Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5x11 "City of Angels" Watch & Discussion thread

+13
Kurt addict
Divalicious
ColferInspired
bayth
TimF
fantastica
brisallie
YaoiChick
Buenos
Ranwing
ChrisColferFan1
Jellyrolls
tanita_mors
17 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

5x11 "City of Angels" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_lcap5%5x11 "City of Angels" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
5x11 "City of Angels" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_lcap0%5x11 "City of Angels" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
5x11 "City of Angels" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_lcap0%5x11 "City of Angels" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
5x11 "City of Angels" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_lcap11%5x11 "City of Angels" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_rcap 11% 
[ 2 ]
5x11 "City of Angels" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_lcap11%5x11 "City of Angels" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_rcap 11% 
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
5x11 "City of Angels" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_lcap53%5x11 "City of Angels" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_rcap 53% 
[ 10 ]

Total Votes : 19

5x11 "City of Angels" Watch & Discussion thread Empty 5x11 "City of Angels" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  tanita_mors 3/3/2014, 3:14 pm

"City of Angels"

5x11 "City of Angels" Watch & Discussion thread 1d38007b_tumblr_lh52r8FFry1qhwx3io1_500

5x11 "City of Angels" Watch & Discussion thread 1380753444735

"GLEE" - (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) CC-AD-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

IT'S NOW OR NEVER FOR THE GLEE CLUB ON AN ALL-NEW "GLEE" TUESDAY, MARCH 11, ON FOX

Marlee Matlin ("Switched at Birth"), Jackée Harry ("Sister, Sister"), Skylar Astin ("Pitch Perfect") and YouTube Sensation Johanna Rohrback Guest-Star

The members of New Directions travel to sunny Los Angeles to compete in Nationals, and bring with them two very special guests in the all-new "City of Angels" episode of GLEE airing on Tuesday, March 11 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GLE-511) (TV-14 D, L)

Cast: Matthew Morrison as Will Schuester; Lea Michele as Rachel Berry; Chris Colfer as Kurt Hummel; Kevin McHale as Artie; Jenna Ushkowitz as Tina; Naya Rivera as Santana Lopez; Darren Criss as Blaine Anderson; Chord Overstreet as Sam Evans; Jacob Artist as Jake Puckerman; Melissa Benoist as Marley Rose; Becca Tobin as Kitty Wilde; Alex Newell as Wade "Unique" Adams; Blake Jenner as Ryder Lynn; and Lauren Potter as Becky Jackson.

Guest Cast: Amber Riley as Mercedes Jones; Mike O'Malley as Burt Hummel; Romy Rosemont as Carole Hudson-Hummel; NeNe Leakes as Coach Roz Washington; Skylar Astin as Jean-Baptiste; Marlee Matlin as Herself; Jackée Harry as Herself; Johanna Rohrback as Herself.
You all know what to do.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

5x11 "City of Angels" Watch & Discussion thread Empty Re: 5x11 "City of Angels" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Jellyrolls 3/11/2014, 8:44 pm

16 minutes until what I am predicting to be the worst Glee episode ever.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

5x11 "City of Angels" Watch & Discussion thread Empty Re: 5x11 "City of Angels" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  ChrisColferFan1 3/11/2014, 8:49 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:16 minutes until what I am predicting to be the worst Glee episode ever.

I think you may be right on it being the worst Glee episode ever. If not the worst then in the top 5.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/11/2014, 8:52 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:16 minutes until what I am predicting to be the worst Glee episode ever.

Worse than Dynamic Duets of Shooting Star? That's a high (or low) bar to reach.

Just want you all to know that I'm watching this under duress. Expect me to have a real potty mouth tonight.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/11/2014, 9:03 pm

Other schools had a Rachel or a Kurt? Go to hell, Mr. Schu.

Oh gods... here comes the depressing bullshit.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/11/2014, 9:04 pm

Blaine, if you love LA, please do us all a favor and stay there!
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/11/2014, 9:12 pm

Mr. Schue, you are an idiot. Sam is no Finn, and your current new Directions aren't misfits (because apparently you can dress like Blaine and still not get your ass kicked in a public high school).

OK, so in the Glee time line, it's probably less than a month since Finn died, and Burt and Carole are this composed? OK. And I still have issues with them having time to go to Nationals now, but not when their kids were actually in it.

Darren doesn't sound like Darren on I Love LA.

I rode in one of the starline busses when I went to LA.

Kanye, Kim, and Ryan should be insulted that Glee used them in this episode.

Amber is actually very good in this scene. I actually think she gained some confidence on Dancing with the Stars.

Of course Blaine has to know everything about every show choir. Jean Baptiste knows who Blaine is? Is he gay? You think Blaine will screw him?

"That was tense." That line delivery by Darren had me snort it was so bad.

Big no no. Leaving the children unattended so that a boy can go into a girl's room. What is the point of this scene. These people are out of here. Who cares what is happening with Ryder and Marley. Melissa looks kind of old with this.

Don't have to worry about accounting club interfering with Glee club. Glee will be gone.

Oh, look, sneaking into a theatre. It was done better at the NY Nationals.

Chord actually isn't bad in this scene. I'm telling you, he is a good supporting actor. He can bring his acting up when he isn't opposite Darren or Heather.

So, is throat explosion going to steal the Finn picture, and that is what Sam will be looking for?
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/11/2014, 9:17 pm

I feel like the showrunners should be paying me to watch this shit. Or at least compensate me for the neuron damage that I'm now suffering.

I am so tired of sad sack wet mop Marly. So her song didn't win a contest and she's just going to ditch everything. That's just the kind of determination we need in this world. What is it with this crowd that no one can overcome any kind of setback without having someone blow sunshine up their asses.

Burt and Carol are the only things worth watching in this ep. And I hate the fact that they're using them to try to manipulate me into feeling something.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/11/2014, 9:20 pm

ITUNE Placements:

1500 top singles:

Zero so far.... phr34r 

1500 album sales
56.  "City of Angels".

JFC, no songs have cracked the top 1500 ?  Oh Glee how though has fallen...

Last edited by Buenos on 3/11/2014, 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/11/2014, 9:21 pm

Burt & Carole are in a room with Sam and Jenna? That's weird.

Aww. Poor Carole. She is a hurt mama. Burt is sweet, being so supportive of Carole.

So, now I'm supposed to care about Jake and Ryder? Waste of screen time. Pointless.

All of you will be without Glee club soon, Ryder. hehe.

Ugh. This is so stupid. What a waste.

I called it. Finn's plaque is missing. I'm sure Jean Baptiste has it.

Oh wow, someone remembered that they lost sectionals about 15 months ago on the episode.

This Sam being a leader thing is weird because he's been such an idiot the past year and a half.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/11/2014, 9:22 pm

This is me watching this episode.

5x11 "City of Angels" Watch & Discussion thread Tumblr_n29uai6poj1qgkj12o1_500

At least Kurt and Rachel are getting mentioned, but this is an hour of time wasted, trying to make me give a flying fuck about the group that nearly killed Glee. The only way they can salvage this ep is if their bus gets lost in the desert and they stumble across a meth deal and their bodies are found months later buried in shallow graves.

Except for Artie, Kitty and Unique. They can escape.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/11/2014, 9:30 pm

Those announcements were stupid. Watch out for terrorists? People will be laughing at you walk?

Jackee as a judge? And only these writers would have a deaf judge? I can't believe Marliee Martin did it.

That' right, Burt & Carole. Leave. You don't need to see that crap singing. Finn will understand.

Throat Explosions masks are creepy. Their performance was very visually pleasing, though. Good movements. I like the costume change. The Prancercise lady is creepy. Sklar does have a nice voice. He has some nice tone in there that adds so much character to his singing.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/11/2014, 9:32 pm

Wendy, you still watching this crap with me?
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/11/2014, 9:33 pm

The masks were copies of the ones used for Kilroy Was here (the Styx album that Mr. Roboto is taken from). The Throat Explosion performance was the one halfway decent thing in this pathetic ep.

Think that we can file a class action suit against the show runners for emotional and mental trauma?
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/11/2014, 9:34 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Wendy, you still watching this crap with me?

Unfortunately. You so owe me for this!  vomit2 
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/11/2014, 9:37 pm

Gee, how could New Directions lose with those sub-par vocals and amateur hour choreography? Boggles the mind...
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/11/2014, 9:43 pm

You're not here to win, Schue. You are here to suck.

Ugh. Those kids aren't Finn's legacy. They suck too much to be Finn's Legacy.

More than a feeling=That awkward moment when Blaine has more intimacy and chemistry with the girl who vaporaped him than the man he wants to marry.

More the a Feeling sucked. It makes me feel contempt for all these horrible people.

God how can they have done America with absolutely no energy. This is just horrible.

So how would any of these kids have known what Finn's favorite songs are?

I didn't realize it was Chord on the beginning of Still Havent' Found What I'm looking for.

You know, this episode is just away to give Blaine the chance to sing in memory of Finn since they left him out of the Quarterback.

I have to say that having a Finn tribute thing without Rachel and Kurt involved sucks.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/11/2014, 9:45 pm

Ranwing wrote:

Who owes me?
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/11/2014, 9:46 pm

The whole Finn tribute felt really, really manipulative and I don't like being manipulated. Trading on my fondness for Finn isn't going to make me care about this lot who weren't fit to polish the shoes of the original ND group.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/11/2014, 9:46 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
Ranwing wrote:

Who owes me?

I say we sue Ryan Murphy.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 3/11/2014, 9:50 pm

No Kurt and Rachel scene?
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/11/2014, 9:50 pm

Oh, lets prop up Marley. Right before we fire her.

I'm actually impressed with Amber in this episode. She's doing so well in this episode. She is delivering her lines with more confidence, and just doing so well.

Yay Thorat Explosion! You deserved it! New Directions didn't even deserve second place.

Oh, poor woobie Blwaine Boy is sad. Wah.

Felt bad for Artie. He looked so sad.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/11/2014, 9:51 pm

They got mentioned a few times, but you didn't even see them in the Finn flashbacks.

In other news... BWAAHHHH!!!! ND lost! Not exactly a surprise, but oh so satisfying.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/11/2014, 9:51 pm

ChrisColferFan1 wrote:No    Kurt and Rachel  scene?

Not yet.

Maybe we'll get a quick scene of Kurt comforting Blaine, and telling him Finn would be proud of him.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/11/2014, 9:52 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
Oh, poor woobie Blwaine Boy is sad.  Wah.

That along was worth sitting through this crap for.

This was hate watching in its purest form.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next