Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Land of Stories 3 : A Grimm Warning Main Thread

+22
Jellyrolls
Kurt addict
Delight
brisallie
ColdFlame96
MissSoniaPP
MoviesAreLife
sjonnepon
kac
Ranwing
fantastica
Buenos
ChrisColferFan1
Georgette888
Lottie2303
tanita_mors
valkeakuulas
bayth
mindschemez
sheny
Glorfindel
ColferInspired
26 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The Land of Stories 3 : A Grimm Warning Main Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Land of Stories 3 : A Grimm Warning Main Thread

Post  Glorfindel 2/6/2014, 5:30 pm

The Land of Stories 3 : A Grimm Warning Main Thread - Page 3 Tumblr_n0lcjbLb3F1qe476yo1_r1_250
"We are Excited For TLOS3" is trending worldwide!  bounce
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

The Land of Stories 3 : A Grimm Warning Main Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Land of Stories 3 : A Grimm Warning Main Thread

Post  valkeakuulas 2/6/2014, 5:59 pm

As usual the cover is again filled with so many little details and I have no doubt this has Chris's ideas behind it as the last two had.

What are those, ogres behind the soldiers? Thise look like the soldiers that Queen of Hearts had.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/6/2014, 6:13 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:What are those, ogres behind the soldiers? Thise look like the soldiers that Queen of Hearts had.
More like British guards:

The Land of Stories 3 : A Grimm Warning Main Thread - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPWZgDPCsIW_0Ey7nMItsYaJPgFWo_fP0cRpLQMIUV_UWbygNN_Q

Razz

But my guess is that they are tin soldiers from the fairy tale :

The Land of Stories 3 : A Grimm Warning Main Thread - Page 3 Toy_soldiers_521
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 2/6/2014, 6:20 pm

My guess for the guy in the bottom left picture is The Scarecrow from The Wizard of Oz...
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/6/2014, 6:22 pm

bayth wrote:My guess for the guy in the bottom left picture is The Scarecrow from The Wizard of Oz...

Are the OZ characters in the public domain these days? I know fairy tales are not protected because they stretch back hundreds of years...
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/6/2014, 6:33 pm

^I don't know, but Chris had Dorothy in TLoS2, so if she can be written into his book then surely so can the scarecrow.  saispa
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 2/6/2014, 6:44 pm

Buenos wrote:
bayth wrote:My guess for the guy in the bottom left picture is The Scarecrow from The Wizard of Oz...

Are the OZ characters in the public domain these days? I know fairy tales are not protected because they stretch back hundreds of years...

The book is whilst the film is not so you have to make sure you derive all inspiration from how the book characterises everyone and not how how Judy Garland et al did. You have to be also careful to use no dialogue that is in the film but not the book.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 2/6/2014, 6:44 pm

I recall Oz being open access for awhile now. I think it was written 1899. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 2/6/2014, 6:49 pm

Yeah, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz passed into public domain in 1956. It was published in 1900.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/6/2014, 8:28 pm

I just adore the cover.  wub 

And there will be more books. I am so happy.  Smile
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/6/2014, 8:42 pm

I smell movie rights... Razz 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 2/6/2014, 8:57 pm

Well, now we know for sure that the twins will work together again (not that we didn't before but the suspense was nice).  Razz I love how his covers are so spoiler-y, but at the same time don't reveal anything at all. Classic Chris. I will say that the 2nd cover will always be my favorite just because of the color scene and how gorgeous is looked, but this ones really cool and makes it seem like it's well worth the wait. Also, it's coming out on my birthday, which makes it that much sweeter.  fanny2 
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 2/6/2014, 9:52 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:But isn't there somewhere the cover with a better resolution? I want more details.  :( 
Ask and ye shall receive:

The Land of Stories 3 : A Grimm Warning Main Thread - Page 3 Tumblr_n0kxb9DBKr1qe476yo1_r1_500

What a beautiful cover! I'm trying to guess what new adventures are having the kids...sorry teenagers, but I'm not good at fairy tales.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 2/6/2014, 10:13 pm

The Land of Stories 3 : A Grimm Warning Main Thread - Page 3 Twitte22
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  mindschemez 2/7/2014, 4:34 am

The cover is so BADASS! I was hoping for a red cover, too.

It's very intriguing, love the detail. I just noticed the witches too.

Also, really glad Lester made the cover. Lester was seriously one of the best things about TLOS2.

mindschemez
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/7/2014, 4:57 am

mindschemez wrote:The cover is so BADASS!

banzai banzai banzai 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/7/2014, 5:05 am

As the kids are older I think this book will be a bit darker than the second one.  neutre 

I like that with each book he adds new characters that readers can full in love with.

July can't come soon enough.

Though I will probably have to wait over a week for my copy to come in the mail, while others already have their copies.  :( 

Though I do enjoy the excitement when fans will talk about it on tumblr. Though I don't read the spoilers.  Smile
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 2/7/2014, 9:28 pm

ColferInspired wrote:As the kids are older I think this book will be a bit darker than the second one.

I think it'll be like Harry Potter where as the kids get older, the plot will get more complicated and darker. Also, his audience is growing with the kids, so I'm looking forward to seeing how his writing will evolve.

ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/10/2014, 9:45 pm

The thing I am most excited for is the twins working together again. They are my favorite characters.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  mindschemez 2/11/2014, 2:18 am

Entertainment Weekly Shelf Life http://shelf-life.ew.com/2014/02/06/glee-chris-colfer-book/

On The Books: Glee's Chris Colfer drops another book

The Land of Stories 3 : A Grimm Warning Main Thread - Page 3 Chris-Colfer

Chris Colfer (the one who plays sassy Kurt on Glee) writes children’s books. Just to make you feel unproductive this Thursday, he already has two books under his belt and he’s only 23. In between filming Glee episodes, he’s found the time to write a third, The Land of Stories: A Grimm Warning. In between my heavy coffee-drinking, I found the time to author this post, so we’re all busy. Colfer just announced that the fantasy story will be released on July 8, and USA Today has an excerpt. Don’t all rush over there at once! [USA Today]

mindschemez
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 2/11/2014, 6:13 am

Love the TLOS3 cover! How did I miss this? Been too distracted by my Stephen Chow movie marathon probably...

Aside from the obvious reunion of the twins, I can't help but notice that dragon in the background. Just curious-- has there even been a dragon featured in a fairy tale? I could only think of Maleficent transforming into one, but I had wondered if that's just a purely Disney cartoon creation.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/11/2014, 8:34 am

^Taking this to the spoiler and discuss thread.  fanny2

BTW: I just pre-ordered my copy of TLoS3 on amazon.de !  hola
With a little luck I'll get it a day or 2 before I go on holiday, yay!
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 3/22/2014, 9:47 pm

He's done!!

The Land of Stories 3 : A Grimm Warning Main Thread - Page 3 Photo_34
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/22/2014, 9:50 pm

bayth wrote:He's done!!

The Land of Stories 3 : A Grimm Warning Main Thread - Page 3 Photo_34

I just saw and was about to post it.  bounce

I should be pre-ordering my copy this Tuesday.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 3/23/2014, 1:46 am

^ I'll be waiting for the audiobook to become available first before I order. That way, I'll only need to pay for the shipping cost once.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next