Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remembering Cory

+33
Buenos
Georgette888
coxfire
Kurt Hummel
MoviesAreLife
Glorfindel
Ireth
arina
ladydianab
Catt24
Divalicious
brisallie
ColdFlame96
Vir Cotto
opals
Ranwing
Piciollina
Jellyrolls
kac
bayth
Lottie2303
tanita_mors
TimF
fantastica
glimmerle
sheny
Delight
valkeakuulas
ColferGirl
AnneNeville
ChrisColferFan1
CloveGlee
ColferInspired
37 posters

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Remembering Cory - Page 13 Empty Re: Remembering Cory

Post  ChrisColferFan1 7/28/2013, 1:42 am

MoviesAreLife wrote:I agree, the whole season doesn't need to be about the loss of Finn. One tribute episode is good enough. The show, the fans, the characters, the cast members....will never forget him. They don't need to be reminded of him every second.

I also agree.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 7/28/2013, 11:23 am

I agree too. This is maybe the first (and probably only) time when I don't mind it if Glee completely drops (the aftermath of) a storyline.

Give Finn a decent farewell, let the characters be affected by his death in the tribute episode, but then move on with maybe only a mention of Finn at important moments (like Rachel's and/or Kurt's Broadway debut or the finale of the series).
As much as I care for Kurt and how everything that happens in his life should influence and change him, if they don't refer back to his stepbrother's death after a while I'll be fine with that. They could better use that screentime to finally give him a voice in the Blaine cheating storyline, or give him a storyline of his own for a (very welcome) change.

Not because I don't want to be reminded of Finn's (or better: Cory's) death, and in the capable hands of other writers Finn's death could have created very good developments and  storylines for the remaining characters that could go on for seasons. But this is Glee and RIB we're talking about. With these writers it's best to give them only a small window of opportunity to do their damn best to make this work, but after that it's better to never let them touch this sensitive subject again, and let them play on with their shallow shiny toys in love triangles from there on.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/28/2013, 12:29 pm

Personally I won't mind to see the aftermath that Finn's death will provoke, because I'm sure they're gonna be changes in the people he was related with. But is Glee we're talking about, and many times we have talked how difficult is for them to handle delicate storylines. That why I'm even unsure about this goodbye episode, because I wish the right people speak, like Rachel, Kurt, Carol and Burt, or anyone from the old gang.So I think it would disrespectful is the newbies or Blaine or Sam or anyone who isn't part of the original group have more lines or songs that those ones who should have. And speaking of songs, I don't want them to put a song every five minutes, it would be better if they're few, but well chosen. It seems I'm being too idealist lol
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 7/28/2013, 3:13 pm

Remembering Cory - Page 13 Tumblr_mqnq1aS0dO1r4ezfzo1_500
Remembering Cory - Page 13 Tumblr_mqnq1aS0dO1r4ezfzo2_500

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/28/2013, 5:24 pm

sheny wrote:Remembering Cory - Page 13 Tumblr_mqnq1aS0dO1r4ezfzo1_500
Remembering Cory - Page 13 Tumblr_mqnq1aS0dO1r4ezfzo2_500

This is beautiful.

I don't want the show to forget him entirely. Feel free to mention him once in a while...don't pretend he never existed. But don't hold him over the heads of various characters either. Don't make Rachel suffer forever in the presence of his ghost...you know what I mean?

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 7/29/2013, 2:56 pm

Lea has tweeted:

Remembering Cory - Page 13 Tumblr_mqpjhkyxPZ1r4ezfzo2_500
Remembering Cory - Page 13 Tumblr_mqpjhkyxPZ1r4ezfzo1_500

:(
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 7/29/2013, 3:02 pm

That has to be one of their last pictures together because Cory already has his shorn hair with that grey on the sides.

They look like a wonderful couple on their beach side walk, just the two of them taking selfies. Would it be terrible to say that it almost looks too good to be true? :(
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/29/2013, 3:28 pm

Wow. Must be so tough for her...

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 7/29/2013, 3:47 pm

And now Kevin instagrammed this:

kevinmchale

So thankful that I and so many of you got to experience Cory's overwhelming kindness, humor and talent. There will not be a day that goes by that I won't miss him. Thank you all for your incredible support and patience.
Remembering Cory - Page 13 Tumblr_mqpmwb4XCu1r9jzq9o1_500

Darn, with this and Lea's tweet here go the waterworks in overdrive again. crycry
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/29/2013, 5:43 pm

^ It's like a reminder.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/29/2013, 8:32 pm

Glorfindel wrote:Lea has tweeted:

Remembering Cory - Page 13 Tumblr_mqpjhkyxPZ1r4ezfzo2_500
Remembering Cory - Page 13 Tumblr_mqpjhkyxPZ1r4ezfzo1_500

:(

Between this and Kevin's tweet I'm having the same emotional feelings that I had when Cory's dead was announced :( . Speaking of Lea, I though she was going to say anything later than sooner, but I've realized she's a strong girl and probably there're lots of people supporting her.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/31/2013, 12:33 am

Thank God Lea is so strong and has such a support system around her.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/31/2013, 12:10 pm

tca: emmy exec producer acknowledges pressure for big tribute to cory monteith
“Something that reflects an homage” to late Glee star Cory Monteith is in the works for the September Emmy ceremony, but “what the extent of that is, or how we’re going to approach it… well, it’s too early to tell, Emmy Awards executive producer Ken Ehrlich told Deadline in an exclusive interview during a break today at TCA. But Ehrlich admitted he has been receiving some pressure to pay larger tribute to Monteith, which presents the producer of a three-hour celebration of television with a certain dilemma. “If Cory had passed away in March, we’d have had four months to look at this with a little more perspective,” he said. “The reason we’re getting all of this discussion now is because he passed away two weeks ago. But we are going to deal with it.” He added that an homage to Monteith involving music that’s done separately from the annual “In Memorium” honor roll of those who have passed away is indeed under consideration.

deadline http://tinyurl.com/mbqv3et

it's a shame cory was never nominated for an emmy. he's so underrated as an actor. in reality he's as good an actor as the best actors on the show. i hope they gave him a good and honest tribute during the emmy.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/31/2013, 12:32 pm

His character was a bit thankless in the fact that Finn was not nearly as theatrical or noticeable as Rachel and Kurt...it was not a showy role. The role was very understated. Cory played it well, though.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 7/31/2013, 1:21 pm

i'm sorry if this is going to be callous , but if anyone should get a special tribute at the emmy's this year, it's james gandolfini. he was a multiple emmy winner, his show was voted the best scripted tv show of all time and he was a huge fan and actor favorite that also died rather suddenly at 51 years old. cory's death was a bigger huge shock and he had such promise,i see no real reason as to why would he deserve a bigger tribute.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/31/2013, 1:28 pm

Because of his age, Cory's career wasn't very long to begin with. His main claim to fame was Glee. A Cory tribute would just be the Glee cast singing a song in his memory, maybe?

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 7/31/2013, 1:32 pm

i actually heard a few people suggesting that the music for the tribute be a slowed down version of "don't stop believing", both because of the glee connection and because that was the song that was blasting in the last few moment of the sopranos. seams kind of fitting for both of them and with the message of don't stop believing.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 7/31/2013, 1:33 pm

tanita_mors wrote:i actually heard a few people suggesting that the music for the tribute be a slowed down version of "don't stop believing", both because of the glee connection and because that was the song that was blasting in the last few moment of the sopranos. seams kind of fitting for both of them and with the message of don't stop believing.

This sounds perfect.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/31/2013, 3:42 pm

Some days ago I saw on E! there will be a sort of tribute to Cory at the Emmys, but personally I prefer if he's mentioned in that segment in which all celebrities who have dead are honored. Because as someone else said before, if there's someone who deserves a tribute is James Gandolfini, and I'm not saying thi because Cory is less important, but because his career was shorter and besides, he never was nominated to an Emmy (sadly), while Gandolfini was. And in terms of television, I think Gandolfini had a more prominent role.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 7/31/2013, 9:51 pm

tanita_mors wrote:i'm sorry if this is going to be callous , but if anyone should get a special tribute at the emmy's this year, it's james gandolfini. he was a multiple emmy winner, his show was voted the best scripted tv show of all time and he was a huge fan and actor favorite that  also died rather suddenly at 51 years old. cory's death was a bigger huge shock and he had such promise,i see no real reason as to why would he deserve a bigger tribute.
I agree with you and brisallie.
There were other actors and actresses that died this year, and though Cory's death was very tragic and happened not so long ago so I understand the wounds are still very fresh and raw, all these people deserve their own special place in the memorial segment.

MoviesAreLife wrote:
tanita_mors wrote:i actually heard a few people suggesting that the music for the tribute be a slowed down version of "don't stop believing", both because of the glee connection and because that was the song that was blasting in the last few moment of the sopranos. seams kind of fitting for both of them and with the message of don't stop believing.

This sounds perfect.
Seconded. (or thirded? unsure)
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/1/2013, 10:11 am

Glorfindel wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:

This sounds perfect.
Seconded. (or thirded? unsure)

Hmmm. I think it counts as a third vote. It really is a brilliant idea.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/8/2013, 6:09 pm

From the Parade Rewind interview:

Remembering Cory - Page 13 Tumblr_mr8c6ihYB41r9npg1o2_250 Remembering Cory - Page 13 Tumblr_mr8c6ihYB41r9npg1o3_250

Remembering Cory - Page 13 Tumblr_mr8c6ihYB41r9npg1o4_250Remembering Cory - Page 13 Tumblr_mr8c6ihYB41r9npg1o1_250
tumblr
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/8/2013, 7:02 pm

Look how sad he looks in the bottom right. :(

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/8/2013, 11:44 pm

In the last gif it seems he's about to cry :( look at his teary eyes. Still must be hard for him to talk about Cory, he was one of his friends.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/9/2013, 12:50 pm

brisallie wrote:In the last gif it seems he's about to cry :(look at his teary eyes. Still must be hard for him to talk about Cory, he was one of his friends.
His whole face just kind of droops there. The downward slant of his eyes, mouth and shoulders. :(

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next