Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8

+32
CloveGlee
Molly2
Georgette888
Stephanieeee
kac
TimF
Divalicious
opals
bayth
glimmerle
tanita_mors
arina
MissSoniaPP
coxfire
Delight
ChrisColferFan1
Vir Cotto
angelnessa
Glorfindel
valkeakuulas
sheny
sjonnepon
ColferInspired
AnneNeville
Jellyrolls
fantastica
brisallie
ColdFlame96
Ranwing
Buenos
Lottie2303
MoviesAreLife
36 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8 - Page 40 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/8/2013, 7:00 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:::whispers:: I kind of think that the show avoids casting male or female vocalists who might overshadow the current cast members. That is stabbing yourself in the back, but I don't think they're willing to cast men who would overshadow the current men (sets a low bar!) or women who would compete with Lea.
Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner. Especially about the female voice being a competiton to Lea.

Isn't it also funny how none of the female characters (i.e. Mercedes, Santana) on the show are allowed to pursue/succeed with their voices, create stupid obstacles/new passions just to ensure Rachel will be the first to be successful with her voice?! Drives me nuts.
What about Mercedes? She's on her way to a recording career.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8 - Page 40 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/8/2013, 7:01 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
fantastica wrote:i may be biased. i don't want to see ANY of the (potential) new people on glee. I want the show to end. lol
Ah, well these aren't potential new people anymore, since they lost TGP.
Thank goodness. I like the concept of TGP, but I'm so sick of new people.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/8/2013, 7:44 pm

i'm the opposite. these people are quite talented and i have no problem if they appear on other shows. i don't like TGP. i don't like the concept of new students replacing old.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 8/8/2013, 8:12 pm

Who would have thunk that out of the first season Glee Project winners, Alex would be the one who would be promoted to regular? He was portrayed as a diva who thought he was better than everyone, and didn't think he needed to work as hard as the others. (and having seen him in person at his high school, I can confirm that he does like to be the center of attention).
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/8/2013, 8:57 pm

i think out of all the actors on the show he's the only one who is playing himself.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/8/2013, 9:02 pm

I laugh at his now and realise that the Darren stans fabricated a whole different life for Darren before Glee. Razz 

Darren stans had this whole story that Darren had a hard life, struggled, that he had to play for restaurants because he needed the money, but the real story is he comes from a rich family (his dad is a banker and successful business man) so Darren has never struggled in his life.

But the thing is Darren never said he struggled.

There is an article on Ontd-glee about celebrities that come from money and Darren is listed as one.

This has me thinking about all the screen time and songs he has gotten on Glee (this is pure speculation) what if his dad secretly invested money into the show so his son could be showcased more?
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/8/2013, 9:20 pm

^ i wouldn't doubt that. DC's dad is a VERY rich banker.  He donated TONS of money to San Fran's art cause (mainly in performing arts). That's why DC could afford to party his way through college. it's very typical of rich kids to behave like that while in school. Real poor kids have to work for tuition and they won't be able to afford a party-everyday kind of life style.

now having a rich daddy isn't necessarily a bad thing. i would love to have a rich dad myself. lol
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/8/2013, 9:32 pm

fantastica wrote:^ i wouldn't doubt that. DC's dad is a VERY rich banker.  He donated TONS of money to San Fran's art cause (mainly in performing arts). That's why DC could afford to party his way through college. it's very typical of rich kids to behave like that while in school. Real poor kids have to work for tuition and they won't be able to afford a party-everyday kind of life style.

now having a rich daddy isn't necessarily a bad thing. i would love to have a rich dad myself. lol
I don't think it is a bad thing either, but the stories that the Darren stans came up with during Season 2 of Glee, just make me laugh. Razz 

I think they were jealous of Chris being seen as inspirational as he did come from hard times, and wanted to try to convince others that Darren had it just as hard or harder.

I never thought Darren set out to inspire anyone, fans and media just ran with it.

He has invested money into an online mens products business, so given GML was a total flop, maybe he is seeing if he can be as good a business man as his dad.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 8/8/2013, 9:39 pm

The Blarren stans spin so many delusional stories that I think they don't know what's true and what's fake anymore.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/8/2013, 11:05 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:The Blarren stans spin so many delusional stories that I think they don't know what's true and what's fake anymore.  
 It used to make me annoyed and roll my eyes. Rolling Eyes
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/9/2013, 12:04 am

I didn't know that Darren comes from a wealthy family. But thinking about it, it looks like Blaine's life, I mean, Blaine is also someone who apparently comes from a wealthy family, right?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/9/2013, 4:02 am

MoviesAreLife wrote:What about Mercedes? She's on her way to a recording career.
She had a recording contract and let it go because she wasn't comfortable about wearing certain clothes. All while making a big speech while wearing a nice, cute, short dress.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/9/2013, 4:16 am

Interesting fact about Darren. Didn't know that. But I don't believe his daddy had anything to do with Glee. In case Blaine wouldn't have been liked as character, he may would have disappeared quickly. He was really successful, therefore stayed and then they overcompensated.

I believe this is one of those weird double-standards in HW. FOX likes to be LGBT friendly, but only with a straight actor. They like to pretend to support LGBT rights, without showing it on TV with an actual romantic couple. They don't like that their homosexual actor is actually the inspirational, sex figure of Glee. Chris can and actually does change something. He is showing you can come out early during your career and still be successful. You can be gay and teenage girls/women still love, admire and follow you with the same passion as compared with heterosexual stars. Therefore they also still treat Kurt like a baby penguin, because they cannot support the sexual side of the gay community. That sounds hard, but I believe it is true. Chris is changing Hollywood and how LGBT actors should be treated. I bet there are many powerful people in HW who are not happy and totally against that notion.

I think they prefer Darren because he is popular, attractive (to many), represents the LGBT community, is loved by the LGBT community (who are stupid enough to fail to see only supporting gay friendly actors will never change anything) but isn't gay. He is no danger. Chris however is proving on a daily basis that HW is wrong and that people can come out and that the audience accepts, supports and loves them. Chris, his insistence to go against the norm and to sexualize Kurt, even though it is not wanted (he admitted that about Lets have a Kiki), highlights to the general audience that FOX is actually homophobic and the preference to Darren, the save and straight actor.

Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/9/2013, 4:38 am

Lottie2303 wrote:Interesting fact about Darren. Didn't know that. But I don't believe his daddy had anything to do with Glee. In case Blaine wouldn't have been liked as character, he may would have disappeared quickly. He was really successful, therefore stayed and then they overcompensated.

I believe this is one of those weird double-standards in HW. FOX likes to be LGBT friendly, but only with a straight actor. They like to pretend to support LGBT rights, without showing it on TV with an actual romantic couple. They don't like that their homosexual actor is actually the inspirational, sex figure of Glee. Chris can and actually does change something. He is showing you can come out early during your career and still be successful. You can be gay and teenage girls/women still love, admire and follow you with the same passion as compared with heterosexual stars.  Therefore they also still treat Kurt like a baby penguin, because they cannot support the sexual side of the gay community. That sounds hard, but I believe it is true. Chris is changing Hollywood and how LGBT actors should be treated. I bet there are many powerful people in HW who are not happy and totally against that notion.

I think they prefer Darren because he is popular, attractive (to many), represents the LGBT community, is loved by the LGBT community (who are stupid enough to fail to see only supporting gay friendly actors will never change anything) but isn't gay. He is no danger. Chris however is proving on a daily basis that HW is wrong and that people can come out and that the audience accepts, supports and loves them. Chris, his insistence to go against the norm and to sexualize Kurt, even though it is not wanted (he admitted that about Lets have a Kiki), highlights to the general audience that FOX is actually homophobic and the preference to Darren, the save and straight actor.

I think opinions are changing, thanks to the media.

Many in mainstream media see Chris as attractive and has sex appeal.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 8/9/2013, 5:07 am

ColferGirl wrote:I think opinions are changing, thanks to the media.

Many in mainstream media see Chris as attractive and has sex appeal.
Yup, because Chris is talented, intelligent and sexy, and therefore FOX/the media were basically forced acknowledge and use it. Chris himself is changing the perception and marketability of young homosexual actors in Hollywood. He truly is an individual who will be remembered for a long time.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 8/9/2013, 11:05 am

I just have to say again the Criss Colfer people are idiots. Some of them are saying that one of the characters in TLOS2 is a dig on Mia, and some of them are saying that the legs in the background of the picture of Brian sitting on icon magazine are Darren's because the feet are small, the legs are short, and the jeans bunch up in the same way Darren's do.

Seriously, get a clue, people.

-------

https://chriscolferfanforum.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=507
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40