Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5

+31
YaoiChick
comeonitslife
awesomenessthatischriscol
Nellya
ChrisColfersLightning
Ireth
MoviesAreLife
mindschemez
Divalicious
Georgette888
Porcelain
Kurt addict
coxfire
Delight
ChrisColferFan1
Kurt Hummel
bayth
angelnessa
AnneNeville
tanita_mors
valkeakuulas
Jellyrolls
sheny
brisallie
fantastica
Glorfindel
ColferInspired
glimmerle
Buenos
Ranwing
Lottie2303
35 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 6 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5

Post  Ranwing 12/21/2013, 10:13 am

^ Not a real surprise that even the critics who've been giving Darren regularly scheduled tongue baths are starting to reach Blaine fatigue. It's like eating a bowl of sugar - sooner or later the diabetic shock is just going to get to you.

I had this same complaint at times when it was All Rachel All The Time... when you have a cast this talented, you want a little variety. No matter how much you may like one particular performer (and Lea does have an amazing voice with the right material), hearing it over and over and over again basically ends up being diminishing satisfaction. Now we have Darren being given so many solos that they just become meaningless (and the ITunes sales reflect this - we're a long way from Teenage Dream). And he's not a fraction as talented as Lea, either as a singer or as an actor.

This is one of the reason why Chris's solos often are received so well - when we generally get three or so per season, they're something to be prized and savored because we don't know how long we're going to have to wait until we get another one. Kurt solos are the caviar of Glee solos - the special occasion treat that we look forward to, while the Blaine solos are the junk food.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 6 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5

Post  brisallie 12/21/2013, 11:28 am

The EW article it gives me hope that other critics also might post that 'Puppet Master' has been the worst episode so far. I simply like they are realizing that focusing too much on Blaine isn't doing something good to the series.

@Ranwing, love your analogy between Blaine's solos and junk food Smile

As regards Lea's song, I'm glad its doing well.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 12/22/2013, 6:35 pm

Dot-Marie and Bridgett had a surprise-wedding saturday night!  neutre 

Dot-Marie Jones is a married woman! 
The Glee star and her longtime girlfriend, Bridgett Casteen, exchanged vows at their Los Angeles home Saturday night, their rep confirms to PEOPLE exclusively. 
Close friends of Jones, 49, and Casteen were invited to a holiday party at the couple’s home. The duo then surprised their guests by informing them that they were actually gathered to witness their nuptials. 
Jones, who plays Coach Shannon Beiste on the long-running Fox show, popped the question to Casteen at Disneyland during the Gay Days Anaheim weekend in October.
"Thank you @dotmariejones for making me the happiest woman in the world," Casteen Tweeted at the time. This is the first marriage for Jones and the second marriage for Casteen.
people.com

I wonder if Chris and Will were there (I think so, tbh).
Anyway: congratulations!!!  hola

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 6 Tumblr_my86eewdz21s5yr3ro1_500
x
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 12/22/2013, 11:31 pm

So happy for Dot and Bridgett :)I love when weddings are a surprise. I wish them the best.

brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 12/27/2013, 1:57 pm

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 12/27/2013, 3:40 pm

A beautiful piece choreographed by Harry Shum...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elILetNPyr4
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 12/27/2013, 3:57 pm

Buenos wrote:Another song from Lea's album: Battlefield

http://pamelansbury.tumblr.com/post/71306401236/battlefield-full-song

It's better than Cannonball, that's for sure. If only by virtue of the fact that it's not nearly so repetitious. I still find it dull and very oversung. I'm just going to have to chalk it up to the fact that I'm going to be overcritical and it's not an album that I'm going to enjoy. I didn't like Naya's single either (which was a peice of junk) and you couldn't pay me to listen to a Darren Criss album. I have my favorite and will happily cling to my biases.

Am guessing that maybe her people were concerned about sales if they're dropping another single (albiet a far better one) so quickly after the first. The same thing happened to Adam Lambert with his first album - the first single (which was the title track) went nowhere so they quickly dropped a second single that sold extremely well. Outside of Glee fan circles, I'm just not hearing a whole lot of buzz about the album. Hopefully for Lea a better single might spark some more interest.

Last edited by Ranwing on 12/27/2013, 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 12/27/2013, 4:01 pm

I love this song...just love the  hook and the lyrics.    wub  wub
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 12/27/2013, 4:07 pm

Buenos wrote:A beautiful piece choreographed by Harry Shum...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elILetNPyr4

Outstanding! He is so talented. Not every dancer can choreograph original work that well. Wish that I can get a copy of this without the narration, because it kept distracting me from really getting into the performance.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 12/27/2013, 6:13 pm

^You can always turn the sound off.  fanny2 
Harry's dance is beautiful and very expressive. I love how he used the paint and colored sand.  wub 

Lea's new single is a lot better than 'Cannonball', that's for sure. Her voice really shines on this one (although I personally don't like her OTT singing style, but her fans will probably love it).
The lyrics are nice, but tbh I had to read them first to get the gist of the song, as the song itself couldn't hold my interest: it quickly turned into meaningless lovely sounds in the back of my head while my thoughts wandered off to other distractions.

I also have the feeling they released this song fairly quickly after the first one because 'Cannonball' didn't get the warm reception they were hoping for.
Let's see what 'Battlefield' will do in the charts, and what style the other songs on the album will be.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 12/27/2013, 6:18 pm

I also have the feeling they released this song fairly quickly after the first one because 'Cannonball' didn't get the warm reception they were hoping for.

From what I understand they are planning to release a new track every two weeks until the album is released.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 12/27/2013, 6:40 pm

^That's wat they're saying now (if that rumor is true), but who knows if that was their strategy all along.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 6 Tumblr_myh7bkRA4h1qgggqfo1_r1_250  General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 6 Tumblr_myh7bkRA4h1qgggqfo2_r1_250

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 6 Tumblr_myh7bkRA4h1qgggqfo3_r1_250  General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 6 Tumblr_myh7bkRA4h1qgggqfo4_r1_250

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 6 Tumblr_myh7bkRA4h1qgggqfo5_r1_250  General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 6 Tumblr_myh7bkRA4h1qgggqfo6_r1_250

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 6 Tumblr_myh7bkRA4h1qgggqfo7_r1_250  General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 6 Tumblr_myh7bkRA4h1qgggqfo8_r1_250

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 6 Tumblr_myh7bkRA4h1qgggqfo9_r1_250  General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 6 Tumblr_myh7bkRA4h1qgggqfo10_r1_250
x
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 12/27/2013, 6:45 pm

^That's wat they're saying now (if that rumor is true), but who knows if that was their strategy all along.

Does it really matter?

It's not  as if anybody can prove it one one way or another.  SHRUG.

Her team is trying to promote her music, I think that is what marketing/PR  is suppose to do.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 12/27/2013, 6:57 pm

Glorfindel wrote:^That's wat they're saying now (if that rumor is true), but who knows if that was their strategy all along.

It's rare that albums will release everything as a single, especially before the album drops. Deft Punk did, but they also did music videos for ever song on the album. And Fall Out Boy is following the same strategy with their new album, and so is Beyonce (I think). But these are all very well known, established recording artists with devoted followings. Lea isn't at this point. Unless they plan to make a video for every single (which is what the other artists are doing and I doubt that they're going to invest those kind of $ for Lea), it's going to come across like a gimmick.

In nearly every other case that I've seen, releasing a new single very quickly after the first one drops is damage control. And it's not the worst thing in the world. As I said, it happened to Adam Lambert with his first single. For Your Entertainment didn't do much on the charts (even with an absolutely killer video) so they released Better Than I Know Myself and it went platinum. It that case it was smart for the label to quickly write off the first single and then focus on something more readily marketable. I think that Cannonball was a mistake as a release. It's a plodding number that really doesn't do anything, and Lea's voice just don't work with it. I wouldn't blame the label for backtracking and putting something better out there.

My concern, if it is indeed true that they're going to release every single before the album is released is that people is that it's going to hurt album sales in the long run. Why buy an album if you're only interested in one or two singles?  And it also runs the risk of diminishing returns and satisfaction for the listeners. Especially if song quality is as drastically uneven as we see between Cannonball and Battlefield (and seriously, did we need to war-titled singles relased one right after the other?). I think that this is an effort to gin up some kind of excitement (which seems to be lacking), but it may end up backfiring.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 12/27/2013, 7:01 pm

ranwing wrote:My concern

With all due respect, I wouldn't categorize your analysis as "concern".   coool

Most artists face an uphill battle to get their foot in the recording industry as far as some sort of tangible success.  Lea isn't any different, so it's hard to question strategy for any non superstar strategy when it's just daunting odds regardless.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 12/27/2013, 7:28 pm

Buenos wrote:

Does it really matter?
It mattered in this discussion, as you specifically quoted my post first when you mentioned the 2 weeks releases, a quote in which I expressed my suspicion that Lea's PR team released the 2nd single so soon after the first because the first didn't get the enthusiastic response they wanted.

But it's true we will never know what their strategy was from the getgo, nor does it negate the fact that it's a smart thing from her PR team to do if they indeed changed tactics because of the criticism on 'Cannonball'.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 12/27/2013, 7:47 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
Buenos wrote:

Does it really matter?
It mattered in this discussion, as you specifically quoted my post first when you mentioned the 2 weeks releases, a quote in which I expressed my suspicion that Lea's PR team released the 2nd single so soon after the first because the first didn't get the enthusiastic response they wanted.

But it's true we will never know what their strategy was from the getgo, nor does it negate the fact that it's a smart thing from her PR team to do if they indeed changed tactics because of the criticism on 'Cannonball'.
I simply stated ( I read somewhere) they were planning to release a single every two weeks.   You're the one connecting the strategy as a response to your perceived lack of enthusiasm for her single.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 12/27/2013, 7:58 pm

Found this on Buzzfeed.com

15 Times Darren Criss OWNED 2013:

1.When he sang from the soul at the Kids’ Inaugural Concert.

And then fist-bumped the President.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 6 Anigif_enhanced-buzz-16033-1387592834-3

2.There was that time he made us laugh at the 2013 SAG Awards:

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 6 Tumblr_mhbacuqgKi1s258eao2_250

3.He looked gorgeous on the cover of Essential Homme Magazine.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 6 Enhanced-buzz-8383-1387587405-0

4.Was voted 1/2 of of EW’s “Best TV Couple of All Time”.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 6 Ewklaine_zpsa18b7b68

The people spoke and they love them some Klaine!

5.Became an honorary member of the Yale Whiffenpoofs.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 6 Enhanced-buzz-10619-1387588230-5

6.Then he totally crashed a Hanson rehearsal.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 6 Tumblr_mkx80cgQyC1qzmvoio6_250

7.His first North American tour SOLD OUT!

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 6 Enhanced-buzz-9170-1387588715-13

And he absolutely CRUSHED IT!

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 6 Enhanced-buzz-25806-1387588807-9

8.There was the release of his first major motion picture.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 6 Enhanced-buzz-23913-1387589896-0

Guyliner was involved.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 6 Enhanced-buzz-9606-1387589980-2

AND BACKSTREET BOYS!

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 6 Anigif_enhanced-buzz-25760-1387590589-5

I want HIM that way.

9.He took part in PBS’ Capitol Fourth Celebration.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 6 Enhanced-buzz-17372-1387589102-2

Because he is a national treasure!

10. He co-hosted the 2013 Teen Choice Awards with Lucy Hale.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 6 Enhanced-buzz-17545-1387589514-9

Where he got Harry Styles to twerk that ass.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 6 Anigif_enhanced-buzz-27280-1387589612-0

And did some twerking himself.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 6 Enhanced-buzz-12773-1387589720-10

In a onesie. Because he doesn’t give a single f***.

11.He went on to host We Day Toronto.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 6 Enhanced-buzz-21800-1387590749-0

Awww! It’s mini-Darren.

12.Teamed up with the creative crew of The Motley.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 6 Enhanced-buzz-11258-1387591013-8

He’s now the face and “high-level lab rat” for the brand.

13.Then there was the time when he announced the People’s Choice Award nominations.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 6 Enhanced-buzz-16699-1387591170-0

Where he was nominated in FOUR categories!

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 6 Enhanced-buzz-25870-1387591376-14

Darren Criss: Comedic TV Actor
Blaine/Sam: TV Bromance
Kurt/Blaine: On-Screen Chemistry
Glee: Network TV Comedy

And got so adorably excited:

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 6 Enhanced-buzz-26167-1387591543-2

“THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN!”

14.He joined Cher Lloyd and Andrew Schulz as a host of the MTV EMA Kick-Off Show.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 6 Enhanced-buzz-26760-1387591788-11

He always looks so dapper.

15. And appeared in HBO’s Six by Sondheim.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 6 Enhanced-buzz-23913-1387592143-2

A documentary exploring the great Stephen Sondheim’s life and work.

So it’s no shocker he’s one of Tumblr’s most reblogged actors of 2013.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 6 Anigif_enhanced-buzz-27295-1387592577-9

Now let’s hope for EVEN MORE Darren in 2014!

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 6 Anigif_enhanced-buzz-26782-1387592947-9

I've accepted the fact that not everyone here likes Darren/Blaine (which why is I haven't posted in any of the episode threads) but decided to post this anyway because I love Darren. I admit that while I've loved Blaine since season 2,  I didn't become a Darren fan until I watched A Very Potter Musical about 2 years ago.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 12/27/2013, 8:05 pm

I've accepted the fact that not everyone here likes Darren/Blaine (which why is I haven't posted in any of the episode threads) but decided to post this anyway because I love Darren. I admit that while I've loved Blaine since season 2,  I didn't become a Darren fan until I watched A Very Potter Musical about 2 years ago.

LOL, it's fine.   Different opinions are fine as long as everyone can express theirs..... Razz 

I like Lea so I know what it's like to have a minority opinion.   Smile
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 12/27/2013, 8:24 pm

Not a fan of either Blaine or Darren, but like Darren at least 10 times more than Blaine.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 12/27/2013, 8:25 pm

To quote Kurt Hummel, I'd say that Chris Colfer had a pretty good year... Smile 

Was voted by the People Choice Awards polling as most popular  actor in a comedy for 2013
Had a second best selling book in the NY times best seller list.
Signed an additional 3 book deal with his publishing company.
Time Magazine utilized  him to write a piece on JP Rowling.
Esquire used him for their iconic people interviewed  for their 80th special anniversary edition.
His movie "Struck by Lightning" was released on Blu ray/DVD in most Westernized countries.
Translations of his book were also released in different languages/countries
Had his twitter pass 2.5 million followers
Continued to get  critical notice/acclaim for his iconic role on Glee as Kurt

All this by the age of 23, not bad, Mr. Chris Colfer!
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 12/27/2013, 8:28 pm

Buenos wrote:To quote Kurt Hummel, I'd say that Chris Colfer had a pretty good year... Smile 

Was voted by the People Choice Awards polling as most popular  actor in a comedy for 2013
Esquire used him for their iconic people interviewed  for their 80th special anniversary edition.
His movie "Struck by Lightning" was released on Blu ray/DVD in most Westernized countries.

Good points. I agree Chris did have a great year. Hopefully, 2014 will be as great if not better.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  angelnessa 12/27/2013, 8:31 pm

All I can say is Darren has a very good team. I don't like him, but I'm glad his fans had a good year.

Chris has had another stellar year, hasn't he, when it's all listed like that. He also got a lot more fun vacation time in this year, which I was really glad to see  neutre .
angelnessa
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 12/27/2013, 8:38 pm

angelnessa wrote:Chris has had another stellar year, hasn't he, when it's all listed like that. He also got a lot more fun vacation time in this year, which I was really glad to see  neutre .
Don't forget the Paris Premiere of "Struck by Lightning"
Add to that his book tours in the US and even England where fans were lined up around the block  to meet him...
And 2 More People Choice Award nominations by YE  (again for actor in a comedy and best chemistry)

Plus to paraphrase the Backlot..
"what must it be like to be Chris Colfer and get more gorgeous every day..." neutre
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 12/27/2013, 8:58 pm

ChrisColferFan1 wrote:Not a fan of either Blaine or Darren, but like Darren  at least 10 times more  than Blaine.

I understand. I can see why some people don't like Blaine.

Buenos wrote:To quote Kurt Hummel, I'd say that Chris Colfer had a pretty good year... Smile 

Buenos wrote:
Don't forget the Paris Premiere of "Struck by Lightning"
Add to that his book tours in the US and even England where fans were lined up around the block  to meet him...
And 2 More People Choice Award nominations by YE  (again for actor in a comedy and best chemistry)

Plus to paraphrase the Backlot..
"what must it be like to be Chris Colfer and get more gorgeous every day..." neutre

That's true. Chris did have an amazing year! Smile I really can't wait to see what he has planned next.  hapitgh I would love if had another book tour. I voted a lot for my city for the last book signing thing but mine didn't get picked.  :( I got TLOS 2 from my grandma for Christmas (we watch Glee together sometimes and she knows how much I love Chris  wub) and can't wait to read it.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next