Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1

+22
Catt24
kac
Coolbeans3131
emilynna
M&M
Vir Cotto
arina
ColferInspired
sahhar
dap1217
Delight
brisallie
CloveGlee
mellama
ColferGirl
Struck by Lightning
Ireth
tanita_mors
fantastica
Glorfindel
Shinra17
Jellyrolls
26 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1 - Page 39 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1

Post  Jellyrolls 3/18/2012, 2:23 pm

brisallie wrote:
It seems that somebody is drinking Kool aid and is not me lol Althought I've always thought you were inmune to that thing. Do you need help? rehab maybe?

Oh, no. I haven't had the Kool Aid. I don't find Darren to be at all attractive or appealing. I just can be fair in my comments about him from time to time.

But I still think he sucks and is the worst thing that ever happened to Glee Wink
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1 - Page 39 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1

Post  fantastica 3/18/2012, 2:29 pm

Yes he sucks somebody's sausage
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Struck by Lightning 3/18/2012, 2:43 pm

Basically this. I guess the fact that I'm gay and I'm into an acting/actors environment makes me probably more sensitive about blaine (as a representation of a gay character) and darren (as an actor) than most people, in a nutshell, the 2 are offensive to me. Blaine for being a background womanizer and darren for his could-not-care-less attitude about acting. But I'm tired of developping these views.
Honestly I can’t help but laugh at Darren or Heather being called great allies to the LGBT community, the most important task they’ve been given in that regard is to give development their characters and they’ve honestly been given so many chances and failed again and again. Kurt, Santana, even Karofsky are in offensive SLs all the time without being the offensive characters and portrayals that Blaine and Brittany are.

Full House--Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen are in fashion. The middle daughter recently had a drug addition and has some kids. The oldest daughter married a Russian hockey player and lives in Canada the last i heard.
True, in fact Elizabeth Olsen (the twins’ sister IRL) is getting a lot more acting buzz at the moment.

As for future career choices, Heather and Darren could be successful romantic comedy types but there can only be so many of those from one show and they’ll have a pretty hard time while Cory and Dianna, (more dedicated, skilled, and even conventionally attractive actors) are around. Broadway is also not where I think anyone who wants a lot of fame for a little work would go in the long term. So I’d say if Darren’s team doesn’t switch gears to the pop music in the next year or so, where he can be most successful if they act fast, I’ll be very surprised. Several of these kids should just stick to singing or dancing after they leave the show.

I think Chris and Lea (and Jane, obviously, as far as adults go) will be the biggest acting names after the show though; I think they’ll get as many offers/roles as any of the cast, and will be in the lead, by far, in terms of quality.
Struck by Lightning
Struck by Lightning
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 3/18/2012, 3:24 pm

As for future career choices, Heather and Darren could be successful romantic comedy types but there can only be so many of those from one show and they’ll have a pretty hard time while Cory and Dianna, (more dedicated, skilled, and even conventionally attractive actors) are around. Broadway is also not where I think anyone who wants a lot of fame for a little work would go in the long term. So I’d say if Darren’s team doesn’t switch gears to the pop music in the next year or so, where he can be most successful if they act fast, I’ll be very surprised. Several of these kids should just stick to singing or dancing after they leave the show.
Mh, I really like Heather portrayal of Britney, but I'm not sure if she could be able to act in a romantic comedy. unsure
And I don't like Dianna's acting (I tried, but really can't :| ), instead I recently re-evaluated positively Cory's, and I hope he don't limit himself to the romantic comedy.

I think Chris and Lea (and Jane, obviously, as far as adults go) will be the biggest acting names after the show though; I think they’ll get as many offers/roles as any of the cast, and will be in the lead, by far, in terms of quality.
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Struck by Lightning 3/18/2012, 5:04 pm

Mh, I really like Heather portrayal of Britney, but I'm not sure if she could be able to act in a romantic comedy.
And I don't like Dianna's acting (I tried, but really can't :| ), instead I recently re-evaluated positively Cory's, and I hope he don't limit himself to the romantic comedy.
Oh, I don't think any actor should choose to limit themselves to romantic comedies (I'm using this interchangeably with love interest roles and non-comedy movies mainly about romance), I just think that realistically, some of this cast is going to be limited to those kinds of roles in the offers they get post-Glee. And Dianna's acting isn't a big help to her on the funny parts of this show where as Heather's main thing is deadpan. But Heather is more problematic for me because she's so hard to understand this season and/or because she seems uninterested in the craft. I think Cory's the best of the four I mentioned though so I agree about him, and it is all very subjective.
Struck by Lightning
Struck by Lightning
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 3/18/2012, 5:26 pm

^Oh, no no, I didn't read that way your post! I agree that realistically is it so. I was hoping for him to not get stuck in the comedy.
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Struck by Lightning 3/18/2012, 6:04 pm

^Oh, no no, I didn't read that way your post! I agree that realistically is it so. I was hoping for him to not get stuck in the comedy.
True, though it's better than nothing. I predict a lot of the younger cast will get close to no acting jobs at all.
Struck by Lightning
Struck by Lightning
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 3/18/2012, 7:35 pm

Struck by Lightning wrote:As for future career choices, Heather and Darren could be successful romantic comedy types but there can only be so many of those from one show and they’ll have a pretty hard time while Cory and Dianna, (more dedicated, skilled, and even conventionally attractive actors) are around. Broadway is also not where I think anyone who wants a lot of fame for a little work would go in the long term. So I’d say if Darren’s team doesn’t switch gears to the pop music in the next year or so, where he can be most successful if they act fast, I’ll be very surprised. Several of these kids should just stick to singing or dancing after they leave the show.
Unlike heather, I don't even see him having a good comic timing, there were a few opportunities for his character to be funny in s2 and they all fell flat boring.

Emile wrote:^Oh, no no, I didn't read that way your post! I agree that realistically is it so. I was hoping for him to not get stuck in the comedy.
It's funny, I see him more in the dramatic genre for his post-glee career.

Struck by Lightning wrote:True, though it's better than nothing. I predict a lot of the younger cast will get close to no acting jobs at all.
They may interest some producers who only want to use the small fame they've garnered from glee but even there, there are a lot of competition and this situation will be very short. Yeah, lot of them will probably disappear from the acting field. If I'm not mistaking, it's already the case for Ashley finks, she hasn't been on any project since glee.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Struck by Lightning 3/18/2012, 8:00 pm

^The movies sometimes referred to as a romantic comedies, and what I was mainly talking about here, are those more fluffy romantic movies that are a bit of a mix between drama and comedy (and might not do either very well), where at least one of the leads might not actually be comic at all but has some dramatic 'heartbreak' scenes or something like that (this would be where people could cast Dianna, for example, I can't really say she's ever made me laugh). To a certain extent, it's the heartthrob/teen idol qualities in these four actors-who have all started to get some post-Glee work-that would recommend them for these jobs.

I agree about Darren's comedic acting though; I read lots of praise for it from Klaine fans after, like, his one scene in Night of Neglect and was a little surprised by that. Mainly they were saying it was better than his drama stuff, which is true, but he's not even up there with Heather, Kevin or Harry as far as comedy goes.

They may interest some producers who only want to use the small fame they've garnered from glee but even there, there are a lot of competition and this situation will be very short. Yeah, lot of them will probably disappear from the acting field. If I'm not mistaking, it's already the case for Ashley finks, she hasn't been on any project since glee.
Yeah, I'm thinking Jenna, for example, will take all the really low profile, like, supporting roles on Broadway that she can get. Where as I see Amber and esp. Mark getting a slightly greater (but still meager) amount of offers but choosing music instead. Kevin/Harry might get a bit more still (=still not a lot) and do a mix of that and pop/dancing.
Struck by Lightning
Struck by Lightning
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/18/2012, 8:26 pm

Heather can't be the leading actress. she cannot carry a movie. She can be the minor supporting role as an "accent" but not having any major storylines.

I know being a cc fan made me biased but I honestly believe that CC has a the best chance making a long and prosperous career in show biz. the reason is that he's got a good instint for what is a good entertaining show, and he's got the writing ability to produce such a show. He will not have to rely on casting directors to throw him some bone here and there. He can write himself whatever roles he's interested in. Wo this extra ability he would do not much better than many of their glee cast friends but this ability to write and produce coupled w/ a sharp biz sense will keep him around for a long time. At such a young age he already has a potentially hit movie coming out, and having no trouble getting the second one ready, and a potential best seller almost out, plus more on the road if demand is high. He's going to have income from many different sources - royalty from the books themselves could be pretty substantial if they end up in the best sellers list. I dont think he needs to go out look for jobs. He's going to have people knocking on his door giving him offer after offer plus begging him to let him into his own productions.

Unless he loses his ground and acquires bad habits like drinking, drugs, gambling and the such I dont see him having too much trouble in the future.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/18/2012, 8:46 pm

Divalicious wrote:... I have a family member who is gay, and hangs at GF, and we have long conversations going no where regarding that last statement. He thinks Darren/Blaine is more attractive, finds it fine when Sebastion was chasing Blaine, but then wonders why I wish someone would chase Kurt and actually tell Kurt that he is gorgeous. Because Kurt has Blaine, and that is all he needs.
Divalicious, I hope your relative is not @BowtieBlaine, because I can't stand him! Razz well, if it is him, no offense.

just like some people see glass half empty, others can see it as half full. sometimes our views can be so far apart even though we are looking at the exact same thing. For example, Blaine's characterization is quite inconsistent, and makes it almost impossible to figure out who he really is. This to Blarren fans means "mysterious" and "complex" and leads them to want to know more of him, while the rest of us think he's "bland and boring" and don't care if he disappears.

And talking about incosistencies: we have so many different kinds of blaine no wonder this fans think he's layered and complex and very interesting:
- mentor Blaine of NBK.
- dummy blaine of SLS.
- fighter blaine of Sixteen.
- chicken blaine of Prom Q
- (semi)cheating blaine w/ Sebby
- angry blaine of Sixteen and cough syrup.
- also drunk blaine, flirty blaine etc.

not to mention in the fanfic world there's "woobie Blaine" and Karen's "evil Blaine". tonguue

Now how can we think he's bland and boring?!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Struck by Lightning 3/18/2012, 8:49 pm

Heather can't be the leading actress. she cannot carry a movie. She can be the minor supporting role as an "accent" but not having any major storylines.
Yeah, her I could see more as the 'friend' in romantic comedies as a general rule, and maybe Darren as more of a non-lead love interest.

But some producers will try anything despite acting abilities.

Needless to say I agree with you about Chris. wub I'm definitely most excited about his potential where dramatic material is concerned, and by age 30 I think he'll have built up a very impressive acting and writing résumé.

Last edited by Struck by Lightning on 3/18/2012, 9:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Struck by Lightning
Struck by Lightning
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/18/2012, 8:55 pm

fantastica wrote:
Divalicious wrote:... I have a family member who is gay, and hangs at GF, and we have long conversations going no where regarding that last statement. He thinks Darren/Blaine is more attractive, finds it fine when Sebastion was chasing Blaine, but then wonders why I wish someone would chase Kurt and actually tell Kurt that he is gorgeous. Because Kurt has Blaine, and that is all he needs.
Divalicious, I hope your relative is not @BowtieBlaine, because I can't stand him! Razz well, if it is him, no offense.

just like some people see glass half empty, others can see it as half full. sometimes our views can be so far apart even though we are looking at the exact same thing. For example, Blaine's characterization is quite inconsistent, and makes it almost impossible to figure out who he really is. This to Blarren fans means "mysterious" and "complex" and leads them to want to know more of him, while the rest of us think he's "bland and boring" and don't care if he disappears.

And talking about incosistencies: we have so many different kinds of blaine no wonder this fans think he's layered and complex and very interesting:
- mentor Blaine of NBK.
- dummy blaine of SLS.

not to mention in the fanfic world there's "woobie Blaine" and Karen's "evil Blaine". tonguue

Evil Blaine would rock on real Glee! Get me RIB's numbers!
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 3/19/2012, 4:20 am

Fantastica, you are safe, I have no idea who BowtieBlaine is, but I find them annoying as well. Smile Blaine is bland, mostly I think because of him taking time for his movie and then the play. I think of Glee as like a large cruiseliner, it holds a lot of people, but can't corner worth a damn. If you aren't available at the right time, you never know when the writers will put you back in the flow of things. I think that is a big reason there has been so much Santana, but this is about Chris, and I won't meander about my feelings regarding the overplay of certain characters IMHO. So I keep holding out the hope that now that all these other complications are over, and perhaps the writers might let people other than Rachel and Santana get to do something, that we might get an idea why Kurt loves Blaine, other than him being the only non-stalker, slushy tossing gay boy around.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 3/19/2012, 10:06 am

Struck by Lightning wrote:
Yeah, her I could see more as the 'friend' in romantic comedies as a general rule, and maybe Darren as more of a non-lead love interest.

But some producers will try anything despite acting abilities.

Needless to say I agree with you about Chris. wub I'm definitely most excited about his potential where dramatic material is concerned, and by age 30 I think he'll have built up a very impressive acting and writing résumé.
Me too but I'm also waiting and hoping for other great opportunities where his comic potential is fully used. He killed it in preggers, he's regularly funny on talk shows, with a sharp sense for setting the punchline, he also seems hilarious in RL, all this is so-underused on glee. For me, he could easily be also the best comic actor on the show.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Struck by Lightning 3/19/2012, 11:01 am

^Yeah, I’d love to see him on guest star on Modern Family, Parks and Recreation (I heard Mike was just on that, actually) or something like that. And I think we’ll see a good mix of comedy and drama for him in SBL (better than on Glee ironically).

I’m not necessarily worried he’ll be restricted to just/mainly drama like I sort of am in terms of Jane & comedy or Lea & musicals. But I actually enjoy dramatic acting the most as a general rule so I still want to see him do a lot of it. His scene in 8 was just really, really amazing. wub
Struck by Lightning
Struck by Lightning
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/19/2012, 2:48 pm

fantastica wrote:...

- mentor Blaine of NBK.
- dummy blaine of SLS.

Maybe he has multiple personalities unsure Sorry I'm wrong, the writers has multiple personalities for Blaine and they're still struggling to decide which one is the definitely one :p By other side I've always thought that people has different layers but there's always a base.

brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CloveGlee 3/19/2012, 8:55 pm

brisallie wrote:
fantastica wrote:...

- mentor Blaine of NBK.
- dummy blaine of SLS.

Maybe he has multiple personalities unsure Sorry I'm wrong, the writers has multiple personalities for Blaine and they're still struggling to decide which one is the definitely one :p By other side I've always thought that people has different layers but there's always a base.

They had a base. Blaine was older, more self-assured, and he knew how to deal with bullies. He was confidently gay and Kurt looked up to him. If they had continued to write him like this, we wouldn't have the problems with this bland milquetoast of a character, because he began WELL. VERY well. They should have stuck to their original plan with Blaine. The problem that they ran into with attempting to humanize the character is that they tore him apart instead, undoing what they had created and leaving us with a character who makes no sense.

CloveGlee
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/20/2012, 12:01 am

Jellyrolls wrote:
brisallie wrote:You're defending him??? huh HOW?

Like four times this week, I've used the phrase "In Darren's defense..." in reference to different things in conversations we've had. It's scary.

ColferInspired wrote:
I don't think Glee had much to with Chris selling his SBL script before it became this wonderful movie. You need talent to do that. And I think the same goes for LOS. I think Chris said they didn't know who he was when he sold the script to the David P--- (can't remember how to spell his name).

Chris's name definitely helped him get both those deals. By the time all the SBL stuff was happening, he was already an Emmy award nominee, and getting a lot of buzz in the industry. Even if the guy who bought the script didn't know who Chris was, Chris' name was big enough that his script would be handled differently than if he had sent it out himself or even with an agent. Think of it as a front of the line pass--his name recognition would get his script on the desk of the people who would make the decision of whether or not it was worth doing, not into the pile with thousands of other scripts that may or may not be read be a peon who may or may not bring it to the attention of the peole with the money.

As for LOS, remember that this came about because Little Brown approached him about writing an autobiography. He said, "No, but I have this idea for a series of kids books" (or whatever his actual words were).

So Chris' name and association with Glee definitely helped not just get his foot on the door, but a spot to discuss them with the right people. If it wasn't for the success and noterity Chris garnered from Glee, LOS and SBL could very well be just stories on his computer back in Clovis.

I agree with everything you say. Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1 - Page 39 650269930

I was just doing a bit of Chris stanning for fun. Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1 - Page 39 3730135933 Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1 - Page 39 3429310274

I know if he wasn't on Glee he would have had the opportunities. He does have a good head on shoulders and he's really smart, so he makes the best of each opportunity and uses them to his best ability.

Plus his award nominations and wins, I know did help a lot.

I hope soon he doesn't have to soully rely on Glee to get his foot in the door, but to just rely on his talent. Then when Glee finishes people will know Chris from other things such as his movies and books.

I have never found Darren funny. I have never laughed at anything he has ever said, all I've done is roll my eyes.

Chris has the sort of sarcastic humour I like and intelligent wit. Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1 - Page 39 4247136565
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 3/20/2012, 1:16 am

CloveGlee wrote:

They had a base. Blaine was older, more self-assured, and he knew how to deal with bullies. He was confidently gay and Kurt looked up to him. If they had continued to write him like this, we wouldn't have the problems with this bland milquetoast of a character, because he began WELL. VERY well. They should have stuck to their original plan with Blaine. The problem that they ran into with attempting to humanize the character is that they tore him apart instead, undoing what they had created and leaving us with a character who makes no sense.

The Glee writers have a track record of destroying the characters in the process of humanizing them, don't they?

Evil Sue--> Grateful Sue (after Funeral)--> Hormonal nice Sue
Promiscuous Sebastian --> Evil and eye-blinding Sebastian--> Repentant and better-person Sebastian (after OMW)

Then there's:
Homophobic bully Karofsky--> Closeted bully Karofsky--> Changing for the better Karofsky--> Suicidal outed Karofsky--> Very complicated friend of Kurt's

But I have less complaints about Karofsky because his complicated relationship with Kurt can provide heaps of good drama; whereas the woobification of Sue and Sebastian just makes me lose interest in them as characters.

So, because Blaine started out as 'Perfect', the writers have had to go the other direction with him and make him 'flawed' (a.k.a. douche-baggy in Glee terms). They just did too good (or bad, depending on how you see it) a job of it.

I actually don't mind that they've decided to give up the 'old, wiser and braver mentor' role for Blaine. A whole lot of Blaine's 'let me teach you how to be brave and handle bullies, young grasshopper' schtick to Kurt just don't sit well with me.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/20/2012, 2:00 am

I am all for writers "humanizing" a character. it's how you add dimension and interest to an otherwise one dimensional boring stereotypical cardboard cut out. However some characters are better "humanized" than other. Both blaine and sebastians are humanized unsatisfactorily to me, because there's hardly any build up to their sudden shift of personalities. Sue is much better even though there's plenty of flaws you can point out in the constant switching back and forth between good and bad sue. I think part of hte reason is that Sue has a backstory - her sister for example provided her w/ the reason to be good. It's not good writing by any means but Jane Lynch makes her character a lot more likeable than it otherwise would, and she does add more subtlety into her otherwise extreme personalities. Karofsky is not badly written at all compared to the rest. The good thing is his screentime is very limited so there was not enough time for writers to screw up much.

Blaine is such a wild card if they say he decides to join the army i wouldn't feel surprised - because i am used to have that WTF feeling toward him.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 3/20/2012, 9:31 am

The "wiser mentor" role of blaine never existed for me in the first place, with that stupid advice he gave Kurt and the fact he grabbed Kurt's hand to run in the hall although they were complete strangers immediately gave me the image of a thoughtless person.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/20/2012, 9:48 am

Shinra17 wrote:The "wiser mentor" role of blaine never existed for me in the first place, with that stupid advice he gave Kurt and the fact he grabbed Kurt's hand to run in the hall although they were complete strangers immediately gave me the image of a thoughtless person.

OMG, Shinra. That is one of my least favorite Klaine scenes. I mean, seriously? Two teenage boys meeting for the first time are going to run down the hall hand in hand? I cringe every time I see that.

And I agree, the wiser mentor thing never worked for me because Kurt knew and was doing the things he was mentored on.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 3/20/2012, 11:03 am

Jellyrolls wrote:OMG, Shinra. That is one of my least favorite Klaine scenes. I mean, seriously? Two teenage boys meeting for the first time are going to run down the hall hand in hand? I cringe every time I see that.
and to think that blaine actually had a crush on someone else... I would have run too, but in the opposite direction lol.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/20/2012, 1:36 pm

Shinra17 wrote:The "wiser mentor" role of blaine never existed for me in the first place, with that stupid advice he gave Kurt and the fact he grabbed Kurt's hand to run in the hall although they were complete strangers immediately gave me the image of a thoughtless person.

Honestly I liked the advice and first time I saw the episode it was like a motto for me -please understand I was passing by a dark period- but then I think it was overused the word "courage" so I hate it now.

About how Blaine went from a senior/mentor to a junior, everybody know is because RM saw the words "success and Itunes and rating" on Blaine ; the evil ambition infects him lol :(
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next