Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Land of Stories 3 : A Grimm Warning Main Thread

+22
Jellyrolls
Kurt addict
Delight
brisallie
ColdFlame96
MissSoniaPP
MoviesAreLife
sjonnepon
kac
Ranwing
fantastica
Buenos
ChrisColferFan1
Georgette888
Lottie2303
tanita_mors
valkeakuulas
bayth
mindschemez
sheny
Glorfindel
ColferInspired
26 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The Land of Stories 3 : A Grimm Warning Main Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Land of Stories 3 : A Grimm Warning Main Thread

Post  ColferInspired 6/6/2014, 10:50 am

The Land of Stories 3 : A Grimm Warning Main Thread - Page 6 Tumblr_n6qqjasUQ71qe476yo1_1280
@beccalikesbooks Beautiful book alert! Copies of The Land of Stories: A Grimm Warning @chriscolfer @LBKidsUK are in!
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

The Land of Stories 3 : A Grimm Warning Main Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Land of Stories 3 : A Grimm Warning Main Thread

Post  Glorfindel 6/6/2014, 6:11 pm

The Land of Stories 3 : A Grimm Warning Main Thread - Page 6 Tumblr_n6ricijx7h1qe476yo1_500
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 6/6/2014, 8:46 pm

Peps, only a month or so to go till Chris's new book drops. I'm counting the days.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 6/6/2014, 9:06 pm

The Land of Stories 3 : A Grimm Warning Main Thread - Page 6 Tumblr_n6rtirE1B01qe476yo1_500
The Land of Stories 3 : A Grimm Warning Main Thread - Page 6 Tumblr_n6rtirE1B01qe476yo2_r1_500

ANNOUNCING THE LAND OF STORIES U.S. FAN ART CONTEST!

In celebration of the US publication of The Land of Stories: A Grimm Warning, we’re looking for some talented #TLOS artists to share their best work – to be judged by Chris himself!

Have you drawn a ravishing Red Riding Hood? Crafted a clever Conner Bailey? Sketched an evil Enchantress?

If you are a resident of the United States, submit your #TLOS creations below for a chance to have YOUR art featured in New York City as part of the upcoming The Land of Stories: A Grimm Warning Book Tour!

The three grand prize winning pieces will be unveiled by Chris at his book signing in New York! Ten first prize winners will receive a full set of The Land of Stories books signed by Chris!

You must follow this tumblr to submit, and your submissions must be 100% made by you. Good luck!

Read official rules and prizing here.
x
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ladydianab 6/6/2014, 11:59 pm

crycry Wait .. what about those of us who have absolutely no artistic ability at all. We need a separate contest. Sigh.
ladydianab
ladydianab
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 6/18/2014, 8:01 pm

The Land of Stories 3 : A Grimm Warning Main Thread - Page 6 Tumblr_n7dyojgSoV1qe476yo1_500
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 6/26/2014, 6:51 pm

The Land of Stories 3 : A Grimm Warning Main Thread - Page 6 Tumblr_n7shvxgy9r1qe476yo1_500
www.thelandofstories.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Land of Stories 3 : A Grimm Warning Main Thread - Page 6 Tumblr_n7sei4f7FO1r0gz8lo1_400

TLOS3 in Barnes and Nobel’s member savings booklet!
x
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 6/27/2014, 8:33 pm

^Chris noticed it too:

The Land of Stories 3 : A Grimm Warning Main Thread - Page 6 Tumblr_n7ulf9XcGS1r5u4gao1_500
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 7/3/2014, 4:51 pm

A Grimm Warning, both book and audio book, just became available to order from Adlibris, for those in Finland, Norway and Sweden. Go order people, it's very cheap as well, only 11,50€!
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 7/4/2014, 10:46 am

The Land of Stories 3 : A Grimm Warning Main Thread - Page 6 Tumblr_n85m7p014x1qe476yo1_500
The Big Profile: Chris Colfer

Starring on “Glee” means 16-hour workdays, so Chris Colfer says he writes his novels “at night, in between scenes, during setups and the entire weekend.” His fourth and latest book is “A Grimm Warning,” a Y.A. revival of classic fairy tales. The strangest writing spot he found was underneath the stage at the O2 Arena in London, where he retreated during a “Glee” tour event. One challenge: “It was difficult when there were 15,000 screaming 14-year-old girls two feet away.”
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

The Land of Stories 3 : A Grimm Warning Main Thread - Page 6 Empty Book

Post  Kurt addict 7/5/2014, 7:21 am

Just got an e mail to say my book has been dispatched so excited
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/17/2014, 7:37 pm

http://www.usatoday.com/life/books/best-selling/week/2014/29/page/3/?ajax=true

USA Today best selling books

The Land of Stories: A Grimm Warning
byChris Colfer
Conner and Alex must join forces with their friends and enemies to save the day; third in series
Genre:YouthDebuted:July 17 2014
Buy Now 1Weeks Listed#29Best Week

Please note this list includes all genres..
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 7/18/2014, 3:23 am

ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/18/2014, 6:07 am

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/wall-street-journal-best-sellers-24607370

WALL STREET JOURNAL-BEST SELLERS

FICTION

1. "Four: A Divergent Collection" by Veronica Roth (Katherine Tegen Books)

2. "Act of War" by Brad Thor (Atria Books)

3. "Invisible" by James Patterson and David Ellis (Little, Brown)

4. "Top Secret Twenty-One" by Janet Evanovich (Bantam)

5. "Insurgent" by Veronica Roth (Katherine Tegen Books)

6. "Power Play" by Catherine Coulter (G.P. Putnam's Sons)

7. "Allegiant" by Veronica Roth (Katherine Tegen Books)

8. "The Land of Stories" by Chris Colfer (Little, Brown)

9. "Silkworm" by Robert Galbraith (Mulholland Books)

10."Mr. Mercedes" by Stephen King (Scribner)

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/18/2014, 2:09 pm

http://www.nytimes.com/best-sellers-books/2014-07-27/series-books/list.html

4LAND OF STORIES, by Chris Colfer. Illustrated by Brandon Dorman. (Little, Brown & Company.) Alex and Conner join forces with friends -- and enemies -- in these fairy tale adventures. (Ages 8 to 12)

Once again, as Chris tweeted earlier, this is for the SERIES,.  The top 3 series are
1. Divergent
2. The Maze runners
3. Mortal Instruments

Pretty heady company...
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/2/2014, 6:27 pm

You know, when you sometimes read those little stories on tumblr or twitter when someone informs Chris e.g. at a book signing that their kid never read a book but is now reading TLoS?
Well, I've got another one of those for you.

My 10 years old son is currently reading 'A Grimm Warning'..... in english!  The Land of Stories 3 : A Grimm Warning Main Thread - Page 6 4249845411
Besides the impressive fact that a Dutch boy of 10, who has never had an english lesson yet in school, is reading a book in a foreign language (and doing quite well I might add) I can tell you that my son has never read a book before in his own language either.
He really hates reading, and even though we encouraged him and tried to get him to read by giving him all kinds of books he might be interested in, my son never read a book from front to finish, not even a simple one. It's actually a real problem at school, as his reading skills are way behind and he therefore misinterprets many questions on tests (so he gives the wrong answers and gets bad grades).
He's really smart (literally too smart to learn like other kids do) and although he gets councelling so he can learn how to learn his aversion of reading is the biggest problem we face right now as parents. Next year he needs to pass a test in school that will determine which level of high school he can go to, and he would be miserable for years if that level is too low for him, but right now he flunks every test due to his bad reading.

The past few weeks I've been reading TLoS3 out loud to him and his 12 years old sister (who loves to read herself), translating it from english to dutch while I'm reading. TLoS1 has been translated in dutch, but not yet TLoS2 and of course TLoS3 has only been released a few weeks, so the only way my 2 youngest children can follow the series is when I translate it for them.
But yesterday when I got to the chapters of 'A Grimm Warning' that
Spoiler:
my son got impatient that we move forward only so slowly (on average I can only read one chapter before bedtime, as it takes a lot of time and energy from me to translate the book on the fly) as he found the story so thrilling, and he wanted me to keep on reading the next chapter.
Spoiler:
When I told him "no" he grabbed the book from me and kept on reading himself, for like 2 hours or so! In english to boot!
And he usually never sits still for longer than 10 minutes unless he's playing video games on his nintendo!!!  The Land of Stories 3 : A Grimm Warning Main Thread - Page 6 4029858209 

Today he's eagerly read some more in the book, and when I asked him about what happens next he got the main story quite right (although nuances escape him of course). I even heard him laughing out loud a few times whenever Chris has written some witty remark (usually from Conner). My son is really doing this!

As I said: my son is very smart. All my 3 children are gifted with a very high IQ, wich seems nice (and is in a way) but they therefore also sometimes experience serious trouble in school and social circles because of this 'condition' they have. My son has developed an underachiever problem because of this (as he's not challenged in school, and teachers often don't understand and/or don't condone/appreciate the way his mind elaborates and creates all the time instead of dutifully remembering the boring school stuff) and especially his reading skills are far behind.
He picked up the english language from video games, tv and youtube, and I already knew he can have a simple conversation in english. So to me it's not so much the feat that he can read in english so well now, but the fact that he's willing to read at all that excites me (and my husband).
Now the trick will be to keep feeding my son other books that will excite and interest him, besides 'A Grimm Warning'.  The Land of Stories 3 : A Grimm Warning Main Thread - Page 6 1688725052 

Phew, long personal story..... but I admit I sometimes thought that some people exaggerated those stories of "My kid learned how to read because of your TLoS books!" a bit, but I've honestly seen it now with my own eyes!  The Land of Stories 3 : A Grimm Warning Main Thread - Page 6 4247136565
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt addict 8/2/2014, 7:18 pm

ptdr 
Glorfindel wrote:You know, when you sometimes read those little stories on tumblr or twitter when someone informs Chris e.g. at a book signing that their kid never read a book but is now reading TLoS?
Well, I've got another one of those for you.

My 10 years old son is currently reading 'A Grimm Warning'..... in english!  The Land of Stories 3 : A Grimm Warning Main Thread - Page 6 4249845411
Besides the impressive fact that a Dutch boy of 10, who has never had an english lesson yet in school, is reading a book in a foreign language (and doing quite well I might add) I can tell you that my son has never read a book before in his own language either.
He really hates reading, and even though we encouraged him and tried to get him to read by giving him all kinds of books he might be interested in, my son never read a book from front to finish, not even a simple one. It's actually a real problem at school, as his reading skills are way behind and he therefore misinterprets many questions on tests (so he gives the wrong answers and gets bad grades).
He's really smart (literally too smart to learn like other kids do) and although he gets councelling so he can learn how to learn his aversion of reading is the biggest problem we face right now as parents. Next year he needs to pass a test in school that will determine which level of high school he can go to, and he would be miserable for years if that level is too low for him, but right now he flunks every test due to his bad reading.

The past few weeks I've been reading TLoS3 out loud to him and his 12 years old sister (who loves to read herself), translating it from english to dutch while I'm reading. TLoS1 has been translated in dutch, but not yet TLoS2 and of course TLoS3 has only been released a few weeks, so the only way my 2 youngest children can follow the series is when I translate it for them.
But yesterday when I got to the chapters of 'A Grimm Warning' that
Spoiler:
my son got impatient that we move forward only so slowly (on average I can only read one chapter before bedtime, as it takes a lot of time and energy from me to translate the book on the fly) as he found the story so thrilling, and he wanted me to keep on reading the next chapter.
Spoiler:
When I told him "no" he grabbed the book from me and kept on reading himself, for like 2 hours or so! In english to boot!
And he usually never sits still for longer than 10 minutes unless he's playing video games on his nintendo!!!  The Land of Stories 3 : A Grimm Warning Main Thread - Page 6 4029858209 

Today he's eagerly read some more in the book, and when I asked him about what happens next he got the main story quite right (although nuances escape him of course). I even heard him laughing out loud a few times whenever Chris has written some witty remark (usually from Conner). My son is really doing this!

As I said: my son is very smart. All my 3 children are gifted with a very high IQ, wich seems nice (and is in a way) but they therefore also sometimes experience serious trouble in school and social circles because of this 'condition' they have. My son has developed an underachiever problem because of this (as he's not challenged in school, and teachers often don't understand and/or don't condone/appreciate the way his mind elaborates and creates all the time instead of dutifully remembering the boring  school stuff) and especially his reading skills are far behind.
He picked up the english language from video games, tv and youtube, and I already knew he can have a simple conversation in english. So to me it's not so much the feat that he can read in english so well now, but the fact that he's willing to read at all that excites me (and my husband).
Now the trick will be to keep feeding my son other books that will excite and interest him,
 besides 'A Grimm Warning'.  The Land of Stories 3 : A Grimm Warning Main Thread - Page 6 1688725052 

Phew, long personal story..... but I admit I sometimes thought that some people exaggerated those stories of "My kid learned how to read because of your TLoS books!" a bit, but I've honestly seen it now with my own eyes!  The Land of Stories 3 : A Grimm Warning Main Thread - Page 6 4247136565

That's great news, I also have gifted children and although my daughters all loved to read, my son really struggled with it, he has since had a diagnoses of dyslexia but that's since he left school! Harry Potter was the catalyst that got my son Reading, he loved those books so much, I use to buy two copies, one for him and one for me and then we would discuss the chapters after he had read them. Those books seemed to unlock his fear of books and when he started reading catcher in the rye and the ragged philanthropist of his own violation  there was never a prouder. Happier parent! The right book is what it takes. My friends niece is devouring Tlos series and she to is dyslexic

Last edited by Kurt addict on 8/2/2014, 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/2/2014, 10:15 pm

Marie, it's great that your son is reading TLOS in English! has he read all 3 books yet?

a lot of boys seem to have trouble learning at a younger age, but then quickly picks up in their late teens. i have a son who is like that, and their dad was the same. don't worry. boys often lag behind in school before college because their development isn't the same as girls'. as long as you continue to love and support him and encourage him to learn, it will all be fine in time.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/3/2014, 12:23 am

Marie, I find great your son is reading TLOS in english, I think is one of the best tools to learn a foreign language, so please good luck finding other books that keep alive this new found interest. As for school, sadly most of the time teachers are not aware of what abilities each student has, and prefer go with the flow and if someone is left behind, that person has to keep up with the class; not the class.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/16/2014, 3:49 pm

The Land of Stories 3 : A Grimm Warning Main Thread - Page 6 Tumblr_naeexnL6FW1qjlzrgo1_500

The Land Of Stories, A Grimm Warning is at 18 on the LA Times Top 20 Best Selling Hardback Books. This list is of ALL Fiction hardback Books in ALL categories and age Groups, Adult and Children.
X x

The entire series is also still #10 on the best selling childrens series:

The Land of Stories 3 : A Grimm Warning Main Thread - Page 6 Tumblr_naeq7rkxht1qe476yo1_500
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/2/2014, 9:20 am

From tumblr:
The Land of Stories 3 : A Grimm Warning Main Thread - Page 6 Tumblr_nb5g95kpHS1tawdv6o1_500
sc-ea-kv:
Chris Colfer was on my English 1 homework…my day has been made
x

And although this is a few days old and was already posted in the appreciation thread I think it should be put here as well:
The Land of Stories 3 : A Grimm Warning Main Thread - Page 6 Tumblr_nb3gx3oMju1qjlzrgo1_r1_500
theawesomenessthatischriscolfer:
The Land Of Stories, A Grimm Warning has moved up to number 12 on that LA Times Best Selling Hardback Fiction Books in ALL categories, Adult and Children.
It is an Amazing achievement!!!!
x
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/22/2014, 9:36 am

The paperback version of TLoS3 'A Grimm Warning' will be available on June 9th, 2015. neutre

ccn  -  Barnes&Noble
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/3/2014, 10:47 am

The Land of Stories 3 : A Grimm Warning Main Thread - Page 6 Tumblr_negquq6yZf1sqqzcso1_500
The Land of Stories: A Grimm Warning is nominated for Best Middle Grade & Children’s book in Goodreads Choice Awards 2014!
x

You can vote here and the first round closes November 8.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  mindschemez 11/5/2014, 5:59 pm

^The GoodReads registration process is super easy too: just name, email, and password! And you can proceed directly to voting

Plus, you just have to vote once per round. So while its easy on the fingers, it's important to spread the word so more people vote!

ALLTHEAWARDSFORCHRIS, really.

mindschemez
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/13/2014, 6:01 pm

The Land of Stories 3 : A Grimm Warning Main Thread - Page 6 Tumblr_nezwcdTbsY1qe476yo1_500
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next