Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1

+22
Catt24
kac
Coolbeans3131
emilynna
M&M
Vir Cotto
arina
ColferInspired
sahhar
dap1217
Delight
brisallie
CloveGlee
mellama
ColferGirl
Struck by Lightning
Ireth
tanita_mors
fantastica
Glorfindel
Shinra17
Jellyrolls
26 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1 - Page 38 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1

Post  fantastica 3/17/2012, 10:55 pm

^ you r right Romina, DC is a good looking guy. I don't need to talk down his looks just because he's not my cup of tea. But good looking people is a dime a dozen in show biz.

red texta wrote:So guess who turned up on Kurt's topic on the Television Without Pity board last night? None other than Chris' most dedicated fan, GA...
I'm just wondering where she's going to turn up next. Do you think she would follow the links here and lurk? I wouldn't be surprised because she's such a stalker.
I bet she's been lurking here for awhile! humhum But our forum also requires a valid email address to signup. She can try once and she will get kicked out. Then what? If she comes in again under different email address she can still be banned base on her ip address. She would have to move to different locations in addition to getting fresh email addresses in order to post a couple of posts that won't last a few hours at most. She is the modern day Don Quixote in a fruitless quest to turn everybody into Chris haters. She aint' getting anywhere. I actually feel sorry for her.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1 - Page 38 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1

Post  brisallie 3/17/2012, 11:04 pm

^ you r right Romina, DC is a good looking guy. I don't need to talk down his looks just because he's not my cup of tea. But good looking people is a dime a dozen in show biz.

Thanks Kim for yours words :D because I remember that what I said previously, Darren is good looking but nothing else.
Think about who some of your teen idols were when you were a kid. Do you still follow them? Do you know what they have done in Hollywood since your first? What type of projects are they doing now? Are they regularly appearing on TV or movies? Or are they doing bit parts here and there? I grew up watching Full House, Family Ties, and Growing Pains. How many of the kids actors on those shows are regularly appearing on TV and major motion pictures now?

Here is more less what I know about them:

Full house: Only the youngest ones? Because the first one who comes to my mind is John Stamos but I can say the Olsen Twins are still known by people and the media though is more because of their image and money than their talent. The girl who played the oldest one is a housewife (?) and the other one had problems with drugs.

Family Ties: MICHAEL J FOX and that it...

Growing Pains: I think the one who played Jeremy is now a chef-his name is Benjamin, right?- Kurk Cameron is well know as a religious fanatic now and Tracey Gold...What's she doing? In rehab for her bulimic issues?

brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/17/2012, 11:22 pm

^ the other days John Stamos appeared on a TV commercial (forgot what it was for) and my son commented "gosh that guys is only doing commercial now". I guess he has no other jobs?

You don't to be in a teen show to disappear after the show. a lot of TV actors are only known for one role. Being on TV year after year playing one role can easily typecast one to the same type of role and severely limit his/her future career possiblity. Everytime he gets on a screen people will say "oh he is that xyz guy!"
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/17/2012, 11:33 pm

fantastica wrote:^ the other days John Stamos appeared on a TV commercial (forgot what it was for) and my son commented "gosh that guys is only doing commercial now". I guess he has no other jobs?

You don't to be in a teen show to disappear after the show. a lot of TV actors are only known for one role. Being on TV year after year playing one role can easily typecast one to the same type of role and severely limit his/her future career possiblity. Everytime he gets on a screen people will say "oh he is that xyz guy!"

ohmy Your son is right... What is he doing now? Now you have mentioned it, I haven't heard about him since Glee tonguue

I'm trying to remember which TV shows I used to watch when I was a child and most of them are from Nickelodeon lol. The other day I was seeing Buffy and it is said that Sarah Michelle Gellar was the one who decided to stop doing the show despite its success because she wanted to move forward, so actors work hard for being recognized by other characters and not only by the one who made them famous.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/17/2012, 11:53 pm

Emile wrote:
I think that Darren is very cute and so it was that, after an only day of posting, she was kicked out the forum but, paradoxically, I don't like him.

I find your humor to be wonderful, Valentina, so I won't kick you out, though your tast in men in this case is very unimpressive Wink
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/17/2012, 11:56 pm

haha jelly, I am going to start gushing about DC now and see just what you can do to me! tonguue

I Luv DC
I Luv DC
I Luv DC
I Luv DC
I Luv DC
I Luv DC
I Luv DC
I Luv DC

Last edited by fantastica on 3/18/2012, 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/17/2012, 11:56 pm

fantastica wrote:^ you r right Romina, DC is a good looking guy. I don't need to talk down his looks just because he's not my cup of tea. But good looking people is a dime a dozen in show biz.

Ugh. Kim is drinking the Kool Aid, too.

We're all going soft. People are saying he's good looking. I'm defending him. What is happening to this place?
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/18/2012, 12:01 am

Shinra17 wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:I could go on and on, but I'm tired of typing about this. LOL.
Basically this. I guess the fact that I'm gay and I'm into an acting/actors environment makes me probably more sensitive about blaine (as a representation of a gay character) and darren (as an actor) than most people, in a nutshell, the 2 are offensive to me. Blaine for being a background womanizer and darren for his could-not-care-less attitude about acting. But I'm tired of developping these views.

ColferInspired wrote:Darren is only seen as one because it is how his people have marketed him. That says a lot about his talent doesn't it if they market him like this.
That says also about the kind of audience they're targeting deliberately, as if he were a mere commercial product. I once recounted how I landed in DC thread on GF in the middle of the frenzy caused by his shirtless photoshoot. No one in the thread was wondering why an artist would do a shirtless photoshoot. Writers, painters, architects, composers, choreographers, actors invested in their art (the like of M. streep, G.Close, kenneth branagh, etc) don't do shirtless/topless photoshoots, it has nothing to do with their art. The only gain of this pics is first, easy money and, easy popularity with the audience that won't question it.

That Out shoot was ridiculous, and I saw the Darren craziness all of sudden, when the GF, the Klaine thread was mostly about Kurt/Chris. Then suddenly ones were turning on Chris fans and Blarren stans started appearing and being offensive about Chris and carrying on like Darren was the biggest star of the show.

I see why he put those pics on his Facebook page.

If he hadn't done that he probably wouldn't be a big as he is now. I found it tacky and over the top.

The tide will change if Darren starts not making these stupid polls and doing these stupid photo shoots.

I used to be a fan but after the Out shoot my opinion changed in regards to him.

And seeing as he is not in any polls regarding talent or appeal, but Chris is, says a lot how the media regard Darren's talent and general appeal, that has nothing to do with his looks.

You can only be a teen idol for so long.

He's not expecting to still be one at the age of thirty is he? Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1 - Page 38 3429310274 Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1 - Page 38 3429310274 Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1 - Page 38 3429310274

Darren flaunts it and flirts, and people lap it up. Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1 - Page 38 357632081

He needs to start taking his career seriously as people are starting not to take him seriously. I definitely don't anymore.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/18/2012, 12:02 am

brisallie wrote:
Here is more less what I know about them:

Full house: Only the youngest ones? Because the first one who comes to my mind is John Stamos but I can say the Olsen Twins are still known by people and the media though is more because of their image and money than their talent. The girl who played the oldest one is a housewife (?) and the other one had problems with drugs.

Family Ties: MICHAEL J FOX and that it...

Growing Pains: I think the one who played Jeremy is now a chef-his name is Benjamin, right?- Kurk Cameron is well know as a religious fanatic now and Tracey Gold...What's she doing? In rehab for her bulimic issues?

OK, here's what I know off the top of my head:

Full House--Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen are in fashion. The middle daughter recently had a drug addition and has some kids. The oldest daughter married a Russian hockey player and lives in Canada the last i heard.

Family Ties--Michael J. Fox acts here and there, I don't know what happened to Justine Bateman. Tina Yothers was recently on celebrity wife swap.

Growing Pains--I don't know what Jeremy does. Kirk Cameron was in the news a couple of weeks ago for denouncing homosexuality on the Piers Morgan show. Tracy Gold was recently on Celebrity Wife swap

fantastica wrote:^ the other days John Stamos appeared on a TV commercial (forgot what it was for) and my son commented "gosh that guys is only doing commercial now". I guess he has no other jobs?

John Stamos has been tweeting about a pilot he just filmed.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/18/2012, 12:17 am

Delight wrote:
dap1217 wrote:OT just saw TV Line new article about TV's Most Polarizing Characters,Blaine is on the list.Good for them realizing not everyone loves Blaine.If you guise want a good laugh,you should check the comments.
LOL

Reading some of the comments on that page just made me hyper-aware that I'm probably a bit too old for the Glee fandom. I came across a comment that really impressed on me as to how young some of these Blaine/Darren fans are... Someone actually said that she adored Blaine because him being with Kurt-- a less gorgeous guy-- gives her hope that a hot, gorgeous guy would be interested in her someday. This is the first time I've seen blatant evidence of this tendency of Blaine fans to fantasize about being in Kurt's shoes (just so that they can imagine what it's like to be the recipient of Blaine's luuuurve, kisses and heart-eyes). It makes me all the more annoyed now, when I think back on all those 'Is Darren Criss a good kisser?' questions to Chris from these Darren-obsessed fans. To these people, all I have to say is this-- STOP TRYING TO LIVE YOUR FANTASIES THROUGH CHRIS AND LEAVE HIM ALONE. GO AND BOTHER DARREN INSTEAD IF YOU'RE SUCH A BIG FAN OF HIS.

*deep breaths*

Sorry. I just had to vent that out loud.

Vent away this is what this place is for. Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1 - Page 38 650269930

I hate Blarren fans because some are them are homophobic.

I came across a blog a couple of months after that Out shoot of Darren's and she was complaining that poor Darren had to kiss a gay, and she was now worried that he had aids. She got a lot of hate from Chris fans, but it started me thinking why does Darren have fans like this?

Then there was the Save Darren blog which was also on Tumblr that was telling bloggers to save Darren as Chris being gay was obviously a predator and Darren needed protecting. Again the Chris fans were in fall force which I loved, but I did read all angry blogs that were defending Chris and telling them off.

The hate they had for Chris was horrifying. And they are a Darren stan. And then I think that these sort of people are probably writing like that to him. That is probably another reason why Chris doesn't want Klaine anymore.

If he is no longer acting alongside Darren, then these moron's should leave him alone.

I glad that Tumblr quickly removed both blogs and removed these people from Tumblr.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/18/2012, 12:23 am

fantastica wrote:haha jelly, I am going to start gushing about DC now and see just what you can do to me! tonguue

I Luv DC
I Luv DC
I Luv DC
I Luv DC
I Luv DC
I Luv DC
I Luv DC
I Luv DC

You should love Washington DC. It's our nation's capital.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/18/2012, 12:41 am

jelly and me and romina our last few posts should go into the gossip thread! Razz ok you don't have to move them now because it extends from a previous ontopic convo, just saying if you guys want further analysis of any C-list actor's career after tv shows we have a place for it. Now how does it feel when I am moderating YOU jellyfish? coool
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/18/2012, 12:42 am

Jellyrolls wrote:
fantastica wrote:haha jelly, I am going to start gushing about DC now and see just what you can do to me! tonguue

I Luv DC
I Luv DC
I Luv DC
I Luv DC
I Luv DC
I Luv DC
I Luv DC
I Luv DC

You should love Washington DC. It's our nation's capital.
Oh I actually meant Digital Camera because it's time for my anual self-portrait. tonguue
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/18/2012, 1:05 am

Jellyrolls wrote:

Ugh. Kim is drinking the Kool Aid, too.

We're all going soft. People are saying he's good looking. I'm defending him. What is happening to this place?

You're defending him??? huh HOW?

Jellyrolls wrote:
OK, here's what I know off the top of my head:

Growing Pains--I don't know what Jeremy does. Kirk Cameron was in the news a couple of weeks ago for denouncing homosexuality on the Piers Morgan show. Tracy Gold was recently on Celebrity Wife swap

First I want to say that never drink anything that can be hurtful for your brain when you're writing on internet. I confused Ben with Jeremy, I've just remember Ben was the character and Jeremy the actor tonguue

Please don't mention the interview of Kirk Cameron on Piers Morgan show because he's so narrow minded person now ¬¬

LOL reality shows are always a good platform to be noticed by people again, it doesn't mattering how ridiculous is or how much you're exposing your life.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/18/2012, 1:14 am

ColferInspired wrote:
Shinra17 wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:Darren is only seen as one because it is how his people have marketed him. That says a lot about his talent doesn't it if they market him like this.
That says also about the kind of audience they're targeting deliberately, as if he were a mere commercial product. I once recounted how I landed in DC thread on GF in the middle of the frenzy caused by his shirtless photoshoot. No one in the thread was wondering why an artist would do a shirtless photoshoot. Writers, painters, architects, composers, choreographers, actors invested in their art (the like of M. streep, G.Close, kenneth branagh, etc) don't do shirtless/topless photoshoots, it has nothing to do with their art. The only gain of this pics is first, easy money and, easy popularity with the audience that won't question it.

That Out shoot was ridiculous,He needs to start taking his career seriously as people are starting not to take him seriously. I definitely don't anymore.

I think DC is very smart - he knows exactly what he's doing and what he wants and he's making careful move every step of hte way. He's got an extremely aggressive marketing and PR team - they even send out press release for offer he declined just to show that he's very much sought after in Hollywood (because the more you appear wanted, the more people will want you). He's been deliberately marketed as a sex symbol and teen idol - basically the Teenage Dream. Those photoshoots are very fitting for that image he's selling. the truth is he can't really compete on other fronts, such as hard core acting, but he does have an active base of fans drooling over his sex appeal, so it's only smart to take advantage of that.
He's also aggressively marketing himslef as the "broadway star" now, after 3 weeks of bway stint, and attends just about every musical related events known to men. Again if he auditions for any roles on bway in the traditional sense I doubt he can win it, but he's got his Glee fame and rabid fanbase willing to sell their houes to see his show, so he can still negotiate deals for short term stints. He said he wanted to bring his Starkids to bway. Maybe he will. Maybe it's his dream. I think the last thing I want is to follow his careeer to see if he can make it or not.

and in case you wonder why I still know so much about his career move if I am not interested in following him, well that damn ontd-glee site where I steal a lot of info/spoiler from are obsessed w/ posting every single DC news/events/shoots/whatever despite the fact that they claime to be DC haters. I can't seem to escape from this man's derpy face even during the hiatus!

And Liz those homophobic Blarren stans who wants to "protect" DC is just disgusting, although in all fairness DC cannot choose his fans. He relies on them to reach his fame. He's doing everything he can to capitalize on his fame and trying to get hte most out of it while he can.

Last edited by fantastica on 3/18/2012, 3:20 am; edited 2 times in total
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/18/2012, 2:42 am

I used be interested in Darren's career but I not anymore either.

To market himself as a Broadway Star is kind of ridiculous. But he needs to use all he has got.

Darren can only market himself so far until people start losing interest when someone better comes along.

Chris has the right publicity. A lot he doesn't do himself as in a lot of self promoting, photo shoots. His talent is speaking for him.

I don't think Glee had much to with Chris selling his SBL script before it became this wonderful movie. You need talent to do that. And I think the same goes for LOS. I think Chris said they didn't know who he was when he sold the script to the David P--- (can't remember how to spell his name).

Darren has mediocre things to cling onto at the moment.

Hell, some other company could do a H2$ on Broadway with a really big cast with someone playing Darren's character who is both a brilliant singer and actor that would sell out because it is that damn good and better than the one Darren was in. And it wouldn't matter how much his stans would bitch and moan because they would be a small minority.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/18/2012, 2:55 am

chris is not only talented but also very business savy. his pr team is just as good but don't go overboard. i dont think he will be able to do the movie and book while being a nobody in clovis still. he 's cultivated a bunch of industyy connections since he's on glee, and knows who to show his script to, and where to find investors. otherwse u can send your script to studios or book manuscript to publishers and may never hear from them again, until one day u see somebody else's movie that stole your best ideas or someone else's book that has a similsr plot. I have a writer friend who had just that kind of experience.

although glee provides a stepping stone for chris to achieve better things down the road, he still had to rely on his talent to write good script and books, and being a good actor w/ the serious chops. W/o these skills he would have to rely on something else like his coworkers did - taking his shirt off to attract eyeballs.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 3/18/2012, 4:40 am

Delight wrote:

Reading some of the comments on that page just made me hyper-aware that I'm probably a bit too old for the Glee fandom. I came across a comment that really impressed on me as to how young some of these Blaine/Darren fans are... Someone actually said that she adored Blaine because him being with Kurt-- a less gorgeous guy-- gives her hope that a hot, gorgeous guy would be interested in her someday. This is the first time I've seen blatant evidence of this tendency of Blaine fans to fantasize about being in Kurt's shoes (just so that they can imagine what it's like to be the recipient of Blaine's luuuurve, kisses and heart-eyes). It makes me all the more annoyed now, when I think back on all those 'Is Darren Criss a good kisser?' questions to Chris from these Darren-obsessed fans. To these people, all I have to say is this-- STOP TRYING TO LIVE YOUR FANTASIES THROUGH CHRIS AND LEAVE HIM ALONE. GO AND BOTHER DARREN INSTEAD IF YOU'RE SUCH A BIG FAN OF HIS.

*deep breaths*

Sorry. I just had to vent that out loud.

I saw that comment on ontd_glee, the one about loving Blaine because he gives the "non-gorgeous" hope, and it ticked me off so much. At least most of the comments about why people loved Blaine on that article just highlighted to me, again, just how much of a bad character he is. I especially felt amused at the people saying he's such a "complex, deep character" based on the "hints" the show gives, or that the show hasn't shown all his layers therefore he's "mysterious", but the layers must be there.

All I can say is - no. If you have to rely entirely on headcanon to make any sense of character, or to create depth in a character, he's automatically badly written and *not* deep or complex. Good writers can be subtle with characterization, and give you enough to connect the dots without being obvious - but in Blaine's case, there's no subtlety, and no dots. There's just nothing. If the canon show isn't giving us the layers to Blaine's character through action or dialogue or reaction, whether hammer-in-the-head direct or a read-between-the-lines moment, then the layers aren't there. The only thing they have to go on is the Sadie Hawkins bashing and his one line about thinking his Dad built a car with him to turn him straight (the former of which feels like a contradictory retcon, based on what Blaine was like in his first few episodes of introduction, particularly his "don't be a victim! confront them!" speech, since if he got his butt kicked before, you'd think he wouldn't give that kind of advice).

Blaine, to me, certainly doesn't act like he's a tortured soul over either of these events, but most of his fans think he has loads of angst and anger underneath the surface about it and base his personality and backstory - or lack there of - on it. I don't see it, but maybe the Big Brother episode will finally prove once and for all with some insight to his family life. Though even then, Blaine just doesn't ever act like it deeply affects him (imo) so I don't think my mind will change, even then; he seems perfectly happy and placid in Glee, gets along with ND, claimed in TPPP the Warblers are his friends, so he's not the lonely woe-is-me-Kurt-is-my-only-real-relationship woobie people paint him as either. But I will have to laugh if it ends up his family is generally supportive, if maybe a little awkward and unsure around him, and the thing with the Dad was a misunderstanding, since so much Blaine fan headcanon will crumble to dust then.

*It's late and I'm cranky so I feel not nice at the moment*

ColferInspired wrote:Vent away this is what this place is for. Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1 - Page 38 650269930

I came across a blog a couple of months after that Out shoot of Darren's and she was complaining that poor Darren had to kiss a gay, and she was now worried that he had aids. She got a lot of hate from Chris fans, but it started me thinking why does Darren have fans like this?

Then there was the Save Darren blog which was also on Tumblr that was telling bloggers to save Darren as Chris being gay was obviously a predator and Darren needed protecting. Again the Chris fans were in fall force which I loved, but I did read all angry blogs that were defending Chris and telling them off.

The hate they had for Chris was horrifying. And they are a Darren stan. And then I think that these sort of people are probably writing like that to him. That is probably another reason why Chris doesn't want Klaine anymore.

If he is no longer acting alongside Darren, then these moron's should leave him alone.

I glad that Tumblr quickly removed both blogs and removed these people from Tumblr.

I had no idea any of that happened. That's horrible. :( I hope Chris never saw anything like that, either on the net or in hate mail. I'd be so upset for him - no one should have to deal with such hurtful, disgusting hate.

But, sadly, I don't think that happened just cause they're fans of Darren. I have a feeling that would happen with any straight actor Chris is an onscreen boyfriend with. I mean, I'd hope not and pray that it wouldn't, especially if it's an actor whose fans tend to be more mature and older, but I bet it still would. :( There'll probably always be at least some horrible, entitled, homophobic fans who'll hate a gay actor for "infecting" their favorite straight one, at least until the world is better and equality and love for all people is more widespread....
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 3/18/2012, 8:11 am

That sucks. No
I cannot believe that there are this kind of fans (even if I don't think "fans" is the right term for these people).

I'm happy that Tumblr removed the blogs. And I don't know if I prefer to think that whoever wrote this things is someone who live in a cave on the top of a distant mountain and is incapable of discernment, because that kind of statements are absolutely ignorant.
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 3/18/2012, 8:25 am

Jellyrolls wrote:

Think about who some of your teen idols were when you were a kid. Do you still follow them? Do you know what they have done in Hollywood since your first? What type of projects are they doing now? Are they regularly appearing on TV or movies? Or are they doing bit parts here and there? I grew up watching Full House, Family Ties, and Growing Pains. How many of the kids actors on those shows are regularly appearing on TV and major motion pictures now?

I recall taking note of Leonardo DiCaprio when he was on 'Growing Pains'. Then he dropped off my radar for several years before coming into my awareness again as Jack Dawson on 'Titanic'. My reaction upon seeing him in that movie was-- 'hey, isn't that the homeless kid on Growing Pains?'

It shows that in order to last as an actor, you need some seriously good acting talent to back you up (and not semi-nude photo shoots). I doubt Darren would make it big as an actor unless he takes his profession more seriously. Even his future on Broadway seems shaky, unless he improves his singing or at least dedicate a longer period of time to master his role before stepping on the stage. His fans can only support his career for so long before they move on to the next heartthrob.

Shinra17 wrote:
Basically this. I guess the fact that I'm gay and I'm into an acting/actors environment makes me probably more sensitive about blaine (as a representation of a gay character) and darren (as an actor) than most people, in a nutshell, the 2 are offensive to me. Blaine for being a background womanizer and darren for his could-not-care-less attitude about acting. But I'm tired of developping these views.

The points you've made are very valid. Blaine is not a convincing gay at all, and a lot of that has to do with Darren's inability to stay in-character, sometimes even when the camera is on him. His flirtatious looks at Rachel during their performances together are really no different from the ones he shares with Kurt. Out of curiosity, may I ask how are you involved in the acting field?

ColferInspired wrote:
Vent away this is what this place is for. Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1 - Page 38 650269930

Re: bolded part... WHAT??? The level of prejudice and ignorance displayed by that single sentence is astounding; and frankly, almost makes me physically ill. Oh man, and there I was, getting all upset over painfully young Blaine fans who consider Kurt to be less good-looking and undeserving of Blaine's love. These fans are obnoxious, but at least they're harmless.

I don't know why I feel the need to clear some things up, as it's highly doubtful that the bigots who have such flawed thinking (as displayed by that fan who thinks Darren is at risk of catching AIDS from Chris) would ever visit this thread... But this is the Snark and Bark, and I feel like venting (again)! Evil or Very Mad

Fact 1: HIV infection (of which AIDS is a consequence without proper treatment) is NOT a gay disease. Are we still living in the dark ages? Do people still think that only gay people get HIV infection? The highest rates of HIV is among the heterosexual population in Africa! Ignorant fools!

Fact2: HIV cannot be passed from person to person through the act of kissing alone. It requires the transfer of body fluids other than saliva. If you disagree, then find me one case study to prove me wrong if you can!

Fact 3: Okay, maybe not so much a fact as a very angry statement... WHO ARE YOU to make such insulting assumptions about Chris's sex life (if he, in fact, does have one)? And I'll leave it at that, because I'm not confident that I can remain civil if I elaborate more on that point.

I think I need to drink some calming tea after this...

ColferGirl wrote:
I saw that comment on ontd_glee, the one about loving Blaine because he gives the "non-gorgeous" hope, and it ticked me off so much. At least most of the comments about why people loved Blaine on that article just highlighted to me, again, just how much of a bad character he is. I especially felt amused at the people saying he's such a "complex, deep character" based on the "hints" the show gives, or that the show hasn't shown all his layers therefore he's "mysterious", but the layers must be there.

I also want to laugh when I see Blaine fans touting Blaine as a complex and layered character (It makes me wonder if we're watching completely different shows). The thing is, Blaine can be whatever the fans want him to be (in their heads), because he's pretty much an empty slate. They can justify Blaine's every action and reaction all they want, because the alternative would be to accept that Darren can't act, and they would never accept that their idol is anything less than perfection in physical form. Now, I don't deny that Blaine can be written as a complex and layered character (as demonstrated by some of the better written fanfics out there), but it just never happened in the canon Glee-verse. Inconsistent writing+mediocre acting= zero-dimensional character

Oh my, this is so unlike me. I've made so many snarky comments today ooppss ... But I have to say, it's liberating.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 3/18/2012, 8:29 am

Jellyrolls wrote:You should love Washington DC. It's our nation's capital.
Razz

ColferGirl wrote:
I had no idea any of that happened. That's horrible. :( I hope Chris never saw anything like that, either on the net or in hate mail. I'd be so upset for him - no one should have to deal with such hurtful, disgusting hate.
I can't help thinking that Chris was alluding to these things when he said in an interview that he gets a lot of hate when he's kissing or close to DC in a scene on Glee. As far as I'm concerned, I'm only aware of the few quotes reported on P_F and coming from the klaine com on LJ. According to the comments of people who know that place, it sounds like they can be very homophobic at times, which doesn't surprise me at all (hey, you need to be not very smart to be blinded by all the sands sent by DC PR team in the public's eyes)

fantastica wrote:
I think DC is very smart - he knows exactly what he's doing and what he wants and he's making careful move every step of hte way. He's got an extremely aggressive marketing and PR team - they even send out press release for offer he declined just to show that he's very much sought after in Hollywood (because the more you appear wanted, the more people will want you).
lol. I put these 2 together because they happened relatively in the same period:

Chris: asked to be part of the prop 8 play with the biggest names of hollywood.
DC : asked to be part of X-factor or whatever it was.

I think the message I got from this is not exactly what his PR team meant to send.... Smile
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 3/18/2012, 9:02 am

Delight wrote:Out of curiosity, may I ask how are you involved in the acting field?
To sum up, I've been taking acting classes for many years in private schools and conservatory (public school) and I've played on national theaters but now, I've stopped with acting. Actually I'm more interested in background activities and right now, I'm involved in the "life" of a small theater that has its own resident drama troupe, mainly by helping the director and the actors with the creation of the play and rehearsals but since the theater is always running low on budget, actually everyone in the theater is also involved in all the chores needed by the maintenance and the activity of the theater.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/18/2012, 9:03 am

fantastica wrote:jelly and me and romina our last few posts should go into the gossip thread! Razz ok you don't have to move them now because it extends from a previous ontopic convo, just saying if you guys want further analysis of any C-list actor's career after tv shows we have a place for it. Now how does it feel when I am moderating YOU jellyfish? coool

Stop backseat moderating, PITA. It was fine where I posted it because it was related to something directly related to bitching about Darren. tonguue
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/18/2012, 9:26 am

brisallie wrote:You're defending him??? huh HOW?

Like four times this week, I've used the phrase "In Darren's defense..." in reference to different things in conversations we've had. It's scary.

ColferInspired wrote:
I don't think Glee had much to with Chris selling his SBL script before it became this wonderful movie. You need talent to do that. And I think the same goes for LOS. I think Chris said they didn't know who he was when he sold the script to the David P--- (can't remember how to spell his name).

Chris's name definitely helped him get both those deals. By the time all the SBL stuff was happening, he was already an Emmy award nominee, and getting a lot of buzz in the industry. Even if the guy who bought the script didn't know who Chris was, Chris' name was big enough that his script would be handled differently than if he had sent it out himself or even with an agent. Think of it as a front of the line pass--his name recognition would get his script on the desk of the people who would make the decision of whether or not it was worth doing, not into the pile with thousands of other scripts that may or may not be read be a peon who may or may not bring it to the attention of the peole with the money.

As for LOS, remember that this came about because Little Brown approached him about writing an autobiography. He said, "No, but I have this idea for a series of kids books" (or whatever his actual words were).

So Chris' name and association with Glee definitely helped not just get his foot on the door, but a spot to discuss them with the right people. If it wasn't for the success and noterity Chris garnered from Glee, LOS and SBL could very well be just stories on his computer back in Clovis.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/18/2012, 1:27 pm

Vent away this is what this place is for.

How old was that girl? Though age it doesn't mattering if you're an ignorant person but she should had researched about AIDS before to say nonsense things :angry: Besides, Why poor Darren? He's an actor huh so he had to be willing to do this scene as a professional, nobody was forcing him and if he had a minimal problem, go and tell the producers.

Jellyrolls wrote:

Like four times this week, I've used the phrase "In Darren's defense..." in reference to different things in conversations we've had. It's scary.

It seems that somebody is drinking Kool aid and is not me lol Althought I've always thought you were inmune to that thing. Do you need help? rehab maybe?

brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next