Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread

+19
Glorfindel
Lottie2303
sheny
valkeakuulas
Ireth
ChrisColfersLightning
SippyCupofLuv
ColferInspired
Divalicious
fantastica
Buenos
bayth
YaoiChick
coxfire
ChrisColferFan1
brisallie
Ranwing
Jellyrolls
tanita_mors
23 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_lcap9%5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 1 ]
5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_lcap0%5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_lcap0%5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_lcap9%5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 1 ]
5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_lcap27%5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 27% 
[ 3 ]
5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_lcap27%5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 27% 
[ 3 ]
[ 1 ]
5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_lcap18%5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 18% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 11

5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 Empty Re: 5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Glorfindel 5/2/2014, 12:14 pm

Divalicious wrote:At least we have next week to look at.  I will actually get to watch it live, and can't wait to see happy Kurt on a wire.  He doesn't need bells and whistles, or people blowing smoke up his ass, Kurt loves to perform, so he will always be more successful than Rachel or Blaine.  They both get so much that they don't appreciate what they have, and always seem to want the bigger dream each time they accomplish their current ones so easily.  So they will never be truly happy.  Each performance to Kurt is a victory, and I love that about him.
I love that about him too. For him it doesn't matter if he performs for the creme de la creme of New York's society, at Nationals, in NYADA or at a retirement home: he is just as enthusiastic and motivated.

Just today I was thinking of the band's first gig, when only 1 or 2 costumers showed up. The lack of an audience was disappointing for Kurt but he performed anyway, giving it the best he had, and it even paid off.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 Empty Re: 5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  coxfire 5/6/2014, 8:32 am

From TV Equals:

Here: http://www.tvequals.com/2014/04/29/glee-season-5-review-back-plan/

Maybe when this season is over that’ll be the theme that runs through – happy endings are just the beginning of more troubles and strife down the road.

Which is also what’s happening to Kurt and Blaine, who began the season with a romantic engagement and are now constantly on the brink of self-imploding. I’ve thought this for a while, that Blaine is essentially a male version of Rachel, with things simply handed to him over others simply because he’s Blaine Anderson, and that has been causing problems for his relationship at every turn. Will he heed Shirley McClain’s warning and actually break things off with Kurt for fear of settling? Probably not, at least not permanently, but that doesn’t eradicate the fact that the show brought it up in a way that makes the move feel entirely plausible.

Two weeks ago, Blaine said that, for the first time in his life, he felt like he was losing, and that speaks volumes. His singling out makes perfect sense both because of Darren Criss’ talent and with how we’ve seen characters react to Blaine in the past, and it’s also true that his love for Kurt may actually be getting in the way. While Kurt seems genuinely happy for his fiancé when good things happen, we’ve never really witnessed the same from Blaine, with him only happy and content in the relationship when he’s the superior one. When Kurt got the Vogue internship, he cheated and, when he started to get attention at school, he had to be coddled back to security.

It’s a ticking time bomb and, as big of a shipper as I am, their problems are one of the best and bravest things this season of brave decisions and overcome circumstances has introduced. Of course, there are still a lot of messy elements that need to either be cut off or figured out, such as Mercedes’ implausible record deal, Sam’ lack of an arc and, now, the prospect of losing Santana. But this is Glee, and my unconditional adoration for the show has the power to drone out all of the weaker elements and make room for the magic this show can so often evoke. As a fresh, darker mini-arc for these characters, I’m completely on board.

Even if the reviewer is a Klaine shipper, at least it is nice to see it worded in a critic review and not just by the viewers in the forums.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Puckurt 5/10/2014, 10:46 pm

I really liked this episode! I was happy to see Blaine getting something for once, and it was all thanks to Kurt! Kurt is such a good accessory to Blaine's life! Kurt makes Blaine's life so much better, and Blaine is lucky to have such a gem in his life! Kurt was amazing during SOML!

Puckurt
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/11/2014, 1:33 am

somehow i am smelling tuna...

meow...
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/11/2014, 2:08 am

fantastica wrote:somehow i am smelling tuna...

meow...

Boy, the stench is pretty strong today.  Razz
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 5/11/2014, 4:18 am

Puckurt wrote:I really liked this episode! I was happy to see Blaine getting something for once, and it was all thanks to Kurt! Kurt is such a good accessory to Blaine's life! Kurt makes Blaine's life so much better, and Blaine is lucky to have such a gem in his life! Kurt was amazing during SOML!

I have so many things to say in response to this, but I don't really have the energy or time to do so.

Please show me that you haven't signed up at the wrong forum, and that you're not just here to stir up trouble and rub salt into our wounds.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 5/11/2014, 4:22 am

Delight wrote:
Puckurt wrote:I really liked this episode! I was happy to see Blaine getting something for once, and it was all thanks to Kurt! Kurt is such a good accessory to Blaine's life! Kurt makes Blaine's life so much better, and Blaine is lucky to have such a gem in his life! Kurt was amazing during SOML!

I have so many things to say in response to this, but I don't really have the energy or time to do so.

Please show me that you haven't signed up at the wrong forum, and that you're not just here to stir up trouble and rub salt into our wounds.

Agree, maybe the poster is watching an A/U version of Glee, Blaine always win. This is the only thing I have to say about this.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Puckurt 5/11/2014, 4:29 am

Delight wrote:

I don't see the problem with me liking Blaine with Kurt. Kurt makes Blaine's life better and Blaine makes Kurt's life WAY better than what it was like without him in his life. Plus, thanks to Blaine, Kurt gets to sing more duets with him now.

At the end of the day, in the glee world Kurt is successful, happy, and helpful to all his friends. He really helped Blaine achieve a lot in this episode, and that's what a good fiance would do for his lover. Kurt helped Blaine achieve greatness, a greatness that Blaine always wanted and without his fiance he'd have never gotten it. Blaine needs Kurt, and Kurt needs Blaine. They were made for each other, and this episode showed that they're both equals. I loved this episode.

Puckurt
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 5/11/2014, 4:46 am

You liking Blaine with Kurt is not the problem here. I just have a hard time imagining any Kurt fan being happy that Kurt is an accessory to Blaine's life.

I'm stopping our conversation here; so don't take it amiss if I don't respond anymore.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/11/2014, 5:06 am

I was happy to see Blaine getting something for once,

Baiting plain and simple. 

It's one thing to like Blaine, which I'm OK with that. Different strokes and all.   But denying that Blaine wins more than anyone not named Rachel is an exercise in trolling. 

It's like saying, "I"m glad for once Rachel gets songs to sing".   coool

Once again Norwegian Wood is bored doing his boxer shorts laundry.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/11/2014, 5:45 am

Buenos wrote:
I was happy to see Blaine getting something for once,

Baiting plain and simple. 

It's one thing to like Blaine, which I'm OK with that. Different strokes and all.   But denying that Blaine wins more than anyone not named Rachel is an exercise in trolling. 

It's like saying, "I"m glad for once Rachel gets songs to sing".   coool

Once again Norwegian Wood is bored doing his boxer shorts laundry.

Thought that was who it was.

Wow, it must be getting so empty over there lately.

It will even more so when Season 6 starts.

Might start hearing crickets.  Razz
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 5/11/2014, 12:55 pm

I see there has been a surreal convo start here this morning, but taking this back to reality: I do see sometimes people being very serious about the fact that Kurt should not be anything else but a glorified extra in the big Blaine story. And that Kurt seemes to be very happy with the situation he's in.

I feel it's safe to say here, that for most of us Kurt has not been "fine" for a long time. For me Chris's acting makes that quite obvious. Perhaps his self worth issues have been on the positive side for the very few moments in these past episodes and he's began noticing his own strenghts, but it took only one hint from Blaine jerking of to other, more socially acceptable handsome, guys to get Kurt very upset.

I'm just glad that he's allowed for at least a moment to say back and enjoy the NYADA fame.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6