Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11

+32
TimF
Sebastian Smythe
Lottie2303
sjonnepon
M&M
Ireth
Delight
Ranwing
SippyCupofLuv
valkeakuulas
Divalicious
bayth
Kurt addict
angelnessa
tanita_mors
sheny
JamieRulz
coxfire
opals
ChrisColferFan1
AnneNeville
Porcelain
ColferInspired
Georgette888
Buenos
brisallie
Glorfindel
YaoiChick
ChrisColfersLightning
MoviesAreLife
Jellyrolls
fantastica
36 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11 - Page 37 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11

Post  brisallie 6/12/2014, 9:37 pm

I can't see the video. But I read some comments and at this point only Darren stans worships him, other people just believe his girlfriend is pushing him a little bit too much.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11 - Page 37 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11

Post  fantastica 6/12/2014, 10:30 pm

^ she probably works a lot harder than he does.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 6/12/2014, 10:33 pm

Naya said due to "politics" her album was stalled and she was looking forward to her last year on Glee.

If anybody needs an outside project to boost her image is my girl Naya, Glee is not going to help her at all at this point.

I will say I'm so freaking tired of how the women actors are portrayed as Divas or bitches , it's not their fault they don't have a penis.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 6/13/2014, 4:10 am

Jellyrolls wrote:Sometimes you have to just shake your head:
Wow, don't they even grasp how embarrassing this promotion from his girlfriend looks? Or is Darren (and I have to include Mia in this as well) so fame-hungry that he just doesn't care anymore how he gets into the spotlight, as long as he gets there?
(don't answer that: I think I know)

But seriously: he's not that stupid, and his PR team certainly isn't. They must somehow realize that this pimping and attention-whoring is mostly generating a negative effect now, right?  saispa 
I understand that negative publicity is also publicity, but this is not negative publicity perse, but more positive publicity that has as a result that people are getting more than fed up with Darren being shoved down their throats.

Ranwing wrote:(---) Lea's been busy with her album promotion... (---)
BTW: has anyone heard any definite plans and info from her 'worldwide' summer tour yet?

Her team needs to get out the word fast and present some dates and places if they want enough people being able to show up on any of those promotion concerts/interviews.
As shown with Chris' booktours these fan events need ample planning and preparation, like fans getting the day off from their jobs and/or asking their parents to go with them, plus organizing transport and such to get there.

brisallie wrote:I can't see the video. But I read some comments and at this point only Darren stans worships him, other people just believe his girlfriend is pushing him a little bit too much.
One of the few times I'm actually glad that a video was region limited.  moque

Talking about embarrassing, Chris isn't the only one who Blarrenstans want their idol to be latched on to:

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11 - Page 37 Tumblr_n70pdqW1k21qa8rqwo3_250  Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11 - Page 37 Tumblr_n70pdqW1k21qa8rqwo1_250

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11 - Page 37 Tumblr_n70pdqW1k21qa8rqwo2_250  Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11 - Page 37 Tumblr_n70pdqW1k21qa8rqwo4_250
x  xx

Tyler Hoechlin (Teen Wolf) is such a sweetheart, trying to make this fan happy, but oy.....  blinkk

Lol:
"We're not friends because I don't like the guy, I've never met him."  ptdr
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 6/13/2014, 5:50 am

Glorfindel wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:Sometimes you have to just shake your head:
Wow, don't they even grasp how embarrassing this promotion from his girlfriend looks? Or is Darren (and I have to include Mia in this as well) so fame-hungry that he just doesn't care anymore how he gets into the spotlight, as long as he gets there?
(don't answer that: I think I know)

But seriously: he's not that stupid, and his PR team certainly isn't. They must somehow realize that this pimping and attention-whoring is mostly generating a negative effect now, right?  saispa 
I understand that negative publicity is also publicity, but this is not negative publicity perse, but more positive publicity that has as a result that people are getting more than fed up with Darren being shoved down their throats.

BTW: has anyone heard any definite plans and info from her 'worldwide' summer tour yet?

Her team needs to get out the word fast and present some dates and places if they want enough people being able to show up on any of those promotion concerts/interviews.
As shown with Chris' booktours these fan events need ample planning and preparation, like fans getting the day off from their jobs and/or asking their parents to go with them, plus organizing transport and such to get there.

brisallie wrote:I can't see the video. But I read some comments and at this point only Darren stans worships him, other people just believe his girlfriend is pushing him a little bit too much.
One of the few times I'm actually glad that a video was region limited.  moque

Talking about embarrassing, Chris isn't the only one who Blarrenstans want their idol to be latched on to:

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11 - Page 37 Tumblr_n70pdqW1k21qa8rqwo3_250  Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11 - Page 37 Tumblr_n70pdqW1k21qa8rqwo1_250

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11 - Page 37 Tumblr_n70pdqW1k21qa8rqwo2_250  Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11 - Page 37 Tumblr_n70pdqW1k21qa8rqwo4_250
x  xx

Tyler Hoechlin (Teen Wolf) is such a sweetheart, trying to make this fan happy, but oy.....  blinkk

Lol:

Matt Morrison's Halloween party last year had some of the cast of Teen Wolf and Arrow there as well.

Darren wasn't there I don't think.

And really, I cannot see this ever happening.

Desperate Blarren stans be desperate.

Grant was there as there were pics of him and Colton Haynes, who is also on Arrow and used to be on Teen Wolf.

Wonder if any of these casts met Chris?

As I am sure Grant would have talked to Chris some time during the night.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 6/13/2014, 6:00 am

Glorfindel wrote:

I haven't heard anything at all, and as I've said previously, if they don't have venues booked at this stage, then there is no tour. Summer is the busiest time for musical venues with all the touring acts and all the desirable venues have been booked for months. As Marie pointed out, it takes time to work out the logistics of even a small book-signing tour and you want to get word out as early as possible so that people can make arrangements to attend. You can't wait until the last second to make announcements.

There is also the option that her "tour" may mean a few dates of performing as a opening act for another more established performer, but eve so the dates would have been announced for any summer performances by now. You would expect that her PR team would be trying to publicize her show dates as much as possible at this stage and hearing nothing leads me to believe that the tour has been nixed for this summer. It's possible that album and single sales were not strong enough to support a tour (being that the label would be footing the bill), or that Lea just wants the down time before she starts production on Glee. Unfortunately I think that the time to capitalize on whatever success the album has had and build on it is fading rapidly.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 6/13/2014, 8:54 am

The Tyler Hoechlin gifset truly amuses me so much! I just love that guy anyway. But him not knowing how Darren is, really is the icing of the cake. And obviously Tyler tries to appease the interviewer. He always does.  wub 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 6/13/2014, 9:33 am

Lottie2303 wrote:The Tyler Hoechlin gifset truly amuses me so much! I just love that guy anyway. But him not  knowing how Darren is, really is the icing of the cake. And obviously Tyler tries to appease the interviewer. He always does.  wub 

This is exactly what the Blarren stans really fail to grasp - that outside of the Glee/Starkids bubble, not too many people really know (or care) who Darren Criss is. He hasn't done anything really outside of Glee to make a name for himself. His fans like to point at his 3 week stint on Broadway and miss the point that he got that only because he was currently in a popular tv show and not because he's some kind of big deal in the theater world. He gets lots of gigs because he's got a very good and active PR team, not because he's being so highly sought out. Even his "sold out" tour last summer can't be really seperated from Glee as he played only a few very small venues (we're not talking about thousands of seats per show). With no sign of his album ever getting released (all we keep hearing is that he's working on it), no real acting award nominations or wins and no success playing a part outside of Blaine Anderson, Darren is hardly the huge deal that his fans keep insisting that he is.

So the conceit on their parts that other actors not involved with Glee will know who Darren is and want to be around him is pretty amusing.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 6/13/2014, 10:08 am

Lottie2303 wrote:The Tyler Hoechlin gifset truly amuses me so much! I just love that guy anyway. But him not  knowing how Darren is, really is the icing of the cake. And obviously Tyler tries to appease the interviewer. He always does.  wub 
I just binge-watched the 2nd season of Teen Wolf (starting on season 3 next week) and I'm seriously developing warm feelings for Tyler/Derek. How can someone be so badass and "aww"-cute at the same time?  fanny2
Although I kinda love Dylan/Stiles a lot too (he really reminds me a lot of Chris/Kurt, even when they're quite different, which is a bit strange but they're both just such expressive actors... and also awkward, nerdy and cute  Smile ).
And Allison's dad has the brightest eyes and the sexiest low voice ever. (yes, I'm shallow)  blushh 

Asking about another actor of a different show while interviewing an actor when he's doing press for his own show (at a rival network even) is like asking for a Mcflurry at a Kentucky Fried Chicken. Tsk.  Mad
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 6/13/2014, 10:43 am

I know this forum is for Chris, but I want to chime in my love of Tyler and Dylan from Teen Wolf. Things.are.so different when the creator gives a crap about a show, and you have actors that love each other. They are the biggest fans of each other. You don't see shameless self promotion there. I also have drawn a lot of similarities between Chris and Dylan myself.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 6/13/2014, 10:56 am

Dylan and Chris totally have to play brothers/cousins one day, because they look so similar! Both are also so talented!

Don't start with the missing Dylan/Tyler scenes on TW in the last season. All because MTV hates Sterek that much with a passion and systematically try to destroy it. But TW is oh so open-minded. I will stop now  Suspect 

Tyler I call my future husband. I usually do not really objectify actors. Like I love Chris to pieces, but I do not see him as a sex symbol. Same with Dylan. I totally see their appeal and they are very beautiful young men, but I admire their talent. Tyler I want to climb like a tree. Which, well, shocks even me  ptdr 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 6/13/2014, 11:49 am

I became a TW fan by accident - my Tumblr dash got overwhelmed with lots of Sterek and I couldn't resist checking the show out. Admittedly I'm more a fan of the fandom than I am of the show itself, but I have a real soft spot for Stiles (who is beyond adorable).

Still chuckling over the Darren stans thinking that Tyler should be falling over himself to be Darren's friend. And having their arrogance shot down so soundly.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 6/13/2014, 11:55 am

Teen Wolf fan and adore Stiles.

I love Lydia and the new girl Kira.

I really just love the whole cast.  wub
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 6/13/2014, 12:13 pm

I am a "Teen Wolf " virgin! Never have seen an episode, I guess I need to binge watch the past seasons...
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 6/13/2014, 1:30 pm

Ranwing:This is exactly what the Blarren stans really fail to grasp - that outside of the Glee/Starkids bubble, not too many people really know (or care) who Darren Criss is. He hasn't done anything really outside of Glee to make a name for himself.

The dirty secret is that none of the Glee actors is a genuine "superstar", nothing wrong with that as those celebrities are rare as it is.

I would say Jane Lynch at this point has the most "face recognition" across the demographics, but that has as much to do with good, steady consistent work on TV for 15 years before Glee catapulted her to fame.  She was a recurring guest on both  "Criminal Minds" and "Two and a Half men" among other shows, she's hosted "Saturday Night live" and "Emmy Awards", she's a SAG, Golden Globe and Emmy winner, she's starred on Broadway, and she has curently  a NBC game show on prime Time  Thursday nights as well as her Glee gig.  She's a fave of talks show and comes out on the Jimmy Fallons/Letterman/Kimbells all the time as well as having nation wide sponsorship/commercial gigs.   Whoah, just listing all that exhausted me.

Next down I guess I would put Lea.  She does get some rag/gossip/People/US weekly notice/ buzz among the younger cast, she gets magazine covers and has had national campaigns with L'orreal and Candies among others.   Even her album has sold at least 200-250K domestic/worldwide, not fantastic but not chopped liver either.  Yet even Lea is not guaranteed mega stardom after Glee.

Down from Lea I would put the next tier as pretty much everyone else per a sliding scale, Chris, Darren and Naya seem to have fairly strong devoted  fan bases, for example.  

In Chris' case his LOS franchise is  building him (hopefully)  a nice post Glee career as a writer, and if he sells between 150-200 K hardcover  of his next book  (a conservative estimate) it shows he's building a reliable name recognition in the book world.  His "Noel" movie could be a launching pad to further movie roles (looks like a "prestige" film, lead role, big names mentioned as probably appearing in movie, etc)   but it's still too early to tell.

The point is that the rabid fan bases of any of the Glee actors obscures that none of them acting wise/singing wise  are guaranteed the same buzz/fame/acclaim post Glee that they had when the show was at it's peak. 

I remember reading once some delusional over the top rabid Darrin stan gushing about how during the Hunger Games red carpet premiere that some teenage girl was hysterically crying over Darren Criss , and snarkily said about Kevin McHale who also was present IIRC  "Poor Kevin doesn't get some girls fainting over him".  WTF?   What a bitch!!

I was like WTF who are these arrogant, self entitled dip shit crazy fans who think their fave is the greatest superstar  who ever lived...LOL.    So while I don't wish ill on any of the Glee folks, I roll my eyes at the rabid fans who think that post-Glee their fave is going to be the biggest mega star that ever lived. 
For all we know among the younger cast Kevin may be the most "successful", if say he gets another hit TV show or movie franchise.   I never would have predicted that 20 years after "Roseanne" Johnny Galecki would have the most name cred.  However I don't think he's the most wildly talented , though I think he's good, but that he had the good fortune/timing to get on another show "The Big Bang Theory" that may end up being even more successful long term than even "Roseanne" was.

Add to do that that most of the Glee actors if they were frugal with their money are not going to starve to death and may not worry about super stardom at all as a goal, Chris seems as proud of his writing career behind the scenes as much as his acting from all accounts. There are alot of TV actors who after  a successful series  has set them up financially are happy doing stage work in even community theatre gigs the rest of their careers, saying the security let them devote the time to their first "love".

For Chris I hope he's able to continue to do good work in many  projects, to continue to develop as an actor in TV, movies or stage as well as write and hopefully sing.  It doesn't mean as a stan I don't think he's wonderfully gifted, but I have no illusions that I can predict super stardom for him even though I personally think he deserves it.

That is why once Glee is over, as a Chris fan as much as I appreciated what Glee has done for him (let's face it, it literally changed his life)  I accept it's time after 6 seasons to move on and see what the next part of his career holds for Chris.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 6/13/2014, 3:57 pm

I would put Chris at least on the same level as Lea on the outside-Glee recognition scale if only because of his award nominations and wins (Emmy & GG), as well as his write ups in the mainstream media. There is a reason why FOX continued to use him heavily in their promotions, even for episodes where he wasn't appearing or had a minimal appearance. Chris is one of the most recognizable actors from the show, and one of the most respected.

I will agree that he is still primarily known as the actor from Glee, but that is starting to shift. As far as his writing goes, he's now being marketed as author Chris Colfer (as opposed to being marketed as a book writen by the actor from Glee). While being on Glee definately afforded him the opportunity to get his first works published (and had at least something to do with the initial success of the first book in the series), the fact that he was given the opportunity to write additional books and that the entire series continues to have a lot of success is evidence that the books themselves are deserving and are finding a readership beyond his Glee fanbase. The fact that his author blurbs no longer mention Glee is pretty significant that the publisher is comfortable in marketing Chris's books without mentioning his connection with Glee.

Where Chris needs to now make his shift is in the acting sphere and he is starting to do that. I think that what is really important about doing a film like Noel is that it can radically shift how people see him as an actor. A criticism that I had of Lea's role in NYE was that it wasn't going to alter what an audience could expect of her as an actor (and the same with Darren in GLM). The character that Chis will be playing in Noel is going to be a challenge on an entirely different level. Sure, Noel was an musical theater actor (like Chris's character on Glee), but it's going to be biographical which means that Chris has got to copy the original's mannerisms and performance style. I see it like the challenge that Jamie Fox had in playing Ray Charles - when you have to copy the style of a very well known and easily identifiable performer, if you don't nail it perfectly you're toast. This can really be a challenge to an actor because while you're trying to bring something fresh to the part, you have to honor the person that your role in honoring.

I'm not expecting Noel to be a huge financial blockbuster in the US because it's a foriegn film and it focuses on a person not well known in the US outside of the theater community. If it is a critical success though, in that it gets strong write ups for both the film and Chris's portrayal of Noel, that will be even more important than the film making loads of cash. I'm not looking for Chris to be the next Tom Cruise. I get the impression that he wants to be taken seriously as an actor and not as a movie star so he's going to lean towards projects that are a bit more challenging.

All of the cast (outside of those like Jane who were already well established prior to Glee) have an uphill climb in order to try to find post-Glee success. And to be frank, if they aren't lining up projects at this point, I think that they've missed the boat. Glee's prestigue is extinguised by now and just being on the show isn't going to get anyone juicy parts and jobs. Right now, the two who have made the biggest strides are Lea and Chris. How far they can progress after Glee is still an open question. I personally think that Chris has the best chance because he seems to have a very clear image of what he wants to accomplish as a performer. Lea might become a "star", but I can definately see Chris going on to win Emmys and Oscars because he is willing to take on the more challenging roles. I also see Kevin doing well as a character actor.

Unless Amber is able to get an album out or get some decent Broadway roles, Glee might be the high point of her mainstream career. Same with Jenna. Darren, as much as I dislike him, has some potential because he's so easily marketable, but that will really depend on him getting the right parts and I don't see those forthcoming at this stage (and time is running out for him to capitalize on Glee). With Chord I doubt that we will see much of him post-Glee. That's not to say that he (and Darren and the others) won't find work, but it's not going to be anything as high profile as Glee had been.

Putting my crystal ball away now.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 6/13/2014, 7:13 pm

Glorfindel wrote:...

x  xx

Lol:

This's so embarrasing. I kinda feel bad for Darren stans ad it seems they want him to be attached to all the popular stars that are out there. Probably he have talked to some of them, mainly when they came across at events or awards, but as I said previously, his fans want everybody to be crazed about Darren. That's not possible, sometimes you can't choose who you like it or not.

As for who is known outside Glee, I definetely believe is Jane as she had previously a stablished acting career and then I'll say is Lea. Also Chris is quite known. This something I've realized anytime I accidentely talk about Glee, and though people don't remember well their names, they know I'm referring to "Oh that's Rachel" "That's Kurt". Overall most of people remember season one, and partly season two.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  angelnessa 6/13/2014, 7:44 pm

Darren needs to watch his behavior as well, if he doesn't want a negative reputation to proceed him. His name could be known in more circles outside of Glee, but not necessarily for positive reasons. He made an absolute fool of himself at the PCA nomination announcements last fall, and I can't help but think anyone who saw it must have been side-eyeing him hard. I'm sure he didn't earn points with his peers holding up the line to meet fans and sign autographs at the Fox Upfronts last year. And even on Broadway his stage door antics and the behavior of his fans in the theater didn't seem to be looked upon as "cute" by his fellow actors. I've said many times that many of his fans are more of a liability to him than an asset, but over time I've come to realize they are much like Darren themselves, and often have difficulty being tactful and behaving appropriately.

I really don't care where Darren's career goes once Glee is finally over, as long as he's no longer attached to Chris, but it's interesting to watch from the sidelines.
angelnessa
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/13/2014, 9:20 pm

dc can't afford to alienate his fans. w/o them he's nothing.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 6/13/2014, 10:30 pm

Darren has put himself into a nasty catch 22 career-wise. His popularity right now and the basis for his current employment is based on his very devoted but out of control fanbase, but that same fanbase might very well cost him future work because he's going to be judged as bringing more problems that he's worth putting up with. The crazy segment of his fandom just isn't big enough to make everything Darren touches profitable (otherwise GML wouldn't have been the commercial bomb that it was), but they are disrespectful and obnoxious enough to make people not want to work with Darren. I'll bet you anything that Chris would go out of his way to avoid working with Darren on a future project after the way he's been abused by Darren's crazy fans and I highly doubt that they endeared Darren to the cast of HTSIB.

Darren can still have a loyal and passionate fanbase while not encouraging the outrageous behavior that his fans engage in. Chris's fans are certainly loyal and devoted to him but don't have a reputation for making other actors and fans miserable. The problem is that Darren has encouraged the worst of the behavior. His fans have an overinflated sense of entitlement because Darren has catered to them at every turn. One thing that I love about Chris is that he loves his fans, but he's not afraid to call them out when their behavior (on a rare occasion) goes beyond the pale.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 6/13/2014, 10:55 pm

I am beginning to believe Darren's fanbase is shrinking.

His tour last year was not sold out, and again GML thousands of so called Darren stans weren't flocking to watch it, and I don't think it did any better on Netflix whereas SBL was one of the most watched and was a Netflix top pick.

Most fans follow success and right now Darren isn't getting any.

And I think his marketability is waning.

His interviews have shrunk as have his appearances at events as a performer.

He was not at the Tony Awards like he was last year or the after party.

Who's Line Is It Anyway, he did one sketch.

Chris's episode of Hollywood Game Night reached 5.1 m viewers, whereas Darren's one only got 4.1 million. But then OITNB cast was there, so that could be why they at least got that.

Darren stans have been quiet about Darren's appearance since.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 6/14/2014, 12:10 am

Rolling Eyes 

NBC doing an 'event' of The Beatles

This was in the comment section:

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11 - Page 37 The_be10
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 6/14/2014, 11:47 am

Good Gods... the Darren stans are beyond embarrassing now. I think that it's becoming very clear that those who are outside of the Darren bubble are well aware of his deficits as a singer so he's not a lock for a show like this. And with his real popularity with fans now finally coming into question, he can't use that as a means to convince a producer that he would bring eyeballs to a performance. Darren, I think, is now in the position where outside of Glee he's going to have to start getting by on merit rather than perceived popularity and that's one of the reasons that we're not hearing anything about new projects.

I'm somewhat amused by his fans trying to spin the fact that his album has no anticipated release date, saying that he's tossed everything he's worked on up until now and is making the album that he wants. Given that he's got less than a year to capitalize on whatever waning help that Glee can offer, he cannot afford to dawdle too much longer to get an album out. I think that the label has recognized that except for Lea (and this is still debatable about how successful her album will end up), there's no real demand for albums from any Glee alumni. Darren's fans might feel that he deserves to have an album because (per them) he's so talented but for the label it's strictly a business decision. They look at the fading ITunes sales and don't see the odds of the album turning a profit favorable.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - for the Glee cast who haven't started setting up their post-Glee careers, time is rapidly running out. We know that not only will season 6 be the last season, but it will be a shortened season and not used in regular network scheduling. The time is now to get moving on lining up projects and if we don't hear any kind of announcements for Darren by the end of the summer over what he's going to do after Glee (same with Chord and any others in the Glee cast), the odds of them doing anything significant are going to be very slim. That doesn't mean that Darren won't find any work, but it won't be anything on the level of what Glee was and not jobs that will elevate his career afterwards.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/14/2014, 1:35 pm

c'mon guys, give this guy a break. what else is he going to do if he doesn't have any other job lining up? he needs to stay in the spotlight. he needs to make his fans engaged or they will gradually develop amnesia. in other words, he needs PR. whatever PR he can get is better than nothing.

i actually feel kinda sorry for him. i wish he will completely disappear from the radar so none of us need to trash him again.

p.s. i don't have the stomach to watch his video. i'd rather leave him alone than puke here afterwards like most of you do.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 6/14/2014, 5:00 pm

fantastica wrote:c'mon guys, give this guy a break. what else is he going to do if he doesn't have any other job lining up? he needs to stay in the spotlight. he needs to make his fans engaged or they will gradually develop amnesia. in other words, he needs PR. whatever PR he can get is better than nothing.

i actually feel kinda sorry for him. i wish he will completely disappear from the radar so none of us need to trash him again.

p.s. i don't have the stomach to watch his video. i'd rather leave him alone than puke here afterwards like most of you do.

ptdr All I see is irony. This's so funny kim.

You know, all what I want is Darren is his fandon being far away from Chris.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next