Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12

+24
dimpledchris
mindschemez
lilypaperclips
Delight
quietbelle
ChrisColfersLightning
sjonnepon
Lottie2303
rainespeaks
Divalicious
bayth
Glorfindel
coxfire
Ranwing
valkeakuulas
tanita_mors
Georgette888
brisallie
Buenos
ChrisColferFan1
ColferInspired
Jellyrolls
fantastica
angelnessa
28 posters

Page 38 of 41 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 38 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12

Post  tanita_mors 9/24/2015, 12:28 pm

Scream Queens is terrible. It's apparently a horror comedy. I personally didn't find it all that funny.
There is zero realism present. (even more so the Glee or Popular)
Jamie Lee Curtis is playing Dean of Collage Sue.
Emma Roberts is going from absolutely shrill to touches of vulnerability, but not enough to interest me.
The female lead is bland.
The male lead is bland, if he is the male lead.

I feel like I've watched this show before, but it was more serious and likable. And it was called Scream - it aired this summer on MTV.

I am not impressed. At all.

tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 38 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12

Post  fantastica 9/24/2015, 1:22 pm

didn't bother to watch that crap. thanks for the review. it wiped out every curiosity i may have had.

One thing i am still curious - Lea. did she have a decent part?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 9/24/2015, 1:29 pm

I will not watch anything by RIB again, Even when/if Chris is in it. I might watch his scene/s put that is yet,
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/24/2015, 1:32 pm

^ i don't think chris will ever be in a RM show again. i know some of us think otherwise, but i am sticking w/ my crystal ball. Smile
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 9/24/2015, 1:43 pm

fantastica wrote:^ i don't think chris will ever be in a RM show again. i know some of us think otherwise, but i am sticking w/ my crystal ball. Smile

I do not think so  either.I am 95% sure he never will be in another RIB show.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/24/2015, 1:46 pm

I know she's not popular in this neck of the woods, but I do think that Lea Michele as the death obsessed Sorority Pledge Hether aka neckbrace was one of the best things about the Scream Queens premeire.

In fact, more than one critic singled her out for accolades, even some of those who panned overall the show.

As to SQ, there were so many things "borrowed" from Popular, Glee, Nip Tuck and AHS it was downright distracting and not in a good way. Even Lea's character was the neckbrace cheerleader visual gag from Glee.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/24/2015, 1:53 pm

RM is the king of recycling. he can only create a fix number/types of characters. watching one show of his is enough. two if you are really curious. three if you are fan. four if you are nuts.

Razz
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 9/24/2015, 2:26 pm

Lea was good. I've personally never had a problem with her acting in Glee or otherwise. She was just fine in the role.
It's the idea that's super stale. Like eating a thousand year old twinky to quote Die Hard.
There was NOTHING original present. And the dialog was horrible.
I wanted to like it because I rather like Emma Roberts. I know she is problematic but I haven't hated her in anything I've seen her in yet. And she is doing the work here, but the show is just BAD.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/24/2015, 2:54 pm

The American Crime Story anthology series starting with the OJ case just looks so bad to me, with it's "behind the scenes" premise of all the parties involved.   I have a feeling we are going to see alot  of Khardassian home scenes, and wouldn't be shocked if it tanked also.

Ryan and Brad sort of work with AHS becuase it's hard not to squeeze out  "drama"/"shock" from gruesome deaths but even then the premise is wearing thin and my guess is that ratings are going to decline this year.

IMO they have backed himself into a corner, basically admitting they prefer anthology  format because they can't sustain a narrative for a traditional series over several years.  IF their other anthology series collapse, they are out of hat tricks.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/24/2015, 4:07 pm

^Though the anthology format seems the best way for RIB to write (with their enormous continuity and concentration problems) it looks like inventing a new show/story every year bites them in the ass too because they just run out of fresh ideas even quicker.
And as Ryan and Brad already have the tendency to repeat themselves (see Popular vs. Glee, and now AHS vs. Scream Queens) their lack of original and creative ideas becomes painfully clear after a few years of one-season-only shows.

Ranwing wrote:And I'm really losing a lot of respect for Alan Cumming for playing along with this. As a bisexual man, he should know better.
Jellyrolls wrote:Alan is the new Jesse Tyler Ferguson.
They are too busy with salivating over and sucking up to the straight ally who 'dares' to kiss another man (someone who is really gay or bi, like them) for pay, than to be concerned about the (dis)comfort of someone from their own community.dryy
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 9/24/2015, 4:09 pm

it's because they burn through all their ideas fast. you have the set up and then the conclusion. they don't know how to develop an idea and sustain it, create intrigue that isn't a gimmick. i mean, god knows that pretty little liars isn't brilliant, but can you imagine murphy trying to pull of a mystery of that size and scope.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/24/2015, 4:41 pm

PLus Ryan and Brad really don't care for any of their characters. If anything, they seem to have contempt for the constraints of writing consistently for any character, as if it's beneath them.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 9/24/2015, 4:45 pm

it's not contempt. they are shallow and clearly have commitment issues. also, to have sustainability you have to work hard and murphy strikes me as a guy who, if he isn't having fun and is 100 % involved, he just doesn't care and phones it in.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/24/2015, 4:55 pm

Chris has tweeted, retweeted, favorited or referred to in some way shape or form to these Castmates in the last 3 years on social media IIRC:

Lea Michele
Coryt Monteith :(
Amber Riley
Naya Rivera
Dianna Agron
Kevin Mchale
Mark Salling
Harry Shum Jr.
Jenna Usowitz
Jane Lynch
Matthew Morrison

and for non regulars:
Grant Gustin
Max Adler
Ashely Fink
Alex Newell
Mellisa Benoit

Just off the top of my head....

Heather Morris really didn't do Social media until quite recently..

The glaring ommision can't be that easily dismissed, can it? Glee has been over for 8 months and its still defeaning silence on Chris part. phr34r

If one takes several of Darren Criss' statements at "face value" that he and Chris are actual friends and that it drives Chris mad when fans try to ship them together in real life....i mean...

This latest giggle interview about his "man date" with Chris and the "gayest thing ever" , seriously.... it strikes me as insensitive at best and ahole at worst.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/24/2015, 4:57 pm

tanita_mors wrote:it's not contempt. they are shallow and clearly have commitment issues. also, to have sustainability you have to work hard and murphy strikes me as a guy who, if he isn't having fun and is 100 % involved, he just doesn't care and phones it in.

Well yea, it goes without saying they actually don't have the technical skills to pull it off, just that they hide it under the guise that it's boring, etc.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  mindschemez 9/24/2015, 5:52 pm

On that same note, The twitter acct for Darren's festival was/is engaging with and pandering to the tnhatters. Asking who the fans want to see, and favoriting rt-ing those that say chris. Asking what songs they should do as a duet, etc. And this was after the whole "no one cares about my new projects" debacle. If you cant beat them, join 'em & capitolize i guess?? Arrow

mindschemez
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/24/2015, 6:46 pm

mindschemez wrote:On that same note, The twitter acct for Darren's festival was/is engaging with and pandering to the tnhatters. Asking who the fans want to see, and favoriting rt-ing those that say chris. Asking what songs they should do as a duet, etc. And this was after the whole "no one cares about my new projects" debacle. If you cant beat them, join 'em & capitolize i guess??  Arrow

Exactly, Darren knows that any mention of Chris by him generates a lot of tumblr and Twitter activity, social media buzz, etc. So it simply comes across at this point in trying to deliberately get attention by invoking his co star. What nobody can pretend is that it's accidental, it's planned.

I think at first he wanted this Elsie fest thing to be his " separate" project but now it's crunch time so let's pull out the wink..wink..Chris Colfer connection wink...wink....

Smacks me as both a little sad and desperate.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 9/24/2015, 7:14 pm

After I stop liking Blaine which was after the car scene in  TFT episode. I still liked Darren for a while,but my dislike of Darren may soon surpass  my dislike of Blaine.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 9/25/2015, 1:24 am

I have disliked Darren for a very long time. vomir
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 9/25/2015, 1:36 am

ColferInspired wrote:I have disliked Darren for a very long time. vomir

I have disliked like him for a while too. vomir

ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/25/2015, 4:07 am

In the beginning I tried not to judge Darren too harshly (out of concern my Blaine hate would have made me unfairly biased against the actor), but over the years he has repeatedly given me very solid reasons to dislike him, and it seems he's getting worse with every new incident. Mad 

And lol: besides stirring up the tinhatters again by raking up his "gayest ever mandate" with Chris 5 fucking years ago (when just last week he was whining that his fans were only interested in Chris/Klaine and not his own projects, pathetic), now Darren's exaggerating his Broadway career again in a (desperate?) attempt to get people to come to 'his' Elsie Fest, by hanging on to Matt Morrison's coattails for a change:

behind spoiler bars because of derp face (and I don't mean Matt's):

"The Broadway Boys"   Suspect

What's next? Some fake 'congratulatory' tweet to Lea Michele now that she's doing publicity for her 2nd book, while he also fondly but 'humble' reminds her and her millions of twitter followers about them both being Broadway babes (except not)?  Rolling Eyes

I read that the VIP tickets for Elsie Fest are in the lotery for $20,-, so I assume sales aren't going very well for the event. sifflou

(I'm sorry: I've really had it with him.) vomir
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 9/25/2015, 10:26 am

I really wish that Darren would just go away. His behavior is just a huge embarrassment. It just never stops.

At least he didn't hashtag his vanity event in the photo he sent of Matt.

Darren once again proved what a attention whore he is. There is a promo video from the scream queens premiere floating around with short clips of the cast and the stars in attendance talking about the show. Instead of saying "Oh the shows great. I screamed my ass off." or something appropriate, Darren "interviews" a cardboard cutout of Jamie Lee Curtis (who wasn't there for the premiere). And of course, it was nothing about Scream Queens. It was just typical Darren turning things around to be about him. There were short clips of him. The first one he said something like, "When I asked to be in Scream Queens, they said no, but they said I could do the red carpet. It's an honor to interviewing you. This is the only time I'll get to work with you." In the second one, he cracked a "joke" to say Jamie Lee was conserving energy. In the third one, he said it was the highlight of his career.

People are guessing that it was probably Mia who filmed and edited, thus all the Darren. I don't know if that is true or not, but it is a huge embarrassment. His parts were pointless.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/25/2015, 1:18 pm

May I suggest to those who don't like Darren - if possible, avoid his news as much as possible. I know it's easier for me to say because I don't have tumblr. I don't care about the guy which means whatever he does or doesn't do I couldn't care less. I know CC shippers drive lots of us nuts but they are not making nuclear bombs and they are not beheading people or causing riots (the kind that burns down shops and houses), so I just ignore them. I am sure Chris is a tough cookie and won't let them bother him a bit.

Now attention whore and/or fame whore Darren definitely is but so are many people in Hollywood. The one shouts the loudest often gets the most attention, and the ones with a lot of media attention gets high "fame score" and likely more opportunities. people like the Kadashians and Paris Hilton types are pretty much no talent but making a living out of media attentions. After all, DC is far from being the worst. you don't see him gracing the tabloid issue after issue yet. I would reserve my criticism of him until such time when I can't avoid him no matter where I go.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/25/2015, 3:29 pm

When I post about Darren it is usually in conjunction with something related to Chris, ie as in his latest interview where he talks about his man date with Chris.

IMO in the CC fan forum  mentions of DC shouldn't overshadow that it's a CC apreciation forum, sometimes in the past IMO that was what would happen on threads,  Shocked Some of that was obviously due to Glee and Klaine being so much of Chris professional career and focus, now  with Glee over that happily is no longer the case.

However in all fairness, I understand that the "Snark and Bark"  thread is the one thread where basically *anything* goes, and where posters can freely vent about different subjects and persons, thus the name of the thread.  It's not suppose to be pretty.

So, perhaps it's an option not to read this particular thread if one doesn't want to read this type of stuff.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/25/2015, 5:40 pm

^That is why this thread was created in the first place: to keep the most of the negativity out of the appreciation threads, and to vent somewere whenever one feels like it (and don't we all feel like it sometimes?).

I wish I could avoid Darren as much as possible, but unfortunately he's all over the Chris Colfer tag on tumblr, as his fans refuse to tag properly. And they mention him in Chris' twitter mentions a lot too, connecting him to Chris in all ways possible, tinhatters or 'just' Klainers, and that's very annoying for us Chris' fans. :angry:
When he did that interview with Alan Cumming a few days back Chris' tag was completely floaded with tinhatters' posts, including all kinds of gifs and pics of Darren. And this was right before the newest CC360 too, so the tag was almost impossible to read to simply get the gifs and quotes from the live chat.

What the Blarrenstans don't seem to understand is that if they would just tag properly and keep Darren out of Chris' tags, stop linking him to Chris' projects, and just stop shoving him in our faces period (for instance: right now there's a post in the Chris Colfer tag that has a pic of the Chris banner that is displayed in Clovis this year, and some idiot has put it next to some old theatre promo banner of Darren when he was in college many years ago, and the caption under those totally unrelated pics even has "[our] boys" in it, smh Mad ), many of 'us' Kurtsies would mostly simply forget about him and stop talking so negative about him (and Blaine). But they remind us of him and all his irritating ways all the time as he constantly pops up on our timeline/dash, and this is so annoying that people react to that, and not in a nice way anymore.
Of course that would also be a lot easier if Darren himself would stop mentioning Chris and stir up his stans again. dryy 

Btw: I saw the Darren/Matt picture on the fyeahgleeclub tumblr, which I follow to keep informed about the rest of the Glee cast.

As for the Scream Queens red carpet video: I saw that one too, and it was embarrassing how often Mia put Darren in. Darren was in that video more than the cast of the show! And the thing he did ('interviewing' a cardboard Jamie Lee Curtis) wasn't even funny, just awkward.
If I were a cast member of Scream Queens who had dressed up for the occasion and endured that red carpet for the premiere to promote my show I'd be pissed.

I really wonder if Mia's bosses ever check her work for them, and if they do why they allow it to be so unprofessional and clearly favoring Darren. On Glee I could sort of understand how she got away with it, as Darren was one of Ryan's favorites too on the show, and Blaine/Darren was pushed to the foreground a lot in general, not just by Mia.
But Scream Queens is a new show Darren is not even in! Granted: SQ is also a Ryan production, and he clearly still favorites Darren as he's just given him a role in AHS. But I would assume that even Ryan would want the attention and focus on the stars of his new show the night it premieres instead of on someone who's not even in it.

Btw: Ryan and Brad were also in the SQ red carpet premiere video, and I actually shuddered seeing them, old anger about Glee/Kurt flaring up again.
Never again will I watch another show of these incompetent hacks. Evil or Very Mad
And I guess the general public has had enough of them too, as SQ's pilot had awful ratings. Laughing
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 41 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next