Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11

+32
TimF
Sebastian Smythe
Lottie2303
sjonnepon
M&M
Ireth
Delight
Ranwing
SippyCupofLuv
valkeakuulas
Divalicious
bayth
Kurt addict
angelnessa
tanita_mors
sheny
JamieRulz
coxfire
opals
ChrisColferFan1
AnneNeville
Porcelain
ColferInspired
Georgette888
Buenos
brisallie
Glorfindel
YaoiChick
ChrisColfersLightning
MoviesAreLife
Jellyrolls
fantastica
36 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11 - Page 20 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11

Post  Georgette888 4/6/2014, 7:08 am

I suppose that I think it might be better if all fans, of all stripes, took a deep breath and followed this advice from Neil Gaiman

Then, wait.

Wait.

Wait a bit more.

Wait until we hear much more concretely what the episode is about.

Then, decide if it is something you can comfortably watch. If you feel you cannot, state so simply and quietly and don't.

If you can, watch it.

When finished, celebrate, congratulate and comment.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11 - Page 20 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11

Post  Glorfindel 4/6/2014, 8:45 am

^Preach.

ChrisColfersLightning wrote:I feel like it is not fair for people to get angry at Chris fans who are uncomfortable at the thought of Klaine just because it is a fictional character. How is it fair to judge Kurt fans for not being comfortable with Klaine? You do not know what they been through in life or how badly that toxic relationship triggers them. Have you ever thought that maybe some people went through domestic abuse and could not handle watching Klaine and that maybe just maybe it would bother them seeing a Klaine heavy show even if Chris writes it, more so because they love Chris?
Noone is getting angry, and I also don't think they are judging other people for not wanting to watch Klaine. I think they're a bit disappointed and frustrated that hate for a fictional character and ship apparently is stronger than the love for Chris.  :( 

I believe everyone has the right to watch whatever they want or not without being called out on it, but otoh those same people shouldn't simply label anyone who disagrees with them or wants to point out some reasonable arguments (e.g. to not so easily jump to conclusions) as someone who wants to silence them or who does not take their feelings serious.
Discussion still should be possible, even when you only put it on your own blog without tagging it.

I'll be honest: if Kurt ended up with Dave Karofsky I probably wouldn't be able to watch the show either. But if so: if then Chris was asked to write an episode that's Kurtofsky heavy I would either watch it anyway (because I trust that even under restrictions from TPTB Chris would write a decent episode for Kurt), or, as I don't live in the US and can't help ratings, I would e.g. tweet or blog about it, or buy the episode and all its songs on iTunes, to support Chris' writing career.
What I wouldn't do is assuming at the first sight of the episode remotely possibly being Karofsky heavy, without having anything substantial to back that claim up, that his episode is already doomed or ruined, or what's worse: that his ep probably would enable and shine a positive light on an abusive relationship.

I know that people only commented on their own personal blogs about this, so as far as I'm concerned no foul no harm and people are free to blog about how they feel, but as soon as stuff like this shows up on tags like #glee spoilers, #5x19, or God forbid Chris' own tag I'm gonna be all over that.

They can still love Chris yet be uncomfortable with Klaine, not all Chris fans watch Glee anymore and if everyone keeps talking about this episode being future Klaine and Klaine heavy then people have a right to be upset or not want to watch, that is not fair to call people not real fans or lead by their hatred of a fictional character. (---)

You can still love Chris and not want to watch the emotional stress of watching a Klaine heavy episode. Everyone has speculations, NO ONE knows what the episode is about, it is harsh to judge people if they are worried, it is like saying their feelings or personal issues with toxic or triggering Klaine do not matter and they should suck it up and watch it for Chris.
See, this is the biggest problem I have with this: NO ONE indeed knows yet what's going to happen, so why start panicking and stirring up shit already?

Joaquin praising Chris' episode means squat when it comes to the speculation that it's Klaine heavy: Joaquin may be a Klaine fan but he's first and foremost a Glee crew member who is promoting the show no matter what, and he has also repeatedly praised and admired Chris for his smartness and talents before, so I can't for the life of me understand how people can conclude from this that the episode is Klaine heavy.

Same with the director Bradley Buecker: yes, he directed some pivotal Klaine episodes, but for each Klaine episode he directed there is another that had no Klaine in it and even focused heavily on other Kurt relationships: Furt, Kurtofsky, Kurtcedes, Kadam(!), Starkurt.
Bradley also directed quite a few ND competition episodes: does this immediately mean that Chris' episode will have ND or a competition in it?
And as others have said: a director does not write the script.

All this speculation is build on practically nothing. I can just as easily conclude that the episode is Hummelberry, Kurtana and Kartie heavy, but Blam and Blaine/Klaine light just because both Darren and Chord are the only New York actors who didn't 'like' or commented on Chris' instagram of the script title.
Hee: I could even speculate  that Sebastian and Elliot will come back and have a hot threesome with Kurt, because Grant and Adam did 'like' the photo.  Razz

I just don't get the early panic, and although I understand people being cautiously worried about a Klaine heavy ep, I'd say just wait a bit more before getting upset. Leave it to some of the Klainers and Blarrenstans to prematurely claim this episode as a Klaine one, when there's no evidence at all that it is.

RIB is in control and call the shots, what is stopping them for having Chris write a Klaine heavy episode if the wanted him to? Chris is a professional, it is his job as a writer to follow the rules. No one blames Chris or is mad at him, but Chris fans who try tp guilt trip other Chris fans for being uncomfterable with Klsaine is doing the same thing Klainers and Crisscolfer shippers has been doing al day. Messaging Chris stans who were upset on anon alll day and telling them things to upset them and laughing at them, It is bullying both ways, some people are sensitive and relationships can really trigger them.
But no Chris fan is trying to guilt trip anyone for being uncomfortable with Klaine. This is and never was about that.
And in no way can you call simply discussing, even trying to comfort and calm down upset people but while still respecting their opinion, bullying.

That is definitely not the same as what perhaps some Klainers and Crisscolfer shippers are doing anonymously.

I never thought so many people would be insensitive to how people view domestic abuse.
Again: noone, noone is doing that, don't you see?

(---) I think I can not handle seeing Glee have Chris write a Klaine heavy episode so his fans who do not like Klaine will like Klaine.

Glee ALWAYS tries to use Chris to emotionally black mail his fans and I HATE it! (---)
Do you really believe that Chris would bait and switch his own fans like Glee does? Do you really believe he would be so enthusiastic about this episode if he felt forced into writing a Klaine heavy storyline he can't stand behind?

Sure, there's the possibility that 5x19 will be Klaine heavy (but again: no proof whatsoever yet), but I think that even with the restrictions TPTB put on him Chris would make sure both sides, and especially Kurt's of any Klaine related storyline in the episode would be covered and that the outcome would be fair.
It's still your own choice if you want to watch that or not, but I for one at least trust Chris to write a decent episode, Klaine heavy or not.

And lol: I doubt even our multitalented and smart Jesus Chris Superstar has the power to make Klaine haters fall in love with Klaine again.  tonguue 

Besides, just because some people physically wont watch IF something they disagree with is in the episode do not mean they wont support Chris! They can easily leave their tv on Glee for ratings and walk out the room or mute it, tweet about Chris episode in Twitter during Glee and just being HAPPY for Chris professional writing gig, people love Chris and they can and do know the difference between love for Chris and hate for Klaine, they do not have to physically watch and support Klaine if they do not want to.
True, but I also read some comments of a few people who don't want the ratings to be better for Chris' episode when it features Klaine, because TPTB might interpret that ratings increase as Klaine being popular instead of people tuning in for Chris' writing.
Come on: first of all there have been Klaine heavy episodes before that had very bad ratings, and secondly: I hardly doubt at this point that the ratings will show so many more viewers watching this episode when the 100th episode did very little for the ratings at all.

But wishing the ratings for Chris' episode to be bad just because you hate a ship that Chris has no choice but to write for (no matter how brief or long)..... I do have a very serious problem with that.

ColferInspired wrote:People are putting their hate as more important than the fact Chris has written this.
He created this episode.

It is like to me Chris isn't important but our hate is. That we can't set it aside for one episode and just enjoy something Chris has created.

How would Chris feel if he put Klaine in one of his books, would these people not buy them either?

It is like they want this episode to get the lowest ratings, because their hate comes first, we must not look like we support Klaine.

We don't even know what this episode is all about.

We don't even have a synopsis yet.
ColferInspired wrote:But we don't know if it is Klaine heavy.

A director cannot change a script.

Chris was given free reign, they told him to meddle.

We are seeing things that aren't there, speculating.

There is no synopsis or spoilers. 

We don't even know what it is about.

Can anyone prove it is Klaine heavy?

What proof is there?

Too many people are getting upset about nothing, when right now there is nothing to get upset about.

People are jumping too conclusions and getting upset for no reason.

Fandom have a habit of doing this in nearly ever single fandom, why Glee will the last show fandom I will be a part of. I don't like knowing a show is upsetting people, as no show should do that.

Again a director cannot change a script, this director did NBK, meaning he is good. For all we know Chris was asked which director he wanted and picked this one, because he loved his work.

I hate what is canon with Klaine but that won't change.

Right now the way they are writing Kurt, he is stronger than Blaine, so in other words if Blaine tried what he did in the parking lot TFT again this Kurt would probably knock him out.  arms
 banzai THIS, all of this.

Last edited by Glorfindel on 4/6/2014, 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos and better wording)
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/6/2014, 9:00 am

I really want to see Kurt knock Blaine on his ass say that is for all the crap I put up with at McKinley, this is for the parking lot, when I wasn't ready.  arms 

I just really love this new Kurt, I want to see more of him.

This is a mature, grown up Season 1 Kurt.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 4/6/2014, 9:03 am

Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 4/6/2014, 9:43 am

Georgette888 wrote:I suppose that I think it might be better if all fans, of all stripes, took a deep breath and followed this advice from Neil Gaiman

Then, wait.

Wait.

Wait a bit more.

Wait until we hear much more concretely what the episode is about.

Then, decide if it is something you can comfortably watch. If you feel you cannot, state so simply and quietly and don't.

If you can, watch it.

When finished, celebrate, congratulate and comment.

Well said. And thank you for the link to Neil Gaiman's post. It's an interesting read. neutre 

I have only one thing to say in response to fandom's negative reaction to the episode that Chris has written-- Please do Chris the courtesy of watching the episode first before deciding to hate it for whatever reason. I, for one, am determined to love it; because I trust Chris to do right by Kurt. He's Kurt's greatest advocate.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 4/6/2014, 9:59 am

He really is. I really do feel that more than any of the actors on Glee he is always determined to speak up for and advocate for his character. Obviously, he is not always listened to, but Kurt always looms large for Chris through any storyline.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 4/6/2014, 11:46 am

Since it's snark and bark, I'm not as tactful as others.   Of course everyone can voice their opinions and like and dislikes, but wishing an episode that Chris wrote ill, as in hoping it gets bad ratings, is despicable to me.

Chris no doubt is hoping it does well and if he writes a dozen Klaine scenes and writes them well, more power to him.

I get not liking characters or setups, but supposedly a fandom is about liking soneone a lot.

At some point like of Chris should trump all.

At least for me.

I'm proud and happy Chris got this opportunity.  So I'm happy FOR Chris.

As to the quality and content of the actual episode, who the fuck knows any of that now, seriously?
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/6/2014, 11:53 am

Buenos wrote:Since it's snark and bark, I'm not as tactful as others.   Of course everyone can voice their opinions and like and dislikes, but wishing an episode that Chris wrote ill, as in hoping it gets bad ratings, is despicable to me.

Chris no doubt is hoping it does well and if he writes a dozen Klaine scenes and writes them well, more power to him.

I get not liking characters or setups, but supposedly a fandom is about liking soneone a lot.

At some point like of Chris should trump all.

At least for me.

I'm proud and happy Chris got this opportunity.  So I'm happy FOR Chris.

But I want spoilers, I want to know what it is about, my curiosity is making me so damn impatient.

This is how I feel when I can't my hands on his latest TLOS book straight away.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/6/2014, 8:02 pm

i don't read tumblr so i have no idea what's going on there. the only chris fandom i know of is this one - our little group. while many of us here don't like klaine, none of us are have expressed any desire to skip chris' episodes. i know outside of our little group there are all kinds of people - haters, lovers, lovers who loves too much and becomes haters, etc. i really don't care what other people think. caring about what others will or will not do means losing sleep over something you can't control, and that's just not worth it.

this applies to EVERYTHING in life (sorry if i sound like a wise old grandmother): if something that's bothering you is not something you have control over, then ignore it and move on (sure, vent it first if you have to, but do move on).

i am sure chris is NOT losing any sleep over some silly immature fans complaining about a ship. he has never let any naysayers stop him from achieving his dreams.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/6/2014, 8:06 pm

ColferInspired wrote:But I want spoilers, I want to know what it is about, my curiosity is making me so damn impatient.

darling, read your own motto. if waiting makes you miserable, don't wait. DO something positive and constructive instead to kill your time. spend less time on the computer and internet. take a hike - literally - exercise is very good for your mind and body, or do whatever you really enjoy doing - anything that will keep you away from the negativity of the internet.  neutre
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/6/2014, 10:43 pm

fantastica wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:But I want spoilers, I want to know what it is about, my curiosity is making me so damn impatient.

darling, read your own motto. if waiting makes you miserable, don't wait. DO something positive and constructive instead to kill your time. spend less time on the computer and internet. take a hike - literally - exercise is very good for your mind and body, or do whatever you really enjoy doing - anything that will keep you away from the negativity of the internet.  neutre

It doesn't make me miserable.  Razz

I just hate waiting, and I am eager to know what his episode is all about.

And I am sick, and I have a doctors appointment today to see the results of the scan to my injured shoulder, so I would rather head back to bed, but can't as I will sleep right through the rest of the day and miss my appointment.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/7/2014, 1:23 am

WLIIA cut out the rest of Darren's parts on the show.

So, he did more on the show then the robot skit.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/7/2014, 1:33 am

Sorry u r not feeling well my dear. Hope u will get better tomorrow. Hugs!

How do u know they cut of a lot of dc parts?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/7/2014, 1:41 am

fantastica wrote:Sorry u r not feeling well my dear.  Hope u will get better tomorrow.  Hugs!

How do u know they cut of a lot of dc parts?

Someone found out, but I don't know how they did.

Maybe from someone from the crew?

Or someone in the audience that knows someone that works on the show maybe?

And my shoulder is inflamed which I knew when I went their last week, so I have to take anti-inflammatries again.

And I am feeling a bit better now.  neutre
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/7/2014, 7:55 pm

I'm sorry to be part of this discussion now, but I had some issues on the weekend.

Uff I think is too early to feel upset for Chris's episode, got it, we all wanted to be an episode in which Kurt is strongly featured on it, but we have to realize he has to follow a line or whatever will be Glee plot at that time. Luckily, Kurt has gotten more prominence in that episode, but if not, we still have to support Chris as the fans we are. This is his big opportunity and personally I'd love if this episode miraculously has a good rating. And don't you think how hard it must be for Chris to please everyone? I'm sure he knows his fans, klaine fans, other characters' fans will speak out their opinion, lets face it, not everyone will be happy, but at least I hope no one criticize his writing skills. I want people to say "He has to write this damn show".
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/7/2014, 9:46 pm

let's just wait. it will be what? 3 weeks from now? i hope they find that LOST plane before then, and god knows what else will happen during this time.

let's just wait and see. don't be upset for things that probably will never happen.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 4/8/2014, 2:07 am

Sometimes I wonder about the children  posting on line.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/10/2014, 11:04 am

This is from the Indie interview Darren did with those hideous clothes he had on for the photoshoot.

“But in high school, I had difficulty having any sort of resonance with the typical high school presentation in television and film and popular media. You know, the age-old stereotypes of the jocks versus the nerds and the theater geeks. I never really saw that categorical society hierarchy. Maybe it did exist in people’s minds - I think people actually see those movies and they project that into their lives.”

Wonder if Darren has said this to Chris.

Guess Chris being bullied in middle school and high school was all in Chris's head.

Same with all the kids and adults that were also bullied.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/10/2014, 11:17 am

That's a rather pretentious statement. Especially coming from someone who has a lot of teens as fans, many of whom have probably experienced exactly what he is saying only exists in their minds.

There is a definite split in the groups at schools--it may not always result in bullying or an us vs. them mentality, but there has always been a split amongst the different groups. People tend to hang out with people who share their interests, so it's a natural that the athletic kids are going to hang out with other athletic kids and artsy kids are going to hang out with artsy kids. Yes, there is some crossover, but there is a definite split. It probably is a bit over dramatized for TV and movies at times, but I can tell you that my nieces and nephews all saw (and in a couple of cases even experienced) teasing for not fitting into the right clique.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  opals 4/10/2014, 11:34 am

ColferInspired wrote:This is from the Indie interview Darren did with those hideous clothes he had on for the photoshoot.

“But in high school, I had difficulty having any sort of resonance with the typical high school presentation in television and film and popular media. You know, the age-old stereotypes of the jocks versus the nerds and the theater geeks. I never really saw that categorical society hierarchy. Maybe it did exist in people’s minds - I think people actually see those movies and they project that into their lives.”

Wonder if Darren has said this to Chris.

Guess Chris being bullied in middle school and high school was all in Chris's head.

Same with all the kids and adults that were also bullied.

So good to know that Darren with his super wealthy parents and fancy private school never saw that "categorical society hierarchy" in school. OMG! It's all a figment of people's imagination. Poor people, who can't separate reality from fiction, of course. Hey, wait. Isn't that the vast majority of Darren's fans? Dumbass. Rolling Eyes 
opals
opals
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/10/2014, 12:11 pm

I saw that interview the other day and I literally said "WUT?!?!" out loud when I read that quote.  Mad 

Priviliged rich kid.  smajli
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/10/2014, 12:13 pm

I'm going to be blunt here. When you are a rich kid, you don't see a lot of the shit that other kids have to endure. That just because Darren didn't bully someone or wasn't bullied himself doesn't mean that it doesn't happen. Maybe his school experience was some kind of eutopia where everyone get along and different groups didn't give one another grief, but that doesn't mean that his experience is universal. Some kids get fucking tortured in school and as someone who was bullied (including getting jumped after school by three other girls for no fucking reason) I really take offence at his impression that school really isn't such a bad place.

Darren has gotten a lot due to an astonishing level of priviledge. I know that his stans make a big to do about him being biracial, but being half Asian is not at all like being half black or hispanic. He passes for white so he certainly didn't have any issues due to his mixed ethnic heritage. And his father had a shit load of money and paid his way through exclusive schools. Not every kid has those kinds of opportunities. He comes across like an arrogant ass, that just because it wasn't his personal experience doesn't give him the right to downplay the fact that school is sometimes an awful experience or some kids.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 4/10/2014, 12:25 pm

Ranwing wrote:Darren has gotten a lot due to an astonishing level of priviledge. I know that his stans make a big to do about him being biracial, but being half Asian is not at all like being half black or hispanic. He passes for white so he certainly didn't have any issues due to his mixed ethnic heritage.

I don't know his personnal experience, but I was always very surprised by the whole "bi-racial" stuff when it comes to Darren because, just like you said, he looks completely caucasian to me, and I would never had known he was half-Filippino if I hadn't read it.

As for his interview, it is true that in France, we don't have cheerleaders/jocks/nerds, etc, but the popular vs punching bag students IS a reality. Bullying is a reality, and as Chris said ANY reason can be used: your physical apparence, the clothes you wear, you skipped a year, your family has no money, you're shy, you have zits, you're scrawny...

Darren you were lucky, good for you, but don't go preach your own experience as the absolute truth.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 4/10/2014, 12:30 pm

Since you're talking about it anyway, I couldn't help but chuckle at this snarky breakdown of Darren's interview. God, I try not to hate him, but he comes across as such a tosser.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/10/2014, 12:32 pm

What offends me the most is that he seems completely unaware of just how priviledged his life really was. He doesn't come across like he recognizes that he was fucking blessed with his. When you are white (or white passing) and rich, life is a hell of a lot easier.

It's more Darren verbal diarrhea, but his stans will act as if his shit doesn't stink.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next