Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

+28
angelnessa
mindschemez
ChrisColfersLightning
Vir Cotto
AnneNeville
MoviesAreLife
opals
kac
M&M
brisallie
Jellyrolls
Kurt addict
coxfire
Glorfindel
Buenos
Delight
tanita_mors
Lottie2303
Georgette888
sheny
valkeakuulas
Ireth
fantastica
ChrisColferFan1
ColferInspired
Ranwing
Divalicious
bayth
32 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 - Page 23 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  fantastica 4/24/2014, 1:07 am

^ Thank you dear
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 - Page 23 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  ChrisColfersLightning 4/24/2014, 2:06 am

Like Rachel Berry show, I am skipping the Blaine show next week! Basically Glee is not Blea, Blaine and Lea so nahh won't watch until Chris episode.

Honestly these song release I did not really like any song, other than half of That Thing and Kurt's part in that song, nothing else was good. What happened to Glee? The music does not make me feel anything anymore  :( 
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColfersLightning
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 4/24/2014, 2:21 am

Beyond excited for Chris' episode, it sounds as good as the rest sound bad. Can't wait for the Peter Pan number especially.

Chris sounds good in Story of my Life. Pity they had to make it another unequal duet...though this time there's a reason to have Darren shout over Chris, so that Blaine gets noticed by his sugar mommy.  vomir Darren doesn't sound bad but I've had it up to here with his voice all over the place.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/24/2014, 5:14 am

Jellyrolls wrote:Story of my life is OK, but I really wish we didn't have Darren singing on so many songs with Chris now.  I am just so sick of hearing his voice right now.  It isn't even that he sounds bad on it--it is actually a good song for him to sing because it doesn't put him outside his range--but I just can't enjoy hearing him over and over and over and over and over.  The song will sell very well since it is a current song.
Same here.

Darren sounds faily decent on 'Story of my Life' (though still too much screaming and reaching), and Chris sounds absolutely divine in his few solo lines.
But again I'm pissed that the majority of a Klaine ~'duet' goes to Blaine with a dialled down Kurt in the background.  :angry:

Jellyrolls wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:"Story Of My Life" should have been Kurt and Artie.

Darren just puts me off the song completely, because I am also sick and tired of hearing him sing.

Kevin would have been awesome on story of my life.  Actually he could have done well on wake me up too.
Kevin would have sounded perfect on 'Story of my Life'. What a waste of an opportunity.

Still shaking my head that we are getting two Rachel solos next week after her three solos and a duet last night.  As I said the other day, I don't usually complain about Rachel singing too much, but five solos and one duet in two episodes is ridiculous.
And none for Kurt, bye.
Looking at the spoilers so far Kurt will only have had 2 solo songs (if he sings a solo in 5x19 and not a group number with the elderly people) this entire season.  dryy 

Ireth wrote:Chris sounds good in Story of my Life. Pity they had to make it another unequal duet...though this time there's a reason to have Darren shout over Chris, so that Blaine gets noticed by his sugar mommy.  vomir Darren doesn't sound bad but I've had it up to here with his voice all over the place.
MTE.  rentine 

I'm only still interested in Glee because of Chris' episode. The rest they can throw in the Hudson river along with Sam's change and Mercedes' faux fur coat.

Haven't listened to the other songs yet, and now I have to go and teach. Will look into it after a couple of hours.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/24/2014, 5:40 am

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 - Page 23 Tumblr_n4g8uql9ve1qg25zco2_250  Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 - Page 23 Tumblr_n4g8uql9ve1qg25zco1_250

Stills for 19.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/24/2014, 5:50 am

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 - Page 23 Tumblr_n4igodGmXX1qe476yo2_r1_500

Smile
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/24/2014, 9:40 am

Well... have listened to at least some of the songs for next week (against my better judgement). This is one of the weakest weeks for Glee musically in a very, very long time and it's really showing the major crack in the Glee foundation. When they can't even get the music right, there is a very serious problem.

Story of Our Lives - We all know narratively how this is going to play out so it's not a surprise that in the later half of the song, Kurt fades and Blaine dominates. It's not a surprise but that doesn't change the fact that Blaine dominating their duets has been a significant problems for a long time and now having it fitting a narrative where Kurt again loses to Blaine is just rubbing salt in the wounds. Both of them sound fine, but this is a song well beneath Chris's ability to perform and he's wasted here.

Do Wop - Another song where talented singers are wasted. Naya and Amber are capable of so much more and while it's a fun number (and probably the most engaging of the bunch), it's beneath their talents.

The Rose - It's pretty, but that's about it. This is a song that requires deep connection to the emotion of the song, where the singer has to literally rip their heart open to show the audience what is inside and that is totally absent here. Lea communicates nothing of the soul that is required to make this song engaging and it's a pale copy of Bette's perfomance. This is just showing off focal technique and using tricks to try to mask the fact that there's no heart here. It's absolutely sterile and I felt nothing (when I am normally in tears after listening to Bette's - it's my favorite post-break up song).

Peice of My Heart - I loved Janis and I'll be the first to admit that she wasn't the best voice in the universe. But what she had that made her a riviting performer (even many decades after her death) was the total abandon that she showed in her performances. How she would throw herself in head first and just let everything rip. She didn't focus on hitting notes - she just sang her heart out. This is not just too smooth and lacking even an iota of the grit that's needed, but it's also just sung poorly. I love Shirley M., but even at her best she wasn't a great singer (she was much more known for her dancing). Now she just sounds awful. As for Darren... I really don't have words. He's going through the motions and it just comes across and empty and cheesy and he grasps nothing about the song's meaning. It's as sterile as The Rose, but performed far more poorly. There is no way that this song can try to convince anyone who isn't a die hard Blarren stan that he's a superstar in the making. It's embarassingly bad and I'm really shocked that Glee would put a song like this out for one of it's favored stars.

I'm not looking foward to this episode. Musically it's extremely weak and narratively it's going to do little more than upset me. I'm still going to watch it because I know that Chris will give a standout performance, but expect me to really let the venom loose when it airs.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/24/2014, 11:01 am

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 - Page 23 Tumblr_n4ib7z0W5z1rojy6eo1_250  Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 - Page 23 Tumblr_n4ib7z0W5z1rojy6eo4_250
Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 - Page 23 Tumblr_n4ib7z0W5z1rojy6eo3_250  Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 - Page 23 Tumblr_n4ib7z0W5z1rojy6eo2_250

Stills for 19.

This will be better than Blam.

Enjoy it while it lasts, thanks to Chris.  wub
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/24/2014, 11:40 am

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 - Page 23 Tumblr_n4jegl2SAR1qk78k6o1_500
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 4/24/2014, 12:12 pm

"The Untitled Rachel Berry Project" Episode Description

A quirky Hollywood screenwriter begins to work on ideas for a series based on Rachel’s life, but her hip vision for the script leaves Rachel and the gang feeling nonplussed. Rachel and the gang are dismayed when all - except Brittany - are confused by what they read, prompting Rachel to try and influence some rewrites that more accurately depict who she is.

On the verge of spending several months apart, Mercedes and Sam make a decision about their relationship.

As Blaine prepares to perform in his showcase, he is faced with a tough decision.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/24/2014, 12:19 pm

sheny wrote:
"The Untitled Rachel Berry Project" Episode Description

A quirky Hollywood screenwriter begins to work on ideas for a series based on Rachel’s life, but her hip vision for the script leaves Rachel and the gang feeling nonplussed. Rachel and the gang are dismayed when all - except Brittany - are confused by what they read, prompting Rachel to try and influence some rewrites that more accurately depict who she is.

On the verge of spending several months apart, Mercedes and Sam make a decision about their relationship.

As Blaine prepares to perform in his showcase, he is faced with a tough decision.

That sounds... really, really dumb. I mean seriously... Rachel's had a total of one part and someone wants to use her life's story for a TV show? Really don't care about Rachel's project as it will all turn out golden for her anyway. Looks like Funny Girl is over, at least.

As for Blaine... unless his decision involved insisting that Kurt join him for his showcase since it's Kurt's opportunity that Blaine got, then I don't want to hear about it. And no one cares about Samcedes. I thought that the season 4 finale was awful, but that looks like Tolstoy in comparison with this mess.

*sigh* At least there's only three more weeks and we'll be free of this show for a few months.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/24/2014, 12:41 pm

blinkk 

This show is a social experience how to destroy an award winning successful TV show. Everything else does not make sense.

The professional writers of the show should look into creating FF's. And learn how to tag. Because this summary would deserve "crack".
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 4/24/2014, 12:43 pm

Glee is pretty much a show about Rachel Berry's life and the ratings last night showed how much people care about it. Do we really need a show within the show about Rachel too?   No 

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 4/24/2014, 1:06 pm

I can't help but think that this Rachel TV project was one of the cast off ideas that were heralded as "revolutionary" back before Season 4 started. Ryan decided to go with New ND but back then there was spec he just might have everyone united in a reality TV show.

As to Blaine's big decision; my spec is that since the show has shown him transferring (high school, NY and NYADA) to be near Kurt, this will be a contrived SL to give him an opportunity to put himself "first" (a career offer away from NY) and have Kurt move for him.  Rolling Eyes 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 4/24/2014, 1:25 pm

That was my thought as well. Or then it is the duckling "The Rachel Project" spin-off, strangled by Murphy's ego.

I really don't understand the use of Rachel and her gang. As in who is in her gang that this writer wants to write about, and who wants to bet that Kurt is written most awfully? What kind of eegit writes these things?
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/24/2014, 1:39 pm

The idea that Rachel would be compelling enough to be the inspiration for a tv show when she's still basically an unknown actress with a total of one professional roles to her name (and one that she is apparently going to totally fuck up because of her unreined ambitions) is laughable enough. In reality, scripts for tv pilots are written all the time and the vast majority end up going nowhere. Some may get picked up by a network but never make it to production (which Chris certainly knows). And others get the pilot filmed, but the show never makes it to air. So the idea of a tv show being a launch pad for Rachel to now be a tv star is, to put it gently, a long shot.

But this is Glee with barely has a nodding acquaintence with realism so Rachel will be winning not just a Tony, but a Grammy, a Golden Globe and an Emmy award before next season is over.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 4/24/2014, 2:12 pm

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 - Page 23 Tumblr_n4joknjCxZ1r4ezfzo1_500
Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 - Page 23 Tumblr_n4joknjCxZ1r4ezfzo2_500

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 4/24/2014, 2:18 pm

I"m assuming the source simply forgot to mention Naya.  coool 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/24/2014, 2:18 pm

Ranwing wrote:But this is Glee with barely has a nodding acquaintence with realism so Rachel will be winning not just a Tony, but a Grammy, a Golden Globe and an Emmy award before next season is over.

Rachel will not only win EGGOT at the age of 22 but also win a pulitzer and a noble price in every subject matter. in her later years she will also become a 3-term US president and the first female Jewish Pope, before headed to space abroad "The Enterprise Next Generation". Finally prior to her death upon returning to Earth at the age of 682, she writes a best selling autobiography "There and Back Again" detailing her journey as a schizophrenia who imagined her life of grandeur after failing miserably as an up-and-coming actress.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/24/2014, 3:25 pm

^Sounds about right, lol.

Ranwing wrote:Well... have listened to at least some of the songs for next week (against my better judgement). This is one of the weakest weeks for Glee musically in a very, very long time and it's really showing the major crack in the Glee foundation. When they can't even get the music right, there is a very serious problem.
(---)
I'm not looking foward to this episode. Musically it's extremely weak and narratively it's going to do little more than upset me. I'm still going to watch it because I know that Chris will give a standout performance, but expect me to really let the venom loose when it airs.
Agree with your entire post, Wendy (just edited it for size).

My thoughts on the songs:

Wake Me Up - Rachel:
Nicely sung by Lea, but I’m disappointed they didn’t use the original, more upbeat version. With the slowed down and rather lackluster cover arrangement all the energy is drained from the song.
Now it turned out to be just another umpteenth Rachel slow pop-ish ballad, and after the recent overload of Rachel songs last week (and 2 solos this episode as well!) I’m just not interested enough to muster enough patience to sit through the entirety of this one anymore, let alone buy it.

Doo Wop – Santana+Mercedes:
Two thirds of the Troubletones reunited again. Which is wonderful, but why waste that enormous vocal potential on a rap song like this? Rapping is not their strongest suit and we’re talking soul ladies Amber and Naya here: give them something more melodic/tuneful to dip their chocolate voices in.
Having said that: both did very well on the singing parts of the song.

Story of My Life – Kurt+Blaine:
I’m officially giving up on the so-called Klaine ~’duets’. This one started off promising with Chris singing solo but it quickly became another Blaine solo with Kurt back-up again.
Darren sounds okay, this songstyle fits his voice, so that’s at least something. The little we hear of Chris sounds absolutely divine (including a lovely low harmony) but the fact is that I’ve simply had it up to here with him being pushed to the background and basically being nothing more than a prop all the God. Damn. Time.

Piece of My Heart – Blaine+June:
I will not say you can’t touch a Janis Joplin song, because although she was an awesome and pure emotional performer Janis was not the best singer, so a new interpretation of one of her songs could be interesting, but OMG at least the covering artist should be a better singer than Janis herself.
The Glee version is an embarrassement. Shirley MacLaine is about 80 years old and never was a stellar singer to begin with, but pairing her up with Darren did not help the song one bit either. If this is the song that will launch Blaine’s career I seriously question the social circles his lady benefactress mingles with.
Besides the subpar vocals the Glee version lacks even the bare minimum of emotional connection, and when it comes to Janis Joplin songs that is a mortal sin.

The Rose - Rachel:
Bette Midler’s ‘ The Rose’ is one of the most beautiful songs I know. I’ve heard it a couple of thousand times, sang it myself in public about a hundred times, and it never bores me nor fails to make me tear up.
Besides the lyrics and simple melody to emphasize them, the 2 main factors why ‘The Rose’ is so powerful and emotional are 1) the unadorned way Bette Midler sings it, but full of feeling, letting the words speak for themselves, and 2) the beautiful harmonies that gradually let the song swell and grow in power untill right before the end when it becomes small and intimate again.
Glee took both of these factors away. Lea is a beautiful singer, but when it comes to emotions she is not as emotive powerful as Bette is, and her tendency to sing a bit OTT overshadows the simplicity of the lyrics and melody. ‘The Rose’ is not a musical theatre power ballad to forcefully belt through. This vocal storm (instead of the needed gentle breeze) gets to rage and blow freely on a barren land without the embracing/cushioning harmonies of the original.
Usually I don’t mind Glee switching a song up and giving it a new spin, but ‘The Rose’ is not any usual song. Some things you just don’t temper with.

Guess who’s brand new iTunes gift card will be left untouched and not used this week?
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 4/24/2014, 3:28 pm

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 - Page 23 Tumblr_n4jrq4o93v1ql1znmo1_500Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 - Page 23 Tumblr_n4jrq4o93v1ql1znmo2_500

I'm just....I don't know if this is really funny or tragic. It's going to be...I just don't know.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/24/2014, 3:32 pm

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 - Page 23 Ccc992322559194  Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 - Page 23 16e788322559209
more pics

So Chris wrote that Sam will teach his dog some of these tricks. I like it. Razz 

Ranwing wrote:As for Blaine... unless his decision involved insisting that Kurt join him for his showcase since it's Kurt's opportunity that Blaine got, then I don't want to hear about it. And no one cares about Samcedes. I thought that the season 4 finale was awful, but that looks like Tolstoy in comparison with this mess.
This is about the only scenario that could save Blaine, right?

Lottie2303 wrote:blinkk

This show is a social experience how to destroy an award winning successful TV show. Everything else does not make sense.
Basically.  Shocked 

I thought their writing couldn't get any worse, but apparently they manage to hit new lows every few weeks. This season finale sounds so.....amateurish.
And pleeeez.....Rachel getting a tv show based on her life.  Rolling Eyes
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  angelnessa 4/24/2014, 3:51 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 - Page 23 Tumblr_n4jrq4o93v1ql1znmo1_500Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24 - Page 23 Tumblr_n4jrq4o93v1ql1znmo2_500

I'm just....I don't know if this is really funny or tragic. It's going to be...I just don't know.

Look at the posters in the back. Apparently this is Fox. Just stop with the bleed already, Glee. A lazier bunch of "writers" I've never seen  Rolling Eyes .
angelnessa
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/24/2014, 4:14 pm

^OMG.  ohmy 

Really, Glee, really?   pauly
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/24/2014, 4:23 pm

Buenos wrote:I can't help but think that this Rachel TV project was one of the cast off ideas that were heralded as "revolutionary" back before Season 4 started.  Ryan decided to go with New ND but back then there was spec he just might have everyone united in a reality TV show.

Now you're mentioning this, I think currently Glee is in a continue trial and error process. So it won't take me by surprise if their are lack of ideas and simply are bringing this old ones to see if they work.

Seeing those pictures of Rachel in a room that apparently is Fox office...can this show be more self-reference?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next