Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

+32
Piciollina
Porcelainbyfire
Catt24
Vir Cotto
ColferGirl
Ireth
dap1217
Georgette888
MissSoniaPP
bayth
coxfire
tanita_mors
glimmerle
Ranwing
Jellyrolls
ChrisColferFan1
TimF
ColferInspired
sheny
fantastica
Divalicious
Delight
Glorfindel
ladydianab
valkeakuulas
Buenos
arina
brisallie
AnneNeville
MoviesAreLife
ColdFlame96
Lottie2303
36 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3 - Page 5 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

Post  AnneNeville 6/4/2013, 11:57 pm

I started watching Glee online with my mom after people in my PhD program started writing papers/complaining and discussing the show and their use of Broadway music in class. Thought I should know what it was finally (this was around the time Darren Criss was finishing his Broadway stint).

I kept watching because gosh darn it Kurt was so adorable and looked like I imagined my husband might have looked like (or our kids might look like) and was un-freakin-believably talented and that voice.

But yeah, the adorableness of Chris Colfer did have a big part in me watching Glee. And I can safely say that at this point he is the ONLY reason I can come up with for continuing to watch.

Unless (and I feel odd saying this) they bring Karofsky back and give him a really good storyline with Kurt. That would be motivating. I am not a shipper, but they can pack deliver a scene.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3 - Page 5 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 3

Post  arina 6/5/2013, 1:44 am

Buenos wrote:I guess I'm different, i was big fan of the original Glee of season one, plus I'm a sucker for musical numbers.
Agree that Season 4 was a disaster overall, so it's not like I would ever defend sidelining Chris, Lea, Cory, Naya, etc for Ryan Murphy's disastrous retooled Mckinley with all the Noobs and making BLAM! the centerpiece. However, I like the premise of a musical series which Glee is so in that sense I've always liked Glee in addition to falling in love with Kurt.
It is the same for me!
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 6/5/2013, 2:44 am

Season 4 was the worst Glee season ever I don't understand what exactly some people like about that disaster. I don't have high expectations for next season too. Now that Melissa and Blake are dating in real life I won't be surprised if Ryan decides to use that as a PR tool and turn them in the new Finchel with main focus in season 5.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 6/5/2013, 2:56 am

I don't know if there are Diana Agron fans on this forum but have you seen her new movie with Robert De Niro, Tommy Lee Jones and Michelle Pfeiffer. Leaving Glee was one of the best things that could have happened to her. I hope to see Chris in movies with such great actors too some day.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 6/5/2013, 3:59 am

Too be honest, I don’t have that much of a hard time stopping Glee in general, because I never really was 100% convinced of the show. Even Season 1 (the golden years) had in my opinion many unlikable moments. As I cannot stand Rachel and Finchel, it is hard to watch a show when you literally hate the main character/couple. Glee was always about Kurt! But I’ll miss the musical performances and the fact knowing what Glee could have been due to all the wasted opportunities in favor of 0815 storylines.

The level and waste of talent from Chris speaks volumes when I am willing to watch four season of an ensemble show for ONE character. There are so many Kurt-light episode that it sometimes shocks me I even bothered watching those episodes. I still like the first half of S4, but starting from S4E16 it just got to unbearable. Not even Santana, my second favorite character, convinces me to watch the show. There are a handful of episode I only watched the Kurt edit. I still have zero interest to see those missed episodes.

I need some major Kurt news for the new season to even bother watching again. As long as the Kurt-parts are not Klaine heavy, I will still watch the Kurt edit. But I just cannot continue watching a show which sidelines one of the most critically acclaimed and fan favorite actors, because RIB needed to fulfill their selfish needs to introduce and force down our throats new characters. I cannot deal how Kurt will most likely get sidelined again, as Glee sincerely doesn’t seem to bother about the character nor his fans anymore. I won’t continue watching Kurt edits once he is reunited with Blaine (or, the episodes getting to that point). I love Kurt, I am really passionate about the character and I worship Chris talent: I will not support the continued character assassination in order to prop other characters (Rachel and Blaine). I will not support as show that tells young people emotionally abusive relationships are okay, as long as you love the person enough. That is sick, disgusting and very dangerous.

I wonder why FOX/RIB are so willing to ignore the Kurt fandom? Sincere question, are we actually that small and unimportant and I just have a wrong perception? They do know about the main complaints but they never bother to make a change. However compared to Blaine, they are willing to listen and trying to amend it (i.e. the very questionable “Diryt Cute” after Kurt fans pointed out Blaine never complimented Kurt). Are they so secure our love for Chris will make us continuing watching? Do they really not worry about us stopping? Or did they decide to focus on the Blarren fans, as they appear to be there in larger numbers (?) and the other fandoms are screwed? Not just Kurt, but Santata and Rachel and the old cast. Are they that stupid to put all their trust, confidence, profit and reputation in one actor and fanbase, consequences being damned?! I really, really don’t get it.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 6/5/2013, 4:59 am

Fox and RIB know darn well how popular Kurt is and how much of a fanbase Chris has. That's what they kept relying on in season 4. They used the fans of Kurt and Rachel as guarantees, living on the interests (%) of their popularity while they tried to launch the new kids as their usurpers on Glee.
They only showed us snipbits of Kurt and Rachel in season 4, enough to keep their fans still tuning in to see the episodes, and they even gave Kurt some wins (succes at NYADA, compliments, winning over Rachel in a diva-off, a new bf) to keep his fans satisfied. In the mean time they spend most of their time on the noobs and Blam, knowing that as long as Kurt and Rachel were still marginally on the show people would tune in, no matter how bad the rest was.

Well, I think it's safe to say that their gamble failed. A lot of Kurt and Rachel fans either left the show or only watch edits now online. So the next season even Hummelberry's popularity can't save the show, unless they give them more to do: more screentime and songs. If they don't they are even more stupid then I thought they were. So in theory next season should have more for Kurt.
But Ryan is stubborn: it will take a lot for him to face the fact that Glee's success is based on the actors/old characters, not on the writing of RIB (not anymore). His (badly executed) revolving doors idea (replacing old kids with new kids) is a failure, due to his own bad writing I might add.

I refuse to be optimistic about Glee, even when the signs are saying next season should be better (at least when it comes to screentime for characters we love). I've been disappointed too many times, I won't be fooled again. No expectations.

brisallie wrote:I was questioning that: Do I ever was a hardcore fan? Nope. Actually Glee didn't got my attention when it come out, I didn't get the excitement about a musical series.
I was a hardcore fan of seasons 1 and 2, and parts of 3 (more that I wanted Glee to be good by that time). Glee can be brilliant and heartbreaking, and not only Kurt's stories. But I always also saw the big flaws Glee had from the beginning, although the moments of greatness made up for that.
I saw the pilot and the first episodes, but gave up after about 7-8 episodes because Terri's baby-story grossed me out and the show wasn't as funny as I thought it would be, plus they used music I didn't care for in most of those episodes (Kurt hadn't sung yet). I tried it again when they aired the Madonna episode (still one of the best episodes they ever did, imo, and I don't even like Madonna's music) and Kurt got me hooked from there on. But I also liked most other characters and the stories weren't that bad back then either. Some of the music was really good too (e.g. the Journey medley). I became a hardcore fan after that.

Season 3 broke me as a Glee fan. Kurt not getting a decent role in WSS, the Blaine worship at the detriment of Kurt pissed me off, Karofsky's Valentine's plan disgussed me, and Kurt never got to sing properly at a competition. "I didn't get in" was the final nail in the coffin of Glee. I still had some hopes for season 4 (after a summer full of complaints to RIB/Fox) but although the first (4) episodes looked promising something had already died in the finale of season 3, and I never got that feeling of loving Glee back.
The rest of season 4 was just horrible, with the exception of a few Kurt scenes. Now Glee has no moments of greatness anymore: it's less than mediocre garbage. And the bad writing created a big stinking mess of canon that makes almost all characters look like douchebags if you think of what they have done so far.
It will take a miracle to revive and repair Glee enough so that I might be able to care for it again. And it makes me sad, because I really used to love this show to pieces. :(
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 6/5/2013, 5:47 am

The problem I predict is simply the will put a lot of focus on Rachel, will give NYC stories to newly arriving characters (i.e. first time out in a bar) and Kurt will just remain faithfully a secondary character. Then we are supposed to be happy to see more Kurt. I don’t believe anymore that he truly will be a main character again. He will be used for marketing tools and attracting the audience. He will also remain only to be a prop for Rachel and Blaine/Klaine. But it won’t be just about Kurt anymore, I don’t believe that.

Kurt edits might ruin the show for good as his fans don’t need to bother with the episode anymore and can see the parts they are interested in. For me, there is no saving grace left anymore in MK. I think once again FOX/RIB underestimated their fanbase. They are so convinced Kurt fans will continue watching, but they didn’t anticipate that fans would find alternatives and even find great tools to stop watching altogether without saying goodbye to Kurt.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 6/5/2013, 6:09 am

Even though I saw as well many flaws in the season 1, I loved the show back then because it was just something different, I loved it was rather a satira, didn't take itself too seriously, I loved the original unique quirky characters (and the fact they did not cast for them actors looking like models like anywhere else but more "ordinary" looking people, they just felt real), I loved the fact they did not have the lead girl the 100 % likeable the girl next door type of girl but ambitious often very irritating but still for many people relatable character. The musical numbers were great (still most of my favorite numbers are from season 1 and 2) and they actually made sense back then. Glee really used to be in many ways somethig new, unique, now it's just ordinary high school tv show with bland characters, on the top of that very badly written. I felt for season 1 characters, I really hoped for them to win the competition and nowadays I don't give a shit.

Glee still has not that bad ratings but I think it's mostly because even though most of the fans of the original concept left, the current concept attracted more the teenage fans who cares mostly about couples and think the best writing is writing shirtless scenes and this kind of scenes. (Kurt and Blaie making out in the car is the best thing ever, does not matter it does not make any sense at that point).. And these fans are probably the ones the writers are focused most on these days.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 6/5/2013, 6:32 am

arina wrote:Even though I saw as well many flaws in the season 1, I loved the show back then because it was just something different, I loved it was rather a satira, didn't take itself too seriously, I loved the original unique quirky characters (and the fact they did not cast for them actors looking like models like anywhere else but more "ordinary" looking people, they just felt real), I loved the fact they did not have the lead girl the 100 % likeable the girl next door type of girl but ambitious often very irritating but still for many people relatable character. The musical numbers were great (still most of my favorite numbers are from season 1 and 2) and they actually made sense back then. Glee really used to be in many ways somethig new, unique, now it's just ordinary high school tv show with bland characters, on the top of that very badly written. I felt for season 1 characters, I really hoped for them to win the competition and nowadays I don't give a shit.

Yes, and nowadays the do the exact opposite but only casting generic, boring actors with no unique personality. They also conduct way too much PSA, while being the biggest hypocrites in Hollywood. Glee does everything but not actually support outcasts.

arina wrote:And these fans are probably the ones the writers are focused most on these days.

But are those fans profitable and a desirable target group for the long run? No. Glee is an ensemble show. Why do they only concentrate on one segment by only pleasing the fanbase of one character? It doesn’t make sense. Esppecially because they do a great job to reject the GA and loyal fans since S1.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 6/5/2013, 9:12 am

sheny wrote:I don't know if there are Diana Agron fans on this forum but have you seen her new movie with Robert De Niro, Tommy Lee Jones and Michelle Pfeiffer. Leaving Glee was one of the best things that could have happened to her. I hope to see Chris in movies with such great actors too some day.

I'm not his fans, but I'm glad she's doing more things beyond Glee. And seriously she's one of the ones I think is gonna be successful if she keep this path. Also I believe that it was good for Dianna to leave Glee, because writers didn't know what to do with Quinn but turns her into a psycho girl with "big plans".

And people, count me as someone who also started to watch Glee because of Kurt. I don't remember it was Madonna's episode or Theatricality when he got my attention. But overall I liked the golden days, and for me Terri's plot was nonsense, but at the same time I liked the crazyness she had. However, I'm glad they started to focus more on the kids.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 6/5/2013, 9:33 am

I am really happy for Dianna!
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 6/5/2013, 9:46 am

arina wrote:I am really happy for Dianna!

Don't forget that Robert De Niro is part owner of Tribeca, and they bought SBL.

I am happy for Dianna.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/5/2013, 12:05 pm

yay for diana!

as i was typing "yay", i made typos twice. first time i typed "gay", and then "jay". blinkk Razz
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 6/5/2013, 12:31 pm

Good for Dianna. I love her, I just hate Quinn. I honestly think Quinn may be suffering from postpartum psychosis.

I do like the show still...I love the comedy-drama genre. And I do love the serious subjects they tackle. I love the performing arts appreciation and I love the patchwork of different kids (underdogs) coming together to create a dysfunctional "family" of sorts. I love what the show tries to do. I also love the blend of musical numbers: the Broadway tunes, the pop music and so on. Oh, and I am a sucker for the "liberal politics" of the show. Unfortunately, the show has changed so much over the years. Celebrating popular people instead of underdogs, giving the new kids no main quirks (except for Kitty), churning out the latest pop garbage and ignoring older music and showtunes for the most part, disguising more conservative views within a supposedly liberal show (Rachel and Kurt should just be happy to be housewives/househusbands). Now, I don't think all hope is lost...but the show does frustrate me to no end. All I want is what is best for Kurt. As Lottie said, I don't even think my second favorite character (mine is Rachel) would keep me watching. It's all about Kurt for me.

I first came into the show roughly around the time of Chris' Golden Globe win, right smack dab in the middle of his bullying arc. Maybe that's why Kurt left such a strong impression on me. I began watching regularly at this point, right around the time of "The Substitute"/"Furt". Before that, memories are cloudy. I remember bits and pieces of episodes I had seen before then: the Rocky Horror performance, Kurt's fabulous duet with himself and then with Rachel, the hate kiss with Dave...and so on. I even remember seeing snippets of re-runs from season one that stood out to me: Like a Prayer, 4 Minutes, It's My Life, Bad Romance, Defying Gravity, and scenes from Laryngitis. I like musicals and the show wasn't as babyish as I thought it would be (High School Musical), so I liked it. I especially loved Kurt right away.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 6/5/2013, 12:35 pm

fantastica wrote:yay for diana!

as i was typing "yay", i made typos twice. first time i typed "gay", and then "jay". blinkk Razz

Your subconscious is gay for Dianna. Wink

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 6/5/2013, 12:37 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:

Mine definitely is. Her and Lea... Do things to me. phr34r
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 6/5/2013, 12:38 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:

Everyone is gay for Dianna. That girl is a stunning beauty. No one can deny that.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 6/5/2013, 12:44 pm

I have personally crush on Naya :-) but Dianna is definitely VERY beuautiful.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 6/5/2013, 12:57 pm

arina wrote:I have personally crush on Naya :-) but Dianna is definitely VERY beuautiful.

Forgot about Naya. I totally would be bi-curious just for her. coool
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 6/5/2013, 1:09 pm

Lol

I wont turn gay for Dianna, but I can't deny that girl is so beautiful that I understand why Chris thinks she could be a perfect Cinderella. Besides, she's so nice, that I can't hate her.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 6/5/2013, 1:28 pm

All of the ladies of Glee are gorgeous. All so different in types of beauty, but all so beautiful.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 6/6/2013, 4:16 am

Yeah, but for instance Dianna just looks beautiful. Naya just looks really sexy. The are other ladies who beyond no doubt are pretty, but you can clearly see the use of make-up and professional hair stylists. All of us would look fantastic of professionals would take care of us.

But beauty is in the eye of the beholder anyway neutre .
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 6/6/2013, 3:08 pm

I honestly think Dianna is the only one who looks flawless in real life, even without the makeup, lighting, hair styling and so on. And I'm sure it's almost all natural, aside from a surgery she got to correct a broken nose. That girl has great genes. Her outside matches her inside in terms of beauty, and it's just wonderful.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 6/6/2013, 3:43 pm

Yeah, I totally see her looking stunning while waking up. It is not fair - I want her genes!
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 6/6/2013, 4:00 pm

She looks like Cinderella, as Chris said.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next