Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread

+19
Glorfindel
Lottie2303
sheny
valkeakuulas
Ireth
ChrisColfersLightning
SippyCupofLuv
ColferInspired
Divalicious
fantastica
Buenos
bayth
YaoiChick
coxfire
ChrisColferFan1
brisallie
Ranwing
Jellyrolls
tanita_mors
23 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap9%5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 1 ]
5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap9%5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 1 ]
5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap27%5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 27% 
[ 3 ]
5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap27%5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 27% 
[ 3 ]
[ 1 ]
5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap18%5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 18% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 11

5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Re: 5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Buenos 4/29/2014, 10:46 pm

Wow they made June an evil bitch.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Re: 5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  brisallie 4/29/2014, 10:51 pm

Ranwing wrote:I'm really going to go out on a limb here, but Blaine wasn't... completely awful. Let me qualify that. Darren still sucks ass as an actor and Blaine is an awful excuse for a character. But he wasn't being malicious here. He kept trying to get June interested in working with Kurt as well and his lie to Kurt wasn't a mean one. He seems to sincerely want Kurt to benefit from this as well.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Wow, count me as someone who also believe Blaine actually had good intentions this time, but the thing is he won't be able to remain the lie for a long time, and that will be worse for Kurt.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/29/2014, 10:55 pm

ok, missed the whole episode (haha!), so why does june like blaine and not kurt? is she homophobic? did she insult kurt or something?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/29/2014, 11:03 pm

@Kim, I love your haha!, so I guess you had all the intention to watch this episode but something happened, right?... Razz 
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/29/2014, 11:07 pm

^ yes, something haha happened.  Razz 

so, can someone answer my question finally?  neutre 
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 4/29/2014, 11:08 pm

The Glee writers just can't write a coherent episode any more; it's just weird. Scenes just meander and don't make much sense -and characters just mouth words.

Rachel already bored with Broadway.
June a Kurt hating Blaine Stan who wants Blaine to end the relationship.
Santana pitching in as an understudy at the last moment.

Yawn....

It's wasn't a horrible episode but just meh and boring.

If you want to watch it's not the worst thing you'll ever see; and Chris looked and sounded wonderful.

Last edited by Buenos on 4/29/2014, 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/29/2014, 11:09 pm

why does june hate kurt? did he accidentally spit on her or something?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 4/29/2014, 11:46 pm

I.want to thank all you brave and intrepid people on watching this idiocy so I can rightly decide.to fast.forward through everything not Kurt.

Now I am thinking that Rachel alone will bite the dust, so she can have her redemptive last season without having to share her trauma. Plus everyone can gather around and support the poor traumatized girl. Too little, too late.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 4/30/2014, 12:09 am

It's just odd, they made June such a bitch that there is no suspense that Blaine will (of course) eventually turn down her offer.

Yet by making so evil..ie she promises Blaine success if he breaks things off with Kurt (huh??) the show telegraphs that it's not even a choice for Blaine.

If the show had set it up that she was offering something for himself that would take him away from NY but was good for his career on a personal level without betraying KUrt , maybe a separation, it might have been an actual dilemma for Blaine. But by making her insist on him breaking off with Kurt it makes it a slam dunk that it's not even a choice.

I must say Kurt sounded and looked wonderful. Damn, Chris stop looking so gorgeous!!! wub wub wub 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/30/2014, 12:29 am

fantastica wrote:why does june hate kurt? did he accidentally spit on her or something?

Wish I could answer why.

But I am about to get my download.

But obviously she hates him for no reason whatsoever is
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 4/30/2014, 12:33 am

I suspect this is going to get horrible ratings, the songs and the album are doing badly. Maybe .8 Demos is my guess?  blinkk 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/30/2014, 1:05 am

You know you are loved, when the reviewers start promoting your episode, while
reviewing this one.  Smile

But don't read the recap, she is a Blaine lover.  dryy 

“Next week: Chris Colfer wrote an episode and it seems to be full of old people and dogs, which should surprise exactly no one who follows him on Twitter.”
— Leakynews 5.18 recap (x)
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  SippyCupofLuv 4/30/2014, 2:26 am

Ranwing wrote:Apparently Ms Halloway has a thing for constipation faces.

Well... that couldn't be handled less harshly. Am hurting for Kurt right now.

As I commented to my parents during the episode: "It's really no surprise that she is drawn to Blaine instead of Kurt, since she's probably been in adult diapers for years..." and a successful bowel movement means she's having a good day.

She's found a kindred spirit in Blaine, sympathizing with him because of his constipation faces or his "Ah! I just sh*t myself" faces.

Now why she thinks Blaine's "Star!" quality, when Kurt isn't (and she was so dismissive and rude to Kurt when informing him of it... no wonder Blaine gets along with her so well) is either due to senility or her hearing/sight is going.

(God! That horrendous outfit Blaine was wearing! Albeit it was more toned down than usual but ugg!. And Kurt of course looked amazing and flawless! WTF is wrong with her?!)

SippyCupofLuv
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColfersLightning 4/30/2014, 3:14 am

SippyCupofLuv wrote:

As I commented to my parents during the episode: "It's really no surprise that she is drawn to Blaine instead of Kurt, since she's probably been in adult diapers for years..." and a successful bowel movement means she's having a good day.

She's found a kindred spirit in Blaine, sympathizing with him because of his constipation faces or his "Ah! I just sh*t myself" faces.

Now why she thinks Blaine's "Star!" quality, when Kurt isn't (and she was so dismissive and rude to Kurt when informing him of it... no wonder Blaine gets along with her so well) is either due to senility or her hearing/sight is going.

(God! That horrendous outfit Blaine was wearing! Albeit it was more toned down than usual but ugg!. And Kurt of course looked amazing and flawless! WTF is wrong with her?!)

Blaine is June's clone in grandpa clothing, of course she loves him! I did not even have to watch tonight to know that! I cringed and turned off POMH on youtube barely 3 seconds in, it was awful, even on mute! I was hoping to get a peak of Kurt, but nah. How many weeks have I missed Blea? Last episode I watched was Tested, I think I watched like 4 or 5 episodes live that were not Kurt edits this season :3 Let's see! The Quarter back, Christmas ep, Tested, That is it o.o I watched 3 episodes... This is kinda sad.... Oh! Maybe I watched one more episode but I forgot? Idk, I have not watched Blee in so long....

I can't wait for next week! Chris looked so happy as Kurt :( Breaks my heart that he has to write an ep just so Kurt can be happy, I hate Blea
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColfersLightning
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 4/30/2014, 4:00 am

YaoiChick wrote:I understand that for once Blaine was trying to be a good fiance to Kurt, but I also feel that this lie is going to hurt Kurt more than just being honest with him.

Yep, June was the horrible bitch here, not Blaine, but Blaine is a dumbass. Seriously, how mean to raise Kurt's hopes up like this when it's clearly not true. I bet this is the lie Blaine reveals in 5x20, and Kurt is going to be so hurt.

Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 4/30/2014, 4:10 am

Ireth wrote:
YaoiChick wrote:I understand that for once Blaine was trying to be a good fiance to Kurt, but I also feel that this lie is going to hurt Kurt more than just being honest with him.

Yep, June was the horrible bitch here, not Blaine, but Blaine is a dumbass. Seriously, how mean to raise Kurt's hopes up like this when it's clearly not true. I bet this is the lie Blaine reveals in 5x20, and Kurt is going to be so hurt.

True. Evil or Very Mad  It won't happened because of stupid endgame,but would not blame Kurt in the least if he does end things with Blaine or considers it.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 4/30/2014, 4:57 am

Can I just start by saying that I don't understand why Ryan doesn't act himself, as himself, as himself in this weiner project of theirs.I bet him and Ian had a few laughs dircting the guy doing the acting, quite stellar for that guy.

Nothing was gained in this episode because we always know that Rachel and Blaine end up on the top. For a second I was thinking are they making Santana tha female version of Kurt, as in she will lose every time, but no. She got to do a boring(!) Broadway show and apparently a duet in soon to be released album with Mercedes.

Why is Kurt losing hurting me this much when I even know it's going to happen? It's more painful beacuse I know he will always take a step back and "understand" when I'd be yelling in his situation so much. Why do we never get to see his rage? Is he no longer capable of it? Have his so called friends groomed him so well that he lacks his soul?

I'm being extra melodramatic but somehow this show makes me so. I don't know if I really want to see the pain being acted by Chris, but I sure as hell do not want Kurt to be this meek lamb either. No not even a meek lamb, just a emotionless android. The few seconds we get to see Kurt being expressive ISN'T ENOUGH!
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 4/30/2014, 5:00 am

Ireth wrote:

I would totally believe that the confrontation coward that Blaine is, will let it get even worse. He will let Kurt prepare. rehearse and dress and probably, just for the fun of the showmakers, make Kurt the laughing stock as well with his delusional thoughts of actually getting to be part of this amazing showcase.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/30/2014, 5:10 am

SippyCupofLuv wrote:

Hysterical!

You should have a stand up comedy act all about Blaine.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/30/2014, 6:06 am

Was Chord in the episode at all last night?
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/30/2014, 7:28 am

Jellyrolls wrote:Was Chord in the episode at all last night?

No he wasn't. And is been two weeks in a row that Kevin hasn't been in an episode.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 4/30/2014, 7:45 am

You know, I don't care if Blaine is spotted by an elderly socialite, I really don't mind (compared with Rachel's InstaSuccess, I guess it is just on par). What I don't get is the need to have him being chosen over Kurt, and him being treated like crap, dismissed like a shit under a shoe.

The exact same story about June requiring Blaine to break-off his engagement could have been performed, so why the need to once more put Kurt down compared to Blaine? I don't know.

I already knew it but Blaine is a moron: why lying about the part (apart from the writers creating fake-contrived drama), when Kurt has been nothing but gracious and understanding about his rejection to the profit of June? The writers make it very hard to me to commiserate for Blaine, because, once more, it is a case of Blaine concealing things to Kurt instead of being honest about his feelings/the whole situation. This is exactly the same as when he: 1) didn't tell Kurt how he felt about him leaving for NY resulting in the DWS debacle 2) him not telling Kurt he was feeling left out resulting in him cheating 3) him not telling Kurt he felt insecure resulting in him jerking off to physicalfratboys.com... As much as people want to present him under a good light by saying "awww, poor Blaine, he is just a people pleaser", in the end, it all boils down to him being a coward.

I get why he would pretend to break off the engagement to June, but not being honest with Kurt? That is despicable, even more so when your boyfriend is the most understanding/forgiving doormat people can shit on in the whole world.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/30/2014, 9:26 am

If anyone has any reason to wonder why the hell Rachel never learns anything, this episode stands as a great example. For the first time in... ever... Rachel is held liable for her action and there's no way to talk herself out of some very signifigant consequences. This was the first time that I can remember Rachel really being chewed out and not having the person who has a real grievence with her suddenly do an about-face. To not just bail on a show after being told in no uncertain terms that she could not have a day off, but to lie to her employers in order to avoid work under most circumstances would get her fired. And I was glad to see the very real and signifigant consequences for Rachel being spelled out - that she would not only lose her job and what little real professional reputation she actually has (rather than thinks she has), but be sued for break of contract (which would finacially destroy her).

And then the show killed any indication that Rachel would suffer any real consequences by having the network offer her a development contract. Instead of Rachel learning her lesson and buckling down and show that she can live up to her employeers expectations, she gets this new prize that just shows her that she doesn't really need her Broadway job after all. It would have worked much better for me had the FOX executive imply (strongly) that her getting this plum job would hinge on her continued success on Broadway since without that good reputation she'd be just another talented kid. That would have forced Rachel to take her job more seriously and renew her investment in the show. Now she'll just go through the motions until the better prospect comes to fruition.

In the real world, the FGs producers would take steps now that they know that Rachel cannot be depended upon. Since the understudy is not up to the job to take over in a pinch, I would expect them to quickly hire a new understudy who is a seasoned Broadway pro and get her up to speed so that when/if Rachel falls short again, she can be quickly replaced. But Glee will never allow Rachel to actually fail at something. We've seen this time and time again. She chokes at her NYADA audition, but gets to prove herself at Nationals and earns the coveted spot in the school. She utterly fails in her dance classes, but then goes on to win the Winter Showcase (proving that she didn't really need dance after all). She impulsively quits NYADA, but her show is a huge hit and she's a success (proving that she didn't need NYADA after all). Now she totally fucks things up at her show and gets a new, more high profile prospect as a result.

I'm so done with Rachel at this point. There is absolutely nothing they can do to redeem her story or make her at all sympathetic now.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 4/30/2014, 10:55 am

Top 1500

214.  Story of my life.
231.  Wake me up.
310.  The Rose.
460.  Do Wop.

Piece of my Heart.  ????

Top 1500 Albums

28. Glee: The Back Up Plan.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 4/30/2014, 11:07 am

I hate June whatever her last name was. That old bitch was looking at Kurt the whole time she was talking about having an eye for extraordinary talent. What does she know about talent, her only real "talent" was marrying a rich man. She made it look like she wanted Kurt to accompany her and when he said yes she just turned to Blaine, it was like she did it on purpose to humiliate my poor baby.  :( 

I'm so sad for Kurt. Seeing how happy he is for landing a role in a retirement home production after the awful way he was treated in this episode made me cry. He deserves so much better than this.

Last edited by sheny on 4/30/2014, 11:26 am; edited 3 times in total

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next