Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8

+32
CloveGlee
Molly2
Georgette888
Stephanieeee
kac
TimF
Divalicious
opals
bayth
glimmerle
tanita_mors
arina
MissSoniaPP
coxfire
Delight
ChrisColferFan1
Vir Cotto
angelnessa
Glorfindel
valkeakuulas
sheny
sjonnepon
ColferInspired
AnneNeville
Jellyrolls
fantastica
brisallie
ColdFlame96
Ranwing
Buenos
Lottie2303
MoviesAreLife
36 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8 - Page 37 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/3/2013, 2:20 am

I don't think it qualifies as music. She reminds me of Nicole Scherzinger...great voice, wasting it on crap music (the Pussycat Dolls, yuck). I hope her other tracks are better...she really does have a lovely voice.

A lot of people think it's a PR move. That or a dating arrangement of convenience. He (who the hell is he?) uses her for exposure, she uses him to get her music career off the ground. But yes...ewww to this guy. Apparently he loves strippers even though he's dating Naya.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8 - Page 37 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8

Post  ColferInspired 8/3/2013, 2:41 am

sheny wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:Okay so far, I'm really not impressed with Nayas single. It was way too over processed.

Not even going to listen.

Okay, I lied. I just listened. EWWW! She should stick to covering good songs, like Amy Winehouse and Adele numbers.

Is it really so bad? It doesn't really matter because I have to intention to listen that song. Not because of Naya I like her voice but because of her boyfriend Big Sean. I don't like the guy and I don't want to hear any song he is part of. It's non of my business who she dates but I seriously don't understand what she sees in him. The man can't stop cussing, he calls her "my new girl" instead of "my girlfriend" and a couple of days ago I read somewhere that he is a homophobe.

I hope him being a homophobe isn't true, because how could she date someone like that when she is friends with Chris, works with Jane, Alex and Dot Marie, and works for Ryan. ohmy 

Though if it is just to launch her music career, I won't be buying any of her music if it involves this creep. :angry: 
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/3/2013, 3:59 am

ColferInspired wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:Here you go:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/715401/chapters/1324456

But really, this is one amazing FF!

I have read that and others.

I am reading "Starring Role" now.

RIB wasted Sebastian in the show. There would have been so much story there between him and Kurt, and would have been so entertaining to watch.

Can you give me a link please?! neutre 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/3/2013, 4:01 am

I'll try to wait until the full song is release before to give a proper opinion, but, I've read this guy isn't the most qualified when it comes to good taste in music, and that scares me. And as I've no idea how famous is this guy in the US, for me he's the one who wanted to do this collaboration, and as it seems Naya can't separate love from work, she accepted. I wouldn't mind, if it were rumoured the guy is good.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 8/3/2013, 4:02 am

I don't know who Big Sean is but could it be he is called homophobe because some kind of ignorant or not totally politically correct statement? Fandom often overacts, they call everyone a homophobe including Chris's boyfriend for example and I think many of those people maybe said something stupid things but that immediately don't make them homophobes...

Naya is my favorite female singer on the show but the style of music is something I don't listen at all so I cannot judge it.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/3/2013, 4:08 am

MoviesAreLife wrote:Hey, I've READ a Kurtbastian fic called "This Should be an Interesting Year" and even recommended it to you...but Kurtbastian doesn't even sit well with me, but I admit the story is good and well written and I "get" their appeal in a way. Yes, I get that they balance each other out and "don't take shit" from the other, but that doesn't cancel out all of the bad things Sebastian did to Kurt in canon. He tried to hurt him. It makes me incredibly nervous. Dave has (in canon) actually apologized to Kurt for his actions (whereas Sebastian apologized to Blaine mostly). Dave has truly turned over a new leaf, and I still do not ship Kurtofsky because of the ugly history there. It's the same with Kurtbastian in my eyes. They have the potential to be an abusive relationship...or at the very least, dysfunctional. And Kurt deserves the best. vexe

Kurt may or may not allow himself to be in an abusive relationship (depends on whether or not you think Klaine is abusive) but what does it say about his self worth if he allows himself to be with someone who has treated him so horribly? It's why I don't ship Karley or Pezberry either. It's one thing to be "challenged" in a relationship and to have a slight bit of friction can be seen as interesting...but a relationship should also be your soft place to fall. If I was Kurt, I would not trust Sebastian at all. As a Kurt stan, I cannot forgive or forget how Sebastian has treated Kurt in the past.

I get from where you are coming from, but usually it is addressed with long apologies and deep regret. While I also most certainly don't condone Sebastians actions and his idea was wrong and dangerous, once can argue he actually aimed for Kurts clothes. Which is still entirely wrong on all levels, but with a proper storyline can be redeemed. If Kurt can forgive Dave, I believe he can forgive Sebastian. As long as proper amends are made.

I don't read any abusive relationships. Kurtbastian has next to snark also a lot of respect for each other. DYR actually represents it is very well because they can scream, fight and cry usually confessing their deepest fears/emotions, but eventually they sit down and talk like grown ups, tackling the problems straight on and come stronger out of it. The mutual love, devotion and trust most Kurtbastian represents in FF's is staggering and just feels to very right and true.

Sorry, you cannot remove my Kurtbastian googles. Too much on-screen chemistry and great FF's cannot change my mind.

BTW I refused to read Kurtbastian for a long time because of your reasons as well. I really didn't get why people could ship it. Guess I was very wrong fanny2 

In regards to Naya, oh boy. That sounds... Suspect 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/3/2013, 5:09 am

Lottie2303 wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:Here you go:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/715401/chapters/1324456

But really, this is one amazing FF!

I have read that and others.

I am reading "Starring Role" now.

RIB wasted Sebastian in the show. There would have been so much story there between him and Kurt, and would have been so entertaining to watch.

Can you give me a link please?! neutre 

Here is the link. neutre 

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9436833/1/Starring-Role
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/3/2013, 8:47 am

Buenos wrote:Naya's single isn't much of a teaser, is it?fanny2 
Shocked

It's not even a teaser, it's a turn-off.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 8/3/2013, 12:06 pm

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8 - Page 37 Tumblr_mqylzjxGkL1qe476yo1_500

This has got to totally burn the buns of all the Blarren stans who have been fantasizing about casting Lea Salonga as Blaine's mother.

Sorry. but I'm in a fairly mean-spirited mood with the overload of Blarren littering by tumblr dash lately. badday 
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/3/2013, 12:13 pm

ColferInspired wrote:Can you give me a link please?! neutre 

Here is the link. neutre 

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9436833/1/Starring-Role[/quote]

Thank you neutre 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 8/3/2013, 12:24 pm

Ranwing wrote:Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8 - Page 37 Tumblr_mqylzjxGkL1qe476yo1_500

This has got to totally burn the buns of all the Blarren stans who have been fantasizing about casting Lea Salonga as Blaine's mother.

Sorry. but I'm in a fairly mean-spirited mood with the overload of Blarren littering by tumblr dash lately. badday 

I always thought Lea was a big Blarren stan.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 8/3/2013, 12:27 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
Ranwing wrote:Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8 - Page 37 Tumblr_mqylzjxGkL1qe476yo1_500

Obviously not that much of a stan. suspectt 
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/3/2013, 12:29 pm

Darren or no Darren. I just love it when respected actors/Broadway stars/singer compliment and admire Chris wub 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 8/3/2013, 2:29 pm

What pair is Karley? I can only think of Kurt + Marley . . . unless you mean Kitty + Marley? I didn't realize that was a ship.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 8/3/2013, 2:32 pm

AnneNeville wrote:What pair is Karley? I can only think of Kurt + Marley . . . unless you mean Kitty + Marley? I didn't realize that was a ship.

Yeah, it's basically the noob version of Faberry.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 8/3/2013, 2:49 pm

Ranwing wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:

Obviously not that much of a stan. suspectt 

Later she tweeted about Darren too.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8 - Page 37 Tumblr_mqypb2DryD1qbqtkso1_500

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 8/3/2013, 3:02 pm

I think Salonga is a friend with Darren, she herself said somewhere in interview she would love to play Blaine's mom and I think that is where the fantasies of Blainers comes from....
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/3/2013, 3:32 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:What pair is Karley? I can only think of Kurt + Marley . . . unless you mean Kitty + Marley? I didn't realize that was a ship.

Yeah, it's basically the noob version of Faberry.

Karley: Kitty and Marley. vomit2  I just don't understand why so many Glee fans love to ship a victim with their abuser/bully.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/3/2013, 3:46 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:I get from where you are coming from, but usually it is addressed with long apologies and deep regret. While I also most certainly don't condone Sebastians actions and his idea was wrong and dangerous, once can argue he actually aimed for Kurts clothes. Which is still entirely wrong on all levels, but with a proper storyline can be redeemed. If Kurt can forgive Dave, I believe he can forgive Sebastian. As long as proper amends are made.

I don't read any abusive relationships. Kurtbastian has next to snark also a lot of respect for each other. DYR actually represents it is very well because they can scream, fight and cry usually confessing their deepest fears/emotions, but eventually they sit down and talk like grown ups, tackling the problems straight on and come stronger out of it. The mutual love, devotion and trust most Kurtbastian represents in FF's is staggering and just feels to very right and true.

Sorry, you cannot remove my Kurtbastian googles. Too much on-screen chemistry and great FF's cannot change my mind.

BTW I refused to read Kurtbastian for a long time because of your reasons as well. I really didn't get why people could ship it. Guess I was very wrong fanny2 

In regards to Naya, oh boy. That sounds... Suspect 

You mean real apologies in the fics? Okay, that's a start. In canon, Sebastian directed his apology to Blaine even though he treated Kurt the worst. :angry: Normally, I love forgiving Kurt...I don't mind that he took the high road and forgave Dave after he truly apologized to Kurt, but that has yet happened for Sebastian. Sebastian does not respect Kurt in canon, but if it's realistically portrayed in the fan fictions, okay...I can buy that. In my mind, the slushie was to ruin his clothes, but the rocksalt was to hurt his eyes....what else would the rocksalt be there for? I just...prefer respectful, peaceful/sweet and healthy/functional relationships...but I get that those are boring to many. I guess my tastes are very bland.

As for Naya's music...I hope her other songs are better! Doesn't she write her own stuff?

Oh, I have no intention of removing your Kurtbastian goggles. We are all free to ship what we want, and Lord knows I have a secret (maybe not so secret) crackship/OTP that I just adore...and I'm sure many of you would be like "WTF?!" if you knew what it was, especially you. Wink I just wanted someone to explain it to me once again and to refresh my memory, because it seems to be such a popular ship, and it just makes me feel uneasy, no matter how many amusing fics I read concerning that pairing.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/3/2013, 5:18 pm

That is okay. FF writer usually just take the little what is given from the show (the snark and obvious chemistry) and just add so many interesting new features and elements. At this very point canon wise, Kurtbastian couldn't just happen without redemption. Kurt usually also isn't immediately forgiving or the writer actually just re-write canon and the incident never happened. It is really a great ship with a very dedicated fanbase. Maybe just have a look around a bit. In my humble opinion, it is the ship that suits and represents Kurt best. Considering they will never be canon, the sheer amount of Kurtbastian shippers is HUGE.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/3/2013, 5:23 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:That is okay. FF writer usually just take the little what is given from the show (the snark and obvious chemistry) and just add so many interesting new features and elements. At this very point canon wise, Kurtbastian couldn't just happen without redemption. Kurt usually also isn't immediately forgiving or the writer actually just re-write canon and the incident never happened. It is really a great ship with a very dedicated fanbase. Maybe just have a look around a bit. In my humble opinion, it is the ship that suits and represents Kurt best. Considering they will never be canon, the sheer amount of Kurtbastian shippers is HUGE.

There are some fics about them that are an amusing read and I do get their chemistry in a way, but I'm just overly sensitive when it comes to...the more unpleasant side of relationships. Due to personal history (not me, but someone close to me) I am just an over reactive, over protective mess when it comes to a perceived injustice...(aka, someone good...someone I care about being treated horribly by someone.) But I didn't mean to crap all over your ship! Please, feel free to ship what you want! I just wanted someone to explain it to me again. I'm sorry if I came across as rude.

Last edited by MoviesAreLife on 8/3/2013, 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/3/2013, 5:25 pm

I actually ADORE the idea of a Kurt/Marley friendship! My favorite original with my favorite newbie! Also, they kind of look like brother and sister. Smile 

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/3/2013, 5:31 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:There are some fics about them that are an amusing read and I do get their chemistry in a way, but I'm just overly sensitive when it comes to...the more unpleasant side of relationships. Due to personal history (not me, but someone close to me) I am just an over reactive, over protective mess when it comes to a perceived injustice...(aka, someone good...someone I care about being treated horribly by someone.) But I didn't mean to crap all over your ship! Please, feel free to ship what you want! I just wanted someone to explain it to me again. I'm sorry if I came across as rude.

You weren't rude! I was joking. Please never, ever feel afraid to ask legitimate questions. I am sorry you felt that way! Feel free to not like Kurtbastian. Really, I will not like you less. That'd be stupid neutre 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/3/2013, 5:32 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:

I actually ADORE the idea of a Kurt/Marley friendship! My favorite original with my favorite newbie! Also, they kind of look like brother and sister. Smile 

I think you are so alone with that opinion Razz Razz Razz fanny2 

I don't want any Newbie/Kurt connections as it would mean he remains in Lima. antifana 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/3/2013, 5:42 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:

I think you are so alone with that opinion Razz Razz Razz fanny2 

I don't want any Newbie/Kurt connections as it would mean he remains in Lima.  antifana 

Oh yeah....forgot about that. Aside from the Lima part (because Kurt is too good for Lima) I just like the idea of these two being on friendly terms. I like both of their personalities.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next