t happy. They just weren’t working together.

Now here is where Brian said something interesting in his commentary – that both Kurt and Blaine will get a chance to be seen sympathetically by the audience, but in the end Chris’s acting and the narrative will put most of the sympathy to Kurt’s perspective. This is certainly going to upset the klainers (who are primarily Blaine fans). Ever since Blaine cheated and caused their first break up, they’ve wanted the score to be evened. Since the first spoilers came out, they’ve been waiting for Kurt to be the one at fault for the second break up in order negate the burden that Blaine’s infidelity put on him. Instead, we seem to be getting the impression that while Kurt might be the one who made the call to break up (apparently because he reached his fed up point), that he is going to be presented as at least somewhat justified in his decision. Ending a relationship that doesn’t make you happy doesn’t necessarily make someone a bad person (as opposed to jumping on someone else’s dick in a moment of pique). As for Chris’s acting… will get to that in a moment…

The scene between Blaine, Kurt and Karofsky in the music store – Brian made one thing clear, that Max’s line readings are what really hammers home Kurt’s pain. Not Blaine. This is interesting because this should have been a pivotal scene between Kurt and Blaine and it becomes one about Kurt and Karofsky. Not because of the narrative, but simply on the quality of the acting. To put in bluntly, Chris and Max are so far out of Darren’s league as actors that it’s no surprise that Darren ends up sidelined in a scene that he should be showcased in. And it’s apparently not going to be through lack of trying on the writers parts. They’re giving Darren the material. He’s just not up to it.

And this brings us to Brian’s most inflammatory remark, and I’m going to quote him here. When he was called out by someone for apparently favoring one character over another in his commentary, he answered “I very much realize that I am saying Chris Colfer is a better actor than Darren Criss.”.

Now this should come as no surprise to anyone that the general consensus outside the Glee fandom that Chris is a vastly superior actor than Darren is. Chris is the one with the serious acting awards and nominations, and Chris is the one that was courted to act alongside some of British cinemas living legends. Chris has a remarkable ability to elevate some of the worst material that’s ever been handed to an actor on Glee, so it should not come out as a shock that a critic who doesn’t have a personal investment in either performer (as he’s not a “fan”) can have an unbiased opinion that Chris is the better, more nuanced actor. Or that when Darren is acting in a scene with stronger actors and the scene isn’t staged around supporting him, that he gets pushed to the background. That is not the fault of the show, the writers, the critics or Chris and Max.

Darren has never been a strong actor. Not from the day he first joined the cast. He had a pleasant, affable presence and wasn’t given the kind of material that would outstrip his ability to pull off. He also was given the gift of working with Chris in the majority of his scenes who was able to do all the acting and emotional heavy lifting in their scenes. But in the years since, Darren has not elevated his performances at all. He’s still a strictly surface performer. His dramatic scenes are, at best, unconvincing. And his big comedy moments are totally over the top and lack any sense of subtlety that makes them work. Rather than trying to learn to improve his performance skills, he bought into the hype that he as the hottest thing ever and if anything, his acting skills have deteriorated. So that Darren isn’t able to hold his own in a scene with better actors? No surprise and Darren and his fans have nothing to blame other than his weak, lazy acting.

So indication that I might have something worth watching in LLM that makes some continuity sense and that I’ll get some stellar acting from Chris, along with whining from the Klaine/Blaine stans about their fav falling short primarily because of Darren’s weakness as an actor… yeah, this year is off to a great start.

x
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/1/2015, 5:54 pm

A few things that jumped out to me when I read the @cantorpedia tweets again:
- Rough first six minutes for Rachel. #Uninvited 

- Not much in the way of humor though. Sue stuff is been there, done that. #ThatsSoRachel is very phoned in.

@meleafanisn't So Rachel suppose to be bad though?
 Brian Cantor@cantorpedia
What I mean is - you're supposed to laugh at how bad it is, and that doesn't really happen. It's just blah.
They've made Rachel's character so ridiculous that even when she's meant to do slapstick-like stuff it isn't funny anymore.
Maybe part of it is also that people want Rachel to be bad in 'That's so Rachel'. Usually in comedy like that (constant failing but in a funny way) viewers sympathize with the character the bad things are all happening to, so they cringe and facepalm in their behalf, feeling sorry for them.
But if you can't feel sorry for the character then there's no empathy, no feeling of wanting to root for them despite all that failure. And then the fun is also gone: it turns more into  a bit sad schadenfreude.

- It's after six months because they flash back to the planned meet-up outside the loft.

@captaindizzy it's a six month time jump or more than six months?
 Brian Cantor@cantorpedia
More than that - what happens on the day of that meet-up is referenced. Time is always weird on #Glee, but that's a ref pt
I wonder how many months it will be (if it will be made clear at all)? saispa
But there's a Homecoming in 6x02, so unless they skip a year (which we already know they won't) so that would at the most take place in October, so that would still be only 6 months after the end of season 5.

Yes - but save for one example issue (involving toothpaste), the argument is more about generalities & cliches.
So Klaine will once again break up over simply not being able to live together for more than a few weeks.
And yet Kurt and Blaine decide to get married without even having tried to live together for a 3rd time. Oh yeah, they're so getting divorced within a year.
Or maybe Dave managed to finally house-train Blaine in the weeks Blainofsky was living together. Rolling Eyes

- Kurt & Blaine each get a chance for sympathy, but the narrative + Colfer's better performance = more will side with Kurt.
He plays a more convincing victim.

- Max Adler's excellent line readings really help hammer on the Kurt pain.
More about the delivery - that's why I credited Adler.
So once again Chris and Max acting together will be sparkling, while Darren just stands there letting the other 2 do the real work.

@invisiblegrl_ Is there more about Blaine downward spiral in Homecoming? I remember reading something about seeing his curly hair again.
 Brian Cantor@cantorpedia
It's played for laughs.
Talking about Darren's acting: this wouldn't be the first time that something that should have affected Blaine deeply will be played for laughs, and I suspect it's because even the Darren worshipping writers know that writing intense, emotional scenes for Blaine would be impossible for Darren to act (without the audience laughing or cringing instead of sympathizing).

For instance: it happened with the Sadie Hawkins dance in season 4, when nothing really referenced back to him being beaten up at his first Sadie Hawkins dance (and I remember the Klainers being pissed about that).
And they've also avoided giving him several other emotional scenes as well, like not focusing on him during the school shooting, and giving Blaine no big scene when Kurt got bashed, except for singing a song at his bedside.

So Rachel gets the big emotional breakdown and sadness after she lost everything (because Lea can handle the acting), Kurt gets the crying in the bathroom and the rest of the heavy lifting in the Klaine breakup, while Blaine gets a shrine full of bowties at Daltons and Yogi Bear & Boo Boo. Laughing

- Don't love how they took a promising storyline involving Blaine & another character & quickly killed it to make things more convenient 
According to tumblr speculations this could be about the character Jane (who wants to be a Warbler but then joins ND), so not Blainofsky related.

@carrotsnpeaz Do we hear Chris' voice specifically in any song of these episodes?
Brian Cantor ‏@cantorpedia
Yes
Since Chris will only be singing on 'Take on Me' and 'Home' in 6x02, he might get a few lines in 'Home', but as he's singing that song with Rachel, Brittany, Santana, Artie, Tina, Mercedes, Puck, Quinn, Mason, Madison, Spencer, Jane, Roderick................ Shocked basically half the population of McKinley High I wouldn't pop the champagne yet.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/1/2015, 6:28 pm

http://lifeaccordingtokath.tumblr.com/post/106804121825/some-people-are-concerned-that-blaines-pain-will

briarswt asked: Some people are concerned that Blaine's pain will be played for laughs. Is it? And how would you describe the breakup beyond the brief bit you already said? Is it a mutual fault thing? Is the audience meant to sympathize with one or the other?

No, Blaine’s pain isn’t played for laughs.  

I don’t want to comment on the specifics of the breakup other than to say in my opinion it made sense, only because the boys clearly weren’t on the same page. Not even in the same book.

The general audience will sympathize with both.

See this screams incompatible.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/1/2015, 7:12 pm

The commentary about Darren's acting skills is really making the Klainers insane and I give props to Brian for having the balls to go after their sacred cow. I'm in total agreement that they have to play Blaine's downward spiral for laughs because Darren just doesn't have the acting chops to pull off anything seriously. The couple of times they've tried have ended up with moments that should be riveting and ended up as at best underwhelming and at worse laughable.

As little as I want to see Kurt emotionally racked over the coals in the music store scene, it's going to be hysterical to see Blaine reduced to furniture while Kurt and Dave have their usual mad chemistry is going to be entertaining. It's going to be like the Kurt/Blaine/Sebastian scenes all over again - Blaine just fades into the background because Darren's acting chops just aren't enough to let him keep up with the better actors in the room. And leading to the inevitable question of why Sebastian/Dave are interested in Blaine when Kurt is in the room.

And we know that Chris will make absolute gold out of whatever pigshit they give him to do. He's the standout actor in the cast for a reason and he can make things work that no other actor in the cast is able to do. If I ignore the storylines (which will be total trash) I can enjoy Chris's performances, if only as an academic exercise.

Glorifindel wrote:Maybe part of it is also that people want Rachel to be bad in 'That's so Rachel'. Usually in comedy like that (constant failing but in a funny way) viewers sympathize with the character the bad things are all happening to, so they cringe and facepalm in their behalf, feeling sorry for them.

The show made an enormous miscalculation with how they played out Rachel's storyline by not just giving her so much so quickly, but by making her into such a self-entitled snit in the process. There is a sizable segment of the fandom that very much wants to see her humbled and broken. When you make your lead character so unlikeable and unsympathetic that the majority of the audience wants to see her fail, you've massively screwed up. Rachel's downfall is basically a total recalibration of the character, to try to regain some audience interest in her eventual success.

I've seen several accusations that Rachel's flop TV show is unrealistic in that 1) Rachel would never agree to do a bad project and 2) TV networks wouldn't finance such an awful show. For the second accusation, I've seen more than a few programs that were so embarrassingly bad that they couldn't get canceled fast enough (and shows getting canceled after one episode do happen).

As for Rachel not doing a crap project, I keep in mind how overconfident Rachel had gotten and how she ignored anyone's advice but her own. She also showed that she continued to be vulnerable to flattery and would go along with nearly anything if she received ample praise. She'd lost her soul as an artist, where the performances had meaning and it became all about applause and accolades. So it's not at all unbelievable for me that she would go along with doing something that had "train wreak" written all over it if she stopped listening to her performer instincts and was just listening to people telling her how amazing she is (until they stopped, and then told her that she was finished in Hollywood before kicking her to the curb).

In the hands of a decent show and good writers, her storyline should be a season-long arc about having to accept and deal with her humiliating downfall before starting the slow climb back. Instead we will probably get 15 minutes of Rachel dealing with her very well deserved downfall with nothing glossed over or candy coated before the propping up commences and we get told again what a "star" Rachel is and how unfair her current lot in life is.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/1/2015, 7:30 pm

Buenos wrote:http://lifeaccordingtokath.tumblr.com/post/106804121825/some-people-are-concerned-that-blaines-pain-will

briarswt asked: Some people are concerned that Blaine's pain will be played for laughs. Is it? And how would you describe the breakup beyond the brief bit you already said? Is it a mutual fault thing? Is the audience meant to sympathize with one or the other?

No, Blaine’s pain isn’t played for laughs.  

I don’t want to comment on the specifics of the breakup other than to say in my opinion it made sense, only because the boys clearly weren’t on the same page. Not even in the same book.

The general audience will sympathize with both.

See this screams incompatible.
Definitely.
Just FWIW: this reviewer seems like a K(b)lainer (she mentions the Warblers' blazer twice!), so..... let's just say I trust @cantorpedia's judgment more.

She also said this:
- The pencil sketch art we saw in the ‘Take on Me’ video is overused throughout the ep
- Chris Colfer’s lower register - more please
x
So there's more of those distracting and hindering drawings throughout the episode. Bah, why did they have to do that in an episode full of original cast. Mad

Always here for Chris' low register, but I don't like the implied but silent "instead of his high register" that usually comes with that statement.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/1/2015, 7:51 pm

Now this reviewer is known as an anti-Blainer:
-ETA- I'm getting mixed opinions on this, as he also seems to hate Kurt? (but still sympathizes with him more)

Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 2 - Page 31 Tumblr_nhipnwrFs81sliwedo1_1280
Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 2 - Page 31 Tumblr_nhipnwrFs81sliwedo2_1280
Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 2 - Page 31 Tumblr_nhipnwrFs81sliwedo3_1280
Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 2 - Page 31 Tumblr_nhipnwrFs81sliwedo4_1280
Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 2 - Page 31 Tumblr_nhipnwrFs81sliwedo5_1280
Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 2 - Page 31 Tumblr_nhipnwrFs81sliwedo6_1280
Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 2 - Page 31 Tumblr_nhipnwrFs81sliwedo7_1280
Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 2 - Page 31 Tumblr_nhipnwrFs81sliwedo8_1280
Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 2 - Page 31 Tumblr_nhipnwrFs81sliwedo9_1280
(taken from) tumblr

I can't tell you how over I am of Kurt getting insulted (by Sue or others) for being gay. brikwol

And that comment from Spencer is a bit too meta for me (as if RIB want to say that all Kurt was in high school, and all his character and Chris' popularity, stem from him being gay and getting the gay posterboy storylines).

JFC: Kurt never "primarily identified himself as gay". What the fuck is that even? If anything he identified himself as a snarky but fashionable diva (and I loved him for it) and a very caretaking son. Kurt is so much more than him being gay, although RIB never really looked beyond that.

The writers may have forgotten who Kurt as a character was back then (and still is), but what a shitty way to summarize Kurt's 3 seasons long journey in high school. rentine

Last edited by Glorfindel on 1/1/2015, 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/1/2015, 8:11 pm

This to me is an example of the difference between how others (even those who normally are sympathetic to Kurt, like Sue) see Kurt vs how Kurt actually is. Kurt has never been only about his sexuality, but because so many others have trouble seeing Kurt past the "gay" label. I think that the Spencer comment is somehow addressing this, however harshly to Kurt.

It's again a sharp contrast to how Kurt is seen in Lima (where no matter how accomplished he might become, he will always be "the gay kid") vs NY (where his accomplishments can stand on their own. And the sooner he gets out of Lima, the happier I'll be. Even if the price is having to drag Rachel and Blaine with him.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/1/2015, 8:26 pm

Ranwing wrote:This to me is an example of the difference between how others (even those who normally are sympathetic to Kurt, like Sue) see Kurt vs how Kurt actually is. Kurt has never been only about his sexuality, but because so many others have trouble seeing Kurt past the "gay" label. I think that the Spencer comment is somehow addressing this, however harshly to Kurt.

It's again a sharp contrast to how Kurt is seen in Lima (where no matter how accomplished he might become, he will always be "the gay kid") vs NY (where his accomplishments can stand on their own. And the sooner he gets out of Lima, the happier I'll be. Even if the price is having to drag Rachel and Blaine with him.
I agree, but it's not so much the Spencer (and Lima characters) POV I have trouble with, but that this is probably the way the writers view Kurt now too (and how they look back on Kurt's role in the first seasons).

Because I really doubt we'll get a scene in which Spencer's eyes are opened and sees Kurt as the multi-layered personality he is, and admists how wrong he was.

It's West Side Story all over again. Remember how long many Kurtsies were convinced that that whole Tony/effemiphobia issue would be addressed in that season? (oy, we were so naive back then) And it never happened.
So I don't expect it to happen this time either, as it's apparently not something that's portrayed as 'wrong' in canon, something that needs to be fixed and will be addressed again, but the writers' real POV and opinion as well.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/1/2015, 8:33 pm

More from Brian Cantor/@cantorpedia :

@pca4dc @cheeriobIaine but if the writing is for showing Kurt's regret and pain for lost love, Plays out as a victim is not good acting

Brian Cantor@cantorpedia
 I agree, but it's a writing-not acting-issue. CC plays what he's given well, which makes the lazy writing tolerable.

@pca4dc does that mean we as audiences will rule for Kurt as a victim as script goes.I don't understand. Thanks4urreply
 Brian Cantor@cantorpedia
 Kurt is not the "victim" of the breakup. But the rest of the episodes are spent trying to get you to sympathize w/ & root for him

@StaceyHallman Hi! Regarding Glee one of the cast posted a bts pic of a dinner at Schue's house. Can you say anything about that?
 Brian Cantor@cantorpedia
Not much to it. They have a discussion about one of the episode's key storylines/conflicts.

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  angelnessa 1/1/2015, 8:47 pm

Glorfindel wrote:It's West Side Story all over again. Remember how long many Kurtsies were convinced that that whole Tony/effemiphobia issue would be addressed in that season? (oy, we were so naive back then) And it never happened.
So I don't expect it to happen this time either, as it's apparently not something that's portrayed as 'wrong' in canon, something that needs to be fixed and will be addressed again, but the writers' real POV and opinion as well.

Ugh, that whole season still gives me a stomach ache when I think about it. I have no doubt this season will be just as bad, if not worse, no matter how much the writing sympathizes with Kurt.
angelnessa
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/1/2015, 8:48 pm

Kurt tried out for the  straight romantic leading role in "West Side Story".

He also resisted Brittany's initial campaign for Student Body President with that OTT rainbows and unicorn campaign...
It's not that Kurt thought he was nothing but gay, but that Homophobic Lima (and even his own friends at times) couldn't see past his "gayness."

So Spencer's words are of course, inaccurate per how he perceived Kurt so it's interesting how Kurt responds back or IF the writers let him respond.

Oh well, regardless, it's just a rehash of how they writers always  had  conflicting messages regarding Kurt. OTOH they tried to say he shouldn't change, OTOH, they kept on pounding the message that in Lima, his gayness was how he would always be portrayed and pigeonholed and there would be consequences for how he was perceived as too effeminate   So the one thing I liked  that the writers did the last few years, literally move Kurt away from Homophobic Lima and into NY where finally his gayness was finally NOT  the main issue is thrust back into view with at least one of the recurring characters this season, the post Glee jock.

It just reinforces that Kurt is better off by the end of the series out of Lima, Ohio and back in NY.  

What I hope from the scene is that Kurt's snark is in full force.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/1/2015, 10:05 pm

And more from that Ryan guy:
(Some tweets are double copied, because they get addressed again in another conversation.)
 Ryan  @SourceRyan      
Criticisms about the past stereotypes is addressed. It's why I said the writers seemed self aware w/ Jane, Spencer and Roderick.

Ryan  @SourceRyan      
Jane isn't the sassy black girl, Spencer isn't the stereotypical gay and Roderick's isn't the happy-go-lucky chubby kid.
Why do I have a bad feeling about this? unsure

Ryan  @SourceRyan 
Wait, there is a Blaine/Sam scene one-on-one. In a flashback. It's in my notes. Hold on. 

Ryan  @SourceRyan 
The context was Blaine trying to change himself or something, he even changed up his look. Sam didn't recognize him in the flashback. 

Ryan  @SourceRyan    
Blaine says something like, "It's me, Blaine!" And Sam goes, "I don't care who you are. That's not my thing." It was humorous.
Somehow I doubt that scene will be really humorous.
But Lawd, Blaine is a mess. Mad

@andytrinity82 Is the Blaine/Karofsky thing presented as WTF cause of the history with Kurt or like people should just think it's normal?
 Ryan@SourceRyan
 A little they explain how they met, Kurt is mortified. It's expected fans will know the history to understand Kurt's reaction

@klainefan71 did they at least address the bullying history? at all?? is that a non factor now?
Ryan@SourceRyan 
it wasn't acknowledged. Maybe it will be later.

@klainefan71 how does Dave seem to feel about this Kurt/Blaine dynamic?Ryan@SourceRyan
Dave's POV is irrelevant IMO. It's all about Klaine.
So much for Max Adler's praising the writers for Karofsky's continuing story and talking about how Karofsky's and Kurt's past will be properly addressed. Rolling Eyes

@ValerieGleek Is Kurt getting a lot of scenes and screentime in those first 2 eps? And are there some nice Kurt/Rachel scenes?
 Ryan@SourceRyan
Kurt's a major part of the episodes. And yes, there are great friendship scenes in the first episode.
Episode 2 has them working together to make a new Glee club. A little conflict but friendship undercurrent remains.
Not sure if I'm happy about this or not: on the one hand it means a lot of Kurt/Chris on our screens, on the other hand.....the storylines and seeing him suffer, again.

Ryan@SourceRyan 
Lord. I think I'm on Kurt's side w/ this Blaine breakup. Especially after Blaine's bitchiness. Rude. 

@ValerieGleek Bitchy how? Like is there something specific or is it more than one thing?
 Ryan@SourceRyan
there's a misunderstanding. Blaine assumes Kurt manipulated the situation and throws his relationship w/ Karofsky in his face

@ceb052198 Does Blaine just brag about their relationship? Is there like a big confrontation?
Ryan@SourceRyan 
He accuses Kurt of playing dirty bc he's upset Blaine moved on; Then snuggles w/ Karofsky later as Kurt longingly looks on

@glitteronmyface Blaine is such a baby. Are we supposed to still like him at all?
Ryan@SourceRyan
 Not sure. But I'll say this... I came out liking Kurt more and I've never liked him, lol.
And I'm sure Darren's stellar ~acting will make Blaine's actions look even worse. Remember when he screamed in Elliot's face?

@faberritttana
 any kisses in the two episodes?
 Ryan@SourceRyan
 Nothing I can recall. Only 'romance' is Blaine/Karofsky cuddling.

Ryan@SourceRyan
I hate Kurt a lot more than I do Blaine. But I felt BAD for Kurt b/c he misses Blaine so much.

@oopskurt but does blaine and karofsky cuddle to hurt kurt or just bc they are a couple and they can?
Ryan@SourceRyan
Blaine looks at Kurt while he's doing it. Kurt sees them and Rachel comforts him after. It's during the 'Home' performance.

@[b]ceb052198  [/b]oh, okay! One more question, when Rachel comforts Kurt, do they talk or is it just silent? Thanks for answering questions!!
Ryan@SourceRyan
It's silent. She sees Blaine/Karofsky too and puts her arm around Kurt.

@klainefan71 I think that's subjective? Could be D cuddles B who sees K and it could be longing? Or it could be intentional.
Ryan@SourceRyan 
Blaine is wrapped in D's arms if that matters.
Jeez, can Blaine be more of a douchebag, not only to Kurt but to Dave too? tronco

ezmia@xcolferscoke Does Kurt tell directly to Blaine why he came back to Lima?
Ryan@SourceRyan 
yes.

Ryan@SourceRyan
Lord. I think I'm on Kurt's side w/ this Blaine breakup. Especially after Blaine's bitchiness. Rude.

@oopskurt rich coming from someone who hates blaine's guts especially when others screeners said the audience will sympathize with both
Ryan@SourceRyan
and again, it's interpretation. Blaine was miffed after a misunderstanding. It's fine though. It's just my opinion.
I hate Kurt a lot more than I do Blaine. But I felt BAD for Kurt b/c he misses Blaine so much.

@oopskurt  but wasn't him who let blaine go? blaine is allowed to move on.
Ryan@SourceRyan
Yup. He ruined things w/ Blaine, then decided he wanted him back. It doesn't work that way. I was neutral until...
...the misunderstanding and then Blaine accused Kurt of being jealous. The Blaine/Karofsky cuddling is obvious bait.

@Klaineforya You said Blaine accuses Kurt of being jelouse, when does this happen??
Ryan@SourceRyan
after a misunderstanding that saw Rachel break an agreement they (Rachel/Kurt, Blaine and Shue) made not to poach talent.

and it's gonna get the Blaine/Kurt fans in their feelings. But IMO the show *wants* fans to root for them to get back together.
I know it's been said a 100 times before, but how can they expect us to still root for them? Evil or Very Mad

@KlaineFan01  so the Blaine and Karofsky relationship is fake?
Ryan@SourceRyan
no. It's real. They met during Country Bear Night at a club. Blaine wanted to tell Kurt in person he was dating someone.
but Kurt told him he wanted to get back together before Blaine could tell him.

@xcolferscoke How does Blaine react when Kurt tells him he wants to get back together? (thank you for the informations so far!)
Ryan@SourceRyan
Blaine is surprised, then drops the new boyfriend bombshell. Kurt tries to keep it together (you hear him talking to himself)
Then he excuses himself and goes into the bathroom and cries.

@tralala_449  Does Karofsky say things to deliberately rub in his relationship with Blaine to Kurt?
Ryan@SourceRyan
No. Not at all.

@Klaineforya Is Blaine aware that Kurt is upset?
Ryan@SourceRyan
no.

@DumbleDorkArmy I what is Blaine’s reaction to Kurt excusing himself to the bathroom? Surely he knows Kurt well enough that he isn’t okay….right?
Ryan@SourceRyan
in my *opinion* I think Blaine knows Kurt is affected by this news.

does blaine seem like he had moved on?
Ryan@SourceRyan
seems to yes. Says he has yes. But I'm not sure if I truly believe it.
Poor Kurt.
But at least he didn't want to mess with Blaine and his relationship by telling him after he found out about Blainofsky.

@xcolferscoke  Could you tell us the reason of the break up? Is the break up scene itself painful, or it's more the present scenes?
Ryan@SourceRyan
It seemed to be bigger issues that exploded over little things. Kurt showed up first to dinner, Blaine was late....
it turned into an argument over something else from home. Blaine felt like Kurt's heart wasn't in the wedding planning.
Didn't Kurt want a long engagement?

@xcolferscoke Does Rachel talk to Blaine about Kurt?
Ryan@SourceRyan
No.

@tralala_449 Random but how does Kurt know to go to the bar? Does Blaine just tell him to meet him there?
Ryan@SourceRyan
He asks Rachel to set up a meeting between them.

@DumbleDorkArmy Is Rachel unaware of Blaine’s new bf or does she just not tell him? It seems weird Kurt finds out they way he does, ya know?
Ryan@SourceRyan
 I think she's unaware.

@lucywoodall there was a spoiler about kurt crying in Rachel's bedroom. Is that still part of the ep?
Ryan@SourceRyan 
He gets emotional when talking about his breakup w/ Blaine and how no one showed up at their spot to meet.
I'm glad they don't have Rachel in the middle of this, or worse: being Blaine's advocate. But the way they're keeping her unaware is very forced and contrived imo.

@NosDesiderata  what did you think of the acting in the Kurt Blaine and Dave scenes
Ryan@SourceRyan
Kurt plays it *REALLY* well. My heart broke for him. Dave/Blaine seem believable, but couldn't get a definite read on Blaine

@annoying_peach  is there any scene that implies blaine and karofsky have s*x? bcos gross
Ryan@SourceRyan
No, I didn't get that impression at all.
Lololol, stay in your happy place of denial, K(B)lainers.

@annoying_peach  are there any possible chance that glee gladly will be cancelled?
Ryan@SourceRyan
probably. Their ratings were atrocious last season.
I would laugh so hard if Glee got pulled off the air before Klaine reunite. Twisted Evil
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/1/2015, 10:51 pm

@faberritttana
any kisses in the two episodes?
Ryan ‏@SourceRyan
Nothing I can recall. Only 'romance' is Blaine/Karofsky cuddling.

Ryan ‏@SourceRyan

@oopskurt but does blaine and karofsky cuddle to hurt kurt or just bc they are a couple and they can?
Ryan ‏@SourceRyan
Blaine looks at Kurt while he's doing it. Kurt sees them and Rachel comforts him after. It's during the 'Home' performance.

@ceb052198 oh, okay! One more question, when Rachel comforts Kurt, do they talk or is it just silent? Thanks for answering questions!!
Ryan ‏@SourceRyan
It's silent. She sees Blaine/Karofsky too and puts her arm around Kurt.

@klainefan71 I think that's subjective? Could be D cuddles B who sees K and it could be longing? Or it could be intentional.
Ryan ‏@SourceRyan
Blaine is wrapped in D's arms if that matters.

Yikes.... phr34r
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 1/2/2015, 12:56 am

So if the whole Blainkofsky crapfest might actually be real? And we are supposed to root for Blaine suddenly marrying someone else. Burt, what the hell, your only child is marrying a fool who jumps into relationships whenever he is ignored. You should be paying mercenaries to kidnap him from the wedding, rather than officiating it.

Blaine continues to show his petty, childish ways, if he snuggles Dave just to see Kurt's reaction. That he picked someone who was once Kurt's bully, and who had threatened him with violence when Kurt figured out he was gay. That he figured it out why Karofsky stole his first kiss (Kurt is a romantic after all). And Blaine knows all of this, because Kurt told him. I can see him being willing to be friends, as Karofsky was an unhappy person before coming out, but flat out dating and then moving in with him shows poor taste. How the writers think this can make Blaine look good in any way is beyond me.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 1/2/2015, 1:52 am

Oh, how it will be both painful and satisfying to see thris. Painful because Kurt's been changed into something he is not AND HE IS SUFFERING!

Extremely satisfying because Chris can act... Like we always knew.

But I truly hate how they are treating this loved character. A convinient backdrop for virtually everybody that is in Lima.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/2/2015, 2:39 am

Definitely Chris is going to act the shit out of all this drama.

That Screener who admitted he doesn't like Kurt (even less than Blaine he confessed)  was moved to see him as the most sympathetic in the breakup and the aftermath.

Also, LBH, Chris has said he loooves the angsty dramatic stuff.   The irony is that of course with his heavy lifting acting Kurt/Chris steals focus once again.  Razz
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  mindschemez 1/2/2015, 6:28 am

^or "chews the scenery" as I saw one angry stan tweet. In which I then died, cuz lilllll.

ETA:

After these screener reviews, I'm more looking forward to these eps than I was before. And this shocks me.

mindschemez
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next