Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1

+26
Vir Cotto
kac
TimF
mindschemez
Delight
angelnessa
M&M
Ireth
MoviesAreLife
valkeakuulas
bayth
tanita_mors
Georgette888
brisallie
Jellyrolls
sjonnepon
sheny
Glorfindel
fantastica
Buenos
Divalicious
Ranwing
coxfire
Lottie2303
ColferInspired
ChrisColferFan1
30 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1

Post  bayth 6/20/2014, 7:57 pm

EXCLUSIVE
Glee Bosses Reveal Final Season Theme, Confirm 'There Will Be a Lot Going On In [Spoiler]'
By Michael Ausiello / June 20 2014, 3:39 PM PDT

Glee is going old school in its final season.
Series co-creator Ryan Murphy told TVLine at Thursday’s Critics Choice Television Awards (where he was honored with the Louis XIII Genius Award) that the show will shift back to its original conceit (*concept*? my edit) in Season 6.
“We’re working on the last season now, and it really feels like it’s getting back to its roots, which I love,” he shared. “I’m sort of reinvigorated about it. It’s getting back to what I was initially interested in with the show, which was arts in school. The last season is really about the importance of arts education in our high schools… I think people will like it.”

Murphy’s quotes — as well as fellow EP Brad Falchuk’s assertion to TVLine that “there will be a lot going on in Lima” in Season 6 — all but confirms speculation that much of the action will once again take place at McKinley High.
Murphy, meanwhile, admitted that he “sort of stepped away from Glee a little bit” last season to focus on directing HBO’s The Normal Heart. Cory Monteith’s death also made working on the show challenging. “To be honest with you, my heart kind of broke a little bit,” he conceded. “It was very difficult, not just for me, but for everybody.” (Additional reporting by Scott Huver)

source
Murphy the troll is back trying to get sympathy with mentioning Cory. He's such a crass douchebag.  Rolling Eyes
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1

Post  Buenos 6/20/2014, 8:08 pm

Since none of the younger cast are left in high school or choir, does this mean they are all left as mentors/teachers/props to a whole new bunch of noobs?

How do you get emotionally invested in a new bunch of kids if the older cast are not performing the numbers?

There are only so many times they can show all the cast as 2.0 Wills to new choir clubs.

What a road kill mess.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 6/20/2014, 8:09 pm

Sure, let's use Cory's death again as an excuse for Glee's crappy quality now.  dryy 

So Ryan gets his choir room an high school setting back again.
I wonder how long it will take him to shift focus in the last few episodes of the series (so they should make the most of them) from the remaining old cast to some newbies that will be hired at first as strictly background (show choir) characters, but who will become Ryans new shining toys and pets.

Every time Ryan says that "People are gonna love it" or something similar I cringe.  Mad
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 6/20/2014, 8:14 pm

Ryan said he was also reinvigorated at the start of season 4 with the new cast of HS students and we know how that went. dryy 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 6/20/2014, 8:17 pm

school setting back again.
I wonder how long it will take him to shift focus in the last few episodes of the series (so they should make the most of them) from the remaining old cast to some newbies that will be hired at first as strictly background (show choir) characters, but who will become Ryans new shining toys and pets.

This.

There is no time for fleshing out the new choir rooms without short changing the graduated cast left.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 6/20/2014, 10:04 pm

And this was what absolutely nobody except RM wanted. As if we needed more evidence that FOX has completely washed their hand of things.

Given that my expectations were nonexistent, I can't say that I'm disappointed. Or surprised.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 6/20/2014, 10:25 pm

NO surprise, Ryan Murphy is chicken shit taking cover with Cory's death.

He was a "father" to Cory and now it was Cory's death why the show didn't work in Season 5.

Far be it for Ryan's shitty "brillant"  idea of Noobs as the new stars come to light as a big factor for the fail.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 6/20/2014, 10:40 pm

I'm going to quote someone from Previously.TV here, because it sums things up rather perfectly.

Season Sux, y'all.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 6/21/2014, 7:05 am

Clearly Ryan has no idea what the fans want. And he hasn't known what they wants or years. Or more realistically he ignored what they wanted because what he wanted is more important.

This is all about him being a stubborn, egotistical bastard getting his way. He is the own who was ready to toss away Chris, Lea, and Cory three years ago because he wanted to keep the high school thing going. He's the one who tossed aside Amber, Mark, Harry, etc. aside after season three for cloned characters portrayed be weaker actors. He is the one who put useless filler episode after useless filler episode in season four and three quarters of season five to prolong the school year to keep his precious concept. And then after just seven episodes in New York, he is dropping it to go back to McKinley? He probably thinks that the ratings contined to drop because after the switch because the dropped his precious concept.

I am half wondering if they have already given Chris a mutually agreed upon out as a cost savings measure. Just have him back for an episode or two or something. Even though Chris is one of the most recognizable cast members, I don't think setting him free is going to make a big difference in the ratings--not with less than 2 million viewers. Honestly, I think most Chris/Kurt fans already stopped watching because of the lack of interest Ryan gave to Kurt's storyline.

If the rumors are true and there is a bit of a time jump leading up to Rachel and Blaine taking over ND and VA, they could say either Klaine broke up or they could just string it along saying Kurt is on a broadway tour or something and have him skype Blaine and Rachel (wouldn't need Chris on set much if they go that route).

Ryan's concept for season six will be as bad as it'd was for season four.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 6/21/2014, 9:55 am

Blah, is all Murphy will ever gt from me. McKinley again? Well Rachel needs to be a deity, so a teacher it shall be...for a school that hates the arts.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 6/23/2014, 3:51 pm

IMO the odds of Glee actually getting a regular time slot  in the mid season schedule wholly dependent on the other FOX shows.

If FOX is doing relatively well with its' other  shows, (relative being the operative word as we are talking about FOX)  I would think they might hesitate to pull even a Friday night show for Glee;  8-9 months is a long time as it is for their lowest rated show to get back on the air.

They will probably air 1 or 2 episodes and track closely how the ratings are, if they have imploded even more I doubt they will be seen on air for the rest of the regular Season.  Summer, maybe.

Just seems that Glee is truly over even with a 6th half season (at best) to go. 

Of course pointing this out makes one a "hater", since apparently if one doesn't think the return  of the Noobs/Blam/McKinley is the best thing EVER for the show.  Rolling Eyes

Let's face it , we are going to have tons of Becky and Coach Roz , though if no one watches, did it actually occur?
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 6/23/2014, 5:23 pm

Buenos wrote:Let's face it , we are going to have tons of Becky and Coach Roz , though if no one watches, did it actually occur?
As far as the Klaine wedding goes: if I don't watch it... it doesn't happen.  fanny2

It's the last week of June, and about a month before the preparations for filming Glee should begin, but still no word from Fox and/or Brad Falchuk.  Rolling Eyes
I wonder if they're going to give up on season 6 after all and pull the plug completely.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 6/23/2014, 7:14 pm

I am not watching. Still I hope still hope there is a time jump and the klaine wedding happened off scene, or even better Klaine had broken up.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 6/23/2014, 9:17 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
Buenos wrote:Let's face it , we are going to have tons of Becky and Coach Roz , though if no one watches, did it actually occur?
As far as the Klaine wedding goes: if I don't watch it... it doesn't happen.  fanny2

It's the last week of June, and about a month before the preparations for filming Glee should begin, but still no word from Fox and/or Brad Falchuk.  Rolling Eyes
I wonder if they're going to give up on season 6 after all and pull the plug completely.

But if the series is airing on January/February what is the rush to start production now? They could delay it until September/October.

So I just found thisinterview and Matt Morrison said Glee will have 13 episodes next year
“Next year we’re doing 13 episodes,” Morrison said. “We’re coming to our last season. I’m incredibly proud of the ride that it’s taken us all on. It dealt with sensitive issues that adults and young people go through. I’m very proud to have been part of a show like that.”
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 6/23/2014, 10:22 pm

Why on earth did they make the big deal about dumping Lima only to come back to it a few episodes later?

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/23/2014, 10:33 pm

i think fox forced murphy to drop mckinley because they think the rating will be saved if they focus exclusively in NYC. things didn't turn out like that, and now that the rating doesn't appear to ever even stay flat, i don't think fox cares anymore.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 6/24/2014, 12:20 am

Well, by the time the change was made to all NYC - it was way too late to save the show.  Focusing most of the time on Lima killed Glee.  If they had moved the series to NYC and focused on the three characters there - it might have had a chance.  But, they moved the problem to NYC and all hope for decent stories died (the stories died 3.75 seasons ago when that most heinous character Godzillad  Glee.)

Last edited by bayth on 6/24/2014, 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 6/24/2014, 12:22 am

bayth wrote:Well, by the time the change was made to all NYC - it was way too late to save the show.  Focusing most of the time on Lima killed the show.  If they had moved the series to NYC and focused on the three characters there - it might have had a chance.  But, they moved the problem to NYC and all hope for decent stories died (the stories died 3.75 seasons ago when that most heinous character Godzillad  Glee.)

Good points.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 6/24/2014, 5:42 am

brisallie wrote:But if the series is airing on January/February what is the rush to start production now? They could delay it until September/October.
They have to start shooting at about the same time as other years because they can't leave the crew and cast dangling (unpaid?) for months on end.

They either have to pay the crew during the months they will stall production or their crew members will walk away and find other jobs. Everyone has to pay the bills. With Glee on its last legs it's possible that some of the crew already have resigned and found a new job with more future in it.
And the cast won't wait around for Glee either. They must still be bound by their contracts, but they can't just let them sit at home for many months unpaid (as they get paid per episode).

I don't know the legal consequences of keeping a cast and crew without any work for them, or if any labor unions are involved, but I think that postponing till e.g. september will cost Fox money (money they don't want to spend on Glee anymore).

So I just found thisinterview and Matt Morrison said Glee will have 13 episodes next year
“Next year we’re doing 13 episodes,” Morrison said. “We’re coming to our last season. I’m incredibly proud of the ride that it’s taken us all on. It dealt with sensitive issues that adults and young people go through. I’m very proud to have been part of a show like that.”
Okay, so I guess 13 episodes it is although this interview is still not an official statement from Fox or RIB.

MoviesAreLife wrote:Why on earth did they make the big deal about dumping Lima only to come back to it a few episodes later?
Because Ryan never wanted to leave Lima in the first place. He neglected the New York narrative for almost 2 seasons, and when he finally gave it any attention his 2 favorites were planted there to poison it all.

And even when they went to New York (after 3/4 season spent in Lima's Groundhog Day) of the 3 New York characters originally there only Rachel got any focus, and they basically destroyed her character and storyline in the proces, while Kurt and Santana were nothing but her props and then they became Blam's props as well.
Blam got the storylines instead (Blaine with Kurt as prop, and Sam with Mercedes because Amber won DWTS and Naya had a major fight). Chris/Kurt and Naya/Santana kept New York alive for 2 years, only to see it ruined by the worst of why Lima was so awful it had to be abandoned in the first place.

I think that the New York narrative only was created because Ryan had spilled the beans about the spin-off and it went bust as a result, but by that time everything was already set in motion in canon and Ryan had to dump the big 3 somewhere when he couldn't get rid of them.
Then Ryan tried to juvenate the choir room (he tried for 1 1/2 years!) with his bland 2.0 characters, and he only let his prize poodles Blam fled reluctantly to New York when the Lima ship was sinking and he had no other place to go. dryy 

For Ryan only Rachel, Blaine and Sam are still important (and imo Rachel's only important to Ryan because of the Lea/Barbra clone/Funny Girl connection). Rachel had her own New York sandbox to play in happily 10 minutes per episode in season 4 and most of 5 (with Kurt and Santana as her servants), while Ryan could spend most of his time on his favorite boy toys in Lima.
Bringing Blam to New York only solved Ryan's problem of saving Blaine and Sam from being chopped off from Glee along with the noobs in Lima, but New York was never the place Ryan wanted to be.

So my guess is that Ryan used the awful ratings of the last episodes (gee, but I wonder how the rating went spiraling in the first place?) to plee with Fox to "go back to the roots", as the Quarterback and the 100th episode were the only episodes this season that got better ratings, and they both took place at McKinley.
That the ratings improved for those episodes because of completely different reasons than the fact that they were in Lima (like honoring Cory, and bringing the old cast back and some old guest stars) is simply being 'overlooked' by Ryan.

bayth wrote:Well, by the time the change was made to all NYC - it was way too late to save the show.  Focusing most of the time on Lima killed Glee.  If they had moved the series to NYC and focused on the three characters there - it might have had a chance.  But, they moved the problem to NYC and all hope for decent stories died (the stories died 3.75 seasons ago when that most heinous character Godzillad  Glee.)
 banzai  This. Ugh.  Mad
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 6/24/2014, 10:31 am

Actually only " The Quarterback" got good ratings this season. "100" had good ITuNE sales (relatively speaking) but the ratings were about on par with the rest of the season.

Going back to McKinley is easy for RIB because Jane Lynch doesn't have to be shoe horned anywhere else and Blam can easily be the focus and stars.

It was painful watching the stretched out non romance with Samcedes just to try to give Chord screentime, now in McKinley they will give him yet another LI while he's a "leader" and hero.

Maybe Santana will get a cameo after 5 or 6 episodes.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 6/24/2014, 11:50 am

Buenos wrote:Actually only " The Quarterback" got good ratings this season.  "100" had good ITuNE sales (relatively speaking)  but the ratings were about on par with the rest of the season.
You're right. People really already had given up on Glee before the 100th. They only came back for Cory's tribute.

Glee is dead in the water.
Even if they would give the best actors/characters the main storylines from now on, write an excellent redemption arc for Rachel, break up Klaine, bring back all the old cast, and basically fulfill every wish of the old fandom,.... the viewers have moved on and won't come back.
It's over.

Going back to McKinley is easy for RIB because Jane Lynch doesn't have to be shoe horned anywhere else and Blam can easily be the focus and stars. 
I understand that Jane is the most recognizable face of the cast, and people loved Sue in the first season, but what advantage/value does she still have for the show that they need to force everything back to Lima just for her?
I don't get it.  saispa
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/24/2014, 12:03 pm

now that blam have graduated, how are they going to shoehorn them back in McKinley again?

btw, i am not buying all this 13 episode, focus on McKinley talk until it's officially, formally announced.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 6/24/2014, 12:37 pm

I hope it's 13 episodes. God, what a mess. I hate what they are doing to Rachel's storyline. Having her turn her back on everything she believed in and worked for: NYC, NYADA, Broadway, Funny Girl....all for some crappy, corny TV show based off of her life? And then to return to her cow town in order to teach like Will did? YUCK! I just dread what they will do to Kurt.....

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 6/24/2014, 1:02 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:I hope it's 13 episodes. God, what a mess. I hate what they are doing to Rachel's storyline. Having her turn her back on everything she believed in and worked for: NYC, NYADA, Broadway, Funny Girl....all for some crappy, corny TV show based off of her life? And then to return to her cow town in order to teach like Will did? YUCK! I just dread what they will do to Kurt.....

Of course, Kurt's only purpose anymore is to become Mrs. Blaine Anderson, and to sit on the sidelines smiling adoringly at the greaseball, and overlook all the bad things that his royal doucheines does to him.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 6/24/2014, 1:10 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:I hope it's 13 episodes. God, what a mess. I hate what they are doing to Rachel's storyline. Having her turn her back on everything she believed in and worked for: NYC, NYADA, Broadway, Funny Girl....all for some crappy, corny TV show based off of her life? And then to return to her cow town in order to teach like Will did? YUCK! I just dread what they will do to Kurt.....

Agree, maybe even worse. Like given up all of his dreams and become a house husband to Blaine. That is one of the reasons I do not plan on watching any episodes of season 6.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next