Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 18

+25
ColdFlame96
opals
Divalicious
SippyCupofLuv
Buenos
arina
Ireth
msjoanlucette
AnneNeville
Georgette888
tanita_mors
valkeakuulas
MoviesAreLife
coxfire
Piciollina
Lottie2303
fantastica
Jellyrolls
sheny
brisallie
ColferInspired
bayth
Glorfindel
ChrisColferFan1
Ranwing
29 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 18 - Page 37 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 18

Post  sheny 11/16/2013, 3:15 pm

“There’s this gas leak at McKinley High and people kind of lose it a little bit and I think Blaine goes through this thing where he starts seeing everyone’s characters as muppets.”
— Matthew Morrison talking about “Puppet Master”

“But they did this great classic dance and I did it with Jane Lynch and we did this, you know, I’m in tux and tails and she had on this beautiful, elegant gown and we did this great, elegant, beautiful dance.”
— Matthew Morrison talking about Cheek to Cheek

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 18 - Page 37 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 18

Post  Glorfindel 11/16/2013, 3:38 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:I m really dreading pianoman.  If the first line is an indication, it will not be good.
Yup. Mad
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 11/18/2013, 12:47 pm

'Glee' first look: McKinley kids as puppets!

Last week may have been all about the twerk, but come Thanksgiving, the Glee crew is going to have to contend with something even scarier: Puppet versions of themselves.

In the episode “Puppet Master,” Blaine and Kurt both get bossy: Blaine believes he has the best plan to win Nationals, but doesn’t take the glee club’s criticism too well when the students accuse him of being too controlling. Over in New York, Kurt also runs into control issues when the band disagrees over the venue of their first official gig.

Need more puppets? Check out two more exclusive images below:

source
I know this is the spoilers thread and we don't have to use the spoiler bar, but there's too much Blaine in them.

Spoiler:

Last edited by sheny on 11/18/2013, 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 11/18/2013, 12:49 pm

There is a new promo with Chord and Tyra Banks (she is a terrible actress! Even Darren looks amazing next to her). It is atrocious. And that will get actual screentime... I am dreading the next episode with Blam being in NYC so much. They invade my save haven.

About the Puppet master pictures... yeah, no comment. With a different actor, I bet it could actually be a funny scene. Considering Darren is best with comedy... maybe it will have some nice moments?!
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 11/18/2013, 12:55 pm

There are some great comments on EW site. It looks like Ryan stole the idea for the puppets from "Community".

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 11/18/2013, 1:13 pm

sheny wrote:There are some great comments on EW site. It looks like Ryan stole the idea for the puppets from "Community".
Yes, community did a puppet episode. Both shows film at the same studio--just a few hundred yards away from each other.

Those photos are supposed to make us want to watch the episode?

Last edited by Jellyrolls on 11/18/2013, 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 11/18/2013, 1:16 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
sheny wrote:There are some great comments on EW site. It looks like Ryan stole the idea for the puppets from "Community".
Yes, community did a puppet episode. Both shows film at the same studio--just a few hundred yards away from each other.

Those photos are supposed to make us want to watch the episode?
I bet the puppets act better than Darren.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 11/18/2013, 1:24 pm

^ well, at least the puppet doesn't have derpy face. Smile 

i think they are test driving blam in NY. not turning on my tv this week.

one of you ladies said earlier that murphy thinks it's the NY location rather than the actors that are attractive, and I whole heartedly agree. they can whisk the whole cast into NY (noobs included) and i guarantee they will ruin NY side. i do think that lima is dead with or without the noobs. the whole Schuster vs. Sylvester thing is older than a fossilzed dinasaur egg. choir room and stage performance scenes are also old and tired despite the outrageous costumes and semi-naked cast. i don't think even the beloved original cast can save this part. so, lima has to go, and of course the show won't be about glee club at all when that happens.

Last edited by fantastica on 11/18/2013, 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 11/18/2013, 1:28 pm

Just The Way You Are (Glee Cast Version)

Chris' voice wub Too much Chord but I liked the parts he sang with Chris. They sound good together. Surprisingly very little Lea and Darren.

Last edited by sheny on 11/18/2013, 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 11/18/2013, 1:37 pm

Listening to the text, knowing it is from Kurt to Blaine, I just want to barf vomir
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 11/18/2013, 1:38 pm

^ too little chris/kurt, but he sounds wonderful. wub 

marie, is this the lowest he has sung? well, maybe not, but definitely LOW. i am talking about his solo part in the beginning.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 11/18/2013, 1:40 pm

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 11/18/2013, 1:42 pm

My first thoughts on "Just the Way You Are"

I love the song, but I don't like this version very much. There are too many voices on it, and not all of them fit the song. Naya sounds so out of place on it that it's not even funny. Darren doesn't sound bad on it--he's not oversinging like he has the tendency he has to do in group number, but there is still no power in his voice. Lea is oversinging a bit, but not like Naya. Naya just no.

I'll have to listen to it through headphones instead of computer speakers to tell the voices on the harmonies.

But i have to say it pisses me off that Klaine sings "I said I love you" and then have Blaine solo on "that's forever" and dueting "This I promise from the heart." No, it's not forever. It's only until Kurt doesn't give you enough attention, then you'll be off to screw some other guy. This is just pure fan service so the Klainers can have their ovaries explode over the "their boys" giving each other heart eyes.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/18/2013, 1:42 pm

I do think the whole BTS with Tyra Banks implies that the modeling thing doesn't turn out to be good fit for Sam. The "You need to lose 10 pounds" has a whole "losing your self, the whacked world of modeling world" vibe to it.

Getting optimistic (I know, I know, a bad thing) that Sam is getting his last hurrah....before being left in Lima because somebody has to hold up that dead carcass. I can't help but feel that Matt Morrison was phasing out before Cory's death and that Cory's passing didn't change his plans. So somebody has to take his place.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 11/18/2013, 1:45 pm

^ Just wait and see, Blaine is probably looking at Sam :angry: 

Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 11/18/2013, 1:49 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:My first thoughts on "Just the Way You Are"

I love the song, but I don't like this version very much.  There are too many voices on it, and not all of them fit the song.  Naya sounds so out of place on it that it's not even funny.  Darren doesn't sound bad on it--he's not oversinging like he has the tendency he has to do in group number, but there is still no power in his voice.  Lea is oversinging a bit, but not like Naya.  Naya just no.

I'll have to listen to it through headphones instead of computer speakers to tell the voices on the harmonies.  

But i have to say it pisses me off that Klaine sings "I said I love you" and then have Blaine solo on "that's forever" and dueting "This I promise from the heart."  No, it's not forever.  It's only until Kurt doesn't give you enough attention, then you'll be off to screw some other guy. This is just pure fan service so the Klainers can have their ovaries explode over the "their boys" giving each other heart eyes.
Kurt singing "You never let me down before" was probably the worst. Yeah right.

I wanted to like the song, but that's definitelity not my style, it bored me...
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 11/18/2013, 1:49 pm

^ blaine is looking at the next person he can stab w/ his gun, whoever he is.

btw, does blaine wear the ring at all? i didn't watch ANY of his scenes this season so i have no idea, and don't want to watch them just to see if he also wears a ring.

fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/18/2013, 1:53 pm

I agree that Naya doesn't seem a good fit in "Just the Way you are".
Chord is OK but he's such a bland vocalist he's got no distinct style.

Ryder seems overwhelmed when he sings, He's OK but you can tell he's just trying to get through a song.  "Innocent Man" is one of my fave BJ songs and Ryder's "competency" in singing it is so frustrating, that song would soar with a great vocalist.  

I know this is a minority opinion around here, but it does piss me off that if Kurt is going to be engaged to Blaine and a couple, how come Kurt doesn't get to sing solos/songs to Blaine to express his feelings.   At most he gets a duet where Blaine gets most of the lyrics (on screeen GTGYIML wasn't as balanced as I thought it was going to be)

Having said that, I think "Just the way you are" could have been a nice duet for Klaine, letting their voices harmonize without being rushed or forced.  Kurt and Blaine would have both sang in a lower key.  Yes, I know that their voices aren't the best together, but it would have highlighted their voices where more gimmicky songs they've sung in the past haven't.   I mean if they are going to have them sing together anyways, this song would have been a good fit IMO.

Last edited by Buenos on 11/18/2013, 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 11/18/2013, 1:54 pm

Please tell me that I wasn't the only one who giggled when Sam sang the line about not wanting clever conversation and not wanting to work that hard. Because boy... clever conversation would be wasted on you.

coxfire wrote:Kurt singing "You never let me down before" was probably the worst. Yeah right.
Maybe he was looking at Rachel when he sang that line.

Agree that it's too many voices and too much oversinging. This is a soft, gentle song that doesn't have to be beaten into submission. It doesn't need runs and power notes. Still, I'm inclined to be fond of it just because Chris has a pretty prominent role in the song and it's a pretty well balanced group number.

Not going to bother listening to the rest.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 11/18/2013, 1:56 pm

OK... I lied. I tried listening to Piano Man. And then had to turn it off 30 seconds in because I started laughing and I'm at work. Yee Gods... what a mess that is.

Please show... stop trying to make Darren Criss happen!
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 11/18/2013, 2:00 pm

I'm listening to Just The Way You Are, and I was pleased to listen to Chris as the first voice Smile and I've realized he's one of the few I can clearly distinguis his voice, along with Kevin and Jacob I'd say. But still I don't know if the voice who came after him is Chord or Darren, I've the impression is the former.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 11/18/2013, 2:07 pm

I really cannot distinguish between Chord and Darren. I wasn't even aware Chord was singing...

Piano Man, seriously Darren's voice is damaged. I am pretty sure in S2 and would have sung it nicely. It is not his worst solo, but really isn't great either. Also Darren is once again screaming far too much in the song.

Jeez, next episode will be hard for most of us to watch, won't it?!
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 11/18/2013, 2:21 pm

Pianoman is absolutely dreadful. Darren doesn't even sound like Darren on the softer parts, and when he's belting in some parts, you can really hear him straining. The part starting with the line about the carnival is particularly bad.

Add Billy Joel to the list of artists that Darren should not be covering.

His voice has deteriorated so much in the past couple of years that he's not going to have a voice left by the time Glee is over.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 11/18/2013, 2:23 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:Piano Man, seriously Darren's voice is damaged. I am pretty sure in S2 and would have sung it nicely. It is not his worst solo, but really isn't great either. Also Darren is once again screaming far too much in the song.
Darren has a complete lack of ability to sell a song honestly and because he has poor vocal technique resorts to these annoying vocal tricks to try to give a song emotion. The problem is that this song isn't really about the singer's feelings. He's telling a story about all the sad saps he comes across at his job singing in bar and it's only towards the end that the singer recongizes that his own chances are slipping away. It's a very mature song and it's well beyond Darren's ability to perform convincingly. Why they keep giving him material that's out of his league is beyond me at this point.

Jeez, next episode will be hard for most of us to watch, won't it?!
I expect to do a lot of inappropriate laughing in all the wrong places.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next