Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 22

+27
mindschemez
Divalicious
kac
YaoiChick
Ireth
fantastica
opals
sjonnepon
Lottie2303
bayth
angelnessa
Porcelain
coxfire
brisallie
AnneNeville
valkeakuulas
MoviesAreLife
Glorfindel
Jellyrolls
Georgette888
Ranwing
ChrisColferFan1
Buenos
ChrisColfersLightning
tanita_mors
ColferInspired
sheny
31 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 22 - Page 39 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 22

Post  bayth 3/19/2014, 10:27 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:There's a little five second promo for the next episode floating around tumblr that includes the joyous moment when Blaine gets his NYADA letter.  Of course, everyone is thrilled for Blainey boy and he gets a big hug from Tina (I think it's Tina anyways).

Rolling Eyes 
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 22 - Page 39 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 22

Post  ChrisColferFan1 3/19/2014, 10:44 pm

Do not Plan on watching. The only episodes I plan on watching is Bash and the episode Chris is writing. Hopefully, Blaine will have a hard time in NYADA.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/19/2014, 10:47 pm

You're  not going to watch Kurt in Episode 5.14 in a shirtless leather vest singing "Rock Star" with Elliot?    phr34r
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 3/19/2014, 10:58 pm

Buenos wrote:You're  not going to watch Kurt in Episode 5.14 in a shirtless leather vest singing "Rock Star" with Elliot?    phr34r

I will watched The Kurt Elliot scenes in episode 14. I may DVR the episode and fast forward to the Kurt Elliot scenes,
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/19/2014, 11:40 pm

I am on my iPad and can't post it right now, but there is an amazing picture of Kurt and Elliot on tumbler right now. Someone is that the post it because the chemistry is off the charts.

Damn glee
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 22 - Page 39 Empty StarKurt picture

Post  TimF 3/20/2014, 12:04 am

Jellyrolls wrote:I am on my iPad and can't post it right now, but there is an amazing picture of Kurt and Elliot on tumbler right now. Someone is that the post it because the chemistry is off the charts.

Damn glee

Must be this one:

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 22 - Page 39 Image13}

Super hot.
TimF
TimF
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColfersLightning 3/20/2014, 1:22 am

All I want is Chris episodes, it would please me and have me leave Glee once and for all cause Glee WILL be cancelled, no ifs ands or butts, Glee has failed to get hyped even with the expensive hyped up 100th episode, so yeah, after I get to see Chris episode I am fine with Glee dying  suure 
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColfersLightning
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/20/2014, 1:50 am

bayth wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:There's a little five second promo for the next episode floating around tumblr that includes the joyous moment when Blaine gets his NYADA letter.  Of course, everyone is thrilled for Blainey boy and he gets a big hug from Tina (I think it's Tina anyways).

Rolling Eyes 

It's interesting because that sort of stuff for Blaine doesn't bother me at all, if anything it just seems kind of sad the show can't be bothered to give him a NYADA journey.

Rachel's SLs are predictable but what makes her different is that she cares so much, she feels sooo much and as maddening as her constant successes are, they're sort of tempered for me because of her overwhelming insecurities and flaws.  

Kurt OTOH gets few successes but the inner strength and core beliefs he has makes it believable that any setback is temporary, and once again he cares so much. What I find amusing is that some fans will complain that Kurt being a constant "victim" robs him of depth of character, fair enough, though many of these same fans relish Blaine's constant string of wins and don't think that robs him of development, ironic no?

With Blaine it's like Rachel/Kurt redux.  He gets Rachel success ( more so in some ways) but there is absolutely zero journey and the character is such a cypher that it almost seems as his wins don't matter to him.  He doesn't seen to care passionately about anything (other than getting Kurt), it's all some fuzzy wave of constant wins that it's one big meh.

Santana is a little different because she's still trying to figure out her path and journey.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/20/2014, 2:08 am

What I liked in that video Chris said maybe to Adam coming back.

If after 14 Kurt and Elliott are still friends, but off screen, I will be sort of happy as I would like to continue to see more of their friendship.

Usually these summaries are all over the place.

I think the vigil could be at the beginning of the episode, then we go onto Rachel and Mercedes stories, then back to Kurt's.

They did this with Grilled Cheesus and it worked.

And really that summary about Kurt could have been written better with more information.  dryy 

That is like saying he is the targeted victim, when he isn't. Says nothing about helping someone or anything.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/20/2014, 2:55 am

fortunately, [the fans] are going to get very upset because [Klaine] are going to go through some ups and downs in their relationship, and I know they always like it just to be at a very steady, steady level of happiness but they’re definitely going to be going through some ups and downs."
Chris Colfer on what’s coming up for Klaine
It's fascinating that when Chris says things like this he gets a barrage of criticisms and yells of "tain't true!".  I suspect he knows this  fandom better then then they realize, for all the claims that he's not "vested" in Klaine.

IMO he senses (rightly) their allegiance/fandom  to him is tenuous at best.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 3/20/2014, 3:19 am

Glorfindel wrote:
EXTENDED SUMMARY:
With opening night of Funny Girl rapidly approaching - and despite the producer’s concerns - Rachel is granted one night off of rehearsals so she can complete her NYADA “Midwinter Critique” for the much feared and revered Carmen Tibideaux. When her performance doesn’t go quite as planned, Rachel finds herself facing an important decision that pits her education against her career. After the close proximity of Sam and Mercedes’ living arrangements leads to the seemingly inevitable hook-up, he tries once again to rekindle their romance. But Mercedes - despite her clear attraction to Sam – hesitates, worried about how dating (as one of her backup singers puts it) “a white, unemployed dude she met in her high school Glee Club” may adversely affect her public image and burgeoning recording career. Meanwhile, Kurt gets a harsh lesson in the difference between life in high school and in the real world when he butts up against an all-too-familiar enemy, but he makes an important realization about himself in the process.

Rachel will stalk Carmen again and get a second chance to fascinate her so the school/career dilemma will disappear.

Mercedes and Rachel's storylines should be in the first half of ep.15 and then the second half should be about Kurt's. Otherwise the girls may look bad for worrying about their love life/school problems while their best friend is in a hospital after a hate crime.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 3/20/2014, 4:50 am

I do still think the attack will be a cliffhanger so Rachel and Mercedes might not know at that point. What was following ep. 16 called again? Oh yes, Tested. Or was that 14?
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/20/2014, 5:49 am

Buenos wrote:
bayth wrote:

Rolling Eyes 

It's interesting because that sort of stuff for Blaine doesn't bother me at all, if anything it just seems kind of sad the show can't be bothered to give him a NYADA journey.

Rachel's SLs are predictable but what makes her different is that she cares so much, she feels sooo much and as maddening as her constant successes are, they're sort of tempered for me because of her overwhelming insecurities and flaws.  

Kurt OTOH gets few successes but the inner strength and core beliefs he has makes it believable that any setback is temporary, and once again he cares so much. What I find amusing is that some fans will complain that Kurt being a constant "victim" robs him of depth of character, fair enough, though many of these same fans relish Blaine's constant string of wins and don't think that robs him of development, ironic no?

With Blaine it's like Rachel/Kurt redux.  He gets Rachel success ( more so in some ways) but there is absolutely zero journey and the character is such a cypher that it almost seems as his wins don't matter to him.  He doesn't seen to care passionately about anything (other than getting Kurt), it's all some fuzzy wave of constant wins that it's one big meh.

Santana is a little different because she's still trying to figure out her path and journey.

Exactly. It not at all unexpected for Blaine to get admitted, but there's absolutely no real emotional payoff because unlike Kurt and Rachel (and everyone knows how I felt about how the season 3 NYADA storyline panned out), there was absolutely nothing invested into Blaine's "journey". With Kurt and Rachel, we saw their angst and determination and fear and joy - we invested time, blood, sweat and tears and their NYADA stories had at least some kind of meaning. With Blaine, who they couldn't even bother to show his audition because there was no way for Darren to give a credible audition that could match anything that Lea and Chris could do, and he spent more time angsting over losing his Kurt puppet than he did about his NYADA application. There is no payoff because there's no investment.

Blaine is the kind of character who just drifts through life and stuff happens. He's not an active character, and he's the kind of person that succeeds despite lesser talent. If anyone ever read the comic strip Doonesbury (great political humor), the writer liked to draw former US vice President Dan Quayle as a feather. A bit of fluff that just drifted through life and had accomplishments far beyond what his intelligence and talent would justify. That's Blaine, for me. He's the Dan Quayle of Glee.

Blaine is going to NYADA because.... They need an extra body there. With Rachel now doing Funny Girl, they can't leave the school for just Kurt (because then the universe will implode or something) so they have to stick Blaine there. He won't have any real stories and unlike Kurt who genuinely feels and wants things, Blaine will just continue to drift through life and have good things come to him. It's not worth it to me to get worked up over.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/20/2014, 6:05 am

One single narrative with a stripped down cast is going to reveal a lot.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/20/2014, 7:16 am

TimF wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:I am on my iPad and can't post it right now, but there is an amazing picture of Kurt and Elliot on tumbler right now. Someone is that the post it because the chemistry is off the charts.

Damn glee

Must be this one:

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 22 - Page 39 Image13}

Super hot.

Yes, that is the one (and I've moved it to the correct thread now). Yummy yummy.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/20/2014, 7:33 am

“Blaine has a whole lot of things that are flipping on its head, so he’s no longer the alpha that he thought he was in high school.”
— Darren Criss, talking about Blaine in NYC. (via staceysthings)

There were ones saying that Kurt could be the one gaining success at Nyada, and point out Kurt has had it better in New York than he has ever had in Lima, which is a fact.

He did win the Midnight Madness over Rachel.

If this is Blaine not getting what he wants, then I am all for it.

Maybe Kurt does not get rid of Elliott, leaving the door open for Adam if he wants to return?
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/20/2014, 7:46 am

I've been saying for a long time that Blaine having a tough time in NY would be a good thing for Blaine--it would add depth to the character, and could actually make him interesting. Let Blaine struggle with what it's like to be in Kurt's shadow instead of the other way around. You know that would make Blaine extremely jealous.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/20/2014, 8:04 am

^I agree, but I think the chance of that happening on Glee is somewhere below 1%. dryy 
(Unless Chris is writing that episode, lol.)

I think that's Rachel?  unsure 

Anyway: Blaine can get into NYADA on his first try all he wants, but the fact remains that Glee, not even sugardaddy Ry-Ry, dared to show Darren's audition to the viewers, when we saw both of Kurt's auditions.
That knowledge will always warm my heart.  suspectt 

Ranwing wrote:Exactly. It not at all unexpected for Blaine to get admitted, but there's absolutely no real emotional payoff because unlike Kurt and Rachel (and everyone knows how I felt about how the season 3 NYADA storyline panned out), there was absolutely nothing invested into Blaine's "journey". With Kurt and Rachel, we saw their angst and determination and fear and joy - we invested time, blood, sweat and tears and their NYADA stories had at least some kind of meaning. With Blaine, who they couldn't even bother to show his audition because there was no way for Darren to give a credible audition that could match anything that Lea and Chris could do, and he spent more time angsting over losing his Kurt puppet than he did about his NYADA application. There is no payoff because there's no investment.
Yup.  hapitgh
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 3/20/2014, 8:24 am

Jellyrolls wrote:I've been saying for a long time that Blaine having a tough time in NY would be a good thing for Blaine--it would add depth to the character, and could actually make him interesting.  Let Blaine struggle with what it's like to be in Kurt's shadow instead of the other way around.  You know that would make Blaine extremely jealous.

Agree. Maybe it would help Blaine grow up a bit.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/20/2014, 8:56 am

Glorfindel wrote:^I agree, but I think the chance of that happening on Glee is somewhere below 1%. dryy 

Anyway: Blaine can get into NYADA on his first try all he wants, but the fact remains that Glee, not even sugardaddy Ry-Ry, dared to show Darren's audition to the viewers, when we saw both of Kurt's auditions.
That knowledge will always warm my heart. :

My first thought was that it was Rachel, but I thought that might have been a Tina dress. I really don't know. I guess we will know for sure when we see the momentous occasion. I will laugh so hard if blainey boy gets a hug from Rachel or his hag and not from the man who is way too good for him.

The only reason the audience believes Blaine is worthy of getting into NYADA is because it has been beaten into our heads repeatedly that he is the greatest performer in the uniververse for three years. But anyone with ears knows that a limited performer like Blaine wouldn't get into a school so exclusive that it only accepts 20 students a year. Canon Blaine is the cream of the crop, but what we see is really bottom of the barrel.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/20/2014, 9:58 am

Glorfindel wrote:^I agree, but I think the chance of that happening on Glee is somewhere below 1%. dryy 

That knowledge will always warm my heart.  suspectt 

It's like they did with Rachel's dancing where there was a real divorce between what the character is supposed to be capable of and what the actor is actually able to deliver. For all the talk about how much dance training Rachel has had, 99% of her dances have been walking or skipping to her marks and posing because Lea is fortunate to be able to walk across a flat surface without stumbling. The show can talk all they want about what an amazing performer Blaine is, but Darren is, at best, medicore and the majority of the audience knows it.

Besides, the whole conceit of NYADA accepting only the best of the best of the best was shot when Rachel's botched audition still got her in, and then killed outright in ep one of season four when we met block of wood Brody and the Ave Maria girl that should never have been admitted in the first place (and got kicked out on the first day). The idea that Blaine would get admitted when Jesse and Elliot (both of whom can perform rings around him) didn't and Kurt had to audition twice just shows how much of a hash they made of the whole thing.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/20/2014, 10:48 am

I was doing some thinking about why out of the two male gay characters on the show that it's Kurt who's the one going to be beaten up. I don't think it's anywhere nearly as simple as the writers having this thing about abusing the effeminate gay guy. A big part of it, I honestly believe, is because if the show is going to try to tackle a storyline like this, it only makes sense to put it in the hands of the one actor who has the chops to pull it off (regardless of how awful the script might be). Chris is such an outstanding actor that he can make pretty much anything work and let's be honest... the last time the show entrusted Darren with any kind of real dramatic scene it was such a laughable mess that I'm not surprised that they wouldn't risk it again.

But it also makes sense from a story-telling perspective given Kurt's character, with both his nature and experiences. Kurt has never been one to shy away from a confrontation. He stood up for both himself and others repeatedly. Blaine, on the other hand, does not handle confrontation well and nearly always tries to avoid it (even when the consequences of avoidance end up being worse). Kurt is simply a braver person, and a far more emotionally strong one so it make sense to have him being the one to run into the alley when he hears someone screaming for help.

And then I look at Kurt's experiences and how they differ from Blaine's. Both of them have been physically assaulted in their pasts, but Kurt's expereinces are markedly different. At least as far as we know, Blaine's abuse was a single event, after which he was removed from his old school and sent to Dalton. And even after he came to McKinley, a school that wasn't exactly LGBT friendly, he was never harassed or insulted for being gay. So there is no reason to believe that his problems extended beyond a single incident.

Kurt, on the other hand, was abused and harassed on a repeated basis for years. He was physically assaulted at school on multiple occasions and harassed at his home with threatening phone calls and vandalism. He had balloons filled with urine thrown at him. He was threatened repeatedly with physical harm and even death. This goes well beyond what Blaine endured. But what makes some of these incidents worse is that some of them happened in full view of witnesses. How many times did we see Kurt shoved into a locker in full view of other students and no one tried to offer assistance or come to his defense? Or when he was cornered by the dumpsters by Finn and the football jocks and a teacher (Mr. Schu) blithely walks by with a comment about how Kurt seems to be making new friends before he was thrown into the garbage. How many times was Kurt assaulted when no one came to help him?

So it makes sense that out of anyone in the show, that it's Kurt who would refuse to stand aside while someone else is in danger. Because he knows what it's like to be in need of help and have no one be willing to lift a finger, even if he ends up putting himself at risk in the process. After all, this is the same guy who was willing to stand up to Azimo and Karofsky when they shoved Tina even though they could have broken him like a twig.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 3/20/2014, 11:14 am

I think the most upsetting thing about the Bash episode and Kurt getting beaten up are the physical signs. I mean Kurt must have had physical injuries (bruises, cuts etc.) from the abuse at McKinley but this is the first time we're going to see the horrible injuries on Kurt. He cannot physically hide them and he can't emotionally hide it because presumably he ends up in hospital.

The more I think about the long term injuries that canon Kurt might get from this terrifiyes me. I know Glee might not dwell on it in the future but we as Kurtsies know it. Good fanfiction writers must take that into account. And first most I think Chris will take this on board for Kurt's characterisation. And it's a big burden to carry for a long time. unsure
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sjonnepon 3/20/2014, 11:35 am

Jellyrolls wrote:I've been saying for a long time that Blaine having a tough time in NY would be a good thing for Blaine--it would add depth to the character, and could actually make him interesting.  Let Blaine struggle with what it's like to be in Kurt's shadow instead of the other way around.  You know that would make Blaine extremely jealous.

I can't really care any less about Blaine's Nyada struggles, because we know, just like with Rachel, that in the end he will 'win" like a broadway leadrole or something.
The only one who just struggles and struggles and struggles is the character that needs to learn a lifelesson by getting a brick slapped in his face and no win in the end of course. Oh wait. The engagement.
sjonnepon
sjonnepon
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/20/2014, 11:59 am

I have no doubt that Chris can convey Kurt's willingness to enter the fray to help someone.

What I'm curious is how Burt will react; will he get papa paternalistic and insist Kurt move back to Lima?   I can't see that but I'm hoping they get a tender father/son moment.

Ranwing, character-wise sure it makes some  narrative sense to have Kurt the one involved in a fracas.  

Kurt gets a harsh lesson in the difference between life in high school and in the real world when he butts up against an all-too-familiar enemy, but he makes an important realization about himself in the process.

Per the summary I'm not quite sure what Kurt realizes about himself after the incident. Wonder if he get more politically active.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next