Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21

+27
TimF
coxfire
Piciollina
awesomenessthatischriscol
MoviesAreLife
YaoiChick
opals
mindschemez
AnneNeville
Georgette888
bayth
Porcelain
tanita_mors
valkeakuulas
ChrisColfersLightning
Divalicious
Ireth
Jellyrolls
ChrisColferFan1
M&M
fantastica
Glorfindel
Ranwing
sheny
ColferInspired
brisallie
Buenos
31 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 38 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21

Post  ColferInspired 3/2/2014, 8:48 pm

Sounds like Kurt is still Switzerland in "Trio", but yes, poor Elliott is dragged into the girls fight, expecting him to take sides.

Which fits with the two songs he has with them. I bet each girl wants the other out of the band. Rachel probably wanting to prove her and Elliott sound better together than Santana, and probably the same with "Gloria" and maybe he just lets Santana join in to be fair.

I think Rachel is the one going to try to manipulate Elliott and will use his new friendship with Kurt to try and get what she wants, Santana out of the band.

These are just speculations on my part, and we know that Rachel likes to manipulate.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 38 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21

Post  Buenos 3/2/2014, 8:49 pm

ColferInspired wrote:Sounds like Kurt is still Switzerland in "Trio", but yes, poor Elliott is dragged into the girls fight, expecting him to take sides.

Which fits with the two songs he has with them. I bet each girl wants the other out of the band. Rachel probably wanting to prove her and Elliott sound better together than Santana, and probably the same with "Gloria" and maybe he just lets Santana join in to be fair.

I think Rachel is the one going to try to manipulate Elliott and will use his new friendship with Kurt to try and get what she wants, Santana out of the band.

These are just speculations on my part, and we know that Rachel likes to manipulate.

So far I don't like how they're portraying Rachel on all this.... :(
I know she's insecure but still...
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/2/2014, 9:04 pm

Buenos wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:Sounds like Kurt is still Switzerland in "Trio", but yes, poor Elliott is dragged into the girls fight, expecting him to take sides.

I am hoping the "Bash" episode makes her realise that fame isn't important.

I have a feeling we might see Rachel finally grow-up.

I really hope Rachel is used as much as Kurt in that episode as she has known him the longest, she calls him her soul mate. She lost Finn and now she could have lost Kurt.  :( 

Use Blaine but don't make it all about him.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/2/2014, 9:23 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:I am very hit or miss with Naya, but when they give her a song like this or Valerie that fit her voice like a glove, I really like her (but please, no Broadway for her).  She really has one of the most distinctive voices on the show.  She really has a nice smoky, jazzy voice.  

I wish Glee would do more to keep the singers in songs that are more suited for their voices and ranges because that is where they are at their best.  I can enjoy most of them when they are in their sweet spot, but taking them out of that takes me out of the performance.  Does that make sense?
 It makes perfect sense. Glee often asks the impossible from their cast when it comes to singing: I'm amazed so many of them still manage to pull those out-of-their-comfort-zone songs off.

I have to say this, but I think Darren sounds quite fine on the most part of 'Don't You Forget About Me'. It's when he has to sing the high notes that he can't reach them anymore.
If they gave him some more songs within his comfort zone (like 'Somewhere Only We Know') he wouldn't get this much hate for ruining songs.

Just a random thought here.  I wonder if we are getting Chris singing in his lower range so much now because his voice has changed from what it was three or four years ago.  I wonder if Chris could even pull off singing something like AIWNSG or IHN in the same key now as he did in season 2 and 3 respectively.  
No, once his puberty really was over (took him long enough, lol) his voice is there to stay, high notes and all. When he sang AIWNSG he was still changing drastically physically, but by the time of IHN the most was over.
And even withh the physical growth spurt: that mostly had an effect on his timbre, not his range. His timbre got a little bit 'darker', more mature as it were, but his vocal range got lowered by perhaps 1 or 2 semitones, if it did lower at all. And Chris could sing up to a B5 2 years ago, while his highest note on Glee was a G5 (NTBND) which is still in his comfort zone (about 4 semitones lower than that high B).
All he has to do now to keep his range is to train his voice regularly.  neutre

I think they're mostly using Chris' lower voice now because a big part of the fandom have expressed their love for his lower range while at the same time some expressed dislike for his head voice.
And Glee desperately wants to sell on iTunes, plus I think TPTB finally realized themselves that Chris has a nice low voice too (after not giving him much to sing in that range for 3 seasons).

I wonder if they'll let him sing the high note in 'Defying Gravity' this time, as Kurt botched it the first time.

Last edited by Glorfindel on 3/2/2014, 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/2/2014, 9:27 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:I am very hit or miss with Naya, but when they give her a song like this or Valerie that fit her voice like a glove, I really like her (but please, no Broadway for her).  She really has one of the most distinctive voices on the show.  She really has a nice smoky, jazzy voice.  

I wish Glee would do more to keep the singers in songs that are more suited for their voices and ranges because that is where they are at their best.  I can enjoy most of them when they are in their sweet spot, but taking them out of that takes me out of the performance.  Does that make sense?
 It makes perfect sense. Glee often asks the impossible from their cast when it comes to singing: I'm amazed so many of them still manage to pull those out-of-their-comfort-zone songs off.

I have to say this, but I think Darren sounds quite fine on the most part of 'Don't You Forget About Me'. It's when he has to sing the high notes that he can't reach them anymore.
If they gave him some more songs within his comfort zone (like 'Somewhere Only We Know') he wouldn't get this much hate for ruining songs.

Just a random thought here.  I wonder if we are getting Chris singing in his lower range so much now because his voice has changed from what it was three or four years ago.  I wonder if Chris could even pull off singing something like AIWNSG or IHN in the same key now as he did in season 2 and 3 respectively.  
No, once his puberty really was over (took him long enough, lol) his voice is there to stay, high notes and all. When he sang AIWNSG he was still changing drastically physically, but by the time of IHN the most was over.
And even withh the physical growth spurt: that mostly had an effect on his timbre, not his range. His timbre got a little bit 'darker', more mature as it were, but his vocal range got lowered by perhaps 1 or 2 semitones, if it did lower at all. And Chris could sing up to a B5 2 years ago, while his highest note on Glee was a G5 (NTBND) which is still in his comfort zone (about 4 semitones lower than that high B).
All he has to do now to keep his range is to train his voice regularly.  neutre

I think they're mostly using Chris' lower voice now because a big part of the fandom have expressed their love for his lower range while at the same time some expressed dislike for his head voice.
And Glee desperately wants to sell on iTunes, plus I think TPTB finally realized themselves that Chris has a nice low voice too (after not giving him much to sing in that range for 3 seasons).

I wonder if they'll let him sing the high note in 'Defying Gravity' this time, as Kurt botched it the first time.

I hope so, because I want Shue to be there to witness it.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/2/2014, 9:33 pm

Listened to "Gloria", love Adam and Naya on this, but Lea doesn't belong, which is sad.  :( 

I need to listen to "Hold On".
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/2/2014, 9:46 pm

"Hold On" sounds really good, and I can hear so much Chris, this the best group number this season.  Smile 

Chris is so clear, even Darren I don't mind for a change.

This would be my third favourite from the episode, followed by "Gloria" in second.

Fourth "Barracuda".

I have not listened to the others and will wait until I have my download for this episode to hear them.

We have gotten so much Kurt this season. We have gotten storylines, songs, Kurt written well where he doesn't look bad. Chris has had more screen-time.

So far, alongside Season One this is starting to look like one of my favourite Seasons, even though the McKinley crap last year ruins it slightly for me.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/2/2014, 10:05 pm

ColferInspired wrote:"Hold On" sounds really good, and I can hear so much Chris, this the best group number this season.  Smile 
Everybody sounds good, dont' they?

Chris is so clear,
Exactly, I don't know why it was so hard to highlight him before.

NGL, I don't hate the Noobs but now with they're being literally banned from singing\ Chris is getting  more opportunities and I am thrilled with that. It's no coincidence Kevin and Jenna are singing more too..hmmmmm.......

I love that apparently Kurt is paired with Elliot and Deni in that group number. wub
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/2/2014, 10:14 pm

Buenos wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:"Hold On" sounds really good, and I can hear so much Chris, this the best group number this season.  Smile 
Everybody sounds good, dont' they?

Chris is so clear,
Exactly, I don't know why it was so hard to highlight him before.

NGL, I don't hate the Noobs but now with they're being literally banned from singing\ Chris is getting  more opportunities and I am thrilled with that.  It's no coincidence Kevin and Jenna are singing more too..hmmmmm.......

I love that apparently Kurt is paired with Elliot and Deni in that group number. wub

I noticed that to, he sounds really good with their voices.  wub 

Darren isn't dominating this song, which as it should be as there are some incredible voices on this song, they blend so well together.

I love that I can hear Chris's voice, it really does blend really well with others.

And I love that we are getting to hear more of Kevin's voice.  wub 

Though I like to think next weeks episode doesn't exist.  vexe
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/2/2014, 10:15 pm

With Lea maybe in NY this week, I don't know how much Kevin is already filming there too, It could be just Chris, Darren, Amber, and Chord this week unless we get a Sanana sighting on set.

Chris doesn't seem to have many days off anymore on the set... Smile 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/2/2014, 10:18 pm

The thing is the show really could not support a true split narrative; so literally closing down McKinley and getting rid of the Noobs and so many side characters forced the writers to finally give some of the veteran song and SL focus. When push came to shove, I suspect FOX finally put their foot down.

For once I'm happy for Network meddling... coool 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/2/2014, 10:39 pm

I'm listening to The Happening and is from the 60's? Because it has that 60's vibe that I find so cheerful, and I sincerely believe these trio sounds good together.

Hold On is a song in which the voices sound good in harmony, for instance in the previous one I think at some points, or I should clean my ears, Demi and Chris sounded stronger than Adam. But in this one there's a blend. Is my favorite Smile

Barracuda, yeah another rock song! Adam is flawless!  wub Lea does it well too, but I miss som edginess, or a lower voice. I know she can do rock, she did years ago in a mashup. But still I like it.

Gloria, I grew up with this song! So for me is hard to judge it, besides is the first time I listen to this song in english. Umm I'd say I like Santana and Adam as they bring that raspiness I remember from the version I love (italian one).

Last edited by brisallie on 3/2/2014, 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/2/2014, 10:55 pm

brisallie wrote:I'm listening to The Happening and is from the 60's? Because it has that 60's vibe that I find so cheerful, and I sincerely believe these trio sounds good together.

It was a #1  hit in the 60's for the Motown girls group The Supremes... here in the States...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpXHVuXDBK4
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/2/2014, 10:59 pm

Buenos wrote:
brisallie wrote:I'm listening to The Happening and is from the 60's? Because it has that 60's vibe that I find so cheerful, and I sincerely believe these trio sounds good together.

It was a #1  hit in the 60's for the Motown girls group The Supremes... here in the States...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpXHVuXDBK4

Thanks.

And how many songs has this episode? Personally I haven't listened to the MK songs.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 3/3/2014, 12:13 am

I admit the only song I been listening to is The Happening. I love the 1960's vibe of the song.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/3/2014, 1:57 am

Just bought the happening.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/3/2014, 4:27 am

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 38 Tumblr_n1uiw9VEH81r4ezfzo1_500
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/3/2014, 4:37 am

Buenos wrote:Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 38 Tumblr_n1uiw9VEH81r4ezfzo1_500

I have a feeling Amber is back to being a regular.  neutre

And I am happy if this is the case.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/3/2014, 4:46 am

ColferInspired wrote:
Buenos wrote:Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 38 Tumblr_n1uiw9VEH81r4ezfzo1_500

I have a feeling Amber is back to being a regular.  neutre

And I am happy if this is the case.

That is probably Episode 16...
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 3/3/2014, 4:52 am

brisallie wrote:
And how many songs has this episode? Personally I haven't listened to the MK songs.

7 songs: Barracuda, Danny’s Song, Don’t You (Forget About Me), Gloria, Hold On, Jumpin’ Jumpin’, The Happening

Last edited by sheny on 3/3/2014, 6:47 am; edited 1 time in total

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColfersLightning 3/3/2014, 5:08 am

ChrisColferFan1 wrote:I admit   the only song I been  listening  to is The Happening. I love the 1960's  vibe   of the song.

Same here, just really enjoying the vibe and sound  wub 
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColfersLightning
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/3/2014, 5:35 am

The one thing I'm curious about is with a stripped down cast, will they still have 6-8 songs per episode as has been the norm.

3 songs have been spilled for Episode 5.14, IIRC Lea said she recorded 3 songs in one session (including one of her gazillion favorites) so I'm wondering all of those were for 5.14 or 5.15.

Amber just tweeting she is recording 2 songs I would think is for 5.16.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/3/2014, 8:09 am

Danny's song finally came out:

I love Matt's voice, especially in those stripped down guitar songs.  wub 
Jayma is not as strong as singer as Matt of course, but she has a nice, pleasant voice, and she is a fine duet partner for him when she's doing the back-up and 2nd voice. They were really lucky musicwise when they matched those 2 on the show.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt addict 3/3/2014, 11:02 am

Ok i need an intervention I can't stop listening to the happening just love it!
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/3/2014, 11:38 am

Buenos wrote:

What I don't like is that she's screwing up with the dinamics of Kurt's band. It's not as if she (or Santana) needs this band right now. At best, it's an enjoyable hobby that she's going to drop the instant she realizes that performing six nights a week in Broadway isn't condusive to working with and up and coming band. But Kurt does need it and Rachel trying to turn members of the group against someone that she has a problem with is really selfish of her.

I'm guessing that this is why Kurt puts his foot down and doesn't allow her and Satana to perform with him. Because what Rachel is doing would be like him walking into her Funny Girl rehearsals and trying to get members of the cast to side with one or the other. It's not fair and it's really, really unprofessional.

And I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm really, really tired of Rachel's "insecurities". She's really got to toughen up and catering to her all the time (as well as the constant ass kissing) hasn't helped.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next