Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

+28
Sunshine 2012
Kurt addict
opals
Jellyrolls
valkeakuulas
kac
sheny
TimF
tanita_mors
Ireth
Divalicious
Catt24
angelnessa
Tash87
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColferFan1
Glorfindel
Lottie2303
Georgette888
mindschemez
Ranwing
fantastica
bayth
coxfire
Buenos
brisallie
Vir Cotto
ColferInspired
32 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 23 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Post  Glorfindel 8/19/2014, 7:32 pm

He did it!!!
General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 23 Tumblr_nakrvmWnpF1rno81do1_500
 Arrow LINK to Instagram  ptdr 

hrhchriscolfer Grant thinks since he’s the Flash he can bully people now…

Chris nominated Adam Lambert, Demi Lovato, Andy Cohen, Jane Lynch, John Green, and the cast of Little Women LA.
(bolded those from Glee)

(double posting in Instagram thread)
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 23 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Post  Ranwing 8/19/2014, 9:25 pm

How can someone be so sexy and so adorable at the same time? Tis witchcraft, I tell you (and this is coming from a Wiccan).  ded 

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 23 Tumblr_nakt67l0Fj1r295ako1_250General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 23 Tumblr_nakt67l0Fj1r295ako2_250General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 23 Tumblr_nakt67l0Fj1r295ako3_250General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 23 Tumblr_nakt67l0Fj1r295ako4_250
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/20/2014, 12:13 am

@ranwing,doesnt he look great with his hair like that?...and wearing a tank top as well lol
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/20/2014, 2:43 am

By tweets

Twitter followers in millions  # of Tweets
Lea Michelle        4.44     5,628
Chris Colfer         2.45     2,596
Diana Agron        1.97     3,418
Jane Lynch.        1.82     2,357
Darren Criss        1.77     2,387
Naya Rivera        1.71     3,131
Keven McHale     1.47     9,235
Mark Salling        1.32     1,150
Chord Overstreet 1.29     4,282
Amber Riley        1.27    12,800
Harry Shum        1.02    13,500
Matt Morrison     .935     1,087
Jenna Ushkowitz .872      6,277

Other Gee:  IN THOUSANDS   # of Tweets
Grant Gustin         421k         13,200
Jacob Artist         374K              424    
Blake Jenner        360K           2,263
Melissa Benoist     346K             535              
Becca Tobbin       228K           1,260
Alexel Newell        168K           8,780

As I suspected, there is no direct correlation between# of tweets and followers, the top 6 tweeters, none of them are in the top 5 as far as followers.  Jacob Arrist with the least amount of tweets had the most followers among the Noobs.  Ditto Amber and Harry tweet the most but are closer to the back of the pack among Glee regular cast members.

Of the 13 original or regular cast members of Glee from seasons 1-3, Chris ranks #8 in actual tweets but #2 in followers.  
Don't judge me I like stats.   coool
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/20/2014, 6:36 am

thebacklot:
Chris Colfer challenges many people for ALS, including Adam Lambert and Jane Lynch, plus he says he donated money as well as doing the challenge, and even used recycled water because of the drought. He thinks of everything!
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/20/2014, 8:15 am

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 23 Tumblr_nalh9yrfXj1t244k7o3_r1_400

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 23 Tumblr_nalh9yrfXj1t244k7o4_r1_250  General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 23 Tumblr_nalh9yrfXj1t244k7o1_250

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 23 Tumblr_nalh9yrfXj1t244k7o5_r1_250

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 23 Tumblr_nalh9yrfXj1t244k7o2_400

ptdr 

I love that a fan can do this just for fun and not have the craziness of the CrissColfer tinhatters.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/20/2014, 10:54 am

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 23 Tumblr_nalh9yrfXj1t244k7o5_r1_250

That is hilarious.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/20/2014, 4:21 pm

Glee cast doing the ice bucket challenge:

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 23 Tumblr_naie0uUaEy1sfeq4fo3_r1_250  General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 23 Tumblr_naie0uUaEy1sfeq4fo1_r4_250

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 23 Tumblr_naie0uUaEy1sfeq4fo2_r2_250  General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 23 Tumblr_naie0uUaEy1sfeq4fo4_r1_250

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 23 Tumblr_naie0uUaEy1sfeq4fo5_r1_250  General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 23 Tumblr_naie0uUaEy1sfeq4fo6_r1_250
x

We know that Amber didn't do the challenge but donated instead, and we know that Darren was challenged by Lance Bass a while back but didn't respond (or didn't see his challenge). Demi Lovato and Matt Bomer also already did the challenge.
Kristin Chenowetch was challenged  a few days ago and will do it on sunday, and Adam Lambert and Jane Lynch have been challenged by Chris now.

Does anyone know if Lea and Naya were challenged and if so if they maybe tweeted to donate instead (like Amber did)?
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 8/20/2014, 6:17 pm

Adam just completed the challenge (and credited/blamed Chris). He, in turn, nominated Brian May and Roger Taylor (Queen).

https://twitter.com/adamlambert/status/502192780341690368

Really don't know why Darren didn't respond. I'm sure that someone must have brought it to his attention that he was challenged (and his stans on Tumblr are beside themselves that he hasn't participated yet). I don't think that they care about the cause at all - they just want to see wet Darren (who I assume will smell like a wet schnauzer).

Last edited by Ranwing on 8/20/2014, 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/20/2014, 6:40 pm

Yay! Adam did it, but also wanted to see him shirtless lol

So far I know Dianna has been challenged and accepted it :

Dianna Agron @DiannaAgron  ·  1 h
Ok. Challenge accepted. Stay tuned. #ALSIceBucketChallenge

As for Darren, hopefully he gives an explanation soon, as his fans are going crazy with the ice bucket challenge; but I'm sorry for being the devil's advocate, but didn't some colferites only wanted to see Chris shirtless? I personally wasn't well informed about the cause until he did the challenge lol
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/20/2014, 6:53 pm

Kristin Chenoweth said she's doing it Sunday.

I need Matt Morrison and Lea to do it.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/20/2014, 7:28 pm

Buenos wrote:Kristin Chenoweth said she's doing it Sunday.

I need Matt Morrison and Lea to do it.

On twitter are asking Dianna to nominate Lea Smile
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/21/2014, 2:46 am

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 8/21/2014, 4:54 am

Jayma's was funny. Just as an aside, I have heard lots of people nominate Neil Patrick Harris. If he hasn't done it yet, he really needs to step up.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 8/21/2014, 9:52 am

There are plenty of good reasons why some who get challenged don't do it. Primarily when people are sick (the way John Green is) or who have a serous underlying health issue. I was watching So You Think You Can Dance last night and Nigel Lythgoe (the judge and former producer for American Idol) couldn't actually do the challenge because he has a serious heart problem. But when people are healthy, I think that they really should try to do it. It's for a good cause and the ALS foundation has raised over 16 million dollars through this challenge. And it's brought an enormous amount of awareness for this very tragic disease.

So if someone is challenged, I think that they really should do it (and if they have the financial ability, make a donation). I think that Amber should have done the challenge (not sure why she didn't) and unless Darren is on the moon right now so that he'd have no way of knowing that he was challenged several weeks ago, he needs to step up and get his poodle mop wet.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 8/21/2014, 10:52 am

Just out of curiosity, has anyone here done it?

Lots of my friends have done the challenge. Lots of my cousins have done it on one side of my family (because my cousin's husband died from ALS about 12 years ago). I have not yet been nominated (unless you count a nomination from a friend who asked all her facebook friends to do it). I may do it on my own soon if I don't get nominated because I believe it's a good cause, and I love that it has not just raised a lot of funds, but also a lot of money.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/21/2014, 11:00 am

I've done it, Jellyrolls, thank goodness it's summer...  Razz 

As to having to do it, I don't want to go down that slippery slope Ranwing, after all it is a voluntary thing and why second guess anybody's prerogatives nor schedule nor even health status.

It is  suppose to be silly voluntary fun, not mandatory.  I was touched by the ex NFL player who did it who announced he had just been diagnosed with ALS.   I love that this is a silly celebrity driven charitable cause (at this point) that nobody can really object to ( the Drought Cali complaints are groundless for several reason I won't get into).  I know people stricken by ALS and it's win/ win.  

I do hope Michelle Obama does it, though!  

Seeing Anna Wintour do it did bring a smile to my face, LOL.  

George W Bush nominated Bill Clinton , heheh ex presidents challenge.  coool 

I'm also a huge tennis fan and both Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal have been challenged, step up to the plate  boys!

ETA: Joe Torre in NY just got drenched and outgoing baseball commissioner Bud Selig is offering matching funds of $ 100 to each MLB employee who does it, I love it!!
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/21/2014, 12:05 pm

I wouldn't be able to do it due to a health problem (my blood pressure and blood circulation have been giving me problems all my life, so exposing my heart and my veins to an icecold jolt like that would not be a smart idea). And tbh I don't think it would make a difference for ALS if I did do the challenge, as I'm not famous and my family would just look at me as if I had gone mad: me donating money will make a difference though.

Celebrities doing the challenge of course raises a lot of awareness and free PR for the good cause of fighting ALS, but imo if they don't do it because of personal reasons (whether that's because of health issues or not, plus I could understand it if they don't want everyone to know about possible health problems they have, as they have a right to privacy too) and instead e.g. tweet about it and donate, that's fine by me.

It's true that a celebrity tweeting about donating to ALS probably won't create as much buzz and awareness as them doing the challenge (and when you think about it that's kinda sad), but it's better then them simply ignoring it like some do. A simple tweet would be all it takes after all.
But otoh, even for those celebrities who keep silent after being nominated: it's still their (private) lives and decision. I don't think celebrities should be pressured or forced into doing something they don't want to do, even when it's for a good cause and "everyone else" is doing it.

Having said that: with Darren's usual hunger for publicity and attention I'm surprised he hasn't done the challenge or at least tweeted/instagrammed about it.
It's simply very out of character for him, lol.  moque 
He must be aware that Lance Bass challenged him, as his fans keep talking and tweeting about it. Oh btw, I think it's unfair to say his fans only want to see him shirtless and wet, because lbh: so did a lot of Chris' fans when it was his turn, and many fans of other celebrities as well. Isn't that one of the main reasons why this challenge is so popular all around?
Has anyone else challenged Darren besides Lance Bass? Like anyone of the Glee cast (like maybe his big chum Chord), or any of his other acting/singing buddies?

And surely Lea was challenged by someone? Or Naya? Matt? (although Matt isn't that popular I believe, so maybe not)
Any word on Jane Lynch after Chris challenged her?

Last edited by Glorfindel on 8/21/2014, 12:21 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : typos!)
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  angelnessa 8/21/2014, 12:14 pm

I didn't do the challenge, but I did donate. I wouldn't have even known about it without the celebrities doing the challenge, so I think it's been a good thing.

I don't pay attention to Darren's Twitter or tag on Tumblr, so I don't even know if he's been communicating on social media lately. But it definitely isn't like him to pass on an opportunity in front of a camera like this, especially when taking part in this challenge can't be construed as just being an attention whore, but is for a good cause. Weird.
angelnessa
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 8/21/2014, 12:33 pm

I didn't do the challenge but I did make a donation. It's not that I'm not willing to do the challenge (even though my internal organs will not thank me) - I just haven't been challenged.

The publicity that this challenge has brought has been invaluable and I'll temper my statement (because it was a bit bitchy - am blaming the root canal I had yesterday). Amber at least acknowledged being challenged and did something so good for her. But a big part of this challenge is to get awareness of this disease and there are several who did not do the challenge (primarily for health reasons) who still posted videos to try to nominate others and spread the word. Tweeting is the least effective way to get the word out.

As for Darren... Marie is right... the guy had been willing to do nearly anything for free publicity and this would be a quick and easy thing to do that would serve a great cause and make his fans happy (and hopefully open their wallets a little). It's not likely that he hasn't heard that he was nominated, so his complete lack of response is strange.

But we are seeing who people are comfortable nominating and it's got to burn the Crisscolfer idiots that Chris didn't nominate Darren (nor did Kevin, Jenna or Grant). I don't know if Lea was nominated, so it makes me question just how tight they are with the rest of the cast at this stage. For all the talk about how much Lea loves Chris (among others), it's certainly looking like it's more talk than actual fact at this point.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 8/21/2014, 12:43 pm

I also only looked up the disease because of this challenge, so PR done good.

Of course Darren is deep down in recording his solo album sillies! He has no time for trivialities because he's gotten the green light to work extra hard than anyone ever on his first solo album... Razz 
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/21/2014, 12:49 pm

C'mmon folks, I wouldn't read too much  about who challenges who as to whose tight or not on Glee among the cast.

I think Kevin, Chris and Grant are great twitter buddies, though I don't think I've ever seen those 3 photographed in a social non work/promo setting.  Personally I don't think we have a clue as to who's actually very close among the Glee cast , though we can  guess.   Chris and Ashley, naturally.    The other  easy one is Lea/Jonathan Groff, but that predates Glee and goes back years.

Part of that is because most  of the cast  were in their early twenties by the time they got on Glee, so they had friendships/relationships  away from the show.  Chris was the exception, being all of 18 when he started Glee, so it doesn't surprise me that a castmate (Ashley Fink) became his BFF.  However even Amber and Kevin had professional lives before they got on the show  and some like Mark and Cory were in their late 20's.   I'm sure like any group of people in a work environment , some got close. some had  a falling out... (Lea has hinted as much in one particular interview) and some simply have different interests so they don't do much other then work together in a professional manner.   Didn't Naya and Dianna once fly off to Paris for a vacation?  

BTW, I don't count those promo/fashion/benefits they do as hanging out as friends that's more PR and free booze/food IMO.   coool 

Having said that, I'm expecting Jonathan Groff or Lea if challenged to nominate each other....Matt Morrison someone is bound to nominate him sooner or later.  Has anyone named Ryan Murphy yet?

Beyonce has been challenged enough that that girl better get doused is all I'm saying...
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 8/21/2014, 1:13 pm

All I'm saying is that it's things like this that show which friendships (however casual) are real and which are strictly for PR.

I'm not expecting the whole group to be besties forever. I'm just saying that I don't believe that Lea and Chris are nearly as close as they used to be (and might be one of those falling out things that Lea mentioned), and that Deleastreet is total bullshit (despite the flurry of selfies at the end of season 5). I actually laugh at those who insist that if the cast isn't spending every free moment together that it's the end of the world.

One thing that I appreciate about Chris is that he doesn't play the bullshit game. If he's close to someone, it's apparent. We know that he's close with Ollie, Dot, Dom and Curt (in that they socialize outside the show). Ashley is his girl. He attended Adam's birthday party. He's buddies with Grant and Kevin (even if they don't go out together all that much). Chris isn't interested in socializing to get his face in the gossip rags. If he's attending your party or spending the night with you, it's because he genuinely wants to. And I appreciate that honesty.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/21/2014, 1:48 pm

Ranwing wrote:All I'm saying is that it's things like this that show which friendships (however casual) are real and which are strictly for PR.

I'm not expecting the whole group to be besties forever. I'm just saying that I don't believe that Lea and Chris are nearly as close as they used to be (and might be one of those falling out things that Lea mentioned), and that Deleastreet is total bullshit (despite the flurry of selfies at the end of season 5). I actually laugh at those who insist that if the cast isn't spending every free moment together that it's the end of the world.  

One thing that I appreciate about Chris is that he doesn't play the bullshit game. If he's close to someone, it's apparent. We know that he's close with Ollie, Dot, Dom and Curt (in that they socialize outside the show). Ashley is his girl. He attended Adam's birthday party. He's buddies with Grant and Kevin (even if they don't go out together all that much). Chris isn't interested in socializing to get his face in the gossip rags. If he's attending your party or spending the night with you, it's because he genuinely wants to. And I appreciate that honesty.

Ranwing, Lea actually specifically mentioned Chris and Amber, in contrast to the alluded falling out with other cast mates who with time showed their true colors according to Lea.   So in that particular case that interview wasn't hinting of any Lea/Chris rift.   Though I do think that once Chris has grown (literally) as a man since he started Glee  he has developed his own interests/goals/ so that I think it's as much Chris decides who he wants to hang out with.    It doesn't indicate he doesn't "like" or is friends with Lea, or vice versa, simply that they go around in different circles.   I also get that impression about Chris and Kevin , for example.   They seem to get along very well but there doesn't seem to be any compelling reasons why they want to hang out after work. Ditto Chris and Amber or Harry.

The other factor is that I think most of them view their after hours is time to hang out with their OTHER friends, family, significant others away from their work mates.  That also doesn't mean they don't get along.   Naya at the time of Cory's death recalled  how one time her and Cory after work took off some where to have drinks and shoot the bull for hours, that is something that she remembers.   Which sounds to me more typical with your workmates, an occasional evening out unless you are very very close.

It's tough to gauge friendships, I have some friends because we're busy and have lives we don't see each other for months or even years and we can pick up immediately once we get together without skipping a beat.   Than there are other people that my friendships has faded away so not seeing them  makes a huge difference,  and neither of us has the inclination to restart ir  even though we know we can.  Who knows with any two individuals?

I agree with you about Chris, he doesn't always tweet or instagram when he hangs out with people, though others do that more.  For example, he had a lunar moon viewing at his house a few weeks ago and obviously invited people over, among them was the screen-writer for the next  X Men movie  so he obviously hangs out with movers/shakers but just doesn't say anything all the time.  When a fan asked him specifically he let out he had dinner with Ian Mckellen but it's not as if he trumpeted that with a selfie or anything.

Now my next part is total unsubstantiated speculation: I think Chris is very admired in HW among certain circles precisely because he is one of the few out young celebrities, he may not get the BS of being a gay "ally" but the path he's carving is putting him on good stead with alot of movers and shakers.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 8/21/2014, 2:28 pm

I've said this a billion times, and I'll say it again. Working on Glee is like any other workplace as far as friendships go. You are kind of forced together because of work, and you may enjoy each other's company--go to lunch, or dinner after work, maybe a concert or a play or something. You might even travel together. But once you move on from the job, you might keep in contact with a few people (via text, or e-mail, or facebook, or Christmas cards), and if your lucky, you might make a lifelong friend or two. But most people you work with, you are only brought together by the work.

The Glee cast definitely seemed tight knit in season one and two--that was most likely a product of them all going through the craziness of first time fame together, and the summer tours, and the press and all that. Back then, we saw several occasions where they tweeted about going to each others houses for dinner or game night, etc. Some are closer than others (like Jenna and Kevin seem tight, and I always thought Mark and Cory seemed close). Who knows, maybe they do get together a lot and we don't know it because they don't tweet about it (because of all the crazy fans out there). We do see them supporting each other (like Amber going to Tribeca, a few people going to Darren's concert in LA, many of them going to see Amber on DWTS--though I think some of them may have done that because they knew they'd be seen on TV--, Chris going to the New Years's Eve premiere, etc.).

Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next