Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5x09 "Frenemies" Watch & Discussion thread

+14
brisallie
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColferFan1
fantastica
YaoiChick
Glorfindel
Kurt addict
valkeakuulas
Divalicious
Buenos
ColferInspired
Ranwing
Jellyrolls
tanita_mors
18 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

5x09 "Frenemies" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%5x09 "Frenemies" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
5x09 "Frenemies" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap19%5x09 "Frenemies" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 19% 
[ 4 ]
5x09 "Frenemies" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap19%5x09 "Frenemies" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 19% 
[ 4 ]
5x09 "Frenemies" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap5%5x09 "Frenemies" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
5x09 "Frenemies" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%5x09 "Frenemies" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
5x09 "Frenemies" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap5%5x09 "Frenemies" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
5x09 "Frenemies" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap52%5x09 "Frenemies" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 52% 
[ 11 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 21

5x09 "Frenemies" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Re: 5x09 "Frenemies" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  YaoiChick 2/26/2014, 4:11 pm

Does anyone know if the Kurt or NY edits are out yet so I can rewatch the starkurt?
YaoiChick
YaoiChick
Llama
Llama

http://ukeobsessed.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

5x09 "Frenemies" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Re: 5x09 "Frenemies" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  ChrisColferFan1 2/26/2014, 4:18 pm

I like the Starkurt scenes and the Starkurt duet. did not care for the other parts.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/26/2014, 4:40 pm

YaoiChick wrote:Does anyone know if the Kurt or NY edits are out yet so I can rewatch the starkurt?

TBH, NY is for once the MAJORITY of the episode . It's easier to just FF the McKinley parts.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  YaoiChick 2/26/2014, 4:44 pm

Buenos wrote:
YaoiChick wrote:Does anyone know if the Kurt or NY edits are out yet so I can rewatch the starkurt?

TBH, NY is for once the MAJORITY of the episode .   It's easier to just FF the McKinley parts.

I don't know how to find the episode at all  :( even the full thing.
YaoiChick
YaoiChick
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 2/26/2014, 4:44 pm

Buenos wrote:

TBH, NY is for once the MAJORITY of the episode .   It's easier to just FF the McKinley parts.

That is what I did. I DVRed it and fast forward the Non NY scenes.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 2/26/2014, 4:45 pm

YaoiChick wrote:
Buenos wrote:

I don't know how to find the episode at all  :( even the full thing.

Maybe ,try Hula? Not sure if that episode is up it or not on that site.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/26/2014, 5:02 pm

I'll PM you.  fanny2
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 2/26/2014, 5:27 pm

tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/26/2014, 5:57 pm

Ratings:

FOX Glee 1.2 2.97

8:00 pm
Fox – Glee (new day and time)
Viewers: 3.05 million (#4), A18-49: 1.2/ 4 (#4)

8:30pm
Fox – Glee (new day and time)
Viewers: 2.88 million (#4), A18-49: 1.1/ 3 (#4)
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/26/2014, 6:19 pm

89. Brave
131. Every breath you take
137. Don't Rain on my Parade
138. I Believe in a thing called love.
168. Breakaway
312 Whenever I call you Friend
356. My Lovin, You never gonna get it.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/26/2014, 6:29 pm

^'I Believe in a Thing Called Love' was very much ahead of the other songs (most of them being more than a 1000 behind) the days before the episode aired. 

My guess is that the Adam Lambert fans bought the song right away when it was released instead of waiting for the episode to air, as most Glee fans do.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/26/2014, 6:30 pm

Oh my.................  aa54  aa54  aa54 

5x09 "Frenemies" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_n1l0b9f96X1qfoe0po1_500

5x09 "Frenemies" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_n1l0b9f96X1qfoe0po2_500
x

ded
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  YaoiChick 2/26/2014, 6:35 pm

Glorfindel wrote:Oh my.................  aa54  aa54  aa54 

5x09 "Frenemies" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_n1l0b9f96X1qfoe0po1_500

5x09 "Frenemies" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_n1l0b9f96X1qfoe0po2_500
x

ded

Holy Hell  aa54 aa54 aa54 
YaoiChick
YaoiChick
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/26/2014, 6:41 pm

That Gif just gives and gives and gives...... 
wub wub
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/26/2014, 8:34 pm

83. Brave
115. Every breath you take
126. I Believe in a thing called love.
127. Don't Rain on my Parade
163. Breakaway
281. Whenever I call you Friend
339. My Lovin, You never gonna get it.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/27/2014, 12:07 am

83. Brave
105. Every breath you take
118 Don't Rain on my Parade
123. I Believe in a thing called love.
160. Breakaway
278.Whenever I call you Friend
325. My Lovin, You never gonna get it.

Last edited by Buenos on 2/27/2014, 5:42 am; edited 3 times in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColfersLightning 2/27/2014, 12:31 am

Buying IBIATCL on my laptop now  Smile Kinda confusing, Im used to doing it on my phone only heh x.x

Ed:
I officially have Chris Glorious sex voice bought and played on my laptop  wub 
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColfersLightning
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/27/2014, 2:05 pm

81. Brave
108. Every breath you take
120 Don't Rain on my Parade
128. I Believe in a thing called love.
160. Breakaway
264.Whenever I call you Friend
301. My Lovin, You never gonna get it.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 2/27/2014, 2:39 pm

Overall was a bearable episode, probably because there was lot of NY Smile

Like Kurt I'm sidening with none of the girls, but I can't deny that I don't like when Rachel reacts too overdramatic and though I tried to get Santana shouldn't have auditioned as understudy as if were her friend's play, and knowing how is Rachel can't be seen as something personal. By other side, I think Santana is free to audition to any play she wants, but she should have warned Rachel in advance; I'm not sure if would have been less problematic, but she would have been mentally prepared. However, I also believe Santana was harsh with her words, and bringing the high school days to the discussion, was like to open a gaping wound, because part of me think Rachel needs to prove she got her aims and is not that lima girl anymore (Still I remember when she got back to lima for Grease play and said the other students will ask her for an autograph). Umm sincerely I think both have equally fault.

I need to vent this, but I hated Rachel when she said her friends weren't supporting her, why did she include Kurt? That's unfair.

Let's talk about something better: STARKURT. Those boys are awesome together! And the performance increases my love for IBITCL, besides, even though I don't see Adam as an strong actor, still I see some naturality in their scenes, when he interacted with Chris, for me it was like seeing two friends talking and taking selfies.

MK... all what I gonna say is I'm glad Artie/Kevin is singing again, how I missed his voice! And is only or I see some self references jokes in this episode? Like Tina being called a bitch and not being the sweet goth girl from season one, or blaine getting everything even though he didn't run for it.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 2/28/2014, 12:46 pm

brisallie wrote:

I need to vent this, but I hated Rachel when she said her friends weren't supporting her, why did she include Kurt? That's unfair.

Let's talk about something better: STARKURT. Those boys are awesome together! And the performance increases my love for IBITCL, besides, even though I don't see Adam as an strong actor, still I see some naturality in their scenes, when he interacted with Chris, for me it was like seeing two friends talking and taking selfies.

MK... all what I gonna say is I'm glad Artie/Kevin is singing again, how I missed his voice! And is only or I see some self references jokes in this episode? Like Tina being called a bitch and not being the sweet goth girl from season one, or blaine getting everything even though he didn't run for it.

Same, I am so angry with Rachel for that.

Kurt and Elliott were the best part of the episode- I adored IBIATCL, and the two of them are adorable together. That last scene with the selfie  wub .

I'm happy to hear Kevin and Jenna sing, but don't give a damn about McKinley.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/28/2014, 3:35 pm

brisallie wrote:I need to vent this, but I hated Rachel when she said her friends weren't supporting her, why did she include Kurt? That's unfair.
Kurt really could only lose in this fight. Whatever he would do one of the girls was bound to hate him for (in their eyes) choosing the other side. Both girls tried to get Kurt in their corner, to use him as 'proof' that they were right and the other was wrong.
Staying neutral was his best option, and even that wasn't good enough for Rachel (and yes: I also hold that against her).

I've read some contradicting comments in several places about Kurt's role in the girls' fight: some say that Kurt should have been on Rachel's side more because Hummelberry are bff while Santana is 'only' his friend (?!), or on the other hand that he shouldn't have interfered/stepped in at all (when it was the girls themselves who kept drawing him into the argument). I've even read that Kurt was responsible for kicking Rachel out (wut? haven't they seen the episode: Rachel chose to leave).
For some fans out there Kurt really can't win, now can he?  dryy 

BTW: I initially wanted to vent this on the snark and bark, but reading and participating in the discussion about the Rachel/Santana fight on several forums and tumblr reminded me again (been there several times when it was Rachel against Kurt) how fanatic some Rachel fans are, how they think she should get everything over any other character in the show, and how blind they are for her bad behaviour just because she supposedly has the best singing voice ever and Lea Michele is the greatest musical talent to walk this earth (in their opinion).

I've noticed (and this is a big generalisation, so don't come at me) that many fans of a character in the show often are a lot like the characters they stan for, and because Glee has so much actor bleed in this case that sometimes extends to the fans of the actors too.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/28/2014, 3:45 pm

Bringing my response to Marie over to Snark and bark so as not to overload this thread with something that isn't completely related to the episode Smile
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/28/2014, 4:21 pm

Kurt really could only lose in this fight. Whatever he would do one of the girls was bound to hate him for (in their eyes) choosing the other side. Both girls tried to get Kurt in their corner, to use him as 'proof' that they were right and the other was wrong.
Staying neutral was his best option, and even that wasn't good enough for Rachel (and yes: I also hold that against her).

Rachel's problem is that because she sees "Funny Girl" as her destination journey to stardom , she expects everyone else to see it as clearly. Kurt does see and support her, but quite frankly, he doesn't bother to hide that his own concerns/needs are more important, and a feud between Rachel/Santana affects him as their friend, nothing more and nothing less.

I do think he's logically closer by far to Rachel than Santana, but at he doesn't want to get sucked into their maelstrom of recriminations/anger. He's being selfish in a good way, for his own sanity.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 2/28/2014, 4:56 pm

The issue with Rachel is that she still seems to believe that the hopes and aspriations of everyone else should always take a back seat to hers. Everyone in the show has their selfish, self-centered moments, but she takes the cake in being absolutely ruthless and very single minded in protecting her own interests. Yet if someone does the same for themselves, it's a personal act of betrayal against her. She just doesn't see past her own wants and needs until someone smacks her in the face with the reminder that other people also have dreams that have just as much right to see fulfilled as she does (the way Mercedes did in Night of Neglect). Rachel's dreams aren't bigger or more important than anyone elses. She may have had them formulated much longer (due to her fathers) and she's worked for them, but that doesn't mean that other people should always have to throw themselves on their swords in order for Rachel to get what she wants.

Kurt was completely in a no-win situation here. His first loyalty would normally be with Rachel because they have been close for a very long time, but if there is anyone who can see through Rachel's bullshit, it's Kurt. He thought her reaction to Santana auditioning was out of line and I agree with him. Rachel doesn't own Funny Girl, no matter what her delusions tell her. It was an open job and Santana had every right to take some concrete steps in setting up her own career. Where Santana went wrong was in letting Rachel goad her into getting their fight to that really ugly, really personal stage.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/28/2014, 5:16 pm

One thing that bugged me about the whole Kurtchelana scenario was that they had Kurt say that he believed Santana was their friend, even though she was still referring to him with the mean nicknames that she regularly uses for him. I don't quite get why he is so accepting of her giving him multiple mean nicknames. One might be cute between friends, but if I were Kurt the amount of times Santana uses mean nickname against me would make me question her friendship.

Just saying Smile
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next