Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 20

+24
AnneNeville
Georgette888
Ireth
opals
bayth
tanita_mors
valkeakuulas
Divalicious
sjonnepon
Ranwing
Lottie2303
Kurt addict
JamieRulz
mindschemez
fantastica
coxfire
Glorfindel
sheny
ChrisColferFan1
ColferInspired
Buenos
Jellyrolls
brisallie
Porcelain
28 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 20 - Page 6 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 20

Post  Buenos 1/22/2014, 4:47 pm

Well after the "100" and there of course are no spoilers post of that, I fully expect it will be Blaine accepted at NYADA , Rachel's "funny girl" resolved one way or another previously ( I think by episodes 9 and 10) and Mercedes getting a recording contract and moving to NY because of it.

Rachel is going to get a "roadblock" ie she will either be fired/replaced on FG or she will crash and burn.  

Santana will still try to figure out her calling, (dancing?, choreography, who knows?)

Kurt's band will be disbanded (no more spoilers of Demi and Adam it seems ) with Star child finding success on his own.

Other then that, I think the engagement will be put in the backburner and I think they may even have Kurt end the engagement because  they are too young for some contrived drama/separation.

As to actual Storylines for Kurt on his own, I have NO idea if he will get one for the rest of the year or what it would be.

Last edited by Buenos on 1/22/2014, 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 20 - Page 6 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 20

Post  Glorfindel 1/22/2014, 4:47 pm

How much does it sting Ryan that even after he gave the nooBlams and Lima 90% of everything plus extra support and an extended school year, while at the same time the New York side was purposely neglected and starved, the New York side still came out as the stronger narrative the media and fans ended up demanding full time?
And what does that say about the abilities of Lea, Chris and Naya? They managed to not only keep their unwanted stepchild of a narrative afloat, but also to let it thrive and become stronger and more popular than the favorite child by far.  hapitgh

I'm fully convinced that it took so ridiculous long for Glee to finally cut their losses and go New York City fulltime because Ryan's ego couldn't handle the audience rejecting his new bunch of ND shiny toys, and consequently them judging and faulting his poor writing and producing. So he pushed and pushed and kept pushing, and now it's so obvious it still didn't work.

That's why I'm still not that optimistic about what's going to happen next, because I think Ryan can be a very sore loser, and he might take it out on the members (and their characters) of his cast who were so strong and dedicated in their work they showed how much weaker the actors on the Lima side (who happen to be Ryan's favorites) are, and who proved how ill-adviced and ill-planned Ryan's vision of a repopulated and rejuvenated choir room was.
Maybe he won't take it out on his precious darling and Glee's cheerleader Lea/Rachel, but I'm not so sure about succesful New York Times bestseller writer slash fan favorite PCA winner Chris and Naya-who-plays-an-angry-lesbian.

And I have no doubt Ryan will take all the energy and effort Chris, Lea and Naya put into saving and establishing their narrative and give it to Blam to waste and squander.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/22/2014, 5:08 pm

Maybe he won't take it out on his precious darling and Glee's cheerleader Lea/Rachel, but I'm not so sure about succesful New York Times bestseller writer slash fan favorite PCA winner Chris and Naya-who-plays-a-lesbian.

Glorfindel, I know Lea isn't that popular around here (I think sometimes she is as disliked as Darren..LOL) but the one thing is that Glee was a success story when even among an imperfect ensemble cast she was the leading actress and star of the show. Love her or hate her Lea/Rachel served Glee well.

Nothing against Darren, but when he became the ipso facto lead character in S4, ie  the "Blee" show, Glee  collapsed because he couldn't cut it as far as maintaining Glee's appeal.  I don't think he was the only reason, (other big ones loom IMO)  but there is no denying there was a huge shift from Seasons 1-3 to Blaine being the star of Season 4. (its the reason Samba panties were being sent to the laundry in huge shipments)  And Season 4 is when the you know what hit the fan and continued in S5.  (Even poor Darren's itunes sales became a joke and his stans are reduced to saying that if his song crack the top 200 it is "a good week' for sales.)

Unlike Lea and Darren,  Chris Colfer  was never the leading character on Glee nor the star of the show with the most SL's and songs.  What he was was a great supporting character with some SL's and occasional song focus.  That was what it was in Seasons 1-3.  Always has been.  In Season 4 and (so far) 5  the SL's were taken away and the song focus was reduced even more.

So I fully expect for Glee to turn focus back to Lea as the lead character and star in both SL's and song.  

The most I hope for Chris is to get some SL's , even one that at least lets his acting shine through.  I don't get a rat's ass if that involves the Blaine character or not, quite frankly I don't think Blaine is the problem with Kurt.  I understand some of the resentment of Lea, Darren,etc and company but they are not the problem, ie their characters.

The problem is the show having an interest/motivation in  giving the only male actor/character who ever received individual nominations for acting from  Emmys (twice) Golden Globes (won), SAG (nominated once) and two PCA's for actor in a comedy some storylines and acting focus again.

So let's wait and see.

If the show doesn't do it, it's because Glee doesn't want to ; meaning Ryan Murphy and company. One can't blame it on a split narrative anymore, one can't blame it on too many character to service.  It will be because the creators/writers simply don't want to highlight Chris/Kurt anymore.

I just wouldn't pin that on Lea/Darren/Amber/Chord, etc, etc.

Last edited by Buenos on 1/22/2014, 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 1/22/2014, 5:12 pm

@Buenos, I was the one who named Skins as an example of series that have changed its whole cast. But after reading your post explaining why this didn't work with Glee, I got it better. And you know, even though in other countries they're series that change its cast in order to favor the plot, they still try to keep they core lead. And I know this has been said countless of times, but the big mistake Ryan did, was trying to get rid off of the originals, because he selfishly thought people would keep watching the series because of the storyline. I'm sorry but if the storyline its repetitive, there's no way the series can be saved.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/22/2014, 5:30 pm

Buenos wrote:Glorfindel, I know Lea isn't that popular around here (I think sometimes she is as disliked as Darren..LOL) but the one thing is that Glee was a success story when even among an imperfect ensemble cast she was the leading actress and star of the show. Love her or hate her Lea/Rachel served Glee well.
I never disputed that Lea is the lead actress of Glee, nor did I imply in any way that I hate or dislike her or Rachel.

All I pointed out is that it's clear that Lea is one of Ryan's favorites and therefore probably safe from any vengeful feelings Ryan might have for the actors who so obviously made him lose face by showing how he squandered the best of his show in favor of the mediocre he has a boner for and the ego of his own writing skills assessment.

If the show doesn't do it, it's because Glee doesn't want to ; meaning Ryan Murphy and company. One can't blame it on a split narrative anymore, one can't blame it on too many character to service.  It will be because the creators/writers simply don't want to highlight Chris/Kurt anymore.

I just wouldn't pin that on Lea/Darren/Amber/Chord, etc, etc.
I pin it solely and exclusively on Ryan and his minions, and never stated otherwise in my above post.

The only thing I could possibly pin on Lea, Darren and Chord (certainly not Amber) is them being prepared to suck up to the boss big time and be the show's cheerleaders. And tbh I can't blame them for that: they have every right to do so in that ego-stroking, nepotistic business that is Hollywood, although one of the reasons I respect Chris so much is that he keeps close to his own opinions and values independence.

Last edited by Glorfindel on 1/22/2014, 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/22/2014, 5:49 pm

I have absolutely no beef with Lea/Rachel being the "star" of Glee. That's what she's been from the very beginning. But back in seasons 1-3 when they had a full episode to divvy up between the various characters, Chris never failed to get very good storylines and story arcs of his own that carried over the course of a season. I may complain about the quality and result of those story arcs (like him being the one not admitted to NYADA at the end of season 3), but he had his stories. And his stories weren't totally joined at the hip with Rachel's (or Blaine's). My complaint about Rachel's storyline is her Special Snowflake treatment and how her success is so much a foregone conclusion that there's no real drama and suspense. And while I may be critical of the quality of Lea's acting and singing at times, I would rather see her in the lead than Darren since she, at least, has the talent and charisma to warrant star status.

I think that a lot of the resentment on this board from Lea has stemmed more recently from the fact that because the NY storyline got so little real screen time and what there was allotted was given almost exclusively to Rachel, with Kurt and Santana getting mere crumbs. It is understandable that there was anger that Rachel's mid-game romance with Brody was given ample focus, and we sat through endless scenes of Rachel in her dance classes and confrontations with Cassandra while we saw almost nothing of Kurt's Vogue internship or his relationship with Adam. And resentment that while Kurt was kept clearly out of NYADA while Rachel was the only one attending, that Rachel got pulled into Kurt's Vogue storyline.

For myself, so long as Kurt gets proper focus again, with real storylines that are about him and his ambitions and dreams and not merely given a scene to play cheerleader for Rachel, I won't care quite so much about Rachel's storylines. Give Kurt some of the time that had been previously wasted on Marley, Ryder and Jacob and there will be plenty of time to tell his story (and Santana's) as well.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/22/2014, 5:54 pm

The only thing I could possibly pin on Lea, Darren and Chord (certainly not Amber) is them being prepared to suck up to the boss big time and be the show's cheerleaders. And tbh I can't blame them for that: they have every right to do so in that ego-stroking, nepotistic business that is Hollywood, although one of the reasons I respect Chris so much is that he keeps close to his own opinions and values independence.

Well none of us knows what goes on behind the scenes  Smile but I hear you.   Matt Morrison was sidelined horribly after season one and one of the rumors was because he refused to go on the Glee tour.  They say Mark Salling fell out of favor because he put out his album on his own.  That Cory was sidelined at times for stepping forward and pointing out to RIB that the cast was being overworked (at the time of the second Glee tour).

All this *could* be true or based on facts, who knows?   I do know that Naya got a huge buildup in Season 3 and then was laughably sidelined in Season 4, whereas the writers think that Chord who was not rehired at the start of S3  is now some sort of leading character on the show.   Shocked 

Having said that, being a possible suckup is the reason anyone can be elevated/promoted in any walk of life or job. We have no way of knowing the real reasons some character were elevated and some seemingly demoted. (On the other end of the spectrum we hear rumors  that Lea/Chris wanted reduced workloads...)  However in Hollywood it seems if a show is successful the fear of losing that success makes the producers/writers usually put up with even a difficult non suckup actor as long as they acknowledge his/her "value" to the show and their part in the success. It's a fact that Chris was the most critically acclaimed of the younger actors (per Emmys/GG, SAGS/) and is popular (PCA's). It's not saying Lea, Darren,Naya, jane, etc are not popular.. however it was his character that was sidelined in both storyline and song more then ever before in S4. (as was Naya's)

Glee shows that Ryan Murphy doesn't care about that, so as a showrunner he certainly seems "unique" among HW types.  He's successful I'll give him that much (to a certain degree) but it doesn't mean that Glee hasn't done some WTF things even by Hollywood's standards.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/22/2014, 6:14 pm

ranwing wrote:I think that a lot of the resentment on this board from Lea has stemmed more recently from the fact that because the NY storyline got so little real screen time and what there was allotted was given almost exclusively to Rachel, with Kurt and Santana getting mere crumbs. It is understandable that there was anger that Rachel's mid-game romance with Brody was given ample focus, and we sat through endless scenes of Rachel in her dance classes and confrontations with Cassandra while we saw almost nothing of Kurt's Vogue internship or his relationship with Adam. And resentment that while Kurt was kept clearly out of NYADA while Rachel was the only one attending, that Rachel got pulled into Kurt's Vogue storyline.

LBR, there was a lot anger when Rachel got into NYADA at the end of S3 and not Kurt, though that was more resentment of how the characters were treated in SL's. (you could say the same thing about alot of the Blaine resentment IMO)

It's a valid point, Ranwing, in that limited screen time of NY in the split narrative was yet ANOTHER reason why Chris didn't get anymore SL's and screen time. All I'm saying the resentment of Lea, Darren, etc, while felt by some and legit I suppose, doesn't disguise that if the writers are not interested in Chris , split narrative or not (and now ThAT excuse is gone), Blaine, Rachel or other characters existing or not, the show is not going to change what he gets.

They can give him SL's if they want to, that they don't is what we have.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 1/22/2014, 6:35 pm

What I find fascinating in the whole Glee universe is that KURT is the number one character written in fanfiction. No other character is as beloved as Kurt. The canon writers don't care about him, but the fans definitely do. They want to make things right for the character and I prefer to read and enjoy their stories more than anything Glee has put on the screen. It makes me very sad that we never got to see Kurt's point of view and focus for most of the last 2 years. What a waste...
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 1/22/2014, 10:39 pm

bayth wrote:What I find fascinating in the whole Glee universe is that KURT is the number one character written in fanfiction.  No other character is as beloved as Kurt.  The canon writers don't care about him, but the fans definitely do.  They want to make things right for the character and I prefer to read and enjoy their stories more than anything Glee has put on the screen.  It makes me very sad that we never got to see Kurt's point of view and focus for most of the last 2 years.  What a waste...

Agree, I may stop watching Glee totally, when Blaine and Sam get's to NY ,but will continue to read Glee fanfiction as long as they are being written.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/23/2014, 12:35 am

Well for the first time in 5 years Glee has done something about what many complained was one of the fundamental chronic problems of Glee; too many characters to service.

S4 was the worst, two narratives where over 20 characters had speaking roles along with guest stars... coool 

It seems the show has been whittled down to 7 young characters in one setting.

Will it stick? I have my doubts.  Smile 

Still waiting for new guest stars to be announced soon.... Rolling Eyes 

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/23/2014, 4:37 am

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 20 - Page 6 Tumblr_mzu9n8C7Pl1r4ezfzo2_500
Ryan Murphy ‏@MrRPMurphy 17m
They're back! pic.twitter.com/o09lSZpSua
X
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/23/2014, 5:14 am

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 20 - Page 6 Tumblr_mzuel0sEEB1r4ezfzo1_500
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 1/23/2014, 6:59 am

I think Glee could have changed the cast. I firmly believe if the NYC spin-off would have happened and they would have cast the actors in the same fashion of Season 1, with new characters who are not carbon copies and also unique and sincere outcasts, it could have worked. Glee actually had the formula for a rotating cast. They just did every mistake possible to avoid even just the potential of success.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/23/2014, 8:04 am

^Agreed.

It was the shitty writing and the incompetence of the writers/producers to really create a revolving door type of show that made Glee such a complete clusterf*ck and failure.

Plus they chickened out a few times when they should have either been bold and pushed on with their original plans (despite fan protests), or when they should have stopped and turn back before they created certain problems in the first place.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 1/23/2014, 8:38 am

Glorfindel wrote:Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 20 - Page 6 Tumblr_mzuel0sEEB1r4ezfzo1_500

I love the "originals." I hope that means only people who were there in season one.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/23/2014, 11:31 am

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 20 - Page 6 Tumblr_mzuklqUdyc1r4ezfzo1_500

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 20 - Page 6 SpacerKurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 20 - Page 6 Tumblr_mzuklqUdyc1r4ezfzo2_1280

Apparently there's some mentioning of or tribute to Finn in the 100th: there's the picture of Finn/Cory at the bottom left.

Not sure how I feel about that, tbh.  unsure 
On the one hand it's good that Finn (and Cory) is not forgotten that easily on the show, but otoh the cast has to get themselves through filming another very emotional scene.

And there's always the danger of the writers screwing it up one way or the other.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 1/23/2014, 1:20 pm

Is that the Finn plaque that Rachel gave Schue?

So, I wonder if this is the same thing that Amber tweeted about with the "originals."
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/23/2014, 1:36 pm

NGL,

To clarify, I'm sure everyone is professional and has empathy for their fellow actors who are out of a job. So I don't think there is any overt chest pumping, hostility, resentment,  etc or ill will toward any of the individual actors who I'm sure they've friendly with or even bonded with.

However the Glee cast is only *human*;  here has to be a certain amount of satisfaction, if not tacit gloating among themselves that the experiment of McKinley Noobs/Replacements was a failure.  That Ryan's thinking they were interchangeable with new actors, that their chemistry was easily reproduceable with 2.0's; that what they had wasn't that *special*  has to make some of them smile , not only the departed regulars but also the remaining regulars (Lea, Chris and Naya).

Both Mark and Amber have used terms such as "Original Glee" and "Originals".  
Read what you want into that.

In my mind Chris and the  other Originals whisper among themselves "the people have spoken".

Once again, only human.
 tonguue
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/23/2014, 7:50 pm

While I'm pessimistic about Chris singing more even in a stripped down Glee,  :( 

I am very curious if Amber is back as a regular as far as song distribution in NY Gee.... phr34r 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/23/2014, 7:53 pm

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 20 - Page 6 Tumblr_mzvlx2wrxa1r4ezfzo1_500
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/24/2014, 1:35 pm

Since the show is giving us precious little spoilers in the way of Kurt goodness to look foward to, I thought that we should have a bit of inspriation from Tumblr about how in just a month, we are going to see this guy...

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 20 - Page 6 Tumblr_inline_mzvzbb7cwb1s1fb6wKurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 20 - Page 6 Tumblr_inline_mzvzcubvBn1s1fb6wKurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 20 - Page 6 Tumblr_inline_mzvzdjLNAg1s1fb6wKurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 20 - Page 6 Tumblr_inline_mzvze54Izy1s1fb6wKurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 20 - Page 6 Tumblr_inline_mzvzemqhdy1s1fb6w

And this other guy...

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 20 - Page 6 Tumblr_inline_mzvztm9Dti1s1fb6wKurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 20 - Page 6 Tumblr_inline_mzvzfxD0321s1fb6wKurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 20 - Page 6 Tumblr_inline_mzvzpbU2Yj1s1fb6w

POLE DANCING TOGETHER!

I love how they are doing similar moves but with very different styles. Adam kind of throws his whole body into his hip rolls, shimmys and body bends, while Chris has the isolations of a top notch belly dancer. I'm ready for my tv to burst into flames from the impending hotness and the reams of fanfiction having Kurt and Elliot having the most amazing hate sex ever!
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 1/24/2014, 2:23 pm

maybe "pole dancing" simply means dancing w/ mop poles/handles but who cares. excited for this.  Smile
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 1/24/2014, 2:24 pm

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 20 - Page 6 Tumblr_m3dh1et7zZ1qfoe0po1_500
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/24/2014, 2:46 pm

Kurt and StarChild.  wub wub 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next