Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8

+32
CloveGlee
Molly2
Georgette888
Stephanieeee
kac
TimF
Divalicious
opals
bayth
glimmerle
tanita_mors
arina
MissSoniaPP
coxfire
Delight
ChrisColferFan1
Vir Cotto
angelnessa
Glorfindel
valkeakuulas
sheny
sjonnepon
ColferInspired
AnneNeville
Jellyrolls
fantastica
brisallie
ColdFlame96
Ranwing
Buenos
Lottie2303
MoviesAreLife
36 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8 - Page 39 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/5/2013, 12:48 pm

I just think "endgame" is so freakin' unoriginal. It's overused. As if a person's life revolves around a "soulmate" or a partner whom they force themselves to be with just because they don't like to be alone. Now, you could say that "chasing ones' dream" is also an overused plotline, but I still prefer it over endgame because at least that person has a goal outside of a (usually dysfunctional) romance. At least they hang onto their individuality. Romance isn't everything because it comes and it goes, and so much of it is so unhealthy. I'm very, very cynical when it comes to that sort of thing.

And forgiving bad behavior because "We're soulmates and meant to be!!!1" is such a shitty message to send. This is the mentality that leads to abuse because the victim is too scared to leave their "soulmate" and find someone better.

Maybe this is just lazy writing? It's easier to write for couples than it is to write for individuals...half the work. dryy 

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8 - Page 39 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8

Post  Lottie2303 8/5/2013, 3:12 pm

I hate endgame. I truly and entirely hate them and usually end up loathing the individual characters as well. I am never a fan of the so called endgame couples and usually concentrate on the secondary couples, as I find them much more interesting. Not only on Glee but literally every other TV show. Monica and Chandler are a great example in how to keep characters together and show them as an interesting couple but also relationships. Rachel and Ross were so overrated and annoyed me so much.

I find it so disrespectful to have those couples who are separated usually for stupid reasons, dating other people (who always get hurt in the process) and unnecessary conflicts just to create friction. I find 'love at first sight' actually very lazy writing, because usually the writers actually do not provide reasons why the character love each other. They are just meant to be without any merit. The audience is just suposed to believe it. That is especially bothersome when as a viewer you do not get the purpose and the compatibility of said characters (i.e. Kurt and Blaine).

Long story short, Glee totally exceeds all expectations in how to have endgame couples in a show, but I hate them everywhere. Even in my other favorite shows. I can happily live with couples breaking up and staying apart. Mostly those 'couples' are actually more interesting then the supposed 'love at first sight-couples'.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 8/5/2013, 4:07 pm

Endgame isn't bad if they show the natural evolution of the relationship, and they show the struggles to make them work towards endgame. If they show good solid growth, particularly when the couple is split.

With Klaine it's so uneven that only the most narrow-minded, superficial fans can accept it. Klaine is so uneven it's not even funny. In Kurt, you have the character who is probably the most developed on the show, and with Blaine, you have a character with very little development in two and a half seasons considering the amount of screen time he is.

Just the attitude of the characters alone regarding what constitutes cheating is totally off. When Blaine interacts with a guy Kurt finds a threat to their relationship behind Kurt's back, or sleeps with a random guy because Kurt isn't there, we're basically told it's not a big deal, and Kurt should ignore the behavior, or not worry about it, and forgive Blaine. But when Kurt sends goofy flirty texts with a guy behind Blaine's back, it's a huge deal--"texting is cheating" and worthy of being publically humiliated in front of your friends.

What message that sends? If you are the "hot sexy superior passable" one, no matter what you do, it will be OK, and you will be forgive. If you are the "lesser" person in the relationship, you should forgive and forget because you are lucky to have Mr. perfect.

And then you look at the way they are treated at the school. Kurt was harassed, bullied, and teased for the way he dressed and being gay. Blaine comes into the school wearing clothes that makes him stand out in the high school crowd every bit as much as Kurt's clothes, and also comes in with an air of "everyone loves me," and he doesn't get bullied at all? (Not saying that Blaine should be bullied, but when you see Kurt, Unique, and even Rory being bullied at the school, you have to wonder how Blaine made it through being in that school without being bullied, especially considering they knew that he was with Kurt).

And in the scheme of things, Klaine has very limited development as a couple. If you put all of the Klaine screen time together and watched it, it probably would barely last an hour.

It's just ridiculous to think that a couple that are not equals and have very little development between them is supposed to be endgame.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/5/2013, 4:17 pm

Jelly, great point about the superior/inferior parties in relationships. It is usually also always the female who feels insecure and inferior and is EXPECTED to forgive and forget. The message to young girls is so very dangerous and just plain wrong. In so many movies, books and TV shows they get basically told as long as a boy is attractive, confident and loves you, he can treat you like crap. He still cares about you, somehow.

The development of Klaine is already lacking because FOX prohibits to show any real romantic/sexual/even domestic interactions between a same-sex couple. Klaine was doomed from the start, because they are not allowed to be represented the same way, as lets say Finchel. Also Kurt and Blaine just don't fit anymore. They are actually a great example for young people who believe to find the love of their life in HS, and then to figure out you don't fit together anymore when you grow up. Those storylines bring so many possibilities for scenes and real acting opportunities for the actors. Imagine a scene between Blaine and Kurt where they admit not to love each other anymore, but the idea of them. Alas, RIB will never go there. It is sad and they will waste Chris talent once again.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 8/5/2013, 4:21 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Endgame isn't bad if they show the natural evolution of the relationship, and they show the struggles to make them work towards endgame.  If they show good solid growth, particularly when the couple is split.

With Klaine it's so uneven that only the most narrow-minded, superficial fans can accept it.  Klaine is so uneven it's not even funny.  In Kurt, you have the character who is probably the most developed on the show, and with Blaine, you have a character with very little development in two and a half seasons considering the amount of screen time he is.

Just the attitude of the characters alone regarding what constitutes cheating is totally off.  When Blaine interacts with a guy Kurt finds a threat to their relationship behind Kurt's back, or sleeps with a random guy because Kurt isn't there, we're basically told it's not a big deal, and Kurt should ignore the behavior, or not worry about it, and forgive Blaine.  But when Kurt sends goofy flirty texts with a guy behind Blaine's back, it's a huge deal--"texting is cheating" and worthy of being publically humiliated in front of your friends.

What message that sends?  If you are the "hot sexy superior passable" one, no matter what you do, it will be OK, and you will be forgive.  If you are the "lesser" person in the relationship, you should forgive and forget because you are lucky to have Mr. perfect.

And then you look at the way they are treated at the school.  Kurt was harassed, bullied, and teased for the way he dressed and being gay.  Blaine comes into the school wearing clothes that makes him stand out in the high school crowd every bit as much as Kurt's clothes, and also comes in with an air of "everyone loves me," and he doesn't get bullied at all?  (Not saying that Blaine should be bullied, but when you see Kurt, Unique, and even Rory being bullied at the school, you have to wonder how Blaine made it through being in that school without being bullied, especially considering they knew that he was with Kurt).

And in the scheme of things, Klaine has very limited development as a couple.  If you put all of the Klaine screen time together and watched it, it probably would barely last an hour.  

It's just ridiculous to think that a couple that are not equals and have very little development between them is supposed to be endgame.

Great post. Your post is one of many reasons I don't ship canon Klaine.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 8/5/2013, 5:02 pm

Countdown for Fox advertising department utilizing Chris going on tour and them starting full on Klaine assault this week. OK shooting starts also, but Klaine is their advertising vessel. No matter how much Blam gathers fans it's still relativey small when promos are considered.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/6/2013, 6:13 pm

I doubt there are many Blam fans, so to speak.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/6/2013, 8:06 pm

Buenos wrote:I doubt there are many Blam fans, so to speak.  

They are. But as some of them are Klainers, they don't like they have more songs and dialogues than Klaine had last season, so it would be a nightmare for them if Glee all of sudden decide to turn them into a couple. Would be the worst thing ever.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 8/6/2013, 10:22 pm

brisallie wrote:

They are. But as some of them are Klainers, they don't like they have more songs and dialogues than Klaine had last season, so it would be a nightmare for them if Glee all of sudden decide to turn them into a couple. Would be the worst thing ever.

I think they should go for it! Then Kurt will be FREEEEE!

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/6/2013, 10:46 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
brisallie wrote:

Agree. But I'm already imagine klainers setting fire to RIB's houses.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 8/7/2013, 12:37 am

brisallie wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:
brisallie wrote:

Agree. But I'm already imagine klainers setting fire to RIB's houses.

phr34r phr34r phr34r phr34r phr34r phr34r phr34r phr34r phr34r phr34r phr34r phr34r phr34r phr34r phr34r 
(Klainer attack team)

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 8/7/2013, 1:23 am

brisallie wrote:

I think most of Blam fans and some Klainers like only their friendship. The romantic Blam shippers are not so many but they are definitely very annoying and delusional. I hate them and the way some of them are bashing Kurt. I accidentally clicked on a Blam shippers blog one time and the things I read about Kurt there were just disgusting. Poor baby doesn't deserve the hate that's coming from some immature 12 years old girls who think there is some epic romance between Blaine and his straight bro.

I'm sure if Ryan suddenly decides to make Sam gay or bi the amount of screentime and songs they get together will decrease a lot because on Glee two men are allowed to have real conversations, hang out, make stupid sex jokes and sing together only when they are not in a romantic relationship. The moment it happens Blam will disappear in the background just like Klaine did in season 3.

Maybe it won't be that bad actually, if it means no more boring and annoying Blah on my screen. But I hate those damn shipper and I don't want them to get what they want.

BTW did you see the pictures from yesterdays' filming. Chord kept the long hair he had this summer for season 5. It looks like Sam will have a ponytail from now on.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/7/2013, 9:28 am

Will the "I'm so disappointed and offended by him" 'fans' of Chris who are saying he's lying now (about him and Darren) and that he "made a mistake like all humans do" kindly GTFO? :angry:
I swear..... antifana sayian tronco

Oh, and the same goes for 'those' (who, lbr, are probably the same 'fans' as mentioned above) who are thinking that the villain's name in TLoS2 is a reference to Mia (being an evil bitch etc.), when the name of Ezmia the enchantress is centuries old.
badday sadica  sw022
Really, first 'they' besmirched TLoS1 by claiming that Froggy is based on Darren, and now they are pissing their delusional ship's acid all over TLoS2 as well..... FUCK OFF!

And for crying out loud: if you are such a classless moron for writing these sort of things down, then at least stay in your own rancid tag and don't put it where every Chris fan on tumblr can see it! brikwol 
If you tag it with Chris Colfer you deserve all the ridicule and dung that will be thrown at you. rentine 

This has been a PSA about common sense, respect and courtesy. Thank you. smajli

-ETA-
Someone posted a snipbit from TLoS2 in connection to these social media 'issues'. I'll put it behind spoiler bars, so read at own risk (it isn't long or giving away spoilers):
TLoS2:

Last edited by Glorfindel on 8/7/2013, 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 8/7/2013, 9:47 am

Seriously, these people are delusional. Do they even know anything about Chris? Lying about him and Darren? Seriously? Do they even know Chris? Why would someone who has been out since the beginning lie about a relationship? (And I don't count him not going public with Will for several months as hiding a relationship--he kept that quiet so that they could build a relationship outside of the public eye and to protect Will from the scrutiny of the fandom until he knew the relationship was going somewhere). And why would Darren, who has been gay friendly from day one, feel like he needed to hide in the closet if he were gay (which we know he is not)?

I don't like Darren as an actor or his public persona, but neither him or Chris deserve this kind of crap from the fan, and even more than that, neither do Will or Mia.

The so-called fans need to learn about boundaries. Fans can criticize an actor's performance if they want (like many of us do with Blarren). They can even criticize the way they behave during public events (as we also do with Blarren). But prying into their personal lives, and harassing and stalking them on twitter, calling them liars because the actor's opinion differs from theirs, and attacking their family and friends is not cool at all.

I have to say that every time I think I'm being too critical or harsh about Darren, I realize that I'm really only critical of his performance and his behavior at certain events--not his personal life. And I'm not bombarding him with hate no twitter. That is what separates us from the idiots. We may not like him, but we aren't harassing him and his family and friends about it. Even in my tweets, it's Blaine--not Darren--that I am critical about.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/7/2013, 11:22 am

That quote is so true. It applies to Chris so well, perhaps that's why he wrote it.

The delusional, idiot CrissColfer's are mad at Chris for telling the truth and for not playing along with their childish fantasies. Typical. Why can't they just get lost and move on from Chris? He is too good for them. I wish they'd piss off and go stan Twilight or something. They can go harass the actors who play Jake and Edward about being in a secret relationship and leave Chris alone.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 8/8/2013, 3:43 pm

Please bear with my off topic Glee Project/Glee related snarking. The interview with Melissa B. in which she says that she and Blake don't have to act because of their real life chemistry ticked me off. Because Blake can act, and he showed chemistry with whoever he was paired with on The Glee Project: Season Two (kind of like Chris always has chemistry with his partners, though I am not implying that they are anywhere like the same level of actor, just that Blake can act and has chemistry with his partners!).

That got me watching videos from TGP Season Two, and it actually made me mad. I cannot BELIEVE how lame the newbies/McKinley Season Four musical numbers are when you look at what The Glee Project Two on Oxygen did:

Hit Me With Your Best Shot/One Way or Another Music Video:

We Found Love:

Aylin and Shanna get more action on Oxygen than Brittany and Santana ever did on Fox . . .

Charlie sings "I Get a Kick Out of You":

And improvs on "Fix You":

Nellie sings "If I Were a Boy":

(She wasn't a strong actor, but damn, can't they find a voice like hers with a charismatic actress?)

Ali Stroker sings "Popular":

Aylin kills "Without You":

Lily Mae - "Son of a Preacher Man":

"Mercy"

I watch these videos and I think "I would watch McKinley if these people were there." (And hadn't gotten turned into Finn 2.0). And why is the quality of the videos so much higher for TGP? And why didn't they get THOSE voices on the show?

RIB . . . WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY? At this point, aside from the lack of Chris Colfer, watching TGP2 is more satisfying than watching Glee.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/8/2013, 3:46 pm

i don't know if the quality is higher on TGP. they use the same people in everthing from directing to music production to choreography. maybe these folks are more "fresh" to you.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 8/8/2013, 4:05 pm

fantastica wrote:i don't know if the quality is higher on TGP. they use the same people in everthing from directing to music production to choreography. maybe these folks are more "fresh" to you.
Well, they were on another network (not Fox) and used just one director for the music videos, I think. I really think that the group and the voices are more interesting than the current McKinley cast. Even Blake and Ali are more interesting on TGP than when they are on Glee--so that shows some problems with the writing.

Now that I think about it, Charlie, who took his acting seriously, had written out a whole ideal character for himself should he get on Glee, which he was open about. It was a long-lost brother of Finn (I think he thought they looked a little similar). And then, in Season Four, lo and behold Puck gets a long lost brother . . .

ETA: Just curious, did you watch the videos?

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/8/2013, 4:20 pm

Personally, I've always, always thought Lindsay should have been cast in a permanent role. I never believed her villain edit and I've always liked her. She could sing, act, and even learn dance routines if given the time. I will never understand why RIB and the fandom treated her so horribly. :( I've always said she had the talent of Lea and the beauty of Dianna.

As for TGP S2, I was dead-set against Blake winning. I really wanted a girl to win this time around. Ali was charismatic as hell in her performance of "Popular" and Aylin would've presented a fresh storyline of a Muslim girl in a Ohio high school setting. But Blake is a talented actor, and I'm glad he won now. I really like Ali, but I hated the character they had her play...this girl is so cute and sweet. She acts like a Disney princess, and they had her play that obnoxious bitch Betty. Ick.

Nellie! Her voice was so original! Kind of like Marley's, but more rough. She could've been a true tomboy character.

Lily Mae and Charlie both irritated the hell out of me, but it was startling to see how much Charlie resembled Finn at first! Wow!

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 8/8/2013, 4:26 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:Personally, I've always, always thought Lindsay should have been cast in a permanent role. I never believed her villain edit and I've always liked her. She could sing, act, and even learn dance routines if given the time. I will never understand why RIB and the fandom treated her so horribly. :(I've always said she had the talent of Lea and the beauty of Dianna.

As for TGP S2, I was dead-set against Blake winning. I really wanted a girl to win this time around. Ali was charismatic as hell in her performance of "Popular" and Aylin would've presented a fresh storyline of a Muslim girl in a Ohio high school setting. But Blake is a talented actor, and I'm glad he won now. I really like Ali, but I hated the character they had her play...this girl is so cute and sweet. She acts like a Disney princess, and they had her play that obnoxious bitch Betty. Ick.

Nellie! Her voice was so original! Kind of like Marley's, but more rough. She could've been a true tomboy character.

Lily Mae and Charlie both irritated the hell out of me, but it was startling to see how much Charlie resembled Finn at first! Wow!
Lily Mae and Charlie both got rather unflattering "cuts" in the show, but they are both extremely talented performers, at least on stage.

::whispers:: I kind of think that the show avoids casting male or female vocalists who might overshadow the current cast members. That is stabbing yourself in the back, but I don't think they're willing to cast men who would overshadow the current men (sets a low bar!) or women who would compete with Lea.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/8/2013, 4:44 pm

AnneNeville wrote:Lily Mae and Charlie both got rather unflattering "cuts" in the show, but they are both extremely talented performers, at least on stage.

::whispers:: I kind of think that the show avoids casting male or female vocalists who might overshadow the current cast members. That is stabbing yourself in the back, but I don't think they're willing to cast men who would overshadow the current men (sets a low bar!) or women who would compete with Lea.
That's very true. Just as in the case of Lindsay, the subjects of a reality TV show can be edited to look like anything. The showrunners make the audience see what they want them to see, even if it means trashing a kid's reputation all of the sake of 'entertainment'. I'll never forget how they left out the fact that Lindsay really talked about past abuse just to make her look as if she was saying "I'm too pretty to be taken seriously" in the Born This Way inspired performance. How can they do something so heartless?

This sort of makes sense. Lindsay was too much like Lea. She was a threat, so they got rid of her. But what about the others? Melissa is a very good singer (though, not with the same range as Lea). I do not like his voice, but Jacob can sing well. So can Becca, and she's got that theatrical flair. Blake can sing better than Cory and Darren. Alex is a powerful vocalist.

You know who was someone else I liked from TGP? Ellis (she was from S1). She stood out to me right away. I loved her jazzy alto voice. Plus, she reminded me of Chris in a way (back then). This incredibly sarcastic young adult who is stuck in a child's body. LOL!

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/8/2013, 6:05 pm

i may be biased. i don't want to see ANY of the (potential) new people on glee. I want the show to end. lol
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 8/8/2013, 6:14 pm

fantastica wrote:i may be biased. i don't want to see ANY of the (potential) new people on glee. I want the show to end. lol
Ah, well these aren't potential new people anymore, since they lost TGP.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/8/2013, 6:24 pm

AnneNeville wrote:::whispers:: I kind of think that the show avoids casting male or female vocalists who might overshadow the current cast members. That is stabbing yourself in the back, but I don't think they're willing to cast men who would overshadow the current men (sets a low bar!) or women who would compete with Lea.
Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner. Especially about the female voice being a competiton to Lea.

Isn't it also funny how none of the female characters (i.e. Mercedes, Santana) on the show are allowed to pursue/succeed with their voices, create stupid obstacles/new passions just to ensure Rachel will be the first to be successful with her voice?! Drives me nuts.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/8/2013, 6:59 pm

fantastica wrote:i may be biased. i don't want to see ANY of the (potential) new people on glee. I want the show to end. lol
Then we'd have to say goodbye to Kurt Hummel and to weekly Chris on our TV screens. Chris would also have to say goodbye to his main source of income. Stability in Hollywood is hard to come by.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next