Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5x01 "Love, Love, Love" Watch & Discussion thread

+28
MoviesAreLife
arina
Delight
ladydianab
wickedwitch
ColferInspired
Ireth
Glorfindel
coxfire
Kurt Hummel
sjonnepon
Lottie2303
sheny
ColdFlame96
Georgette888
valkeakuulas
Divalicious
opals
CloveGlee
Buenos
AnneNeville
fantastica
brisallie
bayth
ChrisColferFan1
Jellyrolls
Ranwing
tanita_mors
32 posters

Page 10 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

5x01 "Love, Love, Love" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 10 I_vote_lcap10%5x01 "Love, Love, Love" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 10 I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 3 ]
5x01 "Love, Love, Love" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 10 I_vote_lcap3%5x01 "Love, Love, Love" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 10 I_vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
5x01 "Love, Love, Love" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 10 I_vote_lcap6%5x01 "Love, Love, Love" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 10 I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
5x01 "Love, Love, Love" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 10 I_vote_lcap6%5x01 "Love, Love, Love" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 10 I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
5x01 "Love, Love, Love" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 10 I_vote_lcap3%5x01 "Love, Love, Love" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 10 I_vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
5x01 "Love, Love, Love" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 10 I_vote_lcap58%5x01 "Love, Love, Love" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 10 I_vote_rcap 58% 
[ 18 ]
5x01 "Love, Love, Love" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 10 I_vote_lcap13%5x01 "Love, Love, Love" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 10 I_vote_rcap 13% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 31

5x01 "Love, Love, Love" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 10 Empty Re: 5x01 "Love, Love, Love" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Buenos 9/30/2013, 4:47 am

Lottie2303 wrote:@buenos: The problem is, they never have shown Kurt being interested to get back together with Blaine. Even Kurt's decision to even date again came out of nowhere. So basically all we saw was Rachel and Santana supporting a proposal, they shouldn't have agreed with as their loyalties [i]should[(i] lay with Kurt. They didn't even bother to find out his opinion and we all could see he wasn't too sure about it. He really needed so totally-biased-on-his-side-guidance. There is nothing romantic at all to propose to someone after getting back together for a few days, especially at that age.  If there would have been any scene with those three and Kurt talking how he misses Blaine and even wants an early marriage, it would have been a huge difference.  It never happened, so I am just as pissed at those two, like Burt.
Since when has Glee supplied those missing scenes for characters to explain their actions  for ANY storyline, not just this one?  By this criteria , we should be pissed at every character on Glee 24/7/.  Too tiring for my taste.  coool     

@. And it should anger you too,
With all due respect, one of the things I love about this forum is that no one tries to dictate the opinion of  anyone else.  We might agree or disagree but that is OK.   While I understand why many are not happy with the Klaine SL, at the same time those that are should be free to express themselves without being made felt that are ignorant of the facts if they are not angry.    I speak as someone who sometimes  was OK with Finchell when others were raging.

There is no universal agreement on any subject on Glee.  Not all Kurties have the same opinions as if by rote.neutre

On a positive note once again, I really, really like Kurt's voice GGYIML.

It doesn't make me angry, it makes me happy.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

5x01 "Love, Love, Love" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 10 Empty Re: 5x01 "Love, Love, Love" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Lottie2303 9/30/2013, 4:58 am

Of course we all are allowed to have different opinions, and I made it clear in the next sentence that I am happy for Kurt Hummel she enjoyed the episode. I am sincere with that statement. But everyone who ships Klaine should be angry that with the proposal their favorite couple lost so much credibility. People noticed that the engagement didn't fit the storyline, nor Kurt's character at all. I think many are still very happy (understandably) that they don't realize the potential consequences. The ratings, media comments (and there are negative ones) as well as GA reaction is highly negative. If the rating continue to sink (which I assume), there will will be talk Klaine ruined the show (which is not fair, as there are many other factors as well). I, as a fan, want good story telling and not forced results. For instance, I want Kurt to be successful but I do not want him to be on stage of 'Wicked' next epsiode as part of the main cast without any development beforehand. That is all I meant. The engagement was sloppy and could have been much better executed at a later date- But the damage is done, alas.

About the first point, I only care about Kurt and not the rest. So I can happily be pissed about missing character development and bad executuion and just ignore the rest of the episode fanny2 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 9/30/2013, 5:05 am

This is the 4th time I try to post this....

I see what you're saying. I feel like I should clarify (not to you specifically I promise hapitgh).

Hey, no worries, I singled you out in the first place Wink

I've been through some stuff these past few months and Glee is one of the only things that really makes me happy and I never felt happier after watching the Klaine scenes. I loved All You Need Is Love and Blaine's speech was amazing IMO. I know they still have a lot to discuss but they still have time. Whether it's canon or non-canon I do hope they talk about those kinds of things or at least bring them up

I totally get that you're happy your OTP is back together again, TV shows are made for escapism, after all Smile

But the circumstances surrounging it is what is highly unstatisfying. Because Blaine can say as many beautiful speeches as he wants, in the end, actions speak louder than words, and he can claim he loves Kurt more than anything, he still stabbed him in the back in the worst way possible, but still doesn't own up to it.

His "I thought I lost you" just shows how once again he dodges the problem and deflects his own responsibilities. You know, if Blaine had said "I thought I lost you, and I was wrong. I made an assumption, and I didn't even took the time to try to discuss it with you. I didn't realize you needed time to adapt to a new city, where you didn't know anyone but Rachel, to a new life with the challenge of a new job. I should have tried to tell you I felt you getting away from me, and I should NEVER had cheated. I hurt you and I'm sorry. And if we get back together, I want us to always talk our doubts to get over the hardships we could face".

You know what, that would still have been cheesy, but at least that would have allowed me to see that Blaine understood where he fucked up, and how he could work on it (and Kurt too, because Kurt also needs to improve his communication). And yes, it wouldn't have had the "Prince Charming" aspect of his big grand proposal speech, but it would have shown maturity, and it didn't. Acknowledging your mistakes allow you not to reproduce them, but Blaine didn't. He threw "loves conquers all!" in the air again.

And if not him, then I would have liked Kurt to tell him "You thought you lost me, but youy didn't even try to tell me you felt so. We could have worked on it but you chose cheating instead". At least someone would have finally told Blaine that he is not the Mr-Perfect he believes he is, and that would have helped him grow up a little.

Instead, it was once again tying up Kurt, and telling him Blaine was what was best for him, because "We were made for each other, and I am your soulmate, so LOVE ME, MARRY ME!!"

Now, as I said, I'm glad if you're OTP is back together again and if you are happy, indeed.

On a side note, I guess what I desliked the most about the episode is not even the Klaine stuff. It's the fact that I felt like I was watching a showcase of videoclips interrupted by 2 lines of dialogue by the characters. There is no build up anymore, no long storyarc carefully developped and crafted in multiples episodes, that provide satisfaction when they come to a resolution in later episodes. It felt disjointed, characters don't have enough screentime (except Blaine) to develop an actual personnality, and interactions between them are half-assed. If there had been anything like that apart from Klaine, I would still have appraciated the episode. I watched it with a friend of mine, which is pretty indifferent to Blaine/Klaine, and she still hated the teen marriage idea, and overall felt like the episode was "45 of nothing relevant happening". She felt the Kitty/Artie SL to have been far too rushed too.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/30/2013, 9:01 am

Kurt Hummel wrote:I see what you're saying. I feel like I should clarify (not to you specifically I promise hapitgh).I've been through some stuff these past few months and Glee is one of the only things that really makes me happy and I never felt happier after watching the Klaine scenes. I loved All You Need Is Love and Blaine's speech was amazing IMO. I know they still have a lot to discuss but they still have time. Whether it's canon or non-canon I do hope they talk about those kinds of things or at least bring them up.

Yes I felt the proposal was rushed and would of preferred it more if Kurt and Blaine were living together in New York and have been dating for while. But I'm just happy that Kurt and Blaine are back together.
I get that. You just want to escape in the fairytale to have a few minutes of happiness to destract you from your own 'stuff'. neutre 
And sometimes I can do that too with other shows or even characters on Glee I don't have much interest in.

But that doesn't mean Klaine is not problematic if you look under the 'My Little Pony' pink surface, and most of us do that here. Which must be tough for you to read, I'm sure. ooppss 
(And I'll be totally honest here: I find it tough to read the happiness of the Klainers about this, even the 'normal' ones like you who can at least explain why they accept Klaine for what it is besides "our boys look hot".)
I think it's great that you manage to be on this quite anti-Klaine forum to represent your opinion, always respectfully, and that you so willingly answer questions about it. fanny2 

I think both the Kurtsies and the group of Klainers who look beyond the rainbows, unicorns and cupcakes sham that Glee is giving us, wanted more than we got now, and both of these groups are dissatisfied, regardless of the result of the engagement.
The difference between them and us is that those (sane) Klainers just grab the good result that they got this time and run with it without looking back, to cherish and hold, because they know that's all they ever gonna get from Glee.
(Just like we Kurtsies cherish the few songs Kurt sings and ignore some of their context in the show *cough*Ben*cough*I Have Nothing*cough*.)

Buenos wrote:This is what I don't get. I'm not being sarcastic or anything.  It's obvious that at some point Kurt stopped dating Adam because he wasn't over Blaine.  It doesn't matter if Blaine hurt Kurt, if Kurt forgave him I don't see why Rachel, Mercedes or Santana should be taken over the coals because they are happy that Blaine is proposing to Kurt. Obviously they all know that Kurt is still in love with Blaine (as does Burt).

It's like when Kurt was with Adam, and Santana pointed out that he got hot and heavy with Blaine.  I always thought that was the show using Santana as a Greek chorus  indicating that Kurt wasn't over Blaine.

It's not as if any of them (Mercedes, Santana or Rachel)  are witnesses to Blaine continuing to mistreat or cheat on Kurt.
But Rachel was a witness of how much Blaine's cheating hurt Kurt. And Kurt must have told her what Blaine said to him (that Blaine blamed Kurt), plus how Blaine kept bothering him and when Kurt broke off contact and sent Blaine his presents back.

As far as I'm concerned (and I know that this can be interpreted differently) the whole "obviously Kurt wasn't over Blaine" was half retconned. At the very least they went from A to C without showing us the B. It was obvious that there was more meant to be for Kadam (and Kurt POV) but RIB chickened out. I know it's Glee and they are not known for proper development, but the gaping hole of nothing for Kadam inbetween A and C is too much even for the low expectation we have for these writers.

Rachel encouraged Kurt to ask Adam out after Kurt himself expressed interest in him. Even though we as viewers were not there to witness how Kurt slowly recovered from Blaine's betrayal with and/or without Adam's involvement, Rachel did. She knew it was a long and painful process (remember the Ambien?).
And even if (for arguments sake) this Godawful show managed to convey properly that Kurt never was able to get over Blaine and indeed was ready to take him back in this episode (which they didn't): why would Rachel, Kurt's best friend, be happy with a proposal within a few days after Kurt got back together with Blaine, after many months of recovery and self-doubt? Rachel must know how conflicted Kurt was for all that time, and even up to a few days before Klaine reunited again. Hell, even up to the moment of the proposal itself!
How could a big showy public proposal be any good for Kurt at this time, if Rachel could have known (should have known!) that the answer to that proposal could never be a 99% sure, solid and confident "Yes" from Kurt? She must have realized how much pressure that put on Kurt, and yet she happily went along with it. No, she gets no pass from me, sorry. vexe 

As for Santana: she would at least have had suspicions about Kurt's canon(!) doubts too, and if anyone were to call out Blaine for this proposal it would be her, when:
#1) the two of them are too young with one of them still in high school,
#2) Blaine wanted to propose 2 minutes after they got back together,
#3) there was the pressure of a public proposal when Blaine should have known that Kurt was not ready for that question yet, and
#4) the sacharine and OTT proposal itself must have made Santana roll her eyes till they popped out of their sockets.
Let alone Santana would leave her and Rachel's job (for whom she had to flash her side-boob) without proper notice to fly from NY to Ohio to witness it. No, Santana also does not get a pass, and she was grossly OOC.

Sadly we hardly know how Mercedes feels anymore these days, so I have little judgement over her.

Kurt supported both Finn and Rachel through their own whiplash courtship.  He never told either Finn or Rachel "dump the loser."  He supported Rachel when she was dating Brody , his exact words were "well as long as your happy" but if she would have gone back to Finn of course he would be cool with that.  DESPITE how much Finn and Rachel had hurt each other.

Even when Kurt did not agree with Rachel deciding to marry Finn, nevertheless he supported her decision and even showed up for the wedding.  As did Quinn who also did not approve.  
But Kurt was upset and surprised when Rachel told him about the engagement, and later on he told Finn he shouldn't settle for carrying Rachel's purse on the red carpet: that Finn was more than that. Kurt also told their parents about the engagement in an attempt to actively stop them from getting married. And he did that because he was their friend and knew they were doing it all for the wrong reasons.
Kurt did go to their wedding to support them after all was said and done, but that was after he had been very vocal and even took actions against the engagement.

Kurt voiced his valid concerns to Finn and Rachel directly, specific concerns for his friends I might add (not some general "I'm against teenagers marrying young"), because he knew Finn and Rachel did not have the same ideas about their future plans and because they were scared and lost (Finn because he had no future plans and Rachel because she lost NYADA), not because they knew what a marriage entails. Kurt looked out for his friends when they themselves were rushing head over heels into something when they couldn't think clearly, and that is exactly what Rachel should have done for him now, especially with the public proposal pressure behind it.

Lottie2303 wrote:@buenos: The problem is, they never have shown Kurt being interested to get back together with Blaine. Even Kurt's decision to even date again came out of nowhere. So basically all we saw was Rachel and Santana supporting a proposal, they shouldn't have agreed with as their loyalties should[(i] lay with Kurt. They didn't even bother to find out his opinion and we all could see he wasn't too sure about it. He really needed so totally-biased-on-his-side-guidance. There is nothing romantic at all to propose to someone after getting back together for a few days, especially at that age.  If there would have been any scene with those three and Kurt talking how he misses Blaine and even wants an early marriage, it would have been a huge difference.  It never happened, so I am just as pissed at those two, like Burt.
^This.

@Marie: Oh God, I never saw it from that perspective. You managed that my anger rose once again against Burt. He really lost all “father of the year brownies”. BTW, totally wrong thread, but it is bothering me since the very start. Did they change Burt’s SL at the very beginning? In S1x02 Kurt gets a car not to wear certain clothes and then it is taken away from him because of his tiara collection. Also Burt and Kurt later being so incredible close didn't even fit S1x04. I always wondered if they initially wanted to have the typical “you are not my son anymore SL” and changed it (thankfully, I prefer the endresult).
I think it's the other way around. From what I gathered Ryan wanted Kurt to have a relationship with his dad that Ryan never had himself: an accepting though still feeling somewhat awkward with it relationship. That was the plan from the start and 1.04 was a result of that.
So my guess is that the car+tiara collection comment in 1.02 was just a stupid toss away joke, put in by one of the other writers. And as many people and media have observed over the years: these writers don't seem to talk to one another about what they are planning for their characters, so they contradict each other every other episode. dryy 

Lottie2303 wrote:
Buenos wrote:
I thought Kurt's voice was so rich and growly in "Got to Get You into My Life".  That coupled with the duet next week I love that his lower register is being used more in S5. 
Another moment I was so mad, as the recorded version is primary Kurt and they still managed to use for the majority Darren. Especially because Kurt sounded so great and Darren really, really needs to drink some tea and rest his voice. You can clearly hear the strain and it will destroy his vocal abilities eventually.
Agreed. This afternoon I will start on the review and believe me I will crucify them for dialing Kurt's voice down once again. :angry: 

coxfire wrote:But the circumstances surrounging it is what is highly unstatisfying. Because Blaine can say as many beautiful speeches as he wants, in the end, actions speak louder than words, and he can claim he loves Kurt more than anything, he still stabbed him in the back in the worst way possible, but still doesn't own up to it.

His "I thought I lost you" just shows how once again he dodges the problem and deflects his own responsibilities. You know, if Blaine had said "I thought I lost you, and I was wrong. I made an assumption, and I didn't even took the time to try to discuss it with you. I didn't realize you needed time to adapt to a new city, where you didn't know anyone but Rachel, to a new life with the challenge of a new job. I should have tried to tell you I felt you getting away from me, and I should NEVER had cheated. I hurt you and I'm sorry. And if we get back together, I want us to always talk our doubts to get over the hardships we could face".

You know what, that would still have been cheesy, but at least that would have allowed me to see that Blaine understood where he fucked up, and how he could work on it (and Kurt too, because Kurt also needs to improve his communication). And yes, it wouldn't have had the "Prince Charming" aspect of his big grand proposal speech, but it would have shown maturity, and it didn't. Acknowledging your mistakes allow you not to reproduce them, but Blaine didn't. He threw "loves conquers all!" in the air again.

And if not him, then I would have liked Kurt to tell him "You thought you lost me, but youy didn't even try to tell me you felt so. We could have worked on it but you chose cheating instead". At least someone would have finally told Blaine that he is not the Mr-Perfect he believes he is, and that would have helped him grow up a little.
This is what should have happened, and then next episode Glee still would have had some of the Kurtsies who now swore never to watch again tuning in for the show.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 9/30/2013, 9:59 am

Glorfindel wrote: think it's the other way around. From what I gathered Ryan wanted Kurt to have a relationship with his dad that Ryan never had himself: an accepting though still feeling somewhat awkward with it relationship. That was the plan from the start and 1.04 was a result of that.
So my guess is that the car+tiara collection comment in 1.02 was just a stupid toss away joke, put in by one of the other writers. And as many people and media have observed over the years: these writers don't seem to talk to one another about what they are planning for their characters, so they contradict each other every other episode. dryy
I know that is the official version, but still that one line about tiaras and knee-length sweaters never made sense to me. Also how Kurt and Burt suddenly got so incredible close after episode 4. I mean that behavior can be attributed to "homophobic and asshole father of the year" award. I sincerely believe they had different plans, episode 4 came along (and they also realized Chris talent) and changed the SL to how Ryan envisioned the relationship with his father. I am happy they did, but I really believe during the shooting of episode 2, the entire SL around Burt was anticipated differently.

Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/30/2013, 10:53 am

^I disagree, but we'll probably never know who's right. saispa 
Considering that Kurt was added to the characters (and Rasjid removed) on a whim, and RIB were never really known for planning ahead anyway, anything's possible.

-----------------------------------------------------

The iTunes charts:
(Mods: since the songs of ep.2 are also on the album that's already out, do you mind me mentioning them in this thread? If so, feel free to add spoiler bars.)

The highest rank the songs had:
(episode 1's songs are bolded, songs Chris is in are in red)

Top 1500

120. Yesterday
241. All You Need Is Love
285. Here Comes The Sun
376. Let It Be
442. Got To Get You Into My Life
480. Help
526. A Hard Day's Night
560. Hey Jude
834. I Saw Her Standing There
892. You've Got To Hide Your Love Away

(not in top 1500: Get Back and Sgt. Pepper)

Top 1500 Pop - only new songs

37. Yesterday
66. All You Need Is Love
73. Here Comes The Sun
95. Let It Be
116. Got To Get You Into My Life
128. Help
131. A Hard Day's Night
151. Hey Jude
206. I Saw Her Standing There
222. You've Got To Hide Your Love Away
371. Drive My Car
617. Something
1134. Get Back
1251. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

Top 1500 Albums
 10. Glee Sings The Beatles (I read somewhere that the album sold appr. 12-15k.)

- Because of the album being released as well the songs didn't rank higher on the charts, but even when you take that into account none of the songs cracked the top 100.
- I expected that 'Yesterday' and AYNIL would be the highest on the chart. Both songs are very popular Beatles songs, Lea is singing on one, and the other is the confounded 'romantic' proposal song with 4 choirs.
- But look at the big gap in ranking between Lea's 'Yesterday' (120) and Darren's AYNIL (241).  hapitgh 
- Also: none of Darren-with-the-largest-fanbase-according-to-his-rabid-fans' songs charted really higher than the rest.uhuhu 
- 'Here Comes The Sun' being in the top 3 even without it having aired yet in the episode is probably due to Demi Lovato singing on it.
- However: 'Let It Be' is also already high on the charts, and this one is mostly Glee originals without any guest stars. neutre
- And hehehe: GTGYIML charted higher than Blam's 'Help'. suspectt 

(p.s..: sorry for the crappy font. Something happened when I copied the charts and I can't fix it. Embarassed )

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 9/30/2013, 11:01 am

Glorfindel wrote:[size=14]
^I disagree, but we'll probably never know who's right. saispa 
Considering that Kurt was added to the characters (and Rasjid removed) on a whim, and RIB were never really known for planning ahead anyway, anything's possible.
That is fine. It is not like we have any proof. That one scene just always bothered me, as it never made sense for the Burt/Kurt relationship. Now we have S5, so I really don't care anymore anyway.

About the song charts: Twisted Evil 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 9/30/2013, 11:02 am

Buenos wrote:
This is what I don't get. I'm not being sarcastic or anything.  It's obvious that at some point Kurt stopped dating Adam because he wasn't over Blaine.  It doesn't matter if Blaine hurt Kurt, if Kurt forgave him I don't see why Rachel, Mercedes or Santana should be taken over the coals because they are happy that Blaine is proposing to Kurt. Obviously they all know that Kurt is still in love with Blaine (as does Burt).
When I have had friends who had relationships that were really bad (involving manipulation and/or cheating), I have *not* encouraged or supported them reconciling. I made it clear that I thought the relationship was unhealthy. I wouldn't turn a friend away or anything for reuniting with an awful, awful ex. But I do *speak up*, because I care about my friends. If they still reconcile, then I am coolly supportive of my friend, but not of the relationship.

I would expect at least one of Kurt's friends to be similar. Out of Rachel, Mercedes, and Santana, at least one of them has to be outspoken and opinionated.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/30/2013, 11:14 am

Chord songs always sell badly, don't they?
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 9/30/2013, 11:47 am

Buenos wrote:Chord songs always sell badly, don't they?
Well, I don't know for the rest of the GA, but I personnally never really liked his voice. I can't even recall one of the songs he sang solo. Maybe it's because I never watched the stuff where they were doing Bieber songs, since I'd rather be deaf than having to hear one of his songs again. What songs did he sing solo?
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 9/30/2013, 11:55 am

coxfire wrote:
Buenos wrote:Chord songs always sell badly, don't they?
Well, I don't know for the rest of the GA, but I personnally never really liked his voice. I can't even recall one of the songs he sang solo. Maybe it's because I never watched the stuff where they were doing Bieber songs, since I'd rather be deaf than having to hear one of his songs again. What songs did he sing solo?
Didn't he sing Billionaire? I thought that was a successful song, at least for his character/storyline.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 9/30/2013, 12:01 pm

Sam would have been an interesting character as Kurt's boyfriend. Otherwise just the casting itself was a failure, because why did we need yet another white quarterback who struggles with its popularity? As early as S2 you could already see the cracks that RIB actually don't care to represent the outcasts.

Chord has a nice but rather boring voice. Nothing bad, but also nothing special.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 9/30/2013, 12:02 pm

It seems the weekend has calmed down a little bit, but still I'm upset for what happened. However I've read some post and I agree there should had been more development in how Klaine reconcile and deal with their issues, but as it was so rushed, still I see it as a desperate move from Blaine to not lose Kurt. Some could consider it an impulsive feeling from someone who's in madly in love and think is cute, but as I said previously I saw him as someone who's desperate and obsessive. And I don't think so that is healthy.

@KurtHummel, I understand your point of view, because I know when you're going through with hard times is nice to turn on the TV and forget your problems for an hour while watching your favorite tv show. So I sincerely glad Klaine makes you feel better. And I wish I would feel the same everytime I watch Glee, because it doesn't make me feel as excited as before.

Last edited by brisallie on 9/30/2013, 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/30/2013, 12:02 pm

AnneNeville wrote:Didn't he sing Billionaire? I thought that was a successful song, at least for his character/storyline.
Yes, I liked Billionaire too.

Chord is not a bad singer per se, but just like with his acting, if he gets paired up with mediocre singers they bring him down, while better singers improve him (like Amber in 'Human Nature').
And since they paired Chord up with nothing but Brittany and Blaine last season..... sifflou
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 9/30/2013, 12:07 pm

Also I believe Chord has a nice voice that could improve with lot of practice. However, still I believe his voice is not for all genres, but since last season I think he has been overexposing as Sam is Blaine's best friend and usually have duets. So I don't know if people get tired of this, or is also because his character started to be more and more stupid, and as Brittany is gone, I'm wondering if he's the new dumb blonde?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 9/30/2013, 12:11 pm

They couldn't have made Sam this dumb if he'd been dating Kurt. I don't think Kurt would have tolerated it, no matter how blond he is.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 9/30/2013, 12:14 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
Buenos wrote:
This is what I don't get. I'm not being sarcastic or anything.  It's obvious that at some point Kurt stopped dating Adam because he wasn't over Blaine.  It doesn't matter if Blaine hurt Kurt, if Kurt forgave him I don't see why Rachel, Mercedes or Santana should be taken over the coals because they are happy that Blaine is proposing to Kurt. Obviously they all know that Kurt is still in love with Blaine (as does Burt).
When I have had friends who had relationships that were really bad (involving manipulation and/or cheating), I have *not* encouraged or supported them reconciling. I made it clear that I thought the relationship was unhealthy. I wouldn't turn a friend away or anything for reuniting with an awful, awful ex. But I do *speak up*, because I care about my friends. If they still reconcile, then I am coolly supportive of my friend, but not of the relationship.

I would expect at least one of Kurt's friends to be similar. Out of Rachel, Mercedes, and Santana, at least one of them has to be outspoken and opinionated.
I've been hesitant to talk about Rachel's and Mercedes's involvement because I really don't know how I feel about that. unsure 

Firstly Kurt didn't get to talk to neither of them in the episode, quite like he hasn't since Winter showcase with Rachel and With Grease with Mercedes (and that was not even a proper discussion). That is why I find Kurt's "destiny" so choppy and diluted: he is being dimished and dimished with every single episode. He has no dialogue with anyone besides Blaine anymore and even that is always Blaine led appraisal of him and only him.

I'm a big Hummelberry fan and know it's not everybody favorite, but I did see a hint of a healthier relationship being built since they became roommates and that is why Rachel's very strong support of Blaine was annoying and sad.

I'm hoping and wishing this kind of blind Blaine support is because Glee doesn't show Kurt's POV anymore and that also cuts Rachel's and Santana's voices about and to Kurt. If and since the first episode that is a very big IF, Kurt decides against the engagement and says no, Rachel's true support comes into question. She if anyone, should be behind Kurt 100% even if he "hurts" Blaine with backing up.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 9/30/2013, 12:19 pm

brisallie wrote:It seems the weekend has calmed down a little bit, but still I'm upset for what happened. However I've read some post and I agree there should had been more development in how Klaine reconcile and deal with their issues, but as it was so rushed, still I see it as a desperate move from Blaine to not lose Kurt. Some could consider it an impulsive feeling from someone who's in madly in love and think is cute, but as I said previously I saw him as someone who's desperate and obsessive. And I don't think so that is healthy.
It may be a desperate move by Blaine. He obviously wants to know that Kurt belongs to him and no one else but him. Blaine needs the ring on Kurt's finger to prove this.

The more I think about the past season though, the more pissed it makes me that they rushed the Klaine reunion and engagement. It pisses me off that once again, Blaine is able to deflect fault for his actions onto someone else.

Also, when I think about the crush on Same, can I just say that the conversation between Blaine and Tina when they are sitting on the floor near the lockers, and Blaine is just talking about how dreamy Sam is bugs me now too. Because he never talked about Kurt that dreamily--yeah, he gave Kurt heart eyes, but what compliments did he give Kurt or tell people about Kurt? I think we got an "You're the most interesting kid in all of Ohio" once and a "You look dirty cute."

It's just so frustrating to see Blaine get what he wants when he has really done nothing to earn it, and him saying Kurt is his soulmate is more hard to swallow when he seems to have better interaction with other characters.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/30/2013, 12:22 pm

The few Chord songs that sold well, he was paired with someone for a duet

"Lucky" with Dianna Agron
"Human Nature" with Amber Riley...

Though I think in his debut "Billionaire" sold well..

Yet in 4 years most of his itunes are consistently near the bottom of the chart, nothing against him but it's not as if he's ever gotten much critical acclaim or buzz notice. I used to like Chord a bit better, at least the character Sam, but dumbing him down and making him implausibly God's gift to both men and women (so sue me, I always thought Mike, Puck, Kurt and Finn were more attractive) hasn't done favors for his character. The pairing with Brittany as a variation of "dumb and dumber" was particularly unappealing.

There is nothing to justify giving him so many songs, especially with Kevin McHale as a singer in that side of the narrative. Yes, I'm biased and just speaking my opinion. Others may disagree.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 9/30/2013, 12:25 pm

I think Chord is the typical Glee victim, as in he doesn't get to sing the songs he is very good at: country. I don't understand why country music cannot be used more in Glee? I want to almost say that Sam/Brittney could have been a decent couple to sing country.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 9/30/2013, 12:29 pm

Buenos wrote:There is nothing to justify giving him so many songs, especially with Kevin McHale as a singer in that side of the narrative.  Yes, I'm biased and just speaking my opinion.  Others may disagree.
I don't Smile!!

More of Kevin would be very great indeed, particularly if we have to suffer through McKinley anyway. But I do not doubt we'll have to go through 50% Blam, 15% Blina, 15% Kartie and eventually boring Jarley, the rest will be crumbs for the others, like 1 or 2 lines here and there, if they are lucky, since McKinley might have also some Sue/Figgins.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/30/2013, 12:31 pm

Everyone in Glee just lurches from plot to plot.  Santana called Finn to NY over the Brody as whore SL, who can forget that?  coool 

I just don't think Rachel and Santana are "bad" friends to Kurt because things are not spelled out in exposition dialogue.  

I find it ironic that everyone makes up scenes in the their head that are missing from the show, if that's the case, than off screen Kurt has confessed to Rachel and Santana how he feels about Blaine.

For example, of course he broke up with Adam because he couldn't get past Blaine, just because we didn't see it on screen doesn't mean it didn't happen.  I'm guilty as well any one of selective memory of scenes we think happened off screen and ignoring other logical ones that had to have occurred. coool 

This is  nothing new on Glee, back in S2, "BIOTA"  I remember how Kurt and Blaine had a bitter falling out  about bisexuality and voila, in the next episode "Sexy" they are chummy chummy again in  their first scene.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out they reconciled their differences off screen, so why should anyone be surprised there many scenes missing between Kurt and Blaine, Rachel or Santana?
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 9/30/2013, 12:37 pm

@Jelly, I see the engagement ring more like a reminder you have a serious compromise with someone else, which it can be taken as a real proof if you ever dare to take off the ring. But I don't think so Kurt would ever do that, because still I believe he's someone who takes seriously a compromise. So what I think it might happen, is that at some point he could have second thoughts about getting married and probably he will regret for what did, and I don't see it as a crazy idea, only because there are still two season left and writers need some storyline. However, I see Klainers (the insane ones), hating him for not wanting to get married with Blaine; I know some already were upset because it took him so long to forgive Blaine, so I bet this will be way worse.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 9/30/2013, 12:47 pm

Buenos wrote:Everyone in Glee just lurches from plot to plot.  Santana called Finn to NY over the Brody as whore SL, who can forget that?  coool 

I just don't think Rachel and Santana are "bad" friends to Kurt because things are not spelled out in exposition dialogue.  

I find it ironic that everyone makes up scenes in the their head that are missing from the show, if that's the case, than off screen Kurt has confessed to Rachel and Santana how he feels about Blaine.

For example, of course he broke up with Adam because he couldn't get past Blaine, just because we didn't see it on screen doesn't mean it didn't happen.  I'm guilty as well any one of selective memory of scenes we think happened off screen and ignoring other logical ones that had to have occurred. coool 

This is  nothing new on Glee, back in S2, "BIOTA"  I remember how Kurt and Blaine had a bitter falling out  about bisexuality and voila, in the next episode "Sexy" they are chummy chummy again in  their first scene.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out they reconciled their differences off screen, so why should anyone be surprised there many scenes missing between Kurt and Blaine, Rachel or Santana?
I get what you mean, but unfortunately for Glee, a good show is a show that doesn't sweep the important discussions under the rug, but a show who dares having its character have meaningful yet difficult conversations, and show these scenes. I would have taken Kurt actually stating he missed Blaine despite the cheating to Santana and Rachel over the picnic scene.

And since it's the case for every SL in Glee, I don't find it enjoyable anymore, in any aspect of the writing.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 9/30/2013, 1:40 pm

The thing about Chord is in season 4 and now in season 5 the only reason why he's getting so many songs and so much screentime is because they needed someone for Blaine to interact with. If and when they move Blaine to NY, Sam will be forgotten by the writers faster than what the wrote in the last episode because they will have their cupcake golden boy Blaine interacting with the big three--Chris, Lea, and Naya.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next