Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12

+24
dimpledchris
mindschemez
lilypaperclips
Delight
quietbelle
ChrisColfersLightning
sjonnepon
Lottie2303
rainespeaks
Divalicious
bayth
Glorfindel
coxfire
Ranwing
valkeakuulas
tanita_mors
Georgette888
brisallie
Buenos
ChrisColferFan1
ColferInspired
Jellyrolls
fantastica
angelnessa
28 posters

Page 39 of 41 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 39 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12

Post  fantastica 9/25/2015, 6:07 pm

Don't get me wrong - I am not trying to shut you guys down! Smile  Just a suggestion if you get too much frustration, there's always this method of sticking your head in the sand like an ostrich and pretend he doesn't exist. tonguue

I myself preach what I believe. I avoided the whole season 6 of glee and most of season 5 and some of season 4 and I made my life a lot easier.

Of course I understand that for some people, venting is a better option. Razz
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 39 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12

Post  Glorfindel 9/25/2015, 6:35 pm

^I wish I had your strength to stay away from the negative stuff.  tonguue 

But alas, for some of us Glee related stuff still captures us like moths to a flame...
 Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 39 Fly-in-smileyKurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 39 Flame
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/25/2015, 7:07 pm

I'm "cursed" because I follow Lea Michele and she is in "Scream Queens " and that red carpet of SQ was so awkward and annoying. Shocked

Mia as a professional is an embarrassment and a joke, fine she sleeps with Darren in private but she had an obligation to have the PR red carpet for SQ focused on the show and its cast.

Mia doesn't even give a crap for her own show, that's how pathetic she is.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 9/25/2015, 7:45 pm

I see Darren Criss was brought to S&B again. I personally dislike how much importance Mia gave him in the Scream Queens Premiere, please he's not in the series, so Mia should be more professional and stop pushing his boyfriend to the front, is annoying. However, and as I don't like Darren, I try to avoid anything related to him; sadly some people I follow on twitter who are fans of Chris, still likes Darren. But I simply have to skip his pics and keep going.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 9/28/2015, 7:23 am

Elsie Fest: Musical Theater Coachella?#41
Posted: 9/27/15 at 11:59pm
Long time lurker, made an account to share my experience at this event since it's new and all. Came into this event as a Lea and Aaron fan.

Organization was abysmal, especially when it came to food. I'm surprised people didn't resort to cannibalism. The event was all day, outside food was prohibited, and there was no re entry, so if you wanted to eat you had to buy the food from them. Problem was, the lines were literally lines you'd be standing in for 1-2 hours, and by the time you got to the front they'd run out of food. I don't think it was an issue where they didn't realize how many people were going to go because the crowd wasn't exorbitantly huge by any means and they were still trying to move tickets on social media during the morning so? Probably could have maybe prepared better for that situation.

The event opened with Lea so people who wanted to take longer at the flea market had to miss her. They should have opened with that Starkid group, who as far as I could tell was not a group of Broadway performers? But by reading the previous messages it sounded like Darren Criss was doing friends a favor, which seems nice.

The event closed with Darren Criss and special guests. I wasn't familiar with Darren's live Broadway work prior to this since he's only been on Broadway for less than half a year and scheduling never worked for me, but he did okay. The Neon something singer had a much stronger voice than him but the World ones was weaker. Darren was good at some songs and weak on others and I get that it's his baby but if it weren't for that I would find the choice of him to close a weird one. He was outsung and out-pedigreed by every other performer other than the Starkid group. Maybe if he had to be last, some kind of grand finale with all of the previous performers would have been nice.

Lea, Leslie, Aaron, and Laura were incredible and worth going for (and maybe starving for).

In summation, great idea but lackluster execution.

http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.php?page=2&thread=1086040&dt=42
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 9/28/2015, 9:05 pm

Darren stans are mad at the Glee cast for not showing up at Darren's music festival. Darren did an interview where he said, "And if you like Glee, some Glee people might be there." So of course, the stans were expecting the Glee cast to be there, but not one of them went to his event. So now they are made at Chris, Lea, Matt, and Jane for not going.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 9/28/2015, 11:37 pm

Several fans of Chris I follow on tumblr (thankfully none on twitter that follow me like Darren and just Chris fans only) still like Darren, and this I do not understand?

Elsiefest was just him trying to get as much money out of his fans for the meet and greet to line his pockets.

How can they say he cares about them when the meet and greet would have been free if he did?
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 9/29/2015, 1:00 am

Rabid Darren stans think his former  co-stars should drop everything for him. Maybe,some of them would have gone,if they were not busy.But they should not been required to go by Darren stans. Even if Darren is friends with some or all of them.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/29/2015, 2:20 am

Wait, I thought Lea was there because she had an opening number? If so she definitely counts as glee cast.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt addict 9/29/2015, 2:27 am

Different Lea, a singer on broadway but not Lea Michele
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 9/29/2015, 5:50 am

Lea Salonga (Miss Saigon, Les Miz, etc.) opened Elsie Fest. She constantly gets linked with Darren because they're both of Philippino heritage.

I'm going to try to be fair here... I give Darren credit for trying to get a music festival off the ground, but I have a ton of serous issues about how he did it. Staging it on the same day as the Broadway Flea Market (which benefits Broadway Cares) set up the possibility of the festival leaching support from this long standing benefit, but Darren insisted that he saw the festival and flea market as being symbiotic. But then we found that only an unknown portion of the concerts proceeds would go to Broadway cares. And now we've heard from festival attendees that once they entered the festival, they were not allowed re-entry which means that Darren's implications that audience attendees would be able to flow between both events was false.

We have the absolutely exorbitant fees that were charged for the meet and greets, which were to line Darren's pockets. Now if Darren's fans are foolish enough to cough up a thousand dollars in order to get a picture with him, then that's on them. But I find it really unethical of Darren to do that at a "benefit" concert. Again, supposedly a portion of all proceeds was going to Broadway cares, but we're not being told how much of a percentage this is and the odds are that an overwhelming majority of the meet and greet fees went right to Darren's bank account.

Darren also had the longest set list, in some cases twice as long as any of the other performers - all of which have far more in the way of Broadway credibility than Darren does. So I find it impossible to escape the implication that the concert was set up to be the Darren Criss show (courtesy of his latest gay sugar daddy) and the other talent (excluding Starkids) was there to give a hint of credibility to the venture.

Lastly, the question of other Glee performers appearing... that was never going to happen. Not with everyone moving on with their careers and many going out of their way to distance themselves from Glee. And I'll be blunt here... besides the fact that Chris has very clearly made efforts to cut any ties to Darren, there is no way that Darren would really want him there. Chris would have taken a lot of focus away from Darren and since this was his private show, there was no chance that Darren would put up with that. And with ticket sales being soft (with both VIP and GA seating still available the day of the festival), one would think that if Chris (or any other major members of the Glee cast) agreed to appear, it would have been heavily promoted by the festival backers. That didn't happen.

It is classic Darren bait and switch in order to benefit himself.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 9/29/2015, 7:19 am

You know what I find funny is that Darren billed this as a Broadway Cochella, but his set included several songs that were not Broadway songs (including Teenage Dream and Animal), and he invited musicians who to my knowledge have nothing to do with Broadway to perform their songs with him.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/29/2015, 2:42 pm

I go on Tumblr  and sometimes I have to scratch my head.

From all accounts, it seems Chris is in a very good place.  He's in a steady relationship going on it's 2nd year publicly, his writing career is more successful than even his most ardent fans could have dreamed possible , with his latest book part of series that was on the NY best sellers list for 7 weeks this year alone.

He's going to come out in the AbFAB movie because Jennifer Saunders wrote a part for him specifically, which is a nice compliment, and he will be heading a biopic about Noel Coward that Ian McKellen publicly confirmed he's committed to, that also has  both Vanessa Redgrave and Jonathan Pryce, in addition to other name celebrities not mentioned yet;  yes, the movie has no definite start date but both Chris  and the Director have basically stated, "calm down, the movie is going to be made and is on track."

Chris is enjoying some well deserved downtime, yet even now  3 books will still be coming out later  this year, with at least other projects Chris said he doesn't want to announce yet...

And still in Tumblr  I see so much bitching about Chris career from some fans who should know better !  BTW, I'm not talking about the haters and the tin hatters either...LOL.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/29/2015, 11:29 pm

chris is doing extremely well career wise. Lots of people would want to be his shoes. some fans will bitch about anything. that's their issue. they want chris to only do what they want him to do and be who they want him to be. that's total impossibility. let them bitch. some people don't have a life and you are responsible for their happiness.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 9/30/2015, 1:48 pm

@Buenos, sometimes I think that the paranoia stems from the fact that the fandom often compares Chris and Darren's career, even though they are individuals on two very different career paths. I know I've done it, and I think most of the people here on the board have done it on occasion. It's been going on for years, and it's really kind of silly.

The paranoia stems from the fact that Darren has had a couple of things going on that have given him a lot of face time with the fans. He spent three months in Hedwig where he was meeting with fans six nights a week, and usually at some kind of benefit or event that he would be photographed out. Then, he went to Italy to film the crappy movie that he was badmouthing, and was kind of invisible for a bit. Then he was back in NY and was doing all the publicity for Elsie Fest.

Some Chris fans are obviously frustrated/annoyed to see Darren splashed across the Broadway webpages, while Chris has barely been seen in public, and also been relatively quiet on social media since the book tour. I think it's almost a jealousy (for lack of a better word) thing because people are frustrated to see so many new pictures of Darren working on his projects that have him in the public view, while Chris' first big acting project after Glee keeps on being pushed back.

I think Chris' is doing well. I'm glad that the books have been so successful for him, and as much as I love him as an actor, it really seems that writing is where his heart really is. Though we would love to see him on our TV screens, I think we do have to realize that he could wind up spending a lot more time writing than acting.

I do have to say though, even with Chris and Joe talking about Noel being on track, the fact that it has been pushed back so many times makes me a bit concerned. I just hope that he didn't give up other good opportunities while he waits for this film to start shooting.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/30/2015, 5:24 pm

I agree with a lot of what you said, Jellyrolls.  Fans get caught up in these rivalries , I think it will lessen as Glee recedes more into the background.

I do have to say though, even with Chris and Joe talking about Noel being on track, the fact that it has been pushed back so many times makes me a bit concerned. I just hope that he didn't give up other good opportunities while he waits for this film to start shooting.

Sigh, It has been delayed, that is why I think both Chris and Joe have talked it up recently, because I"m sure they're aware of the concern from fans.

My own speculation is that Glee balked and denied Chris taking time off after all back when Glee was still thought as having a full season and then schedules, financing, commitments, etc.  snowballed from there.   I do think it's a "bigger" project than initially thought, or that is how I keep things in my head as half full as opposed to half empty.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 10/14/2015, 4:50 pm

Ryan spouting his usual BS spin:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/ryan-murphys-professional-highs-personal-831587

"and I guess in a weird, twisted way, I was trying to relive the childhood I never had," he says. "I thought they wanted a parent, and they didn't. They didn’t want me to tell them what to f—ing do. They didn’t want me to tell them how to treat each other or what the world was like at the end of the day. I wish I could go back and do that differently with a lot of those actors. Some of them I’m still very close to: Lea Michele, Chord Overstreet, Darren Criss — but there were some that didn’t work out well, and I regret that. I guess I just wish I had been able to let them figure it out for themselves.” "
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/14/2015, 6:36 pm

^Well, you hardly even have to read between the lines here to find the reason why some of the cast were (or were not) favored in the later seasons on Glee.  Rolling Eyes

So, to put it in another way: the cast members who were the most independent from Ryan, who wanted to do things (outside of Glee and their commitments to it of course) their own way and make their own decisions, pave their own path so to speak, careerwise and probably also on a personal level, fell out of grace because they didn't want to play along with Ryan's little and creepy 'daddy' issues.
And I suspect it's especially those who succeeded the most without Ryan's advice and help (like Chris and Dianna, and I have a feeling Cory too) who got the cold treatment from him, as Ryan seems to be that childishly petty.

And wow, nice attempt (despite his fake 'regretful' attitude in the interview) to put most of the blame of the downfall of Glee on (most of) the young actors again, instead of Ryan's own shitty writing and producing, not even to mention his oftentimes creepy and unhealthy obsessions. Mad

But lol, of course Ryan mentions the trio of Daleastreet as the ones who didn't mind his 'parental advice' aka meddlesomeness and who he's still close with (even as it appears that Lea, Chord and Darren themselves aren't the bff's anymore as they pretended to be in seasons 5 and 6). Rolling Eyes
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  angelnessa 10/14/2015, 8:14 pm

The whole thing is nauseating. I have a feeling that after the critical hits a couple of his shows and he himself have received the past few weeks (justified and long past due), he and his PR called some favors into THR to get this nice long fluff piece put out. Poor misunderstood RM vomir
angelnessa
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/14/2015, 8:28 pm

^So true.

I just wrote on tumblr how this must have been damage control from Ryan and his PR team, after the negative and quite accusing articles that came out last week.
It's The Hollywood Reporter after all: they've done Ryan (and Fox's) dirty work before [Graduationgate] and kissed his ass several times in the past.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  angelnessa 10/14/2015, 8:43 pm

Glorfindel wrote:^So true.

I just wrote on tumblr how this must have been damage control from Ryan and his PR team, after the negative and quite accusing articles that came out last week.
It's The Hollywood Reporter after all: they've done Ryan (and Fox's) dirty work before and kissed his ass several times in the past.

I just saw your Tumblr post, it was good Smile .

I don't think many people are buying Murphy's current schtick. Its becoming more apparent what a liar he is, ready to embellish and manipulate any story to make himself look better. I haven't read the full article, but understand some things he said about his father and childhood are different from what he's said in the past.

I'm just so grateful, again, that Chris started putting Murphy&Co in his rear view mirror long ago. I know there are even some Blarrenstans that are unhappy that Darren's still working with Murphy, and especially since this season of AHS is already getting some serious criticism. I'd be scared too if I were them. Who knows what humiliations RM has in store for Darren's character, especially since he's not getting any kind of serious billing in the marketing at this point.
angelnessa
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 10/14/2015, 9:17 pm

daddy needs his ass kissed and rubbed and oiled and licked ... sorry i am about to throw up. people like that are extremely controlling and manipulating. they need to feel important and superior, and be worshipped like gods. whatever they give will be surpassed by whatever you ultimately have to pay them. chris is smart to stay away from RM post glee.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 10/15/2015, 3:02 am

Scariest thing probably is, that lying Murphy isn't the only producer/writer with this kind of superior attitude in Hollywood.  He's one of the few ones that are slowly being fried out. I don't read his "articles " anymore but again saw the quote where he blaims everyone but himself...again.

I have never enjoyed a entertainment press critique more than I have after reading the few (there are still only few) that have been calling him out recently. He doesn’t learn because he hasn't had to yet. I'm pretty sure his bosom buddy Falchuk will soon run to rescue and spew out simular speech as well.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 10/15/2015, 11:19 am

valkeakuulas wrote:
I have never enjoyed a entertainment press critique more than I have after reading the few (there are still only few) that have been calling him out recently.

This one in Salon is particularly accurate:

http://www.salon.com/2015/10/08/dear_ryan_murphy_please_stop/

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/16/2015, 5:58 am

Someone is saying Chris has unfollowed Ryan on twitter. Smile

If this is true, maybe he read Ryan's latest interview? saispa

But who knows the reason and really it is not a big deal as some certain stans are making it out to be by hating on Chris. :angry:
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 41 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next