Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

+28
Sunshine 2012
Kurt addict
opals
Jellyrolls
valkeakuulas
kac
sheny
TimF
tanita_mors
Ireth
Divalicious
Catt24
angelnessa
Tash87
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColferFan1
Glorfindel
Lottie2303
Georgette888
mindschemez
Ranwing
fantastica
bayth
coxfire
Buenos
brisallie
Vir Cotto
ColferInspired
32 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 3 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Post  ChrisColferFan1 5/13/2014, 12:43 pm

ColferInspired wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:Let just talk and live in their own little bubble. All the recent announcements are telling us a completely different picture. Chris has more upcoming projects to release to the public, where we are not aware yet of the exact details. It is a great time for a lol-Glee and Chris fan  rooots 

I know.

But their tears will be delicious.  Smile

Agree 100%. Smile 
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 3 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Post  coxfire 5/13/2014, 12:48 pm

Sorry for asking, but I am too lazy right now to look it up: was anything announced regarding the start of S5 shooting? Or is everything on-hold up until the number of episodes is definite?

I don't know how it works, but if only a half-season is ordered, will they shoot it all back to back starting end of July as usual, or will it be shifted?
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 5/13/2014, 12:59 pm

The last I heard was Reilly from FOX indicating that the actual number of episodes to be ordered was still something to be negotiated, but I think that filming should probably start in late August as planned. Besides the actors who are making themselves available for filming on schedule, there's also the crew who need this paycheck. I would think that FOX would rather have the episodes in the can and ready to go than to have things filmed at the last second the way Glee has done this past season.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/13/2014, 1:21 pm

Usually Glee starts filming in July.   Somebody in the crew announced a few weeks ago that the filming would start in August, but others have questioned the accuracy of that person's statement,  so who knows?

In hindsight, Glee should be thankful it even gets (seems most likely) a half season order of 13 episodes.

Just for a point of reference, "Dads", "Surviving Jack" and "Almost Human" got cancelled this year with higher ratings than Glee. In fact "Almost Human's" finale had a 1.5 Demo which is almost double Glee's last Demo (.80) 

FOX had to do something, it was embarrassing and counterproductive  to give a full fall slot schedule to a show with an alarming demo in free fall that has not yet hit it's bottom. You can't justify that to your advertisers/sponsors especially when selling ad revenue.  Plus there was a very quantifiable measure of how Glee had fallen; the 500-1000 percent decline in ITUNE sales the last 2 years.   You can puff up all the "social media" talk you want, a .8 or .9 average Demo is not going to cut it still even with all the Networks overall ratings in decline.   Overall Network TV is in big trouble, very few shows  these days get over 2.0 in Demos anymore, just a handful.  Add to that that critically Glee gets hosed on a regular basis and it's inept writing and poor characterization has become a joke, to be referenced on other shows.

Delaying Glee until mid season is the kiss of death, 8 month delay and with a slashed budget for marketing/promo  (LOL, live tweets isn't going to cut it) shows that FOX is cutting it's losses with Glee.

There is no more buzz, and with I presume a slashed budget that won't allow flights of fancy for RM he's going to lose even more interest on Glee and gravitate to his other projects. 

It's a sad situation, but at the same time, something  entirely of RIB's own doing.  I chuckle when I read that Glee's decline was "inevitable".  Uh..no..other shows are able to maintain their decline somewhat and end on a good , positive note.  What annoys me is I see rumblings from both RIB and FOX skirting around Cory's death, his was a great blow to the show, but the decisions that doomed Glee were made even before Cory died, especially extending the stupid fucking McKinley  Noob/Blam school year.   Something is clearly not working and you deliberately prolong it...What. THE. fuck.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColfersLightning 5/14/2014, 3:03 am

Are any fans other than Blainers, Sam, and Rachel stans gonna be happy next season?  sleepp 
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColfersLightning
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/14/2014, 3:04 am

ChrisColfersLightning wrote:Are any fans other than Blainers, Sam, and Rachel stans gonna be happy next season?  sleepp 

happy to see their idols only half the season at most? lmao

Last edited by fantastica on 5/14/2014, 3:44 am; edited 1 time in total
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 5/14/2014, 3:06 am

ChrisColfersLightning wrote:Are any fans other than Blainers, Sam, and Rachel stans gonna be happy next season?  sleepp 

I doubt it. I for one will not be watching.I doubt I will change my mind.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColfersLightning 5/14/2014, 6:51 am

fantastica wrote:

happy to see their idols only half the season at most? lmao

ChrisColferFan1 wrote:

I  doubt  it. I   for  one will  not  be watching.I doubt I will  change my  mind.

All I can say now is BLESS Chris for giving us fans amazing news Wink Idc about the failure of Blee no more!  Razz 
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColfersLightning
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/14/2014, 7:06 am

Chris and Grant are getting the most success away from Glee.

Diana isn't doing too bad, or Max, or Kevin.

I wish the best for Lea, Naya and Amber.

Chord as well.

Blake has done a film and he has his show.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColfersLightning 5/14/2014, 7:18 am

ColferInspired wrote:Chris and Grant are getting the most success away from Glee.

Diana isn't doing too bad, or Max, or Kevin.

I wish the best for Lea, Naya and Amber.

Chord as well.

Blake has done a film and he has his show.

I hear Amber manager producers Beiber too? Maybe that is a good thing? HE managed to get fans and Amber can acutely SING   coool 

Don't Naya have a movie out or comming out? And she has a new Team so she should be getting back on her feet soon, she is very beautiful and a good actress and amazing singer, if she play her cards right I can see her with a career soon post Glee  fanny2 

So Proud of my Colfin babies, Grant is so sweet and Chris is my everything! Both major talented an I hope they can work together again in the future, their chemistry is verything! Kurtbastian bitter shipper here, le sigh! Colfin til the end lol  Razz wub wub mrgreen 

So Proud of Mark, Dianna, and Kevin and wish them very well for more future projects! I also heard Jenna was doing a play? :)I wish them all well! Harry too! Heather too!

Ermmm...... that is all!  uhuhu ooppss vexe suspectt suure mrgreen ptdr moque
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColfersLightning
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/14/2014, 12:21 pm

Damn I forgot about Ashley.

She has a new show.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 3 Tumblr_n5eh037PrQ1tbr3a1o2_500
General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 3 Tumblr_n5eh037PrQ1tbr3a1o1_500
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 5/14/2014, 1:26 pm

In light of the latest ratings freefall, might they even just cancel S6 with those numbers? Or would that be a loss of face for FOX? But surely ordering any eps that may start going 0.5, 0.4 etc after EIGHT MONTHS would be a loss of face too? Which is worse? Which makes them more of a laughing stock?
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 5/14/2014, 1:33 pm

0.6... Do you hear it, RIB? That's the audience saying "FUCK YOU", just like you did to them with your meta jokes, horrendous writing, ignominous soulmate-crap, and bloody fucking Daleastreet leads

Paramount's exit doors are this way, don't let them hit you too hard on your way out (or not)
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/14/2014, 1:35 pm

How the fuck do they do even a two hour finale.

And WHY?

They wrapped everything up twice already.

The only thing left is the Klaine Wedding and rebooting McKinley New Directions.

What a fucking mess.

NGL, I feel bad for some of the cast and crew, I"m not that petty.

MY prediction is FOX is going to sit down with Ryan Murphy very soon and it's not going to be pretty.

Last edited by Buenos on 5/14/2014, 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 5/14/2014, 1:36 pm

Given the piss poor ratings (and losing to a weak CW program - we're not talking Supernatural here), I will be shocked as hell if Glee gets any new episodes greenlighted for next season. Having said that, I've come up with my own appropriate ending for the series.

Kurt has taken advantage of the contacts made through June's showcase and he's in London filming a costume drama. There he reunits with Adam, recognizes that he and Blaine just don't belong together and calls off their engagement.

Flash foward three years... Rachel's pilot doesn't get picked up and her behavior got her blacklisted on Broadway so she's struggling now to make it as an actor and is now a punch line at NYADA. Mercedes album sold well enough for her to get picked up as an opening act for a big name and she makes slow, steady progress on building her own career. Sam is back in Lima and no one has spoken to him since (or cares to. Blaine is on the bar circuit singing the usual standards and has had some minor success, but nothing really outstanding. Santana has built success on commercials and gained a role in cable network program. Brittany got lost in the basement of Penn Station and has not been seen since.

And Kurt... happily married to Adam and splitting his time between performing on the West End and doing fine British cinema.

There... I fixed it.

Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/14/2014, 1:38 pm

It's a wrap, Ranwing!

I'm buying.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 5/14/2014, 1:45 pm

Buenos wrote:.

NGL, I feel bad for some of the cast and crew, I"m not that petty.

I do too, RIB did really screw everyone over with their piss poor selfish writing. IT is not like all indicators weren't there by the beginning of the season, or even the end of the last one.

Blood will be shed in the coming weeks, I suspect Ryan will get some cash and cancellation made official. What a sad way to end what once was an engaging show
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/14/2014, 1:58 pm

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 3 Tumblr_n5kk0vYQ3I1ql1znmo1_500

Oh Lea, very bad timing.     phr34r
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/14/2014, 1:58 pm

i doubt RIB will want to do the next season. i bet fox will just pay them off per contract terms and let it go. it will be way too costly to spend millions per episode when you can't sell it to the advertisers.

mark my words. there won't be a season 6. them b/klainers can cry all they want, but it's their loud demands who partially ruined the show.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/14/2014, 2:04 pm

it's also apparent that the Blind Item from couple of months ago was totally false. chris has been attached to his NEXT BIG THING for over a year and no way will he engage in petty cat fights involving glee screen time and risk alienating his friends and costars. chris is a very smart man and he's got far bigger ambition than playing kurt hummel. that's why he didn't even bother to get into those questions during the interview. he knew that focusing on his next projects is the best answer to all those nasty rumors and BIs. also, once you are a celebrity, you just can't escape things like that. the more famous you are, the more likely you will get onto tabloid cover and being talked left and right about things that has nothing to do w/ your work. that's just life. at least he's made it.  Smile 
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/14/2014, 2:17 pm

I think all these outside projects made Chris feel very "zen" about alot of Glee stuff.

Holy shit, his summer calender is like completely filled up already.  And we are still in May!!
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 5/14/2014, 2:25 pm

Buenos wrote:General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 3 Tumblr_n5kk0vYQ3I1ql1znmo1_500

I like the girl, but damn... has she seen the numbers? I'm hoping that she's got something else lined up because I have a feeling that come September, she's going to be out of a job.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/14/2014, 2:35 pm

Georgette888 wrote:In light of the latest ratings freefall, might they even just cancel S6 with those numbers?
They'll be lucky if they get a 2 episodes/hours movie (which will be about the Klaine wedding and Rachel's Pilot being picked up  Rolling Eyes ).

But it would be best to just leave Glee where it ended in season 5. This way Kurt is still in New York and unmarried, so we can headcanon that he comes to his senses anytime soon and kicks the greased dead weight out of his apartment again.

Buenos wrote:General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 3 Tumblr_n5kk0vYQ3I1ql1znmo1_500

Oops.  uhuhu 
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 5/14/2014, 2:41 pm

Seriously, Glee managed to go from Golden Globe winners to beaten by CW in 3 years, even in FOX's worst nightmares they must not have envisaged such a downfall

I don't know if actors are aware of the ratings, but Lea's tweet is kinda sad.

coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Tash87 5/14/2014, 2:48 pm

Aw at Lea. Poor girl can't say anything remotely negative about the show because she'd be raked over the coals because she's a woman. I have to admire her constant positivity for the show under any circumstances.

I honestly think Chris saw the writing on the wall a while ago so it explains why he kind of distanced himself from Glee and already has new projects lined up. Why promote a show that's going to get cancelled anyway?

I do feel bad for the cast, crew, and fans but honestly the fans complaining kind of boggle my mind. It's like with those ratings, what did you expect? They should at least be grateful the writers tied everything up in a neat bow. I saw some fans mad about having only 13 episodes! They should feel lucky if Glee gets even that.

Somewhere, Naya Rivera is chilling on a beach drinking a glass of wine, laughing.

Tash87
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next